7.6

1. Jan 29, 2019
    This game is fantastic I was not ready for how good it is. I haven't played an air combat game in many years but the hype around this one caught my attention so I gave it a shot and WOW.

The control scheme feels awesome on the Xbox controller and the framerate is rock solid on Xbox One X (not sure if it's 30 fps or not, seems like it but I have not confirmed). Being a fighter jet

Being a fighter jet and military hardware junkie like myself helps too if you're on the fence. The Aircraft Tree lets you unlock new jets along with upgrades and it's like a jet playground with all the classics and futuristic designs.

Bottom line, the game is just fun as hell to play I was hooked from the second I took off in the starting F-16C in the very first mission. Great surprise title to start the year for me.
  2. Feb 8, 2019
    Great game extremely polished and great soundtrack to only thing lets its down is the campaign is a bit short 9/10
  3. Jan 28, 2019
    Everything I had been looking for from Ace Combat since i played AC6 a decade ago. Campaign is solid, Weather effects are a welcome addition, multiplayer is fun, and the soundtrack nailed it. If you've played an AC game in the past and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this one.

All the people complaining about frame-rates and top of the line graphics, where are your comments about the gameplay? (crickets).... Its just people who like to complain. Id rather a fun game than a polished turd, and the game looks great on my 1X. i've not had a single graphical issue take me out of the moment. Loading times are also fairly quick.

Cons:
    The Multiplayer menu's are clunky and its annoying to play with friends but once you're in a lobby its a lot of fun.
  4. Jan 25, 2019
    El videojuego de Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown es una de esas obras en las que entras por curiosidad y lo conviertes en un compromiso. El videojuego se sumerge en la piel de un aviador de combate. Al jugarlo se comprende que debes desarrollar tu habilidad para pilotear los aviones. Cada combate se vuelve emocionante. Es rejugable debido a que el jugador desea obtener el máximo puntaje en lasEl videojuego de Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown es una de esas obras en las que entras por curiosidad y lo conviertes en un compromiso. El videojuego se sumerge en la piel de un aviador de combate. Al jugarlo se comprende que debes desarrollar tu habilidad para pilotear los aviones. Cada combate se vuelve emocionante. Es rejugable debido a que el jugador desea obtener el máximo puntaje en las misiones. Conclusión es recomendable.

In English
    The game of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is one of those works in which you enter out of curiosity and turn it into a commitment. The video game is immersed in the skin of a combat aviator. By playing it, you understand that you must develop your ability to fly the planes. Each fight becomes exciting. It is replayable because the player wants to get the highest score in the missions. Conclusion is recommended.

日本語で
    Ace Combat 7:Skies Unknownのゲームはあなたが好奇心から外に出てそれをコミットメントに変える作品の一つです。 ビデオゲームは戦闘飛行士の肌に浸っています。 それをプレイすることによって、あなたはあなたが飛行機を飛ばすあなたの能力を開発しなければならないことを理解します。 各戦いは刺激的になります。 プレイヤーがミッションで最高のスコアを獲得したいので、それは再生可能です。 結論をお勧めします。
  5. Jan 18, 2019
    It's time for Xbox users to take up for the skies. It's an example of how one can make an extremely polished and nearly perfect videogame. Anything from visuals to soundtrack and story is made by a highly professional team with a passion for airplanes.
  6. Jan 18, 2019
    Ace Combat is a wonderful experience for flight game enthusiast. It perfectly balance of arcade nice and fun gameplay with believable simulation aspect. The Gameplay is fun and for a flight game, it has many enjoyable missions. You gonna think that this game just about shooting a box a very far away that you cannot see like in simulator game (DCS for example), but no, the fight is massiveAce Combat is a wonderful experience for flight game enthusiast. It perfectly balance of arcade nice and fun gameplay with believable simulation aspect. The Gameplay is fun and for a flight game, it has many enjoyable missions. You gonna think that this game just about shooting a box a very far away that you cannot see like in simulator game (DCS for example), but no, the fight is massive and epic close range dogfight that make you feel thrilled. You also gonna face countless drones, advanced Superweapons, and enemy Aces Squadrons. The battle is massive.

The Story is set on fictional world of Strangereal. You are pilot of Osea Federation (Equivalent of Murica Fck Yeah) against Kingdom of Erusea ( European Nation combined). In this world, the technology is one step ahead of our world so dont be surprised when you see laser, or superweapon here.

Ace Combat 7 also let you express your creativity with ton of customizations. You can select a special paint job that based of many real life great livery of famous World Air Forces. You can also choose emblem in your lovely plane. Also from the tech tree, you can choose many upgradeable parts , and choose it according to your strategies. you cann opt to durable plane, or heavy weapon plane, or quick and swift plane.

The control is fun and nice , select for Expert control as it the best way for you to control the plane. It may be hard if you new for this, but with adapt gameplay and control, you gonna be Aces in no time. Hey also you can pull Pugachev Cobra and Kublit on some of the planes.

The Graphics is very great. The clouds is a real things as it has it own volume. You can use the cloud as part of you strategies. while you in clouds you can outmanouver your enemies and minimalize their lock on capabilities.

The Enemies A.I is very clever. They will use the clouds to hide from you sneak behind you, flying through the canyon while hoping you gonna crash, the drones also wil sacrifice itself to protect the superweapons. The Allies A.I is pretty agressive and sometime steal your kill, but will not steal the show for you (although I hope the Allies A.I can be more competent at least for the elite squad).

Ace Combat is famous for their epic music. just listen for Zero-Ace Combat Ost, Liberation of Gracemeria, First Flight AC5 ,Comona on youtube and you gonna be immersed by it. The music in this game is also beautiful.

VR Portion is one of the things on VR Games especially for a flight game. It will live up your dreams as Fighter of Top Gun Pilot. you also can watch an epic airshow and fly in beautiful world of Strangereal.

The Multiplayer is pretty neat and chaotic. for now it just 4 vs 4 deathmatch and one for all brawl. Hope they add more contents for the MP.
  7. Jan 18, 2019
    As a developer that already spent more than 20 years for this legendary franchise, Project Aces lead by Kazutoki Kono sure giving their best for this masterpiece game. First of all, Ace Combat is a combination of Fun Arcade Game and Simulation Game that perfectly combined that will make you feel like Top Gun Pilot without make you stress of choosing which button to select.

Campaign :

Campaign : Pretty meaty, you can spent 25 hours at least for a single run. The are pretty good variations for the missions from dogfight, escort, defensive operation, infiltration , flying through canyon, boss/superweapons fight. The missions are superbly designed, the tree tech is pretty interesting to invest, and make you think for the best strategy to complete the missions. Should you focus on plane durability , payload or manouverability is up to you.

Gameplay : Control is fluid and enjoyable. choose for expert control altough it is your first try as it give your full total control for your plane. You can learn to try some neat tricks like Pugachev Cobra on this , altough you must be careful as you are very vulnerable while doing that. Also you can customize your plane with special paint job, emblem, parts that enhance your plane. Hope Ace Combat can add free colour customization like in Ace Combat Assault Horrizon.

Story : Pretty Good, altough not as strong as Ace Combat Holy PS2 Trilogy. The game will tell you about a war from both side of belligerents. You fly as a mute protagonist named Trigger. You start as a common pilot but with the progress of story , your great work will be praised and you will be feel great for your achievements.

Graphics : The Graphics Is very beautiful while also very detailed for a game that must render a very wide area at one time. You gonna love it when you fly through the canyon while there are storm and lightning ready to mess your hud in mission 7.

Multiplayer : pretty good, there are deathmatch of 4 vs 4 and one for all chaotic fight. Hope Project Aces can add many variatons for the multiplayer like coop score based competion in a grand campaign, or Capital Conquest of Ace Combat Assault Horrizon, Tunnek Race of Ace Combat Zero, or Superweapon fight.

VR : Very Immersive, be careful of motion sickness. The VR portion have different campaign from the Main Campaign. It also have free flight and Air Show mode that are beautiful.

Music : Oh God the music is very beautiful and epic. Im strongly urge you to try listen Liberation of Gracemeria, Comona, Rex Tremendae+ Megalith from AC 4, Zero, Juggernaut, Mayhem from Ace Combat Zero, The Unsung War, Journey Home, Hrimfaxi, First Flight from Ace Combat if it is your first entry of Ace Combat Series.

Ace Combat 7 is worthy buddies. its a wonderful experience of your life
  8. Jan 24, 2019
    The presentation side of the game ticks all of the right boxes and for me both the visuals and sound design made the gameplay even more immersive. I really enjoyed the story in the game because it managed to remain interesting throughout and it also made me fall in love with the series again. In terms of content there is more than enough to keep you satisfied for a while and the campaignThe presentation side of the game ticks all of the right boxes and for me both the visuals and sound design made the gameplay even more immersive. I really enjoyed the story in the game because it managed to remain interesting throughout and it also made me fall in love with the series again. In terms of content there is more than enough to keep you satisfied for a while and the campaign delivers action throughout its entirety. Controlling and getting into combat with your jet is a thrilling ordeal and I must admit that I was surprised by how much depth the combat had. There’s a number of improvements and upgrades you can attach to your jet and this personal touch definitely made the game come alive for me more. Technically the game didn’t have many problems if any at all and I was especially impressed with the fluid and responsive controls that have been implemented. I did get a little frustrated every now and then and failing a mission on one small mistake was certainly an eye-opener. Ace Combat is a series that I love from the bottom of my heart because nobody does flying combat quite like these series of games. As you can imagine then to say I was looking forward to Ace Combat 7 would be a massive understatement and thankfully my high expectations were met and then some because I’m not exaggerating when I say that Ace Combat 7 is the best the series has seen so far. From the get go then you can choose from a lot of different content but I recommend that you go straight to the campaign first because each mission combined with the fantastic story takes you on an unforgettable journey. Obviously the most important thing of a game of this ilk is not the story but of course its flying elements and thankfully I’m pleased to say that the combat and flying feels better than ever. Technically the game also delivers in all areas and not once did I get down by the tight and responsive controls. In terms of problems then the game doesn’t really have any and my only slight issue is that the game’s difficulty can spike out of nowhere from time to time, but I was easily able to look past this. At the end of the day then Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown has made this fantastic franchise come alive again and it’s catered to both newcomers and veterans alike which means anybody can get involved, and when it’s all said and done I can’t recommend this game enough to you. Two thumbs up! Expand
  9. Feb 3, 2019
    ridiculus graphics
    6 h story....
    70 euro??
  10. Jan 19, 2019
    Horrible sloppy ports on xbox one and X.
    Xbox one runninge 35-55fps and X only 1080p(actually a little worse than the much weaker pro). Don't support this bs.
  11. Jan 20, 2019
    I’ve only previously played AC 5 and Zero on the PS2.

I’ve only previously played AC 5 and Zero on the PS2.

AC 7 makes a fresh start on current gen flight combat. In terms to flight controls and gameplay they didn’t change much from previous games which isn’t a bad thing because it was good to begin with. One thing that disappointed me was that they removed wingmen commands which they had previously on AC 5. The wingmen AI is horrendous and is a lot worse when you have no control over it. You end up having to do everything yourself. There was one mission where you had to escort a transport with a single wingman while taking out SAMs bombarding the transport in every fkn direction while also tracking back and taking out any bandits intercepting said transport. They put too much emphasis on you the player taking total control of the battle by shooting down 50 + enemies while the wingmen are there just for fodder which really ruins immersion and realism.

Also another thing they removed was wingmen assignment. In AC 5, for missions that require elimination of Air and Ground targets you can assign your wingmen to different planes that have different roles (fighter/multi role/ground assault). In AC 7 it’s just you who can choose and end up having to use an A10 to have enough firepower to take out 100 + ground targets then have to contend to fighting Mig 29s and some OP boss with a modified SU 33 (my poor A10 got lucky on the 5th go of that mission).

Typical AC series is the graphics and sound are all excellent. All planes have great detail and the payload is accurate apart from Railguns and lasers (wish they brought back the Napalm bomb for the F4s. The music nostalgic especially during the multiplayer where they brought some classics back and remixed a bit.

The Campaign is a bit all over the place looking at both sides of the war. Wingmen didn't really gel and I didn't really care if they died compared to Nagase, Archer and Chopper (Team Razgriz!). It didn’t really engage me but I’m just playing this to shoot planes and blow **** up anyways.

Multiplayer is pretty meh and time consuming as they’re player lobbies and no quick match options. All you get is Free for All and team Death Match which you’re only gonna use Air superiority planes like the F15 Eagles and F35s because you’ll get totally wrecked using Assault and Multi Role planes. They should have siege modes where one defends and the other have to destroy a target like the Ark bird or Stonehenge but this could be added in future.
    Overall, the game play is non stop action and excitement…and somewhat annoying as you’re a one man team against 100. Air plane fans will love it, I’ll give it a 6 but since they threw in my AC 5 in my preorder I’ll push it to a 7.
  12. Feb 15, 2019
    Native 4K and HDR10 on Xbox is AMAZING ! I have been taken back to my first Ace Combat game, (AC2), where I was truly blown away by the graphics, mechanics, and overall polish. This new title has stepped its game up greatly from AC6 and is now the single best air combat based game to beat.
  13. Feb 15, 2019
    The much-anticipated arcade-simulator returns echoing the past while adding some modern flair.

Ace Combat 7 is a game for Ace Combat veterans and newcomers alike. Gameplay feels like a fine-tuned version of AC6 (in short: fun) while the story maintains the pattern of melodrama and parallel narratives that have come to define the series. The game includes plenty of references to previous installments, especially AC5, though its central conflict is not anchored on any outside information.

Like most other Ace Combat games, you are a silent protagonist thrust into international war with the sole responsibility of being the only pilot with missiles that actually do damage. You are joined in the skies by an interesting cast of fellow pilots and enemies. Unlike past entries, there is no elite squadron constantly on your case (AC4’s Yellow, AC5 8492, AC6 Strigon). Instead, the game takes the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon route and gives you a badass ace pilot to fly against. He is indeed part of a squadron, but the game frames Mr. Ace as the primary antagonist because he gets cutscenes and the enemy’s armada of unmanned drone-fighters rely on his combat data for reference. This works pretty well as you very quickly become the top dog on your side of the skies and it is interesting to go toe-to-toe with a skilled opponent while your squadron becomes a glorified cheer squad.

Drones and clouds are two things the game will not shut up about, and for good reason. Drones were introduced in Ace Combat 6 as interesting opponents and it is clear that the development team Project Aces wanted to keep them around. This time not only do the drones outmaneuver you and your compatriots, they outnumber you by a large margin too. This keeps the player constantly on their toes, weaving through drone swarms and begging for their MISSILE ALERT to go away. According to just about every NPC pilot in the game, the solution is in the clouds.

It was stated early on in the game’s development that clouds would be a major component in the game. In previous entries, they were just puffy wads to fly through with no additional thought. This time around, clouds affect missile targeting, mobility and of course visibility to such a degree that many fights (especially online) may hinge on your use of them.

The game boasts plenty of aircraft to choose from, of course. You are initially presented with your vanilla F-16 and given a sizable aircraft tree from which to choose your path, each branch with its own set of licensed real-world planes to choose from. Getting from one end of the tree to the other took me about 18 of the game’s 20 missions to do, meaning you’ll need to replay missions or grind out multiplayer for more money to purchase your planes, weapons and upgrade parts. The addition of parts in this game (with effects ranging from a simple yaw speed increase to an insane homing missile capability upgrade) adds more diversity to your campaign and multiplayer strategy- you make what are essentially classes or builds based around what you believe the coming sortie requires. I found the system enjoyable and it kept me coming back as I grinded out money to purchase the next big upgrade I needed to dominate my opponents online or to make my campaign missions more efficient.

Online play functions well enough. There are only two modes: a free-for-all and team deathmatch, with a scoring system based on each individual planes’ total value (an unupgraded F-15 will get a ton of points for shooting down a decked out F-22, but the F-22 would get less points from killing the F-15 in turn). This scoring system is balanced pretty well and when combined with plane value restriction options can make for a diverse dogfight.

The game, to no one’s surprise, looks and sounds gorgeous. Each environment is vividly rendered to appear beautiful from 30000 ft and 30. The soundtrack lives up to the established standard, bringing even more emotion into the story and complimenting the fantastic voice acting.

AC7 really only falls short in its content offering. While meant to be replayed on increasing difficulties, the 20-mission campaign feels like it could use a couple more sorties to be full, especially given the game’s development time. Multiplayer is certainly lacking as well. The addition of co-op missions or time-attack/races would be interesting options to consider to keep players coming back.

Overall the game is a great time. The story doubles down on its absurdity and it pays dividends. The air-to-air combat is a feeling that can be experienced nowhere else and Project Aces knows it. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown feels familiar and adds new touches that keep me from ever wanting to be on the ground again.

1. Feb 12, 2019
    There aren’t any fundamental problems per se with Ace Combat 7, and for fans of the series it most certainly is worth looking into. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but then again there isn’t a great need for wheels when you’re dancing between clouds.
  2. Jan 28, 2019
    Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is the best entry in the series yet and provides a near-perfect blend of action and strategy. Those looking for something to fill the void of the long-gone After Burner series will like the quicker pace offered here. Longtime AC vets will love the quicker pace and increase on craft customization. Dogfights are a rewarding challenge and every part of the presentation is impressive. Its graphics are the best ever seen for a flight-based game and the soundtrack is outstanding too.
  3. Jan 25, 2019
    Though not without a little turbulence from the convoluted story and uneven difficulty, Ace Combat 7 delivers a fun and polished arcade flight experience that should entertain newcomers and veteran pilots alike.