7.1

1. Oct 29, 2019
    Good port from the same phenomenal company that ported (S)Witcher 3 to the Switch. Pretty good AA atmospheric game with a lot of branching paths and great RPG elements. The graphics are a downgrade of course like (S)Witcher 3 but look fine on handheld. Framerate is surprisingly relatively smooth and consistent compared to the console releases. The only complaints I have are the inabilityGood port from the same phenomenal company that ported (S)Witcher 3 to the Switch. Pretty good AA atmospheric game with a lot of branching paths and great RPG elements. The graphics are a downgrade of course like (S)Witcher 3 but look fine on handheld. Framerate is surprisingly relatively smooth and consistent compared to the console releases. The only complaints I have are the inability to reverse the A/B button (you were able to do this in (S)Witcher 3) and the game will pause sometimes in the middle of gameplay to load for a couple seconds with a brief loading screen. This was at seemingly random times and a bit annoying. Not an issue for me, but some people might find it hard to read the text on handheld, especially switch lite. There's an option to increase subtitle font size but no menu/notes/books/HUD etc.. Hopefully these things can be patched if enough people have issues with them. Finally, at release this game is kind of expensive ($50 at release) since it has been out on other systems for a year now ($14 on sale on PS store). But that's just nintendo tax and also probably the cost of porting it. Luckily switch games have a solid resale value and don't depreciate a lot. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2019
    it looks and plays great on the switch. having played the ps4 version,not much is missed here.
  3. Oct 31, 2019
    I went through this game twice upon its initial release on pc and absolutely loved it ! Saber interactive have worked miracles porting this to the switch , there are of course visual cut backs but the game retains its visual identity and is an absolute gem .

1. Nov 9, 2019
    Vampyr brings a very well executed gothic and vampirical atmosphere to the Nintendo Switch, which sits really well with the game's outstanding plot and narrative developments. The game could do much better when it comes to its long loading times and sometimes unstable performance but these are not factors that end up harming an overall experience of interesting exploration and involving plot choices.
  2. Nov 7, 2019
    As much as I would love to recommend Vampyr, I fear that the darkest parts of Vampyr have overcome the light.
  3. Nov 5, 2019
    Vampyr is a game with charisma, and that remains intact in this version. If you want to play it on a TV, we would recommend choosing another version, but for handheld gaming it does hold up.