7.8

1. Nov 2, 2019
    While there are some aspects that I enjoyed, such as the core mechanics of puzzle solving and explorations and the game’s visuals, I do wish there was more emphasis on a coherent story or goal and more noticeable music. And I truly wish I didn’t have to deal with the obnoxious touch controls. I’m going to give this game a shot on my PC or phone, but for now, I’m going to judge myWhile there are some aspects that I enjoyed, such as the core mechanics of puzzle solving and explorations and the game’s visuals, I do wish there was more emphasis on a coherent story or goal and more noticeable music. And I truly wish I didn’t have to deal with the obnoxious touch controls. I’m going to give this game a shot on my PC or phone, but for now, I’m going to judge my experience on the Nintendo Switch port. If you like games like Myst or The Witness, you might want to give Eyes of Ara a shot, but I suggest playing on a different platform or waiting for the touch pen accessory. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 16, 2019
    For those who don't care much about storytelling and are wondering if this makes for a great puzzle title, well, the plot and the puzzles are intrinsically linked - finding the answers to a puzzle may depend on whether the technician read a specific journal entry that seemed otherwise unrelated to anything. However, applying oneself to this world is ultimately a rewarding experience, and puzzle-lovers will find plenty to enjoy in terms of solving these challenges.
  2. Oct 29, 2019
    To sum it up, The Eyes of Ara is a solid point-and-click adventure with plenty of mystery and intrigue to keep you interested.
    Eyes of Ara is an excellent point-and-click adventure that gets bogged down in its final moments. Up until then, progress is smooth with excellently designed and balanced puzzles throughout. The docked controls are functional but handheld play is where Eyes of Ara really shines. If you’re part of the ever more niche crowd who still enjoys clicking their way through a complex environment, reading journals, and solving deep puzzles, Eyes of Ara ought to satisfy.