5.9

1. Aug 23, 2020
    Pretty fun and intense indie game. A bit difficult with no difficulty adjustment but I would definitely recommend it.
  2. Jun 23, 2020
    This game it's hard and I love that, you have to git GUD at it or you won't make it far... Love this game!
  3. Jan 7, 2020
    Great game, sorta, but has been abandoned by the devs. This version does not have ANY of the character balance changes, they tweaked weapon damage, recharge rate and multiple other things to balance the characters and score multipliers. This version also does NOT have Campaign+ which is a rework and harder mode for all the levels. Its Missing the extra character costumes and the 'Dark' (orGreat game, sorta, but has been abandoned by the devs. This version does not have ANY of the character balance changes, they tweaked weapon damage, recharge rate and multiple other things to balance the characters and score multipliers. This version also does NOT have Campaign+ which is a rework and harder mode for all the levels. Its Missing the extra character costumes and the 'Dark' (or hard mode) version of all the Bosses. They gave Switch and PC all the updates and left Xbox/ps4 in the dust to be abandonware. Shame on them and honestly disappointing, Its a great little game but knowing that its a shell of what it can be makes it a utterly sour experience.

Get it on switch or PC if you desire, but stay away from this. It functions fine no game breaking bugs or anything. just Stagnated in its old version, apparently never to be updated with the fixes they knew they needed to make.
  4. Aug 12, 2019
    I actually thought id like this game having played some older similar arcade titles.I may of judged it way to early but it failed to deliver the way i expected it to. Ill probably have to give it another try at some point and edit this review.
  5. Aug 23, 2018
    This game is absolutely fantastic. I definitely did not expect to like it as much as I did but it was awesome! The characters are all unique and fun, the enemies are cool and interesting, and most of all this game is challenging but completely fair. I really felt like with skill, I could come out on top pretty much every time. Too many times these games have just an absurd amount ofThis game is absolutely fantastic. I definitely did not expect to like it as much as I did but it was awesome! The characters are all unique and fun, the enemies are cool and interesting, and most of all this game is challenging but completely fair. I really felt like with skill, I could come out on top pretty much every time. Too many times these games have just an absurd amount of randomness that makes it feel incredibly cheap but you won't really find that here. I adore this game and can't wait to see what Witchbeam comes up with next. The developer commentary was awesome too! Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2018
    Very fun twin-stick shooter with lots of variety in enemies, bosses, and weapons. Smooth and colorful. Extremely easy to re-do (or restart) a level with a new character/weapon to try to “ace” a level or simply beat a friend’s score. Nice game and one the best I’ve ever played in the genre.
  7. Jan 2, 2018
    I absolutely adore twin-stick shooters and I’ve had many memorable experiences over the years with plenty of different game’s in the genre. Thankfully Assault Android Cactus can be included in these memorable experiences, and I would even go as far to say that this game is one the best twin-stick shooters I’ve ever played. The gameplay makes the game stand out in a big way and every littleI absolutely adore twin-stick shooters and I’ve had many memorable experiences over the years with plenty of different game’s in the genre. Thankfully Assault Android Cactus can be included in these memorable experiences, and I would even go as far to say that this game is one the best twin-stick shooters I’ve ever played. The gameplay makes the game stand out in a big way and every little mechanic is flawless and very enjoyable, which is great. The amount of variety the game gives you is fantastic and the variety is especially shown in the weapons and enemies. Each weapon plays and feels different and the enemies are all unique and this in turn keeps things fresh and interesting throughout. If you like a challenge then this game will give you plenty of that. The boss battles are the epitome of challenging and they’re something I really enjoyed, but I will say that some people might find the bosses a little too difficult. When it comes to replay value the game has plenty and without a doubt you will sink a lot of hours into the game because each different mode keeps you satisfied. One thing that surprised me about the game was the story. The story in the game is absolutely brilliant and the added humour is actually funny and it makes the many characters in the game to have a lot of charm and in the end you fall in love with them. The presentation side of the game is one of my favourite parts about the game because once again everything is flawless. Visually the art style is charming and fits the gameplay to perfection, and the accompanying soundtrack is great to listen to and the best thing is that it never gets on your nerves. At the end of the day to say that Assault Android Cactus gave me a huge amount of enjoyment would be a massive understatement because this game is without a doubt one of the best twin-stick shooters available. It’s managed to get everything spot on and fans of this particular genre will love and become addicted to this game instantly. It goes without saying that this game gets a massive recommendation from me and I urge people to get the game immediately. Collapse
  8. Jan 2, 2018

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 16, 2017
    AAC is a great game visually and playability wise, smooth and enjoyable but also filled with signs of frustration. If you’re a fan of these types of games you will have a ball, if you’re not then you may find a controller embedded in your T.V. set quicker than you think.
  2. Dec 14, 2017
    Lots of personality, android girls looking like cute super-deformed action dolls (you can opt for normal-sized heads too via Ex Options), mad action, smooth and fast gameplay and groovy soundtrack. These are the delectable ingredients for Assault Android Cactus’s tasty cocktail, with only sometimes samey level design adding a tad of sour savor to the mix. Even my brother, who’s usually useless in twin-stick shooters, liked the gameplay here and was actually a big help in demolishing the enemies onboard Genki Star. It goes on to show the game is catered for many kinds of players, all finding their favorite androids to fit their natural skills. Assault Android Cactus sucks you into its crazed action until your eyes start to water and fingers cramp.
  3. Dec 4, 2017
    In the end, Assault Android Cactus didn’t meet my expectations; it exceeded them. The five zones that are offered grant a unique experience with each level and boss you face. Some of the bosses can be a bit overwhelming at first, but even with the different attacks they have, the variety of android heroes available to play as assures the player that there is something for every encounter. The different modes that are offered ensure that there is something more for the player to do after the main story has been completed and for a true competition, the game offers the challenge of earning a S+ rank on every level, requiring the player to complete every level without ever letting their combo end. Good luck on that one.