8.4

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 30, 2022
    this game is so short. the lack of content is huge here. i really wish it has more challenges
  2. Jan 15, 2022
    I love megaman and grew up with it, but not even I am desperate enough to get into this.
    this exists solely as a half-assed response to mighty no. 9, and both are pretty close in crappiness.
    don't let the visuals fool you, this is another "8-bits" megaman, but in 3d. like 9 and 10, it uses high difficulty to make you think it's better than it really is. not only that but the level design

don't let the visuals fool you, this is another "8-bits" megaman, but in 3d.
    like 9 and 10, it uses high difficulty to make you think it's better than it really is. not only that but the level design is bad and betrays basic level design philosophy from the megaman series.

it's hard to put this into words, but since that boom of nes nostalgia in the late 2000s capcom stopped letting megaman evolve, they trashed all the evolution the series and the character had and now he is this untoucheable 8-bits icon who has to stay perpetually in bland 8-bits because brand.
    there was this cult that games were good because they were hard and somehow capcom caught up on it and assimilated it never to let go.
    Even their store in japan has a statue of 8bits megaman and that's really sad because the character is so much more than that.
    well... it used to be.
    people don't love megaman because they want a dark souls experience, it's the characters, the settings, the plot they want ( paired with a fun gameplay of course ).

the megaman fanbase will eat any garbage capcom puts out in hopes that this will encourage capcom to work on the series, to make new games, to let out megaman legends 3 or a mml collection.
    mediocre collections with countless issues and cut content? straight up crappy new entries? nothing but nice things to say about it.
    people living in denial, buying multiple copies of garbage and praising it as high art because they're so terrified of capcom abandoning megaman forever.
    megaman isn't going to get any better if you sheepishly keep following those sellout community leaders and giving money to trash.
    if megaman has to die, just let it, so it can be reborn as something as beautiful as megaman powered up or maverick hunter x someday.

I don't mean to be self-entitled or bitter about it, but man, I'm tired.
    the future looked so bright with megaman 8, it's gorgeous graphics and animation and it's story which wasn't great but was setting up amazing things for the future, megaman power fighters hyping the future even futher by showing dr wily developing zero. and then... nothing. 10 years later, 8 bits garbage.

even with all that, to me the most baffling thing about this game is....
    why is it a secret that eighting developed it and capcom just published it?
    anyone that played any eighting game ever can tell it.

PS:
    the bosses in this game are a joke, there's yet another astro man clone because capcom is too afraid to design a character that doesn't look like it was traced from a previous game. please, come up with new designs, make a boss with eyes like kirby or something, but stop selling astro man as a new boss.
  3. Jun 20, 2022
    Long-ass levels with cheap deaths and a useless weapon picker that freezes you in place when you least want it to.
  4. Feb 26, 2022
    Very good but very short Mega Man game. You can replay and try to push the hardest difficulties for fun, but even when just played on the easiest difficulty, the levels are very distinct from each other and are pretty well designed overall.
  5. Feb 26, 2022
    This is my first review ever on Metacritic. I use metacritic a lot before buying games. I am a 47 year young gamer who started gaming at the age of 4 on a Philips Videopac G7000. :-)

I really like to play platformer games. My first handheld game was Donkey Kong II (game&watch multi screen). I bought Mega Man 11 because of the score here. And then after playing the game for the first time, I was like, ok, let's check the bad scores too for a change (and lets do that in the future). It is a funny game, allthough the graphics&music aren't really special. What makes the game really bad? The mechanics. It's not that I can't solve the puzzles, but the game just doesn't do what I want. The jumping is so lame, that when it matter it doesn't jump at all. And I don't see this as an extra difficulty thing, I just see it as a crap game. After playing it 2 times, I almost crashed my Switch, because it just made me mad. And I definitely like difficult platform games like Katana Zero, or Cuphead or Celeste etc. but they all run smooth and have a smooth gameplay. Big time failure for this game. Please keep your money and spend it on better developed games.
  6. Sep 13, 2021
    The best classic Mega Man to date! I was okay with the 8-bit throwbacks of 9 and 10, but 11 puts its foot down and pushes forward as if it picks up from the growth of Mega Man 8 after all this time. Highly recommended!
  7. Aug 1, 2021
    Mega Man 11 is what you would expect from another mainline Mega Man game. The game is nothing realy special but added some features that just felt like they were there just to be there, nothing special. As a game its good, as a Mega Man game, its nothing realy special. I enjoy it but its nothing super great.
  8. Nov 16, 2020
    This game keeped me playing (enjoying) for hours. Mega man 11 has the exactly difficult level that games alike would been. Nice graphics, great stages, songs and envirorment defines it....this game fits well in switch handheld mode too
  9. Oct 31, 2020
    It's the best megaman for me. I started it from Rockman (japan Megaman) on NES. It was very cool game with no chance to win - me and my friends just suffer with it but always tried to beat.

Megaman 11 was gifted to me in Nintendo Switch. It waited about half year before i checked it - it's just megaman, ha? I don't want to play it, i have Mario Odyssey, Zelda, i don't want to check this cheap game.

But i tried it on normal difficulty. It was so hard, i didn't complete first level. Just peace of rockman. But... I tried it on easy mode and completed. After some time i felt the need. I started the game again and completed it on Normal mode. It was good. After some time i felt the need. And finally i started the game again and completed it on Hard mode. It was awesome.

This game is just a masterpiece for me. I love it. Nice modern graphics, great challenging gameplay, arcade style, traditional gameplay.

Still waiting for Megaman 12, i'll pre-Torder it.
  10. Oct 28, 2020
    Luego de una larga espera me alegra ver un Mega Man más actual, con nuevas mecánicas y más importante, manteniendo la esencia clásica. El uso del gear me parece una idea innovadora que le otorga frescura a la saga y nos abre paso a nuevas estrategias al momento de incursionar en los diferentes niveles. El apartado gráfico me resulta bastante agradable, el diseño de jefes y niveles muyLuego de una larga espera me alegra ver un Mega Man más actual, con nuevas mecánicas y más importante, manteniendo la esencia clásica. El uso del gear me parece una idea innovadora que le otorga frescura a la saga y nos abre paso a nuevas estrategias al momento de incursionar en los diferentes niveles. El apartado gráfico me resulta bastante agradable, el diseño de jefes y niveles muy bueno, acompañado de una banda sonora que a mi parecer no es tan emblemática como en títulos anteriores, pero si está a la altura de un título como este. Sin duda un must play si eres un fan del bombardero azul. Expand
  11. Oct 12, 2020
    Pros:
    + double gear system
    + charming suits
    + balanced gameplay
    + good controls

Cons:
    - bland music
    - irritating voice acting
  12. Aug 29, 2020
    This was my first Mega man game and I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and especially the music would love to see mega mans future endeavors and possibly an X9
  13. Aug 10, 2020
    O grande retorno dessa excelente franquia, eu realmente não estava confiante que iria ser bom, mas curti demais, recomendo bastante, porém aviso que qualquer um irá se estressar em algum momento com esse jogo, é muito difícil. XD
  14. Jul 10, 2020
    This game is far too easy for a Mega Man game, so most fans of the original games aren't going to like this thing if they're there for the difficulty. (Though the originals were really only difficult via cheap level gimmicks, but I digress)

Soundtrack is forgettable, which is kinda pathetic for a Mega Man game. And just on the whole, this game is either a bore to a chore to play through, and just like Mega Man 1 through 4, I don't really like it.

Go play Mighty No. 9 instead.
  15. May 25, 2020
    Let me get this out of the way. I absolutely love Mega Man. I own the legacy collections and I've gotten dozen of hours from the blue bomber, so I had pretty high expectations for this game. Fortunately, this game is awesome and nowhere near a disappointment. The gameplay is some of the best in the series, and the art style is nice and vibrant. I love how Mega Man controls in this game. HeLet me get this out of the way. I absolutely love Mega Man. I own the legacy collections and I've gotten dozen of hours from the blue bomber, so I had pretty high expectations for this game. Fortunately, this game is awesome and nowhere near a disappointment. The gameplay is some of the best in the series, and the art style is nice and vibrant. I love how Mega Man controls in this game. He stops when you let go of the thumbstick. His jumps have a nice weight, and when you miss that one precise jump, it feels like your fault. One complaint I have with the game are some of the animations. Mega Man is incredibly stiff when he moves. It's sorta akward. One great thing about this game is the music. I don't really understand why so many people dislike it. Sure, not all of them are that great, but just listen to Flash Man's stage. It gets the brain and heart pumping. The robot masters in this game are pretty great to be fair. The stages are really fun. Tundra and Flash Man's stages are very, very fun. To counteract amazing stages, you get Bounce Man. Those bouncy balls are traumatizing. In conclusion, this is a solid Mega Man game and is certainly worth your time if you're a fan of the series or trying to get into it. Expand
  16. May 14, 2020
    Two single words. Hateful hard. Easiest level=hard level in final castle. Didn’t buy again if I knew this. Wasted money, time and health.
  17. Mar 9, 2020
    As my first Mega Man I gotta say, it did not blow me away but I did enjoy it!
  18. Mar 1, 2020
    Mega Man 11 is a great example of the old Mega Man games. It has eight robot bosses, followed up by Dr. Wily’s castle with two more bosses, a boss rush, and then a two form final boss in the form of Dr. Wily himself.

And yet, at the same time, it somehow felt lacking. But why? This is a fairly standard 2D game, with heavy platforming elements. You control the titular Mega Man, and go

And yet, at the same time, it somehow felt lacking. But why?

This is a fairly standard 2D game, with heavy platforming elements. You control the titular Mega Man, and go through the stages with your Mega Buster, the trusty weapon he’s had since Mega Man 5 that can fire charged shots. This game adds in the Double Gear system, which allows you to either slow down time or to make Mega Man’s shots more powerful – with the Mega Buster, he fires two shots in a row (which is only really useful with the charged shot, as with the ordinary buster it’s actually worse due to having a lower number of shots), but with the advanced weapons, it empowers them in various ways.

This is all well and good, and it is nice to see a bit of mechanical evolution on top of the usual jumping, sliding, and using Rush to either bounce to higher spots or using the Rush Jet to zoom over some obstacles (though it has very limited power in this game, making it harder to exploit).

The levels are longer than traditional Mega Man levels, but not overly so; they’re a bit harder than the old games’ levels (well, most of the old games’ levels), but on the other hand, you have more resources here to beat them with. The first stage I played – Block Man’s stage – was pretty rough, but once I got the hang of the game, the stages went increasingly smoothly.

This is in part because the game has an in-game shop, where you can use bolts (dropped by enemies) to buy various passive power-ups as well as things like E-tanks (that restore all your life), W-tanks (which restore your special weapon energy), and things which save you once from a bottomless pit or spikes. Sadly, as you get through the game, you get an ever-larger number of bolts, and by the end of it, I had maximized my amount of all of these items, which made the game rather trivial, as you could carry far too many of them (a far cry from Mega Man X, where you could only carry four such tanks, which worked a lot better in my opinion as the game was designed around you having exactly that many).

The stages were fine – nothing particularly remarkable or clever, but decent and varied enough. Some of them encouraged you rather strongly to use some of the special weapons, often the one that the boss was weak to, and the special weapons had a reasonable amount of variety and power – though sadly, the Tundra Tornado wiping the entire screen of enemies and dealing heavy damage to subbosses made it a bit overpowered compared to the rest, with the Acid Armor ability to shield you from projectiles feeling handy but more difficult to use.

Maybe the lack of any sort of sense of exploration hurt it a little – this game doesn’t have the little side secrets of games like Mega Man X, and being a Mega Man game, it also lacks things like wall jumping. You don’t ever use your powers to really access new areas or destroy barriers you couldn’t get through… but honestly, was this ever the main attraction of these games? I don’t think so.

And yet, at the end of the game, I was left feeling kind of let down. I’ve played Mega Man games before, and while this was a fresh coat of paint, with decent graphics and a bit of a mechanical update, the game just feels kind of… rote at this point. It is only about four and a half hours long, and while there’s nothing wrong with it – I had fun playing it – I also just didn’t feel like it was anything to write home about. It was yet another Mega Man game, and maybe that’s okay, but somehow, I was left craving more than what this game delivered.
  19. Jan 8, 2020
    I liked the game and it has mega man's formula but it sort of feels a bit outdated even though it is Mega Man. It's one of the few Mega Man games in a while and he can't shoot in multiple directions, they've done it in the past with other characters why not Mega Man.
  20. Nov 17, 2019
    This feels like an old school 80's Mega Man game. It's incredibly challenging but beatable. The level designs are fun and clever. The boss designs are unique and engaging. They give you tools to help get through the challenge. Excellent.
  21. Nov 11, 2019
    This is probably the most meh Mega Man game ever i mean it is ok but it is not the worst personally i am a pretty new Mega Man fan so im happy to the people that waited years for a Mega man game and finally had it but i think like 5, 10 or heck 20 years this game wont be as loved then the other Mega man games ill tell why. Firstly ill get the more stupid criticism out of the way first ofThis is probably the most meh Mega Man game ever i mean it is ok but it is not the worst personally i am a pretty new Mega Man fan so im happy to the people that waited years for a Mega man game and finally had it but i think like 5, 10 or heck 20 years this game wont be as loved then the other Mega man games ill tell why. Firstly ill get the more stupid criticism out of the way first of all why is there no rewind button i mean you had it in legacy collection and i think its pretty easy to code in a rewind button and for beginners that want to skip all the classics and play Mega Man 11 they wont have fun and i know there is a beginner mode but that is mode is not fun you basically get unlimited things and one more stupid one why did you not go for a 8 bit or 16 bit style i mean you did in 9 and 10 and those game were release at a time when pixel art was a choice like now and the mega man art style looks beautiful even in today's standards but in for example like 7 years it will look ugly and that is the same problem of sm64 graphics and finally the levels, you can get a mix bag you can get classics some that are meh and some that are not good and usually mega man levels are classics especially Mega Man 2-7 and the levels are the meat of the game so thats why im not playing it but the bosses are amazing all are classics so ya i have very mixed ratings of the game. Expand
  22. Oct 19, 2019
    A flawless experience for anyone who enjoy the Mega Man series. Wonderful graphics and design, sound is equally well crafted. The game play is very solid and fun, responsive and accurate. Well worth replaying and over all a very good experience
  23. Sep 24, 2019
    IT'S AMAZING,THIS IS GOTY 2018❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  24. Aug 29, 2019
    Mega Man 11 is a milestone for Capcom establishing Mega Man in the modern era of video games. Overall, the game looks really fresh. Graphics look better than ever and gameplay is your classic Mega Man gameplay combined with a new feature, the Gear System. Don't let the cute graphics distract you; the game follows the difficulty of its predecessors and is hard as hell, even in normal mode.Mega Man 11 is a milestone for Capcom establishing Mega Man in the modern era of video games. Overall, the game looks really fresh. Graphics look better than ever and gameplay is your classic Mega Man gameplay combined with a new feature, the Gear System. Don't let the cute graphics distract you; the game follows the difficulty of its predecessors and is hard as hell, even in normal mode. However, the game gives you the option to choose your difficulty level. "Newcomer" mode makes the gameplay more forgiving and gives the feeling of a chilling platformer, while raising the difficulty takes challenge to a whole new level. I played the whole game on Newcomer mode (since I've hardly any experience with Mega Man games) and enjoyed it a lot! Another great platforming experience added to the Switch library. Recommended both for people who want challenging platformers and chilling/relaxing platformers. Expand
  25. Jul 7, 2019
    Mega Man 11 is a very unforgiving game. There are many 1 hit kill sections and other annoying stuff. The game is creative and the graphics are ok. At the price around 30$ US. I would say it’s reasonably priced.
  26. Jun 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mega Man 11 definitely brings back old-school Mega Man with a good coat of paint. The challenge of the stages remains the same but adds power-ups to help the player in tougher spots. My only issue is that it feels like cheating to use the upgrade that gives you normal speed when using the speed gear, as you can bypass almost any obstacle with ease. Despite this, I still found this game to be an enjoyable and challenging experience and hope for more Mega Man content in the future. Expand
  27. Jun 9, 2019
    Game was fun but not including Bass and Protoman makes it feel sorta empty.
  28. Mar 24, 2019
    As someone who only played the classic Mega Man games, I felt right at home playing this fantastic game. The levels were just the right level of challenge, giving just the right amount of rewarding feeling for completing each one. The voice acting was a surprise but a welcome and enjoyable one, making the Robot Masters some of the most fun to me of any of the games I played. There's notAs someone who only played the classic Mega Man games, I felt right at home playing this fantastic game. The levels were just the right level of challenge, giving just the right amount of rewarding feeling for completing each one. The voice acting was a surprise but a welcome and enjoyable one, making the Robot Masters some of the most fun to me of any of the games I played. There's not much more I can say other than this - If you like Mega Man, you'll love 11. And if you haven't played a classic Mega Man game, this is a perfect one to pick up. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2019
    The best Mega Man game in at least a decade, and one you'll want to play over and over again.
  30. Feb 20, 2019
    The only reason this didn't receive a higher score is because of the insanely irritating and repetitive sounds that Mega Man continually makes. I don't why this trope exists but we do not need to hear the character say the exact same thing every time he fires a charged shoot - which you will be doing a LOT in this game.

Otherwise it's a great entry in the series, other punishers should

Otherwise it's a great entry in the series, other punishers should take notes on how the stay true to the old platformers while leveraging the new hardware.
  31. Feb 11, 2019
    While true to Mega Man's original mechanics, playing this game in 2019 shows how they truly did not age well against modern expectations. For example, Mega Man cannot shoot up nor down, which is true to his original gameplay. But this game did not seem to be designed with this in mind, with enemies frequently approaching directly above or beneath you. Combine this with another legacyWhile true to Mega Man's original mechanics, playing this game in 2019 shows how they truly did not age well against modern expectations. For example, Mega Man cannot shoot up nor down, which is true to his original gameplay. But this game did not seem to be designed with this in mind, with enemies frequently approaching directly above or beneath you. Combine this with another legacy mechanic: enemies spawn points that go off screen will respawn the same enemy over and over again and you get some pretty frustrating situations that defy modern reasoning about how game worlds should work. Expand
  32. Feb 3, 2019
    Mega Man 11 has been on my shopping list for a long time after it's release. Even writing this review in 2019, I had just gotten this game in December. However, and this may be due to my bad gaming skills, Mega Man 11 was one of the hardest Nintendo switch games I have ever gotten. Many of the levels had me looking up tutorials and guides online, but despite the difficulty (even inMega Man 11 has been on my shopping list for a long time after it's release. Even writing this review in 2019, I had just gotten this game in December. However, and this may be due to my bad gaming skills, Mega Man 11 was one of the hardest Nintendo switch games I have ever gotten. Many of the levels had me looking up tutorials and guides online, but despite the difficulty (even in newcomer difficulty), Mega Man 11 is a fantastic game. Expand
  33. Jan 18, 2019
    Mega Man 11 is a great entry to the classic series which brings back an old school 8-bit vibe, but within a new 2.5D platforming experience. The infamously high difficulty is certainly back as well, but this time there are also some more forgiving settings. Newcomers can play through easier settings to work their way up, but the real draw of Mega Man has always been its challenging, yetMega Man 11 is a great entry to the classic series which brings back an old school 8-bit vibe, but within a new 2.5D platforming experience. The infamously high difficulty is certainly back as well, but this time there are also some more forgiving settings. Newcomers can play through easier settings to work their way up, but the real draw of Mega Man has always been its challenging, yet fair gameplay. If you're not being challenged and don't enjoy at least a bit of a challenge, then this title is likely not for you.

In terms of visuals, the game is quite stunning. The backgrounds for most stages are quite diverse and everything flows well. The mechanics have changed slightly in how the series is played with the addition of the Double Gear system, but for the most part it isn't something that you need to rely on in order to complete the game—proving that there's even more challenges beyond settings that are out there waiting. Fans that may have feared that Mega Man's movement and jumping may have changed can rest easy; though the titular character's motions are a little different visually, it doesn't impede the feel that players come to expect.

However, there are some downsides. For one, the game is very short. The main story can be completed by most within 2 hours. The game may run at a lower price of $30, but even at that price I don't think it's worth jumping into. Time trials and other features don't make up for the lack of a solid story. Not that one would expect a Mega Man game to have some elaborate story, but still, this is bare bones.

I like that since instruction manuals are no longer existent (despite the price of games remaining high), there is a lot of information to access within the extras of Mega Man 11. For example: if you're into reading more about the robot masters and lesser enemies, there is a bio for all of them. That's some solid depth to make up for other missing aspects. Mega Man 11 is an excellent pick up for newcomers and old school fans alike, but I'd shoot for a lower purchase price, especially if you're not a diehard.
  34. Dec 19, 2018
    This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a hardcore Mega Man fan, just a casual fan, but this is still great. The Double Gear System is really creative and really spices up the game nicely. without the game forcing its usage. The bosses also use one of these gears (4 Power Gear users, 4 Speed Gear users), and it can make for some pretty intense fights, especially when you use your Gears too. TheThis game is a lot of fun. I'm not a hardcore Mega Man fan, just a casual fan, but this is still great. The Double Gear System is really creative and really spices up the game nicely. without the game forcing its usage. The bosses also use one of these gears (4 Power Gear users, 4 Speed Gear users), and it can make for some pretty intense fights, especially when you use your Gears too. The levels are noticeably longer, usually taking around 4:30-6:30 (these are the Gold Metal times in Time Attack), rather than the short 2:30-3:30 of games prior, but their interesting enough to not be bland. Speaking of Time Attack, yes there are challenges, but I won't spoil them, but they're all at least decent, if not great. Overall, this is a great return to form after the over 8-year (3,128 days/about 8.6 years to be exact, at least in America) hiatus the series went through. Expand
  35. Dec 18, 2018
    the game is a bit short, but all the levels are very well designed. honestly, I'm just glad that this game exists.
  36. Nov 24, 2018
    I only had played a few of the old megaman games back in the day, but having experimented it, I can recomend this if you are a fan of the series and how classic Megaman plays. The controls, to the music, its everything quite right.
  37. Nov 12, 2018
    This is a great Mega Man game through and through, it classic Mega Man gameplay with tight controls, great level and boss design and difficulty that feels right. It is challenging but never feels too frustrating or unfair, and there are a lot of difficulty options plus items and equipment that can make the game easier. Levels are bigger in size than older Mega Man games and this feelsThis is a great Mega Man game through and through, it classic Mega Man gameplay with tight controls, great level and boss design and difficulty that feels right. It is challenging but never feels too frustrating or unfair, and there are a lot of difficulty options plus items and equipment that can make the game easier. Levels are bigger in size than older Mega Man games and this feels really satisfying. The new double-gear system is really interesting and can really balance things out in certain difficult parts of the stage and make them more manageable but never really easy. The game looks great, plays great and I would definitely recommend it for a good time. Expand
  38. mux
    Oct 26, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd consider myself a Classic-Mega-Man hardcore fan, so I was really excited when MM 11 was announced. Did it live up to my expectations? Well, partly. First of all, it's not a bad game and it kept me busy for two days - but there are some flaws. Let's start with the good things first. The gameplay and the controls are tight and the concept stays true to the formula, the game has managed to catch up with the classical spirit quite well, even with the new double-gear abilities (although I often forgot about them and wondered why it's so hard in some situations). All characters and enemies are very well designed, I looks like there has been a lot of work put into them. The eight robot-stages offer good design and variety, too. Boss fights are nice and the acquired special weapons seem more useful than in some former titles. The graphics-style is not my favorite, but at least, it's acceptable.
    So much for the good things, now the bad ones:

I think this game has awful music. Bounce Man Stage being the worst of all. Well, for some it might work. but I for myself just can't deal with this kind of happy-trance. Furthermore, being a huge chiptune fan, the new style is a real letdown.

And then the Wily fortress. It all looks the same, all sections feel unpolished and extremely uninspiring. Saving and buying E-Tanks between each section? Absolute no-go! Breaking with the tradition and already marking the final boss on the map, without making Wily escape once... well, please don't do that, it makes me sad.

As a fan, I would have given it a solid 8 - if it only had a better Wily-fortress. But this ruined the experience for me and made a quite solid game worse than it would have had to be.

For non-fans of the series, I am not sure if to recommend it - since the quite limited "freedom of movement" and the horizontal-only shooting may appear claustrophobic to newer generations.
  39. Oct 13, 2018
    Mega Man is one of the most iconic characters in all of video game. Last year during the Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream not only did they announce the Mega Man Legacy Collection and the X Collection they announced a new Mega Man game which turned out to be Mega Man 11. When it comes to Mega Man games they are a lot of fun, but are also fairly challenging. When I first played a demoMega Man is one of the most iconic characters in all of video game. Last year during the Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream not only did they announce the Mega Man Legacy Collection and the X Collection they announced a new Mega Man game which turned out to be Mega Man 11. When it comes to Mega Man games they are a lot of fun, but are also fairly challenging. When I first played a demo of Mega Man 11 I saw for myself that it was difficult, but after beating a level I was left satisfied.

Luckily that carries on for the rest of the game. As usual for Mega Man games you have to face 8 robot masters this game includes: Block Man, Acid Man, Blast Man, Fuse Man, Bounce Man, Torch Man, Impact Man, and Tundra Man. Each time you defeat a robot master you get their power and with each power you obtain you gain access to a weakness. Figuring out who is weak to the power you obtain is a key element in a Mega Man game especially if its your first run of the game.

The story of this Mega Man game is Dr. Wily remembers about an invention he had made when he was young called the Double Gear System. He uses it on the 8 robot masters and now they can use the Double Gear System to their advantage. Dr. Light has the original Double Gear System that Dr. Wily has made and he gives it to Mega Man in order for him to defeat Dr. Wily.

The Double Gear System is a nice addition to the Mega Man series. The way it works is that you have two option when using the system you can either gain a speed boost which basically slows down everything around you. And the power boost well give your shots an extra boost and its made most evident when you use them with the robot master powers you obtain which are devastating against all enemies and can also prove useful in instant kill segments.

After beating Mega Man 11 I thought that it was a solid addition in the Classic Mega Man series. Mega Man have great replay value with them being games you can beat in one sitting and if you haven't figured out any of the bosses weakness you try playing the game again. And the second playing it will be easier because you know what to expect from levels. After beating the game I did just that and what took me 6 hours to beat my first time I then beat it in less than 3 hours. Mega Man 11 was such a delight to play and I’m ready to see what Capcom does next with Mega Man.
  40. Oct 12, 2018
    No me esperaba que megaman volviera de una forma tan pulcra y respetando todo lo ofrecido en su mitica era dorada de finales de los 80s y principio de los noventa. Personalmente encuentro que el diseño de niveles es uno de los mejores vistos en la saga y el estilo gráfico es muy acertado. Una compra obligada si te gusta la saga del bombardero azul
  41. Oct 9, 2018
    Visually fantastic, remains with its classic roots, enough to do next to the story, levels can frustrate at times, double Gear system sometimes forced, soundtrack is not always strong.
  42. Oct 8, 2018
    Probably the best mega man classic series game to date. No joke. You got great music, great levels, great mechanics, amazing boss fights and hilariously awesome weapons to your disposal. It may be difficult, sure, but that's always been Mega Man's style, and it was the least of my worries at the start. Capcom delivered faithfully. Hopefully we continue to see Mega Man as a series thriveProbably the best mega man classic series game to date. No joke. You got great music, great levels, great mechanics, amazing boss fights and hilariously awesome weapons to your disposal. It may be difficult, sure, but that's always been Mega Man's style, and it was the least of my worries at the start. Capcom delivered faithfully. Hopefully we continue to see Mega Man as a series thrive after a long wait. Expand
  43. Oct 8, 2018
    Mega Man 11 is good but not great. It has kept most of the iconic stuff from Mega Man like the movement and introduces some new concepts like upgrades.

However, the design philosophy is completely changed now. The stages are designed in a way that seems to intentionally gate you from ever reaching the boss. Coupled with the fact that the game requires a lot of trial and error to get correct, there will be a lot of frustration.

It seems like the developers are trying to drag the game out into a 60 hour game instead of a 10 hour one by preventing you from getting to the fun parts, fighting the mid stage boss and stage boss. In the old Mega Man, it's almost a given that you will be able to reach the stage boss after a few tries, and once you have gone through the stage, you will always get there. But in Mega Man 11, there are a lot of cheap level designs that intentionally stops you from getting there, even if you know what to do.

It seems like Capcom has forgotten what made Mega Man fun, fighting the bosses, figuring out their patterns and getting a perfect win, either with just the Mega Buster or the bosses weakness through the iconic scissor-paper-stone concept of stage bosses.

The Gear system is essential for the game, but the button placement would have been better on the ZL/ZR rather than L/R buttons, IMO
  44. Oct 7, 2018
    um dos melhores jogos da saga já feitos e a ótima jogabilidade do jogo tomara que saia mais jogos dessa fraquinha
  45. Oct 4, 2018
    As a long time fan of the Mega Man series, I was very excited for the announcement of this game. I was also very nervous it would be trash. I am happy to review that this game lives up to the Mega Man legacy in every way possible. The game play is fun and challenging, it looks gorgeous and sounds great. There are no glitches in this game that I have yet to come across. This game is a mustAs a long time fan of the Mega Man series, I was very excited for the announcement of this game. I was also very nervous it would be trash. I am happy to review that this game lives up to the Mega Man legacy in every way possible. The game play is fun and challenging, it looks gorgeous and sounds great. There are no glitches in this game that I have yet to come across. This game is a must own for fans of the series old and new. If you like Mega Man, you will be very pleased with the purchase of this game. Expand
  46. Oct 3, 2018
    Here's a Gamepro style review since this is a retro kind of game.
    Graphics 4.5/5
    Sound 4.5/5 Control 4.5/5 Fun-factor 4.5/5 ....Challenge: Adjustable Graphics: Clean, nice simple art style. A bit too safe at times though Sound: Does the job for the most part. Not as memorable as classic entries though Control: Near perfect, although I accidentally bump into right joy-con stick &
    Here's a Gamepro style review since this is a retro kind of game.
    Graphics 4.5/5
    Sound 4.5/5
    Control 4.5/5
    Fun-factor 4.5/5
    ....Challenge: Adjustable
    Graphics: Clean, nice simple art style. A bit too safe at times though
    Control: Near perfect, although I accidentally bump into right joy-con stick & change weapons.
    Fun Factor: Cool story, good mix of levels, welcome new features, good challenge. Not the most epic or original game out there though.
  47. Oct 2, 2018
    Mega Man 11 is a game that I have been waiting for a long time. It has smooth game play and I played it from start to finish in one sitting. The soundtrack is great with a few that are very memorable. I really liked the art style and it brought the cartoony theme forward. The boss's weaknesses are intuitive and playing with the weapons makes the game so much fun. The only downside to theMega Man 11 is a game that I have been waiting for a long time. It has smooth game play and I played it from start to finish in one sitting. The soundtrack is great with a few that are very memorable. I really liked the art style and it brought the cartoony theme forward. The boss's weaknesses are intuitive and playing with the weapons makes the game so much fun. The only downside to the game is that it goes by so quick, however this is to be expected. On my first play through(on super hero mode), it took me 4 hours to beat. The game's replayabiity is high and I look forward for more play throughs. I would recommend this game for any avid mega man fan and anyone that loves platformers. Collapse
  48. Oct 2, 2018
    great game, great sound and control, if you dont like then you must be a millennial this is a real megaman game. Sasel es un calvo de &=$#"
  49. Oct 2, 2018
    Luego de 8 años del último juego de la saga clásica, el bombadero azul regresa y lo hace mejor que nunca. Esta vez el juego se centra en el sistema de doble engranaje el cual le da mayor rejugabilidad al usuario, e incluso los jefes tambien pueden hacer uso de este sistemas. Hay una tienda que te facilitará el progreso de tu partida. El juego presenta buena actuación de voz. Hay tambienLuego de 8 años del último juego de la saga clásica, el bombadero azul regresa y lo hace mejor que nunca. Esta vez el juego se centra en el sistema de doble engranaje el cual le da mayor rejugabilidad al usuario, e incluso los jefes tambien pueden hacer uso de este sistemas. Hay una tienda que te facilitará el progreso de tu partida. El juego presenta buena actuación de voz. Hay tambien desafios que prueban tu habilidad en los escenarios. Finalmente, la función Amiibo te permitirá conseguir algunos objetos. Expand
  50. Oct 2, 2018

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 14, 2018
    Some might bemoan the art direction, but I walked away from Mega Man 11 very, very impressed. It’s a particularly stunning achievement given the amount of time that has passed since the last game and Inafune’s lack of involvement. This is one of the marquee releases on Nintendo Switch and I sincerely hope that all of you reading this give it some serious consideration for a purchase. Capcom has created the perfect foundation upon which to keep building Blue Bomber sequels and I hope that the next one comes a lot sooner than eight years from now!
  2. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Oct 29, 2018
    While Mega Man 11 isn't a perfect game, it's certainly a fun one, and it establishes a solid foundation for the Blue Bomber going forward. [Issue #36 – November/December 2018, p. 80]
  3. Oct 16, 2018
    Mega Man 11 doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but for this fan of the franchise, that’s not the worst thing. While it could have used more innovation and better boss battles, the core gameplay remains as enjoyable as ever. For long-suffering fans of the series, it’s nice just to have something new to jump into.