7.4

1. May 14, 2020
    The Switch port is awful. Unstable 30fps in a game that has graphics from 1996, which heavily impacts the fast-paced, hardcore gameplay. The aiming controls are completely messed up and need to be fixed in a patch. Big disappointment after having played the excellent PC early access build.
  2. Jun 4, 2020
    Extremely disappointed.
    No inverted controls? Really?
    It's probably fine for those who use non-inverted, but for me. It's unplayable. I bought this on the switch, and can't get a refund because Nintendo's refund policy is nonexistent. The devs said it was something they overlooked because the invert controls option was in the dev kit but not in the final game. I hope someone in their QA
    Extremely disappointed.
    No inverted controls? Really?

The devs said it was something they overlooked because the invert controls option was in the dev kit but not in the final game. I hope someone in their QA team got fired.

I've been waiting for nearly a month for the 1.05 patch on Switch. But I've completely given up on this game and 3D Realms in general. Their last good game was Duke Nukem 3D over 20 years ago.
  3. Nov 6, 2020
    on YouTube and reviews of this game it appears for your all high-octane action packed bullet hell fun. But in reality is not that at all 90% of the time is wandering around trying to figure out where to go being forced to look for secrets. When the action does kickoff it feels cumbersome and awkward on console due to lack of effort to adapt from the mouse controls.
  4. Mar 24, 2021
    Gyro controls were jittery when i first played this, now it only works for the vertical axis. I'm sure this is fine on PC but fps games on switch just dont function well.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 10, 2020
    After the relative failure that was Duke Nukem Forever, it is great to see a game which rekindles that old classic Duke feel with a new (if not overly similar) IP. It has a number of stumbles, but if you want to take a 25-year blast-to-the-past, Ion Fury doesn’t surpass the FPS games of the age, but it does stand well against them, making it a good choice both for veterans of the age and for those new to the classic shooter style.
  2. Jun 8, 2020
    Ion Fury blows the Build Engine's dust off, and manages to offer something that seems to hit all the right - nostalgic - notes, but it sort of misses the most crucial ones. Gunfights feel awesome, but the level design is anything but, leading to the many quitter moments being dull as hell. Plus, Voidpoint's creation lacks character, and plays its "comedic" card a bit too safe for something that's meant to be a return to the days of Duke Nukem's political incorrectness. As for the Switch port, while currently the only way to enjoy this on the go, this is definitely something that plays a lot better on the PC.
  3. Jun 1, 2020
    Ion Fury is a must play experience for anybody who wants a challenge and misses the aesthetic of a ’90s first person shooter.