8.3

1. Aug 3, 2018
    I’ve been looking forward to Flat Heroes for about a year now, because it looks exactly like a multiplayer version of Super Meat Boy, one of my favorite games. Sure it’s been on Steam for a while, but when we’re talking couch multiplayer platformers, I’ll always prefer to play on the portable wunderkonsole.

Looking at the title screen, you will note two curious features. The first is

Looking at the title screen, you will note two curious features. The first is that there’s no options to speak of, not even volume. The more striking feature is that there is no **** online multiplayer. At all. When I see that in a game like this, it registers the same way as a noose and a handwritten note.

Read the full review here: http://kanjooschat.com/2018/07/31/flat-heroes-demo-review/

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 22, 2019
    Aside from a couple of relatively small issues, this is both one of the finest independent games of 2018, and one of the most unique puzzle/action/platforming titles of the year. A visceral experience, which relies almost purely on the satisfaction of clearing a tough challenge, Flat Heroes provides ample opportunities for players to test their mettle against a continually escalating series of challenges. Whether breaking through thanks to careful dissection of the puzzle, pure technical skill, or even just a bit of luck, each new stage presents a new opportunity to earn what should be a very satisfying victory.
  2. Dec 3, 2018
    The multiplayer aspect is a bit of a mess, there’s not enough meat on its bones to really keep me interested and then, even if it did, it would all be over too fast. The quick-play style it boasts is definitely a plus but on the other hand, if I only had a few minutes to play a game like this I could never see myself popping on Flat Heroes over N++. And because of that, I unfortunately just cannot recommend it, when the clearly superior title is available on all the same platforms, including the Switch.
  3. Oct 28, 2018
    You could easily think that this game is too simple. You would be wrong: there are a lot of perfectly polished platform levels in Flat Heroes to play alone or accompanied and good and fast multiplayer modes.