9.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 18, 2020
    In so few cases does narrative shine through in a roguelike/roguelite, but Supergiant have absolutely nailed it with Hades, each death (and you will die, a lot) allows you to bring forward resources to increase your survivability, having the cast of characters about the house of Hades comment on your last run and how you met your grizzly end makes the world feel lived in and quickly givesIn so few cases does narrative shine through in a roguelike/roguelite, but Supergiant have absolutely nailed it with Hades, each death (and you will die, a lot) allows you to bring forward resources to increase your survivability, having the cast of characters about the house of Hades comment on your last run and how you met your grizzly end makes the world feel lived in and quickly gives insight to who these people are, pair that with frenetic fast paced combat, game changing divine boons that synergise in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways, a charming cast of characters bought to life by a stellar voice cast and you’re on to another Supergiant classic.

I’ve put countless hours into this while in early access on PC, I’m so happy to have it on the switch so I can bring it on the go with me.

Best of the Genre since The Binding of Isaac.
  2. Oct 10, 2020
    Hades is a triumph of a game and shows what early-access indie games should be in 2020. Supergiant Games is one of the best indie game developers there is and they have shown their class and skill with Hades. Everything in the game is perfect from its art and music, to combat and narrative. There is not one bad thing I can think of about this game, it is simply perfect.

If you are

If you are skeptical of the roguelite genre, Hades is the one game that will get you addicted to them. Its progression systems are rewarding, making you want to have ‘one more run’ rather than throwing your controller through the screen after a death.

The story, though simple at its core, is enthralling and makes me want to keep playing over and over to find out the conclusion to Zag’s story. I think this has a lot to do with the excellent writing of Greg Kasavin and the amazing character designs of Jen Zee. I’ve become so interested in Hades that I’ve been Googling and reading up on Greek mythology, to get a better understanding of how all of these Gods, Spirits and Monsters intertwined.

In my eyes there is no question that Hades is my Game of the Year. Honestly, if we didn’t live in a world where graphics rule awards, I would say it should be Game of the Year, that is how good it is. If anything in this review has piqued your interest about the game, please, please try it out. It is truly an outstanding, once in a generation game that should be played by everyone from heaven to hell.
  3. Feb 16, 2021
    So this is what a perfect game feels like?
    It is hard. So unbelievably hard. Yet I constantly want to go back and play more. I was annoyed when it lost GOTY, but at least it's getting great reviews from people who have a passion for really amazing gameplay.
    I am not sure if it's really technically indie or not, and I really don't care. I'm too busy playing Hades ever few days :D
  4. Jan 23, 2021
    This is one of those games where you really need to play it to believe the hype. I don't like games in this style, and yet I couldn't put it down, and I feel more likely to dabble into the genre again. I've never played a game that's very difficult but literally gets easier the more you try. I loved how progression was built into scraping the dirt off your pants and giving it another go.This is one of those games where you really need to play it to believe the hype. I don't like games in this style, and yet I couldn't put it down, and I feel more likely to dabble into the genre again. I've never played a game that's very difficult but literally gets easier the more you try. I loved how progression was built into scraping the dirt off your pants and giving it another go. It made the process far less daunting, and made for a truly addicting experience.

I love the art style of the game, and while watching videos made me weary of the still photo character conversations, I was quickly won over by amazing voice-acting, and the seemingly endless dialogue exchanges and combinations. It's really a game that you can play over and over again, and it's complete brilliance that the ending builds into that aspect of the videogame while still delivering a beautiful story.
  5. Sep 24, 2020
    This game is really amazing! I started playing a couple of days ago and I can't leave it be! The game is really challenging, but as it progresses you can buy more and more upgrades for Zagreus. The different weapons also add incredible depth to the game, because you want to try them all. I really can't think of any downsides of this game, even the sound and music is on point. Love it!
  6. Nov 13, 2020
    This is a masterpiece, and to me on Switch it goes with Zelda BOTW, Celeste, or Undertale, on the "incredible games" shelf. It's smooth, it's well connected to the real mythology and builds a solid multi-tiered story, it's full of unique dialogue and great acting and music, and it's diverse in use of weapons and bonuses.
    I played (and enjoyed) Bastion years ago but had not followed the
    I played (and enjoyed) Bastion years ago but had not followed the studio at all so I didn't know about Pyre and Transistor, but with this title I think they will definitely enter the world of big studios. This game is on another level.

- Dialogue pretty much never repeats (I'm at over 160 runs, and seriously they have written and acted stuff for the most unexpected situations), voice acting is super solid and full of life
    - The OST is a masterpiece and fades amazingly with gameplay and story
    - Weapons that you dismiss at first become absolutely fantastic in very different playstyles once you embrace the positive synergies (make different choices and you will be blown away by bonuses and weapons you completely dismissed)
    - For anybody struggling or with disabilities the "God mode" allows ramping down difficulty to enjoy the story (while still earning it)
    - It's funny (with a lot of contextual stuff referring to your encounters or previous lives etc)
    - It's beautiful, it's fluid (with a slight exception for completely insane rooms or difficulty levels where dozens of things are exploding on-screen at once)
    - The story is incredibly well layered and connected to greek mythology
    - There's a story, and there's more, and then more
    - Even when you're really done with the story, you still have a good reason to keep playing (from a story perspective as well as for the completionist aspect)
    - The "heat" system (adding different kinds of difficulty for your run in exchange for rewards) is well thought out and adds to the challenge once you're comfortable with the "normal" game. If you think you know the bosses and enemies then add some heat and discover new ones.

I've encountered maybe 3 minor bugs (visual mostly) during all that time (and nothing preventing me from playing or even messing with my progress).
    I'm still unlocking interactions with some characters and completing the list of prophecies (so I'm far from done with any cosmetic or achievement stuff, for which I have less interest anyway). And still discovering ways to use the weapons differently, and to make boons interact in new ways.

That game is worth the "full" price of typical Switch games so its normal price is a discount really.
    Supergiant said they won't do DLCs or a sequel or anything like that but honestly I hope they reconsider.
  7. Feb 5, 2021
    I had fun with this for the 15-20 hours that I played it, but never did finish it. It's a roguelike with some additional light RPG elements (i.e., you actually level up certain stats to make the game easier once if you die). My issue is that the runs are a bit too long. I kept dying on the end boss because I didn't understand its attack patterns well. Well, those deaths took me an hourI had fun with this for the 15-20 hours that I played it, but never did finish it. It's a roguelike with some additional light RPG elements (i.e., you actually level up certain stats to make the game easier once if you die). My issue is that the runs are a bit too long. I kept dying on the end boss because I didn't understand its attack patterns well. Well, those deaths took me an hour to come back from, minimum. I get that's a staple of the roguelike genre, but it lost me. I had a blast in the first 10 to 20 runs as I saw constant improvement, but that flattens. It was a good game to play to wind down for the night after a dinner out (Sept. and Oct. of 2020 - the brief time we could go out!) but won't stick with me for the long term. Expand
  8. Feb 1, 2021
    Very good. It gives a nice spin to rougelike genre. Amazing story and memorable characters. Have 80+ hours and i still whant to play more. 10/10
  9. Sep 19, 2020
    I’m really enjoying playing some Mario Sunshine ☀️ but what really blew me away last night was playing Hades!
  10. Nov 14, 2020
    I started an account here just to leave this review because I wanted to say that Hades is one of the most charismatic, alive and charming games I have ever played in my entire life. If this was the only game that I could ever play on my switch I swear I’d be happy with it. Whoever created this game; from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your commitment, vision and creativity. This isI started an account here just to leave this review because I wanted to say that Hades is one of the most charismatic, alive and charming games I have ever played in my entire life. If this was the only game that I could ever play on my switch I swear I’d be happy with it. Whoever created this game; from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your commitment, vision and creativity. This is a little masterpiece that has brought me so much joy. Expand
  11. Mar 19, 2021
    This just isn't my type of game. I guess I don't like Roguelikes. I can't stand dying so often and restarting the whole game no matter how far you've gone. This game does look and play well on the Switch- so it's a good platform. Would be good if you like this type of game.
  12. Sep 27, 2020
    A must own for Switch owners. The death, rebirth, upgrade system is amazing! Keeps me wanting more.
  13. Dec 13, 2020
    Amazing gameplay, gorgeous art style and music. Feels like everything a good game should be.
  14. Feb 16, 2021
    The roguelike that made me enjoy a roguelike. Hades has fantastic and fun gameplay (and an easy mode for those of us who don't have the time or dedication to get gud) but where I was really hooked was the story, astounding voice acting, beautiful art and killer soundtrack.

While it got old going through the same areas again and again (three area types doesnt make for a varied palate, no matter how much they're randomly generated) I still had a blast playing this game for WAY too long.
  15. Oct 31, 2020
    this game does everything right in my opinion. superb gameplay, wonderful music and visuals and the perfect pace of advancing forward. 10/10 (already played 175h and I am not a typical hardcore gamer, believe me , it's awesome)
  16. Feb 13, 2021
    Amazing game! Feels really good to play, easy controls, challenging and not needlessly complex. Perfect game to pick up and play
  17. Sep 28, 2020
    Hades is THE perfect roguelike game. With memorable characters, fluid combat, and a story that will make you keep saying "one more try"!
  18. Nov 16, 2020
    A masterpiece the best rogue like I ever played (I played a lot of rogue likes the binding of isaac, dont starve, spelunky 2, dead cells and enter the gungeon) but hades is the best one the combat feels so good the characters are realy great and its realy addicting
  19. Mar 23, 2021
    Story: 8/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Enjoyability: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10
  20. Sep 25, 2020
    After 1 week of playing, I signed up to rate this perfect game. Just when you think the story concludes, it goes on to continue way beyond expectations. Gameplay is different every time and the "heat" aspect keeps things challenging and interesting. The playability is high, dialogue is seemingly infinite and graphics are on point. One of the saving graces of this year.
  21. Sep 27, 2020
    Absolutely breathtaking. Play it, you won't regret it. From music, to pacing, to combat and a massive amount of content to get through, it would be worth the 25$ twice over. I've bought three copies for friends. That's how good this is.
  22. Nov 18, 2020
    I usually dont play these type of games but omg is hades incredibly fun. I have it on nintendo switch and the rinse and repeat of the games play style is so addicting and fun. It's totally worth playing and its cheap.
  23. Nov 19, 2020
    A roguelike with addictive and polished gameplay and a narrative that makes failure a joy because you get to see more of the story. Outstanding game design and infinitely replayable and adjustable to your preferred difficulty. Everyone should take note, this is how you do it.
  24. Feb 4, 2021
    one of the best games of 2020. i believe it’s the second best action game of 2020 after doom eternal but this game has insane replayablilty. if you’re a fan of the action genre, pick this game up ($25 is insanely cheap for this game)
  25. Mar 18, 2021
    Supergiant's Magnum opus, and one of the finest roguelites/roguelites ever made. Accessible, varied, and very fun
  26. Jun 29, 2021
    Hades is a legitimate masterpiece of a video game. As someone who has never enjoyed roguelikes or roguelites in the past due to frustration and lack of progression I was skeptical of the hype, but this game lives up and surpasses anything I ever expected. Progression is done perfectly; I have never looked forward to dying in a video game before but the ability to level up and experienceHades is a legitimate masterpiece of a video game. As someone who has never enjoyed roguelikes or roguelites in the past due to frustration and lack of progression I was skeptical of the hype, but this game lives up and surpasses anything I ever expected. Progression is done perfectly; I have never looked forward to dying in a video game before but the ability to level up and experience more of the amazing narrative completely vanquishes any feeling of frustration at failure. Every single run feels unique due to an extreme amount of unique dialogue and how interesting and different all of the power ups are. Add onto that one of the greatest soundtracks in the history of gaming and you've got an absolute winner. 10/10 worth the hand cramping and newly inflicted joy-con drift from playing handheld mode nonstop for the past week. Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2021
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is my first review, but I wanted it to be for my favorite game... HADES. Yes, this game lives up to everything you've heard. Keep up the great work Supergiant Games!
  28. Jul 25, 2021
    The art style looked amazing and lots of people were raving about this game. I game it a try and honestly didn't like it the most at first. I turned on "God Mode" in the settings to make the game more friendly to rogue-like/rogue-lite noobs like me, and I started making progress. Once that happened, I started having crazy fun. Then I read a few online strategy guides for the best builds,The art style looked amazing and lots of people were raving about this game. I game it a try and honestly didn't like it the most at first. I turned on "God Mode" in the settings to make the game more friendly to rogue-like/rogue-lite noobs like me, and I started making progress. Once that happened, I started having crazy fun. Then I read a few online strategy guides for the best builds, got more into the story, and finally beat Hades for the first time. Put it down for a couple weeks, then came back and am beating Hades every run. Testing out new builds, different boons, etc., and addicted to this game. Steep curve for me to start, but my favorite Switch game right now. Expand
  29. Nov 16, 2021
    If you like roguelikes you will like this game. If you don't like roguelikes you will probably still like this game. I literally can not think of a single flaw in Hades.
  30. Sep 19, 2020
    Truly a labor of love! Hades is the result of Supergiant Games taking the high bar they set for themselves with previous releases (Bastion, Transistor, Pyre) and raising it even higher.
    Any roguelike fans, action fans, greek mythology fans, or anyone who just appreciates a rock solid game with beauty art and sound design MUST check out Hades.
    Phenomenal!
  31. Sep 19, 2020
    Best rogue-like I've played in for years and Switch GOTY so far for me. It's like Diablo crossed with Dead Cells but with a decent story thrown in.
  32. Sep 19, 2020
    Amazing visuals, soundtrack, writing combat and progression. This game makes it fun to die.
  33. Sep 28, 2020
    Really fun at first and for a few hours, but becomes incredibly grindy after that. Its just the same thing over and over worth no sense of progression. You might get a few crystals there and there but changes on the gameplay is minimal, so you're just stuck repeating the same gameplay.

Wish it was 'punchier' (shorter) witbout the need to drop dozens of hours of samey grind.
  34. Sep 21, 2020
    Best game ive played in this year. Its much better than hollow knights for me. Its easier for noob of soul games. Its cartoon illustrations r wonderful. Its on sale in eshop now too. Dont miss this chance
  35. Sep 29, 2020
    ive never played a rouge/rougelite/rougelike before, but with all the hype and $20 decided to give it a shot on the switch. it's really good, I've put at least 20~ hours on it already in just a few days, which says a lot for me!! i imagine just about everyone will enjoy it.
  36. Oct 19, 2020
    It contains all essentials of a game. Story, Replayability, Variety, Gameplay and Artwork. Every run/escape is going to be different and every run satisfies. It's addictive but also you can put down to relax for next day.
  37. Jan 5, 2021
    This is the rogue-like for people who don't like rogue-likes.

It's ALSO the rogue-like for people who DO like rogue-likes. Every aspect of this game shows thought, polish, and skill. From the character designs, to the music, to the gameplay, to the narrative; EVERYTHING reflects the highest of care and quality. Don't listen to Geoff, THIS is the Game of the Year for 2020. Buy it.
    This is the rogue-like for people who don't like rogue-likes.

It's ALSO the rogue-like for people who DO like rogue-likes.

Every aspect of this game shows thought, polish, and skill. From the character designs, to the music, to the gameplay, to the narrative; EVERYTHING reflects the highest of care and quality. Don't listen to Geoff, THIS is the Game of the Year for 2020. Buy it. You will not be disappointed.
  38. Sep 18, 2020
    Hermoso juego. Me fascina tenga un modo para disfrutar la historia cosa que lo hace más accesible para quienes no tenemos tanto tiempo para intentar e intentar.
    El arte es hermoso y la jugabilidad sublime, mejor y más amigable que dead cells a mi parecer.
  39. Sep 18, 2020
    This game is truly a masterpiece. Supergiant have outdone themselves and you can see the full evolution of all of their work culminate in this game.

It was such a fun and delightful experience, I don't want to spoil anything about it. It's a rogue-like. The combat is fast and smooth, the choices are fun, varied and interesting. It has depth and plenty of challenge on the high end --

It has depth and plenty of challenge on the high end -- but you can also play leisurely through the story.

As always from Supergiant, all the creative elements are exquisite. Amazing writing, cool world, interesting story, beautiful art and the best damn original music in all of video games.

Don't miss out!
  40. Sep 23, 2020
    Greatest Rougelike ever made.

Fantastic combat, beautiful art, engaging story, satisfying upgrade systems, great enemy variety, deep lore, and addictive gameplay that never gets old.

Buy this game!
  41. Sep 23, 2020
    Perfect mesh of mechanics, lore, music, and VO all supporting one of the best gameplay loops. Many progression options smooth out game play allowing the player to almost always have an option to advance their ability to progress further in the game.
  42. Sep 19, 2020
    One of the best games on the switch for me, maybe of all time.

Hope the devs continue the great support.
  43. Sep 18, 2020
    This game is a gem SuperGiant delivered easily one of the best roguelike available. Fully voice-acted super addictive and challenging in a fair way that makes you want to get better.
  44. Sep 18, 2020
    Assuming we reserve a perfect 10 for absolute masterpieces, this one gets a 9. Really great Roguelite hack and slash. Smooth, fast-paced combat with lots of variety depending on what buffs you get. Standard rogue progression but it's well-implemented and multifaceted. What puts this one over the top is the superb voice acting, storytelling, and world-building. All of the little dialogs areAssuming we reserve a perfect 10 for absolute masterpieces, this one gets a 9. Really great Roguelite hack and slash. Smooth, fast-paced combat with lots of variety depending on what buffs you get. Standard rogue progression but it's well-implemented and multifaceted. What puts this one over the top is the superb voice acting, storytelling, and world-building. All of the little dialogs are great, and they seem endless.

If you like this type of game then this is a must-play. It does every part of it exceptionally well.
  45. Sep 19, 2020
    Long time metacritic reader created an account just for this game. This game is Amazing hits all the right spots and feels really polished allaround.
  46. Sep 21, 2020
    I hate rogue like/lite games, but this one... Wow. Addictive from the very beginning, death is just a part of the game, a very important part. This is what a game must be: funny, challenging, with a little price compared to bad porting and other Indies games that are not near at this game's level.
    Very, very well done
  47. Sep 28, 2020
    Addictive game play, great style, and somehow a very rich and smooth story. Greatest Roguelike I have ever played. Period.
  48. Sep 22, 2020
    Rogue-likes are my favorite genre and Hades is the best roguelke I've ever played. The story is great, the characters are amazing and the interactions are mind blowing. I've had 30 runs so far and still I havent had one repeated dialogue.
    The weapon diversity is incredible and they can be really well personalized.
    I don't have any complaints with this game. I wish they release DLC's in
    The weapon diversity is incredible and they can be really well personalized.
    I don't have any complaints with this game.
    I wish they release DLC's in the future and online coop as well.
  49. Dec 31, 2020
    Hades
    Believe the hype
    Hades
    Believe the hype
    Hades is a rogue like dungeon crawler where you play as Zagreus, the son of hades, youre trying to escape and meet the rest of your family.. as the son of hades this of course means that youre part of a family of gods, and your uncles and aunts will help aid you in your escape, you start with a sword, but as you progress through the game you will gather keys that you can use to unlockmore weapons… but at first, you take this sword, get as far as you can and then inevitably you die, but that’s okay because everything you collected during your playthrough stays with you, items you can use to upgrade yourself, giving you more chances to die, as well as build new chambers to help give you break after each death… each time you set out you feel stronger, especially if you play on this games god mode which slowly gives you damage resistance each time you die, though either way you play, hades will challenge you, slaying enemies, finding your favorite weapon, taking on tis bosses over and over again, trying a new build each time ensuring no 2 playthroughs feels the same… after clearing a room youre usually given a choice.. go to this room for health, this room for coins, this room for a shop, this room for a new ability from one of the gods to help you escape hades, theres is so much strategy here in hades that just doesn’t come down to your characters current build… I do which however that after you beat a boss enough times, their room stops appearing, but you have to beat every single boss in this game all the way through to beat hades, this is doable as again you feel stronger each time, you are gaining new weapons and leveling them up with your progress, but hades does start to feel a bit stale and tiresome after a while, and I feel this does have to do with grinding through the same bosses over and over, hoping you don’t slip up, seeing the same locations and same enemies, just trying to save up for the next big upgrade… but before hades bores you it will fill you intrigue and enjoy,, with that just one more time feeling..
    This is easily one of the best games of the year.
    I give Hades
    a 9/10
  50. Oct 9, 2020
    Hades is a really fun game with a great combat loop, visuals and sound - the whole pizzazz. My one gripe with it is that there's just not enough variety in the content to justify grinding your way through the 10 successful runs required to get the actual ending. The first few runs are quite interesting until you've found your favourite weapons and abilities that allow you to wreck theHades is a really fun game with a great combat loop, visuals and sound - the whole pizzazz. My one gripe with it is that there's just not enough variety in the content to justify grinding your way through the 10 successful runs required to get the actual ending. The first few runs are quite interesting until you've found your favourite weapons and abilities that allow you to wreck the bosses, but a lot of subsequent enhancements and additional challenges unlock so slowly that you'll never even get to them before finishing the grind.

It would have been better to reduce the unlock requirements for pretty much everything to create a better sense of progression.
  51. Sep 28, 2020
    I did not expect this game to be a 10/10, but it really is. Unlike other rouge-likes failure is actually fun in this game, not frustrating. You always have something on the go; whether it be a relationship with other characters (who are all awesome, ancient Greek gods or heroes), or new weapons, upgrades to the world, or to your own abilities. Every time you die you get to make progress inI did not expect this game to be a 10/10, but it really is. Unlike other rouge-likes failure is actually fun in this game, not frustrating. You always have something on the go; whether it be a relationship with other characters (who are all awesome, ancient Greek gods or heroes), or new weapons, upgrades to the world, or to your own abilities. Every time you die you get to make progress in one of these things, so there really is no such thing as a loss of progress in this game. You're always progressing. As a result, it's not frustrating. It's just fun all the time.

Interestingly, I find Hades similar to Civilization, of all games. It has that same "one more turn" feel to it. You could easily burn away all the hours of the night just having "one more" go, and have a blast doing it.

As other have said, the visuals, story, sound design, and gameplay are all masterful. But I want to emphasize the value here. There're 6 basic weapons and each has 4 variants, so there's 24 different combat styles. And that's without even mentioning all the perks you get from the Olympian gods as they aid your escape from the underworld, or the "keepsakes" - items gifted to you by other characters which you carry with you to provide various benefits. With those included, there must be millions of different combinations of abilities, and millions of styles of play. I mean, the depth and value here is off the charts.

This is one of those games like the Witcher 3 where I actually feel kind of guilty for buying it on sale, because I know it deserves the full price. If you're not sure or you're waiting for a sale I say just buy it now. You won't regret it.
  52. Oct 8, 2020
    Ever since playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth back in 2016 I've been a huge fan of the roguelike genre and Hades is just another reminder of why I love these games so much.

First off, Hades is exceptionally well written for a roguelike game. Generally, they lack in the story department and the gameplay makes up for it, but Hades manages to deliver both a beautiful story and amazing characters as well an almost flawless fast-paced combat. All the characters' dialogues and small interactions are priceless.

This game is not only for those who love addictive and punishing roguelike games but is also a must-play for everyone who loves ancient Greece and its mythology since the story is so well-written and interesting. Also, for those who aren't skilled enough in the roguelike genre, the game includes a less punishing mode for those interested in the narrative. So it's accessible for the majority of gamers.

To conclude. Hades is probably the second-best roguelike game I've ever played since Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Go play it and replay it, you won't regret it.
  53. Sep 21, 2020
    Truly incredible. Amazing combat, great writing and voice acting, beautiful art-style, addictive gameplay loop, enticing story, and does so much that isn't at all necessary but shows that Supergiant truly went all in. One of my favorite switch games yet, a definite must play.
  54. Sep 19, 2020
    Oyun sizi devamlı oynamaya ve meraka sürüklüyor. Kombat sistemi güzel. Farklı silahlar mevcut. Çizim ve modelleme göze çok hoş geliyor. Oynamanızı öneririm.
  55. Sep 19, 2020
    Es increíble como toda la estética esta muy bien lograda , el desarrollo de la historia y los personajes tiene un ritmo y estilo excelente. Visualmente todo es bien pulido , una joya para todos los que tengan switch , el precio lo vale completamente, lo recomiendo 10 de 10.
  56. Sep 22, 2020
    es un juego visualmente HERMOSO con una jugabilidad adictiva y " sencilla " sin demasiada combinaciones complejas, no tiene tutorial por ende uno debe aprender todo mientras juega lo cual lo encuentro una buena forma de que los jugadores que realmente se meten en el titulo encuentren un desafió y a la vez un buen juego que afrontar. todos debería probarlo
  57. Sep 29, 2020
    Game is tedious. I was bored within minutes.

1. Don't like the art style 2. Don't like the music 3. All the rooms look like each other and make utterly no sense as rooms. They look like random pieces that have been assembled into a "room"....because that's what they are. Procedural content generation. 4. No inventory. No armour or weapons. Some of the greatest fun of a
    Game is tedious. I was bored within minutes.

1. Don't like the art style

2. Don't like the music

4. No inventory. No armour or weapons. Some of the greatest fun of a rogue-like is building an ever better set of armour and weapons....well you won't be doing that here. Instead, you just get new abilities.

Even older games like Grim Dawn or Diablo 2 are more fun than this, and graphically better too. Do yourself a favour and avoid....
  58. Sep 24, 2020
    Impressive game, bastion was good, hades is better. Played some hours and had a blast
  59. Sep 20, 2020
    First time I've felt compelled to leave a review for a game....only a few hours in and I'm hooked!

Supergiant have made some amazing games in the past but this is next level. Combining all they've learnt along the way to make an incredible experience. To say this is on par with the mighty Dead Cells is praise indeed but even early on I can tell it is a game I'm going to lose tens if not hundreds of hours in.

You can read the critic reviews for more detail on the game but all I will say is this game plays and handles perfectly and you owe yourself to try it.

9.5/10 (no such thing as a perfect game)
  60. Sep 27, 2020
    Masterpiece in every possible way.
    Very rewarding game with incredible (as usual) voice acting,very responsible controls, very well animated, astonishing gameplay.
    Couldn't recommend it more.
    Don't play if you dont like grinding games.
  61. Nov 19, 2020
    글쎄요.. 이 게임이 그렇게 재밌다고 느껴지진 않습니다.
    초반에는 나쁘진 않았지만 시간이 갈수록 지루해집니다.
    스토리 전개도 좋은 편이 아니고 무엇보다 스토리가 너무 뻔합니다.
  62. Sep 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't be drawn in by the saccharine reviews if you're going to buy the Switch version.

I bought this version after last week's Nintendo Direct. I bought it on the eShop, which means I cannot get a refund.

It's a definite shame, because I had wanted to play the game. The atmosphere is great and the main gameplay loop is satisfying. The character interactions are engaging, and I truly wanted to see Zagreus succeed, even if his failures were due to my butterfingers.

However, I simply cannot play the game.

Why?

Because there's a bug that prevents me from loading my save, possibly because I didn't buy one of each perk in the Mirror of Night. I chose different perks that I thought would benefit me the most during my playthrough. I can only assume that this is the reason my digital copy of the game is not working.

Yes, reader, I'm telling you that if you choose to spend the darkness (currency rewarded from dungeon runs) on perks you want, rather than every perk, then the game will refuse to load your save. Currently, the developer's recommendation is to start a new save.

At this point, I'm not particularly inclined to restart the game after putting several hours into it. I have other games in my backlog that are guaranteed to work. Unlike the titular god of the dead, I don't have all the time in the world.

The consistent crashing is something that should have been tested during development. At the time of writing, this has not been patched. I have attempted to replay this game at least once a day over the course of the week, to no avail.

I attempted to play the game again before submitting this review and it crashed while attempting to load my save.
  63. Jun 20, 2021
    This game may quite literally be the biggest waste of time, ever. Sure, all video games in a sense are a waste of time, but this game has no reward, no feeling of satisfaction, and no reason to keep playing (other than the dialogue which is the only well done thing in this game). The biggest problem with this game is its fundamental design of repeating levels, dying, becoming slightlyThis game may quite literally be the biggest waste of time, ever. Sure, all video games in a sense are a waste of time, but this game has no reward, no feeling of satisfaction, and no reason to keep playing (other than the dialogue which is the only well done thing in this game). The biggest problem with this game is its fundamental design of repeating levels, dying, becoming slightly stronger than last time, and hoping the RNG system will give you the abilities needed to beat the game, because you cannot beat this game with any build or any weapon, it really is so narrowed down to a singular play style that attempting to learn new weapons/fighting styles and honing your mechanics is like a said, a gigantic waste of time. The game gives you barely any chances to heal, yet the gameplay and enemies damaging abilities are so unforgiving that you absolutely NEED a reliable healing mechanic in this game. It’s ironic, because it gets harder and harder the farther you reach, yet you find yourself losing more and more precious health that you need in order to keep going further. It’s just one gigantic frustrating loop that at its core, is more tedious and time consuming than trying to learn how to knit with one hand. The one and only redeeming quality about this game is the dialogue, which was actually hilarious and really well done. Do yourself a favor and skip this game. There are plenty of other fantastic games out there worth your precious time. Not this insult.

Also, I’m glad it was only $25 so I didn’t feel like I was completely ripped off.
  64. Nov 14, 2020
    If you like rogue like games, including all the grind that is normally associated with the genre, then I highly recommend this game as it is one of the best the genre has to offer. The story is great, with lots of humor and clever interactions that make each run feel more personalized than the last. With the various weapons at your disposal, settings that can make the game more difficult,If you like rogue like games, including all the grind that is normally associated with the genre, then I highly recommend this game as it is one of the best the genre has to offer. The story is great, with lots of humor and clever interactions that make each run feel more personalized than the last. With the various weapons at your disposal, settings that can make the game more difficult, and various abilities you can wield this game has an exceptional replay value. The game also has a great cast of voice actors/actresses, and the music adds much more depth to the already rich atmosphere. Expand
  65. Nov 19, 2020
    It's a pretty boring game.

The story isn't fun either.

Action is also not good.

It's a game of sleep.
  66. Dec 30, 2020
    Good elements to the game but the inescapable grind of it makes it awful. I turned on god mode to make it easier after dying a bunch of times without escaping. Got my damage resistance up to 40%by dying quickly in a row to boost that a bit and got to the bone worm and the fight was different, there was more guys and the extra worms did new stuff. I turned that mode on to make it easier andGood elements to the game but the inescapable grind of it makes it awful. I turned on god mode to make it easier after dying a bunch of times without escaping. Got my damage resistance up to 40%by dying quickly in a row to boost that a bit and got to the bone worm and the fight was different, there was more guys and the extra worms did new stuff. I turned that mode on to make it easier and the game designers refused that. I don't want to grind out forever on your game. I'm fine with needing to die to repeat conversations with people to move the story along in an organic way, that's cool. But what is the point of an easy mode if you negate it by making it harder as the damage resistance increases? I've tried Bastion, Transistor, and Hades and I don't recommend any of them. They all have good elements but fatal flaws that ruin the fun. Go play Don't Starve, Stardew Valley instead, and Mark of the Ninja instead, those are truly good games. Expand
  67. Nov 7, 2020
    No way is this game a 9.0 LMFAO! This is a rise and repeat game and that alone takes off 5 points. I can't stand games that make you repeat the same $#@! over and over, lame. This game just isn't that fun.
  68. Nov 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I mean, it's fun for a while. But after the 2nd or 3rd playthrough, it gets stale fast. Also, it's annoying how you can't gift your interest whenever they're talking to someone else beforehand. This results in an excessive amount of playthroughs just to continue your relationship imo. They should have allowed you to gift whenever and cut down the # of playthroughs to 4 or 5 for the true ending. Expand
  69. Nov 19, 2020
    이 게임은 9.1점같은 높은 평점을 받을 게임이 아닙니다.
    제가 생각하기에 6.1점 정도가 적당합니다.
    솔직히 타격감은 귀혼, 메이플보다 안좋습니다.
  70. Sep 18, 2020
    Smooth as butter combat, bunch of weapons and upgrades to unlock. Interesting story.
  71. Sep 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game sucks. I dislike the isometric graphics, the sterile style, and, most important, the f#€ hero can't jump.
    He is glued to the ground.
    Always.
    After 10.000 hours of fun with dead cells this crappy game feels like a journey to the past.
    Do not buy this game. Do not even pirate it.
    Auf Deutsch: Ein doofes Spiel.
  72. Oct 8, 2020
    Gorgeous and fun at the same time, this game is immensely entertaining. Even when chance awards you a bad set of rules, dying and trying again is fun. The combat mechanics and intertwined progression are as subtile as the writing.

On a personal note: I didn't enjoy Transistor and Pyre, this feels much better.
  73. Oct 4, 2020
    Incredibly fun and satisfying to play. Truly wonderful. Definite must-buy. The gameplay is exciting and varied, and the vibe of the game is smart and engaging.
  74. Oct 31, 2020
    Amazing game. Worth every minute played. A must have for Switch owners and fans of Supergiant Games
  75. Jan 12, 2021
    I never liked roguelikes, and I probably still don't, but I sure like Hades.
  76. Nov 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hades is not a GOTY contender; it doesn't even break the year's top 10 games.

Ok, still here? Good, enjoy the review, not clouded the majority hivemind.

I like to start my reviews with the things I enjoyed. Generally, that IS the most highlight but then base everything on—superficial things took way beyond what really matters while ignoring all the glaring problems underneath.

Positives:

Music- Really well crafted. Orchestrated tunes, as well as the pieces with lyrics, are all great. I found myself sitting around Eurydice sing plenty of times. Some of the pieces set up a boss fight, awesome, and gets your blood pumping (The first few times). It wears off after you hear the same thing 10 times.

Voice acting: Good, Eurdiyce in particular, as well as Thanatos and Achillies.Quirky dialogue is really great in many exchanges; Thesus and Zag got a laugh out of me a couple of times. Zag's responses with Tisiphone got me to laugh as well.

Side Stories: Fun, though, while I enjoyed unlocking parts, not a single one convinced me to finish them after getting the true ending.

Combat: It's a roguelike. It's quite fun for the first hour or two.

___________________________________________

Negatives:
    Combat: It's a roguelike; it's quite fun for the first hour or two. Weapons are both fun and excruciatingly bad. This isometric, procedurally generated dungeon scroller and some weapons are crafted to not work on this plane. The sword is a 4-way weapon on a platform that is anything but. The bow might be the stupidest weapon in the game to work with by far as a base weapon. In a game that demands you zip around enemies like a madperson, having to charge your basic attack makes it unfun.

Main Story: The first time I cleared the game, and I learned where it was going, I went "OH! Intrigue" by the 10th time? There was no intrigue to any of the threads that the narrative eluded to. If there are and they are in the side missions, the game doesn't sell itself well to do the same thing over and over and over again to get the complete explanation(s). I completed the entire main story in 38 runs; if you can't settle the entire thing by then, you failed.

Voice Acting: Sure, it's well-acted, but the delivery by the actors wasn't great. I get someone like Zagreus is supposed to be a moody angst-ridden character. But places where he needed to emote, he didn't, and it happened a lot. Some of the Gods are either Hammy or way overplayed. Megaera was possibly one of the worst offenders here by her willowy delivery that grated on my nerves every time I had to talk to her.

Items/costs: Inflated costs that beg you to play this thing forever. It's not worth dumping hundreds of hours. Again, the combat is fun, but that lasts for like two hours, at most. After you hit a threshold with weapon upgrades and shadow, plus figuring out to beef up your HP as fast as you can in the run, you end up in this droll, boring slog of doing the same thing over and over because deviating from it doesn't freshen up the game; it's purposely choosing the least efficient path to break up the monotony. Force concentration, you're doing this in this game, or you're not playing it right.

Then there is the expansion of both the House of Hades and the material costs to build relationships. The tiny amount of gems and diamonds to unlock much of the house put way too much emphasis on the currency and not the thing you bought. Using the hard-earned currency made the thing you spent it on underwhelming. It's almost like the game mocking you for working hard for a cosmetic item that does nothing.

Earning Nectar feels the same way, but worse in some cases, but there are just so many characters you have to both give it to AND how many you have to give to each, and if you're lucky; you might 3 in a run, sometimes you'll get none. No thanks, I'm good; I don't want to keep doing the same thing and over again for a dribble of content.

Harder Difficulties: You can paint a turd up; however, you want; it's still a turd. Pickable hindrances to make things "More challenging" is lazy. If you really wanted to give players added challenges, you should have just had more games across the board.

Conclusion: Hades is a fun game that caps out at being fun around 10 hours, at most. Once you complete the main story, nothing else really has enough weight in my opinion to go on. If you enjoy the monotony of endlessly doing the same content again and again, the game provides it, but not for anyone else. Put down the controller and move onto something new.
  77. Nov 22, 2020
    хорошая игра, приятно затягиевает . приятный дизайн. приятная музыка, все как надо.
  78. Sep 29, 2020
    This game is a perfect addition to Switch. Love the art direction and gameplay.
  79. Sep 20, 2020
    The game deserves no less than a 90% score. What it sets out to do for the genre is impeccable and the gameplay is well above average and even the voice acting is amazing. If I were to have some criticism apart from a few glitches in the level design here in there I would say that the main problem is that if you want to complete it once by taking notice of its gameplay once and you don'tThe game deserves no less than a 90% score. What it sets out to do for the genre is impeccable and the gameplay is well above average and even the voice acting is amazing. If I were to have some criticism apart from a few glitches in the level design here in there I would say that the main problem is that if you want to complete it once by taking notice of its gameplay once and you don't want to spend WEEKS grinding for it to see the entire story it's lacking in that you will never see the whole story without extreme grinding. Expand
  80. Feb 1, 2021
    Completely solid in all aspects, levels of polish and balance that very few games manage to reach.
  81. Sep 25, 2020
    Lo he jugado al rededor de 6 horas y no me canso de jugarlo, me parece una mezcla con lo mejor de Diablo III, Castlevania SOTN y The binding of Issac, simplemente, me encantó
  82. Sep 22, 2020
    One of the 2020’s most engaging and satisfying games to play just for fun, to get lost in its many chambers with amazing gameplay and bursting personality in its storytelling and art direction. Once more: one of 2020’s finest.
  83. Sep 22, 2020
    Supergiant Games опять порадовали. Отличный рогалик в интересном сеттинге, понравились боевка и прокачка, музыка так же неплохая, диалоги достаточно забавные.
    Из минусов - малое разнообразие врагов и локаций, тру концовку получил после 10 успешного забега и к этому времени игра мне все таки поднадоела.
  84. Jan 10, 2021
    I wasn't really into bastion or transistor so initially I intended to ignore hades but wow... I had no idea this would become such a phenomenon.
    I'm generally not a rogue like fan. The only one i've finished is moonlighter. I enjoyed dead cells and enter the gungeon but lost interest over time.
    Hades is a ten for me for the art alone... my word... it's such a pleasure to walk around and take in the sights.
    I'm also very impressed with the voice work and soundtrack accompanying this too. Having all of the characters fully voiced is very impressive and rare in the world of indie games. It helps a lot in building up these characters.
    The combat is also super fun and the boons help a lot in keeping each run feel varied. I also love how progression was designed in this game. I'm not only gaining currency for temporary and permanent character upgrades but also keys for unlocking new weapons and gems for improving and expanding the starting area. Keeping a player motivated to continue can be tough in rogue likes but I think supergiant nailed it.
    All in all... i'm deeply impressed and I'm thinking I should check out pyre too. Congrats to supergiant on making one of the top games of 2020 :).
  85. Jan 2, 2021
    The best game I played 2020 , I have never really liked Randomly generated games But the strong story and combat i got I enjoyed So much that I had to play Until I get the final ending and then the secret ending and then all the characters heart and conversations and I could not get enough of it , And after have played this non-stop for two weeks I would say that my heart is filled withThe best game I played 2020 , I have never really liked Randomly generated games But the strong story and combat i got I enjoyed So much that I had to play Until I get the final ending and then the secret ending and then all the characters heart and conversations and I could not get enough of it , And after have played this non-stop for two weeks I would say that my heart is filled with warm emotions for the theme of family and togetherness in this game , Don't hesitate go out and buy it Expand
  86. Jan 7, 2021
    After 15 hours of game-play, over 50 deaths and a whole lot of fun time. I can conclude that this is a magnificent way to spend your time playing.

Here is a list of things i felt necessary to bring up when it comes to this game: - Music is fantastic, I loved whenever I entered a battle especially a boss that the music would pump me up so good I would be so hyped to play. - Game-play

- Game-play is fun and enjoyable. Your build up can be experimental but you can also reset it to rebuild your stats to work for you. There's also the Godmode for those of us who would more like to focus on the story.
    - Story, I truly enjoy the story. Zagreus journey is a blast to enjoy and the mystery is intriguing and kept me going back. The characters we meet is both colorful and enjoyable to interact with.

- You will die - a lot! And you will have to start over from start over and over again. For many this will be a con. The game-play is rougelike, with the premise that you will die many times as you progress further along. But you will get better as you continue playing and updating your stats.

- Godmode. This helped me alot. I will admit I haven't been a long time gamer, I have played a few games in my childhood but I mainly play to have an enjoyable time. If the game makes me to frustrated I will either try an easier mode but often Easy mode is never fun to me. It makes it to easy and I always try to play a game on Normal. Godmode helped me here because each time I died in the game I would feel a bit frustrated because I didn't feel like I got any further. Godmode gave me a bit of leeway. Each time I died I would gain 2 % resistance. It will continue to give you this bonus until you cap it of at 80% resistanse damage. This honestly helped me alot. It gave me some breathing space as I progressed through the game, but it did NOT make the rest of the playthrough easier. It allowed me to play on my terms and I could at anytime turn of the god mode. This also allowed me to learn the game mechanics in my own time.

Who I would recommend this to?
    To you who likes Rougelike games, or would like to try a rougelike game. For us who enjoy a good story to your games and a gameplay which will both frustrate you but also fulfill you.
    If you however find the idea of dying over and over again and starting over at square one everytime. Then I would not recommend this game to you.
  87. Jan 5, 2021
    WOW!

Ilm playing Hades for a more than a month... almost 170 runs... The more I play, the more I'm impressed... the game still renewed itself every 6-8 runs... the dialogues seems to be infinite... There is only love of gaming in this one. Pure love ! This is no game, this is a piece of art. So beautiful, so deep, so everything... I cant understand why this came is sold at this price...
    WOW!

Ilm playing Hades for a more than a month... almost 170 runs...

I cant understand why this came is sold at this price... îll pay twice what it costed to me for this quality of gaming!

Wow again!
  88. Jan 15, 2021
    Pros:
    + well balanced
    + weapon variety
    + outstanding progression
    + attention to detail
    + amazing artstyle
    + responsive controls
    + rich lore
    + side content

Cons:
    - screen can get cluttered
  89. Sep 21, 2020
    I don’t play rogue like games usually but this... this is a really great and addictive game with a beautiful soundtrack. i can’t stop playing, it’s just crazy. absolutely can recommend this!
  90. Jan 6, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hades is a perfect showcase of difficultly in video games done well, for all players who play it. I got my first clear 6 hours in, after getting a new weapon and enough darkness to get the three bloodstones. This gentle increase in power as you play the game, alongside knowledge and mechanical skill allows players to break through the end at the point where it feels best. Never dragging it out when it is too easy, and rarely allowing a brick wall when it is too hard. It may take longer to finish for less skilled players, but they are given the opportunity to overcome, to feel balanced challenge, a stark contrast to some other games that follow in the footsteps of Dark Souls. And when you do beat it for the first time, the beautiful scenery and soundtrack that follows makes you feel all the powerful emotions that Zagreus does, making you want to do it again immediately. Expand
  91. Jan 7, 2021
    I have kept playing The Binding of Isaac on the Switch for over 900 hours. Now a worthy replacement. This game's voice acting is so good and soothing that I can never get mad at failing one run.
  92. Jan 11, 2021
    This is an amazing never-ending game.
    Fantastic smooth game play, sets, "cinematic" chats are pretty short and beautiful.
    This is an amazing never-ending game.
    There are so many things to discover, things to tweak and improve (trying to stay spoiler free) that even if you keep going through the "same" route all the time, with that array of weapons that you have, going through that ever changing maze is never twice the same experience.
    Which is probably why I keep going back to it...
  93. Mar 4, 2021
    When Zagrues, the immortal Son of Hades, learns the identity of his real birth mother he attempts to escape from the underworld in order to find out the truth behind his lineage. Unfortunately, Hades has other ideas, and he soon realises he’ll have to fight his way past many angry lost souls along the way.

Hades is another entry into the crowded ‘rougelike’ genre, but it is arguably the best yet. The combat is excellent, with weapons and upgrades offering endless combinations of play styles to be experimented with, and a variety of enemy types each requiring different tactics. Although death will require players to start again, certain items are retained to allow players to upgrade their weapons and abilities to help with the next attempt, and this goes a long way towards reducing the frustration that games in the genre can generate.

Add to this an interesting narrative, told by through a humorous and well voiced script, and you have the best game of 2020.
  94. Mar 13, 2021
    fun game with many hours of game play. I like how story develops and how the story keeps you playing the game over and over again. The game is short and once it is completed you will need to start it from the beginning to uncover full story of Zagreus. Combat is challenging and you will die a lot ! Weapons , special powers are all cool. Enemies and bosses are tough but there is always "godfun game with many hours of game play. I like how story develops and how the story keeps you playing the game over and over again. The game is short and once it is completed you will need to start it from the beginning to uncover full story of Zagreus. Combat is challenging and you will die a lot ! Weapons , special powers are all cool. Enemies and bosses are tough but there is always "god mode" for less skilled players. overall polished title. if you like dark souls type of game. Games that will challenge your reflexes then this game is for you. Expand
  95. Jan 22, 2021
    This is the best Rogue-Like game I have ever played. It is incredibly fun to play and to re-play multiple times. I can't believe how cheap it is for all the quality, content and fun it delivers. On top of the insane gameplay, you also get top level storytelling and best-in-class character development, not mentioning the endless dialog and voice acting efforts that were invested into it.This is the best Rogue-Like game I have ever played. It is incredibly fun to play and to re-play multiple times. I can't believe how cheap it is for all the quality, content and fun it delivers. On top of the insane gameplay, you also get top level storytelling and best-in-class character development, not mentioning the endless dialog and voice acting efforts that were invested into it. For sure this was my favorite game of 2020 and I hope to keep playing it for a while in 2021. Expand
  96. Oct 25, 2021
    Hades is truly a great game in every sense of the word the gameplay, story, characters all feel so well done and it feels very unique there is some slowdown on the Nintendo Switch version whenever it gets a little hectic and there's a lot of stuff happening on the screen which ranges to be a little annoying to very frustrating due to the framerate getting you killed. However dying in thisHades is truly a great game in every sense of the word the gameplay, story, characters all feel so well done and it feels very unique there is some slowdown on the Nintendo Switch version whenever it gets a little hectic and there's a lot of stuff happening on the screen which ranges to be a little annoying to very frustrating due to the framerate getting you killed. However dying in this game doesn't feel as punishing since you are learning more and about the story. characters and being able to update your skills. Another awesome feature of this game is the cross saves between PC and Switch and it works excellently. If Switch is the only platform you have and you want to play a solid action game with interesting characters and great story I would 100% recommend this game.
    If you do have other platforms mainly PC(doesn't take much to run this game) I would recommend that version in a heartbeat.
  97. Dec 19, 2020
    Fun for a few hours. The more you get into the game, the more grindey it feels. It is quite deflating to finally unlock special upgrades only to find that those upgrades are worthless. Seriously how many hours does this game expect me to play with no plot to speak of, fighting the goddamn same enemies over and over, and same random upgrades? Like why is it so much work to get a diamond? IFun for a few hours. The more you get into the game, the more grindey it feels. It is quite deflating to finally unlock special upgrades only to find that those upgrades are worthless. Seriously how many hours does this game expect me to play with no plot to speak of, fighting the goddamn same enemies over and over, and same random upgrades? Like why is it so much work to get a diamond? I thought this wasn’t a true rogue like, but I can’t even make progress because I stop getting rewarded.

Combat is also very very straight forward, and a lot of times there’s so many effects on the screen I can’t even tell if I’m about to get hit. What’s up wit h that?

I would buy if it’s on sale but don’t be surprised when it is not GotY quality.
  98. Dec 3, 2020
    I was fortunate enough to stumble on this game very early in its life. When it had less than 1000 steam reviews. Thus, i have had the distinct pleasure of seeing this game grow into the phenomenal piece of art it is today.

it deserves every bit of praise it gets. There is truly no game like it.
  99. Dec 23, 2020
    As far as I’m concerned this game is the GOTY. I got it on the Switch first and even after finishing EVERYTHING I was still craving more, so I had to buy it AGAIN on steam to get the achievements.
    - The story is amazing
    - The gameplay is snappy and fun - The weapons and boons create a lot of variety - Everything oozes charm - The presentation (music, environments, characters and ui)
    - The story is amazing
    - The gameplay is snappy and fun
    - The weapons and boons create a lot of variety
    - Everything oozes charm
    - The presentation (music, environments, characters and ui) is beautiful.

Supergiant Games keeps blowing me away with every new game they make, they deserve all the praise. (Tho, I’m hoping they they break the unspoken rule about no-DLC… please, I need more HADES!)
  100. Nov 30, 2020
    Fast-paced brawler combat that is dynamic. The world can get slightly repetitive and thus feels a little small, but the top-tier writing, voices, beautiful world, and dynamic dialogue help with this.

The difficulty curve is close to perfect. The soundtrack was okay, not mind-blowing (plenty of electric guitar during combat). A good selection of weapons to choose from that all feel different.

The reasons to play this game are to experience the great characters / writing, and to experience the dynamic "boon" system where you shape your combat strategy by choosing among three boons after each sub-stage. Boon synergy and the impact of your choices is at the core of this game.

This game's flaw is that it spaces the weapon / character upgrades out too thin. After finally "beating" the game for the first time, I felt like I only uncovered 70% of the content, and acquired only 50% of it all. The game is long enough and doesn't need to withhold upgrades to artificially add "end-game content."

Universal acclaim - based on 48 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Dec 21, 2020
    Supergiant knock it out the park once again with a practically flawless game. Love roguelites? Buy Hades. Don’t love roguelites? Buy Hades. You soon will. [Issue #2, p.58]
  2. Dec 21, 2020
    Hades is a complete package. The writing will make you laugh, the gameplay will make you smile, the bosses will frustrate you, and the art will make you stare in awe. All of which combined makes Hades a must-play, and once you start, you won’t want to stop.
  3. Dec 14, 2020
    Despite how long I’ve been ranting here, there’s plenty more I could say about Hades. But honestly, I feel it’s best you discover for yourself why I’m so enamored of Supergiant’s latest adventure. Though the game isn’t quite perfect, it truly earned the accolades it’s been receiving. And honestly, if they decide to implement some additional content later on, most of my complaints would be rendered moot. This is honestly my favorite game yet by Supergiant Games, and easily one of my favorite indies of 2020. If you love rogue and need something new to enjoy, be sure to put this one on your wishlist.