6.0

1. May 14, 2019
    Rage 2 reminds me of a cross between the Avalanche Studios released Mad Max based on the films, which become a great game thanks in part to the gorgeous wasteland icreated for it with s splash of the borderlands series thrown in for good measure. I was expecting similarities in Mad Max because Rage is similarly inspired by Mad Max and created by the the same developer as Mad Max was.Rage 2 reminds me of a cross between the Avalanche Studios released Mad Max based on the films, which become a great game thanks in part to the gorgeous wasteland icreated for it with s splash of the borderlands series thrown in for good measure. I was expecting similarities in Mad Max because Rage is similarly inspired by Mad Max and created by the the same developer as Mad Max was. However Rage 2's world feels a little empty to me. There are a few gorgeous locations, and some nice differences in what’s there to traverse, but lacks somewhere in the quality I was expecting. I do like that it's a smaller, more detailed map rather than a giant, mostly empty space. The gunplay unfolds nice and chunky and weapons and diversity in the use of the skill trees available in the game are quite nice. Rage 2 will likely fill the hunger of any fan of the now franchise of Rage, but those like me who didn’t experience the 1st game or wasn’t a huge fan of the 1st game may still feel like they expected more overall. Don’t get me wrong Rage 2 get’s much more right than it get’s wrong but it didn’t live up to the ”hype” I was anticipating from what at many times is a beautiful smooth experience. In the end it get’s much more right than wrong and a despite my little complaints it’s a worthy addition to the Xbox One library. There’s so much to explore and no two play-throughs would unfold the same, so there is definitely something here for shooter fans of any sort. Expand
  2. May 18, 2019
    Rage 2 is a fun game until you are able to solidly upgrade you skills and powers and weapons, at which point it becomes a GREAT game. The lighting is amazing, the gamplay is a blast, there are some great physics in play if you pay attention, and the 60 fps on Xbox One X is rock solid.

This is a great game.
  3. May 18, 2019
    Great game fast paced gameplay and great driving easily best shooter of the year so far.
  4. Nov 13, 2019
    I feel compelled to review this, because it deserves more love. I'm 30 hours in. There was one day where it crashed a few times, but it's been all in all OK.

REALLY GOOD open world shooter. Combines elements of many super-solid games. Red Faction Guerrilla Far Cry 3,4,5,ND a pinch of Half Life 2 Mad Max Doom Borderlands I've had nothing but fun. Good shooting feel, and as

REALLY GOOD open world shooter. Combines elements of many super-solid games.

Red Faction Guerrilla
    Far Cry 3,4,5,ND
    a pinch of Half Life 2
    Mad Max
    Doom
    Borderlands

I've had nothing but fun. Good shooting feel, and as you progress, it works to Doom it and run around in bases and just keep moving while you wipe everybody out. Driving is fantastic (in the main car), and always fun. I want to power slide like this in real life. All of the open world locations are enjoyable (except for mutant bases), and I am only now starting to be ready to wrap the game up. I have done a LOT.

Good movement and jumping, good power abilities (that you can use or not). Honestly, not much in the way of negatives for me. I skip the movie crap and just play, man. Great game. Probably an 8.5 for me. Tons to do. Great, huge open world, and good environment variations.

I don't agree that it feels rushed. I think it feels pretty damn polished.
  5. May 16, 2019
    The Score is really a 7.5, but the the 10 is to fight with de angry crying reviewers.
    The Game has a fantastic gun play, a lot of areas to have fun making things explode an send people to the air.
    It lacks of narrative and story, and its a repetitive after 10 or 12 hours. But i can assure you, you will have fun, a lot of fun.
  6. May 16, 2019
    After 8 hours I must say that it isn’t as bad as they say. The action is superb and if you go the side mission track that I do there is much kill..

I rate it 7 but give it 10 to upset the trolls..
  7. May 14, 2019
    what is the deal with trolls giving this game bad reviews? I'm lazy so it's rare that I take the time to review a video game. I'm halfway through Rage 2, the game is fun as hell, whoever said the game is boring has not played this game. The graphics are beautiful, I enjoy the colors, the only bad point is there is no HDR, but the game still looks great and plays smooth. So ignore thewhat is the deal with trolls giving this game bad reviews? I'm lazy so it's rare that I take the time to review a video game. I'm halfway through Rage 2, the game is fun as hell, whoever said the game is boring has not played this game. The graphics are beautiful, I enjoy the colors, the only bad point is there is no HDR, but the game still looks great and plays smooth. So ignore the trolls, I'm enjoying this game so far, also I did play the original Rage Expand
  8. May 16, 2019
    Here’s the thing Rage 2 is a lot better than what people are making it out to be. It’s not Doom it’s not Mad Max it’s Rage 2. Yes, it is true the story is a bit shallow and so is the open world but that doesn’t constitute a bad game because it’s not. I’ve seen scores on this game as low as 3/10 which is ridiculous because this is a good game. If you’re wanting something to occupy your timeHere’s the thing Rage 2 is a lot better than what people are making it out to be. It’s not Doom it’s not Mad Max it’s Rage 2. Yes, it is true the story is a bit shallow and so is the open world but that doesn’t constitute a bad game because it’s not. I’ve seen scores on this game as low as 3/10 which is ridiculous because this is a good game. If you’re wanting something to occupy your time until Borderlands 3 comes out. Then by all means buy this it’s fun and engaging. If your looking for a ridiculously deep RPG then you may be a bit disappointed but they key word here is FUN, which Rage 2 definitely is. Expand
  9. Jun 21, 2019
    It's buggy and feels rushed. But it's the best FPS open world game I've ever played. Period. If you don't enjoy Rage 2, you have not given it the chance it deserves. The first few missions do not represent the whole game well. Simply phenomenal! If you don't like Rage 2, your telling Bethesda not to produce anything outside the box in the future. Give it more than an hour! It's seriouslyIt's buggy and feels rushed. But it's the best FPS open world game I've ever played. Period. If you don't enjoy Rage 2, you have not given it the chance it deserves. The first few missions do not represent the whole game well. Simply phenomenal! If you don't like Rage 2, your telling Bethesda not to produce anything outside the box in the future. Give it more than an hour! It's seriously gets amazing after it has time to open up. Expand
  10. May 28, 2019
    I also don't understand the low reviews and ratings. This game has been non stop fun and I feel game of the year so far. I need more Rage in my life.
  11. May 15, 2019
    Edit: Ok, like Crackdown 3 and all its bad reviews, this game is FUN. It's still the same open world formula you have played so much, clear the regions on the maps. GTA, Farcry, Watchdogs, Ghost Recon, Assassins Creed, Saints Row, Mad Max, Just Cause.... But, the Boss fights stand it aside from those games. It's way more than 10 hours of story.

Played on Xbox One X. I really hoped this

Played on Xbox One X. I really hoped this looked like the game in the previews, it's not. It looks worse than Generation Zero. The graphics in the world are often missing HD textures, woeful pop in, bad draw distance errors. Missmatched lighting, weird shadows. The ID software Fire and Doomesque Baddies look out of place, (but good) The cars are lifted from Avalanches Mad Max. The voice acting is good, but completely forgetable and cliched. The gun models are nice, looks like Doom. Overall the game "looks like a 360 game", more than any other accused of this so far (looking at you Crackdown 3). I enjoyed Mad Max, Just Cause 3, the first 10 hours of Gen Zero.... but Rage 2 is a weird one. This looks like the basics of this game were crafted as a sequel for Rage in 2011 for last gen.... or.. it's some other game changed to be Rage 2 later, was this Mad Max 2 in development? It's fun, I don't know if i'll finish it or refund it, and, WTF it looks nothing like the previews.
  12. May 18, 2019
    Score is more of a 7 or maybe a 8 for me, giving it a 10 to fight its bad user score rating.

Not sure why there is so much hate for Rage 2, the game offers everything it promised from the developer. If the game is boring then it's probably not for you, so why even bother rating it a 0 then? The open world is fun to explore, I found a lot to do in the world and I enjoyed the general

The open world is fun to explore, I found a lot to do in the world and I enjoyed the general exploration because everything is seamlessly done (no loading screens). It has that Far Cry taste regarding to enemy camps and base locations.

Gameplay is super fun for a shooter. Best to describe Rage 2 is that it is a blend of Bulletstorm, Doom & Mad Max (maybe a bit of Borderlands as well) but it does have its own unique style. If you like any of the above mentioned games, then you'll probably enjoy Rage 2 as well.

The story is okay, nothing new or reinventing in terms of storytelling. It is the basic shoot-kick-reload formula with a bit of story, Rage 2 is mostly about gameplay and I'm okay with that. All though the little background datapads offers interesting stories and I do like Rage's universe and it sets itself apart from all the other post-apocalyptic games/movies.

As for the minuses for me...

Disappointed that the game doesn't have HDR for a world that is so vibrant in colours. I do understand that it doesn't have 4k or 1440p for the 60fps sacrifice for the One X. I hope they will release a update in the future for HDR, that will make the game a solid 8 for me. Not sure if PC version has HDR, but I'll most likely replay Rage 2 on my PC as well just for that 1440p unlocked fps experience.

Another downside is that it feels like the game was made to please SJW's, even though the game is bloody gorey but the game does have a lot of female characters and most males are sexualised where the women aren't. Double standards much hey? Now I don't agree with sexualizing women in any format, but why did they even bother bringing sexual terms and characters if they didn't want to go all the way? Either or, Rage 2 has a lot of gender issues and I dislike it when modern politics play a part in my videogames. Just bring a option "SJW Friendly" in the game settings to please that 1% of our population.

In general, Rage 2 is a game that I'll probably finish a couple of times and again in the future. There isn't anything like Rage 2 and I'm glad that it exists.
  13. May 21, 2019
    The games is not bad. It looks ok but on xb1 X the textures should be better. The pink colourisation is certainly off putting but you get use to it. The sound is excellent and the gun feels great.

The game on hard mode is not a real challenge. The driving is average and just serves to get you from A to B. I don't really do the driving mission because compared to the gun fighting,

The game on hard mode is not a real challenge.
    The driving is average and just serves to get you from A to B. I don't really do the driving mission because compared to the gun fighting, it is distinctly below par. Where Rage does succeed, and very well, is in the gun play department. The gun fights are excellent and can be very tense, however, ramp up that hardness if you want a challenge.

The UI is surprisingly clunky, and overly complicated. It lacks smoothness and is just barely functional.
    The game is open world so you are free to chose your mission in the order you wish, which is great. however, most the mission are samey.

Whilst I appreciate the standards of gaming is high, this isn't a bad game, were just spoilt for great games at the moment. Whilst elements of the game are excellent, the overall package is not perfect in my opinion. But if you want carnage this game is as good as any in that department.
  14. May 25, 2019
    Great game like if doom had a baby with farcry. ,................. 10/10 .......
  15. May 19, 2019
    A 10 to counter the 0-bombs. Once the 0-bombs dissapear, I'll take this review and 10 score down to it's correct score of 8. I am adamant that 0-bombing games for other reasons than the quality of the game itself should be halted. The only way I can contribute to that is by doing the same thing but at the other side of the scale. metacritic's score system is dumb as well. Many, many gamesA 10 to counter the 0-bombs. Once the 0-bombs dissapear, I'll take this review and 10 score down to it's correct score of 8. I am adamant that 0-bombing games for other reasons than the quality of the game itself should be halted. The only way I can contribute to that is by doing the same thing but at the other side of the scale. metacritic's score system is dumb as well. Many, many games stay without score because they don't reach the necessary 4 reviews. This makes quick valueing of a game impossible. Changes that need to be made:-
    -Show the score from the get-go!
    -Make a written review mandatory for scores from 9 and up and certainly from 3 and down!
    Unless changes in the scoring system are made, sites like Metacritic will become untrustworthy and useless. One could certainly argue that that moment has already happened
  16. May 16, 2019
    While I personally think this game is an 8.5, I am giving it a 10 because of moron games journalists (like those at Polygon who can’t review a game without finding some faux social justice outrage to be pissy about; much like how it is impossible for a vegan to go 2 minutes without telling anyone they are a vegan) and user reviewing dumbasses like Lejbn who are 0-bombing this because “WhyWhile I personally think this game is an 8.5, I am giving it a 10 because of moron games journalists (like those at Polygon who can’t review a game without finding some faux social justice outrage to be pissy about; much like how it is impossible for a vegan to go 2 minutes without telling anyone they are a vegan) and user reviewing dumbasses like Lejbn who are 0-bombing this because “Why not?” to offset the low score.

Is the game perfect? Nope, not in the least. The vehicle controls can be a bit rough (here’s hoping there’s a patch coming to fix it), the open world can feel a bit empty (but then again not being bombarded every minute with some random encounter ala Red Dead Redemption 2 is nice), the story is meh much like the first game (but hey, DOOM 2016’s story was in the background and the DOOM Guy/DOOM Slayer only had one personality type, so if you can roll with that you can easily roll with this), and changing menus and moving the cursor on the map are a bit on the slow side (again like with vehicle controls hopefully this will be fixed with a patch).

What does work? The gunplay, weapons, and abilities are f*cking excellent as everyone (save those idiot 0-bombers) agrees on! Leveling up/upgrades definitely help one feel like they are progressing from some Post-Post Apocalypse Scab to a literal Wasteland Superhero/God! And the variety of locals, biomes, and set pieces definitely make it look better than a majority of the post apocalypse games what with their various shades of drab browns and even more drab grays.

So all in all a fun game that I guarantee you’ll be coming back to over and over again much like the Mad Max game (which too was crapped on by professional reviewers and the oddball 0-bomber).
  17. May 21, 2019
    IMO, this game is being under reviewed. The professional gaming journalists all jump on the same bandwagon from time to time, a lot of the user reviews follow suit, and then you have the guys who review without ever having played the game. It's a fine, fun game. It's not too easy, there's a difficulty setting option. There's plenty to do. The combat is fun and interesting. The gameIMO, this game is being under reviewed. The professional gaming journalists all jump on the same bandwagon from time to time, a lot of the user reviews follow suit, and then you have the guys who review without ever having played the game. It's a fine, fun game. It's not too easy, there's a difficulty setting option. There's plenty to do. The combat is fun and interesting. The game looks great. If you think you might like this game, you should try it. I'm very happy with it. Expand
  18. May 17, 2019
    One of the best shooters out there. Not the best open world to honest, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.
  19. May 20, 2019
    Best shooter game on consoles I ever played, the shooting mechanics are the best you can get playing on controller, story is okay, but this game main purpose is to make everything fun and relaxing which it handle greatly, would suggest this game if you looking for fun more than some interesting story
  20. Oct 21, 2019
    Je n'attendais pas ce Rage 2 avec enthousiasme mais plutôt une curiosité polie, ayant été très refroidi par le premier "épisode"... Et pourtant, après un début ma foi assez maladroit, le jeu déploie ses ailes et ses ambitions à l'issue de cette première mission : on a la bagnole, quelques pétoires... et tout un monde à faire péter devant nous !

Un monde ouvert fort bien fait, nettement

Un monde ouvert fort bien fait, nettement inspiré des meilleurs Far Cry d'Ubi Soft mais avec la touche "Mad Max" en plus... et surtout la touche iD Software : la grosse baston à la Doom 2016 en somme mais agrémentée de pouvoirs (très rigolos) et sans la nécessité de se soigner avec des beignes au corps-à-corps. En vérité, les possibilités sont très riches au fur et à mesure qu'on débloque moult compétences et autres **** "plus" qui nous facilitent le massacre à une cadence industrielle...

Rage 2 ne fait pas dans la dentelle, il fait, que dis-je, il excelle dans la destruction et le déluge de feu pour nettoyer, décrasser en profondeur toute la vermine du "wasteland"... avec un second degré très bienvenu et toute une ambiance survoltée, exagérée et souvent drolatique ! l'excellente VF permet d'apprécier ce côté "série B" qui ne se pose pas de questions mais va droit au but. Avec le lance-roquettes. Surtout que le héros -ou l'héroïne- parle, contrairement aux Far Cry !

Les phases en véhicules sont très réussies également et le "phénix", notre carrosse personnel dont on peut améliorer les capacités -aussi- est doté d'une... forte personnalité... D'autres véhicules plus ou moins brutaux et offensifs sont également débloquables tandis qu'on se balade et qu'on fait le ménage... Une mention spéciale pour les "convois" -optionnels- qu'on prend plaisir à dézinguer de façon très mad & furious, d'ailleurs.

Si le jeu a quelques défauts, ce sera un peu sa répétition et sa campagne un peu courte finalement... ainsi que sa musique plutôt ratée, ses menus perfectibles et quelques bugs mais rien de bien méchant. Nul besoin de farmer quoi que ce soit en tout cas, il suffit de parcourir la carte et jouer normalement comme dans tout monde ouvert bien équilibré qui se respecte, et ça c'est très appréciable. On sent son personnage évoluer et devenir la terreur enragée (ah l'overdrive !) dans ce monde de tarés, et ça aussi, c'est très appréciable.

Sur la X, on a droit à du 60 im/s qui tient très bien la route même si c'est seulement du 1080 ; de rares textures sont étonnamment vilaines mais le jeu se signale par son bon goût de post-apocalypse (à part les fumigènes roses...) bien délabrée et déjantée. Les effets sonores sont impeccables et participent à cette furie des combats.

Excellente surprise donc que ce Rage 2 : drôle, furieux, très amusant... un Doom open-bar à ciel ouvert et libre comme l'air. Basique mais réjouissant, exacerbé mais ironique. Simplet mais généreux : du pur gros jeu vidéo en somme.
  21. May 20, 2019
    This game is excellent. The gun play is fantastic. Probably the best about the game. It feels chunky, in a good way. when you spray down the enemy you feel satisfied with each shot. Some of the best fps gun play i ever experienced. There is plenty to do before even starting the main story. This game is not for the story but definitely for the gun play. I'm fine with what i have seen of theThis game is excellent. The gun play is fantastic. Probably the best about the game. It feels chunky, in a good way. when you spray down the enemy you feel satisfied with each shot. Some of the best fps gun play i ever experienced. There is plenty to do before even starting the main story. This game is not for the story but definitely for the gun play. I'm fine with what i have seen of the story. The game is perfect for difficulty. Normal mode is not too easy and not too hard. The only gripe i would say is that the driving controls take a little of getting use too. I love the fact that when driving around you run into road blocks in areas you already been too, so it is a surprise. The story is not very long but neither was doom and that game was just as awesome. It is a solid 9 to me but ill give it a 10 cause i believe it deserves a better score. Expand
  22. Jun 1, 2019
    What happens if you take Mad Max and mix it with Doom (2016) you will get Rage 2. This is a lot of fun without it ever feeling like it was too much game. I wish more games would go back to the 12 hour story and have a bunch of side stuff mixed in. The story of Rage 2 is drastically better than Rage mainly because I actually knew what the hell was going on. The combat is brutal and fastWhat happens if you take Mad Max and mix it with Doom (2016) you will get Rage 2. This is a lot of fun without it ever feeling like it was too much game. I wish more games would go back to the 12 hour story and have a bunch of side stuff mixed in. The story of Rage 2 is drastically better than Rage mainly because I actually knew what the hell was going on. The combat is brutal and fast pace. It felt so good each time I got a head shot or blew some poor guy up. The only tedious thing was the lack of fast travel, but I eventually found a way around that. This game doesn't take itself too serious it is just a fun time to be had. I give this a FULL PRICE to be sure. Expand
  23. May 17, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game great story, great free play, and it's a great RPG/Shooter if you like any of the single player fallout titles you will love this game. great characters like the main bad guys the Authority and it's leader General Cross who the main story is about talking down. My favorite character you find in mayor Hagar from Wellspring. Expand
  24. Nov 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juego de mundo abierto con un buen portento gráfico con físicas bastantes decentes para ser un juego de foto realismo,variedad de armas y estrategias de combate combate contra jefes variados,personalización,mundo inmersivo con todo lo que pasa a tu alrededor y también es un juego muy llamativo estéticamente hablando Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2019
    10 to counter the 0. Honest review 8.7. Great game, on my second Playthrough in the nightmare difficult I had a blast. Everything is useful in the game and fun to unlock. People saying that the world is empty didn't play the game at all, because that is false and a lie .
  26. May 16, 2019
    It's a mad max, doom and farcry amalgamation, combat is great fun although even on hard mode it's not challenging most the time, most of the hard bits you will have to search for with little reward apart from the enjoyment of a tricky boss or group of shrouded. Although Bethesda had nothing to do with the developement it is published by them so you expect bugs and it doesn't dissappointIt's a mad max, doom and farcry amalgamation, combat is great fun although even on hard mode it's not challenging most the time, most of the hard bits you will have to search for with little reward apart from the enjoyment of a tricky boss or group of shrouded. Although Bethesda had nothing to do with the developement it is published by them so you expect bugs and it doesn't dissappoint with enemies stuck running into walls or thin air and you getting stuck in a car where the only option is saving and reloading plus you can expect ripoff dlc in the future. Graphics are not great but not bad either. Best weapon in game assault rifle, when do you get it ? right at the start so there is little point gathering other weapons or upgrading them. Vehicles, promo says if you can see it you can drive it, I've seen plenty of boats cant drive any so far, you start with the phoenix arguably the best land vehicle in game so really no point gathering others. Yes it's open world but as with nearly all open world games it just makes things easier and a bit of a drudge from one action spot to the next, searching for that last storage chest just so location shows as complete on map can be very frustrating where sometimes you think it's a lie and not there at all ( just a waste of your time ) This can be aided by spending a lot of perks in search & recover but unless you're going for 100% completion a bit pointless. This game is far from perfect and seems a bit rushed probably down to Bethesda forcing ID and Avalanche to release it to compensate them losing money on fallout 76 and whatever other garbage that company makes. If you go for the main questline right from the start you will miss much of the content and end up with a really short game. Sounds like I'm slating it but as FPS it's great fun but everything else around it is poor. The characters you meet are quickly forgettable to the point you will skip every conversation due to it just being painful to listen too.
    Anyway if you want a FPS then you will have a great time here, but if you're looking for a great open world game then this is not it, maybe replay a GTA game or Red Dead 2 as these are the definition of a great openworld game.
  27. May 16, 2019
    People giving this gaming a 0 or 1 are basically saying this game is unplayable (Fallout 76). The fun factor for this game is a 10 for me especially the combat. This game loses a point for its weak story and empty open world however I didn't buy this game for its story. I bought this game for its style and unique combat
  28. May 16, 2019
    To me I am having a great time with the game the story could be better but the combat is amazing and for most people is a game to hold them over until borderlands 3 comes out and it does just that it is not a game to criticize for its story because the game wasn’t made to have a great story the game was made to just mess around I love the game and you should too
  29. May 16, 2019
    A couple of bugs need to get fixed, but overall this is a game that is fun to shoot and blow up stuff. If you’re looking for a story this game isn’t it, but if you want to murder everything in a hundred different ways, this game is it.
  30. Sep 19, 2019
    Great game, smooth on xbox one x, good graphics and fanny gameplay. Recomend if you are a id software fan.
  31. Sep 7, 2019
    Just a good shooter nothing more into it, but it a little repeat should have more variety
  32. Sep 8, 2019
    Thanks ID SOFTWARE and Avalache studios! Is very cool game)) Its amazing gameplay!
  33. Jan 29, 2020
    O jogo se passa no futuro e em um cenário pós apocalíptico. Um jogo em que na minha opinião é bom, é o primeiro FPS Hack and Slash que já joguei, você vai conquistando habilidades novas em lugares chamados como arcas e essas habilidades podem ser muito úteis nas batalhas

Mixed or average reviews - based on 21 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 8, 2019
    A solid FPS that delivers on the shooting, but fails to provide much else worth doing. [Issue#179, p.75]
    With super-satisfying combat and an ever-growing arsenal of weapons, powers and abilities, Rage 2 is one of the best-feeling singleplayer shooters around. Its inconsistent tone, ho-hum story and uninspired open world missions keep if from achieving true greatness, but it never stops being a whole lot of fun in the moment.
  3. May 29, 2019
    RAGE 2 is a game that is easy to recommend to people who like and are in search of good open world shooters. A masterpiece it is not, but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth playing. Although it’s not as great as I was hoping, I enjoyed my time with this sequel and am glad that I played it. It might not be a masterpiece, but it’s a fun way to spend ten or twelve hours.