- Publisher: Digerati Distribution
- Release Date: May 19, 2021
- Also On: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Summary: They've made significant changes for the console versions to enable smooth and intuitive play using a controller. And there’ll also be new opportunities for traders to exploit, and a new exotic engine to acquire, which skilled players in particular may find rewarding.
- Developer: Failbetter Games
- Genre(s): Action Adventure, General
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
Positive: 1 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Jun 24, 2021This game absolutely kicks ass, however it does have some performance issues on Switch but they typically don't make the game unmanageable orThis game absolutely kicks ass, however it does have some performance issues on Switch but they typically don't make the game unmanageable or put a dent on the luster that is everything else about this game.
This immense eldtritch UK themed world is brimming with diversity and representation, a vast improvement over Sunless Sea. It triples down on surrealism too, metaphysical themes, body horror, all culminating in character plots and events that range from absolutely endearing to completely unearthly.
The gameplay is mostly delivery and making circuits of your routes, while dipping into uncharted territory to expand your market and terror management options. By the way- the terror system is magnificently done. In tandem with the manageability of the three deities that torment you nothing feels random or overly punishing as much as it is a calculated loss. Even knowing when to cut and run from combat becomes instinctual.
Your first few captains might die, but as you accrue upgrades and hit a kind of flow and receptiveness with what the game wants from you, you will quickly adapt and have much longer runs with much more wrenching conclusions.
Also, mind that you have a train horn button by clicking in one of the sticks and you can just jam on that baby and it never gets old. Cue you triumphantly slicing elegantly into New Winchester's port after passing several Tacketies doing doughnuts as you pump out a sick jam on your new engine's horn.… Expand