6.6

1. Nov 7, 2019
    Not nearly as good as Oxenfree and there isn't an incentive to replay the short 5 hour story because dialogue options don't matter until the end. Dialogue is great and so is the voice acting. It is a fresh take on Hell and the world is pretty well designed. Was worth my time, especially since I played it through Xbox Game pass.
  2. Nov 10, 2019
    L'indé daubé du jour est une espèce de jeu d'aventure chez le grand Satan qui sert à boire et... quoi donc ou quoi d'autre au juste ? en fait rien, car on a rarement vu un "jeu" (?) aussi assommant qui n'arrête pas de jacasser (tout en anglais, sous-titres compris) jusqu'à ce qu'on devienne chèvre... à croire que c'est Woody Allen qui a démoulé le truc entier !

Bref, ça raconte de la

Bref, ça raconte de la merde non stop et les réponses qu'on doit choisir à intervalles réguliers n'ont aucune importance : ça continue à raconter de la merde et le pire dans tout ça, c'est que ça se croit... drôle (?!) fin, léger, irrévérencieux, intelligent... humoristique, voire ironique (?!?).

On s'endort donc très vite devant l'écran, presque aussi vite que devant une connerie de Woody Allen, sauf que la connerie est ici dispensée en 256 couleurs avec de vagues graphismes (?) niais et neuneus à la fois et une musique d'ascenseur pour faire bonne mesure avec le reste.

Naze, nul, sans intérêt, prétentieux, crétin et soporifique, Afterparty soûle à mort !
  3. Nov 14, 2019
    This game gripped me from start to finish, and few games do that. For that reason, I have to give the game a 10. It's on a par with Oxenfree and is definitely worth your time
  4. Oct 31, 2019
    Oxenfree is one of my all time favourite games so when I heard the same team were making a new game I was really excited. Sadly this Game is a mess...laggy stuttering gameplay, dialogue that cuts off mid sentence or is just missing altogether, graphics that have the characters walking through each other or body parts that just appear through peoples heads. Writing is bad so doesn't coverOxenfree is one of my all time favourite games so when I heard the same team were making a new game I was really excited. Sadly this Game is a mess...laggy stuttering gameplay, dialogue that cuts off mid sentence or is just missing altogether, graphics that have the characters walking through each other or body parts that just appear through peoples heads. Writing is bad so doesn't cover the complete lack of actual gameplay (something that Oxenfree got away with because it was fantastically written) most of the areas you visit have no ambient sound and there's no score either so it just makes the areas feel even emptier. The whole game feels like is hasn't been finished Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is heavily reliant on story and humour over gameplay. While this itself is not a bad thing, (in fact, I tend to prefer story heavy games over others), Afterparty misses the mark for me by having deeply unlikeable characters and AWFUL “quirky for quirky sake” humour. You could remove all dialogue from this game, and replace it with two mute characters with “I AM A RELATABLEThis game is heavily reliant on story and humour over gameplay. While this itself is not a bad thing, (in fact, I tend to prefer story heavy games over others), Afterparty misses the mark for me by having deeply unlikeable characters and AWFUL “quirky for quirky sake” humour. You could remove all dialogue from this game, and replace it with two mute characters with “I AM A RELATABLE MILLENNIAL” written in sharpie on their foreheads, and the game experience wouldn’t change. I remember some dialogue in Oxenfree sharing this issue, and I cringed when I read it back then, but managed to grimace through it. This game is taking those cringy one liners and running the whole nine yards with it. This game company has so much potential, and I love their aesthetic and their story ideas, I just wish they dropped this awkward humour that runs through their past two games. Expand

1. Nov 13, 2019
    The new creation by the creators of Oxenfree, Night School Studio's, is a truly fun proposal that mixes great questions of humanity with high doses of alcohol and partying. A more than recommendable title.
  2. Nov 8, 2019
    Humor in any narrative is highly subjective. Afterparty starts out strong, with a clear and vibrant sense of style that is unlike many other games. The game can be funny, clever and smart but it can also seem random, indulgent and perplexing and thin on the amount of interesting stuff for the player to actually do, other than experience the story, dialog and a few mini-games. The price to content ratio might be out of whack for some folks but Afterparty does have a unique, out of left field kind of kookyness that is worth paying attention to for its short length.
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    If you’re a lover of story games this is one for you! Unlike many story games Afterparty has many twists – and just as many types of drinks to consume. The gameplay is simple but because the focus is on the story this actually is to the titles benefit. You can play it multiple times with a different experience every time! The characters are brilliant and it’s probably one of the best story driven games I’ve come across this year.