6.9

1. Jan 21, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is a tough game to review.

At its core, it’s a formula for fun, and fun is exactly what I had playing it. Just Cause 3 puts you once again in the drivers seat of Spiderman… I mean Rico Rodriguez, the handsome, grizzled facial haired superhuman that is capable of absorbing more bullets than an M1 Abrams and who is in possession of more parachutes than the entire 101st
    Just Cause 3 is a tough game to review.

At its core, it’s a formula for fun, and fun is exactly what I had playing it.

Just Cause 3 puts you once again in the drivers seat of Spiderman… I mean Rico Rodriguez, the handsome, grizzled facial haired superhuman that is capable of absorbing more bullets than an M1 Abrams and who is in possession of more parachutes than the entire 101st Airborne Division.

The story is bland and uninteresting and I couldn’t bring myself to care about any of the characters who were boring and one dimensional cardboard cutouts… and the Story missions are the ultimate downfall of this game but we’ll come to that in a minute.

Ultimately the games strengths lie in its fun core mechanics, grapple hooking, parachuting and the now wing suiting around is a real pleasure, especially when you unlock some of the “Mods” for the game, a fantastic innovation that involves you completing various challenges across the map to enhance your various abilities such as grapple, wing suiting, weapons, explosives etc.

These mods do various things such as provide speeds boosts, strengthen your grapple hook so you can pull down some of the larger structures you’re required to destroy in order to liberate towns and bases, or even more hilarious enhancements such as jet packs on your explosives so they will send whatever object you’ve attached it to in a direction until they explode but what makes them so great is that you don’t HAVE to use any of them if you don’t want and they can be turned on and off at random.

The best aspects of the game is the liberation aspect, it involves you liberating towns and bases all across the fictional nation of “Medici” from the evil dictator General Sebastiano Di Ravello who is actually the strongest character in the game, these range from small outposts and hamlets, to relatively sprawling cities and massive military complexes… a nice touch is after each settlement is liberated the radio will play announcing the victory, with towns and cities it’s the “liberation radio” but with military bases there’s hilarious announcements by the government radio trying to cover up your victory.

But the worst aspect is ironically the story itself, almost every single mission in this game is an escort quest… why?

That’s my only question… early in the game I started to notice this problem was really pronounced and I’m not putting this down necessarily to difficulty but as an example, I first noticed how ridiculous this was when I was forced to protect cardboard cutout character A7, who gets in a pickup truck and tries to drive across the country to get to a helicopter that will take him to safety, I was forced to try to protect him from what I can only describe as the 2nd Mechanized division, at one intersection the pickup truck was intercepted by two helicopters, 3 Humvees and a tank… eventually after picking up some MODS I was able to use my tethers to bring everything down but that was only the beginning.

I got about halfway through the story, riding this crap wave of escort quests until I finally gave up when I was once again forced to protect cardboard cutout idiot A7 and an EMP device or something in a seaside cove… From now what I would describe as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th armies of the entire country.

It was no problem up until the 7th Fleet arrived and I had to parachute across the bay to deal with them… Once that was over I couldn’t get back in time to save cardboard cutout A7 who was hit with 2 helicopters and 3 tanks with rotating invincibility shields that blew cardboard cutout A7 to smithereens and sending me very far back in the mission.

Nope, sorry Square Enix this is not 1997 and escort quests of this nature are quite frankly **** and you can shove them up your arse, thanks for the fun everywhere except the story though,

GGKBYETHXLOLZ.
  2. Dec 10, 2015
    Ive had xbox one since it came out and have wasted £100s on games, believing in hype, and because my friends wanted them etc.

Out of all those games there is only 3 i genuinely like. Forza games, diablo 3 and now Just Cause 3. Those are games i bought "for me." And i know it is cliche but the reason I like it and give in a ten is bacause it is pure, mindless, relaxing Fun. For me

And i know it is cliche but the reason I like it and give in a ten is bacause it is pure, mindless, relaxing Fun. For me that is what a video game is about.

The islands are huge and beautiful. The grapel/ parachute/wingsuit combo never gets old. You have to attack installations and liberate areas, and you can do this from land and air. The explosions and destruction look delicious. The protagonist reminds me of archer for some reason. Also the story is cheesy and funny, but by design. You can tell they deliberately made it this way. You see just cause fans understand this. They get it. Other gamers will out this down because of bad story but i laugh at them inside because they have totally misunderstood that the developers have intended the game to be stupid.

Graphics: quite honestly, not the best, quite a few jaggies and pop in. Mad max looked better. This is not a huge issue for me personally. And the land and colors are vibrant.

Sound and music, i feel are both great.

The only issue is the loading screens just seem to pop up and take you out of the action. They have not been too long for me though.

Thats it so far i have along way to go and i hope things remain as good as they are right now. This is a game to chill out and play at your leisure.
  3. May 29, 2016
    The WORST just cause of all, you can't run, you can't roll, there is no minimap, you can't upgrade your weapons, a very very short and unimportant campaing, the game was designed to be fast but the gameplay not, the long-press functions are annoying, fps falls to 15 o even worst, there is not much cities, there is no bossfights, the servers are all time disconnecting, i made it all in lessThe WORST just cause of all, you can't run, you can't roll, there is no minimap, you can't upgrade your weapons, a very very short and unimportant campaing, the game was designed to be fast but the gameplay not, the long-press functions are annoying, fps falls to 15 o even worst, there is not much cities, there is no bossfights, the servers are all time disconnecting, i made it all in less than 10 hours with a 50% of the collectables and any challenge (i don't know if there was 10 hours because the game doesn't include player stats) there is nothing exciting, just pushing the trigger and blowing up something, the new physics are stupid, before you were like a spiderman and superman with a bit of iron man now you are like a flying squirrel with some features of spiderman, there is something good that i must say, avalanche knew that collect the armor pieces was so boring and they took out that, now you can repeat your assaults, you can destroy the bridges all times you want, but there is nothing interesting in this new game, i want to say that i loved just cause 2, even I play that game (99.71%) and there was 5 years waiting for a better game than the previous unbeatable, but this time avalanche has disappointed me. If you want my advise, don't buy this game, if you wanna play, you better rent it... there is 45 just gb of trash Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2016
    This game is offensively bad. I'm a bit late to the show on this game, and ordinarily I wouldn't waste my time writing about a game that's been out for months, but I feel like I've been so cheated by this game, I have to say something. I got it for $30 and I feel like I've been ripped off. The game is terrible. After 4 hours, I've reached my end of this game. Performance wise, it's theThis game is offensively bad. I'm a bit late to the show on this game, and ordinarily I wouldn't waste my time writing about a game that's been out for months, but I feel like I've been so cheated by this game, I have to say something. I got it for $30 and I feel like I've been ripped off. The game is terrible. After 4 hours, I've reached my end of this game. Performance wise, it's the worst game I've ever seen. It struggles to get to 30 fps. When standing still with nothing around the stupid, boring character the game tells you basically nothing about, it hits 30 FPS, yeah. As soon as enemies show up, the frame rate tanks down to about 20. In "intense" action scenes, it seriously goes down to about 10 FPS. It feels like I'm playing "Power Point: The Game." It would almost be excusable if the game looked like an Angel's **** but it doesn't. It looks like it belongs on the 360. How can Dice make Battlefront, a game that looks as good as any game ever has, run at a crispy smooth 60 FPS with MORE stuff happening on the screen, or how can Rockstar make GTA 5 look 50 times better than this game while having it run 6000 times better on a bigger map, while this company can't make this crap run at even 30 even though it looks like the best game from 10 years ago. The story should be interesting, but they don't even introduce you to the characters. If you haven't played the pervious games, you just don't give a crap about anyone. The best thing about the game is flying around the island, jumping off high points and comboing parachuting and wing-suiting to trying literally miles is incredibly entertaining. But if you want good movement, just play the freaking Arkham games. The "combat" feels like it was lifted directly out of Saints Row 1. Enemies stand there, you shoot unsatisfying, bland guns at them, they fall over. The game is just pathetic. I would rather do my laundry than play this game. It is so bad, it's offensive. I could forgive the poor performance if the story was interesting and the combat was fun, but those things just aren't true. Worst $30 I have ever spent on anything. I'd rather pay $60 to slide down a 50 foot razor blade into a forest of cacti which resides in the middle of a lake of rubbing alcohol. Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2015
    If you're looking for a game that has fast, action-packed game and plenty of side activities then Just Cause 3 is the perfect game for you but if you're looking for a game that has a compelling story-line, interesting characters then Just Cause 3 is not the perfect game for you since that's what the story missions lack.

One of my major gripes with the game is that the frame-rate (On

One of my major gripes with the game is that the frame-rate (On Xbox One) is absolutely POOR! When there is a lot of action, explosions going then the game's frame rate just takes a massive nose dive which sometimes makes the game unplayable and can actually ruin the experience. It should also be noted that the load times can be quite lengthy as well! I can't help but think Avalanche/Sqaure Enix should have pushed this game a few months back to polish the game up and add final tweaks.

For a time being, I'd wait for the game to come down at a cheaper price and see if the developers of the game has addressed the issues with frame-rate and loading times.
  6. Jul 26, 2016
    Overall this game performs well but runs dry after a while of playing it. It lacks a storyline of different gameplay.
    All you do is go to a base, kill some people and blow everything up, and that is fun to do but thats all the game is. As its main part of the game, destruction does not take place as much as it is retailed for in my opinion, there are gasoline tanks, vehicles, statues, walls of bases, and a few bridges that are destructible, the rest is not, again it lacks content.
    I would like this game so much more if it had a multiplayer, as one of gamers favorite things to do is blow sh*t up with friends.
    The graphics hold up to be quite well and though the loading screens are quite long, it is not a major killer for the game.
    Graphics 8.5/10
    Gameplay 6/10
    Price 8/10
    Plot 6.5/10
    Total 7.25/10
  7. Dec 8, 2015
    The game itself is fun, the story is horrible. That's the usual stuff with Just Cause by now.
    But the performance und XBO is horrible, as soon as something explodes you get 20 frames or even less.

Do not buy before they patch it!
  8. Dec 17, 2015
    I was really looking forward to this game but in my opinion it failed on pretty much every aspect of the game.
    But I can't continue this review without mentioning the elephant in the room, the FPS drops are really as bad as everyone say they are, I got the game yesterday and returned it today because the fps drops are so bad that they alone ruin the game experience.
    However this is not

However this is not the only problem, the car handling is the worst I have yet to witness in a video game and combined with the fps drops, well let's just say it doesn't help...

The game-play and story becomes very one-sided and after a few hours I had have enough of this so called game.

It suprises me how they didn't notice the fps problem before the game got released, I got the game for 40$ and I STILL returned it and that should give you an idea of how bad this game is, i wouldn't recommend you to get it for anything above 20$, yes i know that's 1/3 of the original price but you're also getting a game that the developers seem to only have given 1/3 of their time.
  9. Dec 30, 2015
    I'll keep this review short: If you're looking for a fun game just to mess around with, than this game is for you. Pros: FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN, Explosions 4 days, wingsuit, open world, beautiful design, good controls, amazing replay value. Cons: Cringe - worthy loading times, bad story, repetitive gameplay mechanics, lots of frame rate drops, glitches, "unrealistic", sub - par voice acting.I'll keep this review short: If you're looking for a fun game just to mess around with, than this game is for you. Pros: FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN, Explosions 4 days, wingsuit, open world, beautiful design, good controls, amazing replay value. Cons: Cringe - worthy loading times, bad story, repetitive gameplay mechanics, lots of frame rate drops, glitches, "unrealistic", sub - par voice acting. Overall, it's an amazing game I'd recommend to just about anyone. Expand
  10. Feb 8, 2017
    A. Gameplay - 6
    A. Gameplay - 6
    the are a lot of fun stuff to do, big variety of weapons, tools, air land and sea vehicles at your disposal. the bad thing is that it gets old very quickly and every missionside mission are exactly the same. the map is very large but again every town and every base and location looks and feels exactly the same as if the map is the same 10% copied and pasted to create a bigger scale. AI is horrible and there is no challenge in this game what so ever.

B. Graphics - 7
    overall the visuals look good but somewhat sterile for example underwater exploration is just empty pool filled with water, same for the mountains. all the towns looks the same. car models are way under-par not to mention the damage models.

C. Audio - 6
    radio is very limited - no music. soundtrack is OK but very short. voice acting could be much better.

D. Story - 4
    what story? well there is some story but it is not good or interesting in any meaning and the only reason I kept myself from skipping them completely is the somewhat funny and goofy characters which occasionally makes you grim.

E. Content Vs. Value - 3
    the map is huge but there is not much to do in it. there are no side missions only collectables and dumb challenges. the main story is short and has no replay value, the game is fun for the first 3 hours after that you just rinse and repeat with no further significant development and for the rest of the game it feels tedious and boring. I didn't bother with the dumb side stuff and after completing the main story I sold the disc for the next day.

F. Controls and Mechanics - 5
    on foot controls are good, although weapons feel clunky and the control preset is not that comfortable.
    car controls are awkward with bad physics and overall unresponsive. fells like you are driving a card box on wheels.
    sea vehicles are the same as cars.
    air vehicles are actually very good.

G. Stability and Performance - 1
    the game hard crashed at least couple of times in every sitting, guess what? there is no quick-save option.
    performance is the worst I had experienced in video games, for the most game the FPS is bad way below 30, when there is action, explosions, shooting, Crashing basically anything what this game is about the FPS will plummet to an all time low even to a single digit FPS. IN Fact the only times I had the game run smooth is in distance locations with minimal objects, NPC's and stuff that happens for example walking in the mountains, parachuting above open sea, etc'. Unplayable and Unacceptable.
  11. Dec 1, 2015
    i really wanted to enjoy this game, after being a huge fan of the previous just cause game i was hoping for something great, but unfortunately this edition to the series wasn't the game i was expecting, it sounds awesome flying round blowing things up, but the thing that makes this game disappointing is the complete lack of civilians and any areal sign of life in the world, you may see 1i really wanted to enjoy this game, after being a huge fan of the previous just cause game i was hoping for something great, but unfortunately this edition to the series wasn't the game i was expecting, it sounds awesome flying round blowing things up, but the thing that makes this game disappointing is the complete lack of civilians and any areal sign of life in the world, you may see 1 or 2 civilians walking around every 5 mins which considering the fun you can have flinging civilians around with the grapple hook its a shame there isn't more NPC and its a shame they didn't realize this was a problem in JC2 and make it better for this game, it just doesn't feel like the huge improvement people were expecting, now don't get me wrong there is fun to be had in this game, im not siting here saying this game is 'compete' garbage but methods of fun feel stale and quite limited, but they're is 2 huge things that in fact no 3 things that really decided to put this game at 7 and put in in the top section of mixed and not in positive is 1.camera angles at times are really frustrating and can often get you either killed or put you off track what you were tying to do. 2.the car physics and handling of cars feels horrible, and i understand they were going for an arcade feel to the driving, which is cool that sound good, but they didn't pull it off, cars are very slow going round corners and can often understear a lot however this can depend on the car, and 3.which is a big one, FPS , now this could be a launch day bug and it could be fixed , and if it is i apologise please ignore this point but if it is still a problem then it is a 'problem' the whole point of this game is to blow **** up right, but when you blow **** up the console can often lag and the fps can drop rapidly which is infuriating when you just wanna get on and blow **** up but the game is running like an 1860's ice maker, it just embarrassing not only for avalanche for releasing a game clearly not capable of running smoothly with high combat but also for Microsoft who clearly have put wool over peoples eyes and obviously the Xbox one is as advanced as we thing ,but before i go of on a tangent about Xbox ones i just wanna summarize by saying that the games is fun don't get me wrong but don't be expecting hours after hours of fun on it because it can get boring quickly, and as fr the FPS well hopefully is fixed soon :) Expand
  12. Dec 10, 2015
    Just Cause 3 would be an excellent game if not for the numerous long waits you have to have between cutscenes and gameplay then some more waiting for the mid cutscenes to load then more wait as the game loads and then more waits... and it gets tiresome... AND when re-doing challenges.. it's waitwaitwait.

Most other games take a few seconds to reset you back to the beginning of your

Most other games take a few seconds to reset you back to the beginning of your race course and you are ready to start again. In JC3 you can mess up a challenge, click to restart, go to the loo, clean up and come back AND THE GAME STILL ISN'T FINISHED LOADING (and yeah, that happened to me).

Also don't talk to me about the framerate drops. Trying to do the wingsuit courses when the game begins chugging away and you are trying to get that last gear. You mess it up because of the frame rate drops and then you have to wait and wait and wait for it to reload the challenge again. Try again... fail and you spend more time waiting for the game to load than you do trying to do the challenge. The PC version doesn't seem to have these awful loading times. On that it is almost instant. Consoles, though, are slower than an old 5.25 floppy disc, it seems.

This game wasn't ready for release on consoles. On PC, yes... it loads fast so it's at least playable. On my Xbox I want to play the game I though I was buying (from the PC videos showing loading times of around 4-5 seconds)... not this "Wait-a-thon-2015 Expensive Edition" POS. And this is is with the resolution dropped to 900p on the XB1.

This game needs another optimization pass... and STRONG one too.
  13. Jan 8, 2017
    Just Cause 3 is a total mess on Xbox One. The performance is horrible! Very low fps and insanely long loading times. Too bad, because it could have been the perfect sandbox game. Apparently the developers don't care, because a year after its release they still haven't fixed these issues. The DID release DLC for this failure of a game however.
  14. Dec 1, 2015
    Very impressive game. Better than its predecessors, however, it cannot compete with games like fallout and MGSV. But overall, a fantastic game, and the wingsuit is awesome
  15. Dec 1, 2015
    I am very much enjoying the game at the moment only played about 3 hours of it so far but very impressive. Many of the aspects of Just Cause 2 that I loved are still there but somehow made even better. Also some of the new features such as the wing suit are so fun and so exciting to use.

PS. Explosions for days. I do r8 m8
  16. Dec 1, 2015
    I wanted to write this review an hour into the game but I felt that wouldn't be a fair review. I now have 8 hours into the game and the game is mediocre. The graphics are sub-par, the game mechanics are not any better. The driving is horrible and the shooting is just as bad. The frame rate drops constantly. It is a shame, because I was really looking forward to this game. Get the game on sale.
  17. Dec 1, 2015
    10/10 from me.. this game gives me everything I want at the moment; FUN, FUN & FUN!

Truly a step up from Just Cause 2, in this 3rd installment bigger really is better. I have recently put 3 days into Fallout 4 and I find myself dropping it like a hot potato just thinking about the chaos I can create in this game. For those who want a break from the intense online shooters, epic story

For those who want a break from the intense online shooters, epic story rpgs and games alike.. pick this up!
  18. Dec 1, 2015
    This is undoubtedly one of the most fun and enjoyable games i have played for a while, in general this is the squeal i had been hoping for, the edition of the wing suit with the grapple is great fun (once you get a hang of it). The upgrades and modification system is decent, the availability of cars, boats, planes helicopters etc, is great. The game is repetitive, like the last one,This is undoubtedly one of the most fun and enjoyable games i have played for a while, in general this is the squeal i had been hoping for, the edition of the wing suit with the grapple is great fun (once you get a hang of it). The upgrades and modification system is decent, the availability of cars, boats, planes helicopters etc, is great. The game is repetitive, like the last one, however missions do variate considerably more compared with JC2. The map is giant and great fun to explore, overall this game is brilliant, the only downsides being the AI are crap and there is no online play (ie gta5 style). Expand
  19. Feb 15, 2016
    Eh, not bad at all, but something definitely seems to be missing with this game. The game play and explosions are better than before, but the map has far less locations than the last game making the map feel rather empty and lifeless. The character feels like a generic military buff this time around with the voice to match. The devs kept hyping the story yet it's very generic and barelyEh, not bad at all, but something definitely seems to be missing with this game. The game play and explosions are better than before, but the map has far less locations than the last game making the map feel rather empty and lifeless. The character feels like a generic military buff this time around with the voice to match. The devs kept hyping the story yet it's very generic and barely gets the job done. The biggest sin this game commits is forcing the players to do these challenges to unlock skills essential to game play. The challenges themselves are phoned in and uninspired. If you can't be bothered to do these side activities (I don't blame you if you don't) then you will be using the same few moves throughout the game. Also, why did they take out he whip meele move and replaced it with this lame shoulder push. Visually, this game shines and is probably one of the best looking games of this generation so far with a detailed map and a very well done view distance. Overall, get it on sale. Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2015
    I love this game! I don't understand the other reviewers who said they experienced frame rate drops and long load times, because I haven't experienced either and I'm connected online all the time. They improved so much from Just Cause 2, and the wing suit is so much fun once you get a hang of it. The best looking explosions in video games are in this game, an while the graphics aren't theI love this game! I don't understand the other reviewers who said they experienced frame rate drops and long load times, because I haven't experienced either and I'm connected online all the time. They improved so much from Just Cause 2, and the wing suit is so much fun once you get a hang of it. The best looking explosions in video games are in this game, an while the graphics aren't the best I've seen this generation, they're still pretty good. But it's the gaming experience of Just Cause 3 that makes it a winner for me. Expand
  21. Dec 2, 2015
    If you like blowing stuff up, this is a great game. The explosions are just freaking beautiful. There is a few technical issues. And the story is ok at best. I didn't buy this game for the story. I bought this game to run around and blow stuff up, and that you can do plenty of. If the technical issues get fixed by a patch this game would be a 9/10
  22. Jan 16, 2016
    This game could be an awesome sandbox. It looks really really nice and it so much fun to blow stuff up in this world. But unfortunately, this game is unplayable on Xbox One due to countless technical issues.

* First, the loading times. Seriously, this is absolute ridiculous. When you first start the game it takes several minutes before you even reach the main menu. Granted, you are instantly in the game when you hit start, but still.
    When you fail a mission, you have to wait again for up to two minutes to retry.
    This is absolutely unacceptable for a game in 2016!

* The game crashes often. Very often. Feels like every 30 minutes or so, it has to hard reset

* The framerate is unbearable and it drops very often to a diashow for a few seconds

Keep in mind, this is *after* the "performance update"!

I think I would really enjoy this game and it's world if it would actually be playable. Every time I start it, I have fun for a few minutes before it all falls apart technically. It's a shame and I really hope the sort it out. But I won't hold my breath until that happens.

I don't know if it is playable on other platforms, but stay away from this if you have to play it on Xbox One.
  23. Dec 29, 2015
    After the update, EPIC 10/10 unlimited mayhem, freedom, and fun. If you cant figure out the controls or lack an imagination, then this might not be the best game for you, else GOTY 2015/16
  24. Dec 3, 2015
    Just Cause 3 has not moved on at all from the first game. Yes, it looks graphically better and you now have a wing suit, but at the end of the day it's still all about physics and explosions. In 2015, and with games like MGS, Far Cry, Fallout and others, that simply is not enough in my book. The game comes in at a whopping 43 gig and has a 2.7 gig patch on Xbox One and so far the day oneJust Cause 3 has not moved on at all from the first game. Yes, it looks graphically better and you now have a wing suit, but at the end of the day it's still all about physics and explosions. In 2015, and with games like MGS, Far Cry, Fallout and others, that simply is not enough in my book. The game comes in at a whopping 43 gig and has a 2.7 gig patch on Xbox One and so far the day one patch has not fixed the massive performance issues (Frame Rate drops to below 20 at times and loading times are insane). JC3 has a massive open world, but little (of interest) to do in it. Once you have taken out 2 or 3 areas and done a few "side missions" (and I use the term loosely here) you have done pretty much all there is to do. Story was never great in JC and the main missions always lacked imagination, and JC3 has not moved on here at all either. If all you want to see is explosions (though with massive drops in performance) and play around with physics, then you might get some hours of entertainment out of it. But I'd recommend waiting until it drops in price - there are far better games out right now that deserve your money more and provide more interesting content. JC has huge potential, I hope Square moves the franchise away from Avalanche and gives it to a studio worthy of the IP (as they have done with Tomb Raider) - it needs a reboot badly. Expand
  25. Dec 1, 2015
    The frame rate, story and characters are wack, but everything else is good, after they fix the obvious problems, this game to me will be a 8 out of 10 game.
  26. Feb 5, 2016
    No cover system, no more crouching or aiming. Just shoot in the general direction of your opponent and hope that bullet magnetism takes over and actually hits them. Pathetically clunky controls for a TPS game made in 2015. This game doesn't even deserve a proper review because its controls are so poor. It's absolutely inexcusable.
  27. Dec 4, 2015
    I spent a few good hours playing the story mode and free roam, but I just didn't really feel drawn in by the game. The grappling hook option is super cool at first, allowing you to soar around all over and get pretty much anywhere on the map, but it grows tedious after awhile. It feels like the game developers thought creating a big ass map would make up for the mediocre/overused/recycledI spent a few good hours playing the story mode and free roam, but I just didn't really feel drawn in by the game. The grappling hook option is super cool at first, allowing you to soar around all over and get pretty much anywhere on the map, but it grows tedious after awhile. It feels like the game developers thought creating a big ass map would make up for the mediocre/overused/recycled game plot and supporting characters. Driving is another weird thing I noticed...it was like they used driving mechanics from an original Xbox game, and hoped we wouldn't notice. The other sketchy part about the game is the explosions and the world destruction. It's nice to see pretty much everything break down if you blast into it, shoot it, etc, but I felt like I was watching destruction physics that were super cheesy and outdated. The game just doesn't seem like it's complete in a lot of areas, especially for a next gen console. If you're a HUGE fan of the Just Cause series, or if you love mindless sandbox games in general, this might be your perfect fit. Maybe consider renting it before you buy though, I'm certainly glad I did. Expand
  28. Dec 1, 2015
    I couldn't possibly understand those out there on the net giving this game a low rating. The game does well, once again, what it has always done well. Provided an environment full of mindless explosions a la Michael Bay (I swear I set a guy on fire by shooting a motorcycle near him. Are humans THAT flammable?), a bunch of overly predictable tropes, the lot of which you may find in any ofI couldn't possibly understand those out there on the net giving this game a low rating. The game does well, once again, what it has always done well. Provided an environment full of mindless explosions a la Michael Bay (I swear I set a guy on fire by shooting a motorcycle near him. Are humans THAT flammable?), a bunch of overly predictable tropes, the lot of which you may find in any of the old Hollywood action films. I mean - seriously... or wait, wait... NOT SERIOUSLY. That's the problem here. Critics and Gamers alike are taking this game WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. This is not GTA. This is not Saint's Row. This is Spaaart........ err, I mean... this is JUST CAUSE, and it is so much fun; the parachuting/wingsuit gliding/parachuting again - REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT, the new tricks, the feeling that bullets never run out, the new mechanism with tying two items together being even better than before. Alright... I'm going back to Medici to set tie some more of Di Ravello's people to moving vehicles. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2016
    Just cause 3,
    massive map, massive fun, and massive let down.
    Just cause 3 is a 3rd person action adventure gamewhere you play as rico rodriguez, set out to liberate the massive island you’re on... You do this equipped with some guns, a parachute, and a grappling gun… Just cause 3 is hilarious, and never takes itself seriously... it knows it’s a ridiculous videogame and it makes fun of
    Just cause 3,
    massive map, massive fun, and massive let down.
    You do this equipped with some guns, a parachute, and a grappling gun…
    Just cause 3 is hilarious, and never takes itself seriously... it knows it’s a ridiculous videogame and it makes fun of itself the entire way…
    You’re going to have a blast for the first few hours of this game...
    There’s seemingly so much to do...
    There are cars to collect... missions to do... towns and bases to liberate, and challenges to conquer
    plus basically the entire world is destructive
    unfortunately, this becomes stale very quickly…
    Apart from the hilarious cut scenes, there’s nothing special about the campaign, it’s your typical fight your way to the bad guy story, get the things he’s after before he does…
    what I found pretty clever though is that a couple missions require you to liberate sections of the map before they will unlock..
    This forces you to do the best parts of the game in my opinion...
    Liberating can be fun... at least the military bases...
    You basically go in and destroy all of their goods while they try and stop you…
    and this is the meat of the game…
    it’s a clean the map game which again is fun for a while, but is massively repetitive…
    I feel like the staleness comes from the restrictions the game puts on you…
    For starters as you complete missions and get stars from missions you’ll unlock vehicles and guns…
    the great thing is you can request these items from a drop box anytime at all
    the problem is you need a beacon to do this…
    This is bad because you’ll find yourself in the middle of nowhere many times after a mission with no beacons or a helicopter in sight... causing you to have to grapple way 8,000 km to your next way point
    Sure infinite beacons would’ve made just cause 3 much easier.. But more importantly I feel like it would make the game much more fun...
    more about causing destruction and mayhem and less about forcing you to traverse a massive but empty world….it isn’t a game you play for challenge anyway or really a game you play to explore…
    the same issue can be found with fast travel..
    You can only carry 1 flare at a time and you need this flare to fast travel to a location…
    I would’ve much rather had fast travels be endless but limited to liberated bases...
    This would’ve given me incentive to liberate beyond the minimum to complete the story…
    but while you are creating havoc, almost everything you do is tied to a score so you can try to outdo your friends in craziness…
    you can of course opt out and play offline. .but annoyingly every time you go to check the map or pause the game it tries to log you in stopping all flow and immersion of the game...
    This is by far the greatest sin the game commits…
    I had games downloading in the background so it would attempt to log in for minutes, causing me to get distracted numerous times by something else… only to remember oh yeah, I was playing just cause 3…
    When I enter offline mode, please keep me there until I opt in to online...
    don’t try to force it
    while there are hours of fun to be had in just cause 3
    I didn’t really find the journey to be worth it all in the end…
    There’s a good time here, just no real substance
    I give just cause 3 an 8/10
  30. Jan 20, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is a GREAT GAME
    It is so fun, but I did not experience any glitches or frame rate issues my whole 50 hour playthrough
    The gameplay is awesome gives you so many things you can explode in different and fun ways Especially fun if you are creative and destroying things in creative ways is both fun and satisfying Story is not as good but WHO CARES This game is not for the
    Just Cause 3 is a GREAT GAME
    Story is not as good but WHO CARES
    This game is not for the story it is for the gameplay and ridiculous stunts and explosions you can pull off
    the awesome things: gameplay shooting open world characters grapple wing suit
    The OK things: story
    Bad things: weapons all feel the same and lack of good side missions or progression
  31. Feb 2, 2016
    Awesome storyline, plenty of content, and my favourite part is that it's the perfect game to just pop in and have immediate fun causing havoc freely across the map. Love!
  32. Feb 14, 2018
    One of my favorite games ever.
    One of my favorite games ever.
    Look, I don't play a lot of video games, so my opinion could be taken with a grain of salt. On the other hand, the games I do end up buying I log a LOT of hours into. A BUNCH. Mario Odyssey I've logged probably 60+ hours into, only had it for two months. A classic "Minecraft" (don't know if you've heard of it) I've probably logged close to a f*ckin' thousand hours into it or some crazy **** like that. And Just Cause 3, my favorite Xbox game, I've probably logged 100+ hours into. This game is so fun that even in the repetitive village captures that have been copy-pasted thousands of times into this gigantic map still seem fresh.
    When a developer is presented with an open-world formula, the first thing that goes through their mind is: mobility. You need to stay fast if you want to transport around open-world settings. Back to Odyssey, as an example. You can throw your hat, bounce off your hat, throw your hat again, jump into your hat, throw your hat a third time, then dive right behind your hat. Its limit for traversity is endless. Just Cause 3 keeps beautiful pace with this requirement with the powerful and iconic grappling hook-wingsuit duo.
    These two tools can let you essentially play god. You are capable of essentially anything in this game, but it still never gets old and tires you out with boredom. There is something remarkable about being able to explode anything or anyone upon command, and something even more fun about being able to glitch out the whole world and throw a truck against the wall to shoot it a billion feet into the air.
    On that subject, there are so many glitches in this game. Unlike other games, this takes the Skate 3 approach and makes the game even more fun.
    the biggest turn-off of this game are the substantial loading times. If you die, the game takes you on a thrilling loading screen adventure, forcing you to wait for many minutes on end. Another gripe I have with this game is the story. It's actually quite cinematic at first, but then you get to this **** beach fight level which really ticks me off. Upon multiple hours of trying I couldn't hold these enemies off... the learning curve was so extreme that I just quit the story and went to solely open-world adventuring. Luckily, the secession of the story didn't take away any fun from the overall experience.
    Overall, 10/10 very good much love yes yes
  33. Jan 28, 2016
    Not quite as good as the two previous games. All that beautiful ocean and nothing to do in it. Load times are torturous and really test your patience. There are a lot of crashes and some issues with the map not showing items that can stop you from progressing in the game. These are serious issues but it is a Just Cause game so it can be forgiven. Why? Just cause.
  34. Oct 12, 2017
    I wish I could have a more informed opinion, but the game ran so terribly that I traded it in after about three hours. It suffered horrendous slowdown whenever too much was happening on screen, so for a game centered on causing chaos, that's a death sentence. I play games on a console because standardized hardware is supposed to make performance optimization easy, so there's no excuse. OhI wish I could have a more informed opinion, but the game ran so terribly that I traded it in after about three hours. It suffered horrendous slowdown whenever too much was happening on screen, so for a game centered on causing chaos, that's a death sentence. I play games on a console because standardized hardware is supposed to make performance optimization easy, so there's no excuse. Oh well. Just Cause 2 was good, and I think it's backwards-compatible, so try that. Expand
  35. Dec 30, 2015
    Just Cause 3 is not as polished as GTA V or Far Cry 4, and can get a bit repetitive, but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast. This is the most fun I have had playing a video game all year. If you liked AC Syndicate, Far Cry 4, GTA V, etc. you will probably enjoy this game.
  36. Apr 7, 2018
    Most reviewers docked points for the game's framerate issues and slow load times. In 2018 playing on a Xbox One X, those issues are barely a thing anymore, so I figure the game must be worth at least an 8/10 now for X owners. The game plays out a lot like recent Far Cry games, and might appeal to fans of other open world mayhem games. There is an insane amount of stuff to do, and you canMost reviewers docked points for the game's framerate issues and slow load times. In 2018 playing on a Xbox One X, those issues are barely a thing anymore, so I figure the game must be worth at least an 8/10 now for X owners. The game plays out a lot like recent Far Cry games, and might appeal to fans of other open world mayhem games. There is an insane amount of stuff to do, and you can spend more time with this game than most of its competition. The big difference in gameplay from other games in the same genre is that you move around and tie things together with a special grappling hook. The story is silly and derivative without being very funny, though. It lacks most of the charm of GTA or Far Cry. There isn't much in the way of random world events. In Far Cry you might happen upon some random things that all converge into some kind of unique crazy encounter. In this game mostly it's predictable where the bad guys will be and what will happen. It also gets a little bit repetitive, though the huge number of challenges break that up a bit. I like that challenges have leaderboards that show you friend scores and sometimes let you race your friends' ghosts if applicable. The challenges can be brutal to get the maximum score on, though, and you need to do them to power up, so if you just want to rush through the story, think twice about picking this game up. The game is probably more fun for a completionist. Expand
  37. Jan 15, 2016
    This is an absolute joy to play through. Each upgrade presents a new way of leaving behind marvelous destruction. If you enjoy unadulterated fun, this is the one for you.
  38. Jan 21, 2019
    В этой игре все ужасное - от управления до графики. Сюжет дурацкий, локации огромные, пустые и непроработанные, быстрое перемещение ОГРАНИЧЕНО, даже за бесплатно по GamePass не стоит потраченного времени
  39. Apr 24, 2016
    Do you ever feel like parachuting into a military base and using a RPG to blow up anything in sight? Well that's Just Cause 3, You will spend most the game going from Cites,Towns and Military Bases and destroying them. The game takes place in a tropical island in the middle of a Military Dictatorship, You are part of the rebel group and I'm sure you see where this is going. The highlightsDo you ever feel like parachuting into a military base and using a RPG to blow up anything in sight? Well that's Just Cause 3, You will spend most the game going from Cites,Towns and Military Bases and destroying them. The game takes place in a tropical island in the middle of a Military Dictatorship, You are part of the rebel group and I'm sure you see where this is going. The highlights from Just Cause for me have to be using your Grappling hook and wing suit to fly across the map like a superhero or just thinking of new ways to destroy everything. The game is fairly simple with not much depth, If you don't enjoy the simplicity of just killing everything with not much of a story then you won't really enjoy Just Cause 3. It seems like a game you play for a bit then move on, not much with the game keeps you playing or draws you in. Expand
  40. Dec 24, 2015
    Just cause 3 is a very enjoyable game and if you liked Just Cause 2 because of the grappling hook and mayhem you could cause you will LOVE Just Cause 3, with the addition of multiple tethers and making them retractable you can have so much more fun. The only downside is that to unlock equipment and upgrade equipment you have to do challenges, while I'm Okay with some sort of progression IJust cause 3 is a very enjoyable game and if you liked Just Cause 2 because of the grappling hook and mayhem you could cause you will LOVE Just Cause 3, with the addition of multiple tethers and making them retractable you can have so much more fun. The only downside is that to unlock equipment and upgrade equipment you have to do challenges, while I'm Okay with some sort of progression I think forcing challenges isn't the way to go since you have to find them hidden throughout the entire map which wouldn't be too much of a problem though it is HUGE, you have to take liberate cities aswell meaning you don't know if you're unlocking the challenge or not. In the end you have to use the internet if you don't want to waste hours trying to find the right challenge.

I'd say the Story is pretty bland, not exactly exciting but I'll probably play through it but if you're buying this then buy it for the massive open world and sandbox fun since gameplay wise the game is amazing, never have I been more satisfied than when I'm gliding through the air in my wingsuit and then direct my way through a tunnel and swoop out the other end. It's so satisfying because you have to concentrate as it's not the easiest thing to do.

Overall I gave it an 8/10 for being a fun and chaotic game but if you want a game with story and maybe proper side missions I'd give it a miss.
  41. Mar 21, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is an interesting game, but repetitive. Just Cause 3 is an action game with a very simple story, but the game never tried to change that, with this, this simple story was deliberate. The gameplay is very fun, explode, fly, and blast again is very good, but even with many varieties of weapons, vehicles, and explosions, Just Cause can become repetitive (the missions are oftenJust Cause 3 is an interesting game, but repetitive. Just Cause 3 is an action game with a very simple story, but the game never tried to change that, with this, this simple story was deliberate. The gameplay is very fun, explode, fly, and blast again is very good, but even with many varieties of weapons, vehicles, and explosions, Just Cause can become repetitive (the missions are often simple and similar). Visually the game is beautiful, but what is most striking are the explosions, they are extremely well made, and can even say that they are innovative; the soundtrack does not have anything special. The maor problem of this game are the bugs, are many and are annoying (but some are funny). Overall, Just Cause 3 is a very fun and beautiful game visually, however, has a simple story, it is repetitive and possesses many bugs. 7.5 / 10 Expand
  42. Aug 6, 2016
    Just Cause 3. All hype.

Just Cause 3 is extremely overrated in my opinion.Yes the grappling hook and other abilities make the game insane fun. But,who wants to have to play a ton of escort missions to unlock them? The gunplay isn't great either,and the AI is dumber than dirt for both enemies and allies. The game looks great,but the framerate is horrid,particularly on XB1 and
    Just Cause 3. All hype.

But,who wants to have to play a ton of escort missions to unlock them?

The game looks great,but the framerate is horrid,particularly on XB1 and PS4.

Overall,Just Cause 3 is all hype,no quality.
  43. Mar 10, 2016
    The game is pretty funny while you are playing the campaign and liberating settlements but the story is terrible and the missions are just go here, defend this, kill that. There are no side missions and also once story is done there is really nothing else to do in the game.
    I found myself quickly bored after completed the story and the challenges which are required to unlock stuff are boring and repetitive.
    The game has 1 min loading times and TERRIBLE performance. Dipping towards 15fps
    The game is OK but I would only pick up for really cheap
  44. Mar 6, 2016
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. The physics are amazing and the tethering system offers hours of laughter and fun, but that's where the good ends. The plot is predictable and it's the same thing over and over again. Driving and shooting feels very awkward. In some vehicles it feels like I'm going to break the joystick just trying to turn, and in some brakes are nonexistent.I have very mixed feelings about this game. The physics are amazing and the tethering system offers hours of laughter and fun, but that's where the good ends. The plot is predictable and it's the same thing over and over again. Driving and shooting feels very awkward. In some vehicles it feels like I'm going to break the joystick just trying to turn, and in some brakes are nonexistent. The worst part are the frame rate drops. Every time the action picks up the frame rate dips below 20FPS and it becomes unplayable. Expand
  45. May 16, 2016
    When I was a kid I would set up plastic army men in elaborate battles, and imagine things getting destroyed in the ensuing battles. That's what this game is, a long series of blowing things up. Total fun. Where it disappoints, is on the frame rate slowdowns on my xbox one. They are not show stoppers but they do take away from the action. Otherwise an enjoyable game.
  46. Dec 14, 2015
    It's fun but I got bored of it really fast. The combat is lifeless, it doesn't feel solid when you hit someone. The biggest let down of this otherwise great game is the controls. It feels unruly. The writing takes some getting used to, like a sub par netflix exclusive but you can look past it eventually. The gameplay itself is great but the controls need to be alot tighter.
  47. Jan 16, 2016
    What's up Gamers, I have been playing games for longer than most of you have been alive most likely and I have been coming to this site for reviews for several years but I have never signed up till now. After reading the reviews for this game I was not certain if I was going to buy it but I got bored with the games I was playing and broke down and bought it and it is so much fun. Some ofWhat's up Gamers, I have been playing games for longer than most of you have been alive most likely and I have been coming to this site for reviews for several years but I have never signed up till now. After reading the reviews for this game I was not certain if I was going to buy it but I got bored with the games I was playing and broke down and bought it and it is so much fun. Some of these reviews are just people that only like first person shooters and if it doesn't play like Call of Duty they don't like it. JC3 game play is so fun and refreshing because you can do so many things. The addition of the wing suit is awesome, just trying to see how far you can fly with it, through mountains and stuff will keep you occupied for hours not to mention all the little side missions and races and stuff. I have been playing for a couple hours a day for 3 weeks and have not gotten bored with all the stuff you can do and I have not even explored half the map. I had to get on here and put my 2 cents in because there were so many bad reviews for this game and it doesn't deserve it. The only complaint I have is that the loading takes a while sometimes but I haven't had any issues with lag or any major glitches. One reviewer talked about the civilians not being found enough and I just scratch my head and wonder what he is talking about. If you go into any town they are all over the place and there are little side missions that pop up randomly where you help civilians with either a broken down car or their boat is stuck and you use the grapple to get it back in the water, it's a nice little addition to the game. Its a great game and I hope my review helps. Expand
  48. Feb 18, 2016
    The first thing you need to do when making a shooter is remember, no matter what gimmicks your game mechanics revolve around, the guns are ALWAYS the star. This game has some of the most generic and boring guns you will find current gen. The only interesting weapons are ones that have very little ammo, like the launchers, and even they get boring after a short while.

The game does,

The game does, however, have greatly improved functionality for the grappling hook, allowing you to set multiple hooks and upgrade their strength

bottom line, if you don't plan on being **** for 4 weeks straight and want to buy a game to play while drunk, don't buy this game.
  49. Feb 23, 2016
    Enjoyable but insanely the camera control also controls direction! How could they make this mistake!
    Also Text and Maps way too small
    Car control and feel nice when driving slow but horrible when fast
    Shooting too random, zoom scope would be nice
    Should be able to name points on the map and save points to go back to instantly
  50. Mar 24, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is an open-world action game that focuses on massive destruction. The open world is hilariously huge and can be freely explored, from underwater up to the mountain tops. The world contains spectacular landscapes and is full of side activities and destructible objects. If you want to have a really nice open world and enjoy some cool, completely exaggerated action, then this isJust Cause 3 is an open-world action game that focuses on massive destruction. The open world is hilariously huge and can be freely explored, from underwater up to the mountain tops. The world contains spectacular landscapes and is full of side activities and destructible objects. If you want to have a really nice open world and enjoy some cool, completely exaggerated action, then this is the game for you. After the first big patch, the game runs more smoothly and didn't experience any crash anymore. Strong recommendation for every fan of action and open world games. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2016
    Really liked it, however I have some complaints. The story is short and seems forced. The world is big, but there isn't much in between. I have also experienced lag. Overall it is a highly entertaining experience.
  52. Apr 10, 2016
    I give it a 10/10 for what it is and how no other game is like it. Its complete destruction, you play it for the fun "messing around game". I got bored after a few days of playing it. I think if they added depth and a quality story this game would be amazing but for what it is you won't be disappointed. The map could have more detail and it would help the developers to take some notes fromI give it a 10/10 for what it is and how no other game is like it. Its complete destruction, you play it for the fun "messing around game". I got bored after a few days of playing it. I think if they added depth and a quality story this game would be amazing but for what it is you won't be disappointed. The map could have more detail and it would help the developers to take some notes from GTA but overall the game was fun. Expand
  53. Apr 12, 2016
    Una avalancha de diversion si lo tuyo es ir por los lugares buscando nuevas maneras de hacer locuras, de los pocos juegos que ofrecen un cierto grado de libertad destructiva, un buen apartado grafico y jugabilidad, obviamente no todo es bueno ya que este en su version de xbox one, y me parece que en sus demas plataformas, tiene un problema enorme en la hora de cargar, los tiempos de cargaUna avalancha de diversion si lo tuyo es ir por los lugares buscando nuevas maneras de hacer locuras, de los pocos juegos que ofrecen un cierto grado de libertad destructiva, un buen apartado grafico y jugabilidad, obviamente no todo es bueno ya que este en su version de xbox one, y me parece que en sus demas plataformas, tiene un problema enorme en la hora de cargar, los tiempos de carga son hasta ahora los mas largos que jamas habia visto desde hace ya tiempo, recuerdo que solo veia esto cuando tenia el Sega Saturno o el Sony Playstation original, tiempos de carga que pueden superar el minuto.

El juego ofrece una amplia variedad de vehiculos y armas, ademas de que tiene muchos easter eggs ocultos, por lo que habra que explorar cada rincon del juego para buscar sacar el jugo a todo el juego, por su lado de historia, el Just Cause jamas ha sido su fuerte, digo, yo me cagaba de risa en la entrega anterior cuando gritaban "por la gloria de panau" y ademas de que hablando de historia pues, bueno... es mas de lo mismo, pero al final este juego jamas ha sido ese el fuerte, el fuerte es que divierte y te mantiene pegado y buscando que cosas nuevas hacer. recomendado en sus diversas plataformas, independientemente de cual sea es buena, en este caso yo lo adquiri en la xbox one, pero aclaro que tengo tanto la consola de nintendo como de sony, pero no por eso las hace mejores creanme, lo importante es el factor diversion y que cumpla con su principal funcion, a jugar y a divertise se ha dicho, animo.
  54. Feb 26, 2019
    Just Cause 3 FINALLY manages to hit the mark it's previous installments never hit thanks to it's stunning visuals (EVEN IN 2019!), immersive world that you can spend hours upon hours liberating, and it's considerably more intriguing and cohesive (Though still ultimately irrelevant) narrative than it's predecessors Not only is this my favorite game in the franchise, it's one of my favoriteJust Cause 3 FINALLY manages to hit the mark it's previous installments never hit thanks to it's stunning visuals (EVEN IN 2019!), immersive world that you can spend hours upon hours liberating, and it's considerably more intriguing and cohesive (Though still ultimately irrelevant) narrative than it's predecessors Not only is this my favorite game in the franchise, it's one of my favorite games of all time. 9.5 / 10 Expand
  55. Oct 1, 2016
    Just cause 3 was a great time. Make no mistake, this game isn't deep or artistic. It simply exist so you can blow sh*t up, and that is all it needs to do. The story isn't too exciting and is very poorly paced. Some of the characters are fun though, and I like how it lets you explore the open world even if the next story mission is urgent.

The explosions were very fun, but the gunplay

The explosions were very fun, but the gunplay was a bit weak. They don't let you lock onto targets until you unlock the upgrade which was silly, but everything else worked great, included the vehicles which I had no problems with. The design of the bases were always unique and some of them quite large, making it a challenge but one that is always fun because the challenge is to blow stuff up without dying.

The graphics are pretty solid. For being such a large open world game, the draw distance isn't bad and the environments look good if not fantastic. Make no mistake, if you want perfect graphics you will need to play the PC version, and have a powerful PC at that. The framerate buckled sometimes, but only twice did it ever crash and only two other times did it get very low. While still not acceptable, it didn't affect my enjoyment of the game too much.

Overall, Just Cause 3 is a really solid game. Playing through the story and liberating the outpost will net you a few dozen hours, and if you found all of the collectibles like I did (which grant you new weapons and vehicles), it adds on another few hours. I would give this higher if it was more technically sound, but I still recommend it, especially because it should be low in price by now.
  56. Dec 3, 2016
    A very fun game that is good if you don't want to take things too seriously. Let's get into it:

Pros: -A variety of weapons, all of which are fun to use. -A huge variety of vehicles -Awesome destruction elements with cool looking explosions -Very nice graphics -A monster of a map size -Fun side activities to do -Very good use of the tether, parachute and the newly added wing

Pros:
    -A variety of weapons, all of which are fun to use.
    -A huge variety of vehicles
    -Awesome destruction elements with cool looking explosions
    -Very nice graphics
    -A monster of a map size
    -Fun side activities to do
    -Very good use of the tether, parachute and the newly added wing suit.

Pros/cons:
    -Story is ok. People who prefer serious stories (such as myself) may not enjoy it as much as those just looking for fun.
    -Main Villian is also ok.

Cons:
    -Can get repetitive towards the end
    -Some frame rate drops
    -A disappointing ending

In the end:
    Story: 7/10
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Overall: 8/10
  57. May 11, 2017
    Just Cause 2 avait ses bons moments mais ne faisait office que d'un défouloir en fin de compte très moyen sclérosé par une maniabilité déjà perfectible... 5 ans après, le Just Cause 3ème du nom n'a pas évolué d'un iota, car à part le grappin qui offre une mobilité intéressante, le personnage est incapable d'enjamber le moindre obstacle, d'escalader, de s'accroupir, de faire en somme toutJust Cause 2 avait ses bons moments mais ne faisait office que d'un défouloir en fin de compte très moyen sclérosé par une maniabilité déjà perfectible... 5 ans après, le Just Cause 3ème du nom n'a pas évolué d'un iota, car à part le grappin qui offre une mobilité intéressante, le personnage est incapable d'enjamber le moindre obstacle, d'escalader, de s'accroupir, de faire en somme tout ce qu'un bipède normal est en mesure d'effectuer.

Il ne sait pas non plus viser correctement, les pétoires tirant partout dans tous les sens sauf là où on veut qu'elles tirent : c'est quand même ballot. On manque en outre toujours de munitions : pour un jeu où on doit tout faire péter, c'est encore putain de ballot. L'absence de mini-carte est rédhibitoire et la maniabilité à chier est handicapée par une disposition des commandes particulièrement merdique.

Alors, on a de belles explosions certes mais on ne peut pas non plus tout détruire ; la prise des bases implique de désactiver des machins et de détruire des trucs en temps limité, tout le contraire de la philosophie d'un grand monde ouvert donc ! c'est débile et con.

La conduite des véhicules est aussi atroce, l'humour beauf est pénible et enfin techniquement parlant si le jeu n'est pas vilain, il rame sans arrêt et plombe encore davantage la jouabilité particulièrement délicate lorsque le jeu se promène régulièrement autour des 20 im/s : c'est programmé par des tanches.

La VF est tout de même sympathique, ainsi que la musique... Mais quelle douche froide que de tenter de jouer à un truc pareil près avoir retourné un Ghost Recon Wildlands ou même un Far Cry 3 ou 4 ! on tombe de haut pour finir dans une gigantesque fosse à purin vidéo-ludique ! c'est tout simplement une expérience terrifiante... à fuir à toute blinde !
  58. Feb 20, 2017
    Even if destroying all of Medici is funny, the story and the base are quickly boring. The journey are too long, with the vehicles or with the wingsuit. Also I'm always attacked by the army and when I use the wingsuit in the forest I'm hurting myself against the trees. Some of the activities are very harder than others. The game is still fun but it could be much better.
  59. Mar 27, 2017
    Just Cause 3 is a perfect game sure the story is not good but the developers said how you can have a serious story in the game where you don't take anything serious and I totally agree except for the story Just Cause 3 is a perfect game
  60. Nov 19, 2017
    At beginning this game is unplayable without DLCs especially without rocket wingsuit because travelling without that is terrible. Grappling with wingsuit is more about smashing into the ground than gaining a speed. Car controls are so bad and that camera make it even worse and also when you braking it wanna drift what is really annoying. Helicopters, planes and boats aren't so bad butAt beginning this game is unplayable without DLCs especially without rocket wingsuit because travelling without that is terrible. Grappling with wingsuit is more about smashing into the ground than gaining a speed. Car controls are so bad and that camera make it even worse and also when you braking it wanna drift what is really annoying. Helicopters, planes and boats aren't so bad but still nothing great. That is reason to use just rocket wingsuit. Sometimes there are big FPS drops. Then there are so much occupied stations and challenges. After while it is boring and also some challenges are almost impossible to beat at 5 gears. Expand
  61. Feb 3, 2019
    JC3 is head and shoulders above JC2, and that is saying alot, since I loved latter.

If you have played the second entry in the series, here are the things that it improves apon: + Graphics are great, and the location is sublime (with the rare case of FPS drag) + Gameplay (boom, boom, boom!, need i say more?!) There are so many ways to elimate your enemy or finish a task. I

+ Gameplay (boom, boom, boom!, need i say more?!) There are so many ways to elimate your enemy or finish a task. I actually liberated a military base without firing one shot!!
    + Sound effects, voice acting
    + Replayability (is that a word, sorry) This game makes you come back again and again even after you finished the campaign.

- No aiming of weapons.. (seriously i can't think of another negative thing)

I bought this brand new and so worth it.
  62. Aug 18, 2018
    "Just Cause 3" is an open-world action title that blends "Saints Row" with "Far Cry 3". Unfortunately, the terrible framerate kills the experience on Xbox One. The game literally reverts to slow-motion every time a huge explosion goes off. That's a real shame cause blowing up stuff is what you'll be doing most of the time. Gameplay is mindless fun, but can get repetitive as you liberate"Just Cause 3" is an open-world action title that blends "Saints Row" with "Far Cry 3". Unfortunately, the terrible framerate kills the experience on Xbox One. The game literally reverts to slow-motion every time a huge explosion goes off. That's a real shame cause blowing up stuff is what you'll be doing most of the time. Gameplay is mindless fun, but can get repetitive as you liberate towns all over the map. Thankfully, you can partake in numerous side-missions and challenges to break the monotony. And just like in GTA, you can use any vehicle to travel. However, gliding with your parachute/wingsuit combo is more enjoyable (once you master it). Overall, the game has plenty of action and activities to do. It's just too bad it gets bogged down with a chuggy framerate. I would rate this with a 7.4 out of 10. Expand
  63. Dec 30, 2018
    Keyif = 7
    Atmosfer = 7
    Süre = 6
  64. Jun 29, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just cause 3 is the game for pyromaniacs as every ten feet from you in all directions there is something to blow up or destroy you can spend hours exploding every bridge petrol station and tank the story may be lacking but it dose not disappoint and the dlcs are the cherry on top you think its fun blowing stuff up than try blowing stuff up in a MECH!!! that improves the experience by one hundred and ten percent so just cause three 12/10 Expand
  65. Aug 3, 2018
    This is the first Just Cause game I've ever played and really enjoyed it. The gunplay was nice. The explosions were awesome. The game world was breathtaking. The attention to detail in all aspects of the game were impressive. It is a game that I could define as 'rinse-n-repeat', but each province does get more difficult as you progress through. I just wish that there were multipleThis is the first Just Cause game I've ever played and really enjoyed it. The gunplay was nice. The explosions were awesome. The game world was breathtaking. The attention to detail in all aspects of the game were impressive. It is a game that I could define as 'rinse-n-repeat', but each province does get more difficult as you progress through. I just wish that there were multiple strategies to employ when assaulting a base or liberating at town other than just guns blazing. I did liberate all provinces, finished the story events and ultimately logged about 80 hours and do not regret any of it. I do recommend this game, it was a lot of mindless fun. Expand
  66. May 24, 2019
    It’s my friends favourite so I’m good review. Other than that the game is poooooppy
  67. Nov 23, 2018
    You blow stuff up. It's cool.
    -Maddison 2018
    ..............................
  68. Dec 25, 2018
    Good game buy 4 me, I do like de graphics and gameplay they are a no downgrade, I say good.
  69. Apr 30, 2019
    Great fun and will keep you entertained for hours if you like shooting things and blowing stuff up. It gives a good challenge and has many side missions which are also fun and different like races and flying through rings with a wing suit, well worth a try if you haven't played before

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 3, 2016
    Just Cause 3 entertains at first with its symphony of destruction, but becomes repetitive. [Jan 2016]
  2. Jan 9, 2016
    The lasting memories of Just Cause 3 will be the small moments where everything comes together to make the most insignificant action feel like a unique event. The fact that all of the mechanics work together so seamlessly is impressive, but the magic is fleeting.
  3. Jan 8, 2016
    Just Cause 3 is the game for you, so long as the game you’re looking for is almost exclusively about bending the laws of man, nature and physics until they break for comedic effect.