7.7

1. Feb 13, 2015
    Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions simply adds a third dimension to the play-field that is usually flat. Throw in a few extras and a level progression section that requires players to perform well to see it through, and the Xbox Live integration, and you've got an improved Geometry Wars. If you've never played before, it's basically Asteroids meets Tron arcade survival game, and it could be aGeometry Wars 3: Dimensions simply adds a third dimension to the play-field that is usually flat. Throw in a few extras and a level progression section that requires players to perform well to see it through, and the Xbox Live integration, and you've got an improved Geometry Wars. If you've never played before, it's basically Asteroids meets Tron arcade survival game, and it could be a "10" experience for you. Since I've owned the first Geometry Wars and played the second a bit, I'm not as blown away by the third game. That doesn't make it underwhelming, I just don't have the same wow-factor response as others might. While it's usually $15, I managed to snag it for $10 on sale via Xbox Live Deals with Gold, great value for the purchase. Expand
  2. Feb 23, 2015
    Geometry wars 3 is extremely fun and challenging. But those returning from Geometry wars 2 may find the new content lacking with only adventure mode a new feature.
  3. Dec 23, 2014
    I think this is one of those games you have to be a fan of the franchise to enjoy. If your not a fan of the franchise you will probably find this game to be very bland. It just doesn't seem to have much to keep you playing.

I think this game would of had much more mass appeal if it allowed you to set the , difficulty, randomized the music, and it let you play each of it's challenge's without beating them in a set order. As it is however, the game will probably be just challenging enough to get you to put it down before beating 5 "levels".

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Feb 15, 2015
    A respectable attempt at adding variety to a modern classic, but one that fails to meet the lofty standards of its ancestors, though there's still fun to be had. [Issue#119, p.79]
  2. Jan 26, 2015
    The perfect arcade game, an adrenalinic and brutally challenging experience that will keep you glued to your joypad. For the more determined and capable players.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jan 24, 2015
    Feature bloat strips this of its purity, and in parts it's unwieldy and unsatisfying. But find a challenge that sparks your imagination, and you'll become surgically attached to the controller. [Feb 2015, p.75]