8.1

1. Sep 10, 2019
    Definetely one of the best Zelda games ever.AMAZING story and AMAZING gameplay.The game is very big to be finished especially if you are a 100% progress player.The only thing that kinda bothered me tho is that it has a lot of come and go to places which you can't fast travel and you have to get there real time and travelling isn't so fast..And something else that bothered me a little bitDefinetely one of the best Zelda games ever.AMAZING story and AMAZING gameplay.The game is very big to be finished especially if you are a 100% progress player.The only thing that kinda bothered me tho is that it has a lot of come and go to places which you can't fast travel and you have to get there real time and travelling isn't so fast..And something else that bothered me a little bit is that some challenges (for fun or main quests) are hard and tiring.Overall these won't change the quality.The game still stands as one of the best Zelda games for me and if you are a fan it's a shame if you haven't played this one. Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2019
    I'm really shocked that there aren't more negative reviews. I wasn't a fan of Skyward Sword when it came out and I still really loathe it. It felt like a chore to complete and the best thing about it was all the slack it took for it's not at all frustrating controls (Heavy sarcasm)... It caused Nintendo to create something like Breath of the Wild. They took the really great ideas that thisI'm really shocked that there aren't more negative reviews. I wasn't a fan of Skyward Sword when it came out and I still really loathe it. It felt like a chore to complete and the best thing about it was all the slack it took for it's not at all frustrating controls (Heavy sarcasm)... It caused Nintendo to create something like Breath of the Wild. They took the really great ideas that this game had and made them actually work. But this game is the garbage heap that failed. How can someone give this a 10 with Fi breathing down their neck and holding their hand the ENTIRE GAME?!? The CD-I games might be the only Zelda games that are worse than Skyward Sword. May we never have to live though something like this again! Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is an amazing game with beautiful locations and an amazing art style. Skyward sword has an amazing story which focuses on the creation of the master sword and the origins of the Zelda series. The game is linear yet what the game gives you to explore is very excellent and colorful. The temples in this game are also top notch with the Ancient Cistern and the Sandship considered by many to be some of the best in the series. The game has a great rivalry between Link and Giriham who is the main villain you will see throughout the game. He is a character with a great personality. The game has unique controls that are very fun once you get the hang of them. Most complaints about this game usually are focused on your partner Fi who can be annoying yet also helpful for new players. Another popular complaint is that the game is repetitive. While I won't disagree that you have to go to the same areas multiple times or fight a certain boss (the imprisoned) many times I think the game handles this well apart from the imprisoned battles which can be annoying. Each time you return to one of the three provinces you will be doing something different. For example in the forest you will have to first find and rescue a group of plant like creatures before getting allowed into the temple. The next time you come back you will have to go in search of special water to heal the dragon that gaurds the next temple. When looking for the dragon a new part of the forest will be unlocked so while in the same area it will be in a waterfall instead of the woods. The final time you return to the forest you will need to search the flooded woods for tadpoles in order to learn part of the song needed to unlock the final temple. I understand why some people do not like the repetitive nature of the game but I think that it shows your progress throught the game. One tip I will give for people struggling with the final complaint most people have is to make sure to use your wrist for the motion controls. If you over do it and pretend it is an actual sword it will not work and you will have problems. The game is filled with amazing npcs, great villains and enemies and the world as a whole feels vibrant with all the colors and the four severely different areas. This game is one of the most unique in the series and I would definitely give it a shot if you've never played it before or even if you have played it and didn't like it give it a 2nd shot with an open mind especially if an hd remake ever comes to the switch. Expand
  4. Aug 3, 2019
    Poor controls only served as the tip of the iceberg this game suffered from. Padding and fetch quests felt repetitive, nightmare realm quests were not enjoyable, boss keys were a tedious gimmick, and the final dungeon was the worst in the series.

Skyward Sword lacked a strong soundtrack. Plus its art style ranged from colorful to washed out. Some enemy designs were okay, and combat was admittedly innovative. Unfortunately, the lack of combat options made it feel limited.

Worst Zelda game in the series.
  5. Jun 18, 2019
    I absolutely love the setting, gameplay, puzzles and the story of this game. 9/10
  6. May 26, 2019
    Belos gráficos, estilo artístico incrível,bons controles,melhor história da série, missões paralelas divertidas e eu nem vou comentar sobre a fofura dos kikwis.
  7. May 21, 2019
    This game started off so strong. I thought it was going to be favorite Zelda game. Then it started to recycle the same areas over and over again in a way that made them feel really stale. Then the 'magic' of the motion controls started to wear off, and I just grew tired of them. It all just came crashing down. It was so close. One bit of praise I can give to this game though is that thisThis game started off so strong. I thought it was going to be favorite Zelda game. Then it started to recycle the same areas over and over again in a way that made them feel really stale. Then the 'magic' of the motion controls started to wear off, and I just grew tired of them. It all just came crashing down. It was so close. One bit of praise I can give to this game though is that this game easily has the best story and characters of any Zelda game. Groose is a champ. Expand
  8. Apr 22, 2019
    good game but the motion controls sometimes dont allways do what you want they usaly work but they strugle with charging skyward srike and doing a foreward thrust
  9. Apr 14, 2019
    this game sucks it bad skywards sword more like swkyward bad add lol xddddddddddd brosaffff!111!1111!! it bad ew gross anime artgatfseddumb dewewewewewewewewe gross this game bad ****
  10. Mar 20, 2019
    I think this game gets a lot of un-deserved criticism. sure there are quite a few things that keeps this game from being truly amazing, but overall, it is a really fun game.

I've heard quite a few complaints about the motion controls for instance, but for the most part, they worked almost perfect for me. and I love how they're implemented, it gives the combat that extra depth and challenge. instead of just mashing a button, you have to use strategy and think about how your enemy reacts - really cool in my opinion.

the game is quite linear though, so you usually don't feel too compelled to explore, but there is some incentive for that too sometimes.
    the story I though was really good, and I really like the characters and many of the side-quests you do for them.
    I also loved how you can upgrade your equipment. that gets really addictive and fun. I'd love to see a HD-remaster of this game for the Switch, as that would make the great art-style really pop. I think the game is visually gorgeous, but unfortunately hindered by a low resolution.

I didn't like the game as much the first time I played it, but then I did a second playthrough a couple of years ago, and it made me appreciate it a lot more. after my first playtrough, I would lean more towards an 8/10, but now I definitely think this game deserves a 9/10.

and I have to mention the final boss - perhaps the best in the entire series. it was really great!

a bit unconventional in many ways as a Zelda-title, but definitely an excellent game overall.
  11. Feb 20, 2019
    No other game can show the Wii at its fullest potential better than Skyward Sword. The motion controls are responsive and add a layer to the combat and gameplay that has yet to be replicated. The graphics and soundtrack are, of course, a cut above the rest, but it's the game's surprisingly well-written story that pushes this Zelda up in my book. No one can pretend this gem's perfect; butNo other game can show the Wii at its fullest potential better than Skyward Sword. The motion controls are responsive and add a layer to the combat and gameplay that has yet to be replicated. The graphics and soundtrack are, of course, a cut above the rest, but it's the game's surprisingly well-written story that pushes this Zelda up in my book. No one can pretend this gem's perfect; but Skyward Sword's heart proves it's more than just the sum of its parts. Expand
  12. Feb 17, 2019
    Firstly let me say that I'm a big Zelda fan. Skyward Sword introduced some new ideas like upgrades with treasure and bugs. The shields now have limited durability for some reason, which only led me to not using it that much. The three main areas feel more like a big dungeon which I enjoy. Most side quests, are happening in the overworld but are actually just there to upgrade your wallet.Firstly let me say that I'm a big Zelda fan. Skyward Sword introduced some new ideas like upgrades with treasure and bugs. The shields now have limited durability for some reason, which only led me to not using it that much. The three main areas feel more like a big dungeon which I enjoy. Most side quests, are happening in the overworld but are actually just there to upgrade your wallet. Speaking of the wallet: I feel like rupees have a much higher value in this game. Stuff is pricy and getting money togther isn't as easy as one might think.

But enough of the good stuff and on to the reason why I like this Zelda game the least so far.
    Some people described the game as challenging and praise it for the hard fights. Also the varying game mechanics like using the canon boat or the Groosenator were praised. The problem is - the game is only hard because of the awful motion controls which, regardless of motion plus, weren't as sophisticated as they are today. I played Twilight Princess on Game Cube so I was able to enjoy it.
    Many game mechanics are only there to give you a reason for using the wii remote.
    Trying to aim for something? Better hold your nunchuk perfectly still because Link gets his shield out and interupts anything you do with the remote.
    After playing the game for 30h it still happens from time to time.

Also it seems the game designers were a bit lazy or maybe rushed by Nintendo. There are ao many recycled assets it's really sad. Most enemies you encounter are just the same ones you encountered from the beginning of the game with mote stamina and slightly different skills but in a different color.
    The Puzzles are okay I guess - sometimes almost too easy.
    Small Keys rarely appear and only serve as a method of preventing the player to progress. They could've just replaced them with switches. In other Zelda games you usually get a key and need to decide which of 2 or 3 possible doors you want to open next - in Skyward Sword: One key, one door.
    At one point in the game you need to get something for a character that is hidden in a dungeon you visited before but this time, what a surprise, different colored enemies and one door is locked again! Nothing at all was enjoyable about this segment.

So: No, I will not play the game again. Unlike Ocarina of Time, which I play to a 100% at least once a year. Many reviewers compare the two games but I really don't get why. Is it the usage of a musical instrument? The one that you have to play with actual notes in OoT and in Skyward Sword you just wave the wii remote like an idiot?

Yes: There are some quite good gameplay elements like the timeshift stones and making sword fighting more complex by introducing different directions.
  13. Dec 28, 2018
    Nice artstyle, OK gameplay, no replay value. 7/10
    3D Zelda games were a mistake.
  14. Dec 21, 2018
    This game gets too much hate. It has amazing dungeons and story. However when the controls don't work it gets really annoying. The combat become annoying if the controls don't work. However, if the controls do work it feels great. It has the best dungeons in the series yet the worst controls. The bosses are repetitive and they suck when the motion controls don't work. It is very hard toThis game gets too much hate. It has amazing dungeons and story. However when the controls don't work it gets really annoying. The combat become annoying if the controls don't work. However, if the controls do work it feels great. It has the best dungeons in the series yet the worst controls. The bosses are repetitive and they suck when the motion controls don't work. It is very hard to get used to the controls during the first part of the game. Fi is also the worst companion. Expand
  15. Nov 27, 2018
    Oh my God ... what an incredible game ... Fly with the birds, the brilliant mechanics that the game has ... one of the best games in the world, in my opinion, it is in my heart forever ...
  16. Nov 26, 2018
    I have played a long Zelda list games, but Im sure that this game is the worst Zelda in 3D. Only the Motion was excellent, but the other things, same and same the same thing. With a Lower difficulty, dungeons very easy and not workered.
    This is, by far, the most overrated Zelda game of all time.
  17. Nov 23, 2018
    Un juego que en su nivel normal no es gran cosa, pero en modo héroe es alucinante. Los boss en general son muy sencillo salvo uno, el Heraldo, la manera de usar el control es excelente y en esa batalla se lleva al extremo. La manera de obtener el Escudo Hyliano es un verdadero reto y pierdes peso de tanto agitar el mando.
  18. Nov 6, 2018
    A great game, beginning of all Zelda series, great gameplay, great puzzles, awesome
  19. Oct 23, 2018
    Having broken past the somewhat laborious first few hours, Skyward Sword has shown to offer some of the richest gameplay out of any adventure game. The main area in which the game can boast is its dungeons, which are finely crafted and challenging. Even the more open areas are puzzles in themselves. Despite the controls being exclusivist to disabled players, they are tight, skill-based andHaving broken past the somewhat laborious first few hours, Skyward Sword has shown to offer some of the richest gameplay out of any adventure game. The main area in which the game can boast is its dungeons, which are finely crafted and challenging. Even the more open areas are puzzles in themselves. Despite the controls being exclusivist to disabled players, they are tight, skill-based and rewarding. This game is phenomenal. Expand
  20. Jul 2, 2018
    Skyward Sword offers some of the best and worst aspects of modern 3D Zeldas. If you value story telling above gameplay, then Skyward Sword will be one of your favourite games in the Zelda franchise. The story was compelling and the characters had that unique Zelda charm that we’ve come to know and love about the series. The combat (which utilizes the Wii’s motion+ technology) can takeSkyward Sword offers some of the best and worst aspects of modern 3D Zeldas. If you value story telling above gameplay, then Skyward Sword will be one of your favourite games in the Zelda franchise. The story was compelling and the characters had that unique Zelda charm that we’ve come to know and love about the series. The combat (which utilizes the Wii’s motion+ technology) can take some getting used to, but I found myself having fun once I took the time to perform the correct motions. I should add that not all actions felt as natural as others. For example, rolling bombs seemed to require a great deal more precision than pulling back the string on your bow and arrows. Motion controls worked well all things considered, just so long as you remember to recalibrate the controller by swinging your sword vertically with large motions or by entering the menu screen and pressing down.

Speaking of the menu, the new item wheel was the most convenient way to swap out weapons on the fly, even better than using a touch screen because once you get accustomed to where your items are located on the wheel, muscle memory naturally guides your motions to the proper selection. I should also add that swimming in Skyward Sword feels great too. After spending roughly 400+ hours playing Breath of the Wild over 2 full playthroughs, it felt nice to go back and revisit Skyward Sword’s more traditional looking dungeons. The sandship was a personal favourite of mine and the lead up to it was just as fun as the dungeon itself. And of course, Nintendo nailed the music in this game as they always do for their AAA titles.

With these positives out of the way, it’s time to discuss the negatives. Link is accompanied by a companion whose very existence can annoy even the most patient of gamers. I’m talking of course about Fi, Link’s spirit companion that resides within his sword. At first, Fi seems just like any other companion until you take your first steps towards freedom...and by freedom I mean when the game actually begins, approximately 2 hours after introduction. Fi is not a “bad” companion per se. She’s actually very sweet and she does grow on the player towards the end of the game, if her warning alerts could be disabled that would make it so much easier to appreciate her character. Then we have the collection screen which mysteriously pops up each time Link collects new treasure and if you reset the system, all items collected are treated as “new items“ so the player is once again greeted with a 10 second pause to revisit the collection screen just to remind you that you have 60 amber relics. The good news is that most of these issues can be fixed with a remake.

One issue that may be harder to fix is the overworld itself. The sky is barren and there are only 3 areas below the clouds (Forrest, Desert, Volcano) and each of these areas has a sub-area which can only be reached by backtracking. This feels relatively small for a Zelda game even if the areas themselves are quite large. Some of the bosses, like Ghirahim and the Imprisoned, were recycled 3 times over and that does not include the times you’ll spend fighting them in boss rush mode. A completionist will have fought them both 5 times over the course of 1 playthrough. This isn’t a little excessive, this is padding pure and simple.

So in conclusion, if you had the patience to read my full review then you will probably enjoy Skyward Sword. It is a great game buried beneath a layer of frustrating decisions that can be easily rectified by an HD remake.
  21. Jun 16, 2018
    A spectacular Legend of Zelda game and the first one storywise. Don't let the motion controls distract you from playing the game; they perfectly fit in with the gameplay, which is really engaging and beautiful. The graphics look great as always. A unique and fantastic experience for Zelda fans.
  22. Jun 14, 2018
    Couldn’t even get through the first dungeon, had to quit because EFF MOTION CONTROLS!!! If you could have played this with a regular controller I might have given it an 8 or so. It’s such a chore to control Link and swing your sword in this game, should have done like they did with Twilight Princess and design the game so a regular controller could have been used as well. Besides theCouldn’t even get through the first dungeon, had to quit because EFF MOTION CONTROLS!!! If you could have played this with a regular controller I might have given it an 8 or so. It’s such a chore to control Link and swing your sword in this game, should have done like they did with Twilight Princess and design the game so a regular controller could have been used as well. Besides the controls, the overworld seemed very bland and boring, and the flying kinda sucked. Expand
  23. May 20, 2018
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    Zelda skyward llego a la wii para demostrar el potencial de la consola, el uso del wiimote en su perfección y una ves mas nintendo demuestra por que es la reina de la innovaccion creando un entretenido y único uno de los grandes de wii bueno, quiero hablarles de los puntos negativos del juego, demasiado lineal nuevamente el mismo problema que tenia twilight princess, se pierde mucho el tema de exploración en el juego y para los jugadores avanzados se les hace muy fácil lograr los objetivos demasiado tutorial en el juego te explican hasta lo mas sencillo y eso quita mucho tiempo de juego, esta bien que nintendo quiera entrar a las nuevas generaciones a la saga zelda y es un buen juego para empesar con esta maravillosa franquicia pero para los mas veteranos se nos hace un poco tedioso lo que es el tutorial vamos con los puntos que me maravillaron del juego, mazmorras para mi son una de la mejores de la saga zelda, con puzzles muy entretenidos que explotan el wiimote al máximo una gran
  24. Apr 30, 2018
    Skyward Sword was a great game, but Hero Mode just flat out sucks.

Pros: + Gameplay: I really liked the items found in dungeons and loved that they had uses outside of the dungeons. + Dungeons: Really unique and fun. However, they can occasionally be a bit boring and tedious. + Side Quests: I encountered quite a number of side quests (if you consider the Thunder Dragon one, then that
    Skyward Sword was a great game, but Hero Mode just flat out sucks.

Pros:
    + Side Quests: I encountered quite a number of side quests (if you consider the Thunder Dragon one, then that would be another great one), but they were pretty great.
    + Soundtrack: Pretty great to be honest.

Mix:
    = Motion Controls: There were rarely issues with them, but when they popped up they screwed me over.

Cons:
    - Overworld: It's a pretty bad one. However, unlike BotW, it has quite a lot of content within it that isn't golden poop.
    - Linearity: Usually I love linearity, but this just flat out sucks. No freedom to explore everywhere until you're at the end of the game.

Overall, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a wonderful 25th anniversary celebration (a WAY better celebration than Breath of the EA) and warrants an 8.4/10 from me.
  25. Apr 20, 2018
    Very good effort except for the clumsy controls that give back frustration. Story repetitive as always. Only the boss was named Demise instead of Ganon, Wow!
  26. Apr 8, 2018
    Fi: Thank you.
    Me in tears: No, Fi, thank you for everything.

The most equally beautiful and saddest moment in any game I've ever played.
  27. Mar 26, 2018
    Masterpiece, absolute masterpiece, story wise, character wise, graphic wise, everything, Apart ... from the controls. The controls are the only problem though. Skyward sword is at the level of Breath of the Wild and Ocarina of time and I give 10/10 for this masterpiece of a game!
  28. Mar 15, 2018
    My rating might have something to do with the fact that I was 12 years old when I first played Skyward Sword. Still, I absolutely adore this game and have played it multiple times in the past and probably still will in the future. The story is in my opinion the best in the Zelda franchise, which ultimately makes this my all time favourite game!
  29. Feb 21, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it's perfect, I put the 10/10, very nice graphics, fantastic story
    and has many items and gadgets!
  30. Feb 2, 2018
    Beautiful, fun, a good adventure that offers good playthrough. While I like other Zeldas more this is one of the best, while also being one of the best things you can play on a Wii.
  31. Dec 23, 2017
    This game is a good Zelda game. Its not the worst, but not the best, either. The dungeons were incredible. Sky Keep, Sandship, and Ancient Cistern being some of my favourites in the entire series! People complain that the motion controls were bad and laggy, but I enjoyed them and didn't have any major lag or problems with them. The bosses were awesome, with Ancient Cisterns "KOLOKTOS"This game is a good Zelda game. Its not the worst, but not the best, either. The dungeons were incredible. Sky Keep, Sandship, and Ancient Cistern being some of my favourites in the entire series! People complain that the motion controls were bad and laggy, but I enjoyed them and didn't have any major lag or problems with them. The bosses were awesome, with Ancient Cisterns "KOLOKTOS" being my all-time favourite Zelda boss to date. The art style is beautiful, and looks even better when upscaled to HD. I enjoyed Skyloft a lot, and the other islands were great supplements. Some problems is the huge amount of backtracking. this is where a lot of criticism come from, and I get it. Backtracking can be tedious, unless you're playing Metroidvanias, they have a pass. Redoing the Skieview temple was not that great, but if it leads to Ancient Cistern, then I'm all for it. The overworld was also small and linear, which a lot of people did not like because every Zelda game has to be open and can't change anything unless its BoTW.

Skyward sword is a great game, and Its fairly cheap right now, so buy it, give it a chance, and enjoy!
  32. Dec 19, 2017
    This game despite having the best graphical quality you can ever find on the WII, a cool story and a great ost suffers from the motion controls.

That's the unique problem with this game if we exclude the fact that this ugly psycho of ghirahim is in this game. Your new mount replaces Epona, it was getting a shore to have the same boring horse every game. The game also has new

The game also has new dungeons with kinda interesting puzzles and some challenge, but it's not that different compared to twilight princess.

The game has a couple of funny jokes/gags, whichn I'm fine with and unlike sonic boom it's not forced as heck.

In the end, the game is still let's say a masterpiece despite the motion controls.
  33. Nov 14, 2017
    Playing this game makes me wanna thrust my sword skyward into the nearest lightbulb outlet.

Motion controls ruined the gameplay for me, and I found everything else to be bland.
  34. Nov 7, 2017
    Great game, but too linear, sky isn't interesting enough and I reccomend you play it only one time. Becouse for the second time game becomes way more tiring in the late game. Still amazing dungeones and places to explore. The beginning may be a little to long too and infamous Fi is here but I'm sure that you will like her after credits.
  35. Oct 3, 2017
    best zelda game ever.
    the controls never posed any problem. they never got unsyncronized, and anyone that says otherwise simply doesnt use them properly.
    best music, bosses, and dungeon design in any zelda game, and second best story (after twilight princess). minor complaints: 1. fighting the imprisoned for the 3rd time. the first 2 were fine but 3rd got repetitive. 2. a bit too
    best zelda game ever.

minor complaints:
    2. a bit too short. BUT judging a game on what it doesnt have is stupid. what IS in the game is fantastic.
  36. Aug 30, 2017
    I absolutely love Skyward Sword, and it may be my favorite Zelda title to date. Yes, even after Breath of the Wild's release. To the average Zelda fan, this is complete and utter blasphemy, and let me just say that I totally understand why people choose to hate this game. However, I adore this game because it lines up with my own personal taste in video games perfectly. I concede that theI absolutely love Skyward Sword, and it may be my favorite Zelda title to date. Yes, even after Breath of the Wild's release. To the average Zelda fan, this is complete and utter blasphemy, and let me just say that I totally understand why people choose to hate this game. However, I adore this game because it lines up with my own personal taste in video games perfectly. I concede that the controls may not work for everybody, but I for one loved the implementation of motion controls, as they set up a whole new variety of creative puzzle-solving possibilities. It is also true that this game is linear, but I do not see that as a bad thing; this game is story-driven to its very core, and that results in a linear gameplay model based on progressing through the game from point to point. If you are not a fan of story-driven games with long cutscenes, then you will most likely not be a fan of Skyward Sword. But if you are like me and enjoy having plenty of context and a sense of direction for your adventure, then this game is made for you. The story itself is complex, multi-faceted, and at times very emotional, and this helps you immerse yourself into the action. The presentation of this game is fantastic as well, with a beautiful impressionistic art style that results in these unforgettable colorful environments and landscapes that all stand out as some of the most beautiful locations in Zelda history. The music is on par with Super Mario Galaxy as some of the most beautiful, evocative music in video game history, written chiefly by Mahito Yokota. The beautiful environments blend with the music seamlessly, making for a variety of unforgettable moments from when you first experience these areas. The Faron Woods, Ancient Cistern, and Lanayru Sand Sea stand out in particular as areas you just want to explore to your heart's content... and you can!! This game is an unforgettable experience and I completely recommend it to anybody wanting to immerse themselves in a long, inspired, story-driven experience. Expand
  37. Aug 18, 2017
    I've competed Skyward Sword in 2012 and I am ashamed to admit it was my first Zelda game ever (at that time). I then completed TP, WW, BOTW, ALTTP, ALBW, both oracle games, the Minish Cap, FSA, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening. This is the best Zelda game hands down for me. Not because it was my first one, but because of all the weapons, the graphics, the puzzles, theI've competed Skyward Sword in 2012 and I am ashamed to admit it was my first Zelda game ever (at that time). I then completed TP, WW, BOTW, ALTTP, ALBW, both oracle games, the Minish Cap, FSA, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening. This is the best Zelda game hands down for me. Not because it was my first one, but because of all the weapons, the graphics, the puzzles, the linear story, etc. This is very nice and special game especially with the wii remote and the nunchuck!! Anybody who owns a Wii should play this title. 10 out of 10 for me nothing more nothing less.

PS The people complaining about the controls must not be very...how can I say it...well you know what I mean...
  38. Jun 21, 2017
    After two complete walkthroughs, i have to say it is not the best Zelda game, but it is still very good and while it fails at some ponts, it rightfully succeeds at others.
    Gameplay: peoplr often complain about this. I have to say controls aren´t that bad. They work brilliantly most of the time ( that doesn't mean it didn't give me problems). 8/10
    Graphics: charismatic and beautifully
    Graphics: charismatic and beautifully done, good for wii standards
    Story: Maybe one of the strongests point in this game: every character here is outstanding and it feels pretty emotive.
    Although that, it isn't really unique. 9/10
    Soundtrack/ sound design: Srongest point, it has many beautiful tunes and works complementing with story masterfully done, embracing the emotion. Sound design is very good, too 10/10
    Level design: Probably weakest point of the game, there's some nasty repetition and its worls was too linear 7/10
    overall: 8/10 , at least here
  39. Jun 11, 2017
    Skyward Sword is a great game but in a series of consistent masterpieces it falls a bit short. I was very torn about Skyward Sword, it is a unique experience and a bold change from the more traditional style of Twilight Princess. A lot of the ideas in terms of gameplay and story are really good but I felt that the execution of many of those ideas just wasn't as good as they could haveSkyward Sword is a great game but in a series of consistent masterpieces it falls a bit short. I was very torn about Skyward Sword, it is a unique experience and a bold change from the more traditional style of Twilight Princess. A lot of the ideas in terms of gameplay and story are really good but I felt that the execution of many of those ideas just wasn't as good as they could have been. It seems to be one of the most polarizing games in the series and I think it deserves both the criticism and the praise. It's my least favorite 3D Zelda but I still like it a lot.

Gameplay wise Skyward Sword is a very mixed bag. It has some really cool new mechanics. Flying around on a loft wing was an awesome idea and its pretty fun at first but it gets old pretty quickly because there really isn't much to explore or do while flying. Flying felt far more like a mini-game than an immersive way to explore the world. Combat being controlled with the Wii mote can be rewarding because it requires a lot more than just taping the attack button but it can get tiresome. For the most part it works pretty well but there were times that I found it frustrating to use and shoehorned in. The camera is also inferior to many of the past Zelda games because you don't have as much control over it. I really like the item crafting though as it made collecting far more rewarding than it is in many other games. There were a few really cool items like the whip and flying Beetle but there aren't that many items compared to some of the past entries. Like most Zelda games the gameplay is very good with easy menus and an intuitive interface but the motion controls do more harm than good.

The story is good but not great. In many areas it attempts to flesh out Zelda and Link more than in the past, which I liked but I didn't like the tone nearly as much as some of the past games. While I enjoyed seeing Zelda take a bit more of an active role in her own quest her actions seemed kind of superficial in the end. The concept behind Demise started out pretty interesting but the ending was a disappointment. Overall I felt that the story, while more complex than a lot of the Zelda games, lacked the subtlety and tone of games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. There are some really great scenes throughout the journey though and the story is fairly well paced. Not one of my favorites but certainly not bad.

The world in Skyward Sword is also a mixed bag. A couple of the Dungeons are some of the best in the series while others are very average. The Ancient Cistern is awesome, full of cool fun puzzles and really memorable moments within. There are more dungeons than Wind Waker but far less than Twilight Princess. The number of Dungeons would be fine if there were a big over world with lot to explore like in Wind Waker but that isn't the case. The over world in Skyward Sword is not very open and is instead broken into sections that seem more like entry points to the dungeons themselves. While these areas are still fun to explore to me they are far less interesting than the over worlds of past Zelda games. Despite its flaws though I still think its a far better than most game. Each area is well thought out and most of it is fun to traverse.

For the most part I didn't like the characters nearly as much as I have in past Zelda games but I did like that there were more character driven scenes. Even though Link and Zelda are both given more story scenes than usual I felt that both of their depictions were far less interesting than other games in the series. Link seems generic this time around, nothing about him stood out to me as unique or interesting. Link has never been the deepest character but he usually starts out with something compelling about him (Such as being the only Hylian living among the Kokiri making him an outsider both to them and everyone else he encounters). Zelda is fine but there is very little mystery about her and she doesn't seem to do much to earn her triforce of wisdom. Ghirahim started out as a pretty unique villain and he has some great scenes but his ending was a big letdown. There are a few standout characters. I thought Groose was a really amusing character and seeing his journey over the course of the game was quite satisfying. Fi is a far inferior sidekick compared to Midna, the King of Red Lions, and even Navi.

The soundtrack is classic Zelda, it's excellent. I wouldn't say it is the best in the series but it is just as good as past entries. Fi's theme, Ballad of the Goddess, and Romance in Sky all stand out as some of my favorite songs in the series. My only major disappoint with the soundtrack is that the role of music doesn't seem to be nearly as well integrated into the plot and gameplay. Link having an instrument just seems put in an afterthought and doesn't play nearly as significant or meaningful a role as it did in Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

I give Skyward Sword 84%
  40. May 20, 2017
    An underrated game. The motion controls aren't as bad as people make them out to be. The game is a little bit handholdy in places but if you can look past that, It's a wonderful game with some of the best dungeons in any Zelda game. It has a water dungeon that is actually amazing and deserves a lot of praise for that
  41. May 7, 2017
    This 25 Anniversary Game of The Legend of Zelda is Amazing in many ways, first the story of this game is better than other big games of zelda like ocarina of time, the music is amazing like in any game of zelda, the gameplay is good, it isn´t the better but i enjoyed it, for me this is one of my five favorites games of The Legend of Zelda.
  42. May 6, 2017
    The hate this game got because its "bad motion controls" is unfair... at least I didn't have a single issue with the motion controls. I don't deny other people could had these issues but I didn't.
    This game stayed as my favorite Zelda game until of course Breath Of The Wild came out. But this game is just beautiful.
  43. May 3, 2017
    For me, the control mechanic of Skyward Sword is at the first place among the games I've ever played. Though I admit some people would hate this kind of motion control...
  44. Apr 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego es LA LEYENDA DE ZELDA increible, jugabilidad increible, historia increible, personajes increibles, pero tiene dos grandes detalles, la implementacion del motion plus entorpece visualmente, y que se use la trifuerza para pedir el deseo de acabar con el mal y que al mal lo aplaste una roca lo sacaron sin escalas de mis juegos favoritos,, es una pena Expand
  45. Apr 18, 2017
    Amazing game! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games in the series, for the wii, and even all time!
    It has some of the best dungeon design in the series, with notable standouts being Ancient Cistern and Sandship, and one of the new developments they took with this game- having the overworld feature puzzles in the vein of metroid, worked really well too. The game features some truly wonderful areas, from the pleasant Faron Woods, which is jam-packed with things to explore, to the vast Sand Sea, which is one of the most creative examples of level design I've seen in any game. The sky is also awesome- I find it funny when people complain about it being empty. ITS THE SKY!!! What did you expect?? It does have the occasional island, but thats all I expected of it. The main overworld where all the intsersting secrets and such is on the surface! The main hub area, Skyloft, is also great and filled with side-quests to do inbetween the main game.
    One of the biggest new features of the game is its full use of 1:1 motion controls. Other than occasionally having to recalibrate, they work fantastic! It was such a joy to have Link's sword swings match up with yours, and this made for some awesome sword fights, even with smaller enemies. The game's combat now has an added layer of depth and strategy- you have to watch your enemies movements and hit them a certain way.The boss fights are also a blast, and make excellent, creative use of the motion controls. Ghirahim, Demise, Levias, and Koloktos are the highlithgts. There are also some really awesome moments in this game, like scaling soaring desert cliffs with the clawshots, speeding through an ancient shipyard on mine carts, flying through the vast sky on your loftwing. The Silent Realms, which are a new addition to the series, are also awesome, and do a really good job of scaring the sh*t out of you!
    The story is very well done- this is one of the most story-driven zelda games, with a more extensive use of cinematic cutscenes and a strong narrative. Without any spoilers, its great, and works as a great set-up for the series. There are some really emotional moments, and its filled with great, unique characters. Groose is awesome! He gets his own story arc which even leads to some surprisingly emotional scenes. Even Link is more expressive this time! This is the best depiction of Link and Zelda in the whole series in my opinion. Yes, this is more linear than most zeldas, but it allows for a very cinematic, story-driven experience while still feeling like an actual video GAME.
    The music in this game, while not quite living up to other 3D zeldas, is outstanding and varied. The soundtrack ranges from epic orchestral pieces, to catchy rural tunes, to oriental-inspired themes, and all in all its fantastic.
    One of the best things about this game is its sheer creativity and vision. They really wanted to create a unique experience, and succeeded in every way! From new, incredibly creative game mechanics like the time-shift stones, to the revolutionary motion controls, the new items, to all the new additions they've added to the zelda formula. Also, some of the ideas and designs are so imaginative its crazy!! For example, there's a large sequence in the game where you hunt down ancient robot pirates on an invisible japanese-style ship across a sea of sand using stones that send you to the past. It doesn't get much more creative than that, and its incredibly awesome to witness! Overall, Skyward Sword is a truly awesome game, and the people who don't like it are, most often, ignorant fools who either A) have wireless internet in the vicinity interfering with the motion controls, B) don't know how to use motion controls (the vast majority), C) are nostalgia-blinded morons who say "ooh, its too linear...", or D) are Sony and Xbox fanboys.
  46. Apr 16, 2017
    The motion controls are aweful, it ruined what could've been an amazing Zelda game. The worst examples are swimming and the sword. It's used for literally everything. The story also isn't the best, Fi is an annoying horrible character who I hope we never see again. Also Ghirahim is the most nori g, pathetic Zelda villain ever. The fights with him are little more then glourified tutorials.The motion controls are aweful, it ruined what could've been an amazing Zelda game. The worst examples are swimming and the sword. It's used for literally everything. The story also isn't the best, Fi is an annoying horrible character who I hope we never see again. Also Ghirahim is the most nori g, pathetic Zelda villain ever. The fights with him are little more then glourified tutorials. The back tracking is annoying and boring. There's way too much of it, this is the most overrated game I've ever seen. Only reason this didn't get a 0 is because it looks good and has a good sound track, but that's not nearly enough things to save this piece of **** I hope that we get a remake on the Switch that gets rid of the motion controls. Expand
  47. Apr 8, 2017
    skyward sword es un genial juego de Zelda. Es un poco mas de accion y un poco mas facil. Pero eso se debe a el intento de usar lo mayor posible las opciones del WII y lo hace super bien. El juego tiene una gran historia y una excelente jugabilidad
  48. Apr 7, 2017
    This is the only Zelda title that completely lacks an overworld. Instead you have linear slices to play through that you visit multiple times that all look & feel kinda the same (except that one's green, one's red, and one's yellow... That's all that's really different.) You mostly fight the same few bosses over & over instead of getting new boss challenges to solve. Combat is slow andThis is the only Zelda title that completely lacks an overworld. Instead you have linear slices to play through that you visit multiple times that all look & feel kinda the same (except that one's green, one's red, and one's yellow... That's all that's really different.) You mostly fight the same few bosses over & over instead of getting new boss challenges to solve. Combat is slow and repetitive. The first few times swinging the sword to slice the enemy at the correct angle, it was alright, but after that it was more of a hindrance to push through to get back to playing the game.

Not that there was much game to play through. The whole thing was super easy. The hardest part was sitting through the interruptions whenever the game decided to tell you the solution to something you already figured out on your own, or to re-display text you already read about what things are.

The gratitude crystals were also very forgettable, unlike other Zelda games' collection items. There was no real searching needed to easily find them all.

The final dungeon was alright. I liked that dungeon's main gameplay mechanic. (Avoiding spoilers, but if you've played it, then you know what I'm talking about.) That's the only good thing I have to say about this game though.

The desert had a mechanic in it that looked like it could've been a lot of fun if they actually did much with it, but instead really just added a bit of blue coloring. (Avoiding spoilers, but if you played it, you probably know what I'm talking about.)
  49. Apr 5, 2017
    Pros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the farPros: I certainly enjoyed this creative game and I have been a loyal zelda fan since Link's Awakening on GB back in 1995. All of the Wii motion controls were implemented near flawlessly and I enjoyed using them in the game, they never really became obnoxious of any sort. They made the game challenging in a very good way. The art design is fresh and the impressionistic portrayal of the far scenery makes me feel like I'm exploring one huge painting and brings back memories of Super Mario 64. The story & main quest is heartfelt, lengthy, and provides character development as well as unexpected turns throughout. Most of the characters have their own marvelous personality and problems that you can help fix, and they remember you justly for your good deeds. I like the newly implemented potion making & item upgrading systems. I would find myself spending hours exploring the worlds looking for ingredients. There are a solid amount of new & reintroduced items to use; and for the most part they are used very well, and remain fun & useful after the dungeon you earned them in. Cons: The side-quest area is seriously lacking in my honest opinion. There were only about 2 sidequests & 1 mini-game I thoroughly enjoyed, and there are about 13 side quests and I think 5 mini-games. This still isn't enough in a Zelda game even if they lack substance. The main quest can take anywhere from 40-60 hours to complete, while the side content can only provide 10-15 hours max. Zelda games have always been known for having side content standing up to the main quest, and sadly it isn't true here. And you don't get very good rewards for alot of the side-quests anyways. Also whenever you pick up and ingredient or bug, no matter whether it's new or not, you have to go through a little cutscene and read about whatever you picked up every single time. This gets ridiculously annoying very fast. There is also a "Hero Mode" after you beat the game the first time, and it allows you to play through again with all the enemies doing double damage. Sadly that's all it adds to the experience and that is definitely not enough incentive to play through the game again. Now I can honestly say that every dungeon is truly amazing and stands up with some of the best dungeons in Zelda history; but I was seriously disappointed with a couple of the bosses, and I won't give away why, but I was and you might find out why if you choose to decide to buy the game. Because I still believe it is worth buying and is an above-average entry to the legendary Zelda series. Just don't expect it to fulfill all of your expectations, because I know that this wasn't everyones' cup of tea, even for die-hard Zelda fans. But you're getting a solid review from one right now! The game is about a 7.8 but it's either 7 or 8 on here. So it gets an 8. Expand
  50. Mar 31, 2017
    excelente titulo, la incorporación del motion plus en la saga zelda fue un rotundo éxito.. los final boss, la música, la historia... todo es excelente. Dzaga
  51. Mar 29, 2017
    I love the Zelda Franchise and I did enjoy this game. But it is one of the weakest Zelda titles. I loved Zelda in this game. She finally was a real person and had a believable friendship with Link. The dungeons were mostly very good, especially the one with the time stone. I also remember great boss fights.

But the game has too much back tracking. I had problems with the motions

But the game has too much back tracking. I had problems with the motions controls. And the worst thing was that stupid fight against the Imprisoned, which you have to do 3 times. It was absolutely tedious with no fun involved.

All in all it was a fun game, but clearly not as good as other titles in the franchise.
  52. Mar 27, 2017
    nunca tuve problemas con los controles y me gustaron mucho los rompecabesas tanto que cuando lo jugue pense que era un juego de 10 pero simpre que trato de volver a jugarlo recurdo a fii y como le gusta a el juego agarrarte la mano y nunca lo vuevo a juegar relmete es un buen juego pero tiene muchos errores del diseño se vulve lento por la nesesidad de incluir a fii interupiedote a cada minuto
  53. Mar 27, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Right off the bat Fi is annoying as hell. We can all agree on that. Motion controls, whilst some have condemned this game and I can honestly say I felt the same within the first few hours of gameplay but after a while it wasn't about swatting spider webs out of ones face, each wave had to be a grace like, gentle motion for the controls to be picked up. Skyward Sword has easily become one of my all time favourite Zelda games, not without fault but by far one of the best I've played.

The story will often have the players revisit the three main areas. The Faron, Lanayru and Eldin provinces. Each area will have hidden areas that players will eventually revisit at certain points in the story which helps makes things a bit more interesting. One thing that could've made this better was having a proper open like world like previous zelda games, but due to certain story elements I guess they deliberately did that for a reason, maybe even for restrictions on the wii.

The story is by far one of the most loveable, engaging and heart yanking Zelda stories I've played. With certain characters growing more closely to Link you actually want to help every npc you come across. The side missions carry the best I have seen in a zelda game apart from Majora's Mask. But in this it feels more like a Utopian society for the people in Skyloft. A place where you don't want any evil to reach due to how peaceful the atmosphere is in the sky. With each character generally being used for a purpose throughout not only the main story but also with side missions. The side missions are a great payoff often resulting in great rewards that help to upgrade gear or purchase better gear. Exploration is as rewarding as ever, some treasure chests having adventure packs which enable Link to carry more bottles, shields, bomb bags etc. Whilst some chests require more exploration to find goddess cubes this also helps to add a little more adventure to those seeking to expand their arsenal.

Whilst the temples in this were by far some of the most unique looking in any Zelda game each having oddly shaped rooms not just cube like rooms the temples were rather short but still quite fun to explore.
    The music is probably by far the best I've heard from any Zelda game, even though Fi was an annoying character her piece of music at the end "Fi's gratitude" did break my heart a little, especially with the final words she says to Link.

The iteration of Link and Zelda in this is by far the most enriching and unique I've seen in any game. As every turn you feel the desperation to help Zelda and to be by her side through any ordeal. Not only has she certain moments when she's in danger but at times she even has Link's back especially when Groose is trying to put Link down. This made the game feel more personal and intimate at times, often getting side tracked but the beautiful art style and landscapes that I hope a HD remake will come onto the switch with clearer and sharper graphics.

The bosses in this, whilst some where eyebrow raise worth such as "Tentalus" all were unique even constant reappearance's of Ghirahim were actually quite fun, especially the way Ghirahim reacted and danced at times. The first encounter with him was remarkably hard to work out or it was just the joy of also fighting with the wii remote was actually quite fun as it wasn't just the usual strike the big yellow object. It was a bit more subtle, as was most of the other bosses. They all seemed to be designed around the motion control which in the end actually worked out quite well for bosses.

I would've liked to have seen more ariel combat with Link being able to hold his side to attack. But given the control layout may've been problematic. One of the most annoying things about this game that hinders it mostly is every time you go back into the game and pick up and item it'll pause the game and go into the inventory and show you what item was picked up, though this can also be skipped by getting out the beetle device and catching the items it still wastes the players time to do something like that especially when it's like a centre metre in front of you.

So overall a great game, with underwater segments and combat abilities, running up shields is awesome to escape confrontations at certain points. Definitely one of my all time favourite Zelda games.
  54. Mar 26, 2017
    The controls are love-em-or-hate-em. If you take an hour or two to really focus on the nuances of the motion controls (small gestures, not giant swinging), you'll fall in love with this game. The puzzles and enemies are unlike any other game because of how precise and fantastic the sword controls are. It's linear, but that aids the story. Also, the characters and side quests make thisThe controls are love-em-or-hate-em. If you take an hour or two to really focus on the nuances of the motion controls (small gestures, not giant swinging), you'll fall in love with this game. The puzzles and enemies are unlike any other game because of how precise and fantastic the sword controls are. It's linear, but that aids the story. Also, the characters and side quests make this world a fantastic one to live in! Expand
  55. Mar 16, 2017
    This may be the most flawed console zelda game of all, but it also has the biggest strenghts of all. The story is great, you feel as if zelda is actually a person, not just a prize and accomplishment for beating the game. Lanaryu Deserts dungeon may be one of the best dungeons ever: creative level design, interesting enemies, great boss fight, good atmosphere. The motion controls neverThis may be the most flawed console zelda game of all, but it also has the biggest strenghts of all. The story is great, you feel as if zelda is actually a person, not just a prize and accomplishment for beating the game. Lanaryu Deserts dungeon may be one of the best dungeons ever: creative level design, interesting enemies, great boss fight, good atmosphere. The motion controls never REALLY bothered me, probaly because my couch is close to the TV.

But the amount of times the game slows you down and the repetitive boss fights, are huge downs. allong with a sky just acting as a hub world, no interconnected world and this being the most linear zelda game ever, are big drawbacks.

The art style and music of this game is the best of any zelda games before it. I don't really care about graphics, but this just amazed me, it looked better then most highly realistic games. And the music is just stunning. I only listen to a few game soundtracks and i listen to this one by far the most. I even have isle of songs playing in the background while writing this.

All in all, this may not be the best zelda game, but i comes close in my opinion.
  56. Mar 12, 2017
    Sensacional, zerei em setenta horas duas vezes, jogue no mode hero, só assim o jogo ficará cem por cento, muito bom, só não bati palma por que eram duas e meia da manhã
  57. Mar 12, 2017
    Whether you are new to the Zelda series, or a long time fan: do yourself a favor and skip this one. This is the only Zelda game I've started and not finished. I really tried to enjoy this game, but around the halfway point I had to put it down because it was SO TEDIOUS.

This game is a hand-holding, linear chore that seem more interested in the quirky characters than the exploration or adventure or problem solving. The motion controls work well enough, but it feels extremely awkward and it causes link's arm animations to be stiff. This makes Link almost always run around pointing his sword in the air like an idiot when at rest. Combat usually boils down to "swing sword from this specific direction" with no variety in strategy. The worst boss fight in the game is reused 3 times. The stamina bar seems to lack utility other than to limit your running. Which is a shame because apart from a couple of really great moments, there is little environment to marvel at. The dungeons themselves are decent, but there are so few of them. The second half of the game is just running back through areas you already were to collect balls of light in this awful mini game.

Go play any other Zelda. This is the series at its lowest point. Go get Breath of the Wild or Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker or Majora's Mask or Link Between worlds. If you are getting this for a child, consider another title please. This will turn your kid into a mindless drone with no ability to think for himself.
  58. Mar 11, 2017
    Although I rather enjoyed this game, I understand and mostly share some of the concerns.

One of the best parts of this game were the cut scenes and the story - although some of the bits in-between were sometimes a bit of a mess, the cutscenes kind of tie it all together. For me, they were one of my main inspirations for proceeding in the game, rather than for the sake of completing it - Always a plus for a game.

I kind of enjoyed the visual style, which was sort of a more traditional, if not more 'bright' rendition of Twilight Princess's theme. It's also noticeable that this 'Brightness' isn't *Too* bright; instead of hurting to look at, you can recognise it as a style rather than a forced lighting change. The areas were nicely presented, but they don't give you as much space to explore, like games such as Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask do. Due to this, I think the game might of been a bit better if the areas below actually connected, though I'm not sure how that would work with the whole map and falling through the sky thing the game has going. The 'connecting' of different areas in the majority of other Zelda games, in my opinion, seems to generally make the world feel like its actually a world you're exploring.

Something I didn't really like at all was the whole 'Dowsing' thing in order to get to the dungeon. It kind of takes away the magic of exploring the area and trying to find a way, which is almost never a tedious experience in a lot of other Zelda titles. It also makes the areas almost seem like a one way path which you have to follow, only making very slight detours here and there.

In regards to the motion controls, I honestly didn't have an issue - BUT. If it *does* happen, (and apparently, its more often than you think!), then its a pretty game ruining experience. This is probably just a way of showing off the consoles features in a Zelda title though, so I can kind of see what Nintendo were trying to do. I'll just leave it at that.

All the Zelda games have it - The water temple, That other water temple, The water temple from that other game, you name it: there's always a puzzle which takes too long for you to figure out and ruins the moment, or simply seems like too much of a chore, even for the most determined individual. This wasn't *too* bad of a problem in Skywards Sword, however the parts I remember as being tedious are pretty bad. The whole 'empowering of the master sword' thing seemed cool at first, but it just kind of seemed like they ran out of ideas and were throwing me in slightly different places in the same areas.

Finally, I'd like to address maybe the biggest letdown of the game, the sky. Y'know, the main part of the entire game. I kinda thought they'd have it basically be the reverse of Windwaker's The Great Sea, but what it turned out to be was no where near as good. The sky can be described as just... kind of empty. Sure, there's islands, but they take just that extra 30 seconds too long to actually reach - the in-between is literal nothingness. The Great Sea may of been empty and has quite a large space between islands, but it gives that *Zelda Vibe* of exploration and adventure - Its a whole darn ocean for Pete's sake! There's so much to look at, so much in the horizon, and you want to explore it all. I was hoping for a similar feeling with the sky, but it unfortunately failed to deliver.

Despite all this, they managed to hit a near perfect score with another Zelda game. Again. Huge, Exciting tracks like Ballad of the Goddess alongside peaceful and charming ones like Romance match nearly every scene perfectly. Ballad of the Goddess especially is one of my all time favourite tracks from ANY Zelda game - now that's saying something!

Overall, I'd rate this game a 6/10, though perhaps leaning more towards a 5 than a 7. Although the Cutscenes and music were really good, its lack of exploration and traditional Zelda gameplay which lets this title down. They tried to do something different, but it didn't go all too well. Hopefully this game should reinforce the idea that exploration is a pretty big part of what makes Zelda Zelda.
  59. Mar 11, 2017
    El peor Zelda de todos sin dudarlo. Puede que el juego como tal sea uno de los mejores pero el sistema de control destroza por completo la experiencia.
  60. Mar 6, 2017
    Skyward Sword is one of the best video games I have ever played, the story is amazing, the graphics are the best on wii, the story is the best of the franchise and one of the best stories ever put in a video game, the gear is original, and, the controls and gameplay are also the best of the series. Skyward Sword also has some of the best bosses ever seen in a video game (yes I'm looking atSkyward Sword is one of the best video games I have ever played, the story is amazing, the graphics are the best on wii, the story is the best of the franchise and one of the best stories ever put in a video game, the gear is original, and, the controls and gameplay are also the best of the series. Skyward Sword also has some of the best bosses ever seen in a video game (yes I'm looking at you Koloktos and Ghirahim). What more can I say? This is the best Zelda game ever made and is the ultimate motion-controlled game. Expand
  61. Mar 4, 2017
    Epic adventure. Didn´t expect that a Zelda could get so high level on their story telling capabilities.
    The only thing I would have liked to improve is the duration of the game.

Loved it.
  62. Mar 4, 2017
    The game is well made, with a special attention to the details, as Nintendo always likes to do. I think is unfairly underrated, the most unfairly underrated of all: play with the controls with that so perfect motion precision gives an unique experience, as well as the Paul Cézanne's art style fits perfectly with the whole game concept. There is a great story in (the beginning of theThe game is well made, with a special attention to the details, as Nintendo always likes to do. I think is unfairly underrated, the most unfairly underrated of all: play with the controls with that so perfect motion precision gives an unique experience, as well as the Paul Cézanne's art style fits perfectly with the whole game concept. There is a great story in (the beginning of the chronology of the franchise), and lot of charismatic characters, unforgettable enemies and lot of things to do, places well designed and well thought dungeons. One of the best Zelda games for sure. Expand
  63. Mar 4, 2017
    The color, atmosphere, animation and orchestrated sound really bring it to life. The dungeons are creative with imaginative puzzles. But, like Twilight Princess, it was a unfinished "Zelda".
  64. Mar 1, 2017
    This is a Zelda game with some of the series most fantastic dungeons / puzzles / designs. But sadly its all wrapped around this horrible idea of motion controls. The most difficult part of the game is struggling with getting the motion controls to do what you want, when you need it to. Some of the bosses require specific hand waving motions, and even with the official Wii+ remotes,This is a Zelda game with some of the series most fantastic dungeons / puzzles / designs. But sadly its all wrapped around this horrible idea of motion controls. The most difficult part of the game is struggling with getting the motion controls to do what you want, when you need it to. Some of the bosses require specific hand waving motions, and even with the official Wii+ remotes, sometimes it just doesn't work. It feels like your fighting the motion controls more than the monsters that inhabit this new Legend of Zelda world.

They even put an option in the items menu for re-calibrating the controls since it messes up so often. I had to do this a few times to get to grips with the controls, and it totally takes me out of the experience, since it a strange stoppage to put down your controller, and wait 30 seconds for it to not be stupid.

Visually its one of the best looking Wii era games. Distant backdrop are mosaic-ed in the beautiful colorful scheme throughout the whole game. Characters and creatures are distinctive and make the world feel very much so alive.

I finally just beat the game in preparation for BOTW. (since it was my only Zelda game i never finished) And the story, dungeons, and overall look of the game screams classic Zelda game, but having to play it was a pain, because the motion controls completely ruined the video gaming experience.
  65. Feb 26, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a mixed bag from start to finish. It comes tauntingly close to a really fun and engaging Zelda game at times, but overall it's a drudge to get through. Everything element in the game progresses in a very basic pattern; Fi comes out, tells you to go to unlock a new location, you go to the new location, she tells you to dowse for some items, you dowseThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a mixed bag from start to finish. It comes tauntingly close to a really fun and engaging Zelda game at times, but overall it's a drudge to get through. Everything element in the game progresses in a very basic pattern; Fi comes out, tells you to go to unlock a new location, you go to the new location, she tells you to dowse for some items, you dowse for said items, she tells you to find a dragon, you find the dragon, and then you get to the dungeon. Rinse and repeat. After the first dungeon, everything that follows is completely predictable. The fact that the different areas are disconnected from one another and are only accessed through drop-off points from the hub world only adds to the feeling that you're simply being lead from point A to point B (often literally as you have to dowse for items with your sword far more often than necessary) than getting to explore a vast world. For these reasons, the world you explore is a bust. The combat doesn't fair much better. This may vary person to person, but in my experience the motion controls were unresponsive and often unpredictable which made combat unsatisfying. Fighting simple enemies like keese or bokoblins became a chore. This become even more of a problem when some bosses required being fought multiple times throughout the game. The remaining elements that I felt left down with are the characters and quests. I found both to be rather lacking, with very few interesting NPCs (the Goron bud and Groose were my favorites by far) and most of the side quests boiling down to simple collectathons. All of these things hampered the experience for me greatly, but it's not all bad. The music is great, and the atmosphere is often spectacular. I didn't like Ghirahim as much as other baddies like Vaati, Zant, or Ganon, but he was still a fun character. I also enjoyed the segments where you have to outwit the invincible guardian enemies while running from safe zone to safe zone. I don't think Skyward Sword is a bad game, but it's not a great game. For a game in the Zelda series though, I was personally disappointed. Expand
  66. Feb 14, 2017
    Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game ever made, along with Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword's graphics are amazing, the best graphics on wii. The controls are the best in the series, they worked flawlessly for me and were extremely immersive. The new items such as the gust bellows, clawshots, bug net, and beetle (the most innovative item in the Zelda series) are amazing and extremelySkyward Sword is the best Zelda game ever made, along with Ocarina of Time. Skyward Sword's graphics are amazing, the best graphics on wii. The controls are the best in the series, they worked flawlessly for me and were extremely immersive. The new items such as the gust bellows, clawshots, bug net, and beetle (the most innovative item in the Zelda series) are amazing and extremely original (I also loved the whip). This game has some of the best boss battles in the series: Koloktos (the best Zelda boss ever, if you ask me), Ghirahim (all 3 battles against him are awesome, especially the 3rd one), Levias/Bilocyte, and of course Demise. The story is the one of the best cinematic experiences ever made (I personally think the game was better off without voice acting), for the first time I actually cared about Zelda. If you have a wii, this is the Zelda game to get. Expand
  67. Jan 22, 2017
    Lack of open overworld makes this a very cheap version of the Zelda concept. The Graphics don't do the game any favor either, featuring an extremely shot render distance and a general feel of blurriness.
  68. Jan 21, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a long time coming, that's for sure- But, the wait was worth it: in a polished world that pushes the hardware of the wii to its uttermost limit, each and every bird, plant and bug has been carefully placed to create a land of muted pastel colours delivered in excruciating detail. The dungeons flow into the overworld, the overworld flows into theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a long time coming, that's for sure- But, the wait was worth it: in a polished world that pushes the hardware of the wii to its uttermost limit, each and every bird, plant and bug has been carefully placed to create a land of muted pastel colours delivered in excruciating detail. The dungeons flow into the overworld, the overworld flows into the dungeons, and the many excellent boss fights surprise you in unexpected arenas and levels of challenge. The gameplay is varied by excellent combat that takes full advantage of the great precision of the wiimote plus, interposed with a number of unique puzzles, each different from the last. the characters feel authentic and the story, rendered in a minimalist way, feels true and grounded in the lives of the players on the stage. The spaces that the hero inhabits feel full of secrets and mystery, with new wrinkles in the story frequently revealing hidden elements of what was thought to be an area already long scoured. the mechanics for gameplay are evidently polished and robust; truly, this game sets a high standard of sheer quality of software for coming titles in the series. No doubt, this is one of my favorite video games of all time, and better still, one of the best ones ever made, from an artistic, gameplay, level design, and mechanical perspective. Expand
  69. Jan 9, 2017
    This is a pretty damn good Zelda installment. The graphics look nice, and the music is good. But the plot is one that I didn't really care for and the motion control is just plain bad, though not so bad as to tarnish the whole experience. Overall, I recommend you check it out, as it's really a fun time.
  70. Dec 30, 2016
    Brutal! Mas de 50 horas de juego, y la mejor historia que he jugado (Pensar que nunca había jugado Zelda porque la ladilla de leer y leer - que ignorante fui) Skyward Sword fue burtal! voy por A Link to the Past!
  71. Dec 3, 2016
    I will start off in saying Skyward Sword is overall a great game. Great, but not excellent or amazing like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess were.

The story is fresh and I think is one of the games strong points. It sets you in a completely different environment than what you are used to in previous titles, reminiscent of Majora's Mask when you realized Termina Field is not Hyrule, but makes sense when you understand that Skyward Sword takes place very early in the LOZ timeline. There are familiar names or "roots" of names you will recognize from other titles (titles that take place in the future of the LOZ timeline) that really makes the story feel special that you are playing through the very early period of the Zelda Universe and setting events in place for the future.

The Wii Motion plus controls -- I love them and I hate them at the same time. The are a breath of fresh air, especially in the beginning, when you realize the game was built around them as opposed to the other way around. Eventually though, you get the feeling that some features are there just for the sake of being there. For example, opening up boss rooms becomes an oft-frustrating task that often boils down to a lucky flip of your wrist instead of precise motion. Other puzzles with the motion controls simply boil down to praying the sensor doesn't go crazy and really fails to make you THINK or challenge your mind to solve it.

The score in this game is also good, but not spectacular. I certainly felt immersed playing in LOZ game with familiar songs and sound effects, the game's music failed to capture my mind in the way that Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess had. Speaking more to TP, the overworld theme of TP is still a song that rings in my memory -- as were the ambiance of various locations throughout the world. SS fails in that respect. The song while flying becomes very repetitive and though an appropriate brass-filled overture for the sky, it just misses the mark for what you'd expect from a newer LOZ game in composition and memorability.

Worth mentioning here is the musical instrument of this game. It felt like a gimmick for the sake of including an instrument. The songs largely do not matter other than a "one time use" to progress the story at specific points, and especially don't matter since you don't control the actual tones with the controls - the game plays it for you. This really disappointed me when you think back to OOT, Majora's Mask, and even TP where the Wolf howling, though superficial at its core, was turned into a memory game that had you controlling the pitch.

Finally, the puzzles. I found most of the game's puzzles to be interesting and challenging, requiring you to integrate knowledge from all previous Zelda games but most impressively they often required you to make use of items you received much earlier in the game. This is a fresh departure from previous Zelda titles where many puzzles only integrate the 1 or 2 items you most recently received while forgetting the rest. All items you get in Skyward Sword have a purpose and may be needed at any point in any dungeon. As great as all of that is, the game also baby's you. The in-game helper (i.e. Navi/Tat'l/Midna equivalent) is EXTREMELY annoying and often interrupts you right when you start to think about where you are or what to do next -- breaking the immersion and the flow of the preceding events or the events that are about to happen. Many times I found myself wishing for a setting for "experienced player" or "advanced player" where I didn't get interrupted and told immediately what to do or where I had to go until I had a chance to figure it out for myself.

This game would have seriously benefited from a simple button to call for help when you wanted it but otherwise leaving you to your own devices until called for. It made the game feel even more linear than it already was having someone constantly saying 'OK go here next', or 'how about do this to solve the puzzle and then go here.'

Overall, Skyward Sword is a great game and fine addition to the series. It falls short of the mark in music, and some of the Wii motion controls end up pissing you off quite a bit. The game has some really challenging puzzles, while also having a little too much nannying or "babying" on the part of the in-game helper. The story is fresh and interesting, but is extremely linear (almost to a fault) and late in the game it has you doing things that feel bored or repetitive as if the tasks only exist to prolong the game but not the story.

I rate this game an 7.5/10 overall, but I just felt there was something missing that made games like OOT and TP the masterpieces that they were. I round down to a 7 because the mini-games and peripheral things to do in SS also fall very short of the mark for me.
  72. Oct 30, 2016
    I've always like the Legend of Zelda franchise. I grew up with it and I've played every game. So I was excited to play Skyward sword.

The game uses advanced motion detection in the controller to better detect player movement. The idea was that they were going to make an attempt at emulating sword play in the game. When I first started playing, I thought it was a unique idea, but the longer I played, the longer I realized I didn't like it, I really wanted to just play with a standard controller.

The game makes it a point to bascially justify the existance of the new motion controller, by making you have to use it constantly. While flying your bird, you have to wave your controller around to make it fly. In almost every dungeon there's stupid ropes you need to swing off of, or tightropes you have to balance on to cross large gaps. These felt fine at first, but once I realized that every location is literally littered with this junk, I became annoyed. Boss doors are locked with these stupid, 3D keys, that you have to spin around and rotate in order to get it to fit into the boss door. Neat concept but poorly used. I spent far too much time trying to figure out how to actually rotate the stupid key.

The Legend of Zelda has never been a platformer game. Granted, some of the games required a bit more climbing or jumping than previous titles, but the design they used for the game is going to have you constantly jumping from platform to platform, swining on ropes and vines and lame distractions like that.

Further, the game simply feels smaller than other titles because of how they chose to design the world. You'll start in a sky city and you can transverse the air with your bird. Once you get deeper into the game, you'll travel to the surface to explore, fight monsters and delve into dungeons. The problem is, these areas are all seperated into smaller locations, which are accessed by the sky. It makes each area feel small and isolated, instead of like a vast kingdom.

There's also your new assistant, Fi, who is constantly bothering you with needless information. She's worse than Navi in the N64 version. You are constantly being harassed by stuff no one cares about. It becomes frustrating really fast.

The reality is, this doesn't really feel like a true Legend of Zelda title, the motion controls really ruined it for me and it felt more like a theme park than a vast unexplored land.
  73. Sep 6, 2016
    This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre --This is a truly wonderful game. One of the best I've ever played. It is loaded with epic moments against incredibly-designed enemies, wonderful sword fights that actually feel like swashbuckling -- actually dealing with thrust/parry/swipe quick decisions instead of the "sit there with your shield up until they open up to an attack" characteristic of all other games in this genre -- head-scratching puzzles, clever relics and wonderful new world mechanics at every phase of the game.

You'll feel the full range of emotions you can get from video games -- the rush of feeling so incredibly powerful; The terror of impossible odds and the relief from overcoming them; the joy of getting to play with a new toy every hour or so; a sense of wonder from exploring the beautiful world designed for this game; both happiness and sadness from the wonderful story; the sheer frustration from some of the most difficult enemies near the end of the game, versus the overwhelming sense of accomplishment when you defeat them.

In the game's predecessor, Twilight Princess, the motion controls felt slapped on. In Skyward Sword, the game is designed around the motion controls, and many of the controls don't feel like they could really be replicated without them. They're very intuitive; my only complaint is at times they can be finicky -- i.e. they don't always respond to what you're *thinking* -- for example, you are thinking "swipe this way" but occasionally instead it swipes a different way. But the game is fun enough that even this seems to be a minor frustration compared to how much the game ROCKS.

Not quite perfect, but just about as close as it gets.
  74. Aug 18, 2016
    By far, the best Zelda game ever. The controls are amazing. People hate the controls because the tend to swing it at a **** 250km/hr. The music is stunning, and the visuals make you orgasm. 10/10
  75. Jul 24, 2016
    I really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from theI really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from the manual. I respect Nintendo's choice, the Wii's gimmick was motion controls, and other than SS I can't think of a game I've played that did them horribly, but from the get go I had nothing but issues, and had to re-calibrate them multiple times per session (especially the swimming segments, ughh) It finally came to a head when I was doing the Lightning round, and I was on the very last boss to get the shield. I tried twice. The first time I died and it was my own fault. The second time, I got to the 8th fight, only to die with about one or two hits left because the controls went completely out the window. I calibrated the wii remote 3 times in about a minute or two, and died because despite me thrusting it forward properly (required to hit the bosses last weak point), it made Link swing left and right like a madman regardless of what I did. I cannot in good conscience give this game any positive review, a game is built not just on it's story, sound and graphics, but it's controls (at least in my opinion, your mileage may vary) the things that are the throughput from gamer to game, and in Skyward Sword, they're nothing more than acceptable when they work 100%, and atrocious if they work any less than that. Expand
  76. Jul 22, 2016
    I got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and II got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and I love it. The bosses are great, not the best, but still hold up well compared to others. The soundtrack is breath-taking. This easily has to have some of the best music in the series. The way you get around is by the use of your Loftwing. The Loftwing controls perfectly, though the sky was a bit empty. And I saved the best for last...the story. This game has a beautiful story, the best in the franchise, and accompanied with the soundtrack, makes an almost perfect cinematic feel. Expand
  77. Jul 15, 2016
    (BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series,(BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series, with intuitive motion controls that are fun, challenging, responsive, and immersive. The story is very emotional, with some of the best story telling in the series, Ghirahims an amazing villain, the relationship shown between link and zelda is soooo cute, and heartwarming, zelda fans will gush over all the lore given in this installment, skyloft is full of fun and rewarding side quest (BTW, give the letter to Karane, you'll know what i mean), the dungeons and bosses are some of the best in the series, It looks beautiful, it has the hands down best soundtrack not only in the series, but in video games as a whole (in my opinion) with ballad of the being goddess's my favorite zelda song ever. My only real problem was with the skydiving, but it only had to be precise enough for it to be annoying once or twice within the story,so it wasn't a problem. In the end, this is the kind of game the wii was made for. One that takes everything that we love from the series, mixes it up just enough to be different, but little enough to keep what makes it so great, and adds the most fun motion controls you could think of. If you have a wii or wii u, and a wii-motion plus controller+ nunchuck, get this game in all it's glory, you will not regret it. Expand
  78. Jul 13, 2016
    Ain't the best out of the series but don't get mad cause this is my 3rd favorite series and I gave this game a 10 so this series is AMAZING! The controls are well the story and gameplay well keep you entertained for hours upon days!
  79. Jun 27, 2016
    This game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's soThis game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's so much more positive about this masterpiece. If you haven't played it, do yourself a huge favor and do it. Expand
  80. Jun 22, 2016
    This is such a pretty game, the game has the best story yet. It's the beginning of it all. The graphics, lighting, puzzles and gameplay is amazing as always.
    The only things I didn't really like at all were that Link gets tired of running, climbing and fighting. I've also never really liked the Wii's controls and third, I didn't like the "voice-acting" for the game, Link is supposed to be some sort of nordic elf guy, but the sounds he makes got me picturing a very very very asian guy (like a Ninja kick or something) and the fact that Link and Zelda don't look sexy anymore and look kinda dumb.
    Besides that, this game is very cool to play, amazing story, design and gameplay. Loved playing the Lanayru Dessert.
  81. Jun 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a good game, but I think that the only thing missing was the essence of the previous games Zelda. Has good graphics, but there aren't compared with those of Twilight Princess. Has a good story and I was shocked when it was revealed that Zelda was the mortal reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia and also when it's revealed that the old woman was Impa (well, I suspect in a principle :v). I also liked that in this game is explained the origin of the Master Sword. It was a little more innovative than Twilight Princess with the controls of the Wii Motion Plus, with the trip by loftwing and how to save the items ("praying" toward a statue of loftwing). Also has regular mini games. Expand
  82. Jun 1, 2016
    Alright this is it... I've decided not to finish the game after the 2nd encounter with the "Big spiky monster". This thing has a name but you just end up absolutely not caring what you do anyway...
    You actually hope until that point that the game is going to be somewhat interesting but it just doesn't...
    You're just assisted, assisted and assisted again, constantly reminded to do this or that by Fi who basically knows everything you have to do... The game should have called "Fi Skyward Sword". Items collection is just pointless since making a shield is close to useless.
    And flying is soooo boring... The bird keeps falling and you just end up free falling and climbing back on the bird just to get some altitude, it's ridiculous how exploring the sky is useless and boring.
    You keep going back and forth to the exact same places...

I have a Wii U so please don't f**k up with the next Zelda Wii U please...
    Love Zelda, all of them. THIS IS NOT A ZELDA GAME.
  83. May 10, 2016
    One of the best games ever! Story, artstyle, gameplay, dungeons are all amazing! Some of the best boss fights in the series! The motion controls also work flawlessly and add new strategy to the sword-fights. Overall a must-have.
  84. Apr 23, 2016
    the legend of zelda: skyward sword é incrível, uma obra de arte, a jogabilidade funciona muito bem, lutas contra bosses divertidas e bacanas menos as batalhas com o aprisionado que chegam a ser repetitivas puzzels e dungeons bem produzidos trilha, sonora maravilhosa, personagens bem feitos o gráfico é bem bonito.
  85. Apr 22, 2016
    me encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial deme encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos es la mejor, los admiro nintendo por tan maravilloso juego Expand
  86. Apr 1, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda has been modernized to be supportable for the Wii console and Nintendo sure did a blast to fix us up a modern Zelda game on the Wii.
  87. Mar 24, 2016
    70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of this game is the motion controls, and it's something you can either love or hate. But as for me, I have mixed feelings toward them. The controls can either be excellent or the bane of your existence. If you swing the remote casually, you will have fun with the controls. However, if you swing the remote like a maniac, then the controls will kick you in the butt. Now, the soundtrack. It's good, but it's pretty forgettable. and some tunes are just... blegh (Lanayru Mining Facility, anyone?) The graphics are extremely ugly in my opinion. I just hate the art style so much. However, I like the story and I like how linear the game is. This may be a turn off for some, but after playing the original Zelda, this is a godsend. The story is filled with likable and memorable characters, and the bosses are just amazing. (Except the imprisoned, f*** that boss.) In the end, this game is good, but nothing special in my opinion. Expand
  88. Mar 3, 2016
    An instant classic. Everything is vibrant and beautiful, from the story to the wonderful breathing world it creates. If you can't handle the controls, it's not the controls problem, you probably have to get good at it. No more auto-targeting arrows with Z for you mister.
  89. Feb 25, 2016
    I played in a friends house, I fall in love with the game and I bought the console. At the beguinnin I felt the story mode sort of easy but after have finished it I played it in hero mode and it was amazing. I enjoyed hours and hours.The best game in that gen.
  90. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o jogo que fica empatado em primeiro de melhor jogo de todos os tempos, que é. the legend of zelda twilight princess. o skyward sword foi um jogo bem inovador da série, sem falar na criatividade de criar uma cidade no céu.
    o jogo presenta diversas qualidades como: ótima história, jogabilidade ótima, vários personagens, escudos que quebram com uma certa quantidade de danos e sua linda trilha sonora. fico em duvida de qual é melhor, se é skyward sword ou twilight princess, pois cada um ganha em uma coisa.
  91. Jan 14, 2016
    I skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core playI skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core play mechanics and not enough with story, character and the way the game unfolds. Expand
  92. Jan 1, 2016
    Ouch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were alwaysOuch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were always going back to place you already been, i really gave up on the game and i was more than halfway through... I did not enjoy the orchestrated ost, i'm really hoping the next zelda on wii u will make up for SS. Expand
  93. Dec 15, 2015
    para mi fue un juego visualmente una obra de arte graficamente es mejor que twilght princess jugablemente es mejory su historia es hermosa un juego que donde los pozzles son de lo mejor de los ultimos tiempos
  94. Dec 13, 2015
    even though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control whileeven though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control while functional felt gimmicky, the game is so linear (it´s called a Action/adventure game for a reason), the dowsing is dumb, the flying is boring and Fi (I could go in detail but everyone already did). overall it´s a good game that many people will enjoy but it´s just not my cup of tea Expand
  95. Dec 11, 2015
    By far my favorite video game of all time! It has an amazing story, incredible gameplay, and of course AMAZING MUSIC, I would say the music is best in the series. seriously I can't recommend this game enough!
  96. Nov 30, 2015
    amei, simplesmente o melhor jogo que eu já joguei até hoje, tem uma linda história, um jogo muito bem feito e criativo, o jogo usa todo o poder dos controles com wii motion plus, o jogo também tem uma linda trilha sonora, recomendo pra quem gosta de jogos de aventura e goste de muitos segredos dentro do jogo.
  97. Nov 6, 2015
    A great entrance to the Zelda series. The movement controls are quite innovative, the graphic style is beautiful, the soundtrack follows the line of the series, is still very good. The problem is the exploitation of the scenario, which is very unexplored by producers. The Sky is so empty that is tedious fly by him. Zelda Skyward Sword is a obligatory game for the Wii.
  98. Nov 3, 2015
    Almost on par with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but the gimmicky wii motion controls can be troublesome at times, especially in the most dire situations.
  99. Nov 2, 2015
    The best game ever made in my opinion. From the instant i turned it on couldn't turn it off by far the best game on the Wii a must have for any adventure fan.
  100. Oct 21, 2015
    Best game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games isBest game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games is amazing, 100% recommended if you own a Wii or WiiU. Expand
  101. Nov 20, 2011
    Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt,Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. Every enemy isnt, WHO CAN HIT EACHOTHER FASTER or somethign like that. It is now, SEE IF YOU CAN LOCATE THE WEAKNESS IN MY STRATEGY AND THEN ATTACK THERE! Trust me it IS amazing. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.