9.2

1. Sep 19, 2020
    Amazing visuals, soundtrack, writing combat and progression. This game makes it fun to die.
  2. Sep 19, 2020
    Truly a labor of love! Hades is the result of Supergiant Games taking the high bar they set for themselves with previous releases (Bastion, Transistor, Pyre) and raising it even higher.
    Any roguelike fans, action fans, greek mythology fans, or anyone who just appreciates a rock solid game with beauty art and sound design MUST check out Hades.
    Phenomenal!
  3. Sep 19, 2020
    Best rogue-like I've played in for years and Switch GOTY so far for me. It's like Diablo crossed with Dead Cells but with a decent story thrown in.
  4. Sep 28, 2020
    Really fun at first and for a few hours, but becomes incredibly grindy after that. Its just the same thing over and over worth no sense of progression. You might get a few crystals there and there but changes on the gameplay is minimal, so you're just stuck repeating the same gameplay.

Wish it was 'punchier' (shorter) witbout the need to drop dozens of hours of samey grind.
  5. Sep 18, 2020
    Hermoso juego. Me fascina tenga un modo para disfrutar la historia cosa que lo hace más accesible para quienes no tenemos tanto tiempo para intentar e intentar.
    El arte es hermoso y la jugabilidad sublime, mejor y más amigable que dead cells a mi parecer.
  6. Sep 18, 2020
    This game is truly a masterpiece. Supergiant have outdone themselves and you can see the full evolution of all of their work culminate in this game.

It was such a fun and delightful experience, I don't want to spoil anything about it. It's a rogue-like. The combat is fast and smooth, the choices are fun, varied and interesting. It has depth and plenty of challenge on the high end --

It has depth and plenty of challenge on the high end -- but you can also play leisurely through the story.

As always from Supergiant, all the creative elements are exquisite. Amazing writing, cool world, interesting story, beautiful art and the best damn original music in all of video games.

Don't miss out!
  7. Sep 23, 2020
    Greatest Rougelike ever made.

Fantastic combat, beautiful art, engaging story, satisfying upgrade systems, great enemy variety, deep lore, and addictive gameplay that never gets old.

Buy this game!
  8. Sep 19, 2020
    I’m really enjoying playing some Mario Sunshine ☀️ but what really blew me away last night was playing Hades!
  9. Sep 29, 2020
    Game is tedious. I was bored within minutes.

1. Don't like the art style 2. Don't like the music 3. All the rooms look like each other and make utterly no sense as rooms. They look like random pieces that have been assembled into a "room"....because that's what they are. Procedural content generation. 4. No inventory. No armour or weapons. Some of the greatest fun of a
    Game is tedious. I was bored within minutes.

1. Don't like the art style

2. Don't like the music

4. No inventory. No armour or weapons. Some of the greatest fun of a rogue-like is building an ever better set of armour and weapons....well you won't be doing that here. Instead, you just get new abilities.

Even older games like Grim Dawn or Diablo 2 are more fun than this, and graphically better too. Do yourself a favour and avoid....
  10. Sep 21, 2020
    Best game ive played in this year. Its much better than hollow knights for me. Its easier for noob of soul games. Its cartoon illustrations r wonderful. Its on sale in eshop now too. Dont miss this chance
  11. Sep 21, 2020
    Truly incredible. Amazing combat, great writing and voice acting, beautiful art-style, addictive gameplay loop, enticing story, and does so much that isn't at all necessary but shows that Supergiant truly went all in. One of my favorite switch games yet, a definite must play.
  12. Sep 19, 2020
    Es increíble como toda la estética esta muy bien lograda , el desarrollo de la historia y los personajes tiene un ritmo y estilo excelente. Visualmente todo es bien pulido , una joya para todos los que tengan switch , el precio lo vale completamente, lo recomiendo 10 de 10.
  13. Sep 22, 2020
    es un juego visualmente HERMOSO con una jugabilidad adictiva y " sencilla " sin demasiada combinaciones complejas, no tiene tutorial por ende uno debe aprender todo mientras juega lo cual lo encuentro una buena forma de que los jugadores que realmente se meten en el titulo encuentren un desafió y a la vez un buen juego que afrontar. todos debería probarlo
  14. Sep 18, 2020
    In so few cases does narrative shine through in a roguelike/roguelite, but Supergiant have absolutely nailed it with Hades, each death (and you will die, a lot) allows you to bring forward resources to increase your survivability, having the cast of characters about the house of Hades comment on your last run and how you met your grizzly end makes the world feel lived in and quickly givesIn so few cases does narrative shine through in a roguelike/roguelite, but Supergiant have absolutely nailed it with Hades, each death (and you will die, a lot) allows you to bring forward resources to increase your survivability, having the cast of characters about the house of Hades comment on your last run and how you met your grizzly end makes the world feel lived in and quickly gives insight to who these people are, pair that with frenetic fast paced combat, game changing divine boons that synergise in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways, a charming cast of characters bought to life by a stellar voice cast and you’re on to another Supergiant classic.

I’ve put countless hours into this while in early access on PC, I’m so happy to have it on the switch so I can bring it on the go with me.

Best of the Genre since The Binding of Isaac.
  15. Sep 19, 2020
    One of the best games on the switch for me, maybe of all time.

Hope the devs continue the great support.
  16. Sep 18, 2020
    This game is a gem SuperGiant delivered easily one of the best roguelike available. Fully voice-acted super addictive and challenging in a fair way that makes you want to get better.
  17. Sep 18, 2020
    Assuming we reserve a perfect 10 for absolute masterpieces, this one gets a 9. Really great Roguelite hack and slash. Smooth, fast-paced combat with lots of variety depending on what buffs you get. Standard rogue progression but it's well-implemented and multifaceted. What puts this one over the top is the superb voice acting, storytelling, and world-building. All of the little dialogs areAssuming we reserve a perfect 10 for absolute masterpieces, this one gets a 9. Really great Roguelite hack and slash. Smooth, fast-paced combat with lots of variety depending on what buffs you get. Standard rogue progression but it's well-implemented and multifaceted. What puts this one over the top is the superb voice acting, storytelling, and world-building. All of the little dialogs are great, and they seem endless.

If you like this type of game then this is a must-play. It does every part of it exceptionally well.
  18. Sep 19, 2020
    Long time metacritic reader created an account just for this game. This game is Amazing hits all the right spots and feels really polished allaround.
  19. Sep 21, 2020
    I hate rogue like/lite games, but this one... Wow. Addictive from the very beginning, death is just a part of the game, a very important part. This is what a game must be: funny, challenging, with a little price compared to bad porting and other Indies games that are not near at this game's level.
    Very, very well done
  20. Sep 19, 2020
    Oyun sizi devamlı oynamaya ve meraka sürüklüyor. Kombat sistemi güzel. Farklı silahlar mevcut. Çizim ve modelleme göze çok hoş geliyor. Oynamanızı öneririm.
  21. Sep 20, 2020
    First time I've felt compelled to leave a review for a game....only a few hours in and I'm hooked!

Supergiant have made some amazing games in the past but this is next level. Combining all they've learnt along the way to make an incredible experience. To say this is on par with the mighty Dead Cells is praise indeed but even early on I can tell it is a game I'm going to lose tens if not hundreds of hours in.

You can read the critic reviews for more detail on the game but all I will say is this game plays and handles perfectly and you owe yourself to try it.

9.5/10 (no such thing as a perfect game)
  22. Sep 24, 2020
    Impressive game, bastion was good, hades is better. Played some hours and had a blast
  23. Oct 19, 2020
    In the gaming scene, I have two iconic nicknames.
    #1 - The Poker Pistolero
    #2 - Roguelike Joel I'm sure you're all familiar with the classic Poker Pistolero yarn, however, you may be wondering how I got the name Roguelike Joel. The reason I've achieved this nickname is because I have played all two roguelike games. Those games being Deadcells and Enter the Gungeon. As the retainer of
    In the gaming scene, I have two iconic nicknames.
    #1 - The Poker Pistolero
    #2 - Roguelike Joel

I'm sure you're all familiar with the classic Poker Pistolero yarn, however, you may be wondering how I got the name Roguelike Joel. The reason I've achieved this nickname is because I have played all two roguelike games. Those games being Deadcells and Enter the Gungeon. As the retainer of the nickname Roguelike Joel, I was excited to try out the new roguelike on the block, 'Hades'. However, playing this game with expectations as high as mine is akin to finding out that the kid that just moved onto the block, is gay. This game was developed by Supergiant Games and as per usual, the scoundrels gave Hades it's own unique art style which is always a spectacle to marvel at. In addition to this, while travelling throughout the depths of hell, you will be accompanied by this games tremendous score. One moment, you'll be cornered in a room full of foes with a frantic tune pushing you to survive. While in another, you'll be traversing the searing planes of Asphodel while a sombre, yet savoury euphony leads you to the cruel demon guarding its exit. Now, if you think this is bad, it only gets worse! The gameplay of Hades is precise and addicting, while providing a solid challenge all the while. You will die a lot in this game. When I did however, I didn't piss my pants and cry as I knew this would give me a chance to see what the colourful cast of characters (All fully voiced) thought of me sucking dick at this game. In conclusion, this would be a 0 star review but that joke about the gay dude reminded me of my friend Paul, who's pretty decent. This 1 star goes out to Paul.
  24. Sep 18, 2020
    Smooth as butter combat, bunch of weapons and upgrades to unlock. Interesting story.
  25. Sep 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game sucks. I dislike the isometric graphics, the sterile style, and, most important, the f#€ hero can't jump.
    He is glued to the ground.
    Always.
    After 10.000 hours of fun with dead cells this crappy game feels like a journey to the past.
    Do not buy this game. Do not even pirate it.
    Auf Deutsch: Ein doofes Spiel.
  26. Sep 21, 2020
    I don’t play rogue like games usually but this... this is a really great and addictive game with a beautiful soundtrack. i can’t stop playing, it’s just crazy. absolutely can recommend this!
  27. Sep 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't be drawn in by the saccharine reviews if you're going to buy the Switch version.

I bought this version after last week's Nintendo Direct. I bought it on the eShop, which means I cannot get a refund.

It's a definite shame, because I had wanted to play the game. The atmosphere is great and the main gameplay loop is satisfying. The character interactions are engaging, and I truly wanted to see Zagreus succeed, even if his failures were due to my butterfingers.

However, I simply cannot play the game.

Why?

Because there's a bug that prevents me from loading my save, possibly because I didn't buy one of each perk in the Mirror of Night. I chose different perks that I thought would benefit me the most during my playthrough. I can only assume that this is the reason my digital copy of the game is not working.

Yes, reader, I'm telling you that if you choose to spend the darkness (currency rewarded from dungeon runs) on perks you want, rather than every perk, then the game will refuse to load your save. Currently, the developer's recommendation is to start a new save.

At this point, I'm not particularly inclined to restart the game after putting several hours into it. I have other games in my backlog that are guaranteed to work. Unlike the titular god of the dead, I don't have all the time in the world.

The consistent crashing is something that should have been tested during development. At the time of writing, this has not been patched. I have attempted to replay this game at least once a day over the course of the week, to no avail.

I attempted to play the game again before submitting this review and it crashed while attempting to load my save.
  28. Sep 27, 2020
    Masterpiece in every possible way.
    Very rewarding game with incredible (as usual) voice acting,very responsible controls, very well animated, astonishing gameplay.
    Couldn't recommend it more.
    Don't play if you dont like grinding games.
  29. Sep 29, 2020
    ive never played a rouge/rougelite/rougelike before, but with all the hype and $20 decided to give it a shot on the switch. it's really good, I've put at least 20~ hours on it already in just a few days, which says a lot for me!! i imagine just about everyone will enjoy it.
  30. Oct 8, 2020
    Gorgeous and fun at the same time, this game is immensely entertaining. Even when chance awards you a bad set of rules, dying and trying again is fun. The combat mechanics and intertwined progression are as subtile as the writing.

On a personal note: I didn't enjoy Transistor and Pyre, this feels much better.
  31. Oct 4, 2020
    Incredibly fun and satisfying to play. Truly wonderful. Definite must-buy. The gameplay is exciting and varied, and the vibe of the game is smart and engaging.
  32. Sep 28, 2020
    Addictive game play, great style, and somehow a very rich and smooth story. Greatest Roguelike I have ever played. Period.
  33. Sep 22, 2020
    Rogue-likes are my favorite genre and Hades is the best roguelke I've ever played. The story is great, the characters are amazing and the interactions are mind blowing. I've had 30 runs so far and still I havent had one repeated dialogue.
    The weapon diversity is incredible and they can be really well personalized.
    I don't have any complaints with this game. I wish they release DLC's in
    The weapon diversity is incredible and they can be really well personalized.
    I don't have any complaints with this game.
    I wish they release DLC's in the future and online coop as well.
  34. Sep 29, 2020
    This game is a perfect addition to Switch. Love the art direction and gameplay.
  35. Sep 20, 2020
    The game deserves no less than a 90% score. What it sets out to do for the genre is impeccable and the gameplay is well above average and even the voice acting is amazing. If I were to have some criticism apart from a few glitches in the level design here in there I would say that the main problem is that if you want to complete it once by taking notice of its gameplay once and you don'tThe game deserves no less than a 90% score. What it sets out to do for the genre is impeccable and the gameplay is well above average and even the voice acting is amazing. If I were to have some criticism apart from a few glitches in the level design here in there I would say that the main problem is that if you want to complete it once by taking notice of its gameplay once and you don't want to spend WEEKS grinding for it to see the entire story it's lacking in that you will never see the whole story without extreme grinding. Expand
  36. Oct 19, 2020
    It contains all essentials of a game. Story, Replayability, Variety, Gameplay and Artwork. Every run/escape is going to be different and every run satisfies. It's addictive but also you can put down to relax for next day.
  37. Sep 25, 2020
    Lo he jugado al rededor de 6 horas y no me canso de jugarlo, me parece una mezcla con lo mejor de Diablo III, Castlevania SOTN y The binding of Issac, simplemente, me encantó
  38. Oct 9, 2020
    Hades is a really fun game with a great combat loop, visuals and sound - the whole pizzazz. My one gripe with it is that there's just not enough variety in the content to justify grinding your way through the 10 successful runs required to get the actual ending. The first few runs are quite interesting until you've found your favourite weapons and abilities that allow you to wreck theHades is a really fun game with a great combat loop, visuals and sound - the whole pizzazz. My one gripe with it is that there's just not enough variety in the content to justify grinding your way through the 10 successful runs required to get the actual ending. The first few runs are quite interesting until you've found your favourite weapons and abilities that allow you to wreck the bosses, but a lot of subsequent enhancements and additional challenges unlock so slowly that you'll never even get to them before finishing the grind.

It would have been better to reduce the unlock requirements for pretty much everything to create a better sense of progression.
  39. Sep 28, 2020
    I did not expect this game to be a 10/10, but it really is. Unlike other rouge-likes failure is actually fun in this game, not frustrating. You always have something on the go; whether it be a relationship with other characters (who are all awesome, ancient Greek gods or heroes), or new weapons, upgrades to the world, or to your own abilities. Every time you die you get to make progress inI did not expect this game to be a 10/10, but it really is. Unlike other rouge-likes failure is actually fun in this game, not frustrating. You always have something on the go; whether it be a relationship with other characters (who are all awesome, ancient Greek gods or heroes), or new weapons, upgrades to the world, or to your own abilities. Every time you die you get to make progress in one of these things, so there really is no such thing as a loss of progress in this game. You're always progressing. As a result, it's not frustrating. It's just fun all the time.

Interestingly, I find Hades similar to Civilization, of all games. It has that same "one more turn" feel to it. You could easily burn away all the hours of the night just having "one more" go, and have a blast doing it.

As other have said, the visuals, story, sound design, and gameplay are all masterful. But I want to emphasize the value here. There're 6 basic weapons and each has 4 variants, so there's 24 different combat styles. And that's without even mentioning all the perks you get from the Olympian gods as they aid your escape from the underworld, or the "keepsakes" - items gifted to you by other characters which you carry with you to provide various benefits. With those included, there must be millions of different combinations of abilities, and millions of styles of play. I mean, the depth and value here is off the charts.

This is one of those games like the Witcher 3 where I actually feel kind of guilty for buying it on sale, because I know it deserves the full price. If you're not sure or you're waiting for a sale I say just buy it now. You won't regret it.
  40. Sep 22, 2020
    One of the 2020’s most engaging and satisfying games to play just for fun, to get lost in its many chambers with amazing gameplay and bursting personality in its storytelling and art direction. Once more: one of 2020’s finest.
  41. Sep 22, 2020
    Supergiant Games опять порадовали. Отличный рогалик в интересном сеттинге, понравились боевка и прокачка, музыка так же неплохая, диалоги достаточно забавные.
    Из минусов - малое разнообразие врагов и локаций, тру концовку получил после 10 успешного забега и к этому времени игра мне все таки поднадоела.
  42. Sep 27, 2020
    A must own for Switch owners. The death, rebirth, upgrade system is amazing! Keeps me wanting more.
  43. Oct 15, 2020
    Absolutely fantastic game. Highly recommend!
    Just go grab a copy, and enjoy.
  44. Oct 10, 2020
    Hades is a triumph of a game and shows what early-access indie games should be in 2020. Supergiant Games is one of the best indie game developers there is and they have shown their class and skill with Hades. Everything in the game is perfect from its art and music, to combat and narrative. There is not one bad thing I can think of about this game, it is simply perfect.

If you are

If you are skeptical of the roguelite genre, Hades is the one game that will get you addicted to them. Its progression systems are rewarding, making you want to have ‘one more run’ rather than throwing your controller through the screen after a death.

The story, though simple at its core, is enthralling and makes me want to keep playing over and over to find out the conclusion to Zag’s story. I think this has a lot to do with the excellent writing of Greg Kasavin and the amazing character designs of Jen Zee. I’ve become so interested in Hades that I’ve been Googling and reading up on Greek mythology, to get a better understanding of how all of these Gods, Spirits and Monsters intertwined.

In my eyes there is no question that Hades is my Game of the Year. Honestly, if we didn’t live in a world where graphics rule awards, I would say it should be Game of the Year, that is how good it is. If anything in this review has piqued your interest about the game, please, please try it out. It is truly an outstanding, once in a generation game that should be played by everyone from heaven to hell.
  45. Sep 21, 2020
    Best roguelike game I’ve played in ages! Addictive gameplay loop, great music, characters, voice acting, art style and a compelling story too!
  46. Sep 27, 2020
    Jogo muito viciante, porém tem alguns aspectos que não gostei:
    - a cada avanço o jogo aumenta a dificuldade, porém a evolução da personagem é lenta muito lenta, dando a sensação que sempre está muito fraco
    - O RNG pode ser muito cruel, dando as piores bênçãos de cada deus ou recompensas medíocres, e desistir não modifica, para renovar é obrigado a morrer
  47. Oct 19, 2020
    Feels like a GOTY to me. Surpassed my experience with Dead Cells, which I loved. Awesome soundtrack and dialogue. Gameplay is diverse enough to keep every run fresh.
  48. Oct 2, 2020
    It's a really good rogue like, with plenty of variety in builds and very interesting character with dialogues that follow the walk through and constantly changing depending on what you do or did. Highly recommend it.
  49. Sep 28, 2020
    Hades is THE perfect roguelike game. With memorable characters, fluid combat, and a story that will make you keep saying "one more try"!
  50. Sep 21, 2020
    Ive never played any indie games from this developer or any game quite like this one. This game is actually really fun and addicting. The story is also incredible and each character has an amazing and unique personality. I can definitely see how much heart and passion went into this game.
  51. Sep 30, 2020
    Su nombre es Zagreo hijo de Hades y pretende escapar del inframundo a base de palos eso sí, en este Rogue Like de SuperGiant.

La curiosidad de este título se basa en que cada vez que pereces en las feroces batallas, mejoras algo que te hace aguantar más y eso incita a superarte una y otra vez para llegar a tu objetivo. Grandes gráficos ya muy característicos de esta empresa, la banda

Grandes gráficos ya muy característicos de esta empresa, la banda sonora está más que a la altura y es una delicia como ambienta el juego.

La historia tienes que investigarla por tu cuenta que tiene su chicha aunque parezca que no.

En definitiva un juego entretenido y exigente que tendrás que completar varias "runs" para exprimirlo por completo .
  52. Sep 21, 2020
    There are few games that I can play over and over again even after 'beating' them, Hades is such a game. Once again, Supergiant really delivered with gameplay, performance, art, sound and story. This is a must own for any Switch player and possibly the best version of Hades on the market. Once cross saves are implemented it will be even better.
  53. Oct 8, 2020
    Ever since playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth back in 2016 I've been a huge fan of the roguelike genre and Hades is just another reminder of why I love these games so much.

First off, Hades is exceptionally well written for a roguelike game. Generally, they lack in the story department and the gameplay makes up for it, but Hades manages to deliver both a beautiful story and amazing characters as well an almost flawless fast-paced combat. All the characters' dialogues and small interactions are priceless.

This game is not only for those who love addictive and punishing roguelike games but is also a must-play for everyone who loves ancient Greece and its mythology since the story is so well-written and interesting. Also, for those who aren't skilled enough in the roguelike genre, the game includes a less punishing mode for those interested in the narrative. So it's accessible for the majority of gamers.

To conclude. Hades is probably the second-best roguelike game I've ever played since Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Go play it and replay it, you won't regret it.
  54. Oct 14, 2020
    Continues the dev's streak of having some of the best writing, characterization, music, and world-building in games. One of the best rogue-lites I've played, and features an all-time great cast of characters. Sui generis; rogue-lite/action RPG/visual novel bliss.
  55. Sep 24, 2020
    This game is really amazing! I started playing a couple of days ago and I can't leave it be! The game is really challenging, but as it progresses you can buy more and more upgrades for Zagreus. The different weapons also add incredible depth to the game, because you want to try them all. I really can't think of any downsides of this game, even the sound and music is on point. Love it!
  56. Sep 22, 2020
    This is one of the best games I’ve ever played. It’s addictive and action packed with all the combinations you can create during your runs. Would highly recommend.
  57. Sep 22, 2020
    Top 3 switch game with BoTW and Hollow Knight! Visuals, audio, and gameplay are all so smooth and mesmerizing. Super fun and unique game!
  58. Sep 23, 2020
    Perfect mesh of mechanics, lore, music, and VO all supporting one of the best gameplay loops. Many progression options smooth out game play allowing the player to almost always have an option to advance their ability to progress further in the game.
  59. Sep 23, 2020
    Zagreo vino para quedarse en Switch, un super juego con un Roguelike que es frenético como Hack n'slash
  60. Sep 25, 2020
    After 1 week of playing, I signed up to rate this perfect game. Just when you think the story concludes, it goes on to continue way beyond expectations. Gameplay is different every time and the "heat" aspect keeps things challenging and interesting. The playability is high, dialogue is seemingly infinite and graphics are on point. One of the saving graces of this year.
  61. Sep 26, 2020
    Such a surprise hit for me.. Amazing game. Addictive, good story, amazing mechanics. Game of the year if you even remotely like progression based games.
  62. Sep 27, 2020
    Absolutely breathtaking. Play it, you won't regret it. From music, to pacing, to combat and a massive amount of content to get through, it would be worth the 25$ twice over. I've bought three copies for friends. That's how good this is.
  63. Oct 1, 2020
    unbelievably fun gameplay
    unbelievably good plot
    unbelievably clever gameplay loop involved with plot
    unbelievably great voice acting
    unbelievably next level music and sound design
  64. Oct 2, 2020
    I signed up for metacritic Just to let you know: Ist IS THAT good. Great Game!
  65. Oct 4, 2020
    Nearly ONE HUNDRED hours in Hades - and it's still cool and full of satisfaction. I'm a sloppy player, I've finished the game for ONLY the first time only after dying a couple dozens of times... And you need much more to see real ending. But because this game's plot and story is a masterpiece, dying wasn't something frustrating. Arguably the best rougelike ever, beating even fabulous DeadNearly ONE HUNDRED hours in Hades - and it's still cool and full of satisfaction. I'm a sloppy player, I've finished the game for ONLY the first time only after dying a couple dozens of times... And you need much more to see real ending. But because this game's plot and story is a masterpiece, dying wasn't something frustrating. Arguably the best rougelike ever, beating even fabulous Dead cells, that gives us virtually no story at all. Characters, music, art - all this emphasize the story and setting. Just few faults: Switch performance is sometimes, just sometimes, a bit sloppy as I am while text in descriptions is way too small even on TV. And we want more levels and are ready to pay for them, Supergiant! Expand
  66. Oct 12, 2020
    It can entertain you for so many hours, the events and newly introduced charakters, and the pact of punishment keeps the game rolling
  67. Oct 13, 2020
    Best rogue-lite on switch and probably game of the year for me. Incredible gameplay, great story and dialogue, and it still manages to surprise you with changes well into completing the game for the first time.
  68. Oct 19, 2020
    Amazing game. From the writing to the gameplay to the addictive progression, best rogue ever. Never thought anything would beat Dead Cells into second place for me!
  69. Oct 19, 2020
    Cool game All best! Graphics and scene awesome... animation and this game is truly a masterpiece.

Universal acclaim - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 19, 2020
    The three-pronged combination of satisfying moment-to-moment combat, a plethora of long-term permanent upgrades, and an intricately woven story that seamlessly unfolds make Hades a dangerously enjoyable game.
  2. Oct 19, 2020
    Hades is a must-play game this year and you are doing yourself a great disservice not giving it a shot. There is what seems to be an unending plethora of reasons, as highlighted so adamantly above, about why Hades will most definitely be in my top 10 games of the year list. Every aspect of Hades feels nuanced and beautifully crafted. It transforms what I initially thought was a torturous, gimmicky genre into something digestible and fun with a kick-ass narrative sprinkled on top. Hades without a doubt is one of the best games to come out this year and Supergiant Games has yet again proved that they are one of the best developers in the industry today.
  3. Oct 19, 2020
    Hades is just all around good. From its tremendous voice acting and intriguing story to its fun combat and insanely addicting gameplay loop, there is little wrong here. Graphically it's a little dated and its difficulty wall will be off-putting to many, but these are about the only major issues. Otherwise, the fun of trying "just one more time" mixed with trying to get all the right power ups in a run is a rare entertaining time. Fans of Rogue-likes owe it to themselves to check this out, especially since it is less than half the price of AAA titles.