4.2

1. Jul 8, 2018
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Red Faction: Guerrilla back in 2009 and it was without a doubt one of my favourite game’s that year. I think the main reason why I enjoyed it so much is because it wasn’t like other game’s and it definitely offered quite a lot of uniqueness throughout its very good open-world. It didn’t however get the justice it deserved back in 2009 so when I found outI thoroughly enjoyed my time with Red Faction: Guerrilla back in 2009 and it was without a doubt one of my favourite game’s that year. I think the main reason why I enjoyed it so much is because it wasn’t like other game’s and it definitely offered quite a lot of uniqueness throughout its very good open-world. It didn’t however get the justice it deserved back in 2009 so when I found out it was getting remastered I must admit I was a little surprised. That being said I’m glad it did get remastered because it means people who haven’t played it before can enjoy what this game has to offer, and trust me it has plenty to offer. In terms of content the game has a huge amount for you to sink your teeth into and I was very pleased to see that all the DLC was included in this nice little package. You’ll be pleased to know then that the content is as fun as ever and if you played the original game you will once again be satisfied with the gameplay because blowing things up still feels exhilarating. Unfortunately though you will have to deal with quite a few technichal issues along the way and in my opinion a patch is definitely needed because the issues can impact on your immersive experience every now and then. Fortunately though I was able to look past these issues in the end and that’s mainly down to the missions you can undertake in the game. Each mission in the game has a decent amount of variety present in them and I really liked being able to complete certain missions how I wanted to complete them. Another thing I was impressed with is how challenging the AI is. The AI can be a real pain at times but that just made me more determined to defeat the enemies in the game and the best thing is that defeating them always felt satisfying and rewarding. You will however have to get used to the game’s shooting mechanics because this mechanic feels quite dated and for the most part this makes them feel a little awkward which can be problematic at times. One of my favourite aspects of the game is the significant improvents that have been made to the game’s presentation. Both the visuals and sound design have seen quite a lot of improvement and in a way it makes it have more of a modern feel which in turn makes the game even more immersive. At the end of the day Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered is a pretty decent remaster and even if you played the game back in 2009 I still recommend that you purchase the game again because it has enough improvents to warrant another purchase. If you’ve never played the game before then I recommend that you play this version of it because when it’s all said and done it does enough to be good competition to today’s modern offerings. Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2018
    I loved this game when it was released but I don't notice a huge difference in graphical quality. If you've still got the original then there's no reason not to fire it up on the old X360.

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 18, 2018
    A delightful, violent sandbox occasionally hobbled by so-so missions. [Sept 2018, p.84]
  2. Aug 2, 2018
    Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered brings back the best destruction in gaming. It also opens the door for another game in the series. Let’s hope Volition remembers what made this game so great and doesn’t go the way of its actual sequel Armageddon. That featured more linear progression and not nearly as much destruction. This was a great step into the past and thankfully the things that made it great still hold up today.
  3. Aug 1, 2018
    Red Faction: Guerilla Re-MARS-tered is a fun distraction if you want to turn off your brain, but don’t let the title fool you, this is as shallow as a remaster comes, as it’s simply a new thin coat of paint on top of the same experience we had almost a decade ago. There’s no need to play again if you’ve already have, but it’s an entertaining experience to destroy everything in sight if you haven’t.