5.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 19, 2021
    This is the worst version of the game I've played in probably 12 years of owning the game. Basic features are broken, the menus are a DIASASTER, and there's bugs galore.

I kid you not, R.B.I. Baseball 21 will be superior to The Show by the middle of the decade, given how much is being added and fixed in MLBAM's game vs. how much The Show simply puts on Diamond Dynasty, while throwing away any care for the other modes, which is what the historian's gobble up. To first-timers of the Show, this is a nice addition to GamePass, but the controls, the sluggish framerates, and the amount of Legends REMOVED from last year's game are things you may not realize have changed since 20.

The create-a-player customization has actually LOST options over the years, and the visuals have not improved. Chalk most of this up to the fact that next-gen was released, but not available to every consumer readily.

Get RBI if you're gonna buy a fun baseball game this year, and rent this via GamePass.
  2. Apr 22, 2021
    It’s fine. The game feels kinds laggy and slow and the franchise mode didn’t really change. Rtts is super difficult this year as trying to raise your players overall could take literally years and for some reason getting called up takes forever. The servers are awful just like last year. If feels like the same game as the last few years tbh.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic Review

1. May 5, 2021
    MLB The Show 21 has done a good job of making not just the game, but baseball as a whole, a bit more approachable, but there is still a punishingly high difficulty curve.