8.1

1. Dec 11, 2019
    Terminator Resistance takes place about thirty years after the Last Judgment, in the midst of a war against the machines whose two first films of the saga we are quickly talking about. We find ourselves in the shoes of Jacob Rivers, a resistance soldier led by John Connor in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. Machines control the streets and few people are able to survive the tyranny ofTerminator Resistance takes place about thirty years after the Last Judgment, in the midst of a war against the machines whose two first films of the saga we are quickly talking about. We find ourselves in the shoes of Jacob Rivers, a resistance soldier led by John Connor in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. Machines control the streets and few people are able to survive the tyranny of Skynet, forcing the few survivors to meet and try to organize the response at the instigation of some soldiers who still believe. With its neat atmosphere and close to the movies, this is the only good thing that we recognize at Terminator Resistance. The result is not really convincing. We are thrown into fairly open levels in which we have the opportunity to complete quests and secondary objectives while making sure to get rid of the robots that hang around the city or on the contrary to dodge them taking advantage of the stupidity of AI for to hide. You will also be able to use decoys to distract from the kind of four-legged vacuums that wake up to electrocute you if you get too close to them ... And you'll have fun, too, by hacking the enemy cannons, it's always better than facing them with live ammunition! Terminator Resistance is a good game, which holds the road according to us, but on the other hand displays a strong price at its release. This is not given for a game that will be completed quickly (about 12 hours for the main adventure) and, while still interesting, does not bring much more than what currently exists on the shelves for the Xbox One already despite being a huge fan of the Terminator series. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2020
    If you enjoy Terminator 1 and 2 movie this is your game. This is that sort of games where the ambientation, the story and the feeling are the main protagonist.
    NO this is not AAA studio game is more like an indie, so do not expect greats voice acting or animation. So one that this is settled down you will realize that this game is awesome.
    So.. Long story short this is a big franchise
    So.. Long story short this is a big franchise game made by a small studio that managed a great result, totally recommend.
  3. Jun 6, 2020
    i gave it a 8/10. i would have given it a 8.5/10 if i had the choice. at first it seemed a little dull. but with the weapon choices, story line and battle it was really fun. i hope they make another one. they could have made it longer. but for $40 you can't go wrong. I buy almost all shooter games and this was a lot of fun. better than most shooter games. the 55 rating by the critics isi gave it a 8/10. i would have given it a 8.5/10 if i had the choice. at first it seemed a little dull. but with the weapon choices, story line and battle it was really fun. i hope they make another one. they could have made it longer. but for $40 you can't go wrong. I buy almost all shooter games and this was a lot of fun. better than most shooter games. the 55 rating by the critics is way off. they are usually about 20 points over the general public rating (if you remove the decimal point). you won't be disappointed if you get it. Expand
  4. Jun 29, 2020
    tl;dr: a actually good terminator game, wtf.

there is something special with the terminator franchise for kids born in the late 80ies, who grew up with the movies on vhs. something all the movies since T2 failed to capture...until now. As I sat there as a kid, watching the short future war sequence, I always wanted there to be...more. Sadly, it took more than 20 years to deliver.
    tl;dr: a actually good terminator game, wtf.

Sadly, it took more than 20 years to deliver. But as I started the game, and heard the still awesome soundtrack, it finally arrived. It's hard to describe how I felt inside, once I had to hide from the first T800, with that pumping machine drone sound in the background and with a completely useless weapon in my hand.

Later in the game, you reach a resistance hideout and it looked so...right. I instantly started to look for a burning tv set...and I found it...I was finally there....*tears up*

Still, if you want to be really honest, this is a just-above-mediocre oldschool shooter. The KI isn't good, and the animations of the non-terminator npcs look quite clunky, but I don't care. This is what I always wanted, since Kyle Reese told me about the dogs.

7/10 for pure gameplay
    11/10 for any oldschool terminator fan.
  5. Dec 27, 2019
    I will never say this is the best game I've ever played. But it is nowhere near the worst.

The music, the sounds, the look everything immerses you in the Terminator universe. And while it isn't up to some games standards in terms of graphics and visuals. It does a good enough job for them.

Playing this game does truly hit something in the hearts of Terminator fans.
  6. Jan 17, 2020
    If you’re a Terminator fan, then this is a must , enough said. Just have fun. and support these developers.
  7. Jan 21, 2020
    If you enjoy Terminator 1 and 2 you'll enjoy this game. I feel that if this game was released on either Xbox 360 or PS3 it would've done extremely well. You need to go into this game with an open mind. What helps me is to think of the game as an HD remake of a good Terminator game that would've been released on Xbox 360 or PS3. I decided to purchase my game at full price to helpIf you enjoy Terminator 1 and 2 you'll enjoy this game. I feel that if this game was released on either Xbox 360 or PS3 it would've done extremely well. You need to go into this game with an open mind. What helps me is to think of the game as an HD remake of a good Terminator game that would've been released on Xbox 360 or PS3. I decided to purchase my game at full price to help support the development team behind this game. I believe that if they had a larger budget they could've produced something more next-gen feeling. I hope this game gets enough support to allow this developer more resources to create the best next-gen Terminator game. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2020
    If you love the future war scene from the first two terminator movies this game is for you nothing special just a decent first person shooter with an awesome backdrop an good story what the third movie should have been

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 17, 2019
    The Terminator branding is mostly relegated towards the setting and a couple of characters; sadly not a single actor from the series lends their likeness or voice to add any authenticity. One of the few infiltration Terminators seen is designed as a generic looking muscle guy who looks and sounds nothing like Arnold Schwarzenegger despite his outfit being an obvious homage to the first film. Without Terminator aesthetics, this would have been a forgettable and generic action game. More than just being really easy, Terminator: Resistance is also very short. Even when completing most of the side-quests, expect to negotiate the entire experience in less than 10 hours.
  2. Nov 29, 2019
    Terminator: Resistance could be a much better game both graphically and technically in general. Still, it has high doses of fun.
  3. Nov 26, 2019
    Terminator: Resistance on Xbox One does nothing to create an identity for itself. Much like the machines in the game, the whole campaign feels manufactured using resources from other games that did it better – five years ago.