8.6

1. Mar 3, 2017
    Metacritic needs to step up their game and remove all these nasty, rude 0 scores that are being made with the intention of lowering a game they havent even touched yet. I play video games on the regular, so I dont believe there needs to be an issue. I dont go around leaving bad reviews of things I have left untouched. That is not how you should treat anything. I will not bring much out onMetacritic needs to step up their game and remove all these nasty, rude 0 scores that are being made with the intention of lowering a game they havent even touched yet. I play video games on the regular, so I dont believe there needs to be an issue. I dont go around leaving bad reviews of things I have left untouched. That is not how you should treat anything. I will not bring much out on Horizon Zero Dawn here, as I have yet to play it, and will get to it eventually. That game looks freaking awesome.

With that out of the way, lets get into the real topic here. The legen of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece! I've waited five years for this game and throughout each delay, i knew it would be worth it. Sure, the conventions may have been broken and we have a new layoit for the Zelda series, bt Breath of the Wild is in every way, the way Zelda was supposed to play from the beginning. The gameplay is astonishing, the voice acting is not problematic, and the story is quite the thing to unfold. I understand that there are fears in this games huge open world, but fret not, its full of so many things to do. From the beginning the Breath of the Wild was always focused on this expansive open world. It doesnt force exploration, rather it encourages exploration. In fact, you have many open choices from the beginning. You can go face the final boss right from the start if you feel so inclined to.

Breath of the Wild is a true thing of beauty and is worth anyone's time. We only get so many games like this every once in a blue moon. With all that in mind, Breath of the Wild deserves a true 10/10.
  2. Mar 3, 2017
    Epic!
    This is in fact, the true legend! Big, emotional, there's so much to do in this new Hyrule. You'll have fun getting lost!
    Maybe the best game ever made.
  3. Mar 3, 2017
    Without words, a beautiful game.Dign of the Goty. have played several open worlds and I thought the ones that were to come would be something more common but this game has left my mouth open. In a nutshell, use the qualities of other open worlds and the improvements adding their nintendo touch.
  4. Mar 3, 2017
    Perfect , jogo belíssimo melhor jogo do the legend of zelda.
    melhor trilha sonora
    as mecânicas estão muito boas
    os puzzles estão muito divertidos
    adorei.
  5. Mar 3, 2017
    I'm absolutely blown away. Games like this come once every decade. Everything we had hoped for and more. I was very concerned at first, as Nintendo kept delaying the game. But damn was the delay worth the finished product. An incredible and immersive open world. Funny, lovable characters. Excellent combat. I'm about 6 hours in and the game is starting to get quite difficult. You'll noticeI'm absolutely blown away. Games like this come once every decade. Everything we had hoped for and more. I was very concerned at first, as Nintendo kept delaying the game. But damn was the delay worth the finished product. An incredible and immersive open world. Funny, lovable characters. Excellent combat. I'm about 6 hours in and the game is starting to get quite difficult. You'll notice this once you can leave the Plateau and are given free reign to travel wherever you want. I got absolutely wiped out by the Guardians patrolling the field in front of the castle. I'm gonna explore the world more and more, before committing myself to the main quest. I really love how this game gives you freedom that is lacking in most open world titles. I don't think that I've been this struck in awe since the days of Ocarina of Time on N64. Bravo Nintendo! Way to prove that you guys are still the best in the business. I give this is absolute 10/10. A perfect game for the greatest video game franchise of all time. Expand
    Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely worthy of the praise it's been getting. I wouldn't even call myself a "Zelda fan". I've never played (only watched) any of the other 3D games, and I've only played two of the 2D games (Awakening and Minish Cap). With that being said, I'm rating this on the basis of it being a *video game*, not a "Zelda" game.

So far, it's incredible. They drop you into this world filled with

So far, it's incredible. They drop you into this world filled with life and questions and places to explore. You can tackle and single instance the way you want to. Just from the size and activities to do in the first zone, I can tell this is going to be a very long adventure.

It looks beautiful, it SOUNDS beautiful (man, all the footstep noises and weapon clinks and detailed sounds are amazing), it feels great to play and it feels open. The only thing to say negative about it is, of course, the frame drops. But that alone is certainly not worth docking a point for. (Especially when the other big brand consoles can't even achieve 1080p@30fps with their current games.)

Worth your time, regardless of whether you are a "Zelda fan" or not.
  7. Mar 3, 2017
    Most of the Negative user score are really misinformed about this game, This is truly a gem of its own and very few games have this kind of gem planted most of the developers know what i'm talking about and there is without saying so much hard work put into this its incredible this is probably one of the best game I've ever played.
  8. Mar 3, 2017
    Exploracion masiva, la musica, la duración, las mecanicas, la historia y lo mas importante, la diversión que este Zelda no se puede comparar con nada en los últimos años
  9. Mar 3, 2017
    This is my 1st Zelda game and this is my first Nintendo. I am amazed, the world is NOT empty. It is filled with puzzled enemy encounters. Just an example - there is a tough enemy surrounded by easier mobs in the skeleton-head like cave in the very beginning. If you try to kill them all you'll probably end up ripped apart. You can sneak and kill 1 or 2 enemies but not all of them. You canThis is my 1st Zelda game and this is my first Nintendo. I am amazed, the world is NOT empty. It is filled with puzzled enemy encounters. Just an example - there is a tough enemy surrounded by easier mobs in the skeleton-head like cave in the very beginning. If you try to kill them all you'll probably end up ripped apart. You can sneak and kill 1 or 2 enemies but not all of them. You can see explosives inside the cave also but how to detonate them if you don't have any fire arrows? There are couple ways: there is a bonfire nearby and you can fire your arrows and shot the explosives or you can see a fire lamp right inside the cave and you can shot it down with regular arrows. There are so many different ways to accomplish the things and you feel extrimely satisfied when you find out the right way!

Atmosphere, battle, controlls, I like everything so far.
  10. Mar 3, 2017
    Ignore the Sony and Microsoft fanboys coming on here to rate it 0 to put the user score down. (Kiryu1120)

This game is a MARTERPIECE. GO PLAY, NOW.
  11. Mar 3, 2017
    This is probably the best game ever made.

And without any question this is a best open-world game ever made.

To be honest, I did not expect from Nintendo such high level in design.
  12. Apr 13, 2017
    Amazing in every way... Nintendo have brought back the Zelda magic from old. A must have for Nintendo/Zelda Fans. The art work and open world is just what the franchise needed to revitalise the appeal for long time Zelda players. Hats off to Nintendo. I find it hard to believe that some people on here feel the need to give it a 0... Obviously just trolls trying to bring the score down... tut tut
  13. Sep 2, 2017
    There are so many "oh cool" moments. Its a lot of fun. The story is shallow and lacking which is a shame considering the lore they have to work with. Hopefully the expansion pass will add a lot of gameplay.
  14. Mar 3, 2017
    The user-score is clearly being downvoted with "0/10 scores" by Xbox, Playstation and PC fanboys. Breath of the Wild is the fourth highest rated game (by critics) EVER. Stop reading reviews and get the game. It's clearly NOT a "0/10". The game is a masterpiece and some people are just salty because this game is exclusive for Nintendo platforms.
  15. Mar 3, 2017
    The best game ever!

This is no doubt one of the greatest games ever made, and one of the best launch titles of any console ever. It has amazing graphics, world design, story, quests, controls, and must i say more, it is LOZ after all.
  16. Mar 3, 2017
    Incredibly Stylized and Gorgeous Graphics, Memorable Soundtrack, and enough to do literally everywhere that I actually enjoyed doing side quests (FOR ONCE!). Breath of The Wild deserves all of the praise it is getting - and more.
  17. Mar 3, 2017
    Everything in this game is just brilliant and amazing. I've played it for the past day and I just love exploring the map. There's so much to do!

One of my favorite things to do is to slide on my shield and flying off ledges
  18. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is probably one of the games that will never die; it seems timeless. Nintendo for sure know how to get their fans excited, and it is never disappointing.
  19. Mar 3, 2017
    Amazing game with a great soundtrack. Truly was worth the wait. Epic while still keeping the elements from previous Zelda games. Sure to be a classic.
  20. Mar 3, 2017
    If you don't like framerate drops, play the Plateau on handheld mode, because the drops are constant and considerable. Other than that, this game is wonderful. The controls, the mechanics, the HUGE world there is to roam around in. There is so much to do, so many different enemies, tools, shields, weapons, dungeons, characters, the wildlife is unmached from any other game. I haven'tIf you don't like framerate drops, play the Plateau on handheld mode, because the drops are constant and considerable. Other than that, this game is wonderful. The controls, the mechanics, the HUGE world there is to roam around in. There is so much to do, so many different enemies, tools, shields, weapons, dungeons, characters, the wildlife is unmached from any other game. I haven't finished the game but I have not put it down for long since I got it. Expand
  21. Mar 4, 2017
    Arguably the best Zelda game of all time and certainly the best game of 2017... Even though the year has just begun. This game has an amazing art style and an incredible soundtrack. The combat is actually really fun and has its own unique style. Breath of the Wild is sort of a "breath of fresh air" but still has that Zelda feel. 10/10
  22. Mar 3, 2017
    A return to form for one of the most beloved franchise in video game history. The open world is stunning, interesting and entertaining. Probably the best Zelda ever and maybe the best game ever.
  23. Mar 3, 2017
    Una obra maestra, un juego que tienes muchas cosas novedosas que aportar al mundo de los juegos, llevo 6 horas jugando y que puedo decir una obra maestra, definitivamente sera nominado a GOTY 2017 y no me extrañaría que lo ganara, este juego debes jugarlo una vez en tu vida como mínimo.
  24. Mar 3, 2017
    Thank you Nintendo, this Zelda is just awesome! I have been waiting so long to play it and today is finally the day. Looking forward for the next titles!
  25. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolute phenomenal game.
    The beauty, the freedom, the sheer scale of the world and the connective and interactive states of all its elements.
    The Zelda playbook was ripped up and restarted. The new benchmark for openworld games has arrived.

A sheer joy to behold for anyone.
  26. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is a solid 10.
    Im not even a nintendrone but, since i saw the first trailer i knew that this zelda was amazing, best game of the decade and probably, best game of all time.
    In order to make this review, i sold my gaming PC and my car, i buyed the switch and the game with the 20 dll season pass. Pros: -Perfect story timing -natural and organic ambientation, a lot of trees
    This game is a solid 10.

Pros:
    -Perfect story timing
    -natural and organic ambientation, a lot of trees
    -Incredible consistant and solid gameplay, with game mechanics that gives the player total freedom to go across the Stupidly big map of Hyrule.
    -sometimes, the framerate dropped to 20 fps, giving a more cinematic experience
    -Human and deep characters
    -Good IA

Bad things:
    -nothing

I rated this game with a 7/10, until i realized that the game have donkeys.
    I LOVE DONKEY SHOW TIJUANA REFERENCES IN VIDEOGAMES.

SOLID 10/10
    Best game of all time
  27. Mar 3, 2017
    I'm just here to counter balance the salty sony fanboys spamming zeros.
    You can even check their accounts to see most of them gave deir pwecious zelda killa a 10/10.
    Pretty sad.
  28. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is everything you could want from both a Zelda game or an open world game. Everything it tries to do it does successfully and is a step in the right direction for open world games. The combat is simple enough that anyone can pick up and play, while also being challenging because of aspects like weapon degradation and perfect dodges. The puzzles are complex but never impossibleThis game is everything you could want from both a Zelda game or an open world game. Everything it tries to do it does successfully and is a step in the right direction for open world games. The combat is simple enough that anyone can pick up and play, while also being challenging because of aspects like weapon degradation and perfect dodges. The puzzles are complex but never impossible because the game gives you all the tools you need for them right off the bat. The game looks fantastic but does have some draw distance issues. I could go on and on about the other aspects of the game but there is no point, you should play it yourself to discover what it has to offer. The game gives complete freedom to the player and despite having some performance issues the rest of the game is good enough to make up for it. It's obviously not perfect, but it is as close to perfect as you can possibly have an open world game be. Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2017
    An absolute masterpiece. This game will change your life, and how you look at video games forever. The Nintendo magic is here in full force, and they've outdone themselves, and truly cemented themselves as the greatest developer of all time.

Perfection.
  30. Mar 3, 2017
    Целое поколение консолей миновало и наконец мы дождались ее - новую часть Зельды! Пока была возможность поиграть только в wii u версию версию, но и ей я разочарован не был
  31. Mar 3, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really dont know what the negative is about... if its just Nintendo hating or they dont know what a good Game is about. This game defines **** open wordl NEW. Evereything you have explore YOURSELF and you get no hints on the map as in every other open world game. EVERYTHING you can explore feels like a little puzzlepiece which fits in the whole world and the story. EVERYTHING feels connected and the old feels like it is trukle ONE connected world. its just incredible. If you just want good Graphics and run through a game not paying attention to details, well its your fault and you do not deserve playing this wonderful MASTERPIECE Expand
  32. Mar 3, 2017
    Uma renovação incrível... Nunca imaginei que Zelda combinaria tanto com o mundo aberto :D sem palavras para descrever o quam incrível é The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
  33. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is fantastic. Just play it and you will remember it for the rest of your life. The music are amazing. The gameplay is amazing. And there is so much to do, even after the 50 hour campaign
  34. Mar 3, 2017
    With "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild" Nintendo has caught a bolt of lightning in a bottle. This is not only one of the finest video games to have ever emerged, but it's a timeless, spotless pyramid of gold, an exceptional, immaculate work of art that both surpasses every Nintendo game made before it and is destined to be the greatest game on both of the consoles it was producedWith "The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild" Nintendo has caught a bolt of lightning in a bottle. This is not only one of the finest video games to have ever emerged, but it's a timeless, spotless pyramid of gold, an exceptional, immaculate work of art that both surpasses every Nintendo game made before it and is destined to be the greatest game on both of the consoles it was produced for. As if it were woven together by the hands of a deity watching over the distant stars, Breath Of The Wild sends you soaring - and its divine magic will stay within your heart for the rest of your life. Expand
  35. Mar 4, 2017
    This is my first zelda, I only had time to play 2 hours more or less and I already love it.

I works really great on switch, maybe a little worst on tv mode, but not much worst.

LET'S MAKE HYRULE GREAT AGAIN!
  36. Mar 3, 2017
    This is the best Zelda game made stuning openword, Gameplay, artystyle, story, nintendo has done again
    since 1998 Ocarina of time i dont play a game like this

buy now this is a masterpice game
  37. Mar 3, 2017
    No es normal que los trolls tengan tanta libertad para desvirtuar buenos juegos, ya sea este o horizon zero dawn. Y eso es un problema que tiene metacritic, que puede votar hasta un simio con retraso mental.
  38. Mar 3, 2017
    Muy buen juego. Excelentes gráficos y excelente calidad de sonido. Soy un fan de la saga Zelda y, sin duda alguna, este luego se merece un 10 debido al trabajo que hizo el equipo de Aonuma.
  39. Mar 3, 2017
  40. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo did it again. They created another legendary game. I can't even put to words how amazing this title is. They finally modernized one of the most legendary series of all time. The new inventory system is a bit annoying at first, but you get used to finding new weapons. I've noticed literally no frame drops, and I just updated to the latest software. I've been playing in docked mode,Nintendo did it again. They created another legendary game. I can't even put to words how amazing this title is. They finally modernized one of the most legendary series of all time. The new inventory system is a bit annoying at first, but you get used to finding new weapons. I've noticed literally no frame drops, and I just updated to the latest software. I've been playing in docked mode, but cannot wait to take this on the go. I love the Studio Ghibli vibe of this game. 10/10. Ignore the Sony fanboys downvoting this game like Awoogirl. Look at the critic store. This game is a masterpiece. Thank you Nintendo. Than you Iwata. Expand
  41. Apr 6, 2018
    The term glass cannon comes to mind when playing this game–as well as tedium. Before I go into the shortcomings of this game let me just say that this is one of the best Hyrule universes that I have been able to experience in a Zelda game… Now, with that said, it seems that for everything that could have been amazing about this game is then dialed back a few notches with some strangeThe term glass cannon comes to mind when playing this game–as well as tedium. Before I go into the shortcomings of this game let me just say that this is one of the best Hyrule universes that I have been able to experience in a Zelda game… Now, with that said, it seems that for everything that could have been amazing about this game is then dialed back a few notches with some strange in-game mechanic choices…
    Creating fake difficulties with cheap game design, like enemies that give you forever and a day to hit them only to be hindered with your porcelain weapons constantly breaking all the time… Dialog choices that don’t lead to different outcomes (like the damn paraglider tasks). And a little green doughnut that is fighting hard to become even more notable than the tri-force…
    So, to sum up my opinion, Breath of the Wild is a great game that takes three steps forward but two back as with features that do not really add to the game’s difficulty or enjoyability as much as attempt to pad the amount of time spent playing it.
  42. Mar 3, 2017
    I´ve played games all my life and I´ve never seen a game so close to perfection, this is definitly the best masterpiece Nintendo has done since "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time", since i was little my favorite games were Ocarina of Time, Mayora´s Mask & the Kingdom Hearts series, and back then I though no other game could beat them until I played Breath of the Wild. This is definitelyI´ve played games all my life and I´ve never seen a game so close to perfection, this is definitly the best masterpiece Nintendo has done since "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time", since i was little my favorite games were Ocarina of Time, Mayora´s Mask & the Kingdom Hearts series, and back then I though no other game could beat them until I played Breath of the Wild. This is definitely the best game ever in my book Expand
  43. Mar 3, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterclass in open-world design and a watershed game that reinvents a 30-year-old franchise. It presents a wonderful sandbox full of mystery, dangling dozens upon dozens of tantalizing things in front of you that just beg to be explored. I’ve had so many adventures in Breath of the Wild, and each one has a unique story behind what led me toThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterclass in open-world design and a watershed game that reinvents a 30-year-old franchise. It presents a wonderful sandbox full of mystery, dangling dozens upon dozens of tantalizing things in front of you that just beg to be explored. I’ve had so many adventures in Breath of the Wild, and each one has a unique story behind what led me to them, making them stories on top of stories. And even after I’ve spent more than 50 hours searching the far reaches of Hyrule, I still manage to come across things I haven’t seen before. I’ll easily spend 50 to 100 more trying to track down its fascinating moments. Expand
  44. Mar 3, 2017
    The legend of Zelda breath of the wild is fantastic! It is a breath of fresh air for the series! (Pun intended)
    The open world style from the original in 3D is just amazing and most of the controls that were old are now new and very good! 10/10
  45. Mar 3, 2017
    Jogo expetacular em todos os sentidos: enredo, jogabilidade, arte. Sucessor à altura do Ocarina of Time, ou como tem saído em alguns meios, consegue até superá-lo.
  46. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo, do it ! The king Link is back ! Captivating, brillant, amazing, unique... Deep and beautiful. Wild and tought. Just Magical...
    It's Legen.... wait... ... dary !
  47. Mar 3, 2017
    Game of the decade. I can see a lot of trolls and fanboys rating this game lower than it deserves, sadly. Nothing short of a masterpiece. Don't be mad because your game scores lower than this and has "better graphics", because this is all pure game!
  48. Mar 3, 2017
    This game deserves the high scores. Sure it has some frame rate issues here and there but I am sure most of those will be fixed soon enough and if not, they aren't a big enough issue for me. Still rates higher then any game I have ever played. I give this my best game of all time and it beats out Horizon Zero Dawn by a mile. I still love Horizon Zero Dawn and will still play it. Got theThis game deserves the high scores. Sure it has some frame rate issues here and there but I am sure most of those will be fixed soon enough and if not, they aren't a big enough issue for me. Still rates higher then any game I have ever played. I give this my best game of all time and it beats out Horizon Zero Dawn by a mile. I still love Horizon Zero Dawn and will still play it. Got the collector's edition. But it only got 2 days of play or so before it got shelved even though it's my pick for best PS4 game ever. Expand
  49. Mar 3, 2017
    The game takes the best of witcher3 and skyrim, fills the world with real life and wonder making a game enjoyable by everyone
    in every age. It precedes any game ive personally played before. its a real masterpiece.
    We dont need that many boring cuscenes and pointless quicktime events. We dont need to press "skip" on boring talk sequences. with this game the focus is you and your
    on boring talk sequences. with this game the focus is you and your creativity.
    what can you accomplish

the game sets a new standard in open world aventuring.
  50. Mar 3, 2017
    This game seems to amaze in every way.
    Gameplay, graphics, story, EVERYTHING!!
    Def. one of the best games ever created!

Let's hope this is the new standard of Zelda games and Nintendo continues to create 'em so amazing as this!
  51. Mar 3, 2017
    The best game ever!

52. Mar 3, 2017
    I didn't image i would like ZELDA...However, while i got a serious glance on this game... i get involve in it. I ordered my first ZELDA and definitely it won't be my last one.
  53. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo just gave every single other developer out there a master class in how to design a proper open world game that avoids all of the usual pitfalls. If you enjoy video games then you need to experience this. It's not only the best Zelda ever made, beating even the likes of ALttP or OoT, it's also possibly the single best video game ever created.

Do not miss out on this!
  54. Mar 3, 2017
    What a game!
    The art is wonderful
    the map bigger than i thought
    i love it

Nintendo rocked!

One of the best games i´ve ever seen. I liked it as well as "the last of us", "shadow of the colossus" and "ocarina of time".

Thank you Nintendo!
  55. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is what Horizon Zero Dawn wishes it was. Don't listen to the crybabies review bombing this game. They're just jealous.

Another absolute masterpiece from Nintendo. Will change your life.
  56. Mar 3, 2017
    This is simply Nintendos MasterPiece of All Time.
    It's perfect -> All of it:

Soundtrack
    Effects
    Atmosphere
    and a epic open-world.

It is also funny and this magical-anime-style is so awesome.
    an musthave for everyone who loves Zelda and/or OpenWorld-Games like Skyrim.
    It combines all elements in a perfect way.
  57. Mar 3, 2017
    Quizas uno de los mejores juegos a la fecha creada por la compañia nipona.
    Es excitador y a la vez maravilloso. Este juego marcara un antes y un despues en la historia de The Legend of Zelda, tal cual como lo hizo Oot en su tiempo. Sencillamente magnifico.
  58. Mar 3, 2017
    Zelda vereint Open World mit RPG-Elementen sowie Action Adventure-Gameplay und erweitert dabei bereits bekannte Spielmechaniken oder fügt neue hinzu. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad und die Erkundung gehen in Richtung Dark Souls. Die Story soll zum ersten Mal richtig gut inszeniert sein. Wenn man bedenkt, dass die grafische Komponente aufgrund der schwachen Hardware der nahezu einzige SchwachpunktZelda vereint Open World mit RPG-Elementen sowie Action Adventure-Gameplay und erweitert dabei bereits bekannte Spielmechaniken oder fügt neue hinzu. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad und die Erkundung gehen in Richtung Dark Souls. Die Story soll zum ersten Mal richtig gut inszeniert sein. Wenn man bedenkt, dass die grafische Komponente aufgrund der schwachen Hardware der nahezu einzige Schwachpunkt zu sein scheint, hat Nintendo Open World neu definiert. Expand
  59. Mar 3, 2017
    A true masterpiece. Breaks conventions established by the series, and moves gaming forward in the process. Sets the bar for open world games with new ideas about story telling. The sense of freedom is amazing, and actually becomes a story line element. This game is more than complete, and it's full of surprises. Because of the open world aspect, there are several ways to play, and oneA true masterpiece. Breaks conventions established by the series, and moves gaming forward in the process. Sets the bar for open world games with new ideas about story telling. The sense of freedom is amazing, and actually becomes a story line element. This game is more than complete, and it's full of surprises. Because of the open world aspect, there are several ways to play, and one problem/challenge can have several solutions depending on your style and strategy. This provides a huge amount of replay value, as players can create there own scenarios on additional runs through the game. This is art. This is a masterpiece. This is a gift to gamers. Expand
  60. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely gorgeus. I'm 30 hours into the game and i can't remember playing an open world game with such as much detail as this one. If you love exploration and Puzzles Zelda Botw is simply put the best game ever made. A worthy succesor of Ocarina of Time.
  61. Mar 3, 2017
    I am shocked to say the least is why people from sony fans having checked the user name giving Sony exclusives a ten and giving Breath of the Wild a zero. I feel sorry for them because honestly I pity the fools. Having the game I enjoy and honestly it is one of my best games ever. Owner of Ps4, Xbox One, Switch and Steam Machine. I enjoy all consoles lol. Unlike the few here who are hating.
  62. Mar 3, 2017
    It's a gorgeous game. The music is fantastic. The story is nice, too. I love the emphasis on exploring in this beautiful world. I want to find every secret there is. I'm also really happy with what they did with horses. We're not stuck with Epona anymore. We can catch our own horses with whatever coat colors we want and they have different stats.

I'm so glad they chose to go back to

I'm so glad they chose to go back to Zelda's roots with this game.
  63. Mar 3, 2017
    Best game I've ever played, that's all that needs to be said. Nintendo have outdone themselves with an open world adventure like no other. Everyone giving this game a zero because they don't like nintendo is disgusting.
  64. Mar 3, 2017
    The Best Zelda ever made. Simple and clean!. Perfect gameplay, beautyfull artistic desing and a vaste world to explore. You gonna love it! Must buy and 1st candidate to GOTY
  65. Mar 3, 2017
    Enjoying this game more than skyrim. Feels like halo and skyrim mixed together nintendo style. Limited crafting and disposable weapons help the game avoid feeling tedious like some open world games can.
  66. Mar 3, 2017
    This is literally 10/10: The Game. That's all that needs to be said. This is the lost art of the 10/10. We've finally gone back to that era of gaming.
  67. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is critically acclaimed in a day and age where the worst games are rated 7's, and the best games are rated 9's. Scores have become compressed, which is why when a game like Breath of the Wild receives a 9.8/10 (and edging on 9.9) universally across over 60 review platforms, that means something. BotW is the first game in a decade to receive a score higher than 9.7, and it shows.This game is critically acclaimed in a day and age where the worst games are rated 7's, and the best games are rated 9's. Scores have become compressed, which is why when a game like Breath of the Wild receives a 9.8/10 (and edging on 9.9) universally across over 60 review platforms, that means something. BotW is the first game in a decade to receive a score higher than 9.7, and it shows.

The world is beautiful, intricate, and alive. BotW does what so many open world games fail to do: it's a real "world" for the player to interact with. There is no hand holding. There are no false limitations. There are no fake loading screens. What you see is what you get.

The gameplay is tight and controlled. You will be punished for your mistakes, and rewarded for creativity. The game gives you your main tools close to the start and you are free to run around in a massive sandbox with only the limitations of your imagination.

All in all, this Zelda title strays far away from previous formulas, which in my honest opinion have become quite stale, and shows an entire genre how to make a game right. Yes, no game is perfect, and Breath of the Wild is not without its flaws, chief among complaints being somewhat dated graphics and framerate issues. But none of those things hamper the game; the positives outweigh the negatives far too much to matter.

I hope Nintendo will take what it learned from creating Breath of the Wild and bring it to every one of their first party titles in the future. I look forward to what is in store for me and my Nintendo Switch on the horizon; ARMs, Spla2n, Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey all look to be amazing smash hits. Thank you Nintendo for continuing to be the standard the industry lives by, and thank you for showing what's possible to all game developers out there. Here's to the Game of the Decade, and possible the Greatest of All Time.
  68. Mar 3, 2017
    Masterpiece. If you want for a unforgettable
    game, forget all the prejudices and take a chance for this game, you will not regret
    This is The Generation Game!
  69. Mar 3, 2017
    incredible, understandable that it is now one of the best games of all time... Ive spent every moment until now glued to my tv since buying it at midnight with my switch!
  70. Mar 3, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a constant quest for more effective ways to survive and gain edge over the environment and monsters. Collecting resources for cooking is how to recover life, gain more durability and even resistance to elements. A defeated enemy is the source of new weapons or armor and a response to the ease with which certain weapons fall apart in our hands withThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a constant quest for more effective ways to survive and gain edge over the environment and monsters. Collecting resources for cooking is how to recover life, gain more durability and even resistance to elements. A defeated enemy is the source of new weapons or armor and a response to the ease with which certain weapons fall apart in our hands with a certain number of blows. We are never 100% safe in any situation and a certain slip represents a painful death. Expand
  71. Mar 3, 2017
    Most negative reviews come from trolls and Sony fanboys who can't believe they can't play such an amazing game on their system, you just have to look at their profiles and see what games they have rated before with 10, is actually quite funny.

With 15 hours into the game I can say with confidence that since Red Dead Redemption I have not played an open world game this fun and rewarding, the gameplay is just amazing. The graphics are beautiful for the system, art direction is fantastic, but if you are looking for a powerhouse look elsewhere (Witcher 3 or Horizon for instance). Sound also enhances the overall mood, don't hesitate and go for it in any of its versions.
  72. Mar 3, 2017
    The best sandbox I've ever played.
    The mixture of exploration, survival, action, creation make the game one of the best of the saga, but the best.
    A game that will mark a before and after in video games has been born
  73. Mar 3, 2017
    A+mazing game! Graphically one of the best games available today, and the soundtrack will captivate you as you immerse yourself in the world. Well worth the wait!!
  74. Mar 3, 2017
    I like that when you check the bio of all the bad notes, they are all recently created and rated Horizon with a 10 lmaoooo

nice try boyz but you should keep your hate and doing something more productive than just rant over the internet
  75. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is awesome.

Gameplay, Sound, Story, Dungeons, everything.

This game just works.

Its amazing and I love it.

Just get the game
    and you will too.
  76. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo have ultimately entered a brand new generation of gaming. And what better way to enter generation nine is to have a brand new epic adventure game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is truly one sexy BEAST! Whether you play this game in 720p in portable/tabletop mode or 900p (upscaled to 1080) in docked mode, the developers at Nintendo EPD have never missed a singular stepNintendo have ultimately entered a brand new generation of gaming. And what better way to enter generation nine is to have a brand new epic adventure game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is truly one sexy BEAST! Whether you play this game in 720p in portable/tabletop mode or 900p (upscaled to 1080) in docked mode, the developers at Nintendo EPD have never missed a singular step or beat. The visuals look beautiful and lively, the play control mechanics are flawless, the story and voice acting is like watching a Studio Ghibli film in a positive way, and the challenge is 100% pure hardcore.

If you really want to play this GotY future nominee, you owe yourself the purchase of the Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild. Definitely a must purchase and an accolade to producer Aonuma-san. 10 out of 10!
  77. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is poetry.There is no way to descrive this game.Its fabolous ,amazing,and really good.Please ,dear PS4 users stop voting 0 in userscore this is not even a bad game like The last guardian :)
  78. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo ha creado un mundo que no solo se siente vivo, se siente real. No veras un ciervo caminando sin un motivo, estara buscando alimento, cuidando a sus crias, buscando agua, ocultandose de la lluvia, y ese solo es un ejemplo, de entre cientos. El medio es tan inmersivo que da miedo, es tan enorme que te sientes perdido, ya no eres alguien jugando, eres alguien que acaba de despertar,Nintendo ha creado un mundo que no solo se siente vivo, se siente real. No veras un ciervo caminando sin un motivo, estara buscando alimento, cuidando a sus crias, buscando agua, ocultandose de la lluvia, y ese solo es un ejemplo, de entre cientos. El medio es tan inmersivo que da miedo, es tan enorme que te sientes perdido, ya no eres alguien jugando, eres alguien que acaba de despertar, que no recuerda su pasado y que sabe que de ti depende ESE mundo. No tengo mas que decir, solo A MASTERPIECE Expand
  79. Mar 3, 2017
    Talk about haters trying to damage control the user score. It's quite pathetic. Sorry that your sony games got topped by a Nintendo game. It's really annoying to see all the stupid hate just cause they are mad BOTW almost got a perfect 100.
  80. Mar 3, 2017
    Maybe the best game that I've ever played.
    My hands are still shaking after I finished it.

The exploring, the over world, the gameplay, the story. Everything is just PERFECT.
    A true masterpiece!
  81. Mar 3, 2017
    Not a big fan of Zelda games. I like them but still think they're too formulaic. I prefer the Elder Scrolls games and obviously Witcher 3 (brilliant) and Red Dead Redemption.
    That said, BotW is the best open world game ever made and probably the best game I've ever played. I don't say that lightly, I've been gaming since the Spectrum days and I am brand-agnostic (I usually own and play most mainstream consoles of a generation) as well as being a dedicated PC gamer since my first IBM PS/2 256-color VGA in 1990).

The game allows you to do so much, it constantly surprises you with its depth and variety, it removes all limits on what can and cannot happen. It's not a game, it's a whole living, breathing world you can get lost in. No other game has ever achieved that.

Ignore the fanboys on both sides of the fence (both "10/10 Zelda hurdur" and the "0/10 Horizon is better") and
    check out a review or gameplay video for yourself. Today, launch day 2017, this is all you need to be persuaded that this is, without a doubt, a game that absolutely must be experienced by anyone who enjoys video games. If you can't afford it for whatever reason, find alternative means but please, please don't miss out on this unique experience.
  82. Mar 17, 2017
    having played witcher 3, fallout 4, and other ubisoft games i can safely say after defeating calamity ganon some 70 hours later this is truly a masterpiece in terms of open-world design. BOTW is the best open world game to date.
  83. Mar 3, 2017
    If there is a better game out there, it's safe to say I have not played it. This is the most exhilarating, freeing, and beautiful experience I've ever had a In a game. Perfect, Hands Down.
  84. Mar 3, 2017
    It is a great game that shows how the old series of Zelda can still have interesting content in it. It also shows that Nintendo can make open world games that are worth playing.
  85. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo is BACK! BotW IS THE ZELDA GAME. It is even better than Ocarina of Time, AND THAT MEANS A LOT.

It's beautiful, it's long, has an amazing gameplay and of course, is fun.
  86. May 11, 2017
    People seem to polarize way too much here. If you don´t agree that BotW is "the best game ever made" and "totally worth 10/10", expect to be insulted, calling you a Sony/Xbox Disciple. To be honest, I´m PC Gamer nowadays and don´t even own PS or XBOX Consoles, but grew up in the SNES-Era and played every Nintendo Console and Zelda Games since. Now I tried the Switch-Version of BotW, I´mPeople seem to polarize way too much here. If you don´t agree that BotW is "the best game ever made" and "totally worth 10/10", expect to be insulted, calling you a Sony/Xbox Disciple. To be honest, I´m PC Gamer nowadays and don´t even own PS or XBOX Consoles, but grew up in the SNES-Era and played every Nintendo Console and Zelda Games since. Now I tried the Switch-Version of BotW, I´m about 22 hours in. It is NOT a "Masterpiece". It´s NOT "the best game ever made" and it´s NOT worth beeing rated 10/10. It´s a solid Open World game and of course it´s fun to play it. It´s a worthy successor to many previous Zelda Titles, such as Twilight Princess and provides a good gameplay experience, ok graphics and the typical Zelda-Feeling you´d expect from the franchise. Well designed, huge world. But on the other hand, it´s far away from beeing perfect and that should be obvious for every gamer out there... Weapons break way to frequently, the inventory and menu handling takes much time, switching weapons or Slate Skills simply takes too long and is not too intuitive. Speaking of the slate, that thing doesn´t offer too many features. Even "A Link to the past" had more specific Items which brought a much wider variation to the game. You find Bows all the time, but getting Arrows is a pain in the ass (at least at the beginning) and extremely expensive to buy. Why even implementing Bows at all if the´re not utilized because of constant lack of arrows? The world is damn huge, but kinda empty and lifeless sometimes. There aren´t as many different enemy types as well, you got severe frame drops every here and then (reminds me of the unbearable slowdown of some NES games back in the days...) and in conclusion, I truly can´t understand those Critic review rankings of 97... Zelda: BotW is very good, but not THAT great. Expand
  87. Mar 3, 2017
    An absolutely masterpiece.

An absolutely masterpiece.

This game gives a new definition to the open world genre. The physics system in this game is light years ahead of what you see in other open world titles. You're given complete freedom throughout the game, leading to different experiences for each player, rather than one shared, scripted experience. I really wish Nintendo allowed us to use the Japanese voice acting with English subtitled but that can be added in a later date. This may be the best music I've heard in a Zelda title, and that says a lot. Ignore the troll reviews. They're mad that their masterpiece, Horizon, ended up being an 8/10. This is a 98 on Metacritic, making it one of the greatest reviewed games of all time.
  88. Mar 3, 2017
    I'm very sorry but the love for this game is based purely on the fact that it has Zelda in its name. It is a very good game but no more than that by todays standards, terrible voice acting, the framerate is awful, the combat gets repetitive after a few hours, the story isn't great either and climbing is just silly and unrealistic. However, the exploration is wonderful, combat is fun forI'm very sorry but the love for this game is based purely on the fact that it has Zelda in its name. It is a very good game but no more than that by todays standards, terrible voice acting, the framerate is awful, the combat gets repetitive after a few hours, the story isn't great either and climbing is just silly and unrealistic. However, the exploration is wonderful, combat is fun for the first few hours, the world is beautiful and brimming with content, there are many fun puzzles and the atmosphere is spot on, it isn't enough to warrant a 10/10 though. Expand
  89. Mar 14, 2017
    Its just ok. Simple. Don't listen to the Nintendo fanboys; this is NOT a perfect game. Let me explain:
    Cons:
    - The story is good, but I haven't found myself really into it. There isn't any real urgency to it. Just do what you want and oh yeah maybe save this princess. - Weapon durability system is actually awful. I'm not saying the mechanic is bad, but this game does it awful. Nothing
    Cons:
    - Weapon durability system is actually awful. I'm not saying the mechanic is bad, but this game does it awful. Nothing ruins a game more than giving you something cool only to take it away a few seconds later (And i'm serious, weapons break in just a few swings in this game. Nothing like Dark souls).
    - Combat is just meh. Everyone claims that the durability system is to encourage you to try different weapon types, yet the combat is just so bland. Sure, maybe this is great for casual players, but this game doesn't feel like it was made for new gamers.
    - The side quest are very generic rpg quests. Nothing like The Witcher 3 's quests which would draw you down a rabbit hole of action, adventure, and feels.
    - No crafting?? Only crafting is cooking food that give you boosts. Thats it.
    Pros:
    - The game world is beautiful. There are things to do everywhere it seems. Only gripe is that the switch cant handle it, but that's not the games fault i guess.
    - The puzzles are all really creative and take full advantage of the rune mechanic.
    - The world is really open. Go anywhere, do anything. There are a few ways the game limits you from just running to the final boss of course.
    - The physics in this game is great. Light a bush on fire, let it burn the whole field, and ride away on the updraft. You can be really creative in this game because of its great physics engine.

In conclusion, its just another open world rpg game. The fact that Link is in it doesn't make it any different. If you like Zelda games, grab it. If you want a open world rpg with, maybe get Witcher 3 or Dark souls 3.
  90. Mar 13, 2017
    Combat is OK but the puzzles are garbage. If you think picking up a rock and placing it in a circle, throwing a rock into a circle, or pushing a rock into a circle is exciting then go ahead you'll be doing that 200 times. There are a few good side quests and a few good surprises but most of what you find is endlessly repeated simple Korok puzzles that you need to do because of howCombat is OK but the puzzles are garbage. If you think picking up a rock and placing it in a circle, throwing a rock into a circle, or pushing a rock into a circle is exciting then go ahead you'll be doing that 200 times. There are a few good side quests and a few good surprises but most of what you find is endlessly repeated simple Korok puzzles that you need to do because of how annoying the equipment breaking system is. You need the extra slots because how fast weapons become useless and break. If you enjoy Dungeons you need not apply because this has the worst dungeons in the entire Zelda franchise. They are no more than simple puzzle rooms with almost no enemy's.... the one enemy they the boss are also the worst in the franchise. Bosses almost with every other monster are either going to kill you in 1 hit or if you spent a little time powering up they will be so weak you may not even need to block. Bad menu's that you constantly use, bad voice acting, bad writing, bad story, bad lip-sync in some scenes, bad side quests.... Very little of this game is up to modern standards. If you think cooking should be quick and easy to prepare before battle well that's not this game. Maybe in the Witcher you can instantly fill up everything you know the recipe for but in Zelda you need to spend 30 min crafting each individual meal waiting through the 10 second jingle to finish after every one. This annoyance continues through the whole game... you'll need to sit through 5 loading screens to finish each shrine and most of the time they aren't even worth it. Shines are generally just very simple puzzles with no visual difference and they pale in comparison to open world puzzles used to unlock shrines. Even worse are the shrines that are 5 loading screens just to enter an empty room with a chest. Things Zelda was good at are now broken! Even things like the lock on system is garbage. Its still worth playing but its not the masterpiece reviewers keep saying it is. Expand
  91. Mar 4, 2017
    I originally gave this game an 8, but the more i play, the more i start to feel that this game is a huge dissapointment. Most of the time is spent running around aimlessly in the empty world, while the rest of the time is spent hitting enemies with a sword over and over again. Not to mention every enemy in the game is pretty much the same, but with different colours and skins. The gameI originally gave this game an 8, but the more i play, the more i start to feel that this game is a huge dissapointment. Most of the time is spent running around aimlessly in the empty world, while the rest of the time is spent hitting enemies with a sword over and over again. Not to mention every enemy in the game is pretty much the same, but with different colours and skins. The game overall can be a lot of fun at times, but these times are so rare compared to the boring and repetitive ones. The framerate drops are also something that definitely brings this game down, as it is too noticeable to just brush off. I really don't understand the praise this game is getting, especially since it doesn't have enough variety or innovation to call it a "masterpiece". I will say that the art style is very pleasing in certain areas, as there are some places where this game looks gorgeous. The story is also very interesting with some really nice voice acting, and the game does give a great sense of adventure. Expand
  92. Mar 16, 2017
    Okay, so I beat the game to give it a final review and I must say I was reallllly disappointed. I'll just make my list now.
    Cons:
    No enemy variety. Maybe 8 total enemies in the game reskinned several times. Shrines are boring and take about 5 minutes or less to complete. 4 dungeons in the game if you can even call them dungeons that is. These dungeons are just huge empty spaces with
    Cons:
    No enemy variety. Maybe 8 total enemies in the game reskinned several times.
    Shrines are boring and take about 5 minutes or less to complete.
    4 dungeons in the game if you can even call them dungeons that is. These dungeons are just huge empty spaces with one 20-minute puzzle and a boss.
    Calamity Gannon shot at me one time and stood there the rest of the fight.
    This is somewhat of a nitpick, but the music is really bad. If you have such an epic open world area the music should not have been soft piano. Ocarina of Time of time felt like an adventure with the music.
    The framerate is also very bad on the Switch. It was advertised to run at a "smooth 30 fps" and it doesn't if too many enemies are in one area and especially around the Great Deku Tree.
    The rain mechanic is very annoying. You can't just start a fire and wait either because that puts out your fire. So, then you need to go back to a town or a covered area and make your climb all over again.
    Chests are kind of pointless. They all hold some crappy weapon that breaks in a couple hits.

Pros
    You can do a lot of silly stuff, but that's about it.
    The visuals look nice when they don't lag.

That's about it.
  93. Mar 4, 2017
    After waiting for three years for this game, I have to say I'm not impressed. The graphics are ok, the music is ok, the game is....actually kinda boring and repetitive. I love Zelda games, Windwaker is my favorite game of all time, but this game didn't draw me in like WW or OOT or even ALTTP. I didn't really care for SS and after four hours in, not a big fan of ABOTW. This game feels likeAfter waiting for three years for this game, I have to say I'm not impressed. The graphics are ok, the music is ok, the game is....actually kinda boring and repetitive. I love Zelda games, Windwaker is my favorite game of all time, but this game didn't draw me in like WW or OOT or even ALTTP. I didn't really care for SS and after four hours in, not a big fan of ABOTW. This game feels like a bad version of Elder Scrolls, not a Zelda game....hate the collecting, cooking food?, weapons break...often, Link is resurrected like Christ...is he a god now?, load times are often and long, lots of space on the map...lots of walking/riding, with nothing there, the quick travel takes forever to load next area, .............and on and on....also the first Zelda game you can't change your name, or have three save files....two stars...an ok game, NOT A LOZ GAME! Expand
  94. Mar 4, 2017
    A nice open world, but brings really nothing new to the table. Link is still mute, weapons break far too quickly, It somehow feels more like messing around at an amusement park than exploring a dangerous world. Colorful visuals try to mask their low complexity. Overall a fun game, but nothing as epic as critics are trying to sell us.
  95. Mar 3, 2017
    Sadly, the Zelda fanboy army and obvious paid reviewers are giving this game an artificially high rating whilst in truth it isn't *that* good, there are many glaring issues right now, and the game does get repetitive after about 20 hours in, especially after grinding shrines/temples over and over for little reward.

BotW would have been better if you didn't get all the tools and

BotW would have been better if you didn't get all the tools and equipment you need within pretty much the first 20 minutes to an hour into the game. The gameplay is also questionable, with strange difficulty spikes basically saying ' you shouldn't be in this area yet ' so you die in one hit, whilst you don't lose anything you can lose durability since your weapons don't last forever and eventually you're going to need to craft items and especially potions.

The crafting elements aside, the game is a psudo mixture of Dark Souls meets Skyrim? The game can be brutally difficult at times, and have a nice balance the next - whilst this isn't neccessarily a bad thing, I'm sure it could cause some player frustration.

Whilst I think its a good opening title for the switch, the 90+ and especially 100s are all vastly over-rated scores, and shouldn't have scored that high. Sure this game is good, but it isn't that 'great' but its a worthy title to hold the Zelda name.
  96. Mar 3, 2017
    Not as good as the critics make you think it is, but overall a pretty good game. The story is not excellent, the combat could use some more polishing, but the world created is simply marvelous.
  97. Mar 3, 2017
    Everywhere new things to discover, amazing story and "wunderschöne" graphic
    thx nintendo
    This can be the best game ever if the DLC are the last 2 Prozent
  98. Sep 16, 2017
    There is far too much "rose-tinted glasses" syndrome going on with this game, professional reviewer and user alike. Let me be clear upfront; I don't ever think any game is either a "10" or a "0" there is no such thing as perfection in the medium (good or bad). Yet, after spending time with this game It came very apparent to me what this was:

The biggest amalgamation of game tropes the

The biggest amalgamation of game tropes the world has ever seen.

There are so many mechanics in this game found in other titles it is astonishing. Skyrim, The Witcher, Fallout, Farcry, Dead Island, Assassin's Creed just to name a few. I've played this game before that's all I kept saying. Are these things found in these titles bad? No, of course not, but i've done it already. The magic those titles brought is wiped away in BoTW. They were handed better in those games, whereas Nintendo took the root element of those mechanics and slowed down progression to neigh-on a crawl.

Breaking weapons, small stamina gauge, lack of armor, lack of health, lack of mobility. The amount of labor this title demands to be at least comfortable in content is beyond strained. It feels like a F2P game without the ability to actually pay for SOME things. It is tedious, everything about this game is tedious.

The soundtrack (or lack there off) was a bad choice. Why they thought just the sound of nature alone for the majority of the game was a good idea is beyond me. It became jarring, making me uncomfortable. We've been conditioned for so long to have some kind of music in the background at all times made the constant silence make my skin itch. At least they should have given the option to have a traditional score playing tastefully in the background.

I've also heard the comparison to the original title and how it left the player to fend for themselves and figure things out. This, is nominally accurate. The problem with this line of reasoning is flawed in a few ways:

1) The map of the original Zelda was of a manageable size
    2) There was near Zero collecting of side mission items
    3) There were no day/night cycles where certain things appeared in game
    4) Control was fully in the hands of the player and all base abilities were there with zero hindrances. Items and equipment made the player stronger.

There are also issues with optimization, because my lord does this title chug a ton in tv mode. Framerate issues are a plenty. Also the art style falls between muddy wind waker and sharper Ocarina of time. The lack of ANY REAL button mapping is a shame. Item management is infuriating (the damn cooking! Why do it this way!) The lack of a auto load a weapon when one breaks is silly (or shield or bow).

I've played Zelda since the original, and while brunt of this review is negative, at the end of the day, it's a Zelda game so the heart of the adventure is still the same. Does this game deserve a 10? God no, or a 9 or an 8. It's nice to see Nintendo as a company do something fresh and out of their comfort zone, but if copying things from titles in years gone past as fresh, they need to go back to the well; especially when titles like Horizon: Zero Dawn took the same approach BoTW did and did it so much better (and cleaner).

It is worth buying BotW, but don't accept the lauded hype: it's fine, it's fun, it's not a game changer.
  99. Mar 3, 2017
    Simply an amazing game. Good art style, good music, and overall really good atmosphere. A highly expansive overworld littered with shrines and enemies and NPC's will keep you playing for hours.
  100. Mar 3, 2017
    An incredibly beautiful game,with outstanding soundtrack,atmosphere,magical,mystical feel which all great Zelda games have. Nintendo once again made a masterpiece.

Universal acclaim - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]