8.0

1. Apr 30, 2019
    Final Fantasy XII was a hugely overlooked game back in the day as the PS360 was already present, but it speaks to its strengths that it still feels like a modern game even today. His approach to open world by giving large but varied areas while still feeling like you are making progress is the kind of great feeling that follows you throughout the game.

The new gameplay changes allows

The new gameplay changes allows you to have characters who can fill roles that pushes you to level all of them, and the exclusive features such as the ability to reset jobs instead of being locked to one through the whole game makes experimentation easy and enjoyable. For people with not enough time on their hands, the fast-forward feature allows you to make great amounts of progress even on limited time. It was also highly revolutionary with its gambit system, which still is even today one of the few games that made basic programming enjoyable and intuitive as a visual programming language. I have teached kids how to understand programming concepts with this game. This system allows you to program your party members to do actions for you. in short, you are designing their AI by yourself and it works very well, in a very pedagogic manner.

The story is also a greatly overlooked one, as it follows Matsuno's flavour of political stories that manages to bring out the humanness in people. It's not so much about good or bad people than it is about the environment they live in and the set of beliefs they have. It's the closest you have to a palatable, Game of Thrones-esque storyline in Final Fantasy alongside Tactics. Not to mention the excellent Sakimoto soundtrack re-orchestrated into rousing arrangements, and the stellar VA cast including class A voice actors such as Gideon Emery, Simon Templeman (Kain!) and Nolan North among many others.

For people who wants an engrossing experience while witnessing an adult storyline that has few of the anime, shonen-bound trappings but a lot of the western literary references (Shakespeare, Dickens among others) in mind, there is no doubt that it is the best Final Fantasy experience you can have on your switch right now.
  2. May 29, 2019
    It was the first time I played this game and I think it is good. It is a HD remaster, so smoother visuals which are sufficient. The story and the characters remembering me a lot of Star Wars what is also good.
    I also enjoyed the Gambit system to create your own AI behavior for each of your party members. You can do it directly in a fight, if you need to change your tactics for an end boss.
    What bugged me the most was the old gameplay and mission mechanics. There is no mission markers and you need to dig deep into the menu to know where you can find your next bounty.
    I caught myself rewatching cutscenes to understand where is my next story mission as the map you have shows only the current dungeon you are into and you can't really zoom out.
    If this old mechanics don't bother you, you will get an enjoyable approx. 70 hour Star Wars like story.
  3. May 1, 2019
    Absolutely one of the best RPGs I've had the pleasure to play. Final Fantasy XII has always been a personal favorite of mine, ever since I played it back on the PS2, and this port certainly holds up. The added job system and numerous quality of life changes like autosave and a fast-forward button make this the definitive way to play this fantastic game. The story may not be the greatest,Absolutely one of the best RPGs I've had the pleasure to play. Final Fantasy XII has always been a personal favorite of mine, ever since I played it back on the PS2, and this port certainly holds up. The added job system and numerous quality of life changes like autosave and a fast-forward button make this the definitive way to play this fantastic game. The story may not be the greatest, and the lip-syncing is yuck at best, but those are the only complaints I can really come up with. The re-orchestrated soundtrack is an absolute treat to listen to and the open-world style gameplay remains as my favorite even after all of these years.

Put simply, I can't recommend this game enough. If you even mildly enjoy RPGs, this game is a must-play.
  4. May 5, 2019
    Worse than PS4 remaster. But it's still FF12, so it's a fantastic game overall.
  5. May 25, 2019
    it runs like complete trash on the switch, buy it anywhere else but here. would not recommend.
  6. Jun 6, 2019
    Im Grunde genommen ist es wie das PS2 Original, nur mit einigen Änderungen. Die Gravierendeste ist sicherlich das Job System, dass dem Spieler ermöglicht eine von 12 zur Auswahl stehenden Klassen (Ritter, Jäger, Schwarzmagier, usw.) auszuwählen und später im Spiel mit einer zweiten Klasse zu kombinieren. Seine Entscheidungen bei der Jobauswahl kann man auch rückgängig machen und neuIm Grunde genommen ist es wie das PS2 Original, nur mit einigen Änderungen. Die Gravierendeste ist sicherlich das Job System, dass dem Spieler ermöglicht eine von 12 zur Auswahl stehenden Klassen (Ritter, Jäger, Schwarzmagier, usw.) auszuwählen und später im Spiel mit einer zweiten Klasse zu kombinieren. Seine Entscheidungen bei der Jobauswahl kann man auch rückgängig machen und neu treffen, wodurch der Experimentierfreude nichts im Wege steht.
    Im Großen und Ganzen ist es das selbe Spiel. Wer das Original mochte wird The Zodiac Age lieben.

1. Jun 17, 2019
    Final Fantasy XII is a solid entry in the main series that has definitely been improved by updates made with the remaster. Elements of the game that were quite a shake-up at the time stand out much less given where the series has gone over the last decade. If you missed it the first time, this is the best version I could recommend thanks to the portability and all of the most up to date additions and improvements. More importantly, the game is fun. After countless hours of turn-based battles, it was a pleasant change. If you missed it the first time, it’s time to fix that mistake and grab Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
  2. May 29, 2019
    All of this comes together for a mostly engaging strategic experience that is just long enough to not wear out its welcome. You’re not going to sink hundreds of hours into it like you did with Breath of Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but that’s a good thing in this case. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac age chugs along at a decent speed (albeit sometimes slowed by long, repetitive environments and the micromanagement of the gambit system), with story elements dropped in just often enough to keep you intrigued.
  3. May 28, 2019
    This new (and supposedly last) edition of Final Fantasy XII perfects the already excellent one on PlayStation 4 in 2017 and the following year on PC. The portability of Nintendo Switch is an added value of that version, thanks to a flexible gameplay that adapts to gaming sessions of any duration.