- Summary: Peace has been devastated as colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. What's more, when humanity's greatest hero goes missing, a new Spartan is assigned the task of hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the whole of the galaxy.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Halo 5: Guardians - The Making of "Raid on Apex 7" Warzone Map Reveal
Autoplay On Off
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Dec 3, 2015Developers from 343 Industries have finally caught the right way and with the fifth part they fixed the mistakes which they made in the previous installment. So they provide the players with an absolutely perfect and catchy campaign. [Issue#258]
Games Master UKDec 1, 2015Although the story feels less of an event, Halo 4's campaign is a thoroughly satisfying spectacle. [Dec 2015, p.64]
GameTrailersOct 27, 2015Halo 5: Guardians is a massive game that we intend to keep playing for the foreseeable future. There are parts that let us down, particularly the story, but it’s hard to feel too stung when there’s just so much fun to be had. Halo 5 has a lot to prove and it seems fully capable of doing just that. It’s a pleasure seeing the series in top form once again.
Oct 28, 2015With so much at stake, Halo 5 needed to be a new perfection of old triumphs, or a landscape-altering revolution. In terms of its campaign it falls short of both of these ideals. Online, however, 343 has taken more significant risks, of the sort that first convinced Apple and Microsoft to place bets on the series. Warzone, in particular, is a kind of bold design that we almost never see in expensive FPS game-making any more.
Dec 26, 2015he story does that annoying thing of finishing on a cliffhanger like Halo 2 did. Maybe this is the fate of the middle game in each Halohe story does that annoying thing of finishing on a cliffhanger like Halo 2 did. Maybe this is the fate of the middle game in each Halo trilogy?
But overall I enjoyed it. gameplay was smooth, nice new movement features, and nice visuals. The Warden Boss fight got a little repetitive but apart from that nothing jumps out as being a negative for me.
Multipalyer is a treat though, Warzone is a great addition and you now have the choice of scale with your multiplayer experience.
I'm looking forward to playing a lot more multiplayer and getting through the campaign on Legendary and Heroic.… Expand
Oct 30, 2015Halo 5 is a pure Halo 5, with all what we loved about it.
The story become more and more interesting, the gameplay is awesome, fun andHalo 5 is a pure Halo 5, with all what we loved about it.
The story become more and more interesting, the gameplay is awesome, fun and exigent.
Only Locke is a none interesting character...
The campain has a lot of epic moments, and large scales battle.
The multiplayer is like the golden age of Halo 3!!!!
Arena mode is exigent and requiered skills while Warzone is just an awesome epic and fun game.
Graphicaly I would appreciate better, but I think they did what they could with the bad hardware of the Xbox One (same things for the ps4 which is also bad).
Bad reviews are probably from pro-sony media/"players"… Expand
Oct 27, 2015So Fun, Smooth & Tight. Halo 5 is a masterpiece in design and execution. Moving and gunning mechanics are top-notch, Warzone is superSo Fun, Smooth & Tight. Halo 5 is a masterpiece in design and execution. Moving and gunning mechanics are top-notch, Warzone is super addictive & the campaign is riveting. Even the UI is slick…you can really tell that 343i put a ton of love into this one. I’m already looking forward to all of the post-launch support coming our way. This is hands down the best FPS I have ever played.… Expand
Mar 24, 2016now before I start I would like to give everybody an idea how much I love halo. I traded my PlayStation 3 for an xbox 360 just so that I couldnow before I start I would like to give everybody an idea how much I love halo. I traded my PlayStation 3 for an xbox 360 just so that I could get halo 3 I loved halo 3 its hands down one of the best games I have ever played no game will ever bring that level of fun ever again I remember it like it was just yesterday sitting around with my friends cracking out on halo 3 making gameplay videos and creating new game types and maps with forge and finishing the epic fight in the campaign! and then when reach came out dude life was gone I swere to god I didn't see daylight for at least 2 years! and then later we got halo 4 and I HATED IT! I thought the halo fun was only a memory but halo 5 looked promising as they wanted to make it feel like the older games and make some serious additions to multiplayer so I jumped back in for this halo. now first things first story mode. ok listen its not that halo 5 story mode is bad because its not its a solid shooter campaign with fun fast paced action. well its a little to fast as the game is only about 4 to 5 hours on average wtf! and also the games marketing crew wanted us to think that there was some fight against an old crazy master chief it sounded badass but there is nothing like that in the game instead without any reason they say chief is nuts and you playing as locke your mission is to capture chief and bring him back to a generic tron space looking building. the story is lame and it makes no sense at all. but playing the game co-op style with a friend should be more fun and the game is intended to be like that because Microsoft wants more money so they took out split screen multiplayer so that people have to buy multiple copys of the game along with multiple xbox one units this business decision is dirty and its strait wallet rape nobody should have to pay 1000$ to play halo 5 with there **** friends halo is a community expirence its always been about having a beer or smoking a bowl and playing halo with your best friends this is criminal and takes away any way for sentimental value with halo 5 like we had with halo 1 2 3 reach and even 4! so any ways single player has mixed reviews some people like some people don't so what about multiplayer. well multiplayer is a completely different story listen up people this just might be the best halo multiplayer ever its split up into 2 main modes arena and warzone now arena is all of the base modes halo is known for gamemodes like slayer, team snipers, big team battle, swat, capture the flag, assault and grifball all of witch play well and are super fun and it all comes with a great leveling system for every player I mostly play arena but if you want something really new and interesting warzone is the way to go its like a cross between strongholds and big team battle only it can go up to 30 players and you can spawn weapons vehicles and more you will have to work with your team to take over each massive map. now what I really like about halo 5 is the style of gameplay there are so many ways to get kills its gonna make your head spin you can Spartan charge into an enemy causing them to black out and die you can use one of the many guns including new ones like the plasma caster witch launches plasma grenades or the new overpowerd magnum or you can use ground slamming or you can throw a grenade in a mosh pit of people fighting and get a cluster luck kill were a bunch of people die at once from your 1 grenade these things are so satisfying and it makes halo fresh again making it a far superior shooter to most of the games on the market. another thing they did was bring forge back and its better then ever people have literally recreated classic maps like last resort and they look good you can build change and warp anything you want however you want I love the freedom this game offers! in conclusion halo 5 is dope the single player is sometimes good sometimes bad but its still cool for 1 playthrough just make sure you have xbox live gold so that you can play the multiplayer thos game will never hold up to the first 3 games but its the best halo sense halo 3 and that makes me happy I cant wait to see what they bring for halo 5 in the next few years until halo 6 comes out the final score is a very heavy 8 out of 10 its not perfect but its really fun and in the end that's why we play video games if you have an xbox one pick this one up.… Expand
Oct 29, 2015The worst Halo for me and cannot understand any publication giving this game 9/10 as this game is definitely not nearly perfect. I play HaloThe worst Halo for me and cannot understand any publication giving this game 9/10 as this game is definitely not nearly perfect. I play Halo for the story and its rich universe and this is the weakest entry yet. The plot is convoluted and you spend little time as the main character which is just bizarre. Graphics are just OK, as game contain low res textures, poor lighting and have seen lots of pop-in. Multiplayer is the games saving grace but warning to any new Halo players it is very competitive. The lack of local co-op is also very annoying as it has been a staple of my Halo experience for years. IF you buying Halo 5 for the campaign AVOID, if you are buying for multiplayer it maybe worth your time if you are very good at fps.… Expand
Nov 2, 2015This game is so broken and I have xbox uploads for evidence. It constantly glitches, teleports me in random spots of the map in campaign andThis game is so broken and I have xbox uploads for evidence. It constantly glitches, teleports me in random spots of the map in campaign and multi-player. The animations are broken on the character and enemies. When the enemies die they get frozen standing up or they slide across the map. A lot of content is not in the multi-player, it is really basic. Are telling its okay to pay for DLC that should already be in the game such as odd ball, king of the hill etc, which!!! is not in there? This is all because of fan boys the downfall of today's gamers and their I.Q.… Expand
Jun 26, 2018I'll share my ideas going in depth of what must be made in Halo 6 to fix Halo 5's story:
▪ Important things have to be shown in cutscenesI'll share my ideas going in depth of what must be made in Halo 6 to fix Halo 5's story:
▪ Important things have to be shown in cutscenes and not told from characters as exposition (flashbacks and flashforwards do exist you know! How the hell did Cortana turn evil?)
▪ In general: characters who have conflicts in the story have to get a juicy background to ensure fights deliver struggle.
▪ All the characters: not enough interaction through each other. The dialogue is pretty bad: most of it was just useless banter and rarely did any character say anything of actual importance that gave us an insight into their character. These characters are irrelevant to the story: Vale, Tanaka, Buck (although he adds fun lines), Fred, Linda, Kelly, the Arbiter (he's there to get Sanghelios free from the Covenant, but that doesn't have anything to do with the story ), the Covenant (what are they up to in the first mission? - they're on their last stronghold on Sunaion just to justify the Arbiter presence in the game), Prometheans and Warden (they're there just to be shot, they spawn a little time before a Guardian awakens and start killing people), Meridian people (I can't see why I should care about them), Lasky+Palmer are there just because the Infinity is the Osiris ship.
▪ Blue Team (Fred, Kelly and Linda): Characters have to be introduced IN THE GAME, I just played another Halo chronological marathon to try understand Halo 5 only with the information held in the games - because playing the games without reading the expanded material is what most of the fans do - but it is actually impossible. I know who they are and I love them because I read "Fall of Reach" but a fan who didn't read it doesn't know anything about their awesomeness and will never love them as me!
▪ Vale and Tanaka: you need to show more of them, why did they decide to become spartans? What are their motivations? We just know Vale knows a lot about Elites and Tanaka is a technician, nothing more.
▪ Jul'mdama: What was he doing in the 1st mission? What should players know about him if they didn'play Spartan Ops? what about the Janus Key?
▪ Locke: he's been introduced in "Nightfall" (I saw it), he had to be introduced in the game, and his fighting and stealth skills too! In Nightfall we can see he is an ONI agent who is sent in the most dangerous missions but in Halo 5 he looks empty, he rarely talks to the other characters (as almost every character) so you can't learn anything about him or his relationship with the other characters, and in every fight Osiris just runs into enemies! Is that really how a stealth ONI assassin would lead his Spartan team? How are we supposed to get connected with him that way? The only characters who work well if they almost never speak are the Rookie and Noble 6 because you don't see their face, so you "Imagine to be them", so whereas Locke is intended to be a character with huge background he's not a good character if his motivations and abilities are not shown in the game.
▪ Guardians: we know from Cortana's exposition that the Guardians are very powerful Forerunner constructs that were used by them to rule the galaxy, but we never see their power! The game is called "Halo 5: Guardians" and we see just one of them EMPing a planet at the end of the game, nothing more...
▪ The Warden Eternal: as the Guardians there is not enough shown of his story, we know from what he says that he's the protector of the Domain, and he serves Cortana because she's now in control of it. How did Cortana and the Warden meet? What is the Warden story during the Forerunner era? Did he know the Didact?
▪ The Arbiter: everything about him changed (in my language that is italian they also had to change his dubber because the previous one died... but the new one doesn't resemble him in any way… the only good thing is the armor because it hides his wrong jaws. Then is behaviour is also a lot more aggressive than Halo 2/3 and he screams a lot!
▪ Halsey: did she want revenge against UNSC and ONI or am I wrong?
▪ Lasky and Palmer: they are Captain and Commander, but they actually don't command anyone... and there is not much of them that helps the player caring about them
▪ Roland: he's actually in the story because of what?
▪ Exuberant: only good new character, she serves the "Guardians builders" (I don't know their name in english, in italian they are "i Costruttori") and her installation is Genesis, that is the planet where Guardians are built. It is enough for her because she isn't in conflict with anyone in the story.
▪ Buck: he's ok, but he has no influence in the story.
▪ Chief: after Halo 4 I though we would see more emotions from him... he turned from a static to a dynamic character in Halo 4, and in Halo 5 he just "goes awhole" and tries to take her home.
▪ Cortana: Died at the end of H4 and she just reappeared OP and wants to rule the universe. WTF happened?… Expand