6.7

1. Dec 8, 2018
    The presentation side of the game hits all of the right notes and both the visuals and sound design do a wonderful job of creating a very immersive experience. I was very impressed with the story that was present in the game because it hooked me right from the start and remained interesting throughout.
    As far as card games go this is up there with the very best because it never seems to get full due to the variety that’s present in each game. There are choices you have to make during some sequences and these choices actually feel like they matter in the grand scheme of things. Once you get used to puzzle battles you realize quite quickly how clever some of the situations are and once completed you get a great sense of achievement. There’s a ton of unique mechanics in play at the same time which combine together flawlessly for the most part. The tutorial that’s in the game lacks in terms of depth so you don’t feel fully confident when you first start out. I really enjoy the Witcher franchise and I really like Gwent as well so for me Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales was a match made in heaven. Thankfully it doesn’t disappoint as well and while it doesn’t have the same amount of depth as a full blown Witcher title it equally feels important and enjoyable throughout. I must admit now that I didn’t expect the story to be as profound and interesting as it was here and the choices you had to make not only mattered but they also made the story matter even more as well. As far as the gameplay goes if you like Gwent then you will thoroughly enjoy what this game has to offer. The first thing you’ll notice about the gameplay is just how much variety it has and being able to craft cards means no game ever plays out the same way. If that isn’t enough for you there are also special puzzle battles as well where you have to do unique instructions to complete a specific battle and for me these battles make the game stand out even more. At the end of the day then Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales gets a massive recommendation from me because it has a number of mechanics that work together flawlessly and if you like the Witcher series you’ll be pleased to know that they’ve done justice to the series with this game. Thumbs up!
  2. Dec 6, 2018
    Are you a fan of the Witcher Series? Are you a fan of gwent? If the answer is yes, buy that game! You should know that this isn't a typical RPG like The Witcher 3 but it gives you an intense Story from the Witcher-Lore with superb detailed graphics (looks like its drawn by hand). The fights in this game are Gwent-Battles. You can improve your Deck by crafting new Cards or just play theAre you a fan of the Witcher Series? Are you a fan of gwent? If the answer is yes, buy that game! You should know that this isn't a typical RPG like The Witcher 3 but it gives you an intense Story from the Witcher-Lore with superb detailed graphics (looks like its drawn by hand). The fights in this game are Gwent-Battles. You can improve your Deck by crafting new Cards or just play the Story to "earn" new cards. You can find Loot (wood, gold, soldiers) to craft cards or improve your Base-Camp. To add a little excitement CD Projekt Red put "riddles" in the game. These are gwent battles with special rules and can only be won if you reach one exact goal. Totally funny and sometimes really tricky!

All-in-all Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a must have for every The Witcher fan and everyone who loves to play "Card-Battle-Games". The Battle-System with Gwent makes sense and is something different than just a multiplayer-battle.
  3. Feb 13, 2019
    Очень хорошая игра и расширение вселенной.
  4. Apr 7, 2019
    While I expected a standard Gwent experience with a nice story, Thronebreaker delivers above and beyond. For a Witcher fan, it is really enjoyable to discover a new side of the North-Nilfgaard-Scoia'tael conflict, this time from the PoV of the most badass queen of the North, who will often have to choose "the lesser evil" in her journey to defeat Nilfgaard.
    From a game mechanics
    From a game mechanics perspective, developers oviously put much effort into trying to keep things interesting, with a lot of engaging puzzles.
  5. Feb 15, 2019
    Great game so far, best card game I played. The gameplay is simple the graphics are beautiful and the story was engaging and phenomenal. If you don't like the card battle system you should still buy it for the story, quests and lore.
  6. Jun 23, 2020
    Najlepsza gra RPG, która grałem ma swoje niedociągnięcia jednak w morzu plusów giną one jest wiele smaczków na fanów serii Wiedźmin. Moża również zobaczyć jak wygląda historia innej postaci w uniweraium wiedzmina niż tylko Geralta z Rivii.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Feb 27, 2019
    A charming and atmospheric RPG, with varied by underwhelming card battles.
  2. Jan 14, 2019
    Thronebreaker is a great add on to The Witcher franchise, and it blends in a very unique way with the other games.
  3. Jan 9, 2019
    CD Projekt RED is known for their quality and superb games, and this is no different with Thronebreaker, aside from performance issues. Even as a standalone separate experience from the core Witcher games, Thronebreaker is a great diversion if you’re looking for a deep and challenging card/RPG title, even giving you the option to skip the card portion completely if you wish, allowing for more people to enjoy it how they wish.