7.7

1. Sep 10, 2019
    Después de casi 10 horas de juego, puedo decir que Blasphemous es un auténtico juegazo y lo recomiendo a cualquiera. El apartado artístico es una absoluta maravilla visual. Que la música sea remplazada en la mayor parte del tiempo por sonido de ambiente le da una inmersión total al jugador en el mundo que han creado. El combate es sólido y preciso, no he tenido crasheos o bugs (aDespués de casi 10 horas de juego, puedo decir que Blasphemous es un auténtico juegazo y lo recomiendo a cualquiera. El apartado artístico es una absoluta maravilla visual. Que la música sea remplazada en la mayor parte del tiempo por sonido de ambiente le da una inmersión total al jugador en el mundo que han creado. El combate es sólido y preciso, no he tenido crasheos o bugs (a diferencia del infame port de Bloodstained) y en general todo es de SOBRESALIENTE... La única razon por la cual le pongo un 9 y no un 10 es pq no me gusta mucho el tipo de letra que usa el juego. Entiendo que es una cuestión de diseño, pero hay veces que confundo letras con otras y es pesado tener que leer varias veces una frase... Por todo lo demás es un juego de 10 Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2019
    Blasphemous is an absolutely gorgeous game, the art style, characters, world design, and gameplay is amazing. Can definitely see this become one of my all-time favourite game! Beautiful!!
  3. Sep 10, 2019
    If you're into metroidvanias, you NEED this game, as it is absolutely splendid.
  4. Sep 10, 2019
    Fantastica historia y gameplay en este metroidvania que es toda una sorpresa del estudio español
  5. Sep 10, 2019
    Bloody. Dark. Savage... PIXEL ART !
    PURE METROIDVANIA !
    Only for powerful people....that truly knows how to value.
  6. Sep 10, 2019
    A wonderful and beautiful game, very difficult too! Few will be able to truly enjoy this game
  7. Kri
    Sep 13, 2019
    Why this game isn't on the main page? Its truly one of the best of the year...
  8. Sep 18, 2019
    Despite it being kind of a pain in the ass to backtrack and explore (due to very few warp rooms and having a very limited amount of traversal abilities) this really is a fun game. The environments/characters look spectacular and the boss fights are engaging and feel satisfying to defeat. I was also a fan of the currency flow. I didn't really grind stuff and had enough to purchase upgradesDespite it being kind of a pain in the ass to backtrack and explore (due to very few warp rooms and having a very limited amount of traversal abilities) this really is a fun game. The environments/characters look spectacular and the boss fights are engaging and feel satisfying to defeat. I was also a fan of the currency flow. I didn't really grind stuff and had enough to purchase upgrades and items when I needed to. Expand
  9. Sep 21, 2019
    Blasphemous is a grotesque, and brutal Metroidvania heavily inspired by the Soulsborne series set in a land with a heavy religious tone. Despite that, the game is bloody, and sometimes downright disturbing, giving it an interesting contrast with its chosen theme. This is yet another fantastic Metroidvania that fans of the genre should sink their teeth into.

Let’s start with the good

Let’s start with the good stuff. The 2D visuals are some of the best I have seen: the pixel art is beautifully rendered with so much detail, the animations are incredibly fluid, and the characters, enemies, and bosses are fantastically designed. The music contains many acoustic guitar arrangements that can range from somber to haunting, making it such a superb soundtrack. The gameplay is more methodical than fast paced; you’ll need to pay attention to enemy patterns and use the combat mechanics carefully, but its all flows together very well. In the same sense of the Soulsborne games, there is a ton of lore and a story that you will need to piece together. Finally, there are a ton of secrets and upgrades for you to find throughout the game.

Alright, let’s talk about the things needing improving. What really keeps this game back is its technical issues. I’ve run into a few bugs/glitches that doesn’t break the game, but will certainly cause unneeded frustration. I’ve seen a few posts where the game suffered a save deleting bug, but I was fortunate enough to not have seen that, but it is something to consider. Other technical issues include some frame rate issues, and some “jankiness” when interacting with the environment. Lastly, a lack of i-frames when your character is stunned can lead to some frustrating deaths since some bosses can stunlock you.

Blasphemous doesn’t do anything new, but it doesn’t have to because it does what we expect from this formula incredibly well. Sure, the game does have its flaws, but I feel everything is done right and outweighs those issues. This one gets a big thumbs up from me. Do yourself a favor, and definitely pick this one up.
  10. Sep 15, 2019
    Absolutely awesome game! Buyer be warned: it ain't easy, but always fair. Very addicitive gameplay.
  11. Sep 12, 2019
    Do you like Metroidvanias?
    Do you like Dark Souls mood?
    If yes at one of those question YOU WILL NEED this game. Pros: -Amazing pixel art -Amazing mood and design -Solid combat and upgrade system -Difficulty (yes, it's a plus just because if you like game like this, being beaten and killed is fun) Cons: -I experienced 1 error at my first playthrought where basically all the
    Do you like Metroidvanias?
    Do you like Dark Souls mood?

If yes at one of those question YOU WILL NEED this game.

Pros:
    -Amazing pixel art
    -Amazing mood and design
    -Solid combat and upgrade system

Cons:
    -I experienced 1 error at my first playthrought where basically all the game froze during a dialogue, one of the first in the whole game. Ended up closing and losing some data. Didn't happen again but I am pretty scared could happen again
  12. Sep 16, 2019
    Hello sinners! It is finally here and as far as I can say I really can't see any major cons. Let me break it down.

Pros: - Metroidvania gameplay - beautiful atmospheric pixel art graphics - challenging fights - masterclass atmospheric music - disturbingly gruesome - many customisation options - well writen and atmospheric story line - controls feel good and the port to switch is

Pros:
    - Metroidvania gameplay
    - beautiful atmospheric pixel art graphics
    - challenging fights
    - masterclass atmospheric music
    - disturbingly gruesome
    - many customisation options
    - well writen and atmospheric story line
    - controls feel good and the port to switch is awesome executed
    - translation into other languages is pretty good, at least for german (only the text got translated tho, voice is still english, which is good)
    - very good voice acting
    - really cool cutscenes
    - 60 fps ins handheld and tv-mode

Cons:
    - I personally wished for more fluid gameplay like dodging midair from the get go but that is so minor it doesnt even is needed
    - I bought the game from german Nintendo eShop and it seems to have no option to change the language back to english (also a really minor con)
    - as for the release, no physical copy, which is sad (hopefully they will bring a physical copy if it sells well)
    - sometimes it feels a bit weird when bosses change their pattern

Verdict:
    It is a beautiful, challenging, well writen and atmospheric game. The creators of The Last Door did a really good job and the music by Carlos Viola Iborra delivers once more! I highly recommend supporting this developer so we can get more of those awesome atmospheric games. Well done Game Kitchen, well done!
  13. Sep 12, 2019
    The game is amazing and it truly doesn’t deserve the lower ratings from these other gaming publications. Are we experiencing the same game? The art style alone makes it a game well worth playing. It runs great on the switch, and it is the perfect home for it. The religious folk tales and Spanish Inquisition theme the game draws from is something so new and not done before that it really isThe game is amazing and it truly doesn’t deserve the lower ratings from these other gaming publications. Are we experiencing the same game? The art style alone makes it a game well worth playing. It runs great on the switch, and it is the perfect home for it. The religious folk tales and Spanish Inquisition theme the game draws from is something so new and not done before that it really is a breath of fresh air. I hope this Spanish studio comes out with more games like this because it is truly amazing and the pixel art is to die for and so stunning! Please get this game and you won’t regret it!!! This company is amazing!!!!! Expand
  14. Oct 2, 2019
    A powerful metroidvania/souls-like, with a giant and amazing map. One of the best Nintendo Switch Games launched ever.
  15. Oct 16, 2019
    Juegazo. No sé si saldría roto, pero tras conseguir los dos finales, solo puedo decir que me ha parecido tremendo. Hay que cogerle el punto, pero el control es correcto. El combate tiene cierta profundidad para un juego de este tipo. El diseño de enemigos, jefes y mapa es magnífico, así como todo lo relativo al arte del juego. Largo y adictivo.
    Solo una pega: los trofeos perdibles.
    Solo una pega: los trofeos perdibles. Concretamente "dieta mediterránea": no conseguirlo, aunque tengas el 99% del juego, afecta a otros tres o cuatro trofeos y te obliga a iniciar una nueva partida, pero logrando el 100% del juego.

1. Oct 16, 2019
    Blasphemous is a visceral, morbid, gory metroidvania that has beautiful artwork, design and is coupled with challenging but fair gameplay and platforming. However, the world that enthralled me needed more lore to keep me overwhelmed
  2. Oct 14, 2019
    Blasphemous is a delightfully dark game with superb style. This Kickstarter success pairs magnificent world-building with clever combat mechanics. A player must have precision timing, as every hit point is vital. One wrong move could be a fatal error. This intense game feels very much like a 2D platforming version of games like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.
  3. Oct 11, 2019
    Blasphemous is a visually stunning action-adventure platformer that will leave you clamouring for more. Challenging even the most skilled players, you’ll be left shaking your head at your own incompetence while unwaveringly resuming your quest as the Penitent One.