6.8

1. Jan 7, 2020
    The premise of the game looked very interesting to me. Unfortunately the joke is over quite fast and the over-intelactualized dialogs starts to irritate. Not recommended at all.
  2. Nov 24, 2019
    What if you find yourself in hell while you suppose to be in high school graduation, and only way out is make Satan drunk? Afterparty is a game that you control two friends and the main task is getting out of hell, but no one ever achieved it before can you? In afterparty you'll complete many tasks to reach Satan's party to out drink him and win the game against him to leave the Hell. ButWhat if you find yourself in hell while you suppose to be in high school graduation, and only way out is make Satan drunk? Afterparty is a game that you control two friends and the main task is getting out of hell, but no one ever achieved it before can you? In afterparty you'll complete many tasks to reach Satan's party to out drink him and win the game against him to leave the Hell. But it's not going to be as easy as it sounds. Because Satan's brothers and sisters about to take him down and you may end like stuck in hell forever and your personal demon torturing you. The game features are simple there's only two characters that you can control and it's all depends on the mission so only thing you have to do is follow the story make the right decisions and be good at party games. A game by Night School Studio's made a game about alternative hell and world which is fun in many ways. And don't forget that maybe the demons are not that all that bad. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2019
    L'indé daubé du jour est une espèce de jeu d'aventure chez le grand Satan qui sert à boire et... quoi donc ou quoi d'autre au juste ? en fait rien, car on a rarement vu un "jeu" (?) aussi assommant qui n'arrête pas de jacasser (tout en anglais, sous-titres compris) jusqu'à ce qu'on devienne chèvre... à croire que c'est Woody Allen qui a démoulé le truc entier !

Bref, ça raconte de la

Bref, ça raconte de la merde non stop et les réponses qu'on doit choisir à intervalles réguliers n'ont aucune importance : ça continue à raconter de la merde et le pire dans tout ça, c'est que ça se croit... drôle (?!) fin, léger, irrévérencieux, intelligent... humoristique, voire ironique (?!?).

On s'endort donc très vite devant l'écran, presque aussi vite que devant une connerie de Woody Allen, sauf que la connerie est ici dispensée en 256 couleurs avec de vagues graphismes (?) niais et neuneus à la fois et une musique d'ascenseur pour faire bonne mesure avec le reste.

Naze, nul, sans intérêt, prétentieux, crétin et soporifique, Afterparty soûle à mort !
  4. Nov 7, 2019
    Not nearly as good as Oxenfree and there isn't an incentive to replay the short 5 hour story because dialogue options don't matter until the end. Dialogue is great and so is the voice acting. It is a fresh take on Hell and the world is pretty well designed. Was worth my time, especially since I played it through Xbox Game pass.
  5. Nov 14, 2019
    This game gripped me from start to finish, and few games do that. For that reason, I have to give the game a 10. It's on a par with Oxenfree and is definitely worth your time
  6. Oct 31, 2019
    Oxenfree is one of my all time favourite games so when I heard the same team were making a new game I was really excited. Sadly this Game is a mess...laggy stuttering gameplay, dialogue that cuts off mid sentence or is just missing altogether, graphics that have the characters walking through each other or body parts that just appear through peoples heads. Writing is bad so doesn't coverOxenfree is one of my all time favourite games so when I heard the same team were making a new game I was really excited. Sadly this Game is a mess...laggy stuttering gameplay, dialogue that cuts off mid sentence or is just missing altogether, graphics that have the characters walking through each other or body parts that just appear through peoples heads. Writing is bad so doesn't cover the complete lack of actual gameplay (something that Oxenfree got away with because it was fantastically written) most of the areas you visit have no ambient sound and there's no score either so it just makes the areas feel even emptier. The whole game feels like is hasn't been finished Expand
  7. Pub
    Aug 11, 2020
    Afterparty is a poor narrative-heavy game that takes roughly 6-7 hours to finish (perhaps like a long night out). One of the supposed mechanics--your drink of choice will somehow impact the story--turns out to be a lie (mostly). In fact, all of the supposed choices you have in this game (except for the final encounter with Satan) don't have any real consequences unless you're chasingAfterparty is a poor narrative-heavy game that takes roughly 6-7 hours to finish (perhaps like a long night out). One of the supposed mechanics--your drink of choice will somehow impact the story--turns out to be a lie (mostly). In fact, all of the supposed choices you have in this game (except for the final encounter with Satan) don't have any real consequences unless you're chasing achievements. During the game, you're supposed to get stamps of approval by completing some tasks but it turns out that you will get the stamps no matter what. 95% of the game consists of walking around and talking, which isn't bad by itself since the voice acting is generally pretty good, but I couldn't really bring myself to care about the characters so I often found myself wishing for a skip dialog button, which is pretty bad for a game that relies on its dialog. The only actual game elements are shot stacking, beer pong, and a dance off and honestly none of them are particularly engaging. On another note, this game is pretty friendly for non-gamers to play. The game has a fixed camera and you don't need to jump. The dialog choices are clearly indicated on the screen and you have a long time to respond. Overall, I felt that Afterparty was a big disappointment. A drink-based choose-your-own-adventure sounded promising but something went very wrong in the execution and delivery. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 13, 2019
    The new creation by the creators of Oxenfree, Night School Studio's, is a truly fun proposal that mixes great questions of humanity with high doses of alcohol and partying. A more than recommendable title.
  2. Nov 8, 2019
    Humor in any narrative is highly subjective. Afterparty starts out strong, with a clear and vibrant sense of style that is unlike many other games. The game can be funny, clever and smart but it can also seem random, indulgent and perplexing and thin on the amount of interesting stuff for the player to actually do, other than experience the story, dialog and a few mini-games. The price to content ratio might be out of whack for some folks but Afterparty does have a unique, out of left field kind of kookyness that is worth paying attention to for its short length.
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    If you’re a lover of story games this is one for you! Unlike many story games Afterparty has many twists – and just as many types of drinks to consume. The gameplay is simple but because the focus is on the story this actually is to the titles benefit. You can play it multiple times with a different experience every time! The characters are brilliant and it’s probably one of the best story driven games I’ve come across this year.