8.7

1. Sep 28, 2019
    The only game that made me cry. Twice. First because I was sad and then because it ran so smooth on my switch
  2. Sep 27, 2019
    Uno de los mejores juegos indies llega a la híbrida con una increíble optimizacion, todo el contenido y portabilidad, no te lo pierdas
  3. Sep 27, 2019
    One of the best Indie come to Nintendo Switch. Soundtrack, history. So emotional, i loved
  4. Sep 28, 2019
    Love the game so much on xbox that I bought it again on switch. Touching game with brilliant music and artstyle is sky high! Best metroivania ive even played. 11/10.
  5. Sep 28, 2019
    One of the most beautiful games that ever existed. Plays incredible on Switch!
  6. Oct 3, 2019
    Just the most beautiful game i have ever played, músic and gameplay are amazing too
  7. Sep 30, 2019
    This is without a doubt one of the best metroidvanias ever made. The Switch version is also absolutely fantastic, it's an amazing achievement to get this beautiful game to run at 60fps on this tiny piece of hardware. And it is such a rare thing to happen to see Xbox Game Studios publish a game on Switch, so don't miss this. Play it, finish it, love it, forever.
  8. Sep 30, 2019
    Uma obra prima, já zerei no Pc e Xbox. Parece que nunca envelhece esse jogo. Espero que a Microsoft traga outros grandes jogos clássicos nessa pegada Indie pro switch ou até AAA mais antigos com Fable, seria um sonho.
  9. Jan 11, 2020
    great game with a lot of really cool and innovative mechanics (especially bash). Some sequences (like the water vein escape sequence) were some of the best platforming experiences I've ever had, and although the game unfortunately didn't maintain that level for its entirety it was still a really amazing platformer with stunning visuals.
  10. Sep 30, 2019
    One of the best game on Switch. LOVE IT!
    Story 10/10
    Music 10/10
    Game play 10/10
  11. Mar 31, 2020
    This game has amazing grafics and I love how the story is played based on Ori and the blind forest. I've only gotten through about 22% the game is so challenging
  12. Sep 27, 2019
    Awesome game, must have for Switch owners. Buy it and support this incredible team
  13. Sep 28, 2019
    Best game on Switch! Love you guys! Beautiful story, graphic, hard buy rewarding game.
  14. Sep 29, 2019
    The game is gorgeous and the port seems nearly perfect. Some of the water is a bit off but, given the limitations of the Switch, I doubt it’s fixable with anything approaching a reasonable budget. It’s a small nitpick anyway. With that said, there are parts of the gameplay that are so challenging, they’ll make your thumb numb. Don’t let that deter you though. I found the tough bits to beThe game is gorgeous and the port seems nearly perfect. Some of the water is a bit off but, given the limitations of the Switch, I doubt it’s fixable with anything approaching a reasonable budget. It’s a small nitpick anyway. With that said, there are parts of the gameplay that are so challenging, they’ll make your thumb numb. Don’t let that deter you though. I found the tough bits to be weirdly rewarding and kind of addictive which was a very pleasant surprise because I normally hate that sort of thing. The platforming, balance, and progression are top notch. For what it is, “Ori and the Blind Forest” is about as good as it gets. Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2019
    Nice to look at, but not very fun to play. The visuals quickly lose their charm after an hour or two of gameplay.
  16. Nov 3, 2019
    I started out really loving this game, but eventually its major flaws started to pop up.
    That was when I got stuck in the Moon Grotto with LITERALLY no way for me to progress any further. As I had only one life cell, no energy, no way to get back up to a teleport spot, and with no proper save system, I could not reload a previous save. The only possible way for me to progress was if I instantly became a pro at the game and didn't die once until the next energy cell. Which was a bit hard with all the spikes all over the place.
    I'd basically have to restart the whole game, which I'm not doing.
  17. Jan 27, 2020
    I don't usually like these sorts of side scrolling games but damn is Ori is beautiful. The animation and the game play is really incredible, every zone has a cool unique feel that really wraps you up and immerses you.
  18. Jan 2, 2020
    I found a beautiful forest to explore and suprisingly touching story to follow.
  19. Mar 17, 2020
    Это шедевр ! Достойное продолжение предыдущей части .
  20. Mar 1, 2020
    Beautiful. Touching story. Interesting platforming. Some pretty big difficulty spikes, but the save mechanic adds an interesting dimension. Loses a few points for the chase sequences. They're brutally unforgiving and spoil the cinematic appeal. Also, I finished the game skipping a few areas and missing their upgrades. It's a very good game, but the fact that I don't feel the need toBeautiful. Touching story. Interesting platforming. Some pretty big difficulty spikes, but the save mechanic adds an interesting dimension. Loses a few points for the chase sequences. They're brutally unforgiving and spoil the cinematic appeal. Also, I finished the game skipping a few areas and missing their upgrades. It's a very good game, but the fact that I don't feel the need to go back and complete what I missed says something. Expand
  21. Oct 5, 2019
    Un juego perfecto en lo artístico y con una gran jugabilidad aunque falla en el tema de la progresión. No tiene mucho sentido ni mucha recompensa conseguir el 100% si no eres completista ya que no tiene retos o jefes secretos ni endgame.
  22. Jan 17, 2020
    Um dos melhores ports que joguei no Switch, tanto em modo dock quando em portátil estava perfeito, game conta com uma direção de arte incrível, excelente trilha sonora, bem desafiador e alto fator de replay.

Agora os lados negativos eu destaco a falta de batalha contra chefes, modo de dificuldade sem noção de zerar o game com apenas uma visa, e balanceamento da dificuldade, pois em 30% do game passei mais dificuldade do que no resto.
  23. Oct 1, 2019
    Cast: 8/10
    Story: 8/10
    Fun: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10

MUST PLAY
    ----------------------
  24. Oct 6, 2019
    The presentation here is top-notch: BEAUTIFUL graphics, art style, music and a touching story. The gameplay loop is also very addictive. If you like exploring, platforming and collecting, you're in the right place. However, the game is held back in my opinion by controls that feel imprecise, floaty and slippery, especially coming off of playing Celeste, which has perfect and razor-tightThe presentation here is top-notch: BEAUTIFUL graphics, art style, music and a touching story. The gameplay loop is also very addictive. If you like exploring, platforming and collecting, you're in the right place. However, the game is held back in my opinion by controls that feel imprecise, floaty and slippery, especially coming off of playing Celeste, which has perfect and razor-tight controls. Also, there are a lot of cheap one-hit death traps that are impossible to anticipate. This is also one thing I didn't see mentioned a lot before I played: This is a HARD game. You will die A LOT. You have to be okay with that. A mitigating factor here is that you create your own save points. Don't be stingy with those, you will need them!

I cannot help but think that a lot of Indie games are extra-hard not just for the challenge, but also to lengthen play-time. Also, some moments, like the escape sequences, become a lot less cinematic and climactic when you have to attempt them over and over and over again. And you do HAVE TO, because as mentioned above, there's unforeseeable stuff coming your way that will instantly kill you. Sometimes it's also unnecessarily difficult to accurately perceive what's going on and to detect threats, because the camera is zoomed so far out and there can be so much going on with different enemies on screen and your and their projectiles (The "Smash Bros. Effect"). At some points, it would have been helpful to be able to manually move the camera in a certain direction. Sometimes there are also bits of scenery in the foreground blocking your sight and (accidentally) hiding enemies behind them, which is COMPLETELY unnecessary. Whoever thought that this was a good idea should have his head checked. And at times, the detailed art style itself can make it kinda hard to see spikes and such, because they don't really stick out from the environment that much.

So, as you can guess by the statement above, Ori is not the longest game. I guess it took me about ten hours to get everything. Though I do feel like I'm probably going to play it again at some point (right now I've got too much other stuff to play). Plus, it's only 20 bucks. And I have to say, I do like the compact map. Makes getting to 100% completion seem really doable and not just something for people with OCD. ;)

All in all, despite my criticisms, I cannot in good conscience give this game anything less than an 8. It's just too beautiful, creative, inspired, and touching, and a very impressive effort for a small Indie studio. There's a free demo on the e-shop, so go check it out. Just be warned that the game gets A LOT harder after the beginning.

What I would like to see in the sequel:
    - No instant-kill death traps, or at the very least, telegraph them properly
    - No scenery in the foreground blocking your view
    - Adjustable camera
    - Tightened controls
    - More content
  25. Oct 25, 2019
    Una verdadera joya de microsoft, y ahora en portatil tambien, ademas de sobremesa. Un sobresaliente.
  26. Oct 9, 2019
    Hace mucho no me sorprendía tanto un juego de este género. Excelente adición al catálogo de Switch.
  27. Nov 19, 2019
    Now this is a metroidvania game done right. I played a lot of games of this sort through all the years and this is the perfect balance. Everyone is crazy about Celeste but to be honest. Sure if you have literally no life and can sit around all day trying to progress through just one part and after trying the same section over and over and over only to finally get that A-ha moment...whereNow this is a metroidvania game done right. I played a lot of games of this sort through all the years and this is the perfect balance. Everyone is crazy about Celeste but to be honest. Sure if you have literally no life and can sit around all day trying to progress through just one part and after trying the same section over and over and over only to finally get that A-ha moment...where at last you made it to the next section and Then ahhhh sh*t...here we go again...the same advanced hardcore kinda section that you just say...yeah...that’s enough for the day. then more power to ya but some of us fools don’t have that sort of time. Video games are meant to be an escape and enjoyment. But ori and the blind forest is such a treat. It holds your hand but at the same time it doesn’t. There were times where I couldn’t figure out where to go next or how to get to this or that part. But the best part is where if you grind enough enemies that keep respawning ..you can unlock your skills and it makes getting around those parts way easier which it should be like that so you don’t quit the game. There’s nothing worse then playing a metroidvania game where you don’t know what to do next and just quit because you literally went everywhere. The platforming and levels are designed so well that once you get a lot of skills unlocked it gets crazy what you can do but feel like a pro just getting around. I love that you venture back to old places and say..wow..I remember this spot..it sucked but not no more because I am powerful now. Anyways..the story is very touching and wonderful. These developers knocked this game out of the park. I loved it. Expand
  28. Nov 22, 2019
    It is probably strange to start talking about this game from the minuses, but managing real places is very complicated and requires serious skill and a good reaction, but this is offset by an interesting (not original, but interesting) storyline and simply amazing graphics.
  29. Dec 23, 2019
    I think it is just me...I just personally cannot enjoy this kind of "hardcore" platform action game too much no matter how great the graphic and music are. I like the Nintendo platform games which give players more fun to explore and easier learning curve better
  30. Sep 28, 2019
    Jogo fantástico, trilha sonora emocionante, trilha sonora emocionante, melhor metroidvania da gen...
  31. Sep 28, 2019
    Incrível em tudo: qualidade gráfica, áudio e história. O game play mantem o que joguei no primeiro jogo, mas com algumas melhorias.
  32. Oct 30, 2019
    Дважды проходил на XBox. Теперь есть повод ещё пару раз пройти на свитче) Шедевральное произведение!
  33. Sep 29, 2019
    Хорошая игра! Очень красивая, механика на уровне, советую к прохождению
  34. Jan 14, 2020
    This game was an absolute treat. Runs buttery smooth on the switch. The story is sad but yet refreshing,controls is quick and responsive. The world is a master piece . You bond with your character and the subtle sounds he/she makes feels as if you are apart of the journey . Cant wait for the second game!
  35. Oct 19, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is very good, sincere, I cried when the pot-bellied died, a very good game, they are worth their money. Expand
  36. Oct 20, 2019
    Un juego visualmente hermoso, bastante entretenido y una sensación perfecta en jugabilidad, y en Nintendo Switch no es para menos, mantiene una resolución a 1080p y 60 FPS, como en la versión de Xbox One, la resolución es dinámica, pero en la práctica el cambio no se siente en absoluto, en el port para Nintendo Switch, se siente una mayor nitidez y saturación de colores comparada con laUn juego visualmente hermoso, bastante entretenido y una sensación perfecta en jugabilidad, y en Nintendo Switch no es para menos, mantiene una resolución a 1080p y 60 FPS, como en la versión de Xbox One, la resolución es dinámica, pero en la práctica el cambio no se siente en absoluto, en el port para Nintendo Switch, se siente una mayor nitidez y saturación de colores comparada con la versión de Xbox One, y cuenta con un pequeño zoom, ideal para el modo portátil y para la nueva
    Nintendo Switch Lite.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition es una delicia de juego, divertido, hermoso, y el claro ejemplo de un port perfecto bastante bien trabajado y optimizado, el ejemplo de cómo se deben hacer las cosas, un trabajo a la altura de Microsoft Studios y de la misma Nintendo. En resumen, un must have en Nintendo Switch y Xbox One.
  37. Oct 26, 2019
    One of the best platformers of this generation,up there with hollow knight.
  38. Nov 16, 2019
    One of the few games that truly deserve a 10/10

An absolute classic that every fan of Platformers need to play.
  39. Jan 6, 2020
    One of the best platform games I've ever played. Great controls, not too easy! loved the story overall great I want more
  40. Nov 18, 2019
    I owned this game on Xbox wow then it was released on switch and I was unsure how it would play but wow excellent controls, amazing story and a definite must buy for switch owners.
  41. Dec 10, 2019
    Just amazing! Astonishing storytelling and gameplay.Incredible soundtrack and world design
  42. Dec 13, 2019
    Ori and the Blind Forest is an excellent Metroidvania. Full of outstanding artwork and compelling story. Gameplay-wise the platforming sections are great, but combat lacks certain depth to it (in my opinion it usually comes down to mashing the attack button, which is unsatisfying)
    Overall, I cannot wait for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, as the first game in the series was extraordinary
  43. Dec 28, 2019
    Easily one of the best platform games of all time.
    The art design is beautiful as well as the sound tracks. This game is good on it's own and this switch version is not another lazy port. Thanks god the frame is consistent and fluent. This is the only thing I beseech from the developers.
  44. Jan 5, 2020
    Good OST, beautiful game.
    Terrible gameplay (who thought having a down only button to dash to the bottom was a good idea ?) or game design deision. I found the screen extremely hard to read mostly due to the graphics, sure they are gorgeous but too often you can't tell what is just part of the scene and what will kill you.
    Too many RNG, too many unfair difficulty spike.
  45. Jan 6, 2020
    I have played and loved games like The Messenger, Celeste, etc. Beautiful game but way to hard! Its the first game i stopped playing it, because its to frustrating!
  46. Jan 24, 2020
    This game is a lot of fun! It's a Metroidvania with a nice innovation: you have a time-limited ability to set save points anywhere, so you can set a save point right before a dangerous section, and if you die, you respawn at that save point. If you liked Hollow Knight, I guarantee you that you will like this game.
  47. Mar 8, 2020
    By far one of my favorite games ever, I'm so glad it is on Switch. It runs so well with no problem whatsoever, and the graphic, artstyle, gameplay are just so, so great. Not to mention the story almost make me want to cry. The only reason I'm not giving a 10 instead is the difficulty. Don't get me wrong, it's great they make the game challenging, so that we can be filled with satisfactionBy far one of my favorite games ever, I'm so glad it is on Switch. It runs so well with no problem whatsoever, and the graphic, artstyle, gameplay are just so, so great. Not to mention the story almost make me want to cry. The only reason I'm not giving a 10 instead is the difficulty. Don't get me wrong, it's great they make the game challenging, so that we can be filled with satisfaction once we've beaten a part of the game (the first boss of the game almost make me poop myself and I felt like wanting to die on my sofa with no regret after the part is beaten). But there's moments in the game where I feel like it got a bit too frustrating. Also the achievements feels impossible to complete, especially with the one-life challenge.

Overall, 9/10, 9.5/10 if I'm allowed to do so. Please release the sequel on the Switch, I beg you.
  48. Mar 18, 2020
    Ori and the blind Forest: Definitive Edition is a wonderful game to come to the Switch and a wonderful port. It runs so smoothly and the story is very captivating. I think I cried 2 times, because of the emotional depth this story provides. You can also feel the hand-drawn art in this game and see the details in the background. Also to see an Xbox exclusive come to the Switch is justOri and the blind Forest: Definitive Edition is a wonderful game to come to the Switch and a wonderful port. It runs so smoothly and the story is very captivating. I think I cried 2 times, because of the emotional depth this story provides. You can also feel the hand-drawn art in this game and see the details in the background. Also to see an Xbox exclusive come to the Switch is just surreal. I loved it. Expand
  49. Mar 22, 2020
    This game is absolutely beautiful and has a wonderful soundtrack. It might get difficult at times, but you can often put down checkpoints and the controls are great. Definitely one of the best platformers I know.
  50. Mar 31, 2020
    Великолепная игра, на самом финальном отрезке пришлось понизить сложность, так как уже было невтерпеж, хотя до этого висел на некоторых участках по несколько дней, но ни разу не жалел об этом. Рекомендую всем
  51. Apr 3, 2020
    Ori os the first metroidvania Game that I never has played and I had to day that It is areat game for anyone. The music and visuals are amazing, the gameplay are very intuitive, but It have a lot of variety for a plataform Game like this.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 16, 2019
    The Switch's catalogue of Metroidvania titles was already impressive - though ironically it's still lacking an actual Metroid - and now its ranks have been bolstered by one of the best in recent memory. Ori and the Blind Forest is an absolute masterpiece, a beautiful story polished to perfection in both its artistic design and core gameplay mechanics. The utterly beautiful presentation and soundtrack crafts a charming and memorable world and there are more stories in that world to come as Ori and the Will of the Wisps landing on Xbox One in a few months. Hopefully, the Switch version comes shortly after.
  2. Oct 15, 2019
    Impeccable product, even better than the original, Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is already one of the best games in Switch. A star that shines with special intensity among the many that already illuminate the nourished catalog of the Nintendo console.
  3. Oct 13, 2019
    This is just the same wonderful game that was first released in 2015, and it's delightful to see it given a new lease of life on Nintendo Switch.