- Summary: WWE 2K19 arrives as the latest entry to the flagship WWE video game franchise and features cover Superstar AJ Styles. WWE 2K19 will showcase a massive roster of popular WWE Superstars, Legends and Hall of Famers, as well as NXT favorites. Experience authentic WWE gameplay, extensive creationWWE 2K19 arrives as the latest entry to the flagship WWE video game franchise and features cover Superstar AJ Styles. WWE 2K19 will showcase a massive roster of popular WWE Superstars, Legends and Hall of Famers, as well as NXT favorites. Experience authentic WWE gameplay, extensive creation options, engaging match types, fan-favorite modes and much more!… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
WWE 2K19 Showcase Mode Gameplay With Daniel Bryan
Oct 17, 2018WWE 2K19 is a wrestling fan’s dream. It’s a treasure trove of modes, wrestlers and customization options, and each is equally worth your time. The return of Showcase mode is welcome, while MyCareer is a huge step up for the franchise and brings it closer to 2K’s NBA efforts. Quite simply, this is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there will be – until next year, at least.
Official Xbox Magazine UKDec 18, 2018The most polished WWE game for years, with MyPlayer mode a highlight. [Christmas 2018, p.88]
Oct 17, 2018This year’s game is one of the better ones that I have played in years. With the inclusion of voice acting for your main character in career mode, to the showcase mode taking one of my favorite wrestlers, Daniel Bryan, and walking through his career, it makes for a really fun and good time.
Oct 25, 2020WWE 2K19 is one of the better games in the WWE 2K franchise. Its really great at what it does best and was a nice refresher from theWWE 2K19 is one of the better games in the WWE 2K franchise. Its really great at what it does best and was a nice refresher from the lacklustre releases of 2K17 and 2K18.
The gameplay, while not the best in the franchise, is really good at being realistic. A majority of the game modes are fun and not tedious (except from the tables match.)
After the horrendous 2K17 and 2K18 career modes, 2K19 had a fresh career mode which had an interesting story and well developed characters. The story involves a wrestler named Buzz, who is working at an independent wrestling company called BCW, owned by returning character Barron Blade. The story goes tells the story of Buzz and how he goes from the Indies to WWE. The only problem I have with the career mode, is that it is quite short compared to the other career modes in previous games and the lack of content to do after you have competed the main story.
2k showcase is a returning mode last seen in WWE 2K17 (as DLC) that showcases the career of a certain superstar or showcases an iconic rivalry. This time, the showcase shines on the career of Daniel Bryan, and how he overcame his injuries to come out of retirement. However, the main problem with the Daniel Bryan 2K showcase is that it just feels like it was just shoehorned in to make the game have more content. There are some matches in the showcase that, in my opinion, aren't really main highlights of Daniel Bryan's career. It is also one of the shorter 2K showcases, with around about 11 matches and 1 bonus match. I found the 2K showcase the most disappointing part about WWE 2K19, as it had potential to be an amazing mode, but ended up being forgotten soon after release.
2K towers is a new game mode added to the WWE 2K franchise that is basically a gauntlet of matches. Its a fine and dandy mode and can be fun if your bored. The main attraction in the 2K towers mode is the AJ Styles Million Dollar Tower. It was a Million Dollar competition where the person who completed the tower would win a million dollars.
Overall, WWE 2K19 was a breathe of fresh air in the 2K franchise. Its a shame that the next game would leave a stain on the 2K games.… Expand
Oct 8, 2018Better than the rest on this current generation. Good improvements. No more slowdown on 8 men matches. The loading is fast (finally). CreationBetter than the rest on this current generation. Good improvements. No more slowdown on 8 men matches. The loading is fast (finally). Creation is good, Lots of choices. The wrestling part is good. You can slam someone on top of someone with no clipping through. I dont play this game. I sim it with CAWS. I did a 8 man ladder tag team match. It was good. There was a spot where a guy was on the ladder between the ring apron and the rails. Laid down on the ladder. Then another guy scaled the top rope and dived on him breaking the ladder. So the Ai did this not a player. It was good to see the ai does this. Just like in hiac the ai uses the cage. Also in steel cage they will use the cage and go after ones climbing the cage. Same as the ladder BUT the you know that the match is fixing to end, is when the ai gives up and wont go after the one fixing to unhook the title or MIB case. Dont know if that will ever be fixed. But all in all a way better product than last years. A lot of new matches added too. I was going to skip this year but glad I didnt. Granted I haven't tried universe yet but the general things of the game is a very good improvement. Definitely get this if you are a fan. If you are still on the fence due to the past games, then this is one you can have fun with. The only problem I see with this game is that 2K will need to improve on it if they want me to buy 2K20. This one is definitely worth the money this year.… Expand
Oct 23, 2018I was very impressed with the improvements in the MyCareer mode and when those improvements combined with the very good story I ended upI was very impressed with the improvements in the MyCareer mode and when those improvements combined with the very good story I ended up having a great time in this mode. In terms of content the game feels like it has much more this time around and without a doubt it will keep you satisfied for many months to come. The new addition of Paybacks and Overcharges is a welcome addition because it keeps each match fresh and no match ever plays out the same way. Grappling and striking feel very satisfying this year because everything flows perfectly and on the whole the moves just feel more on point. I found the online components of the game to work very well and I can see me having a ton of fun here this year. The presentation side of the game whilst not bad doesn’t offer anything new and both the visuals and sound design fail to capture your imagination at times. I was a little disappointed with Hell in a Cell because fighting in these surroundings still feels awkward and too finnicky for its own good. Overall I was a little disappointed with last year’s game because it didn’t offer anything new and it just felt like the series was stuck in a rut a little. Thankfully WWE 2K19 whilst not perfect has tried to solve some of last year’s previous shortcomings, and thankfully I’m pleased to say that they’ve successfully done this. WWE 2K19 is probably the best WWE game in quite a while and there’s so much content that you’ll find it quite difficult to put down. There’s new modes and some of the old modes have been improved significantly which shows that the developers are listening to us. Grappling and striking also feels improved this time around and I must admit that the fluid way you can do certain moves does make for a more satisfying experience. In terms of problems the game doesn’t have too many and the problems it does have like the boring visuals and sound design can easily be tweaked so it doesn’t really harm the fun factor much. At the end of the day then recommending WWE 2K19 is quite easy because it feels much more fun and worthwhile this year and fans of the series will no doubt be excited again and I hope they carry on with the momentum they’ve built.… Expand
Dec 8, 2018Get rid of the reversal system and the kick out of the pin system! This is the bane of every WWE game. It's about time overhauled these outGet rid of the reversal system and the kick out of the pin system! This is the bane of every WWE game. It's about time overhauled these out dated frustrating systems… Expand
Dec 9, 2018I gave this game 2 points at first but now its changed to 0. This is hands down the worst video game franchise on the market right now. TheI gave this game 2 points at first but now its changed to 0. This is hands down the worst video game franchise on the market right now. The game is completely broken, you & your kids will never figure this crap out and inevitably never play it either, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!!!!
- When you first jump into this game, 98% of EVERYTHING is locked behind a pay wall (characters, rings, every character customization option ie. ring entrances, clothing, moves, attributes... EVERYTHING). You can either pay god-knows-what to unlock it all, or you can play through the actual game modes to earn points to unlock stuff. This wouldn't be so bad if the gameplay wasn't such broken glitchy garbage, you'll get so frustrated that you will permanently stop playing before you ever make it out of "BCW" in the story i guarantee it (at which point you'l have unlocked absolutely nothing). They don't allow you to customize your own move sets anymore no no, the moves are packaged in random bundles and sold/earned through the microtransaction store - huh??!!
- THE MOMENTUM METER HAS GOT TO GO, period. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Typical match: you beat your opponent to death with your momentum around 95% and theirs about 15%, then you hit your "signature move" inevitably leading up to your finisher, but when you hit it somehow your momentum drops to 15% and your opponent's goes to 115% - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?! Then you follow that up with your finisher which either gets reversed or kicked out of 99% of the time because the stupid momentum meter is way in their favor. Winning = losing and losing = winning in this stupid game ... You smash the living crap out of your opponent every single match only for them to land 1 reversal at the very end and somehow hit you with their finisher that they had stored from you beating them to death?!?!?!?!?!? Fire the whole 6 people you have working on this game 2K, they're retarded.
- The A.I. is stupidly overpowered, even with their sliders turned down. The following is a typical career match in WWE 2K19:
1) Beat the A.I. opponent mercilessly within an inch of his life (red health bar / no health whatsoever) all the while noticing that every time you hit him your momentum goes down and his goes way up. When your health is fully green without ever getting hit once and your opponent is laying in a bloody heap on the ground with ZERO health left, your momentum meter usually reads 3% while your opponent's will read 125% - Huh?!?!
2) Your A.I. opponent reverses one of your moves - his only attack of the entire match. This somehow turns your fresh green health bar into a vulnerable yellow one.
3) He attempts a pin immediately following his reversal which starts the worst mechanic in this game series' entire history by far - THE PINNING MINIGAME!
4) Once you're at this stage in the match just put your controller down, it's all over for you. The pinning system in this game is the biggest piece of trash I've ever seen, it's worse than a crappy rigged carnival game that purposely steals your money. You have until the count of 3 (three chances) to somehow hit "A" in a 1mm box in the blink of an eye. It's borderline impossible. On top of this the game psyches you out by moving the 1mm box around on the line so its in a different spot every time you try to hit it = GOOD F*CKING LUCK!!! :D
So you basically suffer through long matches that consist of you beating your opponent brainless for 10 minutes to the soundtrack of boring repetitive commentary with the sole intention of unlocking some stuff for your character, only to be reversed & punched once and subsequently pinned by a guy who should have been dead long before the 74 piledrivers & 42 powerbombs you just gave him! If they could come up with something better for the pin system (how hard could it be...) then this game would be MUCH better. I'm selling this crap on Kijiji 4 days after I bought it, typical 2k sports game.
**** THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE GAME: John Cena's voice in the campaign - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That right there is this whole game in a nutshell, a 100% fraud.
I'm not buying anymore 2K games, they're all a massive ripoff. The CEO of Take-Two Interactive (2K & R*) - Strauss Zelnick - is the biggest goof in the industry, cares about absolutely nothing besides microtransactions. Drive your garbage company into the ground and take all your bloodsucking ways with you, scumbag parasite.… Expand