7.1

1. Dec 19, 2018
    If you like a developer that provides lots of cleavage and midriff exposing skins instead of a consistently performing software experience, this is the dumpster fire for you. It runs fine for a day, then devolves into constant crashes. Fortunately, the forums have step by step instructions on how to wipe this VD off your system for a fresh install so you can witness the fun of it's steadyIf you like a developer that provides lots of cleavage and midriff exposing skins instead of a consistently performing software experience, this is the dumpster fire for you. It runs fine for a day, then devolves into constant crashes. Fortunately, the forums have step by step instructions on how to wipe this VD off your system for a fresh install so you can witness the fun of it's steady decline once again. Be sure to contact tech support and witness the amazingly fast response time consisting of cut and paste emails taken right off the forums!!!

In all seriousness, yes its free to play, but your time is worth money. HiRez is not concerned wit your time. They are concerned with cultivating a customer base willing to spend cash on vanity features and content cash locked behind their battle pass and seasonal events. the number of shinies in this game is quite impressive until you observe that it is the veneer over a buggy, poorly crafted mess. For instance, when a player leaves during character selection, they are slapped with a 30 min deserter penalty. That is awesome right? Stick it to the quitters. Until the 10th time your game crashes on character select and realize you have accumulated 300 min of penalty time because HiRez is laser focused on RMT's and ambivalent toward the functionality of their product. I encourage you to watch your kill cams. Some of the janky shenanigans had me convinced I was playing Call of Duty.

By all means, download it, have fun. But understand what you are getting. Do not pay for a game of dress up.
  2. Aug 27, 2018
    Paladins is filled, no, overflowing with bugs, glitches and crashes, which proves Hi-Rez Studios don't know what they are doing, and the fact anyone would give this game a high rating in its current state baffles me. Just because a game runs at 60fps on a portable console should not warrant such high regards, and that alone should not be deserving of a perfect rating.
  3. Jul 25, 2019
    I want to love this game, I really do. It handles genuinely differently from games usually regarded as similar to it. (Overwatch, duh). Ive sunk 150+ hours into the game for the switch and honestly, it grew on me so quickly but now its HUGE issues are dawning on me. Firstly from a technical standpoint, it handles well on the switch regarding fps and stutter etc. However, from the amount ofI want to love this game, I really do. It handles genuinely differently from games usually regarded as similar to it. (Overwatch, duh). Ive sunk 150+ hours into the game for the switch and honestly, it grew on me so quickly but now its HUGE issues are dawning on me. Firstly from a technical standpoint, it handles well on the switch regarding fps and stutter etc. However, from the amount of times the game has crashed mid match, feels like it's incredibly neglected by the devs. Then the process to log back in would take 3 or so critical minutes off of ranked games, its horrible. The menus are buggy, the party system is so flawed that I find myself constantly restarting the game just to Invite my friends. Every so often while picking your character, the game would stop responding and you'd get "deserter" for a bug out of your control. The game is a nightmare to play on the switch yet we do so since we itch to play it everyday.

Now for a critique of the battle pass. There's no direct way to only pay for a battle pass so you have to spend $15 in game for crystals to afford a battle pass? And there's no way of earning back enough crystals from the battle pass itself to pay for the next pass either. Why inconvenience your player base by requiring them to purchase more crystals than required, just to rack up the price for a battle pass? Horrible move from the dev as their competitors offer better battle passes for cheaper too (With enough in-game currency to purchase the following pass). This move alone has discouraged me from purchasing the battle pass all this time.

It requires more attention from the devs to fix the version on the Nintendo Switch, and to rework the absolutely garbage battle pass system.
  4. Aug 21, 2018
    THX Hirez you killed game for CIS. Realy nice X2 price. When your`s servers unstable, useless and garbage MM you doubled gems price.
    F6 Hirez!!!
  5. Jul 26, 2018
    If you're into having to pay real money to get anything or spend hours of playing frustrating matches of losing because your team doesn't know how to play the objectives then odds are you're only 12 years old. This game is nowhere near as good as overwatch and is a total cash grab. I understand it is free but Hi-rez Studios adding in a Battle Pass in all of their games to get more money isIf you're into having to pay real money to get anything or spend hours of playing frustrating matches of losing because your team doesn't know how to play the objectives then odds are you're only 12 years old. This game is nowhere near as good as overwatch and is a total cash grab. I understand it is free but Hi-rez Studios adding in a Battle Pass in all of their games to get more money is just plain greedy. Chances are only the kids younger than 13 will really love this game unless you just don't have good taste in games. Expand
  6. Aug 11, 2018
    F6 Hirez!!!
  7. May 6, 2019
    Paladins has became a horrible mess of a game. It constantly crashes on the Nintendo Switch, randomly freezes, has characters that are both to over powered, and under powered. Hi Rez is incapable of making video games.
  8. May 20, 2019
    You get into a match , immediately crashes and then you are a deserter for half an hour....
    ,niiiiice
  9. Mar 9, 2020
    Get Overwatch instead of this junk. A lot of the characters are just copies of Overwatch characters and abilities.
  10. Oct 8, 2020
    I gave this game a chance, i really did but i have to be honest here. This game is just a complete waste of time. There is nothing good about it.
    There are a TON of good games out there and this one is VERY far from it. It is not even bad, It is honestly pathetic that something like this was even released.
  11. Dec 13, 2020
    I really love this game and I’ve sunk 60+ hours into it without it becoming boring (that’s a lot for me). Hi-Rez has fixed a lot of the first month bugs that seemed to be bothering people (although there are a few annoying ones still, like the one that occasionally kicks me out of matches), but they’ve made good progress. The characters are fun and they feel different from one another.I really love this game and I’ve sunk 60+ hours into it without it becoming boring (that’s a lot for me). Hi-Rez has fixed a lot of the first month bugs that seemed to be bothering people (although there are a few annoying ones still, like the one that occasionally kicks me out of matches), but they’ve made good progress. The characters are fun and they feel different from one another. Whenever I unlocked a new one, I felt like my hard work had been rewarded. The matches are always very high energy and exiting. The only issue I can think of is the glitches, which do occasionally still crop up. Also, I haven’t played Overwatch, so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2021
    I really enjoy the part where I get penalized for being a switch player. I really learned my lesson when I got 20 minutes of deserter, just don’t crash.
  13. Aug 12, 2021
    Whatever you do, do not spend money on the game. The game crashes more that a teenager on whiskey and it has X types of currency and none can be gained by playing the game, other than gold which is in fact almost worthless.
    Also, the assets are hardly ever rendered in the menu's and the whole game is just far from optimized for the Nintendo Switch.
  14. Nov 16, 2021
    It's almost unplayable son switch. Too much lag, framerate drops and freezes. It's a great game but on switch too many technical problems. I don't know if the other problems are having the same problems as well.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 6, 2018
    Paladins is a fun shooter, and encourages long-term play with its unlockables and level-up progressions. It loses to Fortnite in the addictiveness stakes, though, and isn't helped by a less-than-seamless matchmaking system.
  2. Aug 6, 2018
    Paladins fills a fairly significant gap in the Switch’s library. Some minor issues aside, it's generally a great experience.
  3. Aug 3, 2018
    Paladins: Champions of the Realm is a fun and exciting shooter, and we forgive its small hiccups and the reduced variety for the simple fact that it is available for free. Being a hero shooter, it is possible that not everyone might enjoy it. But FPS fans who own a Nintendo Switch do not have many alternatives, and our advice is to download it and try it, even if your not convinced. Who knows, you might love it in the end.