8.3

1. Oct 19, 2016
    The frame rate is super distracting (sub 30fps) and stutters all the time these are great games but these remasters are very disappointing I would have preferred a straight port at 60fps or backwards compatibility
  2. Feb 16, 2020
    First game(s) I ever played that give me headaches & eye pain. Played & still play the originals to death but these remakes are so badly made that their remastered graphics give me literal eye pain & head aches. Bloom is too high, shadows are too dark & lights are too bright. Even when playing in a well lit room & setting TV brightness lower game(s) still cause me head/eye pain. I'veFirst game(s) I ever played that give me headaches & eye pain. Played & still play the originals to death but these remakes are so badly made that their remastered graphics give me literal eye pain & head aches. Bloom is too high, shadows are too dark & lights are too bright. Even when playing in a well lit room & setting TV brightness lower game(s) still cause me head/eye pain. I've been playing games for over 25 years. I've never had a game where every time I play it I get a headache until now.

Asylum is the worst. Going in & out of detective mode gives you a very bright white flash. It was never this bright in the original. I have to close my eyes every time I turn detective mode on or off because it's so bad.

Arkham City is better, but it still hurts my head to look at. The bloom on neon signs & fire effects is set so high that having them on screen gives me eye pain.

Both games suffer from severe lighting/shading problems that just hurt my eyes to look at. I dunno why it causes me eye pain & head aches but they just do. I can still play the originals on PC with no problems or the 360 versions which I own as well, but playing these remasters is like looking at the sun during a solar eclipse. It's beautiful but keep staring & you'll go blind.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 4, 2016
    IF you're really itching to return to Arkham, it might be better to fire up your Xbox 360. [Christmas 2016, p.78]
  2. Nov 16, 2016
    Arkham City is the better of the two games on offer here, but both games are wonderful to play-through for nostalgic reasons. However, if you’ve never played either of them before, you owe it to yourself to do so now.
  3. Oct 28, 2016
    The chuggy frame rate (particularly in in Arkham Asylum) is disappointing but it won’t ruin your enjoyment of either game.