7.6

1. Jan 2, 2018
    I’m glad that they gave the Assassin’s Creed series the break it so desperately needed. Being such a big fan of the series it was hard to see it become stale, but thankfully that’s all changed. Assassin’s Creed Origins has without a doubt rejuvenated the series, and whilst it still has a few problems it’s still one of the best Creed games I’ve played in years. The combat system seems toI’m glad that they gave the Assassin’s Creed series the break it so desperately needed. Being such a big fan of the series it was hard to see it become stale, but thankfully that’s all changed. Assassin’s Creed Origins has without a doubt rejuvenated the series, and whilst it still has a few problems it’s still one of the best Creed games I’ve played in years. The combat system seems to have had a complete overhaul and in my opinion this is the best combat I’ve ever played in a Creed game. They’ve also done a great job with the mission variety in the game and I never once got bored on a mission because they made each mission matter. I was however a little disappointed with the stealth sequences in the game, and the main reason why I was disappointed is that I think they’ve made the stealth to easy this time around. The world of Egypt has been created to perfection and it’s absolutely massive so be prepated to explore quite a lot, which is great considering exploring is fun and very interesting. The story in the game is fantastic, exciting and most important of all interesting throughout, and in my opinion this is definitely one of the best story’s the series has had so far. The presentation side of the game is amazing and packed full of fantastic detail, especially when it came to the visuals. The game looks stunning and the amount of effort gone into here is really evident, and this effort makes the world come alive which is awesome. At the end of the day fans of Assassin’s Creed will be relieved to learn that the series has returned to being one of the best game’s on the market. Without a doubt this game has made me fall in love with the series again and they’ve done this by putting a lot of hard work into it. Don’t get me wrong it does still have a few problems and bugs dotted around, but I completely forgot about them because the game was so enchanting and delivered on a number of areas. Assassin’s Creed Origins has made the series come alive and matter again and in the end it gets a massive thumbs up from me. Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2017
    Ubisoft really did it, they listened to all the criticism of the past AC games and addressed them. I can't believe the gaming community is going around attacking this game and giving it zero without even playing. The game itself is great, no performance issues, ignore all the no life haters.
  3. Mar 25, 2018
    Unlike any Assasin's Creed game anyone has ever played before, teh change to a rpg was definitly for the better of the series and is my favourite in the series as well.
  4. Jan 7, 2018
    Assassins Creed Origins is one of the most beautiful games you will play from 2017.

Assassins Creed won’t entirely feel like an Assassins Creed game for long time fans of the franchise but that’s not a bad thing because the game has gotten rid of a lot of the more annoying aspects of past iterations. The inclusion of a numbers RPG system is an interesting change and one that while

The inclusion of a numbers RPG system is an interesting change and one that while may not be extremely deep, does manage to give an actual sense of progress and never feels too grindy in my humble opinion.

The combat and parkour feel a lot smoother and offers a degree of fluidity that makes combat more engaging, the stealth aspect is still there in largely classic fashion but if you are forced to engage, it feels a lot better than in past games.

The story in my opinion, leaves much to be desired but that’s only my opinion, the story follows our hero Bayek, the last of the Ancient Egyptian Order of Medjay who were the Elite special forces and Rangers of Ancient Egypt during the time of Cleopatra which is a fascinating period in history in which you could do so much, and while a lot of neat things are touched on, I think there were some missed opportunities, some of the side missions offer more interesting stories and spectacles at times.

But the main draw is the incredible open world, its immersive beauty is truly something to behold, it’s amazing recreations of locations such as Hellenic Alexandria and Memphis are truly sites to behold, it’s variation is also impressive, I cannot tell you how many times I entered a new zone and was blown away almost every time because of how different and incredibly they were all realized.

The exploration of especially Tombs throughout the world and some of the secrets they hold are intriguing and I think are very enjoyable, my only complaint here is some of the “puzzles” were a little convoluted and I am ashamed to say I had to watch some youtube guides to get through them.

I did encounter some major frame rate drops in certain areas and massive freezes that caused quite the noise from my Xbox, however these never, once caused the game to crash or didn’t resolve themselves and only happened a handful of times, other than that, I never once, came across a game breaking bug or technical issue of any kind that adversely affected the experience.

But all in all this is the best Assassins Creed put forward thus far, every aspect of this game gels together to create a spectacle that is both fun to play and a joy to explore, I’ve put 80+ hours into this game, I’ve got every location and 95% of the achievements and I don’t regret it for a second.
  5. Feb 14, 2018
    Probably the best Assassin's Creed created so far. Ubisoft played well with many implementations about gameplay, the influence of the Far Cry franchise inside this game is evident, in particular the Primal one, but made in an excellent way, using the good stuff and improved to work well inside this game. The storyline is not strong enough for my point of view, but has a good rythm for allProbably the best Assassin's Creed created so far. Ubisoft played well with many implementations about gameplay, the influence of the Far Cry franchise inside this game is evident, in particular the Primal one, but made in an excellent way, using the good stuff and improved to work well inside this game. The storyline is not strong enough for my point of view, but has a good rythm for all the game duration, probably forced in some scenes and choices but generally good.
    The presence of this game on our collections is necessary
  6. Apr 4, 2018
    This game really deserves my 9, it has finally done something new which they haven't really done since 2007 when this game was truly fresh. Following the other games and enjoying learning about stuff or being more wanting to look up historical info, I got bored with playing the games honestly.

This was the first game since 3 I finished all the way through because after that I had such a hard time enjoying my time spent. The aesthetics are always cool and I enjoy the lay of the land.

I will be very honest and say that this game only succeeds in my eyes because its very much a gorgeous open world RPG like Skyrim or the Witcher 3 with slight AC elements. Th combat is fluid, the story is engaging, great skill tree and xp leveling (for this series), I felt emotionally attached to what I was doing, lots to do without the dlc and my favorite side thing is that I can explore and get items or armor than is badass where in previous games you didn't usually get the good stuff until the final chapter.

Ubisoft has worked hard here and made stuff work for the better I feel. It is so close to perfect that I can't recommend it enough.
  7. Jun 6, 2018
    Lo mejor:

Ambientación no le falta detalle Sistema de combate renovado, Sistema de niveles y mejora de habilidades Historia de Aya Gráficamente te deja atontado Lo peor: Misiones repetitivas hasta la saciedad Te obligan a farmear secundarias si quieres hacerte la historia principal Se saca poco provecho de Senu Muchos bugs que te sacan de la experiencia Errores en las
    Lo mejor:

Ambientación no le falta detalle
    Sistema de combate renovado,
    Sistema de niveles y mejora de habilidades
    Historia de Aya
    Gráficamente te deja atontado

Lo peor:

Misiones repetitivas hasta la saciedad
    Te obligan a farmear secundarias si quieres hacerte la historia principal
    Se saca poco provecho de Senu
    Muchos bugs que te sacan de la experiencia
    Errores en las traducciones y en los sonidos
  8. Apr 16, 2018
    Muy buen juego con historia interesante, muy buenos gráficos y cantidad ingente de contenido. Sorprende que la Xbox One lo mueva tan bien.
  9. Apr 9, 2018
    This is now my favorite AC game. The world is huge. The missions are so interesting and even the side quests make the main story deeper at times. The world looks so great and it runs so smoothly that your not distracted by anything technical issues which make you get more drawn into the stories around your character. Only thing keeping this from 10 out 10 was the menu systems need to useThis is now my favorite AC game. The world is huge. The missions are so interesting and even the side quests make the main story deeper at times. The world looks so great and it runs so smoothly that your not distracted by anything technical issues which make you get more drawn into the stories around your character. Only thing keeping this from 10 out 10 was the menu systems need to use cursors to choose things. When you have the sensitivity higher for controls choosing menu choices becomes harder. Expand
  10. Jul 3, 2018
    Got about 4 hours in before complete boredom set in.

Pros:
    - The game looked good and thought it was a cool setting

Cons:
    - One of my favorite things in Creed games was the 100% sync challenge. They removed it.
    - Combat was not fun
    - Not much climbing and scaling buildings which is one of my favorite part of Creed games
    - The early missions were not interesting
  11. Apr 12, 2018
    This game is not perfect but it's still the best Assassin's Creed I have played. For me, combat has always been the weak point of the series, and Ubisoft finally delivered in that department. I suggest you play on hard, with enemy autolevel. Now you have to keep an eye on enemies because it's relatively easy to die, but it's also engaging and fun. This made me appreciate the wholeThis game is not perfect but it's still the best Assassin's Creed I have played. For me, combat has always been the weak point of the series, and Ubisoft finally delivered in that department. I suggest you play on hard, with enemy autolevel. Now you have to keep an eye on enemies because it's relatively easy to die, but it's also engaging and fun. This made me appreciate the whole experience and kept me playing for hours on end.
    Which is good, because the setting is incredible. Ancient Egypt is majestic, spectacular, and when you realize that in the Roman era the game is set in, the pyramids are already more than one thousand years old, you can't help but feel in awe for that great country. The XBox One X really brings its wonders to life, I kept shooting photos.
    I explored all locations in the map, eagerly improved my character's skills and weapon set and thoroughly enjoyed every play session. I didn't really love the side games, i.e. the arena and chariot racing, but they are optional.
    Further improvement? I would suggest differentiating weapons even more, a la Nioh. Right now, for example, a spear behaves like a longer, slower sword, instead of the completely different weapon it actually is. Also, tone down fire a bit, it looks like Bayek walks around covered in gasoline!
    Still, for me this is an epic game and definitely worth full price.
  12. Aug 17, 2018
    The one year break that the assassin's creed series had in 2016 was very important.
    The story of this game is very good, although many people could criticize the lack of interest in the eden apple. Also, the way they present you the inside history of Bayek ( the character) really captivated me.

And finally the graphics of Bayek are impressive, the environment, pyramids, temples, it's the best environment I've ever seen in a game.

The only bad thing I can tell are the fps falls.
  13. May 19, 2018
    Cómo le hacia falta a esta saga un giro a la jugabilidad como la que nos muestra en esta entrega. Muy acertada la temática egipcia la cual, pienso que incluso podrían haber explotado más aun dentro de la historia.
  14. Sep 10, 2019
    Assassin's creed origins is enjoyable beautiful game.

The open world and environment and Graphics: The environment is breath taking in its beauty, verity and details. I think this best presentation of Egypt Environment and it is almost can it be better. For living world (peoples society and animals) also good, but they can do better in terms of living matters and graphics specifically for
    Assassin's creed origins is enjoyable beautiful game.

The open world and environment and Graphics:
    The environment is breath taking in its beauty, verity and details. I think this best presentation of Egypt Environment and it is almost can it be better. For living world (peoples society and animals) also good, but they can do better in terms of living matters and graphics specifically for human. For the open world item there are a lot to discover however the price is almost only a beautiful places like visiting a museum and some times tools. I wish they made more verity awards for the discovery like like special abilities, special tools like I had one cursed spears, which has special features. Gemplay combat:
    A new style in the series and I think it is well done and there is a space for improvement.

Gameplay Stealth kill:
    Good and adding bow style is also nice, but I wish there are will action while preforming stealth kill like in Assassin's creed unity or middle earth shadow of mordor.

Gameplay parkour :
    Good and I like how smooth his movement and climbing any thing easily (maybe a little pit more then required). I think better to be more challenging in doing this parkour and climbing. Also I wish they made better action moves while performing parkour such as Assassin's creed unity.

The Five level story :
    Story acting and scenarios in general are not as expected. It needs more work. Storey for those who comes before not covered or maybe a little bit covered. Current day story and abstergo a little bit covered.
    The main story of bayek is good but it needs more work to be better.
    Historical references and events are covered well. Sub stories in the world of the game are good and some are average.

Quests level system, and upgrading system:
    Quest is good some are repeated but it's OK because Gameplay is nice. Level system I think it's fine and never bother me. I didn't required to do side quest for just increasing my level. Upgrades some are good and some are not required and it can be better. In general as most of ubisoft games it's good game that it can be better and I think it deserves 85 rating. I but put 10 to balance, because I know a lot's of unprofessional rating the game low blindly.
  15. Nov 14, 2017
    This is perhaps the smoothest and interesting Assassin's Creed I've played since Brotherhood. I enjoyed Black Sails but didn't bother with either of the two games that followed it. Maybe it's just the elongated break that makes Origins so good to me but there's a lot of great RPG implementations that were either lacking or presented in smaller ways in previous titles that I played. TheThis is perhaps the smoothest and interesting Assassin's Creed I've played since Brotherhood. I enjoyed Black Sails but didn't bother with either of the two games that followed it. Maybe it's just the elongated break that makes Origins so good to me but there's a lot of great RPG implementations that were either lacking or presented in smaller ways in previous titles that I played. The setting is fantastic and the game looks very good on Xbox One X, though it's not the absolute best visual demonstration of that console's power. There are at least 50 hours of gameplay here if you're not trying to shortcut everything and the game has to offer and play on the Normal mode, a great bargain for the $60 investment you'll put toward this game should you buy it new. Ubisoft has never truly failed at delivering a decent Assassin's Creed game but they have had problems in recent years delivering something above-average. 'Origins' stands out - both for its beautiful setting and more accessible storyline with interesting characters. There are small gameplay improvements here too that will reduce the frustration that some of us would experience with the sluggish/clumsy controls that were experienced in previous games. I recommend AC: Origins more than any recent AC title. If you have a new Xbox One X, you should be picking this game up to see a sample of what the One X can do visually. Expand
  16. Nov 17, 2017
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Returning to its roots in more ways than one
    Assassins Creed Origins takes place in Egypt around 49 BC, the time of Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar You play as the last Medjay, Bayek and occassionaly as his wife Aya Without spoiling the story, something happens that sends Bayek on a revenge quest.. a very personal one that makes Bayek feel real, and gives you a real
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Returning to its roots in more ways than one
    You play as the last Medjay, Bayek and occassionaly as his wife Aya
    Without spoiling the story, something happens that sends Bayek on a revenge quest.. a very personal one that makes Bayek feel real, and gives you a real connection with him…
    Im going to get the bad out of the way first….
    I found the story here to be the weakest in the series main line games…
    As the name suggests.. Origins tells the story of how the Assassins Creed started…
    But it sortve just goes.. okay.. the creed is a thing now.. heres an explanation of the symbol, bye…
    It never feeks impactful or justified.,, it sort of just happens and left me disliking both of the games main characters
    The story is more focused on Bayek and his revenge which is fine… it definitely pulled at my heart strings but the delivery of his story as well as the story of the creed felt so disjointed…
    It has interesting characters from history such as Julius ceasar and Cleopatra…
    But I feel these characters were never fully utilized in the way characters have been in past assassins creed games… theyre just there… which leaves this to be easily the most forgettable campaign
    I feel this may mostly have to do with the game deciding to go the more RPG route.. where you cant just focus on the story as enemies 3 or more levels higher than you will just one hit kill you…
    This had me going out and ignoring the story just to level up and clean the map…
    And when I came back to play through the story it was over before I knew it
    I put 40 hours into the game, not even touching half of its giant map and id be surprised if there was more than 6 to 8 hours of actual campaign content here..
    Overall extrememly disappointed in the campaign, even though it has a powerful opening…
    On a positive note with the campaign.. I loved that we got a peak into our targets minds after assassinating them.. reminding me more of the first game… and there is more of a Desmond Miles feel with the present day…
    It sortve just feels there..not as intrusive as the desmond saga but I feel the potential for something here in the future and it’s a step in the right direction..
    Now that most of my ranting is done..
    Gameplay and experience wise..
    Assassins Creed Origins is one of the best games in the entire Assassins Creed series…
    Egypt is huge, again there is nearly half of this game ive yet to even uncover…
    But uncovering it all is what makes assassins creed origins so great..
    It finally feels addictive again to discover, no longer is the setting just a background.. it’s a character for the first time since Assassins Creed 3
    There is an ungodly amount of detail in this world… easily the best open world of the year, so much care and attention to detail..
    Every inch of this game feels hand crafted rather than thrown into some algorithm
    The world is full of question marks in a way that doesn’t feel overwhelming..
    There are sidquests with real stories attached to them such as helping a suicidal widow get over her grief..
    The characters in the world feel real.. the world feels alive, it goes on with or without you..
    There are tombs and bandit camps for you to raid and captains to kill for weapons, there are the sync points for fast traveling.. there are animal dens, clues for treasure hunts, sunken ships to plunder..
    And you have an egal companion named senu that can take to the sky and mark points of interest to lessen the frustration of searching for an areas treasure to earn that xp bonus for clearing an area
    You can also fight in arenas or chariot race…
    There is so much to do here in this gorgeous world…
    Uncovering new locations will award you with xp so you can level up and use higher weapons and dump skill points into bayek,,
    There is a skill tree that focuses on close combat, ranged combat, and tootls such as smoke bombs and being able to tame animals…
    Assassins Creed Origins is so close to perfection..
    I haven’t had this much fun exploring an open world in a long time…
    of calling my horse or camel and setting off to uncover the next question mark and the secrets this world hides..
    im excited to go back in.
    But the poor campaign hurts my overall opinion of this game, as do the few annoyances I have with its climbing feeling unresponsive compared to syndicate and unity.. and not being able to interact with items until you get out of conflict when enemies are dozens of yards away… which is the biggest one…
    Let enemies ineterupt me… stop locking me out of actions…
    But this open world is the best open world since the witcher 3…
    Assassins Creed is back to being an addictive map cleaner full of wonder.
    I give Assassins Creed Origins
    a 9/10
  17. Dec 1, 2017
    Bayek of Siwa on Xbox One X in glorious 4K, I have played.
    Biggest sandbox map, RPG elements, lots of side quest, hunting animals, tons of equipment, etc. Can recommend to everyone.
  18. Feb 27, 2018
    Ultimately, the sum of its parts, this is a good game. But after enough time with it, you'll start to notice some nagging problems that make the final hours more of a task than an experience. Ironic that for a game called "origins," it would be nearly impossible to tolerate the end.

Each improvement seems like it was one step forward, one step back. Combat, for instance, has been updated to feel more like a Dark Souls or a Witcher game, but the mechanics lack the fluidity to feel perfectly balanced and fair. It's more engaging than the classic counterattack mob, but it feels rough and imprecise when trying to use longer reach weapons or charge attacks. The inability to heal lost portions of your health bar makes combat very frustrating if you accidentally get hit for a good chunk early in a fight. It also makes use of cheesy tropes like having to buy a charged attack upgrade to be able to hit enemies with shields (who will otherwise block every attack and, presumably, be completely impossible to kill).

The stealth and assassinating is the same, with the notable exception that higher level enemies can now be so hard to kill that the hidden blade won't instantly kill them - a believable ruse, almost, except it's an AC game, and the hidden blade should kill anyone (right?). Similarly, a headshot with a flaming arrow may simply ding some of the game's later foes if you haven't leveled up your bow. These roadblocks make pulling off a perfect sneaky approach or lining up a long range shot seem worthless and unfair since all they really serve to do is alert your enemy and do some damage.

Quest tracking is improved, but glitches still abound in the AC universe. Many quests seem like they're never going to end - the game will give you a simple task, like bring a letter to someone. Well, surprise, he's not there, and someone broke into his house. Key a stupid investigation where you determine some bandits kidnapped him. Go find bandits. Twist! man is leading the bandits. He tells you he'll never commit crime again if you go tell his wife he's dead. You do it. He gives you a weapon. Quest finally ends. 8 objectives and you running back and forth between the village and the bandit camp later, it finally ends. It sometimes makes you feel quite powerless and foolish for doing all these inane tasks.

The game offers enough intrigue at first to encourage side questing and exploration, but if you're like me, sooner or later you want to get down to it and do the main quest. Well, the game shows some cracks by making the main quests leaps and bounds harder as the game progresses, passively forcing you to go grind out a bunch of side quests to level up. Frustrating.

The worst part of all is the pitiful, unsatisfying and nonsensical ending. The game gives you the ominous "you cannot turn back after this point. Proceed?" message probably 6 hours before the actual end of the game, making the final bit seem like a cheaply drawn-out slog that reveals unnecessary and (frankly, in my opinion) not believable twists. I genuinely considered the game over three separate times, only to find that, when I finally looked up how many quests there were, I had three still to go. The game very, very loosely and poorly ties the whole story together with the "origin" of the AC brotherhood and makes some pretty significant stretches in changing character personality to force the conclusion to fit the structure that exists in-game.

The game, like the quests, has separation anxiety and never wants you to leave. It forces you to do a string of strange, unrelated tasks between actual, relevant tasks which dilutes the experience. There is enough new content to make it fun, but even the map reveals the game's true identity: after 30+ hours of side quests and exploration, I still hadn't touched about 40% of the map, and of the 60% I saw, only about 25% is inhabited with anything worth a damn. It's a big, ambitious game which has a lot going for it, but it falters enough times to prove that sometimes dreaming small and executing precisely is better than a huge and ambitious but poorly guided experience.
  19. Dec 13, 2017
    "Assassin's Creed Origins" is one of the best open world games to come out in a while. Not having played an AC game since Brotherhood, I was unsure what to expect. I came away with a game that was a total blast and has many hours in store.

One of the best things about the Assassin's Creed games in general is the stealth. This game ups the ante thanks to the brilliant use of a bird named Senu that will spot enemies for you and can even track their paths through a perk system. This is the first AC game with an XP system and it is incredibly addictive. I found myself always wanting to discover a new location or a take down a few enemies so that I could continue to level up. The only issue I have with the leveling up system is that at times there is grinding required to get to the next mission in the main quest.

AC Origins does a great job at presenting Egypt as well. The locales are varied and awesome, and there is something to do at almost every location. I loved climbing pyramids, running across enemy camps, and diving for deep-sea treasures. While the story isn't the most compelling thing in the world, the inclusion of historical figures made it at least someone interesting. I do like the relationship between Bayek and his son and his quest for revenge, but this is no Braveheart,

I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing Assassin's Creed Origins. I somewhat wish there was a multiplayer element to it for more replay value, but there is still plenty to do in it regardless. From a great open-world, to varying missions, and an addictive leveling system, Assassin's Creed Origins is worthy of the praise as one of the best games of 2017.
  20. Nov 1, 2017
    Incredible game! The graphics are incredible, and so is the game's capability to handle the expansive map. The combat was a bit tricky at first but then I got used to it and was able to tailor it to my own play style. Personally I use dual swords because moving like a demon is just really cool. The side quest system also has me hooked. The way that some side quests weave in with each otherIncredible game! The graphics are incredible, and so is the game's capability to handle the expansive map. The combat was a bit tricky at first but then I got used to it and was able to tailor it to my own play style. Personally I use dual swords because moving like a demon is just really cool. The side quest system also has me hooked. The way that some side quests weave in with each other is pretty fascinating. I'm the type of person that will do all of the side quests before completing the main quest, so at the moment I'm grossly over-leveled but I don't really care enough about that to have it affect me. The one little side problem that I have (and it's mostly just a personal preference) is that there are shorter cut scenes than in the previous games. I'm a sucker for cut scenes so that part disappointed me a little, but it didn't discourage me from enjoying the rest of the game. That is because of the tons of little snippets of cut scenes thrown into side quests. All in all, the game is a great one and I would personally recommend it as a long time Assassin's Creed fan. Expand
  21. Dec 3, 2017
    One of the most impressive open worlds created. Full of variety and detail. Full of content. It looks amazing. The new gameplay elements and revamped combat are much needed improvements to the series. Plus, they do not detract from the usual assassin-style, stealth you would expect. Very few bugs for game so expansive. Complaints about micro transactions are always fair, but honestly, IOne of the most impressive open worlds created. Full of variety and detail. Full of content. It looks amazing. The new gameplay elements and revamped combat are much needed improvements to the series. Plus, they do not detract from the usual assassin-style, stealth you would expect. Very few bugs for game so expansive. Complaints about micro transactions are always fair, but honestly, I did not notice they were in the game till after about 30 hours of playing, and they have no impact on the game.

Clearly, the developers have took note of other recent hits. However, this is with slightly mixed results. The RPG elements are the weakest part of the game. A lack of decisions and interaction with the stories/side quests in the game mean they fail to pack the same emotional appeal as other RPG's. Also, the levelling system does not provide much sense of progression.

Even so, I loved the game. The first I have truly relished playing in a long while. It really feels like Ubisoft Montreal took their time to make a game that feels special.
  22. Nov 1, 2017
    Well its better than the last 2 Assassins Creed games.....which isn't saying much. Its pretty much like any other AC game you may have played. They've made it a grindy RPG this time around, so they could slot in micro-transactions. Would have liked to se an overhaul of the parkour system which is still as janky as it ever was. The virtual tour was a nice addition. Loses points for in gameWell its better than the last 2 Assassins Creed games.....which isn't saying much. Its pretty much like any other AC game you may have played. They've made it a grindy RPG this time around, so they could slot in micro-transactions. Would have liked to se an overhaul of the parkour system which is still as janky as it ever was. The virtual tour was a nice addition. Loses points for in game purchases. Expand
  23. Jan 14, 2018
    Don't listen to the haters. If you play this game on Xbox One X it will blow your mind. It's literally a next-gen game when playing on the X. It's one of the greatest action RPGs right after Witcher 3. A massive living world, amazing gameplay, mind-blowing graphics and attention to detail out of this world. I was skeptical before the purchase (watched tons of reviews) and now I'm the biggest fan.
  24. Oct 27, 2017
    Have been looking forward to this and am not disappointed. The combat change is more challenging and does take a little time to get used to. The side content is better than most open world games and Egypt is gorgeous. Beyond that, it's familiar Assassin's Creed, but one of the better entries in the series.
  25. Nov 1, 2017
    Assassin’s Creed Origins est donc un très grand jeu, et possiblement le meilleur Assassin’s Creed jamais sorti. Jouissant d’une direction artistique remarquable, d’un contenu pharaonique et d’une écriture que n’auraient pas reniée les meilleurs scribes, il ne fait aucun doute que la saga Assassin’s Creed est de retour au sommet avec l’épisode Origins. Pas parfait, mais pas loin de l’être,Assassin’s Creed Origins est donc un très grand jeu, et possiblement le meilleur Assassin’s Creed jamais sorti. Jouissant d’une direction artistique remarquable, d’un contenu pharaonique et d’une écriture que n’auraient pas reniée les meilleurs scribes, il ne fait aucun doute que la saga Assassin’s Creed est de retour au sommet avec l’épisode Origins. Pas parfait, mais pas loin de l’être, Assassin’s Creed Origins est un titre indispensable pour les amoureux d’aventure  Expand
  26. Oct 27, 2017
    Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the best open-world action games of this generation. The setting is quite evocative, the plot is engaging and there are also good endgame activities. The Creed is reborn.
  27. Nov 6, 2017
    I cannot understand so much bad juju around this game. We have a few glitches in graphic rendering. Ubisoft bastards! Give it a zero! We have microtransactions built-in menu which nobody is forcing on you. Actually, I really like time Saver option because AC Origin is huge. Till now I've spent over 70 hours in game and and total completion percent is only 45. Nevertheless, give itI cannot understand so much bad juju around this game. We have a few glitches in graphic rendering. Ubisoft bastards! Give it a zero! We have microtransactions built-in menu which nobody is forcing on you. Actually, I really like time Saver option because AC Origin is huge. Till now I've spent over 70 hours in game and and total completion percent is only 45. Nevertheless, give it a zero! And so on. Come on guys! Really!? Don't be such cry babies!
    If you liked previous Assassin's Creed games, then you will love this one too. You can play it in many different ways: Play it like Witcher 3, put more accent on the side quests, explore wonderful world of ancient Egypt, explore tombs, mountains forests and cities, help people along the way, collect goods and advance Bayek’s abilities. Play it in Ezo and Altair style and be an deadly assassin using stealth, sleep darts, poison, smokescreen, parkour and climbing. Maybe you like direct approach so, use melee type of fighting. Shields, three types of swords and four types of heavy weapons like blunts, scepters spears and blades should be enough for even more fierced Warriors. Don't like close combat? No problem! You can be deadly (and stealthy) from a distance: use variety of bows and arrows (you can choose between four types of bows). You will learn to appreciate Senu’s eagle vision more than you think, but be warned: scouting with Senu can ruin some exploration delights. Love Lions? Then tame one! It's a deadly companion! Horses and camels are too slow for you? Use chariots instead! I can write a dozen tips like this.
    There is fiew bad things too. For exsample, fighting with some enemies feels awkward, like you are connected to each other with a rubber band.You cannot escape series or blows and will most likely end up dead. Fire. Bayak’s outfit (no matter which one) acts like it is made of paper and catches fire pretty damn quickly so avoid those god damn, in floor level, brassieres! And last, supernatural cutscenes. You will see plenty of those. I won't spoil anything, but that was a bit too much for my taste. Ubisoft should left it out or make it in some other way.
    This game was not meant to be played in a rush. You have to be patient with it. Learn fighting mechanics, plan ahead, use tactics, upgrade your weapons and skills. Enemies are not so dumb anymore. In other words take your time and enjoy gameplay. It's not a perfect game, but Ubisoft made this one really good.
  28. Nov 6, 2017
    It has been 10 long years. Assassin's creed loved and hated. On its anniversary, the company Ubisoft decided to change his most popular series of games. A dangerous move, but commendable.

Assassin's creed origins is an RPG. Now this is not an action adventure stealth game. ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS decided to compete with The Witcher 3. The game does not even hide it. The developers also do not hide it. But I have one question: why? Assassin's creed was supposed to change in Uncharted 4. And then that would be great! Assassin's creed needs to compete with Naughty Dog, not CD Projekt RED. Assassin's creed needs to be an adventure and cinematic adventure like Uncharted 4, not overgrown and poteryavshie as textures RPG. But ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS has all the elements of the genre. There is no variability of the plot and options dialogs, no consequences. The plot is linear. From an RPG we have a huge open world, combat system, lots of loot and crafting. it is a natural development of the series Assassin's creed, but I wish it was less, but more, prorabotano and cinematic.

The plot of the game is simple. And once again, we played as a character who's out for revenge. This is not a problem - he's got good reason for revenge. The story of the game consists of the gradual destruction of our goals, as it always has. Story missions interesting, made a very creative (Yes, that huge snake in the story missions). The story in ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS very Mature. in it aremany drammatichnye moments. this is a very personal story. The protagonist himself Byek adult, wise, just, the protector of Egypt. this is not a frivolous guy, and see the life of a man. The plot has a few minus: 1) the Beginning of the game completely crumpled. If we were shown consecutively, as were all the carnage at the beginning would be better. 2) The End of history. At the end of the story the Bayek's wife - Aya. Yes, we also played, but to put an end to the story needs exactly the character that we control most of the game. 3) Poorly disclosed historical figures. The trailers gave the impression that we will long to spend time with Cleopatra and Caesar. But no. If Cleopatras we are a long time, Caesar just popped in for a few minutes. 3) Oren and the mysticism of ancient Egypt (I would like more mystery and hallucinations).

Additional tasks. Since this is an RPG, but a lot of them! Very much! It is good that these tasks are interesting. Not all, but most. There's no stupid "bring, bring". Each job has its own mini story. There are no dramatic level of The Witcher, but the writers have done well and some of them are memorable. although by the end of the game is a significant uniformity in the gameplay - every time you sneak into the enemy camp and to do something.

Changed combat system. She was vdohnovlaet Dark Souls and The Witcher, and the whole change came rather good than not. Now the combat system gives you a challenge. Now not easy to kill everyone by pressing a few buttons. In ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS you have to plan every action. And each weapon has a different weight and the speed at which the impactors. But, for me, the combat system is not repaired until the end, it has quite a few flaws (especially the camera, which is becoming "Japanese").

The main thing in ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS is Egypt. And recreated it perfectly! Let it rather monotonous (oases, similar to the city of palm trees and desert), but this is Egypt. Open world is very beautiful, the artists are great games its work. If textures are not quality, the scenery and draw distance is simply magnificent! Have a NPC has a daily routine that can help and assignments, and the simulation of life increased. The story of the characters, and those who give additional tasks can vstretil on the street. The developers have managed to fill in Egypt and it is not boring to travel.

ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS is a good adventure. And a great tour of Egypt! Yes, the game was released early, she needs at least another half a year to be in development (the game has problems with animations, problems with the combat system, there are bugs). But for the game in an open world is a good result. It's not the best Assassin's creed since the story could have been done better, but this is a game that takes you in the world. I enjoyed studying all of Egypt, examined all the pyramids and performed all tasks. It is a good return after a year break. Assassin's creed has changed so much that if not the name, it can be difficult to determine what is Assassin's creed.
  29. Oct 28, 2017
    The best Assassin's Creed series game! Finally updated combo system, huuuuge map, no more annoying amount of chests/animus fragments U need to collect. Awesome detalization! Day/night cycle that actually changes something in game, not only visually. Perk system that lets you select the way U want to play a game! This game rocks!
  30. Nov 4, 2017
    The game is a great change from what I've played previously. AC 3 and Black Flag bored me to tears. Couldnt get beyond the opening scenarios. Origins starts with great gameplay, but an absolutely terrible story- you have no idea whats going on. It clears up quickly, but for a game thats doing its best to emulate the legendary Witcher 3, the storytelling is well below par.

Graphics are

Graphics are great. Framerate chugs at times. Load times are acceptable (one area it absolutely beats Witcher 3).

Controls... Simpler than before. Climbing is more fluid than in other AC games I've played. Combat takes queues from Dark Souls and Witcher 3. You can lock on, block and parry with a shield, roll and dodge... Its faster than dark souls but not as elegant as Witcher 3. And yet I still enjoyed the experience. I changed the controls rather than use the default shoulder buttons.

In the first ten hours the only glitch issues I saw were some odd hair physics on one NPC type, hardly noticeable.

The loot system is very forgiving. If you find a great weapon at a low level you can always pay to level it up to your current level. Weapon types have different feels. Stats all feel very similar between weapons. I haven't encountered anything noteworthy- not like in Borderlands where you can find powerful and quirky weapons even in the early game. But its not bad. Its a nice middle ground between loot-based and traditional AC.

Missions fluctuate between stock open-world fare and interestingly written. Again, the game takes queues from Witcher 3, but falls short. The side missions lack the gravitas of CD Projekt Red's game, but are a welcome change to the perpetual fetch-questing of other open worlds. And while there is banal and grindy fetch-questing in Origins, overall I would say the writing is decent and the missions fun and rewarding. Voice acting is great, though the NPCs are a bit repetitive.

The game does have microtransactions, and technically has loot boxes. But I not yet felt these were in the way. Only at the beginning of the game was I shown the store, and the economy in game does not seem affected by microtransactions. The game doesn't push the loot box agenda.

So for me this is an 8... Barely. Its good overall. Great in some areas. A little lackluster. The biggest disappointment was that I felt a little disappointed. After hearing the game took additional time to complete I was expecting something a bit more polished. But 8 is still great. If you're more picky than I am, I can totally see this as a 7. The user score of 4.9 at the time of writing is not accurate. It reflects some issues with the pc version. On the standard xbox one this is a great game.
  31. Oct 27, 2017
    Assassin’s Creed Origins improves from its past few installments in almost every way, yet it never quite reaches the heights of the games it tries to emulate. Its combat isn’t Dark Souls level. Its quests aren’t The Witcher 3 level. Its open world isn’t…well honestly, this might actually be one of the most impressive virtual spaces I’ve ever seen, so credit where it’s due there. I do haveAssassin’s Creed Origins improves from its past few installments in almost every way, yet it never quite reaches the heights of the games it tries to emulate. Its combat isn’t Dark Souls level. Its quests aren’t The Witcher 3 level. Its open world isn’t…well honestly, this might actually be one of the most impressive virtual spaces I’ve ever seen, so credit where it’s due there. I do have to imagine that if you ever have loved a game in the Assassin’s Creed series that you’ll enjoy what Origins does here, but also if you don’t have 60+ hours to sink into a game as absolutely massive as this one, I don’t blame you either. But I enjoyed my time with it, more so than I was even expecting, having thought I had burned out on this franchise for good. Expand
  32. Oct 27, 2017
    Game looks amazing and the robust world that changes with the 24 hour cycle makes it seem the world is very much alive and gives the player different ways to do a mission or assassinate a target! Ubisoft did amazing job. The combat is fluid and makes you think about the engagement that your going into.
  33. Oct 29, 2017
    Honesty, I wasn't even going to pick up this title. I Have invested many hours into all of the Assassins creeds with exception for syndicate. The reviews that came out the day before release had me scared. I decided to say screw it and buy it, and that was the best decision i've made in a long time. I would like to hit on a few of the negatives i saw in reviews. Now i know reviewers onlyHonesty, I wasn't even going to pick up this title. I Have invested many hours into all of the Assassins creeds with exception for syndicate. The reviews that came out the day before release had me scared. I decided to say screw it and buy it, and that was the best decision i've made in a long time. I would like to hit on a few of the negatives i saw in reviews. Now i know reviewers only have so much time with the game. But one complaint i saw was the "grind".

They made it seem like there was some huge grind to level up and play the main missions. Well in 18 hours that i have played I have gone to every question mark in the area, and i've done every side quest. I have enjoyed them all, and none have seemed repetitive thus far. This so called grind has left me at lvl 21 in a lvl 10 or 15 zone. I have over 10k drachmas, or coins. All of this has been done before i left Alexandria.

Another complaint i've seen was the assassin's blade being too weak. If you do every thing it won't be a problem because you'll already over level the enemy. But through normal play of the game, by the time i even unlocked the blade i had enough resources to level, and craft it up about 80%.

I didn't think the game looked good in videos. Coming off a binge of hunter call of the wild, a almost life like game graphically i have to say. ACO Is a beautiful game! And it plays very well on my Original xbox one. In the distance it can look muddy, but let me tell you. Sneaking through tall grass when the moonlight comes through the leaves is a sight to be seen.

Now let's talk about the gameplay in general. It feels really smooth, I haven't really ran into many stutters. I think the game has froze one time on me but other than that it's smooth. The stealth is great and it gave me the splinter cell fix i needed. The fighting itself isn't bad. Against one or two enemies it can be a skillful game of blocks, and perries. Against 3 or more it becomes a bit harder But usually only when they have archers. They will flank you and shoot you in your back. You really need to position yourself well. I've found heavy spike maces to be my favourite. You can hit people to the ground, stun men with shields, and it has aoe. Spear is an amazing aoe weapon too.

The movement seems fluid, and i haven't jumped to my death or got caught on anything as of yet. He has more of a weighty feel. Going up hills will cause him to run slower, and if you jump from 15 feet you will lose health.

Let's talk about the map. Like i said i'm 18 hours in, i'm not far into the story at all but the zones i have been in have amazed me. You go from sand dunes and huts, To a lush green mountainy region in the north. To Alexandria with its beautiful greek marbled architecture. And then to the Nile with Killer animals. I would like to hit on tombs, and the pyramids but i'm not there yet. level wise i could go.

The story so far hasn't been bad. I feel like some parts have been erratic and fast when it's being told, and some of the cut scenes i feel like have been cut short. Other than that i'll remain spoiler free and say it has me excited to see what will happen.

last let's talk about loot boxes. The thought was a turnoff but it doesn't effect the game. They are there if you want them though. The game does give you 200 credits to spend for free. That will get you some resources or i think 2000 in game currency. The game does have loot boxes marked with a blue exclamation mark. You can buy a box with 3000 in game currency.

Please just read the metacritic reviews. Don't watch Reviews on youtube. If i listened to youtube i wouldn't have gotten the game.. I just wanted to hit on the 2 starting points. The game will be a grind if you don't enjoy it and just want to beat it. IF you love exploring, and doing side quests and leaving the main story at the end then you will have no problems with progression. If you stuck around this long thank you for your time!
  34. Oct 27, 2017
    Finally the time is here
    this game saves the entire franchise and even Ubisoft
    great graphics, awesome story, great character, big sand box open world full of thing to do, gladiator arena, boss fights, boat fights, modern day and many more
    this worth a 60$
    i highly recommend this game for everyone to play
  35. Oct 27, 2017
    Un juego muy bueno, y un mejor assassins creed, un mundo vivo, con buen detalle grafico, una banda sonora increible y una jugabilidad igual de buena, aun no termino la historia, pero lo que he jugado vale definitivamente un 10!
  36. Oct 27, 2017
    Первые впечатления
    Игра дарит только положительные эмоции. Сколько времени провел и не переставал удивляться.
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея. Плюсы +Отличная графика +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!)
    Первые впечатления
    Коротко, что я увидел за 6 часов гейплея.
    Плюсы
    +Отличная графика
    +Огромный мир, который теперь интересно исследовать благодаря рпг системе
    +Боевка мне очень понравилась, прям вообще. Чувствуется как ты дерешься с врагами. (И пофигу на анимацию сражения с бегемотом в воде!) Главное как игра ощущается, а не то какая там анимация и другая условность!
    +Интригующий сюжет
    +Куча лорной информации, включая Дезмонта и тд.
    +Зоркие и мощные враги (играл на самом сложном)
    +Запоминающиеся персонажи
    +Появилась жесткость, как по мне, это огромный плюс в копилку! Громадный! (поскольку способствует лучшему восприятию окружения)
    +Все задания уникальны!
    +Видно, что много идей взято, например, из "The Witcher 3". Т.е. не прямо взято, а вдохновлено им, что не может не радовать!
    +Плотва...ой простите, верблюд всегда под рукой)) Топать самому не приходится.
    Минусы
    -Пока я их не нашел
    Итог
    Даже не верю, что Ubisoft вот так взяла и координально поменяла игру. Давно у меня не было такого желания... чисто взять и раствориться в этом виртуальном мире.
  37. Oct 27, 2017
    Its 100% better than any other open World Game. Graphic is awesome Gameplay is smooth and The story is heart touching its a perfect game for any gamer this game is something that can shake the world
  38. Oct 27, 2017
    The combat is challenging and thoughtful, and while the loot system doesn’t match up to games like Destiny 2, there are enough different weapon types and enough enemy variety to keep you swapping between weapons, catered to the situation. The RPG elements encourage challenges of their own, and even despite a handful of bugs, I desperately wanted to keep playing
  39. Nov 7, 2017
    Finally an Assassin's creed game done perfect. Good leveling system, crafting system, hood up/down, crouch button, hide bodies, foliage all over, world feels alive, improved combat, fun weapons.
  40. Nov 9, 2017
    As a massive fan of Black Flag (not so much AC itself as a whole) I pre-ordered this and picked up up on launch day, waited almost two weeks till I got my XB1X to play it. Immediately I was amazed at the game graphically. This is by far the best looking console game I have played. I have two 4k PCs as well so I know what that front is like. Not sure what the frame rate is on the X,As a massive fan of Black Flag (not so much AC itself as a whole) I pre-ordered this and picked up up on launch day, waited almost two weeks till I got my XB1X to play it. Immediately I was amazed at the game graphically. This is by far the best looking console game I have played. I have two 4k PCs as well so I know what that front is like. Not sure what the frame rate is on the X, but if it's only 30 at 4k it isn't bothering me.

Right away though I was concerned with the gameplay. The prologue was not grabbing me. The story is confusing. In fact I'm still not sure exactly what's going on and why the protagonist is on this journey. But once I got past the prologue, and got more use to the new combat system, the game really grew on me. Actually the combat is now refreshing from other ACs. It's very Dark Souls-y without a stamina meter IMO. Not quite W3 or Batman as you can't just spam to your heart's content and hold block for invulnerability. This new system requires you to think defensively as well.

Questing is refreshing from the previous ACs. Other than the treasure hunting quests, it doesn't feel like the typical Ubisoft open-world style game of rinse and repeat. Nothing I've done in the main story or side quests so far is a copy paste of a previous mission (again, aside from the treasure hunting).

Soundtrack is good. Very industrial, similar to Unity's soundtrack. The world itself is immense. I swear the zone that contains Alexandria itself is as big as the London map of Syndicate.

Overall, I'm now thoroughly enjoying the game. If you're a hardcore AC fan I'm not sure how'd you'd like this with all the changes (including the new RPG style loot system), but fans of Black Flag will love it. I am.
  41. Oct 28, 2017
    The game is enjoyable and brings a welcome change to the style of game that was beginning to look a bit stale. I have no doubt many of the franchise's stalwarts will either berate or embrace what this iteration of AC has to offer. If there is one thing I don't like at this stage is the low framerate. I mostly game on a PC which is becoming a bit old and I didn't want to risk this gameThe game is enjoyable and brings a welcome change to the style of game that was beginning to look a bit stale. I have no doubt many of the franchise's stalwarts will either berate or embrace what this iteration of AC has to offer. If there is one thing I don't like at this stage is the low framerate. I mostly game on a PC which is becoming a bit old and I didn't want to risk this game playing poorly. This, along with a couple of other Xbox exclusive titles and my age resulting in my reduced interest in first person shooters will be the reason why I opt to buy an Xbox One X next month and use my PC for the ridiculous amount of backlog of games I need to play through.

If you are a fan of AC, and I'd even go as far as to say a fan of the Far Cry series then this game will be up your street. The old style of AC combat is gone and is replaced with a hybrid of Far Cry Primal and For Honor's combat. I am enjoying it so far. 8/10 solely for the crappy frame rate.
  42. Nov 13, 2017
    I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. My least favorite AC game is Black Flag. I didn't want to be a pirate. I wanted to be an assassin. The same team that made Black Flag, made this game. It is stunning and the controls are precise. The story is pretty good. It is slow to get started with the meat of the game. The game is almost everything you'd expect from an AC game, but it stillI'm gonna keep this short and sweet. My least favorite AC game is Black Flag. I didn't want to be a pirate. I wanted to be an assassin. The same team that made Black Flag, made this game. It is stunning and the controls are precise. The story is pretty good. It is slow to get started with the meat of the game. The game is almost everything you'd expect from an AC game, but it still feels like something different like Black Flag did. While I don't care for the new combat system, there is so much game to sink your teeth into. If you like AC, this game won't disappoint. Expand
  43. Oct 29, 2017
    If your are an old AC fan like myself and were dissapointed in the last few games you will be pleasantly suprised by how good this game is. Good story and characters, AMAZING world, great pace for keveking and good sidequests that make the game feel much more like a bethesda rpg. Combat is better and the travel system is awesome, I have put 24 hours in and i have only been in 7 out of theIf your are an old AC fan like myself and were dissapointed in the last few games you will be pleasantly suprised by how good this game is. Good story and characters, AMAZING world, great pace for keveking and good sidequests that make the game feel much more like a bethesda rpg. Combat is better and the travel system is awesome, I have put 24 hours in and i have only been in 7 out of the 20ish regions. Ubisoft proved that more time equals better game. Expand
  44. Dec 5, 2017
    El mejor juego que he jugado en toda mi put@ vida, realmente lo amo y la jugabilidad esa genial. Muy recomendable.
    Gráficas, Sonido, el jugar en HDR es realmente magnifico.
  45. Jun 24, 2019
    "Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a mulicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."
    This is sick.
  46. Dec 31, 2017
    Is amazing game, so beaty and must cool. I am play hour and hour in xbox one and gameplay is fluid and game showed few errors
  47. May 22, 2018
    Assasins Creed Origins is nearly the perfect game for me, the only negative things I would say is as your coming up to end of game content you are forced more and more to do side quests to level up, breaking the great momentum of the game. Other than that its definitely a game that will suck a good 70+ hours of your life away without you noticing.
  48. Oct 27, 2017
    First things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuffFirst things first, this isn't your usual Ubisoft collectathon, and I have to applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. Recent Ubisoft games were filled with boring repetitive side-objectives and stuff to collect without any context. That gave games a little bit of extra padding and added length. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot to do here. There's still a ton of stuff to do here but it all feels meaningful, a little bit like the Witcher 3. Apart from that, ancient Egypt is really stunning and exploring this beautiful world is actually rewarding. Combat is the best in the series and leveling up, whatever the game, is always fun and addicting.

Overall, it's a great game, the developers were really passionate about making this, and the game reflects their passion and commitment.
  49. Oct 27, 2017
    Absolutely amazing. Still can't accept how big the map is. This has to be Game of the Year. Soooo Beautiful!!! Where are the haters who said it will be downgraded.
  50. Oct 27, 2017
    Встал в 7 утра, чтобы потестить сие творение. Как оказалось, не зря)
    Игра сходу понравилась, современный графон, оптимизация хорошая - на ультра все летает.
    Есть прокачка персонажа, крафт оружия и брони, и это отлично вписывается в геймплей. Русская локализация с русской озвучкой. Огромная карта с кучей локаций и занятий. Можно прокатиться на верблюде :D Минусов пока не нашел.
    Встал в 7 утра, чтобы потестить сие творение. Как оказалось, не зря)
    Русская локализация с русской озвучкой.
    Огромная карта с кучей локаций и занятий.
    Можно прокатиться на верблюде :D
    Минусов пока не нашел.
    Последние части, которые так сходу нравились были Black Flag и Rogue, и эта часть имеет все шансы превзойти их.
  51. Jan 4, 2018
    While ancient Egypt is a wonderful location to explore and graphically top notch it surely lacks the means to make Assassin's Creed great again.

What I mean with that is the beginning of the game being much fun but decreasing in enjoyability steadily until it reaches being a exhausting chore rather than a fun experience. The overall formula got a new skin but nothing more. You still just wander from location to location doing the same stuff over and over again. Namely infiltrating a small (or sometimes big) basecamp of bandits or the big bad rulers, assassinate one or more targets that don't have anything special about them, maybe grab a bit of loot and then make your escape.

While I enjoy the basic principles of this concept, a realistic old setting simply lacks the opportunities to reach its potential to the fullest. You only have smoke bombs, sleep darts and berserk syringes(?) to play with and not fancy superpowers like in Dishonored or opportunities and disguises like in Hitman. That makes the whole gameplay terribly repetitive that I put the game away after 40 hours of playing (I'm a completionist which rather hinders me enjoying this as much as I could) and probably pick it up again at a later point to finish the story.

And while I admit that the setting is a joy to watch at, old Egyptian architecture surely is repetitive and doesn't offer much playroom. The lack of extra objectives like in the old games also harms the game and I don't even know a reason why they're gone as I enjoyed to have an extra challenge since higher difficulty doesn't make the game particularly harder (except fighting against multiple enemies in the new fighting system I will talk about later in this review) but just more annoying since fights simply take longer and the AI isn't much smarter.

The fighting system is a nice and welcome addition but didn't do much for me as I'm more a stealth player than anything else. Still it makes fighting against groups of enemies harder than just pressing a button to counter attack. So at least this was good.

Without spoiling anything the story is like always in AC games (at least for me). Not bad but nothing special, the quests are better than the side ones though so it's worth prioritizing it.

So overall the game is rather bad in my opinion. It has superb presentation and doing side quests like exploring an old tomb, looking at cases of ritual murder or just looking at the environment was fun but it got repetitive way too fast. And sadly being an Assassin is simply boring in this game since your tools for assassination are too few and don't give you enough playroom to kill in your own style. I'd say if you absolutely love Assassin's Creed or are a newcomer to the series who isn't full of the repetitive style you should focus on the story and mainly ignore everything else for your own good. That maybe lengthens the period of enjoying the game enough to the point of finishing it.
  52. Nov 3, 2017
    I think its the best Assassin's Creed since AC II. For sure its very different so may some old Fans are disappointed but finally UBISOFT did something new. They looked at good games like the Witcher 3 and tried to combine elements of it with the AC elements. Better combat system, Great Story after some really boring stories in the past, Great characters (Bayek is not the cool guy like inI think its the best Assassin's Creed since AC II. For sure its very different so may some old Fans are disappointed but finally UBISOFT did something new. They looked at good games like the Witcher 3 and tried to combine elements of it with the AC elements. Better combat system, Great Story after some really boring stories in the past, Great characters (Bayek is not the cool guy like in AC2, 4, unity, syndicate - he is much more like Altair which i think its awesome), and a giant, detailed world which is alone worth to buy the game. Egypt is stunning, beautiful, amazing... just fun to travel around! And a story of the future what i really missed in the past games. I cannot get enough of the game. Expand
  53. Jan 2, 2018
    The best Assassin's Creed game by a mile, and maybe the best Ubisoft game. The combat is exceptional. Think Witcher 3 with more weapons (though this is not on the level of that game, but few are). The world feels as alive as any world ever, up there with GTA V, Witcher 3, and The Last of Us. Graphics are top notch. And no bugs!!!
  54. Nov 1, 2017
    I went into this game totally expecting not to like it. For months I have listened to certain Ubisoft devs talk about the changes they have made for Assassin's Creed Origins, and I wasn't super happy about what I was hearing. Things like "zelda like combat", or going from RPG elements to full on RPG. I, like a lot of old people like me don't like change as much as we should, but I haveI went into this game totally expecting not to like it. For months I have listened to certain Ubisoft devs talk about the changes they have made for Assassin's Creed Origins, and I wasn't super happy about what I was hearing. Things like "zelda like combat", or going from RPG elements to full on RPG. I, like a lot of old people like me don't like change as much as we should, but I have always LOVED Assassin;s Creed. It's faults and all. Anyway, in AC Origins you are thrust into ancient Egypt and looking for revenge. Bayek (or however you spell it) is the protagonist you will be for about 90% of the game. I don't want to say too much about him for fear of spoilers, but I should say I like his character a whole lot more than the last few after Edward Kenway. The shining star of this game in my opinion is Egypt itself. Never have I seen a more beautiful recreation of the land of the pyramids. Everything is beautiful. If not for a few pop in instances and some 3 to 4 second freezes every once in a while the game runs pretty smooth. I did see some frame rate dips when a lot is happening on the screen but it wasn't enough for me to get frustrated. I think the combat is really close to being excellent but I feel like the lock on system holds it back a bit. If you are fighting just one enemy the combat system shines but considering that rarely happens, the lock on system can be a detriment. Cycling through 5 or 6 enemies to get to the one about to attack you can be super frustrating at times. I can't say it never works, it just isn't as smooth as the Batman Arkham style of combat the series adopted for quite some time. Another change for the best imo is the loot system. Weapons and bows have many shapes and sizes. You have your swords, sickle swords, spears, scepters, heavy blades, heavy blunts, etc. As far as the bows go you have hunter bows, predator bows, warrior bows, and light bows. Then you have your blues (common) purple (rare) and yellow (legendary). I think Ubisoft did a great job at making different weapons unigue but I feel like they kind of dropped the ball on the legendary side of it. Still worth getting, but they don't have anything super special about them other than having one more perk than the purple weapons. You also have a small shield now which like weapons come in blue, purple, yellow. I think the Legendary shields are worth getting the most. For example one of the legendary shields I have poison enemies after a block. All this requires is holding down LB on xbox one and you block all light attacks. Needless to say this shield has been super helpful. Anyway, I don't want to give a lot away but I now feel AC Origins is a step in the right direction in terms of revitalizing the series. Give it a shot if you like RPGs, Even if you have NEVER liked AC it is possible you might like this one. Expand
  55. Feb 21, 2018
    The most impressive, beautiful, huge open world I've played to date. Nothing else good other than that.

World design: A+++
    Main missions: F
    Side quests: F
    Final missions: F minus
  56. Oct 27, 2017
    Origins is perhaps a one step forward, two steps backward situation for the franchise. While its visuals are fantastic, and the immersive nature of the historical world is still seen as in any AC game, that's where the game's highlights stop. Bayek and his story is impossible to truly invest in due to the game's unenthusiastic start, and the change of controls and systems is impossible toOrigins is perhaps a one step forward, two steps backward situation for the franchise. While its visuals are fantastic, and the immersive nature of the historical world is still seen as in any AC game, that's where the game's highlights stop. Bayek and his story is impossible to truly invest in due to the game's unenthusiastic start, and the change of controls and systems is impossible to master, especially the control of Bayek's eagle, an addition to the franchise that makes no sense.

On top of this, there is a distinct lack of actual Assassin's Creed lore that drives the franchise, and keeps them connected through specific links apart from the historical Templar vs Assassin fight. Ubisoft has moved from making an Assassin's Creed game to an RPG set in Ancient Egypt, with a minimalist approach to connecting the game to the rest of the franchise.

It is definitely a disappointing entry. While I applaud Ubisoft for trying something different, the next-gen formula for the franchise was perfected in Syndicate, even Black Flag. For fans of the original games, who enjoyed the stories of the Kenways or Ezio, I wouldn't recommend this game. Unfortunately, Ubisoft listened to the criticisms of the wrong fans of the franchise in my opinion. Hopefully it's true that every second Assassin's Creed game will be a low point (a la Unity), and in the next coming years, the franchise's next entry will be less of a disappointment.
  57. Nov 9, 2017
    Just like madden, cod, or battlefield... Once you played one of these games you have played them all. Red M&M... Blue M&M... They all wind up the same color in the end... Slight differences but mostly it's just the same crappy game every year. Rushed... Unfinished... over priced... tons of dlc that's just stuff that the game should have launched with from day one... Heck..... Some timesJust like madden, cod, or battlefield... Once you played one of these games you have played them all. Red M&M... Blue M&M... They all wind up the same color in the end... Slight differences but mostly it's just the same crappy game every year. Rushed... Unfinished... over priced... tons of dlc that's just stuff that the game should have launched with from day one... Heck..... Some times the games are even broken and in dire need of proper patching... Heck...... Some times they never get fixed like in the case of Master crap collection on the xbox one.

Luckily this isn't unity but it's still trash for the most part. Also micro transactions so you're not missing out on anything by ignoring this one. As a matter of fact you're helping the world of gaming become a better place by avoiding micro transaction games so not getting this crappy game would be for the best.
  58. Nov 13, 2017
    after a long time this is a very good AC part. Absolutely beautiful world and atmosphere.
    But i dont like the Combatsystem, i dont feel like a powerful assassin anymore. And you lose the overview in fights too much.
  59. Oct 28, 2017
    I really can't understand how people rate a game that has more than 50 hours gameplay a negative review with just 30min in game or as soon as they see a bug!!!
    Come on guys!
    *I will write my review for this after I've played it completely, but for now everything looks awesome* Ok, as people like to know about the game, I'm listing some of my opinion after about 5hrs gameplay: +
    Come on guys!

+ Start of the game and story is strong
    + Bayek, His act and voice is superb
    + Egypt, it's recreation and graphics are awesome
    + Music and ambient sounds are perfect
    + The redesigned fighting system fits so well and I like it (It's more personal maybe)
    + So many other gameplay options like: changing the time and people behavior about the time, their routine life, one key for parkor system and it's fluid animations, ...

- Lack of sprint for horse, camel
    - No option for how much time you want to pass
    - AI and enemy behavior could be much better!
  60. Oct 29, 2017
    Берем пропатченного “Ведьмак 3”, погружаем в предварительно разогретый сеттинг древнего Египта, добавляем порцию лута из “Diablo 3”, посыпаем мелко порезанной боевкой из “Dark Souls”, разбавляем форпостами и зверями из Far Cry (лучше Primal), щепотку дроноСовы из “Ghost Recon Wildlands”, не забудьте маленький колиматорный прицел из “Far Cry 3-4”, ориентир по карте из “TES 4 Oblivion” и всеБерем пропатченного “Ведьмак 3”, погружаем в предварительно разогретый сеттинг древнего Египта, добавляем порцию лута из “Diablo 3”, посыпаем мелко порезанной боевкой из “Dark Souls”, разбавляем форпостами и зверями из Far Cry (лучше Primal), щепотку дроноСовы из “Ghost Recon Wildlands”, не забудьте маленький колиматорный прицел из “Far Cry 3-4”, ориентир по карте из “TES 4 Oblivion” и все это обильно поливаем соусом из “Assassin Creed’ов”. При первой подаче обязательно посыпьте багами (совсем чуть-чуть) Пожалуй лучшее блюдо готово!
    Называем ORIGIN и подаем в STEAM
  61. Dec 5, 2017
    This game is probably the best ubisoft game of the year. I didnt experience any game-breaking issues. I completed the main story and there is still a ton left to do.
  62. Nov 4, 2017
    Really good game, good graphics, good plot, good everything. The game had a few glitches but the glitches made me laugh so hard because the camels are so funny. I recommend this game
  63. Nov 4, 2017
    Visually this game is amazing and it plays really smoothly throughout the game play. It brought everything I wanted from an AC game and a bit more in the aspect that the combat style is different and more challenging for the better, after experiencing Unity's no effort combat style, this was a welcomed changed. Worth the purchase.
  64. Nov 7, 2017
    The combat within this game is so bad! It sucks. One of the worst games I purchased this year. Stopped playing after 2 hours. I tried to give it some time but nope, it sucks. Gave it back the same day to EB games and swapped for Wolfenstein 2! Now that is a good game!
  65. Nov 5, 2017
    Наконец то игра преобразилась играется совершенно по новому конечно были опасения но новый Assassins развеял их. В последнее время игры ubisoft полный отстой сплошное разочарование но не в случае с новым Ассасином
    отлично проработанный мир боевая система наконец то не вызывает отвращение
    удивляет то что не ужели нельзя было раньше довести до ума боевку, Мое отношение к серии всегда
    отлично проработанный мир боевая система наконец то не вызывает отвращение
    удивляет то что не ужели нельзя было раньше довести до ума боевку,
    Мое отношение к серии всегда было скептическое, фанатам игры никогда не был многое в ней не нравилось.
    Данная часть действительно стала переосмыслением серии, это уже обсалютно новая игра которую можно поставить наравне с ведьмаком
  66. Oct 28, 2017
    И наконец вышел долгожданный Assassin's Creed: Origins.

Думали что Ubisoft выпустят очередную, уже заезжую игру? Не тут то было! А они взяли и выпустили один из лучших Ассасин Крид! Фанатов разработчики удивили сразу со старта игры, оптимизация, которую со старта продаж никто и никогда не видел в игре от Юбиков. Кто-то в компании подумал, что надо уже что-то менять и это к лучшему.
    И наконец вышел долгожданный Assassin's Creed: Origins.

Переработали боевку, теперь она не такая заскриптованная и прям таки чувствуется персонаж. Завезли РПГ составляющую, сюжет знатно заинтриговали, смена дня и ночи.

Игра, по сути, несколько повторяет небезызвестный The Witcher 3, который мне ну очень понравился.
    Купил и нисколько не пожалел!
  67. Oct 30, 2017
    + keine Abstürtze oder Bugs
    + das Kampfsystem ist fordernd

Insgesamt 10/10 Punkte
  68. Nov 4, 2017
    The game is great. I didn't see any glitches or issues on my Xbox so I don't know what all these people who are giving the game zero scores! They should poste under the pc version if their complains are true. Also. Micros transactions are totally optional.. I'm getting all what I need by just playing more without paying extra money. Anyway, the game is excellent. Great story ..The game is great. I didn't see any glitches or issues on my Xbox so I don't know what all these people who are giving the game zero scores! They should poste under the pc version if their complains are true. Also. Micros transactions are totally optional.. I'm getting all what I need by just playing more without paying extra money. Anyway, the game is excellent. Great story .. Exceptionally beautiful world.. challenging but nice combat style.. sides quests are fun and have meaningful stories. I played at least 25 hours and for sure I'll exceed 50 at least.. it's huge and really fun Expand
  69. Nov 8, 2017
    First off I just want to address the complaints everyone is having with microtransactions. First of all, it is not an online game so if you don't want to buy it you don't have to and other players buying it will not affect you. They are meant to make the grindy parts of the game less grindy and I don't see a problem with that. SECONDLY, pretty much EVERYTHING that can be bought with HelixFirst off I just want to address the complaints everyone is having with microtransactions. First of all, it is not an online game so if you don't want to buy it you don't have to and other players buying it will not affect you. They are meant to make the grindy parts of the game less grindy and I don't see a problem with that. SECONDLY, pretty much EVERYTHING that can be bought with Helix Credits (premium currency) can also be retrieved in game via alternate ways (most Helix Credit items can be obtained through the wandering Nomad's daily quests and Heka chests.)

Got the Gold Steelbook Edition and I am loving the game so far. The sheer vastness of the world amazes me. I've been playing for at least 15+ hours, already at level 17, and have explored MAYBE 3 of the 15+ zones. I love Senu the eagle and his scouting abilities really make the game more enjoyable, especially that he is ALWAYS above so it isn't like the drone in Wildlands that has to be deployed from the player. I enjoy the fact that you can set your horse to follow the road and then still scout with Senu during that time. I'm a big fan of ranged combat so I love that there are like 5 different styles of bows that all do different things (Warrior: shoot 5 arrows at once, Predator: better for sniping, Light: can rapid fire shoot, etc.)
    Another cool feature is the upgrade system from the Blacksmith, which allows you to take a low level item you have out-leveled and upgrade it to your current level.

Only just started using Photo Mode but it is awesome and I've seen other players take really awesome photos, which you can edit and use filters on, plus then they appear as a small blip on the world map for other players to see.

So far I have encountered pretty much no bugs/glitches other than some very minor clipping with my shield and cloak, etc.
    The only negatives I've experienced so far are:
    - I often seem to get stuck on walls a lot. I wish I could just press B and I would completely detach from the wall, but instead you have to hold down+B and gradually go down the wall via ledges.
    - With the Avenge quests (where you find another player's dead body and can start a quest to kill whoever killed them). Sometimes the location of the killer is like in a completely different map than where the dead body is. I guess this may often be because the player was killed by someone traveling via horse but it is still annoying.
    -This is mostly my fault because I like to mostly completely explore a zone before moving on, but I seem to be leveling up WAY too fast. I had to switch the difficulty to hard just to maintain a challenge. I'm about level 17 and the current Main Quest I am on is like level 10.
  70. Jan 3, 2018
    Definitely my Game Of The Year 2017. Stays on par with Black Flag, with far larger and more detailed world, near perfect multi-layered side quests, decent and definitely engaging story and one of the best and most natural stealth systems. Seems like slasher style would be a bit tough sometimes, but playing an Egyptian thief/assassin is one of the best stealth experiences I've had.Definitely my Game Of The Year 2017. Stays on par with Black Flag, with far larger and more detailed world, near perfect multi-layered side quests, decent and definitely engaging story and one of the best and most natural stealth systems. Seems like slasher style would be a bit tough sometimes, but playing an Egyptian thief/assassin is one of the best stealth experiences I've had. Historical aspect made me applaude every time a new historical figure had arrived on a scene, since I love that period so much. Please let that team make all Assassin's Creed games, and it will be a title to wait for, as TES or GTA. Expand
  71. Dec 13, 2017
    +40 hours or so and still loving it. Story is set before the rise of Assassins and Templars, we get so see some interesting why's and maybe's. Immersive, interesting and gripping by far. Map is huge, lots and lots to do and discover and loads of side quests. Haven't seen any real bugs, except the creepy crawling ones inside pyramids of course. Timesavers is a great option for those of us+40 hours or so and still loving it. Story is set before the rise of Assassins and Templars, we get so see some interesting why's and maybe's. Immersive, interesting and gripping by far. Map is huge, lots and lots to do and discover and loads of side quests. Haven't seen any real bugs, except the creepy crawling ones inside pyramids of course. Timesavers is a great option for those of us who don't have time or patience to find and grind ourselves. Some of the boss fights are thrilling, most fights feels balanced and entertaining but a few stands out as nerve-wrecking. I love the variety when it comes to weapons and equipment as well as maps, puzzles and dungeons. I used to think Black Flag was the most fun I ever had in AC but maybe, just maybe Origin stole that position. I've completed 47% of the game and I haven't even started playing in the krokodilopolis arena and the hippodrome yet. I've had too much fun skulking about Memphis. Expand
  72. Dec 17, 2017
    El mejor juego de 2017 sin lugar a dudas. En Xbox One X se ve de maravilla. Es fluido, con buena jugabilidad y el mundo egipcio esta recreado de manera increíble.
    Llevo mas de 38 horas de juego y voy por el 49% de cumplimiento de la campaña. Hay cientos de misiones secundarias y muy variadas.
    Si te gustan los mundos abiertos esta al nivel de GTA 5, y graficamente es superior. Este es
    Este es el mejor Assassins Creed hasta la fecha.
    Un 10 para Ubisoft y Assassins Creed Origins.
    Must have !!!
  73. Dec 12, 2017
    I've played almost every single Assassin's Creed game (Skipped Syndicate) and have been a long time fan since the beginning. Although Unity was a huge disappointment, this is them most complete, fluent, and content filled world that Ubisoft has made and it is safe to say that this game is excellent. The graphics are absolutely superb, the combat is intense and rewarding, and the music andI've played almost every single Assassin's Creed game (Skipped Syndicate) and have been a long time fan since the beginning. Although Unity was a huge disappointment, this is them most complete, fluent, and content filled world that Ubisoft has made and it is safe to say that this game is excellent. The graphics are absolutely superb, the combat is intense and rewarding, and the music and new additions such as your pet eagle are just amazing. THE MAP IS MASSIVE and I can see myself playing this game for at least 100 hours with all the content. Strap yourself in and transport yourself to Egypt... MY ONLY COMPLAINT about this game however is the lack of a fluent cover system. Without this, it makes stealth more difficult as you're never quite sure how well you're hidden. Aside from that, pick this game up. Expand
  74. Jan 18, 2018
    I give a 10 to this game because it is beautiful, gorgeous graphically amazing. So much details everywhere you turn your eyes. It is a real masterpiece even better than Witcher 3. Thank's Ubisoft to have deliver a so great games giving me the feeling to walk in Cleopatra universe.
  75. Nov 9, 2017
    Este Origins mejora mucho respecto a los anteriores Syndicate y Unity.el juego esta mucho mas pulido y nos brindan una ambientación magnifica como es la antigua egipto con Bayek como protagonista el cual me ha parecido un personaje magnifico , algunas cosas a destacar son la buena historia , la mejora de las misiones secundarias , el mapeado (muchisimas cosas que hacer) la brutalEste Origins mejora mucho respecto a los anteriores Syndicate y Unity.el juego esta mucho mas pulido y nos brindan una ambientación magnifica como es la antigua egipto con Bayek como protagonista el cual me ha parecido un personaje magnifico , algunas cosas a destacar son la buena historia , la mejora de las misiones secundarias , el mapeado (muchisimas cosas que hacer) la brutal recreación de Egipto o lo bien hecho que están los personajes.en resumen este AC es el mas completo y ambicioso de la saga al nivel de los mejores.Nos dara muchisimas horas de juego a un gran nivel de calidad, totalmente recomendable. Expand
  76. Jan 5, 2018
    Listen to what we've been telling you for the past 7 years. Flaming swords? Flaming horses? Come on Ubisoft, you're not even trying. This game isn't even worthy of the Assassin's Creed name. I don't even feel like an assassin. I feel like I'm playing The Witcher III in an Egypt setting.

Try harder next time. Come up with your own format instead of blatantly trying to copy a different game. If I wanted to play TW3 I'd play it.

Thank heavens I got this piece of crap on sale, otherwise you bet your bottom dollar I'd be doing a charge back.
  77. Nov 3, 2017
    This game is by far the best iteration of AC since AC2. It is visually stunning, gameplay recieved multiple upgrades, it has a strong story, and the new RPG leveling up system is the most enjoyable upgrade system to date. The story can at times be a little cliche, but it's still strong and plays well into the incredibly historically accurate setting that they created for gamers. I couldThis game is by far the best iteration of AC since AC2. It is visually stunning, gameplay recieved multiple upgrades, it has a strong story, and the new RPG leveling up system is the most enjoyable upgrade system to date. The story can at times be a little cliche, but it's still strong and plays well into the incredibly historically accurate setting that they created for gamers. I could not recommend this game more. Expand
  78. Nov 4, 2017
    Well, thanks to everyone who provided a review. I will not be buying this game after reading about microtransactions and dlc (day1) and not bothering with polishing bugs. -1 customer
  79. Oct 30, 2017
    Не пожалел денег, что купил эту игру. Origins действительно отличается от предыдущих частей в лучшую сторону. RPG вообще не ощущается, будто бы немного переработали интерфейс предыдущих частей, плюс или минус, решайте сами. Графика в игре шикарна, конечно, в пустыне может какой-либо камушек будет замылен, но текстуры в городах и прорисовка персонажей шикарна. Было изменено управление и этоНе пожалел денег, что купил эту игру. Origins действительно отличается от предыдущих частей в лучшую сторону. RPG вообще не ощущается, будто бы немного переработали интерфейс предыдущих частей, плюс или минус, решайте сами. Графика в игре шикарна, конечно, в пустыне может какой-либо камушек будет замылен, но текстуры в городах и прорисовка персонажей шикарна. Было изменено управление и это гораздо удобнее, чем в предыдущих частях, наконец-то можно регулировать скорость бега и ходьбы стиком, не нажимая на RT для бега. Сюжет 10/10. Все как и первом ассасине, у вас есть несколько целей, которые вы должны будете устранить, каждую цель вы убиваете по разному и это не надоедает. Порадовала кастомизация персонажа. Конечно нельзя изменять вид отдельных элементов одежды, но у каждого торговца костюмы резко отличаются друг от друга, из-за чего персонажа можно одеть как ты хочешь. Враги уже не дауничи и не нападают по одному, а как шакалы толпой лезут.
    В общем игра топ!
  80. Nov 4, 2017
    ive enjoyed ghe game play so far, combat better than expected thought it would take longer to get use, enjoyable side missions, eygpt looks amazing, possibly best assassins creed
  81. Nov 23, 2017
    It's another Ubisoft sandbox for better or worse. It's pretty, packed with content and fun for the most part but ultimately quite forgettable. They at the very least tried to make the game feel like a sequel rather than a re-skinned expansion like what Syndicate was.

The RPG leveling system they introduced however is absolute piss. You can't just rush trough the main story if you want to because there are occasionally really large annoying level gaps between missions meaning you have to GRIND for XP by doing side missions. Even if you think you're good enough at the game to overcome these odds, the enemies just become immortal if they're too high level for you. You can't even assassinate them and the whole system just breaks your immersion.

Grab it when it's on sale. It's a nice little time waster but not much beyond that.
  82. Dec 26, 2017
    Beautiful game (must look incredible on X1X), mostly interesting plot line, massive open world, some interesting areas to explore, enjoyable for 30-40 hours. Though dropping 20 feet onto and driving a blade through an enemy's head is fun, if you try that on an enemy 3-4 levels higher than you, know that they were born with adamantine skulls. Even vultures a few levels above you will killBeautiful game (must look incredible on X1X), mostly interesting plot line, massive open world, some interesting areas to explore, enjoyable for 30-40 hours. Though dropping 20 feet onto and driving a blade through an enemy's head is fun, if you try that on an enemy 3-4 levels higher than you, know that they were born with adamantine skulls. Even vultures a few levels above you will kill you but you can survive a charge from a hippo if you have a couple of levels on him.
    AC:Origins is mostly fun but not as entertaining as AC:Black Flag from 2013. Worth $60 just for the number of hours of gameplay available but I highly doubt there's much replayability here.

Update: I finished the main story and kept playing my first character for a few more days (tried the new horde arena a few times too). Ultimately, i got bored with my first character and gave the game a retry with a new build. It became a bit too repetitive and my new character build did very little to change up the game. Keeping AC:Origins at a 7.
  83. Oct 31, 2017
    For an open world game to be so beautifully stunning is a rarity, the team at Ubisoft have been ambitious enough to reboot a gaming franchise that was starting to lose its grip. Assassins Creed Origins is by far, one addictive fun game that will make you come back even after 80+ hours playing it. The time setting is perfect, the combat is a breath of fresh air in AC, overall its worth buying.
  84. Nov 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is stellar, and I can't wait to see it enhanced on the Xbox One X. The bad up front. There is no Helix Credits suck. There is no compendium of historical facts and trivia. That aside, the only technical issues I have encountered on regular Xbox One are 1)there seems to be a framerate issue which (I think) is related to clouds of poison floating around dead bodies. Kill a ton of enemies with a poison blade, and you can get in a state where the game bogs down (too many particles, apparently). And 2) occasionally, when way out in the desert, you can see the seams between grid tiles (which disappear as you approach them). The controls are at least as smooth as Unity and Syndicate, if not more refined, and the new hit box combat system is actually rather forgiving (especially on horseback). There are a few sync points that seems to float in space, with no apparent way to actually reach or synchronize with them. The cities are not as 'alive' as that of Unity or Syndicate - they seem to maintain (roughly) the level of people that you see in the small towns. Otherwise, this is everything you could ask for in an Assassin's Creed game. Wreck diving is back, but without the instanced bubble of Black Flag. Sailing is back, but primarily on smaller boats reminiscent of Ezio piloting a gondola, but faster and smoother. The hunting of AC3, although without the need for skinning (a minor detail that i think is actually a con - you just magically loot carcasses). Animal interactions are fantastic - kill something and watch the vultures come (who you can then kill), animals fight each other (both the same and different species), etc. The scenery is of course beautiful. The interaction between main characters is usually convincing. There is a plotline reminiscent of Ezio hunting down those who betrayed his family, but different enough that it doesn't seem like a rehash. Pacing is good, progression is great if you spend a little time collecting materials for crafting (over leveling a bit goes a LONG way). The absence of the minimap is not at all a hindrance, and the replacement is far better. The RPG-style leveling, crafting, and weapon variety is excellent and not cumbersome. Overall, the game is spectacular and the best in the series thus far. Expand
  85. Nov 1, 2017
    I am comfortable saying this is the best Assassins Creed game and would go on record saying to me, this is the best game I have ever played.
    I find it hard to believe that you can give this game a negative review. I have never played a game with the size and beauty this game has to offer. Sure there are still some weaknesses as every game has had but the strengths greatly outweigh those weaknesses. The game itself does not entirely feel like an assassin’s creed game. It feels like I am playing Witcher 3 with Assassin’s Creed mechanics, in terms of character and mission depth. The glaring weakness in this game is stealth. Seems like Ubisoft took a step backwards when it comes to stealth but then again, you must realize this character does not start off as a trained assassin who know how to operate stealthy. I have never felt anything repetitive in this game which has been a downfall for previous games. The looting is quicker, the customization is endless, and the ability tree helps regulate story and character flow.
  86. Nov 2, 2017
    I thought it would be something bad but no !!! This is the best part of the series after 2! Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the best open-world action games of this generation.
  87. Dec 2, 2017
    on nov 23rd i purchased assassins creed origins gold edition for the xbox one x...i paid 74 dollars for a game that i can't play longer than 10 or so minutes without the game crashing and freezing...this game is unplayable...i just got ripped off for a broken game!!!!!!!
  88. Dec 21, 2017
    This game is heavily underrated, a breath of fresh air for open world games. Originally I was not going to buy this game, thinking that it is just another Assassin's Creed game. I was completely wrong. This has become one of my favorite games and it is absolutely beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and I am hoping Ubisoft delivers more content with Bayek and fully utilizes the worldThis game is heavily underrated, a breath of fresh air for open world games. Originally I was not going to buy this game, thinking that it is just another Assassin's Creed game. I was completely wrong. This has become one of my favorite games and it is absolutely beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and I am hoping Ubisoft delivers more content with Bayek and fully utilizes the world that they have built. Expand
  89. Nov 5, 2017
    Что плохо: оптимизация, квесты, сюжет, микротранзакции. В общем плохо все, кроме пейзажей древнего Египта. Поэтому 2 бала, а не 1.
  90. Nov 5, 2017
    Wow wow wow. Have been a huge fan of this franchise since the first release in 2007 for Xbox 360. Have played no other versions since Black Flag because of mediocre reviews but now Origins has turned out to be the best instalment yet! Beautiful graphics & sound (have always loved the auditory ambience in this game) . Gameplay is fantastic & improved: horse/camel/chariot/boat riding isWow wow wow. Have been a huge fan of this franchise since the first release in 2007 for Xbox 360. Have played no other versions since Black Flag because of mediocre reviews but now Origins has turned out to be the best instalment yet! Beautiful graphics & sound (have always loved the auditory ambience in this game) . Gameplay is fantastic & improved: horse/camel/chariot/boat riding is effortless, climbing is quick & nimble, tracking quests is simple. I'm only about 5-7 hours in to the game but loved it right away. The only negative so far isn't really relevant: I've never been a fan of cut-scenes in any game & Assassin's Creed is famous for them. They don't seem to come quite as often as in previous versions & I'm sorry to say that I still skip most of them. Overall, well worth your $ and your time. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2017
  92. Mar 15, 2018
    Someone needs to remind Ubisoft that bigger/more ISN'T better. This game follows the same pattern as every ubisoft game ... a billion side quests with little to no relevance to the main quest and basically only 2 or 3 variations to these billion side quests. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. At least they didn't always use the same locations for all these questions like they did in Watch Dogs 2. BayekSomeone needs to remind Ubisoft that bigger/more ISN'T better. This game follows the same pattern as every ubisoft game ... a billion side quests with little to no relevance to the main quest and basically only 2 or 3 variations to these billion side quests. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. At least they didn't always use the same locations for all these questions like they did in Watch Dogs 2. Bayek as a main character was boring and I felt no emotional connection to him and the main story was so short. The entire game is based on its repetitive filler, the only reason I am even giving this game a 3 is because the combat is fun. MESSAGE TO UBISOFT: PLEASE TRY QUALITY QUESTS OVER QUANTITY Expand
  93. Oct 29, 2017
    Не зря потраченные деньги, отличное продолжение серии. Крутой орёл и Верблюдик ) А дождь из скарабеев в пустыне вообще нечто :D
    + огромный и живой игровой мир + интересная история + огромный выбор разнообразного оружия и доспехов + рпг элементы очень кстати + хорошая система прокачки - туповатые противники даже на высокой сложности - микротранзакции ( зачем они нужны притакой
    + огромный и живой игровой мир
    + интересная история
    + огромный выбор разнообразного оружия и доспехов
    + рпг элементы очень кстати
    + хорошая система прокачки
    - туповатые противники даже на высокой сложности
    - микротранзакции ( зачем они нужны притакой цене за игру непонятно )
  94. Nov 3, 2017
    Super fun game. I really like all things pew pew, so the fact that this game has kept me engaged is promising. I would give it a 9 except for a few glitches that annoyed me. Great game and probably the best single player game I've played all year.
  95. Nov 8, 2017
    The game is absolutely astonishing!!! It is just wonderful!!!! The view and panorama is sometime amazing! it's enjoyable for a long long long time, I still play with it, and I keep loving it. The new RPG style is great! The game is just better and better as you play it.
    I just love it! And I would recommend it even to my ennemies ;)
    I can't say more, it just kicks ass. Great job on
    I just love it! And I would recommend it even to my ennemies ;)
    I can't say more, it just kicks ass.
    Great job on this!! You got to try it.
  96. Nov 6, 2017
    scripted. there is a system in the game that when you die somebody can have a mission to avenge you... and it strange but sometime it feels like the game force you to die.
  97. Nov 4, 2017
    Metacritic has long since become a cesspool of user reviews. Anybody who wants to see an objective user score overview just needs to check Steam recommendations or Opencritic. This here is a joke.
  98. Nov 15, 2017
    I normally hate assassins creed games (other than AC 2 which I did enjoy at the time) and vowed never to buy one again, but I just got my XB1X and I wanted to see how a modern 4K HDR game looks on my 75 inch Visio P-Series TV. I gotta say the game looks absolutely amazing. That is the primary reason I am still playing (about half way through now) although it is starting to get prettyI normally hate assassins creed games (other than AC 2 which I did enjoy at the time) and vowed never to buy one again, but I just got my XB1X and I wanted to see how a modern 4K HDR game looks on my 75 inch Visio P-Series TV. I gotta say the game looks absolutely amazing. That is the primary reason I am still playing (about half way through now) although it is starting to get pretty repetitive as usual with these games. Really I'm mostly just enjoying seeing the sites in Egypt.

Also, I'm glad they made the combat harder as well: near impossible to just take on 10 enemies on a frontal assault now, usually 3 is enough to cause some difficulty (playing on Hard setting).

But overall it is still a AC game at its core, which I think is hard to really get immersed in due to the annoying "desynched" mechanic and modern world aspects. The devs here should just dump that old plotline and just go for an immersive RPG game in a historical setting without all the sci-fi modern day crap it just brings me out of the immersion. Until they do that this WILL be my last Assassins Creed game, unless they come out with 8K TVs that I want to test out...
  99. Dec 28, 2017
    The menu is navigated with a cursor (on console). Its beyond me how many people would have tested this, used this, and created this, all of whom should have stressed how obviously difficult this is. It should have never been implemented and should have been removed as soon as it was. This is a relativity small aspect, but is a constant pain throughout, and is so blatantly incompetent thatThe menu is navigated with a cursor (on console). Its beyond me how many people would have tested this, used this, and created this, all of whom should have stressed how obviously difficult this is. It should have never been implemented and should have been removed as soon as it was. This is a relativity small aspect, but is a constant pain throughout, and is so blatantly incompetent that for a AAA game and large production co. as Ubisoft, it would be absurd to condone this in any way. Expand
  100. Mar 18, 2018
    It's fine. Could be better, could be worse. I wish the frame rate was 60 fps like MGS5, but other than that it's okay. The Ezio ACs were the best in the series, after that the AC games have been mostly coasting. They've played down the Animus story line, a step in the right direction. Ubisoft, time for some innovation and 60 fps on consoles, please.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2018
    For me Origins is the best game in the series, a beginning of a new era for the long-running franchise. I was awestruck by how huge, varied and believable its world is and how dense it is with all sorts of appealing activities. I welcomed the completely redesigned combat system, which bids farewell to the old “press X to win” feature. Apart from various glitches and technical issues (often resulting from game’s complexity) my only serious charge against Origins is that it sets up its story poorly and fails to keep it tight. [13/2017, p.68]
  2. Dec 13, 2017
    Origins provides a much-needed change in direction for the Assassin’s Creed franchise. The range of new action-RPG elements isn’t especially innovative but they do more than enough to make the previously tired gameplay feel fresh and engaging. The world is beautiful and dense, the characters are interesting, and the story offers enough mystery and intrigue to keep players coming back before it sadly ends far too quickly. Assassin’s Creed Origins isn’t perfect, but it points to a long and healthy future for the series.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 12, 2017
    Egypt and star Bayek make this a promising forebear to a new age of Creed.