7.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Aug 30, 2020
    Good game but released in an unfinished state. Constant crashing. Do not buy before bugs and Hard crashing is fixed if you do not want to pull your hair out every 30 minutes. Cannot give higher score to an unworking product unfortunately.
  2. Aug 30, 2020
    The actual game is great, but people might want to wait (this is for the Xbox version, not sure how PC/PS4 impacted) to play this as the game is often unplayable due to numerous and unpredictable crashes. You can put Autosave for every five minutes to remedy this situation a little, but it's still unacceptable that a developer would release a game without play testing enough to clearlyThe actual game is great, but people might want to wait (this is for the Xbox version, not sure how PC/PS4 impacted) to play this as the game is often unplayable due to numerous and unpredictable crashes. You can put Autosave for every five minutes to remedy this situation a little, but it's still unacceptable that a developer would release a game without play testing enough to clearly see this would be an issue. It's clear they lazily - or perhaps did no real testing - tested Xbox plays to have this level of instability with a release or simply didn't care and wanted it out by the release date even if broken. It's not Fallout 76 bad because the issues aren't as severe, and the game is pretty good in my play so far, but this is very unacceptable having these issues. Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2020
    The gae is great but is completely ruined by the constant crashing and lack of saving. You better make sure you quicksave regularly because the game will crash at any time and set you back hours if your not careful. They need to fix this issue asap
  4. Aug 29, 2020
    This should be an 8+ game, but right now it is a broken, buggy, constantly-crashing mess. I will update this review if/when it is fixed. I hope that is soon as I would love to play it for more than an hour at a time.
  5. Aug 29, 2020
    Broken and almost unplayable. Constant crashes. To many bugs to list. Very disappointed. Gets a zero, and I got it for free with game pass. That fact does not soften this hard nutty turd of a game.
  6. Sep 1, 2020
    The game consistently crashes on Xbox One S. Even with auto saves turned off opening the menu can cause a crash about thirty percent of the time. There's also bugs that change the stats of rangers you remove from your party and bring back in. Upon returning them to the squad they can suffer negative attributes and skill changes. There's also a consistent bug when navigating the inventoryThe game consistently crashes on Xbox One S. Even with auto saves turned off opening the menu can cause a crash about thirty percent of the time. There's also bugs that change the stats of rangers you remove from your party and bring back in. Upon returning them to the squad they can suffer negative attributes and skill changes. There's also a consistent bug when navigating the inventory that your cursor can vanish entirely. Its a shame. Seems like a great game and I want to enjoy it but all these bugs make it frustrating. Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2020
    Would be such a great game if I could play without crashing every 5 or so minutes if I'm lucky.
  8. Aug 31, 2020
    My issues: - Constant hard crashes when scrolling through menus - horrendously optimized for system 1-3 minute load times! - game breaking bug where companions abandon me for no reason ie. after random encounters with monsters or being attacked by bandits Don’t buy this broken buggy **** of code masquerading as a video game
  9. Sep 4, 2020
    Wasteland 3 is not a bad game, but the crashes are so consistent that it ruins the fun. $60 for a game this broken and low budget looking is outrageous and I hope everyone who made the mistake of buying it will demand a refund.

Edit: the patch (1.1.0) did not fix the constant crashing at all. The developers’ suggestion to turn off auto-save to fix the constant crashing did not fix the constant crashing at all.
  10. Sep 2, 2020
    I have better name for this game: Crashland 3.
    Game crash every 15min :/ No matter - if you are shoping or fighting. And after crash - you must wait 2min after game will load again...
  11. Sep 5, 2020
    It seems like a good game interesting game if only I could make some progress before it crashes. I have been thru about 25 crashes now over 10 hours or so. I just finished "Full House" and can't complete a fight at my base without my game crashing.
  12. Aug 31, 2020
    Not 50 seconds into this game and you are treated to the extreme low budget effort and a complete half arsed effort. After like 15 minutes of loading you get to the character select screen and your eyes melt. Almost all the character look like either Burn Victims or Been String Victims. They are offensive to look at. These are not humans, even this early in the game and the game is clearlyNot 50 seconds into this game and you are treated to the extreme low budget effort and a complete half arsed effort. After like 15 minutes of loading you get to the character select screen and your eyes melt. Almost all the character look like either Burn Victims or Been String Victims. They are offensive to look at. These are not humans, even this early in the game and the game is clearly made my armatures.
    I played a good 2 hours of it and it the same old affair, ive played heaps of this game and it does nothing new, Only original aspect is the fact it was released full of bugs and glitches, I am not going to list any, because I would be here all day. Was waiting month for this on Game Pass, I have downloaded it like a dozen times and its still buggy at launch,
  13. Sep 7, 2020
    Another unfinished and buggy game from a newly Microsoft owned studio. Wait another half year if they fix the numerous bugs and glitches.
  14. Sep 5, 2020
    Very boring story.
    Very boring times.
    Very boring background.
    In a word, no fun game
  15. Sep 3, 2021
    The previous Wasteland was a pretty good tactical rpg. It was a bit like playing the classic Fallout games again. Wasteland 3 however is a very poor example of how to make a sequel to a good game. Terrible starting character and very poor writing make this one for the bargain bin. The graphics are decent and the sound is fine but the numerous bugs and bland story just make this aThe previous Wasteland was a pretty good tactical rpg. It was a bit like playing the classic Fallout games again. Wasteland 3 however is a very poor example of how to make a sequel to a good game. Terrible starting character and very poor writing make this one for the bargain bin. The graphics are decent and the sound is fine but the numerous bugs and bland story just make this a frustrating experience. Expand
  16. Aug 30, 2020
    Needs too much work. I'm trying to enjoy it but it's got issues. Playing on Xbox one with ssd. Game crashes often, the load times for what is let's be honest a bland looking game, way too long, I gotta sit up to a min between areas...why!?? Very poorly optimized.
    Inventory management is annoying asf.
    Inventory management is annoying asf.
    The story and narrative is good as always, has it moments, not the fan of some new armors but the customization has improved a lot. Will update if they ever fix the issues.
    Updated. Had to lower it even more to 2, the crashes are annoying ASF, the load times are unbearable and it seems the ms store is hiding reviews as they are not visible at all on Xbox store...smdh
  17. Sep 20, 2020
    I am amazed that the overall reception to this game is so positive. Did game pass give me some kind of bum copy of the game? It barely works.

Despite this, i played the 20-30 hours or so needed to complete the game. Either, i am an imbecile, or when the game functions, its really good. Choice driven RPG gameplay in a varied world with varied characters and a fun tone are enough to recommend the game if you're willing to persist through all of the bugs.

Honestly, this is probably the most broken game I've played on the Xbox One; persistent crashes, characters spasming on cover, getting stuck in combat mode, not being able to function in several expected ways during combat mode, reversing your attempts to change your roster...I could go on. Point being, its an embarrassing mess that i am not convinced was play-tested at all before being released on Xbox. Even without the bugs (maybe they'll all eventually be patched out), the game is maybe a 6/10 game, but in its current condition, its awful. This is a real shame.
  18. Sep 16, 2020
    This game has more bugs than the deep south during summer time. It is almost impressive how many bugs this game has. I'm not going to list all of them as plenty of other websites have that information. The major ones are that the game crashes frequently, as in every hour or so. It crashes more if you have the autosave feature enabled. Also, quest and character progress can be randomlyThis game has more bugs than the deep south during summer time. It is almost impressive how many bugs this game has. I'm not going to list all of them as plenty of other websites have that information. The major ones are that the game crashes frequently, as in every hour or so. It crashes more if you have the autosave feature enabled. Also, quest and character progress can be randomly deleted. How in the flying **** did this game make it to release? It feels like you're playing an alpha version, or something a schmuck like me would create if I were to try to make a game.

If this game wasn't released in such shambles, it would be an 8. I loved Wasteland 2 and was so excited for this one. It's a shame that this company, along with many many others, released an unfinished product with the plan to fix it later. Fingers crossed that they do.
  19. Nov 27, 2020
    A terrible experiance for me.

Played it on Series X, after playing Gears Tactics. I know that those are not 1:1 games, Wasteland being open world etc, but boy is wasteland ugly compared to Gears Tactics on a big screen and series X. Once you get past the visuals, the gameplay was rough for me as well. The skill system works fine, however I had issues when it comes to several
    A terrible experiance for me.

Played it on Series X, after playing Gears Tactics.

Once you get past the visuals, the gameplay was rough for me as well.
    The skill system works fine, however I had issues when it comes to several missions, objectives and general game progression.

In order to give it a try and write this review I pushed myself to 10h of gameplay, but this was it for me. I did not finish the game as it was literally painful and I had no pleasure of the gameplay.

For me it was a could not complete and an avoid due to gameplay not being fun for me.
  20. Oct 13, 2020
    I installed the game just to get some reward points. What a horrible game. Looks like this awful games from Instagram adds, but it’s worse because it doesn’t have adds inside the gameplay. I almost sent an e-mail to Xbox customer service to undo the reward points. I think I got PTSD now...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 27, 2020
    Wasteland 3 is about adapting to a situation and environment while managing a "choose your own story" adventure. While the main story is fairly straight forward, how you experience that story is totally in your hands. This is why I can say that Wasteland 3 is one of the best CRPG games you will ever come across. It provides a depth that would allow you a seemingly infinite way to experience the game without being overly complex and hard to manage and all the while not taking itself too seriously in its delivery. If you want a good RPG there are a ton out there that are a dime a dozen, but if you want one of the best CRPG experiences you can have, then you absolutely have to purchase Wasteland 3.
  2. Sep 25, 2020
    Do you love classic, old-school RPGs? Do you prefer a dirty Apocalypse to a generic fantasy world? Then you’ll love Wasteland 3. We couldn’t have wished for a better successor to the old Fallouts from Interplay.
  3. Sep 21, 2020
    Some small issues aside, Wasteland 3 is a superb RPG and a huge step forward for inXile studio. Wasteland 3 is a classic RPG with great story and characters and challenging but fun combat system that is appealing to both new and old RPG fans.