8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. May 26, 2021
    This game was a ton of fun. Enjoyed that every level added in a new gameplay element.
  2. Aug 3, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is one of (if not the) best ports Nintendo have ever done. They gave the already great game a ton of QoL improvements, including a brand new move (the mid-air dive), increased running speed, online play, multiplayer in the captain toad levels and a bunch of other small tweaks like fully colorized stamps, a new snapshot mode and the game loading in theSuper Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is one of (if not the) best ports Nintendo have ever done. They gave the already great game a ton of QoL improvements, including a brand new move (the mid-air dive), increased running speed, online play, multiplayer in the captain toad levels and a bunch of other small tweaks like fully colorized stamps, a new snapshot mode and the game loading in the background.
    The increased speed and new dive move make the game feel legitimately fresh, and the game is more suited for switch than Wii U in my opinion with its pick up and play nature and not being the only 3D Mario game.

But that's only half the story with this game. Bowser's Fury is the brand new side-quest. It's basically an open world Mario game using Mario 3D world's engine. Despite its short length, taking only around 3 hours to beat and 6 to 100%, Bowser's Fury is a lot of fun and makes sure that both fans of Mario's more linear outings like 3D Land and the 2D games and fans of the open world games like 64 and Odyssey can get a lot of enjoyment out of this package.

Overall it's two great adventures with amazing sound tracks, great designs and lots of fun to be had. However, here are some points of criticism:

- While the speed increase is overall a great change, the rest of the game isn't at all tweaked to suit the higher speeds. This can make some sections like some bosses, rolling hills, or stairs you need to jump on feel a bit jarring.
    - There isn't much in terms of replay value in either 3D World or Bowser's Fury, unless you're into speedrunning. The games emphasis on multiplayer (which to be fair, is a ton of fun) leaves me desiring some kind of multiplayer mode like a coin battle or fighting mode.
    - 3D World doesn't really have it's own identity visually or gameplay wise. It's mainly a great Mario platformer, but not much more than that.
    - Bowser's Fury reuses a lot of ideas and you have to do the same thing (fight shadow Luigi, have Fury Bowser break blocks etc.) a bunch of times each. This makes it a bit tedious to 100% complete.
    - Bowser's Fury also doesn't run to well, mainly when bowser is in his fury state.

Most of these are nitpicks, and i do still think the game is amazing and i whole-heartedly recommend it to any fans of Mario games or 3D platformers in general
  3. jte
    Feb 14, 2021
    Amazing game, one of my favorite Mario games , highly recommend :-). Please do yourself a favor and buy this gem! It’s multiplayer so you can play with your kids and significant other
  4. Feb 14, 2021
    Best port ever. 3D world is maybe better than ever. Ground pound jumps are instant, the characters are faster, which compensated for the nerfed cat dive glitch (which is still there). Bowsers fury is really good too, but keep in mind that it’s not worth buying for just bowsers fury
  5. Feb 17, 2021
    Beautiful Game I love that the graphics look better in 3D Land. But in Bowser's Fury that's where the fun is! The fact that Bowser has turned into basically Godzilla. Beautiful Graphics, Good Gameplay, Cool Bowser Design, and bowser Jr's drawings are great
  6. Feb 18, 2021
    This is a great collection of 2 similar yet vastly different experiences!
    Dont sleep on Bowser's Fury!
    I enjoyed it more than 3D worlds!
  7. Feb 14, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World is a platforming classic, even better now on the Switch. Bowser's Fury is surprisingly fun, although a little short. Especially the boss fight are an awesome and epic twist to the Mario vs Bowser saga!
  8. Feb 14, 2021
    Awesome game, the best Mario ever!!
    Juego asombroso, el mejor Mario jamás creado!!
  9. Feb 14, 2021
    This game is Fantastic. I recommend playing this game with someone else because the co-op experience alone makes this game one of the best Mario games if not the best. bowser's fury is really good but it is short. if you missed this masterpiece on the WII U. make sure to get it on the switch.
  10. Feb 14, 2021
    Awesome game. I love many Super Mario games but this one is one of best Super Mario games and we got online option in Super Mario 3D World story mode!!! Great fun with friends and being solo too if look for challenge alone. :) I love Cat Toad in it. :) :) :) :) :)
  11. Feb 15, 2021
    Absolutely fantastic game. Hugely fun, great level design and plenty of stuff to collect.
    A must play for anyone.
  12. Feb 15, 2021
    The ONLY thing that bothers me a little is that Bowsers Fury plays like a full 3D Mario game and I can’t do the side flip to make higher jumps. But amazing games. A great purchase if you liked the original or if you never played it and like Mario games.
  13. Feb 14, 2021
    One of the best Mario games of this generation this should be a must play for every platform lover
  14. Feb 14, 2021
    Excellent game ! One of the best Mario ever ! Bowser's Fury is so good and it makes Super Mario 3D World even better
  15. Feb 14, 2021
    A luxurious and high-caliber platform game that has no competition except for other Mario games. The game is already luxurious since the Wii U. However, there are impressive improvements such as team play, improving the walking shape of the characters (animation ), adding cooperative play in the missions of captain toad, and the most importantly wonderful addition, which is the two factsA luxurious and high-caliber platform game that has no competition except for other Mario games. The game is already luxurious since the Wii U. However, there are impressive improvements such as team play, improving the walking shape of the characters (animation ), adding cooperative play in the missions of captain toad, and the most importantly wonderful addition, which is the two facts of the game Mario is completely independent. It is the addition of the Bowser's Fury game to the very huge world of cats, all of which confirms that it is a good bargain

Sorry for my language
  16. Feb 14, 2021
    I, like many others, didn't like 3d World when it first came out, but in retrospect, this game is great!

It's rather linear and restrictive when compared to the more open ended nature of the previous games, but that's not really a bad thing, because the game is filled to the brim with creative ideas and it's linearity allows it to channel it in a focused manner. Maybe it isn't as

Maybe it isn't as great as some of its predecessors, but it's never bad either. It's a consistent flow of inspired and creative platforming through a series of linear obstacle courses, and is almost 100% perfect in this regard.

If you didn't like this game at first, I'd encourage you to play Mario Odyssey first, and play this one after that. It helped me appreciate the game much more, and maybe it'll help you do the same.
  17. Feb 15, 2021
    I didn't had a wii U so I had never experienced Super Mario 3D World, but it's defenitly a must buy for Mario games fans. It's a hole new experience of the old 2D Mario formula with a new possibilities, worlds and mechanics. This game is even better in multiplayer, much funnier and gets really competitive since players can try to beat your highscore going all the way together. For me, isI didn't had a wii U so I had never experienced Super Mario 3D World, but it's defenitly a must buy for Mario games fans. It's a hole new experience of the old 2D Mario formula with a new possibilities, worlds and mechanics. This game is even better in multiplayer, much funnier and gets really competitive since players can try to beat your highscore going all the way together. For me, is a 9 out of 10. Maybe for someone that already played this on wii U it might be not all that fun but for newcomers like me, I recomend this 100%. Expand
  18. Feb 17, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great bundle from Nintendo. Not only do you get Super Mario 3D World re-released on the switch, which is a great new take on the old formula, but you get the new edition of Bowser's Fury. While Bowser's Fury is a short game (about 2-3 to beat and 4-6 to 100%) it is an instant classic. The edition of the "day and night cycle" that has Bowser being dormant during the day and him becoming a giant monster at night creates a wonderful dynamic that keeps you on your toes. The game plays completely different in each cycle, and the giant boss battles are quite fun. One of my favorite things about this bundle is the multiplayer. You can play with up to four people, which adds extra enjoyment in 100% the game, trying to beat each others scores, or just playing the base game. Bowser's Fury also has up to four players which is very nice, but the best part is the two player local play. The second player gets to play as Bowser Jr which is a great improvement upon Cappy. I found that Bowser Jr was vital to the game, and it made it that much better when someone was playing with me. There are only two flaws in this bundle. The first is how short Bowser's Fury is, and the second is one of the games is already released. But both of these are tiny issues. Bowser's Fury is re-playable and worth it just for the first playthrough, and the whole point was the re-release of Super Mario 3D World on the switch so I'm just glad they included a new title with it. 3D Mario World + Bowser's Fury is a great bundle that I will come back to time and time again. Thank you Nintendo for another classic installment. Expand
  19. Feb 18, 2021
    This is an Amazing game! I absolutely love each level, they are filled with unique ideas and charm. I have never owned a Wii U so I am extremely happy to be able to experience this game. Bowser’s fury is quite great as a bonus game, but to me personally Super Mario 3D World is the best out of both. I preferred the stars from this one than odyssey’s moons because I actually felt as if theyThis is an Amazing game! I absolutely love each level, they are filled with unique ideas and charm. I have never owned a Wii U so I am extremely happy to be able to experience this game. Bowser’s fury is quite great as a bonus game, but to me personally Super Mario 3D World is the best out of both. I preferred the stars from this one than odyssey’s moons because I actually felt as if they were attainable as their isn’t as much than the insane amount of moons in Odyssey. ( But that is just me ) also find this game much more appealing because of all the amazing playable characters that you can be- instead of just Mario. The multiplayer experience is awesome but it can sometimes get quite chaotic especially in the cake level with the red and blue switch blocks;). I love this game, you should try it and see all the amazing content that this game has to offer, the multiplayer but single player experience are phenomenal and fleshed out to give you hours of entertainment. A must buy and my favourite video game, I love Super Mario! Expand
  20. Feb 14, 2021
    This has stood the test of time. This game is a must buy for all Switch owners, ESPECIALLY anyone who missed it on the Wii U. The game is fantastic and I highly recommend it.
  21. Feb 13, 2021
    One of the Best games of Wii u comes to switch and it's amazing, My favorite Mario game
  22. Feb 15, 2021
    3D world is great, but Bowser's Fury comes along with a touch of creativity, of liberty if I say so myself.

This new mode is certainly short, but packed in great ideas. The difficulty is well balanced, and overall a great experience.

If you already played 3D World on the Wii.U, this is still a great game that you should replay !

...Great.
  23. Feb 13, 2021
    What can I say about a Mario game, the creativity in each level is unique, a game that never becomes repetitive. The inclusion of Bowser's Fury gives a different feel to the game that everyone already knew, besides being an interesting proposal for future Mario games.
  24. Feb 14, 2021
    Literally my favorite game of all time, not to mention one of the best Super Mario games of all time! This remake and Bowsers fury are true masterpieces.
  25. Feb 15, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World et Bowser's Fury sont un excellent mélange. Avec d'un côté un portage excellent, améliorant un platformer déjà excellent sur de nombreux points. Et de l'autre une vraie aventure originale rafraîchissement et à la proposition d’un gameplay étonnant. Cette réédition d'un des meilleurs opus de la saga s'affirme comme un véritable indispensable sur Nintendo Switch. Si tousSuper Mario 3D World et Bowser's Fury sont un excellent mélange. Avec d'un côté un portage excellent, améliorant un platformer déjà excellent sur de nombreux points. Et de l'autre une vraie aventure originale rafraîchissement et à la proposition d’un gameplay étonnant. Cette réédition d'un des meilleurs opus de la saga s'affirme comme un véritable indispensable sur Nintendo Switch. Si tous les portages Wii U ne se valent pas et que beaucoup ne justifient pas forcément de nouvel investissement à prix fort, Super Mario 3D World avec Bowser's Fury est l’un des meilleurs jeux de la machine à ce jour. Et qui sait, en fonction de la réception de Bowser's Fury, Nintendo y verra peut-être l'occasion de proposer à l'avenir une expérience complète et 100% inédite.

Plus de détail >> https://www.geekexperience.fr/jeux-video/avis/avis-super-mario-3d-world--bowsers-fury
  26. Feb 13, 2021
    One of the best games of Wii U now on Switch, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is one of the best Super Mario game in 3D in Switch, with online multiplayer and a great expansion: Bowser's Fury like Odyssey and 3D World
  27. Feb 18, 2021
    A great port of Super Mario 3D World! The characters and visuals move more quicker, a lot of new features and new mechanics that haven't been seen in the Original Wii U release. Also, the fact that this is the 5th 3D Mario game (3 if you count 3D All Stars as one game) to be on the Switch is also incredible. Bowser's Fury is a great mode too! It even feels like that it could be it's ownA great port of Super Mario 3D World! The characters and visuals move more quicker, a lot of new features and new mechanics that haven't been seen in the Original Wii U release. Also, the fact that this is the 5th 3D Mario game (3 if you count 3D All Stars as one game) to be on the Switch is also incredible. Bowser's Fury is a great mode too! It even feels like that it could be it's own separate game. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2021
    This game is a must buy, not only do you get the masterpiece that is Mario 3D World, you also get an entire new game with it. The gameplay may be more simplified then the other 3D Mario games but the level design is what the game is all about.
  29. Feb 14, 2021
    If you haven't played it 3d world is like a big expansion for 3d land that takes everything good from the 3ds game and amplifies it.

There is a ridiculous amount of content in 3d world, I'm pretty sure it has the most levels in a Mario game to date but what is more amazing is that no level feels the same, each one has a unique gimmick or theme and the game keeps this up until the end.

There's also 4 player co op which can be played online or local, one fun thing about co op that the highest scoring player gets a crown and the other players can try and steal it by knocking it off, its just dumb fun.

The music in general is fantastic. Nintendo always does a great job of remixing their classic tunes and 3d world is no exception, I particularly like the jazz rendition of the main theme and bowsers castle theme(go listen to them).

3d world is simply joy to play, sure it might not have the highly technical move sets of 64 or sunshine but that isn't necessarily a bad thing considering how easy it is to pick up and enjoy. It doesn't have the highpoints of Nintendo's greatest but its solid, all good from start to finish.
  30. Feb 14, 2021
    This is THE best Mario game I have played in a long time. I never got the opportunity to play it on the Wii U but always wanted to. Now, here it is 8 years later, with better resolution and a solid 60 fps. 3D World alone was worth the purchase, but the inclusion of Bowsers Fury made it even better. They could have just thrown the original game and I would have been happy! Bowsers Fury isThis is THE best Mario game I have played in a long time. I never got the opportunity to play it on the Wii U but always wanted to. Now, here it is 8 years later, with better resolution and a solid 60 fps. 3D World alone was worth the purchase, but the inclusion of Bowsers Fury made it even better. They could have just thrown the original game and I would have been happy! Bowsers Fury is massive and gorgeous, the music is amazing, and the feeling of being chased by Giga Bowser is exhilarating. They revamped movement speeds too! So the characters never feel sluggish. If you love Mario games and havent played this, go get it!! (PS, to the person who has only played the Wii U version and gave this a 6, you need to take yourself elsewhere unless you actually play THIS version. They are not the same and your review is invalid.) Expand
  31. Feb 15, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World on its own is an amazing game. With great level design and a wealth of new ideas and fun gimmicks in every level. With so many levels you would think they would repeat ideas but they don’t. Then after you beat the main game their are challenge worlds that are even more fun to beat. On top of all of this, they added one of the coolest things to come from a Mario GameSuper Mario 3D World on its own is an amazing game. With great level design and a wealth of new ideas and fun gimmicks in every level. With so many levels you would think they would repeat ideas but they don’t. Then after you beat the main game their are challenge worlds that are even more fun to beat. On top of all of this, they added one of the coolest things to come from a Mario Game since the Dragon Kingdom in Odyssey. In Bowsers Fury it’s a fun and new open world Mario experience with great challenge and fun. It’s a long experience too, it will take you 5 to 6 hours to fully complete it. I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good 3D platformer. Expand
  32. Feb 13, 2021
    Amazing! Bowser's Fury is my new favourite Mario's game! Beautiful graphics and the music is terrific!
  33. Feb 13, 2021
    Super fun and enjoyable game!

.................................................................................................,,,
  34. Feb 14, 2021
    I don't have the switch version but i had the wii u version, and i can say that Super Mario 3D World is incredible with the fun gameplay and nice art style, play with your friends is freaking awesome
  35. Rg-
    Feb 14, 2021
    A very fun adventure with a lot of creative level design. Its fun to play it alone or multi players up to 4 players You can run through the stages -collect the stars -collect the stamps -defeat bosses and mini bosses! Its really a very great game
  36. Feb 13, 2021
    Excelente arte, gameplay exquisito, buen online con 4 jugadores, y el modo bowsers Fury una delicia
  37. Feb 16, 2021
    The best 3D Game of Mario! The best 3D Game of Mario! The best 3D Game of Mario!
  38. Feb 14, 2021
    Mario 3D world demuestra aún a dia de hoy un excelente diseño de niveles muy dificil de superar, constantemente introduce nuevas mecánicas y desafios plataformeros, junto a una gran y creativa variedad de escenarios y una banda sonora que te hara sonreir al instante, es un juego redondo y magistral dentro de su género.
  39. Feb 13, 2021
    I highly recommend buying this game, it's a blast! It has appealing visuals and designs, and has plenty of stars and stamps to collect!
  40. Feb 14, 2021
    Me parece demasiado divertido, de hecho es casi top 1 de switch. Me parece increíble!!!!!
  41. Mar 3, 2021
    The base game 3D World is fantastic. Top notch mario in my opinion. And Bowser’s Fury BLEW ME AWAY! It exploded my expectations, it was something different, new, and kept me on my toes.. Hopefully it’s a hint at what’s to come next for 3D Mario.. because if they take Bowser’s fury which is Mario 3D world move set and power ups, placed in an open area.. and combine that with Odyssey’sThe base game 3D World is fantastic. Top notch mario in my opinion. And Bowser’s Fury BLEW ME AWAY! It exploded my expectations, it was something different, new, and kept me on my toes.. Hopefully it’s a hint at what’s to come next for 3D Mario.. because if they take Bowser’s fury which is Mario 3D world move set and power ups, placed in an open area.. and combine that with Odyssey’s worlds... I think that would be EPIC! I loved Odyssey but wished there was a 3D mario without the gimmicks.. Combine bowsers fury’s controls with odyssey worlds NINTENDO Expand
  42. Feb 15, 2021
    Bowser's Fury is a Mario Fans dream with a massive open Sandbox of a level to play in (Probably the size of five of the kingdoms from Odyssey rolled up into one.) And over 100 thought out Cat Shines to collect. It also puts the Platforming back in Sandbox Mario titles unlike Odyssey that was probably 90% Mindless Collectathon and 10% Platformer. Honestly one of the best Mario experiencesBowser's Fury is a Mario Fans dream with a massive open Sandbox of a level to play in (Probably the size of five of the kingdoms from Odyssey rolled up into one.) And over 100 thought out Cat Shines to collect. It also puts the Platforming back in Sandbox Mario titles unlike Odyssey that was probably 90% Mindless Collectathon and 10% Platformer. Honestly one of the best Mario experiences I've had in years. As for 3D world, they increased the running speed, added improvements to the game over all, and added a four player online mode for the entire game which is a big deal for Nintendo. There are also some new Captain Toad stages. Giving the Game a 9 because there is also a Death Counter that appears on the main menu of the game after you beat it as a way to say "Hey you beat the game but you died this many times!" To me that feels like a punishment over a reward, I don't want to be reminded of how many times I died in a game every time I boot up the start menu. Expand
  43. Jun 7, 2021
    I like this game Because it fixes any problem from the first game, and adds more content!
  44. Feb 13, 2021
    Muy divertido solo o en compañía de amigos.
    Bowser's Fury es una estupenda experiencia, para nada tan fácil como dicen algunos medios especializados. Los enfrentamientos con Bowser llegan a ser bastante desafiantes,...y por desgracia, también bastante repetitivos... Se exceden con estos encuentros .
  45. Feb 15, 2021
    bowser's fury is a lot of fun. reminds me of odyssey. worth buying even if you own 3D world on wii u
  46. Feb 13, 2021
    Nada más que decir el mejor juego de Mario en 3d que hay y mi hablar de la belleza del bowsers fury
  47. Feb 16, 2021
    While the Wii U was certainly some dark times for Nintendo, there’s no denying that the first party offerings were just as stellar as ever. You know that with how much of the system’s library has released on the Switch over the past 4 years with the latest being Mario's main 3D adventure on the system.

I remember covering the game back in 2013 and was generally impressed with what was on offer but ultimately the game felt like a step back from the series previous offering with Galaxy, but at that point Wii U owners were so starved for new titles we were more than happy to play it. The game centred around Bowser being a general nuisance and kidnapping the sprixies from the Sprixie Kingdom and it is up to Mario and friends to save the day, the game was the follow up to 3D Land on the 3DS, with many of the same features including a large number of powerups from the Tanooki suit to the brand new Cat Suit

Booting it up on Switch in 2021 does bring a sense of hindsight though, after playing through the HD ports of Sunshine, the original Galaxy and of course Odyssey these past few years, going back to 3D World feels almost archaic. Firstly, Mario's Moveset in this game is incredibly restrictive, as I was playing I was frequently wondering why Mario wasn't throwing his hat or even just twirling while he jumped, in fact Mario's jumps in this game feel incredibly floaty and inaccurate compared to other titles, it isn’t helped with the camera angles not giving me proper depth perception.

In terms of performance, it’s identical to the original version in regards to framerate, presentation-wise, It's pretty much a straight port of the Wii U version with the only motion controls being used to replicate the Gamepad touch moments, holding the shoulder button brings up a pointer that you use to interact with the built-in gyros. This is one time I would rather undock the game and just use the touch controls on the Switch’s gamepad.

While 3D World isn’t the most robust Mario title, it's far from being inferior introducing aspects like the Cat Suit, the adorable Captain Toad and of course 4 player multiplayer. The Switch version does expand on that with Online Co-op but we were unable to try that out at the time of this review

But the reason why we are all here is for the brand new expansion in "Bowser's Fury". While 3D World's camera controls and levels were fairly restrictive, Bowser's Fury is a full open world level similar to Odyssey, essentially forming a bridge between the two titles with it having the features of the newer iteration like just losing coins at death. Which begs the question why they even decided to keep the lives in the main game, one turtle exploit and several minutes of your time and you’ll have more lives than you know what to do with.

Falling down a black portal Mario finds himself in a brand new world with an angry giant Bowser and a worried Junior who needs your help calming his father down with the help of Cat Shines. While you can play as Bowser Jr in co-op, there is no way to play as him in single-player mode, he instead offers help in combat as well as holding onto multiple power-ups.

As Mario is completing numerous missions to collect cat shines like races or reuniting a poor crying cat with her kittens, Bowser will sometimes poke his head up, turn the sky all gloomy and rain destruction on you for like a minute. Honestly, this is more a hindrance than anything else before you unlock the new giant kitty bell and are just looking to collect the shinies.

While Bowser's Fury is an impressive addition to 3D World, it will barely clock in any more than 6 hours of playthrough which in this reviewers opinion, really doesn't justify double-dipping. I wouldn't say 3D World is an inferior Mario title but it is absolutely standing in the shadows of its bigger bros. But if you were one of the many who never purchased the Wii U version, 3D World with Bowser’s Fury does offer that classic Mario platforming fun, but I wouldn’t blame you if you pop in Odyssey right afterwards....
  48. Feb 15, 2021
    3D World is a lot of fun if not slightly too easy. Although similar to a lot of recent releases the challenge comes from finding all the collectables and the post game of which is fairly meaty. Bowsers Fury seems great for an add-on to an existing game and would definitely hope to see a full length take on this formula some day.

I would say if you're expecting a 64/Odyssey style game

I would say if you're expecting a 64/Odyssey style game you may be disappointed as for me 3D World is more of logical step from the 2D games rather than the other 3D titles.

My one real criticism would be sometimes it's difficult to judge where you're going to land your jumps.
  49. Feb 17, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is a nice treat for gamers all around. Originally released back in the golden days of the Wii U, Super Mario 3D World was a nice addition to the 3D Mario games. Another fun 4 player Mario experience for friends and families. Now with Bowser's Fury, the game is even better that its now also re-vamped for the Switch. Bowser's Fury is just more fun forSuper Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is a nice treat for gamers all around. Originally released back in the golden days of the Wii U, Super Mario 3D World was a nice addition to the 3D Mario games. Another fun 4 player Mario experience for friends and families. Now with Bowser's Fury, the game is even better that its now also re-vamped for the Switch. Bowser's Fury is just more fun for every player and returning veteran of the Mario series like myself. Definitely recommend playing! Expand
  50. Feb 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ame el juego de principio a fin el online funciona super bien y el Bowser fury lo mejor lo recomiendo y mucho. Expand
  51. UAL
    Feb 15, 2021
    By far the best Wii U port to make this switch. Currently playing the Switch version and its a blast! Buy it, Super Mario 3D World alone is worth £60 and Bowser’s Fury is just another reason as to why you should want to buy it even if you owned the game before on Wii U. Bowser’s Fury is just a fantastic experience and it is a great add on as to what is already a great game (its like DLCBy far the best Wii U port to make this switch. Currently playing the Switch version and its a blast! Buy it, Super Mario 3D World alone is worth £60 and Bowser’s Fury is just another reason as to why you should want to buy it even if you owned the game before on Wii U. Bowser’s Fury is just a fantastic experience and it is a great add on as to what is already a great game (its like DLC but the best kind). This game is a better example of what Wii U ports should be and Nintendo practically nailed it. Just one thing that needs improvement and may come in a major update or patch. The little bit of work on textures and material on both games as well as a 1080p60 enhancement for Bowser’s Fury when docked. Aside that , best game so far of 2032 (at least of the time when writing this its the best game of the year so far). And what a way to end Super Mario's 35th Anniversary as well. Expand
  52. Mar 15, 2021
    super mario 3d world is really fun to fisit again. and getting a extra game is even better bowser's fury is so mutch fun altho i wish there were like 4 more levels or so.i loved it. i really hope we will see more of this in the future.
  53. Feb 19, 2021
    I hadn't gotten to play Super Mario 3D World when it was on the Wii U, so my first experience with it has been on the Switch. If you're playing it by yourself, I would give 3D world a 7/10. It's a very solid mainline Mario title and I don't have much more to say about it. I'd give it an extra half point for an 8/10 if you're playing it with a few friends. Me and my daughter had a blastI hadn't gotten to play Super Mario 3D World when it was on the Wii U, so my first experience with it has been on the Switch. If you're playing it by yourself, I would give 3D world a 7/10. It's a very solid mainline Mario title and I don't have much more to say about it. I'd give it an extra half point for an 8/10 if you're playing it with a few friends. Me and my daughter had a blast playing it together. It's truly the multi-player options that set it apart.

Now, the 10/10 I've awarded to the game is purely due to Bowser's Fury, which, if it were expanded into a full fledged independent mainline Mario game, it would probably hands down become my favorite mainline Mario game in the entire series. This is exactly what I wanted Super Mario Odyssey to be. Its open level design is exquisite, it strikes a perfect balance between accessibility and challenge for younger players, and I desperately hope all of the ideas here are a mere pre-cursor to whatever Nintendo plans to do with Mario next. I can't begin to even describe what I wouldn't give to have an open level world exactly like Bowser's Fury to explore on the scale of Breath of the Wild. Bowser's Fury is literally everything I want out of mainline Mario titles going forward.
  54. Mar 26, 2021
    Like Videogamedunkey said, it is so much easier to appreciate 3D World now that Odyssey is out. What made this game disappointing back in 2013 is what makes it stand out from the rest of the series today. 3D World is simply put the purest 3D Mario game ever created (along with 3D Land). Mario is originally about going from point A to B, and that is exactly what 3D World provides, but in aLike Videogamedunkey said, it is so much easier to appreciate 3D World now that Odyssey is out. What made this game disappointing back in 2013 is what makes it stand out from the rest of the series today. 3D World is simply put the purest 3D Mario game ever created (along with 3D Land). Mario is originally about going from point A to B, and that is exactly what 3D World provides, but in a 3D environment.

I used to be very annoyed at the way that 3D World almost completely neglects the story/atmosphere/immersion factors from games like the Galaxies and Sunshine. But like I said previously, that simplicity and the focus on action is what makes 3D World distinct from every other 3D Mario. This is a game that goes straight to the beef: no cutscenes, no hub world, no level recycling, only jumping from new stage to new stage until the end. I love Mario games with atmosphere (like Galaxy) and exploration (like Odyssey), but sometimes you're just in the mood for something simple and straightforward like 3D World.

Having single, linear levels instead of ones that you re-visit allows for a very focused and refined level design. Stages in 3D World are elegant and simple, and they all follow the same formula: Introduce an idea, expand it, and finally twist it around. There's a good video by Game Maker's Toolkit that explains it properly. The difficulty is mostly low, but the game is very fun regardless. The final level probably is one of the hardest things to come out of a Nintendo game in my opinion.

Getting used to the controls can be a little tricky, and even after 50 hours between both versions, I'm still often miscalculating jumps and falling of cliffs because of depth-perception issues due to the fixed camera angles. One fantastic, game-changer tweak to this Switch port is the notable increase in the characters' movement speed, which almost makes this feel like a completely new experience (and a much more fun one). That was definitely a genius move by Nintendo.

Even though 3D World leans heavily on more generic themes and abstract, 'landmass floating in the middle of nothing' levels, that doesn't mean that effort and care wasn't put into the art direction of this game. It's certainly much better than the uninspired 3D Land in that regard. And the soundtrack takes a delightful jazzy turn, with plenty of bangers to enjoy.

And finally, there's Bowser's Fury. I could write an entire review for this mode, but I'll keep it short here. This mode is almost worth admission price by itself. It is so creative and exciting that it feels like a completely new Mario game, and not just an addition to 3D World. Bowser's Fury is probably the best marriage of open-ended exploration and tight, focused platforming that Mario has ever offered, and is certainly an amazing tease for what's to come for the series. Needless to say, it is a blast from start to finish, it is full of surprises, and it is honestly one of my favorite experiences I had with my Switch so far.

Score: 9.2
  55. Feb 14, 2021
    Que juegazo, nunca me compre una Nintendo Wii U, pero esa consola tenia joyas que nunca se me paso en la cabeza, lo vuelvo a repetir cada Mario que lanza Nintendo supera al anterior, si nunca lo jugaron en Nitendo Wii U y tienen una Nintendo Switch le recomiendo comprar este videojuego porque no se van a arrepentir este videojuego merece cada centavo
  56. Feb 23, 2021
    Todos los días juego una horita y la verdad que me lo paso que ni me doy cuenta. Es una juegazo, bueno 2 juegazos que entretienen lo que no está escrito. Muy recomendado.
  57. Feb 16, 2021
    The low skill floor and high skill ceiling makes this the perfect party or family game. I've 100% completed the game in the past on wiiU and look forward to doing it again on switch.

The amount of content you get is amazing, and (unlike a certain other Mario game) every star feels meaningful and special to get. There's some trickiness to the platforming caused by the 3D setting, but it's still incredibly well done and excellent to control.
  58. Feb 21, 2021
    It's Mario, so I guess you can already tell it will be amazing. One of the best 3D Mario games with very colorful and visually amazing stages, great controls and very good platforming variety from easy to challenging stages. On the top of it though, here comes Browser's Fury which is the most fun I had with an open world 3D platforming except Mario Oddysey even though it's not far at allIt's Mario, so I guess you can already tell it will be amazing. One of the best 3D Mario games with very colorful and visually amazing stages, great controls and very good platforming variety from easy to challenging stages. On the top of it though, here comes Browser's Fury which is the most fun I had with an open world 3D platforming except Mario Oddysey even though it's not far at all from its level, but it feels like a testing project which is going to be a game some day (without having any problems or bugs of course). I really loved the idea and I hope they make something more complete in the feature like a game itself because this one felt like a DLC. I believe it's a must play even if you have, or not, played it before. Expand
  59. Feb 20, 2021
    A really great game deserved to be visited or revisited by all generations.
  60. Feb 25, 2021
    Bowser's Fury is great! Just wish it was longer. And the orginal 3D World is just as fun as it was years ago.
  61. Feb 18, 2021
    this game is amazing , overall it's better than the wii u version and the bowser's furry is really fun open world game even though it's pretty short for a new content for the game itself, this game deserve higher score / better score than it should be (the wii u version is 93 on metacritic). so overall super mario 3d world + bowser's furry is an amazing game and this is one of the bestthis game is amazing , overall it's better than the wii u version and the bowser's furry is really fun open world game even though it's pretty short for a new content for the game itself, this game deserve higher score / better score than it should be (the wii u version is 93 on metacritic). so overall super mario 3d world + bowser's furry is an amazing game and this is one of the best mario game on nintendo switch. Expand
  62. Feb 21, 2021
    One of the best Wii U ports ever. This game is amazing and it's so good seeing this game with some bonus content added. You can even play with friends online or locally! Even though I partially completed this game on the Wii U, it was a great time. Now for Bowser's Fury, it's pretty amazing to see a game like odyssey being added as bonus content for the port. I mainly played solo for bothOne of the best Wii U ports ever. This game is amazing and it's so good seeing this game with some bonus content added. You can even play with friends online or locally! Even though I partially completed this game on the Wii U, it was a great time. Now for Bowser's Fury, it's pretty amazing to see a game like odyssey being added as bonus content for the port. I mainly played solo for both games but I still had a great time. After beating Super Mario 3D World and 100% Bowser's Fury, I can say that this is worth the 60$ price tag. Expand
  63. Feb 22, 2021
    Brilliant game, kept me engaged for many hours, and I haven't even started playing Bowser's fury yet!
  64. Mar 18, 2021
    I love Mario 3D games but this is definitely the weakest of the bunch. In short it's a 2D Mario game (which I'm much less keen on) in a 3D format. As a result it's a lot less fun than Galaxy or Odyssey.

However... Bowser's Fury is fantastic! What a great bonus game. Yes it's short (about 7-8 hours to finish everything) but it's a fresh twist on the 3D games. Plays like one giant end of game boss level. The full price tag is almost worth if for Fury alone.
  65. Mar 23, 2021
    This game is definitely one of Nintendo's better ports. You can actually tell that there's effort! There's online multiplayer, everyone is faster, and there's even a whole new game! It isn't perfect, especially with post-game content in both games, but I'd strongly recommend this game. It's really fun!
  66. Mar 28, 2021
    Its a Dam Good Game. Especially Bowsers Fury. But Its No Mario Odyssey. Bowser’s Fury is Kinda Like Odyssey tho but its very short.
  67. Aug 15, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World is my favorite Mario game to date. It's basically a classic Mario game but in 3D. Each level is linear (although also filled with secret spots) and this lets the game strike you with an incredible idea after another one in a continuous manner, (thanks also to the fast pace of the game and the shortness of the stages) making each course feel new.
    The new Odyssey moveset
    The new Odyssey moveset added in the port makes the whole game more fluid and adds a ton of possibilities, if you try to speedrun a level it helps you a lot. This is especially noticeable in the hardest stages. (I wish there were more of those because they feel very different from the rest of the game).
    Then you have the multiplayer, if you have at least a friend to play this game, then this game will turn into the physical manifestation of fun. Each player tries to compete for the most points and sabotages the others, but they also have to arrive to the goal in time of course, so the game turns into a very entertaining mix of cooperation and competitiveness. There's also a lot of "Mario Party **** especially because each of the characters has different properties to their movement, this may be subjective but I personally think it enhances the social experience a lot.
    The music is, as always, incredible and the art style is of course traditional, but it has a shine to it, I can't quite describe it but it looks very pretty, like luminous.
    The only problem I had with the game is that sometimes the depth perception is off and the camera is uncomfortable, but it's not a major deal.
    As for Browser's Fury, it's a fun, open world 1-player experience. But it's short, it was mostly made to sell the bundle, it's obviously a bonus experience more than its own game, so I wouldn't advice buying the pack just because of it.
  68. Feb 13, 2021
    The best 3d platformer ever made!!!!!
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bb,,,,, gggg
  69. Feb 22, 2021
    Uno de los mejores plataformas que he jugado, tanto en su concepto clásico (3D World) como en su innovador mundo abierto (Bowser's Fury). Es una doble experiencia que no te puedes perder si eres fan del fontanero de Nintendo
  70. Feb 23, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World was and still remains one of the best linear Mario games in history. Bowser's Fury is a short yet very fun mode filled to the brim with things to do and shows the future Mario games may look like.
  71. Mar 12, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World è un bel gioco, ma non è al livello degli altri Mario 3d del calibro di Mario64, galaxy o Odissey, sembra una versione più ispirata di New Super Mario Bros. Detto questo, rimane un buon gioco ma non è assolutamente il miglior platform 3d di sempre, ha molti livelli con buone idee, ma la bassa difficoltà e longevità degli stessi livelli li rende immediatamenteSuper Mario 3D World è un bel gioco, ma non è al livello degli altri Mario 3d del calibro di Mario64, galaxy o Odissey, sembra una versione più ispirata di New Super Mario Bros. Detto questo, rimane un buon gioco ma non è assolutamente il miglior platform 3d di sempre, ha molti livelli con buone idee, ma la bassa difficoltà e longevità degli stessi livelli li rende immediatamente dimenticabili. Bowser Fury invece è la vera sorpresa della cartuccia di gioco, per quanto sia una piccola espansione da 4 ore per il 3D World, l'ho trovato molto più divertente e creativo. Per tirare le somme, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser Fury è un buon pacchetto completo che mi ha divertito e sorpreso per diverse ore di gioco. Expand
  72. Mar 30, 2022
    I love this this game and everything about it. The graphics, gameplay and everything is good
  73. Mar 10, 2021
    Wow this is game is Awesome. I struggled playing Bower's fury.. But did I mention this game is Awesome.
  74. Mar 27, 2021
    SM3DW might not fit to every gamers taste due to the fact that it is less open than other 3D-Marios. However, I love this game and the focus on tight platforming bringing together the best of 2D- and 3D-Marios. If you accept its design and concept, you will get one of the best linear platforming games of all time and a convincing successor to Super Mario Bros 3.
  75. Feb 13, 2021
    8 years later and 3D World still isn't the best 3D Mario game, but it does its job at providing a fun experience for almost everyone who likes Jump & Runs. The game now runs at 60FPS in 1080p, the speed of the characters got optimized and Nintendo added an online multiplayer. Other than that it's pretty much the same compared to the original. Bowser's Fury, on the other hand, is a brand8 years later and 3D World still isn't the best 3D Mario game, but it does its job at providing a fun experience for almost everyone who likes Jump & Runs. The game now runs at 60FPS in 1080p, the speed of the characters got optimized and Nintendo added an online multiplayer. Other than that it's pretty much the same compared to the original. Bowser's Fury, on the other hand, is a brand new open world mini adventure which can be played seperately. It's really nothing special, there are some repetitive missions and sometimes the framerate is all over the place but it's still solid for what it is. Bowser's Fury took me 5hrs to complete while I was done with 3D World after around 12hrs. I don't think 60 bucks is an appropriate price for an 8 year old, 17hr long game but that's not the game's fault, it's just Nintendo's price policy.
    All in all, it's a short, but fun experience. There are definitely better 3D Mario games out there but Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is still one of the better Switch games. I'd give 8.5 if I could.
  76. Feb 21, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World, originally released in 2013 for Wii U, is still excellent, though the motion controls that have replaced the original's touch controls when playing on TV can get a bit awkward.

The Bowser's Fury side-story is generally great too, though Fury Bowser's interrupting of the gameplay tires fairly quickly.
  77. May 3, 2021
    Personalmente Super Mario 3D World es el Mario que más me gusta, su diseño de niveles cortos pero ingeniosos me encanta, me parece el más divertido, es retador si quieres completarlo, la variedad de personajes ayudan a que le des más versatilidad al juego y el multiplayer es excelente.

Bowser's Fury es casi perfecto, me encantó, el problema es que para ciertas Lunas necesitas esperar tiempo y eso se vuelve molesto, el tener Lunas por timing es de las peores decisiones de diseño para mi gusto, la duración me parece correcta, en cuanto a rendimiento tiene problemas, hay partes donde los FPS bajan de los 30 y es incómodo pero son pocos.
  78. Feb 16, 2021
    I thoroughly played the Wii U version so I'm coming at this as someone that double dipped. The 3D World port is pretty underwhelming but Bowser's Fury was far better and meatier than I expected, so I rate this collection pretty highly. Especially if you haven't played 3D World, this is a 10/10 must-play for Mario fans.

---3D World--- If you're unfamiliar, Mario 3D Land and 3D World are

---3D World---
    If you're unfamiliar, Mario 3D Land and 3D World are a mashup of 2D Mario's more linear levels and challenging platforming with 3D Mario's mechanics. Basically, Crash Bandicoot but Mario. 3D World is the sequel to 3D Land and was entirely built around 4-player co-op. It works great solo but is also a blast in multiplayer. I recommend 2 player if you have a friend that's dedicated to go through it with you. Personally, the game is a ton of fun but not a must-play. 3D Land was a great experiment and perfect for a portable but I and many other Mario fans view these games as a step backward from 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Odyssey. The coop is its saving grace.

With regard to the Switch port, they basically just upped the run speed. Many were hoping they'd add some new characters like Yoshi, Daisy, or Wario but that's not here. Similarly, this would have been a great opportunity to port the 3D Land levels into this engine but that didn't happen either, probably relegating 3D Land to the 3DS forever... So I'd say this port is pretty bare-bones.

---Bowser's Fury---
    The other half is a brand-new campaign, seemingly targeting people like me that prefer Odyssey/64 over the "3D" games. It uses 3D World's mechanics and powerups verbatim but it's a massive open world you explore and collect Cat-Shines (basically stars/moons from the other games). The map has a dozen large islands that serve as levels, with several shines each, but there's also shines scattered in between for a total of 100. This is the most open-ended Mario ever made and that absolutely elevates the game. It all works fantastically and is a great proof of concept for an open world Mario that will hopefully come in the future. My biggest gripe is that I just wanted more, though I understand it's just a side-campgain. I'd gladly pay full price for this game if it just had 3 more similar maps. It also feels like so many of the mechanics and enemies get almost no use. Often, a new mechanic from 3D World is introduced for a 60 second shine and is never seen from again.

While the structure is great, there are many good small touches too. Bowser Jr is your sidekick now and he can help you fight and platform. A 2nd player can take control of him, and while it's still pretty mindless, it is much much better than the coop in Galaxy and Odyssey, kind of like Tails in Sonic. Like Odyssey, lives are gone and Fury actually handles this much better. When you get 100 coins, the game gives you a powerup, which is a great incentive to collect coins. You can find all the powerups from 3D World (fire flower, cat suit, tanooki, etc.) and you can horde up to 5 of each. While I miss Cappy, this was a great way to incorporate the old-school powerups, while getting rid of lives. Each death is 1 less powerup, which kept me on my toes, even if the game wasn't that hard.

Lastly, is Fury Bowser. Every few minutes, a giant bowser will show up to harass you for a while as you explore the world. He'll go away if you find a shine (which are everywhere), if you fight him, or if you wait long enough. I've seen some people criticize this but I thought it did a great job of mixing things up. I wouldn't want this mechanic to be prevalent for an entire full Mario game but I like the idea of levels organically changing condition as you play. The only downside is that there are several shines you can only get when Bowser shows up. These are all lame, as you just have Bowser roast some bricks, and you'll have to wait around for Bowser to show up if these are the only shines you have left. I thought for sure the game would let you summon Bowser after you beat the story at 50/100 shines but this wasn't present. Similarly, I think a hard mode where Bowser is always present could have been awesome but that's also not present.

---Conclusion---
    Lastly, I will say I wish Nintendo had allowed people to buy Bowser's Fury separately for 20 dollars or so. I routinely feel screwed over for being one of the few people that bought a Wii U. That said, and regardless of some easy additions Nintendo could have made to 3D World and Bowser's Fury, this is still a very strong package for Switch. Most Switch ports have added 1 character and charged 60 dollars but Nintendo gave us an awesome new campaign that will last you 3-8 hours, and I'm already replaying it because it's so good. I know I'll play 3D World coop in the long run but I really bought this for Bowser's Fury and somehow wasn't disappointed. I've been aching for Odyssey 2 or DLC and this definitely scratched the itch.
  79. Mar 4, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is an excellent package that offers up a ton of classic Mario fun in two distinct adventures.

Super Mario 3D World is a brilliant, excitingly creative platformer that's just full of fun ideas. Each level experiments with a different concept and so the game feels refreshingly diverse as a result. It's an exceptionally polished title that's fun from

It's an exceptionally polished title that's fun from start to finish, and is even more enjoyable in co-op; up to three other players can join in at any time, and although this leads to a more chaotic experience, it was my preferred method of playing. The scoring system and the fact that you can pick up your comrades and throw them off the stage adds a slight competitive side to an otherwise co-operative adventure. My playthrough with my brother involved a lot of laughs and energy - this game is just perfect for co-op play.

There's a lot of content on this side of the package too, as it includes a great postgame that ramps up the difficulty somewhat, culminating in a final world that contains the most challenging levels in the game. I really enjoyed the challenge presented by the last couple of levels, as beating them was such a tense, rewarding time.

Bowser's Fury, the brand new appendage to 3D World, showcases more Nintendo creativity but in a very different format. The levels in this entry inhabit the same space which gradually unfolds as you progress. Really, it's an open-world, and although it's fairly small, it does have some nice verticality to it. Mario feels right at home here, and it's great to see the IP's signature brand of creativity extended to the structure of the game in addition to the level design.

Bowser's Fury is a pretty short game, but it leaves a lasting impression. During its runtime it establishes a concrete identity defined by its imagination, charm and its titular villain whose arrival is accompanied by awesome rock music, an outpouring of rain and the darkening of the sky. The fights against Bowser use the open-world to establish a grand sense of scale, and they're a highlight of the game for me. You can see the credits after just a few hours, but it's worth finding all of the 100 Cat Shines and seeing all the game has to offer.

One little nitpick I could levy against the game is that the Switch seems to struggle a bit with Bowser's Fury, running at 720p/60fps docked and 720p/30fps handheld. Neither are ideal, but it's not too bad. I played in docked and the game still looks good, albeit noticeably less crisp than 3D World. Another thing to note is that the 2 player mode is quite weak in this side of the game - the 2nd player controls Bowser Jr. and doesn't get much to do. The co-op play is closer to that found in Super Mario Odyssey than in 3D World.

All in all, I loved Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. It's a fantastic package full of great content, and not a bit of it fails to deliver the fun.
  80. Mar 3, 2021
    3D World is probably the best linear Mario game ever made and the level design is just incredibly creative and tight AF. Plus, it got a few little refinements that make it better than the Wii U version like increased running speed, a new Dive move etc. I've got a few gripes with this game, too, though, namely having to hold a button in order to be able to run, which makes zero sense in a3D World is probably the best linear Mario game ever made and the level design is just incredibly creative and tight AF. Plus, it got a few little refinements that make it better than the Wii U version like increased running speed, a new Dive move etc. I've got a few gripes with this game, too, though, namely having to hold a button in order to be able to run, which makes zero sense in a 3D platformer (already bugged me in 3D Land), and the fixed camera angles which can lead to some frustrating situations because sometimes they are just zoomed out so far that depth perception becomes a REAL issue.

Bowser's Fury is the real crown jewel here, though. It takes all the mechanics from 3D World and puts them into a HUGE open sandbox level. It certainly doesn't overstay its welcome, but the amount of ideas it manages to cram into a short 4-8 hour experience is absolutely staggering. THIS is why Mario is still standing as the king of 3D platformers after everybody else has faded away. And fighting Giga Bowser as a Giant Super Saiyan Cat Mario is just pure, silly awesomeness. The only problematic thing about BF can be the framerate, which REALLY dips down when there's rain and fire going on during the Bowser sections (c'mon Nintendo, don't be stingy, give us that Switch Pro already!).

So yeah, there you have it. Two great games in one package. If you have never played 3D World before, this is definitely worth your money. If you have played it on Wii U, only you can decide if a slightly better version of that game and a short, but amazing new experience are worth the price to you.
  81. Feb 26, 2021
    Nintendo knocked it out of the park, yet again, with Bowsers Fury. 3d World is a different story. I will review each game based on their individual merits because of their staunch differences.
    3D World
    3D World
    A good game. Not great. Not bad . Good. Graphics? Good. Level design? Good. Controls? Good. Music? I think you can guess. Playing by yourself is a good time but you'll want to play multi-player to get the full experience. I haven't tried the online multi-player so I don't know how much lag there is. A game worthy of your time for sure, but it pales in comparison to the legendary 3d marios such as Mario Galaxy or Mario Odyssey. 7/10
    Bowsers Fury
    This is what the future of mario should look like. The graphics are stunning at times (unless you're playing on handheld), the level design is fresh and intuitive, the controls feel like butter, and its more of an platforming collectathon. It feels like a mix of super Mario 64 and Mario 3d world itself, with a more open world feel. The only complaints I have would be the length(game is too short) and the fact that bowser can be a bit repetive showing up all the time. We NEED a full length version of this. 9/10
    I rated the game collectively as a 9/10 because of the experience Bowsers Fury provides and the fun time 3d world is when you've beaten Bowsers Fury and want more content. A definite must have for the switch that I was not expecting it to be.
  82. Aug 2, 2021
    2 games in one

2 games in one

Super Mario 3D World is a mix between elements of SM1, SM2, SM3 & SMW, adding the 3D perspective. I have never played the WII-U version, but this one is worth playing. As pros have the level design and the back of more linear levels, the Captain Toad levels are pretty fun too. As for cons, the lack of difficulty and control when you try to jump in diagonal with a very bad camera angle. 7/10

Bowser's Fury: This game is an awesome addition. It takes all SM3DW elements and turn them into a sandbox open-world game. Camera angles and movements were improved, the games do a very good job motivating the gamer to explore. Sadly, a very short game. I would like to have a longer version of this game 8/10
  83. Apr 16, 2021
    Second best mario game imo, the first one being Odessy. I enjoyed it so much that i finished the game + bowsers fury in 2 days. And for some1 that plays it for the first time is unforgettable experience. The graphics are amazing on handheld the music is phenomenal too.
  84. May 25, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is a double pack of absolute joy. As an updated wonderful return to a modern day classic, 3D World on Switch was fantastic to go back to and play again with quality of life improvements and so much fun that I felt motivated to actually reach the hidden world and finish it this time. I had forgotten just how much love and thought went into that game asSuper Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is a double pack of absolute joy. As an updated wonderful return to a modern day classic, 3D World on Switch was fantastic to go back to and play again with quality of life improvements and so much fun that I felt motivated to actually reach the hidden world and finish it this time. I had forgotten just how much love and thought went into that game as Nintendo clearly wanted to make something new and fantastic, and it definitely earns it's spot as the 4th 'main' 3D Mario game. As if that wasn't enough, an entire new game is added on in Bowser's Fury which feels like a hybrid of 3D World and Odyssey. You explore a beautiful lake, where everything including the enemies and environments are themed like cats, collecting shines and constantly fighting off Bowser when he wakes up angry all in a 3D sandbox environment. One of my favorite elements of this is when you're attempting a challenge, Bowser can wake up and begin attacking you, adding in a new rush and sense of danger. The reuse of assets was perfectly done as you feel almost like you're playing a sequel to 3D World, because it captures that same feeling yet at the same time gives you something entirely new.

With this fun new additional game added to an already existing great one, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury definitely becomes a perfect package with dozens of hours you can sink into it to have the time of your life, especially if you have a Player 2.
  85. Feb 28, 2021
    One of the most well polished games I've ever played, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is tuned to near perfection. The main game has aged incredibly, and the new movement options and overall increase in running speed makes the gameplay feel better than ever before. The music is supremely catchy and memorable, and the visuals are immaculately refined. The level designs are variedOne of the most well polished games I've ever played, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is tuned to near perfection. The main game has aged incredibly, and the new movement options and overall increase in running speed makes the gameplay feel better than ever before. The music is supremely catchy and memorable, and the visuals are immaculately refined. The level designs are varied and feature interesting and fun mechanics which are introduced and reused expertly. The multiplayer, while slightly frustrating at times, can be a joy with the right crowd; but the game works just as well, if not better, as a singleplayer experience. Bowser's Fury is really quite a substantial addition, which stands on it's own as a phenomenal game. It's the first 3D Mario game to take place entirely in a single interconnected main world, and provides an exciting look into what future games in the series might be like. I have no real complaints of any kind with either of the campaigns, both left me utterly delighted. Expand
  86. Aug 7, 2021
    Perfect.
    I love to play again on Switch. Enjoyed that every new level
  87. Feb 28, 2021
    So I never played the original on the Wii U so when this came out I figured I’ll give it a chance. The game is simply amazing. Bowser’s Fury is literally GTA but in the Marino Universe. It’s super challenging while engaging you to use your different powers. This is a must!
  88. Feb 22, 2021
    Juego divertidísimo y recomendable.
  89. Feb 26, 2021
    Loved this game so much and the extra content maybe short but is definitely one of the highlights of this game
  90. Mar 22, 2021
    Mario at his best. Fun addictive gameplay. Easy to learn hard to master. This game question isn't if you will play, more of a matter of time till you play.
  91. Feb 19, 2021
    Pues ser el mejor Súper Mario, las mejoras de velocidad frente a U, y la fluidez es espectacular. Cada mundo una mecánica, sin repetir, sin aburrir nunca.
  92. Sep 5, 2021
    A really cool super mario game.

Positive :
    - no bugs
    - nice graphics for switch
    - fluid
    - a lot of hours of game to finish it at 100% !

- Maniability is a bit horrible sometimes
  93. May 12, 2021
    The Basic 3d World Game is Pretty fun Just like the original 3d world on the WII-U. the only big change is the levels that required the WII-U gamepad have been changed so the platforms come automatically, I think that the change is good because it doesn't make the levels be cut out. the game itself is very fun and innovative every new level feels like a new adventure.
    the browsers fury
    the browsers fury part is a brand new addition to the Mario 3d world, when the Mario 3d world part is more like a 2d Mario stretch to 3d (it's very fun to play) is the browser fury part more like an open-world that every time you fight bowser and defeat him you unlock a new part to the world that you can explore and get more shine sprites to fight bowser again and explore another island
    I really like the game and I recommend it to anyone that wants to play a Mario game a new and an old one.
  94. Feb 16, 2021
    The best 3D Mario ever? It could very well have been, had it not been for the very odd decision of including a white Tanooki suit on every level (after looding 5 lives), making it literally impossible to die - except from falls. What a shame that this has not been removed from the Switch version.
  95. Feb 16, 2021
    Sérieusement, le contenu est de qualité de A à Z. En jeux de plateforme Nintendo n'a plus rien à prouver. Le jeu de base est déjà génial et bien rempli (et la fonction online est top), mais a lui tout seul Bowser Fury mérite le détour. Assez incroyable pour un jeu qui a 7ans.
  96. Feb 21, 2021
    First off, if you played 3D world on the WiiU, I'm not sure this game has enough value to justify $60. I didn't have a WiiU, so this is a first time experience for me.

3D land is, in a word, nice. The levels are short and don't overstay their welcome. Before you can get bored with a gimmick, they move you along to something else to keep the game fresh. The Toad treasure levels also serve to break up the platforming levels and honestly I liked them. Simple, but fun.
    3D world is pretty short, don't expect a huge game. You can probably finish both 3D world and Bowser's Fury in about 10-15 hours if you aren't going for 100%. Maybe 20-25 if you 100% 3D world, Bowser's Fury is very short.

Similar to 3D world, Bowser's Fury uses the same mechanics in an "open world" setting. It's fun, and the short challenges are well integrated into the world - You can just keep going, as opposed to the level/challenge based structure of 3D world. I enjoyed Bowser's Fury. Nothing surprising, but quality and consistent gameplay are there.

It should go without saying, it's a Nintendo game and as such is highly polished. You won't run it crashes or game breaking bugs. Bowser's Fury does suffer a bit in the framerate and performance categories - especially later - But not enough to take away, and it's over by then anyways. Solid content, great fun in multiplayer as well. Stock Mario game, which means solid, well-designed, creative levels and a known quantity. Worth it if you missed it the first time around. Skip it if you played it on the WiiU.
  97. Jun 20, 2021
    personally i enjoyed this game (2 games) very much it's another excellent addition to Nintendo switch, SM3W + bowser's fury is a great game in every way possible,
  98. Mar 2, 2021
    This is probably a bit unfair but because I already played it to death on the WiiU, it lowers the score a bit. Don’t get me wrong it’s a amazing game still and I highly recommended it but because I’ve already experienced the game it’s just not the same for me, I have a rough idea where most of the stamps and green stars are which makes it feel a lot less world like. However bowsers fury isThis is probably a bit unfair but because I already played it to death on the WiiU, it lowers the score a bit. Don’t get me wrong it’s a amazing game still and I highly recommended it but because I’ve already experienced the game it’s just not the same for me, I have a rough idea where most of the stamps and green stars are which makes it feel a lot less world like. However bowsers fury is a great and new experience, admittedly it’s a bit on the short side but I found enjoyment out of it. Expand
  99. Feb 22, 2021
    It‘s Super Mario 3D World! With friends or alone it makes pretty much fun. Bowsers Fury is also good Mode. It‘s very funny, that all enemys have catelements. A must buy.
  100. Feb 15, 2021
    Nintendo flexes its creative muscles (even for a re-release) on this fantastic entry with everyone's favorite mustachioed plumber. Though the base game doesn't match the grandeur of Odyssey, it makes up for it in spades when it comes to level variety and gameplay.

Though Bowser's Fury clocks in at about a six hours, this should serve as framework for Nintendo's inevitable next entry in the Mario franchise as it works well within the context of this universe. While the game definitely respects it's players time, it's shorter length and smaller scope may disappoint those who played 2017's Odyssey; especially as a majority of Switch owners never played it. Those who do pick it up, regardless of predisposition, will undoubtedly approve of their investment even after the credits roll.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 122 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Oct 22, 2021
    An outstanding display of prowess by the development team we know and love. The combination of 3D World and Bowser’s Fury is an absolute bundle of joy. [Issue #3, p.49]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 12, 2021
    Super Mario Odyssey is still the best Mario game, but that doesn’t change the fact that 3D World is up there among the best platformers ever made. So is Bowser’s Fury, a game much smaller in scale but still phenomenal. [04/2021, p.40]
  3. Nintendo Force Magazine
    May 17, 2021
    This combo package is unskippable. All Switch owners: Own this! [Issue #51 – March/April 2021, p. 69]