6.3

1. Apr 21, 2017
    This Xbox One version is a pretty damn good port of the original PC sim. Controls actually work really good considering keyboard and mouse is now out of the equation. The only real con I have so far is the graphics can get a little "fuzzy" and there is the occasional framerate stutter. It's too bad none of the DLC is included and I hope it becomes available soon. Consoles definitely lackThis Xbox One version is a pretty damn good port of the original PC sim. Controls actually work really good considering keyboard and mouse is now out of the equation. The only real con I have so far is the graphics can get a little "fuzzy" and there is the occasional framerate stutter. It's too bad none of the DLC is included and I hope it becomes available soon. Consoles definitely lack in the building sim/management genre so Cities is a welcome addition to my library even though I already I have the PC/Steam version. 8.5/10 Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2017
    Cities: Skylines is simply put one of the greatest city building sims ever created and also one of the most additive games I have ever played.
    The game is simple in its premise. You are the owner of a plot of land and you must turn it into a city that people want to live and work in. Sounds simple and maybe even boring to some but it really is one of the best games in its genre.
    You
    You start the game with a large sum of money and a single motorway heading towards your land. First thing you must do is build a power plant and water towers, then start building some houses with a good road system to boot. Then slowly add some commercial and finally some Industry. As the game goes on you unlock new buildings like schools, hospitals, fire stations and so on.
    The game is pretty much the spiritual successor to the Sim City series. However, while the EA owned Sims City games have gradually gotten worse and dumbed down, this game is not.
    Graphically the game is okay but not outstanding which I can only guess is to help the game run smoothly as possible when the map gets full.
    The sound is pretty good with some excellent music.
    One thing I am not a big fan of is the locked content. For example, you need to have 500 people in your town before you can build a school. Some items require you to have at least 75,000 people in your city to unlock them. That being said, it never ruins the game and some things like hospitals can’t really be built at the start anyway because of your small budget.
    So, to sum it up. If you have played a Sim City game in the past then this game is perfect for you. I highly recommend this game.

Gameplay:-15/20
    Graphics:-14/20
    Sound:-17/20
    Value for Money:-19/20
    Replay Value:-20/20
    (85/100) A hidden gem.
  3. Apr 21, 2017
    The amount of effort put in the controls to make this work on console is great it all feels natural and the framerate and performance is solid. This is the best simulation game ever to arrive on console(s) and deserves your full support :)
  4. Jan 2, 2018
    Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 6
  5. May 10, 2017
    First off, excellent interface. No trouble with building, and incredibly flexible for this type of game on a console. Lacks some of the finer policy controls, and feels a bit limited on that side of the game. I do wish a bit more happened, but overall, an excellent city builder. If you liked the old school sim city, you will be happy with this.
  6. Sep 28, 2018
  7. Jun 5, 2017
    Amazing game. Plays very well on console. Game speed is also now adjustable on Xbox One. If they added multiplayer I would give the game a 10. Other than that, the game has been flawless after 50+ hours of gameplay.
  8. Sep 8, 2017
    When it works it is a good, fun, city builders. The controls and every thing are surprising good but those darn glitches and game breaking glitches are ridicoulous. I would recommend to buy on sail, $29 and below.
  9. Oct 23, 2017
    this is a very addicting game, if you like the original Sim City game then you will enjoy this game. it is a little slow to get started but speeds up very quickly. the game has different speeds where you can speed up time and slow it down, even lets you stop time all together while you make upgrades to your city. if you like simulation building games or strategic games then this is athis is a very addicting game, if you like the original Sim City game then you will enjoy this game. it is a little slow to get started but speeds up very quickly. the game has different speeds where you can speed up time and slow it down, even lets you stop time all together while you make upgrades to your city. if you like simulation building games or strategic games then this is a wonderful choice. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2019
    Very fun very addictive city building game that's one of those games you could just waste a whole day in with out even thinking about it.
  11. Apr 28, 2020
    На удивление, с первого раза построил нормальный и большой город. Единственная проблема - пробки. Либо всё перестраивай, либо терпи. По-другому никак :)
  12. Aug 16, 2019
    It's good. I've seen videos on YouTube of the PC edition and I like a lot of what I see there. The Xbox one edition is good. And I'd rate it higher if we got more preloaded highway interchange options like PC has on steam.
  13. Nov 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Digital downloads are way expensive as compared to physical copy. It doesn't add up hiking the price of a one-time, non-refundable, not for sale item relative to the other side of the roadway. It's in no doubt one of the best strategy and simulation game. But the problem has always been with the piricing especially the digital traffic. Expand
  14. Nov 10, 2019
    Cities: Skylines to z pewnością najlepszy city-builder dostępny na konsolach i na rynku.
  15. Dec 27, 2019
    This game is truly fantastic for those who like this genre of game, but it's a shame that it's much worse than the PC variant, which allows mod support. That version of the game is incredible.
  16. Oct 21, 2020
    In hindsight, I probably should have bought the PC version since playing with an Xbox controller is somewhat cumbersome. Oh well.

Overall, I'm impressed with a lot of the detail CS has. But with time, certain patterns emerge and you realize what's missing. Laying plumbing and electricity feels tedious and redundant after the first hour of playing time. So do some of the challenges

Laying plumbing and electricity feels tedious and redundant after the first hour of playing time. So do some of the challenges for unique buildings. Not sure why I need to fill 7 cemeteries or whatever to win a new type of theater. That feels random and poorly designed from a gamification standpoint.

Maybe I'm playing the wrong game but I do wish there was a political aspect. Citizen happiness is way too easy to achieve (I almost never think about it) and tax revenue, after the city reaches a couple thousand people, is also too easy. So once the city reaches a certain size, I'm really just managing traffic & garbage collection issues.

When I think about all the problems pervasive in today's cities: housing prices, homelessness, violence, climate change, CS is simply too easy. The game feels more like a creative tool for you to (slowly) build a fantasy city, not face any sort of semi-realistic challenge of running a city.

Lastly, I only have the basic version but the expansion packs feel awfully pricey. My rating for the game would likely be much higher if those were included by default.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 4, 2017
    For anyone who's looking to experience Cities Skylines and doesn't have access to a PC, this is the version to purchase. It's a thoroughly enjoyable game that really captures the old-school simulator catharsis. It's very addictive and with promises of more patches and potential for more DLC, it's probably going to be the long term leader of the city building genre on consoles for a long time to come. Heartily recommended to all who are interested!
  2. Aug 1, 2017
    Make no mistake: Cities: Skylines is still pretty fun. It's deep enough so that people who thrive on depth and complexity will find more than enough to sink their teeth into, while the more shallow among us (i.e. people like me) who just want to build huge megalopolises without putting too much though into it can do that too.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jun 18, 2017
    Accept its slow pace, and Cities: Skylines will reveal depth and drama you couldn't plan. [July 2017, p.90]