7.1

1. Aug 23, 2019
    Don’t hesitate just buy this freaking game it is so darn good if you don’t care about some lag it is amazing the best best best game ever I thought I wasted my money but I didn’t because it’s a great game better than dragon quest better than Xenoblade better than fire emblem
  2. Aug 29, 2019
    Under rated I believe. Good action RPG. Good story and doesn't hold your hand. Step up for Tokyo RPG factory.
  3. Aug 23, 2019
    So far I love the game, specially its music & story. The only reason for the 8 as score is that on Switch there is an small input lag which could make a bit difficult the combats (specially on Maniac level that requires some precision); anyway... I was already expecting this before I bought it... "portability over performance"
    Totally recommend this game!
  4. Sep 2, 2019
    Se entiende que la gente lo quiera a 60 fps, pero que no te eche tanto para atras eso, ya que la historia desde el comienzo es bastante buena, aunque mas que la historia principal, son las mini historias de lo que es el trabajo del prota, y de todas las personas y espiritus, de como murieron y demas. Muy recomendado, lo jugué en nintendo switch, y no se ve mal (Ya que a todo el mundo leSe entiende que la gente lo quiera a 60 fps, pero que no te eche tanto para atras eso, ya que la historia desde el comienzo es bastante buena, aunque mas que la historia principal, son las mini historias de lo que es el trabajo del prota, y de todas las personas y espiritus, de como murieron y demas. Muy recomendado, lo jugué en nintendo switch, y no se ve mal (Ya que a todo el mundo le molesta que hayan 2 luces menos en comparación a las demas consolas) Expand
  5. Feb 18, 2020
    At first glance, the game's atmosphere and art style approach brought to my mind games like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler. As charming as it looks, Oninaki's is really dark and heavy.

The story is just descent and a bit complicated, but with some very interesting and notable moments (won't say more, I don't want to spoil anything to you). Especially the background stories/memories of your Daemons are compelling and in combination with chilling ambient background music, they create a mesmerizing atmosphere.

The gameplay is solid for sure (and for me, really addictive) but some could say it is repetitive; getting a mission, travel to its location, kill its monsters and its final boss. It is not very fast but at the same time not very slow for an action game. The customization of your Daemons (weapons, skills) is well made and you can use the "points" you have for each Daemon not only for unlocking new skills, but also for unlocking its memories. Personally, I never felt that grinding was boring. I found myself playing for many hours, trying to proceed with the main story, clear each and every monster on both worlds of that location and even revisited some locations not only for side missions (lost souls), but also because I really wanted to power up some Daemons to use them as mains and learn their whole background stories.

On the other hand, the game is not perfect. I noticed a few framerate drops in the main city and some bugs with regard to the characer models and their appearance (auras etc.). Loading times are a bit long and the overall graphics for the handheld mode could be less "blurry" and more "sharp". HD rumble is not present despite the fact that the game could really benefit from that feature. However, all these downsides, which could be improved by a future update, do not take away anything from the overall experience; the game is totally playable.

All in all, Oninaki has a lot of potential. It combines interesting ideas and aristic approach , but its mediocre story and small flaws keep it from being perfect and my final thoughts were that it is good, but it could offer more. Apart from that, I had a great time playing it and got attached to its gameplay and art style. It is a chilling and solid Action JRPG and i recommend it for fans of the genre.
  6. Sep 2, 2019
    Oninaki is a grade A game, but can disappoint you if you carry high expectations. The game is not that long, maybe 20-25 hours and has a number of plot holes and severe logic flaws. This is not the best game Square Enix has produced. It is, however, an excellent mid-cost game and well worth the money and time.

Do not expect a happy, uplifting experience. The game is dark, depressing,

Do not expect a happy, uplifting experience. The game is dark, depressing, and mysterious. Regardless, I recommend it.
  7. Nov 4, 2019
    Im fan of tokyo factory games and i really enjoyed Lost sphear and I Am Setsuna but Oninaki is best so far easy 10/10.Gameplay is amazing. Main character is so different and interesting and the story is super good. You got so many Daemons to play with that the game doesnt feel repetitive at all.
  8. Sep 29, 2019
    Very good games and all the demons to upgrade is a perfect to change de way to play The story is simple but de subject is new for a japenese rpg. I think this game will be difficult to find in a few years and it become a classic for rpg’s fan.
  9. Apr 21, 2020
    Wow! I didn’t know what to expect when I downloaded this game. I haven’t played anything by Tokyo RPG Factory before. The art style is very beautiful in my opinion. I played it with my switch docked and quickly became immersed in it’s gorgeous imagery. The game feels like you’re playing through an anime show, slow start but then very intense the more you get into it. The gameplay andWow! I didn’t know what to expect when I downloaded this game. I haven’t played anything by Tokyo RPG Factory before. The art style is very beautiful in my opinion. I played it with my switch docked and quickly became immersed in it’s gorgeous imagery. The game feels like you’re playing through an anime show, slow start but then very intense the more you get into it. The gameplay and fighting style may seem repetitive but with constant additions of new Daemons, the combat style you choose to equip yourself with has many fun combinations. The story is fantastic in that you see your characters growth intellectually and personality wise. The boss fights are my favorite part. They can be incredibly difficult, but the more you play the better you can come up with a winning strategy. When I first played the game, I caught myself marveling at the music. Every so often throughout the play through, I catch myself enjoying the music very much. My only complaint would be maneuvering the menu options when you first start playing as it can come off confusing. Other than that, this game is superb. Expand
  10. Jul 26, 2020
    From a gameplay perspective alone this game does a lot of things right and boasts some unique systems that other developers in the space should be looking at for inspiration, I could easily recommend it to any long-time fan of the ARPG genre. The story is solid, the art direction is nice, the soundtrack is acceptable.

Sadly, there is a lack of challenge. Even on the highest difficulty

Sadly, there is a lack of challenge. Even on the highest difficulty level a lot of enemies stand about lazily and you'd basically have to be trying to get killed. It would have been nice to see the developer offer additional support post-release, NG+ mode would have been a nice addition too, though the post-game dungeon is a solid alternative.
  11. Mar 28, 2021
    This game is absolute masterpiece. Story is really great, characters are very well created and combat is amazing and rewarding. Every daemon is different and if you will change it you will feel like playing other, but also amazing, game.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 13, 2019
    Once you fall into the groove, Oninaki is greatly enjoyable, even if it initially falls flat because of its repetitive combat. The story heads to dark places surrounding the central theming, occasionally in a ham-fisted way, but still manages to have emotional impact. Ultimately though, Oninaki is a gem of a game if you’re persistent in putting in the work. Tokyo RPG Factory have done it again
  2. Sep 10, 2019
    Oninaki is brimming with ideas and heavy themes. Unfortunately this is hidden behind some rudimentary, repetitive gameplay.
  3. Sep 10, 2019
    Its combat may feel flawed at first but as the game goes on and the customization options open up to the player, ONINAKI becomes more and more enjoyable and its approximate twenty hours of lifespan make this a game that is worthy of the player's attention.