7.2

1. Oct 16, 2019
    Unsettling, dark, mysterious, it’s Lovecraft at its best and now portable! A good port of a very atmospheric and scary game.
  2. Oct 14, 2019
    This game is just as good as it was on more powerful consoles. There are a few graphical hiccups but not enough to cap this game down. Load times are a little long but thats ok and this is much better than that trashy ghost recon breakpoint
  3. Oct 11, 2019
    Unofortunately I am writing this review on a non-completed game. The initial selling point, being the story I could not experience it in full, as the game (not sure if the port, or the game itself) seems to be rather broken, failing to load levels appropriately and having me to restart my switch numerous times, just to find myself in the same position.
    The visuals, as noted by many
    The visuals, as noted by many others, are lacluster. The difference in quality between cutscenes and actual gameplay is borderline depressing.This game does not deserve to have such a high price-tag in 2019.

The sound is appaling. The sound designers managed to fail astonishingly, deliving distorted dialogue, lack of foley and enviromental effects.

It is a shame that the designers of this product failed, on what seemed to be a promissing and unique addition to video game uniquity.

1. Oct 21, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Oct 21, 2019
    The title is the same as it was a year ago (eternal uploads included, unfortunately): considering that the starting material, from a technical point of view, was certainly not a miracle, one could almost say that the game is more at ease on the hybrid Nintendo.
  3. Oct 18, 2019
    At best, this is just a very gimmicky adventure game. Each level having its own thing is a bit refreshing from always having to pixel-hunt for objects, tying simplistic stats into the mix adds some planning, and the way this title forces players to commit to their actions is nice. Sadly, as the journey reaches its half-way point, the story unravels in a very unsatisfying manner. Characters are built up and don't get the proper pay-off, while some disappear entirely. Given the hallucinatory nature of the story, it can be difficult to discern what is real and unreal. This was by design since you can't have a Lovecraft story without people losing their minds, but Call of Cthulhu needed to "wow" people in the endings, not betray them.