6.1

1. RebK.
    Aug 19, 2008
    If you pre-order Fable II, you can get this game for free. It appears that some (not all) of these reviews ignore that fact. As a FREE game, Pub Games is well worth a drive to your local gamestop, if you plan on purchasing Fable II. The game itself is a lot of fun, if a bit challenging, but a simple search can give you hints on how to overcome the odds. If you use these tricks to load up If you pre-order Fable II, you can get this game for free. It appears that some (not all) of these reviews ignore that fact. As a FREE game, Pub Games is well worth a drive to your local gamestop, if you plan on purchasing Fable II. The game itself is a lot of fun, if a bit challenging, but a simple search can give you hints on how to overcome the odds. If you use these tricks to load up your pouch with gold, you can really enjoy the game without worrying about indebtedness. The music and sound is indeed charming, it easily conveys the atmosphere of Albion. It's stylish, colorful and well-conceived in my opinion. There are three games, and I enjoyed all three equally. Scoring a jackpot is quite satisfying, if a bit rare. The bonus items to be gained in your inventory appear to be useful and worth the effort. Plus, you can quickly and easily gain wealth that can be transferred to your Fable character. I wouldn't pay 400 points for this game as a standalone, let alone 800 if I wasn't planning on buying Fable. But, if you are, you should definitely go preorder the game and get this as an added bonus. I honestly believe that was what Lionhead was aiming for. Expand
  2. KhristianR.
    Oct 1, 2008
    They're good games and its nice to see slight new ideas developed. But I wouldn't buy them, when in a few weeks, the Limited Edition has bonus Material including all the Pub Games. Why waste the money downloading the games. For everyone waiting for Fable II, just hold on...only 3 weeks left to go. SCORE : 70%
  3. ChrisH.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Fable II Pub Games offers little outside of giving players an opportunity to get a headstart on their Fable II characters, but that is exactly the purpose of the game and it serves that purpose well enough. Through playing three games, players can earn gold and fifteen items for their characters, as well as the standard 200 achievement points. Out of the three games, two offer some level Fable II Pub Games offers little outside of giving players an opportunity to get a headstart on their Fable II characters, but that is exactly the purpose of the game and it serves that purpose well enough. Through playing three games, players can earn gold and fifteen items for their characters, as well as the standard 200 achievement points. Out of the three games, two offer some level of interactivity, while the third, based on slot machines, only requires the repeated tapping of the A button. This quickly becomes tiresome, but players will have to play the game in five seperate tournaments to earn the five items tied into it. If you preorder Fable II, you receive the game for free and its worth spending some time playing it, but its certainly not amongst the best Xbox Live Arcade games. Its not worth the 800 Microsoft Points if you have no intention of playing Fable II. It delivers on its purpose, but does nothing to dazzle. 5/10. Expand
  4. JasonD.
    Aug 14, 2008
    It's hard to justify the cost of the download unless you got the Fable II pre-order deal, but the charm of two of these three games is hard to ignore. Fortune's Tower and Keystone are games that would transplant well into Vegas, though Spinnerbox is simply a poor slot machine clone.
  5. KateO.
    Sep 12, 2008
    As an incentive to pre-order Fable 2 this works beautifully, being able to transfer the loot you earn in the pub games to your Fable char is great. Of course unless you like casino games you'll be bored to tears while doing it. No way should anyone dish out actual money for this.
  6. CheeseM.
    Aug 14, 2008
    If anyone revies this as a full game you are a special person. This game is what it is supposed to be a time waster to earn gold, and items untill Fable 2 comes out.
  7. IanB.
    Aug 15, 2008
    this game is great, the only thing that could be changed a little are the tournaments for the spinnerbox game. you should be able to change your wager so it has a little more strategy to it rather than just depending on getting lucky to win.
  8. CollinL.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Just like real gambling it takes alot of luck and patience for the reward. Fun for awhile but soon gets tedious resulting in wanting to play a richer experience (like fable 2).
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is just a cheap title cash grab, and nothing more.

This game is just a cheap title cash grab, and nothing more.

Unfortunately I didn't pre-order my Fable 2 and I bought this out of sheer curiosity since I absolutely loved Fable 2. And what did I get same semi-interesting games that look more like they belong on a fan made shareware site. At best these games might have been better as in game mini games. This download is a complete waste of money. And even if it were free, the games themselves are mediocre at best and barely hold your interest. Not to mention the "in-game rewards" which are laughable.

On the positive side, it does look pretty and feels like a Fable game.

Overall:
    Since I paid for this, I'm giving this game a 3 and that's only because I thought the visuals were charming. If this had been free, I might have given it a 4 or a 5, but it still wouldn't have ranked higher than a *meh*.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

1. This is dull. So very, very dull.
    There's no personality here -- just a trio of games and nothing else. And only two of those games are good. If you've pre-ordered Fable II, then by all means, you should download and enjoy this free game.
  3. If you're lukewarm about Fable II or gambling in general, then Pub Games doesn't do anything well enough to warrant your attention.