8.2

1. Oct 8, 2019
    The Trine series first made an appearance in 2009 and even though the third game in the series failed to deliver in many ways, Trine as a franchise is very good to say the least. Each game including the disappointing third instalment has an abundance of charm running throughout them and this charm is what made me fall in love with Trine in the first place. I was hoping then that Trine 4:The Trine series first made an appearance in 2009 and even though the third game in the series failed to deliver in many ways, Trine as a franchise is very good to say the least. Each game including the disappointing third instalment has an abundance of charm running throughout them and this charm is what made me fall in love with Trine in the first place. I was hoping then that Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince would carry on this tradition and after sinking a few hours into this game it became quite clear that it does indeed carry on the same tradition and then some. In fact I would go as far to say that Trine 4 may very well be the best in the series so far because not only is it fun to play but it also has done the difficult job of correcting what mistakes the third game made, which in turn makes the game even more impressive than it already is. The Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is the best in the series so far. The story in each of the games has always been good but this time around I feel that the story is much more immersive and no matter how long I played I always wanted to see more. You’ll be pleased to know then that there is lots to see and do as well and I have no doubt that the many creative and challenging puzzles that are present will keep you satisfied for many hours. Speaking about the puzzles I often found these to be very rewarding to complete because without a doubt this game features the most varied puzzles out of the whole series. This in turn then makes the gameplay very compelling and when you factor in the beautiful visuals and sound design you’ll find it very difficult to put the game down. As I mentioned previously the third game in the series was disappointing so what mistakes did Trine 4 correct and were there any improvements made? For a start the controls feel much more responsive this time around and the awkwardness in the previous game has definitely been removed in Trine 4. The combat elements whilst not being completely perfect also feel much more refined and this meant that whenever I got involved in the combat sequences I often enjoyed them instead of becoming frustrated by them. Without a doubt though the biggest improvement and corrected mistake this game has managed to achieve is that it has managed to bring back the series to where it belongs and that is a fun and enchanting adventure with charm dotted in all areas and that’s great because I thought we would never see that again after the third game. Thankfully Trine 4 doesn’t get too much wrong but it does get a couple of things not quite right. One of the things it does get wrong though can be sorted quite easily because the technical issues it suffers with aren’t too profound so I’m sure a couple of patches will be able to eliminate this. My biggest gripe with the game though is that switching characters often doesn’t feel as smooth as it should which did cause me a few problems. This is a shame as well because other than this issue the controls hold up in other areas extremely well. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince has made this wonderful franchise rise once again and I’m sure fans of these games will definitely be rejoicing. You don’t have to know about the previous games to enjoy Trine 4 either because I’m sure many people who don’t know about these games will definitely fall in love with this game. Yes it isn’t perfect and it does have a few teething problems but when it’s all said and done it just gets so much right that you don’t focus on the little issues and instead all you end up focusing on is the fantastic puzzles and charming world Trine 4 takes place in on your Xbox One console. Expand

1. Oct 17, 2019
    Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is a welcome return for the franchise. It’s arguably the best entry to date thanks to creative level design, gorgeous landscapes and excellent multiplayer. It may not be a new take on the formula like some expected, but considering the last time Frozenbyte tried that, perhaps this is for the best.
  2. Oct 14, 2019
    Its puzzles are both simple and clever, opening it up to a wider audience, but switching between characters in order to use different abilities tends to be more frustrating than not.
  3. Oct 10, 2019
    The Nightmare Prince brings us a good platform game with colourful levels and interesting puzzles. Perfect for all audiences, especially for those who like to play in coop mode.