8.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Feb 16, 2018
    A very good game to play! The game offers a variety of different options to build. The graphic is cute and the NPC's are unique in its own way. With the new version on the switch, We are now able to play on the go and this game is pretty relaxing to play on public transport and such as it is very casual and easy.

It allows you to do a lot of things and the features for building is just

It allows you to do a lot of things and the features for building is just great. I would highly recommend this game to others.
  2. Feb 9, 2018
    great game for minecraft and dragon warrior fans.

The only thing that really "hurts" the game overall is it's distinct lack of a multiplayer experience. However, for what it offers, its a great game to spend some time with, at home or on the go!
  3. Feb 23, 2018
    Let me start off by saying that I’ve never played a DQ game before and have never been a fan of Minecraft, I’ve tried Minecraft a couple of times but just couldn’t get into it. That said, I decided to buy DQB in the eShop and I’m very glad I did. I thought maybe because I don't like Minecraft I'll definitely not like this game too but I was so wrong. I am surprised by how much I’m enjoyingLet me start off by saying that I’ve never played a DQ game before and have never been a fan of Minecraft, I’ve tried Minecraft a couple of times but just couldn’t get into it. That said, I decided to buy DQB in the eShop and I’m very glad I did. I thought maybe because I don't like Minecraft I'll definitely not like this game too but I was so wrong. I am surprised by how much I’m enjoying DQB! I guess it’s because of the RPG elements and because there are objectives and quests and not just building for the sake of it (looking at you, Minecraft). Anyway, for anyone on the fence because they think it's like Minecraft, just know that it isn't, it's completely different. This game is addictive and there's just so much to do! Get this game, you won't regret it. Expand
  4. Feb 13, 2018
    I love this game so much. The building is fun and it has that Dragon Quest charm. The story and characters are interesting. The music is fantastic, too. I'm addicted to it. I can't stop playing.

Don't worry if you've never played a Dragon Quest game before. There are a few references to older games but the game's story stands on its own. You don't have to play any other game to be able to understand it.
  5. Jan 29, 2022
    The perfect game that combines the Minecraft style with the classic JRPGs from Square Enix. Highly recommended.
  6. May 19, 2019
    Didn't think I would like this game since I'm not a big fan of Minecraft type games, but this one was really fun. I've played through the story multiple times and still have fun. It does have its flaws such as the build height and gathering materials can be a little annoying, but nothing that ruins the game play.
  7. Jul 9, 2019
    A beautiful game close to the idea of Maine Craft where the story and drawing a beautiful and attractive world game is different from the original series by providing content more attractive game awesome deserve
  8. Oct 29, 2018
    A very refreshing and welcome take on a RPG! The building aspect and mechanics are awesome. Ensuring that every game-through by every player will be different from each other. Story is quite interesting. A little voice over will make this game even more awesome. One of my favorite parts where from Chapter 3. Because... Bodybuilders. LOL! Recommended to those who haven't played it. I'mA very refreshing and welcome take on a RPG! The building aspect and mechanics are awesome. Ensuring that every game-through by every player will be different from each other. Story is quite interesting. A little voice over will make this game even more awesome. One of my favorite parts where from Chapter 3. Because... Bodybuilders. LOL! Recommended to those who haven't played it. I'm looking forward for the sequel. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2018
    I loved this game. I enjoyed the difficulty change from one chapter to the other. my only "problem" with the game was its addiction and forgetting time while playing this game. I am a person that takes my time when playing games and I am at 100 + hours ( please keep in mind that most of that is leveling mountains in each chapter. I mean why go around a mountain when you have the powerI loved this game. I enjoyed the difficulty change from one chapter to the other. my only "problem" with the game was its addiction and forgetting time while playing this game. I am a person that takes my time when playing games and I am at 100 + hours ( please keep in mind that most of that is leveling mountains in each chapter. I mean why go around a mountain when you have the power to bring it to its knees.) Expand
  10. Feb 25, 2019
    Cast: 9/10
    Story: 7/10
    Fun: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10

Recommended
    ----------------------
  11. May 20, 2018
    Dragon Quest fans will absolutely love this gem. Even with a dislike for the simplicity of Mine Craft or no experience playing you will easily jump right into the beef of this game and enjoy it. Don’t assume this game is easy - it isn’t. The story is cute and very true to the essence of Dragon Quest but I found myself clicking through and not reading about half of the dialogue because IDragon Quest fans will absolutely love this gem. Even with a dislike for the simplicity of Mine Craft or no experience playing you will easily jump right into the beef of this game and enjoy it. Don’t assume this game is easy - it isn’t. The story is cute and very true to the essence of Dragon Quest but I found myself clicking through and not reading about half of the dialogue because I was too excited to craft the next time and get on with it. You are also not forced or rushed to play through the rewarding linear plot to this game. I loved the full 45 hours it took me to complete this game. I was saddened by my decision to not invest the time to unlock all of the unlockables. Those who are not afraid to go off the beaten path will be pleasantly rewarded. One of my top picks for Switch thus far and makes me eager for DQXI Expand
  12. Oct 5, 2018
    Amazing game, so fun, and addictive. i played for 150 hours. i like this fusion on the RPG and the Survival creative.
  13. Jul 23, 2019
    Very fun game to play, addictive, it's good even for someone who isn't into building games. Here there is a sense of direction and at the same time you can just farm stuff to build something you want. Combat is not very good but it's not that bad.
  14. Nov 18, 2018
    My favourite game on the Switch. I used to love LEGO as a child, but this is the ultimate way to build. The controls are superb, I can’t stress this enough. The game plays like a dream. I never expected to like this game at all before Wood from BeatEmUps made a video about it. I thought it wasn’t for me as I don’t like minecraft, but this game got me hooked. I’m now 290 hours in and I’mMy favourite game on the Switch. I used to love LEGO as a child, but this is the ultimate way to build. The controls are superb, I can’t stress this enough. The game plays like a dream. I never expected to like this game at all before Wood from BeatEmUps made a video about it. I thought it wasn’t for me as I don’t like minecraft, but this game got me hooked. I’m now 290 hours in and I’m just replaying all the chapters while continuing to build in the free build mode Terra Incognita to my hearts content. The possibilities are endless there, and gathering the materials is so much fun.

I do recommend completing all the chapters (story mode) first though, so you can unlock all the equipment and building materials.

There are four chapters. Each one separate, in that you start from scratch with every new chapter, but you are free to revisit old chapters and continue to build there if you really want to.

When I first started playing the game, I thought I had beaten the game when I finished the first chapter, feeling quite satisfied... Little did I know there was so much more!

Also, the music is brilliant, just like in the other Dragon Quest games. I find myself humming the tunes all the time. Across the board 10/10 from me.
  15. Jan 30, 2019
    I like the art style and the building mechanics of the game, but the combat could be better. 8 out of 10.
  16. Mar 22, 2019
    I have never been a huge fan of minecraft but I am addicted to this game. The quests are fun, the dialogue is humorous, the graphics are cute - it is a relaxing game to play at the end of a long day.
  17. May 18, 2019
    Dragon Quest Builders gives a relaxing, cheery, charming vibe to Minecraft, even if they put you in dire days of Alefgard. I am into Dragon Quest far more than Minecraft and this is just a world I want to be in. It's enjoyable and everything is broken into chapters so you don't spend the entire game hunkered down in one place, although there is a sandbox mode. You're working in limitedDragon Quest Builders gives a relaxing, cheery, charming vibe to Minecraft, even if they put you in dire days of Alefgard. I am into Dragon Quest far more than Minecraft and this is just a world I want to be in. It's enjoyable and everything is broken into chapters so you don't spend the entire game hunkered down in one place, although there is a sandbox mode. You're working in limited space and you need to make everything fit into your little town. There are boss battles and the game continues to amaze me with it's never ending bag of tricks. Except magic... doesn't seem like there's any usable magic at least in the early 10 hours of the game. Expand
  18. Sep 4, 2019
    Muy buen juego en el que puedes pasar horas creativas con muy interesante historia. No pongo mejor nota debido al lag que muchas veces fastidia la partida.
  19. May 20, 2020
    Dragon Quest Builders es un juego de construcción, simulación y RPG desarrollado por Square Enix.
    Controlamos al protagonista quien es el llamado "constructor legendario", el elegido por la divinidad para recorrer distintos mundos, reconstruirlos y purificarlos de la energía negativa que los inunda. El juego se estructura en 4 capítulos, cada uno ambientado en una dimensión diferente donde el objetivo es relativamente similar : reconstruir la ciudad principal que ha sido devastada por monstruos, rescatar personajes que se encuentran repartidos por el mundo, incorporarlos como habitantes de la ciudad y cumplir los requerimientos que nos puedan plantear, recolectar los diferentes ítemes y materiales que encontramos para construir diversas estructuras y recetas que nos servirán para progresar en la historia.

Debo confesar que a primera vista me costó un poco entender la dinámica del juego (no suelo ver videos ni espoilearme antes de jugar), ya que la pantalla principal y menú son bastante minimalistas. Solo tendremos visible la barra de hambre, la barra de experiencia de la "base" (ciudad) y los puntos de vida del protagonista. Tampoco existe un tutorial obligatorio. Sin embargo, el juego es intuitivo, es recomendable lanzarse a explorar y hablar siempre con los habitantes de nuestra ciudad que nos darán tips de cómo proseguir en la historia.

La música y sonidos del juego son muy agradables y adecuados para el género, escucharemos las típicas melodías que sonarán por días en nuestra cabeza luego de haberlo terminado.

Un detalle que me gustaría destacar es que los NPC del juego, por irrelevantes que sean, se expresan con diálogos ingeniosos y llenos de humor, los personajes tienen mucho carisma y una personalidad propia. Para explotar al máximo esta característica recomiendo hablar regularmente con todos los personajes de la ciudad, ya que son pocos los diálogos obligatorios.

El único y gran punto negativo y también el motivo de mi calificación es la ausencia del sentido de progresión en el juego. Como explicaba al principio, son 4 capítulos independientes entre sí y en cada uno "partimos de 0", es decir, abandonamos todo el progreso en conseguido en el mundo anterior. Entonces es un poco frustrante esforzarse por conseguir todas las recetas o ser prolijo en la construcción y decoración de nuestra ciudad, si luego tendremos que empezar de nuevo en la pobreza. También me hace falta algún sistema de "leveleo" para el combate, en DQB la única forma de mejorar a tu protagonista para que pegue más es con equipo, no existe algún sistema donde ganemos experiencia y ganemos poder conforme vayamos batallando.

En general, DQB es un juego creativo, que logra un excelente complemento entre el género de simulación y el RPG propiamente tal, incorpora varios elementos innovadores en cuanto a la jugabilidad y entrega muchas horas de diversión. Me parece recomendable para fans del RPG, así como también para jugadores que no sean tan cercanos al género.
  20. Apr 8, 2020
    Un juego estilo Minecraft, adaptado al universon Dragon Quest.
    El juego esta realmente bien conseguido en su propósito, es realmente divertido jugarlo y su ritmo se adapta muy bien a la forma de jugar de cada jugador, pudiendo ir al grano y a hacer las misiones que te plantea el juego, o perderte en su mundo construyendo libremente según se te antoje.
    - Gráficamente es correcto. Tiene
    Un juego estilo Minecraft, adaptado al universon Dragon Quest.

- Gráficamente es correcto. Tiene un estilo muy respetuoso con lo que es la saga dragon Quest, quizá un poco más simplificado, pero aceptable al fin y al cabo. Respecto a juegos como Minecraft, Dragon quest Builders se ve muchisimo mejor.
    - El Apartado sonoro incluye banda sonora orquestada de la serie Dragon Quest, con piezas muy memorables y de gran calidad.
    - La jugabilidad esta muy bien conseguida y da muchas opciones. En este aspecto es inferior a Minecraft, porque no tienes tantas opciones de construcción ni de personalización, pero las suficientes para tener una muy buena experiencia de juego.
    - En este caso el juego incorpora historia y una serie de misiones que nos guían a través de los mundos del juego. Una história adaptada del primer juego de Dragon Quest de NES, que nos anima a seguir jugando hasta completar el juego.
    - El juego incorpora además un modo libre que nos da total libertad de construcción. Este modo lo iremos desbloqueando y mejorando a medida que avancemos en la historia principal, y permite cierta conectividad online, para poder ver las construcciones de otros jugadores.
  21. Jul 10, 2020
    Great game.

Visually it is very beautiful, playably it has its improvements but it fulfills very well, the story is very good, without being outstanding, but it also hooks you, especially on the part of discovering new areas, worlds, objects, constructions ... If you like to build you will spend many hours here. Bosses are a challenge, it's not just hitting the button, you have to
    Great game.

Bosses are a challenge, it's not just hitting the button, you have to think about it well.

Music faithful to the saga, as it should be.
  22. Apr 25, 2021
    Man, the sequel really improved on this game in a lot of ways. Still a really good time, though. It's just that I HIGHLY recommend the sequel instead.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 45 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 15, 2018
    Dragon Quest Builders is both a great Dragon Quest spin-off and an interesting take on the somewhat overplayed sandbox genre that’s only made better on Nintendo Switch. It’s a game that can be played for hours or in shorts bursts, so it’s perfect on a portable console.
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 3, 2018
    It’s not just a Minecraft rip-off. Square Enix expanded Mojang’s concept and infused the game with tons of Dragon Quest. [03/2018, p.74]
    It is plenty of fun, a terrific evolution of Minecraft that’s made its way to a perfect console.