7.7

1. Aug 26, 2021
    Sony pony’s are review bombing this game because they’re mad Xbox is getting good meta scores? The game is on PlayStation too what is the problem? But here is my review about psychonauts 2.
    From what I have played so far I really like the game it really gives me the vibes of the first psychonauts but better! A way better combat system a good story and the graphics are nice in my opinion. Some people say it doesn’t look good but if you played the first game you would understand why it looks like this. These are my scores for the game: story 9.5, graphics/gameplay 9, combat 8. I couldn’t stop playing for hours it’s so amazing
  2. Aug 26, 2021
    What an amazing game, he can make creative and intuitive phrases, I recommend it to everyone who likes a 3D platform game
  3. Aug 26, 2021
    just boring. the first levels are fun. but it can't keep you. it gets boring after a while.
  4. Aug 27, 2021
    apenas ignorem os comentários tóxicos pois tem Sonistas dando Review Bomb e Xbox game Studios vamos ver essas opções de linguagem ai vejo muita reclamação que não tem a linguagem russa
    please ignore toxic coments Sony pony’s are review bombing this game
  5. Aug 29, 2021
  6. Sep 2, 2021
    Wonderful game. Brings me back to my younger years but with upgraded graphics. Gameplay is similar but I enjoyed it then and I enjoy it now.
  7. Sep 4, 2021
    What an absolute creative masterpiece. This game slides in and out of genres, is superbly written, and has original and engaging platforming. The levels are wild, you literally never know what to expect.
  8. Aug 30, 2021
    One of the most entertaining platformers of all times, very creative gameplay wise with great evel design.
  9. Aug 30, 2021
    The artwork and setting are simply spectacular. The story is great, it is deep and has a great sense of humor. The gameplay is addictive. 100% recommended.
  10. Sep 1, 2021
    This game rocks, simple as that. The creativity in the theming and design of the levels is just jaw-dropping; the writing, story, and characters are streets ahead of the typical modern AAA drivel; and the game looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous.

Had to subtract one point because, unfortunately, the combat and platforming can still be pretty clunky at times. But all in all, this is definitely a strong contender for my GOTY. If you have Game Pass, you should definitely give this a try. If you don't have Game Pass, but you're into 3D platformers and/or like surrealism and games that do something different, you can't go wrong here.

P.S. YES WE GET IT FFS, the game doesn't have a russian translation!!! Jesus Christ dude. No reason to hand out zeros en masse. Do you think I give every game without a (good) German translation a 0? No, because I'm not an entitled crybaby. How about you guys simply learn English, like I did? Oh, but that would involve you actually putting effort into something instead of just sitting on your ass and complaining, so that's probably not going to happen. Ta-ta there, retards.
  11. Aug 30, 2021
    Homage to the classic way of gaming but it feels modern and plays super smoothly. Haven't had this much fun in gaming over a decade, this rekindle my old gamer spark. Highly recommendable for anyone that wants something fresh but classic at the same time
  12. Aug 30, 2021
    Amazing game, raytracing,beautiful graphics and The history is Just perfeito!
  13. Sep 2, 2021
    All the joy of the original but even more beautiful with the much improved graphics. One of the few games I'll definitely replay just for the fun of it
  14. Aug 27, 2021
    Sin duda una de las sorpresas del año, double fine demuestra otra vez, el gran talento que tienen creando videojuegos originales y divertidos. El juego goza de una jugabilidad bastante limpia en Serie X a mi parecer, con casi ningún error encontrado en mis horas de juego más que el volumen de algunas voces y la aparición de subtítulos que reemplazan a unos con otros.
  15. Aug 28, 2021
    Psychonauts 2 was a nostalgia trip to times when big companies weren't scared of making 3D platformers. This game is fantastic. Team at Double Fine was not scared of taking difficult topics. Art style was great, especially in level which was centered around Jack Black character. Gameplaywise it wasn't very innovative, but it was solid. Fighting is the weakest part, but bosses were creative.
  16. Aug 30, 2021
    Great game. The controls are good, and the psychedelic story telling is amazing. The art style reminds me of something out of a Tim Burton movie.
  17. Aug 30, 2021
    Best platform game of the last decade. smart, great graphics and gameplay! You need to play this!
  18. Aug 30, 2021
    Espectacular desde cualquier punto de vista. Buena jugabilidad, buena música, diseño de niveles variado y unos personajes bien construidos.
    Una gran experiencia que nadie se debe perder.
  19. Aug 30, 2021

diasluiz07

Aug 26, 2021

Another masterpiece from Doublefine. Simple but deep history, great gameplay and the graphic style is awesome. 10/10 Congratulations Microsft .
  20. Sep 6, 2021
    I love this game ! very fun and enjoyable
  21. Sep 1, 2021
    the game is great with the right florish of mind boggling suprises psychonauts 2 is a psychedelic master work just like the first one (my opinion you can have yours )
  22. Sep 2, 2021
    Greatest game I've played in a while! Very original ideas combined with great voice actors and a good story! Me and my girl played it non-stop from start to finish.
  23. Aug 31, 2021
    Being a sequel that's coming over 15 years later, I had little hope. But after having played it, I can say I am truly in awe. The writing is even more refined, it's dark, witty, and has an extra layer of depth we hardly see in gaming ever. It's truly a masterpiece and a very worthy successor to the original game.

Probably the best game to come out so far this year, a breath of fresh air

Probably the best game to come out so far this year, a breath of fresh air compared to the boring open-world games devs puke out year after year without any soul.

I would honestly recommend you play the first part to enjoy it more, but it goes without saying that you can easily play it without haven't played the first part.
  24. Aug 28, 2021
    STOP THE REVIEW BOMBING!!!!
    ¡psychonuts 2 is great game!

Lo estuve jugando en GamePass y artísticamente es una locura, mucha creatividad e imaginación. La jugabilidad es excelente y los poderes increíbles. Le agradezco mucho a Double Fine está tremenda obra maestra era un juego que hacía falta. ¡Este es mi GOTY 2021!.
  25. Aug 27, 2021
    great game and a lot of fun, would definitely recommend if you enjoyed the first game as this is 10x better, graphics are great and gameplay handles well!
  26. Sep 4, 2021
    Excellent Game its just amazing , so creative, level design good, great history , 10/10
  27. Aug 27, 2021
    Psychonauts 2 immerses you in the world Tim Shafer & him team created, yet again! Each sequence has been an experience.
    Love this game
  28. Aug 30, 2021
    Until now... This is my GOTY contender. Great Gameplay, great story and great humor. Level design are Excellent. Voice act, priceless. If you can, please play this game. You wont be bored.
    You dont need to play the first one to play this. Double Fine give u a quick "previously on Psychonauts".

Hats off Double FIne, hats off Tim Schaffer
  29. Sep 6, 2021
    Great follow up to the original game and story. Improved on the little things from game 1 that were frustrating and made it better than I thought they could. A must play.
  30. Sep 6, 2021
    this is a absolutly amazing game. My favirite Games come from Sony Studios but this Game is so much creativ and yes i like it.
  31. Sep 5, 2021
    It's the most polished, big budget and overall impressive game that double fine have ever made. Truly impressive just how great this game came out
  32. Aug 30, 2021
    Games goated definitely a trip worth taking. Characters and the story as well as the visuals are outstanding. Double Fine really gave it their all.
  33. Sep 6, 2021
    It’s not a mere platform game, since the game mechanics adhere to the narrative - you link thoughts, you kill mental “issues”, etc - and you have an emotional connection to the characters, which aren’t there as a fill up but to add more to the experience. At a first look the graphics may be “simple”, but they’re actually stunning and also serve a purpose within the narrative, withoutIt’s not a mere platform game, since the game mechanics adhere to the narrative - you link thoughts, you kill mental “issues”, etc - and you have an emotional connection to the characters, which aren’t there as a fill up but to add more to the experience. At a first look the graphics may be “simple”, but they’re actually stunning and also serve a purpose within the narrative, without dropping the ball on gorgeous reflections, textures and lighting. The “powers” are also diversified and very well thought, and you feel satisfaction without the typical gunplay shooting of so many platform games. Don’t miss this game and just have fun with it! Expand
  34. Sep 3, 2021
    Excellent jeu.
    Le gameplay se renouvelle regulierement
    les graphismes sont excellent
    Il ne manque qu'une localisation dans differentes langues
  35. Sep 3, 2021
    One of my favorite video games of 2021. Incredibly charming characters, a surprisingly deep story and fun platforming with super creative, over the top level design!
  36. Aug 31, 2021
    Never played the first game, but tried the second. An extremely well made world with a great hero. The level design and platforming puzzles are very clever and interesting. I like it quite a lot.
  37. Aug 27, 2021
    A truly worthy sequel. Genuine laugh out loud moments through out. Just simply a wonderfully inventive platformer
  38. Aug 27, 2021
    One of the best Platformers in the last years since Mario odyssey , and it's easily a goty contender , this game is very special and I'm really happy that there is a talented devs that can make games like these now day
    It has a soul in it , very good story and really great dialogue that keeps you hooked to the game , a memorable characters and really fun gameplay .
  39. Aug 29, 2021
    Я ждала эту игру 15 лет, это удивительный, красочный платформер хоть и легче первой части ,но такой же оригинальный, душевный и запоминающийся, первых психонавтов прошла раз 10, вторую часть ждет та же участь)
  40. Aug 29, 2021
    Genuinely one of the best games of 2021 i been waiting for this game for 6 years and Jesus Christ it was worth the wait every minute of playing had a smile through out the whole way . It really is a great sequel to a already amazing game it you like platformers you would love this game and the comedy in this is amazing had me laughing ofc some jokes are okay but there are some moments areGenuinely one of the best games of 2021 i been waiting for this game for 6 years and Jesus Christ it was worth the wait every minute of playing had a smile through out the whole way . It really is a great sequel to a already amazing game it you like platformers you would love this game and the comedy in this is amazing had me laughing ofc some jokes are okay but there are some moments are just hilarious genuinely of the best games of 2021 has to be a nominee for GOTY Only complaint is more to do after the main story is done ik there is stuff to do but like one extra mind would be awesome maybe dlc?!?! Expand
  41. Aug 30, 2021
    Me surpreendi com a criatividade da história e do humor no game, realmente o enredo é digno de um filme
  42. Aug 30, 2021
    This game is real sequel so if someone plays first part of psychonauts then he/she will on 7th heaven. For rest it will be for first 1-2 hours little shock but after that shock and change location it will be real masterpiece. If you don't like this game on the beginning, please give this game some extra time cause after all this game have plenty of atractions to discover in front of you.This game is real sequel so if someone plays first part of psychonauts then he/she will on 7th heaven. For rest it will be for first 1-2 hours little shock but after that shock and change location it will be real masterpiece. If you don't like this game on the beginning, please give this game some extra time cause after all this game have plenty of atractions to discover in front of you.
    I give this game rate 10/10 cause I am in love this game. This game remind me young me when I played in Rayman 3D, Kao and Croc so those games are still in my heart and there is also place for psychonauts 2. In future I will also keep looking for potential DLC and to catch up the first part of story cause I have 16 years od delay. I am waiting for more games like this. If it will be possible to work on them in future it will be dreams comes true.
    I also want to write about others people making a comments here.....
    I don't get this why some guys/girls gives this game grade 0 or 1 cause playstation don't have version for ps5 or just how it looks for ps4 or xbox one. There is difference between the power of ps4, xbox one and xbox series x. If you play on xbox series x please makes here your opinion if you plays on other platform please make it on others platform.
    About game - for some people will be disadvantage cause there is only 5-6 languaes and there is missing russian, polish or some other language. Sony have full dubbing for their games. I get this but I also was a disappointment because of that. My english is not advanced but I want to play and not to wait for some new languages versions. English in games is not that hard to get understand what about game is. So language barrier is not the issue and shouldn't get any bad mark of that.
  43. Aug 30, 2021
    Clever, and outstanding in terms of art design and game design, well thought and well developed, psychonauts 2 is the way it should be
  44. Aug 30, 2021
    100% game of the year contender. Any Xbox hater that creates an account to falsely say otherwise is just that. One of the best games I’ve played in the last 10 years, EASILY! Double Fine is back and better than EVER!!
  45. Sep 1, 2021
    Great game! But I need russian subtitles! 10/10
    U need just play this game! U love it!!!
  46. Sep 1, 2021
    This was better and bigger than the last one controller are much better and combat amazing
  47. Sep 1, 2021
    My GOTY so far. Game had me smiling from start to finish and reminded me of what gaming used to feel like. Not a chore to complete with 100s of side objectives or extremely difficult. Just well designed levels, well written, and lovable characters. Would recommend to anyone!
  48. Sep 1, 2021
    One of the best games I've ever played!

Great, thrilling story, charming characters, creative and fun gameplay...it's all there!
  49. Sep 1, 2021
    Wasn't expecting much from this game cause i haven't played the first game but i was presently surprised and loved every minute of it from start to finish.
  50. Sep 2, 2021
    Amazing game: good graphics (120fps súper smooth), good story, good platforming, very detailed and varied areas... Another blessing from Game Pass, just glorious to get so many good games day one :)
  51. Sep 2, 2021
    One of my favorite games of all time. Excellent level design, very funny and likable characters, great story and gameplay, something you can't find easily in the genre.
  52. Sep 2, 2021
    The game looks great, is charming, has an awesome story and characters and manages to feel like an old school platforming gem of the past. Love it
  53. Sep 3, 2021
    Este juego está excelente!!! Te dan ganas de explorar todo. Los que lo hicieron son unos artistas en verdad!
  54. Sep 3, 2021
    Splendor, charm and a creative interesting dynamic between characters. Delves into problematic relationships and reconciliation. An updated and refined entry vs the original and with recognition of the 3D intermediate (Rhombus of Ruin), Psychonauts 2 is a wonderful, trippy experience made with heart and care. Picking this up will bring you back to the moment you left down the last, andSplendor, charm and a creative interesting dynamic between characters. Delves into problematic relationships and reconciliation. An updated and refined entry vs the original and with recognition of the 3D intermediate (Rhombus of Ruin), Psychonauts 2 is a wonderful, trippy experience made with heart and care. Picking this up will bring you back to the moment you left down the last, and cause you moments of pause and care inbetween the terrific platforming and narrative momentum (and humour) that made the first Psychonauts a standout experience. Expand
  55. Sep 3, 2021
    I think it is the best platformer ever made for a long time. Creator of this game is a genius.
  56. Sep 3, 2021
    Loved the humor on the first game, and I'm loving it even more on the second installment.
  57. Sep 4, 2021
    Never played the 1st but only heard good things about it so was excitingly anticipating playing the 2nd. I have been absolutely blown away by the designs of the minds you delve into. Around halfway throught i already want to play some levels again as the colours and overall design will leave you gobsmacked. Followd by some reallu solid controls. Hats off to these guys for the imaginationNever played the 1st but only heard good things about it so was excitingly anticipating playing the 2nd. I have been absolutely blown away by the designs of the minds you delve into. Around halfway throught i already want to play some levels again as the colours and overall design will leave you gobsmacked. Followd by some reallu solid controls. Hats off to these guys for the imagination and actually creating these worlds. I will be gutted when i complete this game as it is great fun. My only hope now is they have already started on the 3rd installment. A+++ Expand
  58. Sep 5, 2021
    A beautiful experience that is a throwback to an era in gaming long gone. I encourage everyone to play this game!
  59. Sep 5, 2021
    I have just started this game and it is beautiful!!
    Lovely and super fun game!!
  60. Sep 6, 2021
    Wow Great game from beginning to end.love the story and animation. Keeps you entertained all way through game
  61. Feb 19, 2022
    Overrated, Boring as hell thank f---k I played this on gamepass trash as game
  62. Dec 22, 2021
    Psychonauts 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, the art direction is beautiful the level design is very interesting the voice acting is top notch, the game is screaming with personality and the story is very engaging and memorable.
  63. Aug 30, 2021
    The game is an instant classic. The only reason for low scores is Russian people are mad double fine doesn’t care about them. A lot of people hate Russians. Sorry lol. Play something else like Chernobyl simulator or Putin Kisser.
  64. Aug 29, 2021
    Best platformer in years that's not Mario. If you are a true platformer/collectathon fan you can't go wrong.
  65. Aug 27, 2021
    Psiconauts 2 es el mejor juego que he podido disfrutar en años. Para mi candidato claro a los GOTY 2021. Diseño de niveles espectacular, BSO increíble, en el apartado técnico inmejorable.
  66. Aug 26, 2021
    Uno de los mejores juegos que han salido este año sin duda alguna, aunque les Arda a todos los tóxicos que les cuesta aceptar que existen miles de juegos que en su vida tocarán por su orgullo que a nadie le importa
  67. Aug 29, 2021
  68. Aug 30, 2021
  69. Aug 26, 2021
    Another masterpiece from Doublefine. Simple but deep history, great gameplay and the graphic style is awesome. 10/10.
  70. Aug 26, 2021
    A game for all ages and alots of fun!!! The perfect graphics and a great game play
  71. Aug 27, 2021
    VERY GOOD AND STORY MOD IS GREAT .
  72. Aug 26, 2021
    The people giving this game a 0 are just Sony fanboys. The game is excellent.
  73. Aug 26, 2021
    Hacía tiempo que un juego no me enamoraba. Lo estoy pasando genial, amo su arte y narrativa, es un derroche de sensaciones (todas muy buenas).
  74. Aug 26, 2021
    Stunning sequel to the classic Psychonauts game. Highly recommended to fans of the original or new players. This is the first contender for GOTY 2021 Amazing platform game
  75. Aug 26, 2021
    I have never played a game like this before!!

Absolutely mind blowing adventure!!

Congrats Double Fine!!
  76. Aug 26, 2021
    The combat is pretty fun, the artstyle is amazing and the level design is fantastic. One of my favorite games this year for sure.
  77. Aug 26, 2021
    Na minha humilde opinião o jogo está incrível, divertido de mais, criativo muito envolvente à ponto de não dá vontade de parar de jogar.
  78. Aug 26, 2021
    The creativity on display is just outstanding. Such a charming game with great visuals, gameplay, music and even story. Definately my GOTY.
  79. Aug 26, 2021
    Un juego muy entretenido y con un diseño de arte muy llamativo y disparatado, nunca fui fan de los plataformeros y posteriormente había jugado crash4 pero lo deje a medias aparte no había jugado el primer juego, este juego lo llevo jugando como 3 horas y estoy encantado, felicidades a Microsoft studios y a las personas que ayudaron a hacer este juego realidad
  80. Aug 26, 2021
    Amazing game.Great level design & fun puzzles.Very funny in parts aswell.Dont mind the obvious playstation fanboys attempting to review bomb the game
  81. Aug 26, 2021
    No jugué el primer Psychonauts pero al empezar este me di cuenta que hace un resumen de lo sucedido (aparte de que durante el juego surge la historia pasads orgánicamente), el diseño es probablemente lo mejor que he visto en años, hay juegos que por su gráficas se ve precioso de una manera natural pero Psychonauts resalta por ser bello porque alguien tuvo una idea y la plasmó. Muy buenNo jugué el primer Psychonauts pero al empezar este me di cuenta que hace un resumen de lo sucedido (aparte de que durante el juego surge la historia pasads orgánicamente), el diseño es probablemente lo mejor que he visto en años, hay juegos que por su gráficas se ve precioso de una manera natural pero Psychonauts resalta por ser bello porque alguien tuvo una idea y la plasmó. Muy buen sistema de habilidades y progreso; sin mencionar el gran plataformeo. Expand
  82. Aug 26, 2021
    Es un gran juego de plataforma con una narrativa increíble. Hacen falta más juegos como este.
  83. Aug 26, 2021
    Gracias al Game pass, puedo probar y jugar a este divertido juego. Solo hace falta un euro y podrás aprovechar la oferta del gamepass, y probar este juego y muchos otros.
  84. Aug 26, 2021
    This game is a Masterpiece Jim Shaffer has done it again definitely GOTY contender Bravo
  85. Aug 26, 2021
    Jogo incrível!!!!! belos gráficos, ótima história, personagem carismático e a direção de arte é fenomenal.
  86. Aug 27, 2021
    Tolles Spiel, sehr schräg aber fein. Freue mich das Spiel zu Ende zu Spielen.
  87. Aug 26, 2021
    Se desenvolverem um nivo Conker ou Banjo, tem que ser nesse ritmo, Psychonauts 2 se mostra o melhor no seu gênero, boa jogabilidade, gráficos e uma boa narrativa com alívio cômico, um dos melhores jogos desse ano sem sombra de duvida, a double fine mais uma vez surpreendendo com um do seus títulos consagrados
  88. Aug 27, 2021
    Este es el juego de plataformas más distinto y original que he jugado, la historia importa, los personajes importan y todo ello envuelve un mundo vivo y complejo que dan ganas de seguir jugando hasta completar todos los coleccionables que se encuentran en el juego.
    Con mas de 9 horas jugadas tengo que decir que no me esperaba que me fuera a gustar tanto la historia y el movimiento del personaje así como la variedad de escenarios que hay.
    Entrar y salir de las mentes de los personajes es una experiencia muy bien contada y visualmente divertida.
    Si alguien no ha probado nunca este juego en su primera parte, esta bastante bien de precio, darle una oportunidad.
  89. Aug 26, 2021
    Best damn video game since Xbox 360 Era of gaming this is truly a masterpiece
  90. Aug 26, 2021
    I did not expect to like this game so much. One of the best Platform game. Those of you who love the platform do not miss it
  91. Aug 26, 2021
    I had a lot of fun playing this game from the start to the end and this game is very original with the way they depict metal health highly recommend this game.
  92. Aug 26, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not oppress the game because of your fanaticism

The game is very nice
  93. Aug 26, 2021
    Un nivel de imaginación fenomenal, top 5 de los mejores juegos de este 2021.
  94. Aug 26, 2021
    Un 10, juego muy original y con mecánicas muy interesantes. Totalmente recomendado.
  95. Aug 26, 2021
    I am so glad Metacritic removes the fake troll reviews. The game is amazing and a true sequel for long time fans. The way mental illness is portrayed is beyond incredible in the game. The gameplay is fluid, voice acting top notch, and the music is incredible!! Turn up the volume in the Sensorium and man jeeze!
  96. Aug 27, 2021
    Absolutely brilliant. Not only does it successfully recapture the magic of the first game, but it improves on it in every way. I admit, I doubted if they could come up with concepts as fresh and original as the first game all these years later but they really have. But it also shows that the creators have matured a great deal in the time since. It's bigger and packs in more dazzlingAbsolutely brilliant. Not only does it successfully recapture the magic of the first game, but it improves on it in every way. I admit, I doubted if they could come up with concepts as fresh and original as the first game all these years later but they really have. But it also shows that the creators have matured a great deal in the time since. It's bigger and packs in more dazzling setpieces like you'd expect but the storytelling has also improved a lot, better integrated with the action, and more nuanced in it's handling of mental illness. Expand
  97. Aug 30, 2021
    As creative and interesting as this game is conceptually, the actual experience of playing it is disappointing. It's clear that a lot of love, care and passion went into developing the individual parts of this game - particularly in the overall art direction and environmental storytelling - but, sadly, it doesn't come together to produce a satisfying whole. In a sentence, the game has aAs creative and interesting as this game is conceptually, the actual experience of playing it is disappointing. It's clear that a lot of love, care and passion went into developing the individual parts of this game - particularly in the overall art direction and environmental storytelling - but, sadly, it doesn't come together to produce a satisfying whole. In a sentence, the game has a creative spirit and ambitious soul, but feels sparse and incomplete.

Here's a brief list of what worked for me, and what fell short. For transparency, I'm playing on PS4 (reviewing here since there seems to be the most activity for this SKU), am about 5-6 hours in, have played through the original multiple times and loved it, haven't played Rhombus.

The Pros:
    ----------------
    -Excellent environmental storytelling. Posters on walls, background objects, lighting, pickups, texturing; all these details help to bring the game's narrative to life in an intuitive way.
    -Creative art direction. Levels are often a mixture of different themes, like an office building being taken over by some at-the-dentist body horror, with gums, teeth, tongues etc. snaking in between the filing cabinets and cramped cubicles - and that's just the first level.
    -Creative level design. Mind-bending non-euclidean geometry tricks, endlessly-expanding corridors, twising/warped hallways a'la Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple, gravity inversions; there are some really cool ideas on display in how the levels themselves unfold.
    -Genuinely funny writing, which is truly a rarity in games
    -Fans will appreciate the return of several voice actors from the original
    -Decent variety in combat options with some creative additions - it can be fun to come up with creative combos using the tools at your disposal
    -Some really great sound design, especially for combat abilities
    -Every thing you collect matters. It feels a bit like Mario Odyssey: there are several different kinds of collectibles scattered throughout the game's levels, and no matter what you pick up, it's always contributing to your character's growth, though no one individual item feels particularly special.

And now, on to the Cons:
    ----------
    -Controlling your character feels a bit clunky and unresponsive
    -Gameplay is CONSTANTLY interrupted by cutscenes which abruptly yank control away with hard cameras cuts and and incongruous character placement
    -Your character's actions are kind of nonsensical. You (your character) will magically know the names of characters you've just met, people will betray you and you'll act like nothing happened, NPCs that hate you will suddenly do a 180 and trust you with important missions with little to no explanation.
    -Most NPCs feel like environmental props rather than real characters
    -The game will not stop "helping" you with "hints." If you cancel a certain ability before fully using it, your character will comment on how to use the ability "properly." Vending machines yell the same line of dialogue at you from across the level, constantly nagging you to purchase upgrades. If it takes you more than a minute or two to solve a puzzle, your character will outright tell you the solution. Some younger players might appreciate this, but I wish there were an option to turn it off.
    -The levels feel empty and barren. There's just a lack of environmental clutter, effects, vegetation, etc. that makes the levels seem hollow and sparsely populated.
    -The pacing of combat and exploration/puzzle solving is sporadic. You'll travel for long sections with no enemy encounters, then suddenly have a cluster of foes thrown at you for a 30-60 second brawl, only to have them disappear again.
    -Most of the "puzzles" and scavenger hunts are incredibly simple. Most upgrades are in plain sight, and paired items (e.g. tags + baggage, half-a-minds) are placed right next to one another.
    -The combat progression progression is all over the place; enemies are introduced so quickly you barely have a chance to get to know one before another is thrust at you.
    -Combat difficulty is also sporadic. In an instant you might go from effortlessly stomping a few censors to being surrounded by enemies coming at you from all sides with AOE attacks that melt your health away in mere moments. Worse, health pickups will bounce AWAY from you, making recovering from damage a real hassle.
    -Character progression is a mess. You'll go from having no upgrades to having level 3 (out of 4, max) upgrades for most of your abilities over the course of a level and a visit to the hub area, if you put the bare minimum of effort into collecting cards and figments.
    -While sound design is strong, the music stems for each section are short and repetitive, and share the same jazz palette; they don't feel unique for each environment.

Overall, this isn't the sequel I was hoping for. I wish they'd had a bit more time to flesh it out. It's still special and unique. it's just not, you know. Great.
  98. Aug 27, 2021
    Отличная игра. Жалко конечно, что нет русской версии но на качество самой игры это никак не влияет.
  99. Aug 27, 2021
    Le jeu est juste incroyable, pour le moment je n’ai pas encore fini. J’aime beaucoup la mécanique l’humour, le côté fun.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 67 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 29, 2021
    Psychonauts 2 is a superb sequel that appeals to both long-time fans and newcomers. With a engaging story full of twists and turns, excellent witty dialogue, and a gorgeous visual palette, exploring people's minds has never been so fun and thrilling.
  2. Oct 4, 2021
    Psychonauts 2 managed to restore my faith in the genre of 3D platformers. This is a creative volcano spewing ideas left and right - it can make you laugh, it can make you cry, it can make you think. And it will definitely make you have fun.
  3. Sep 27, 2021
    Psychonauts 1 is the perfect example of the term cult classic, and Psychonauts 2 has created another masterpiece that I am only assuming won’t receive the attention it deserves. They have perfected and expanded on their original idea in every way and created a world full of heart and fun. It’s been well documented that the last few years it took to bake were used to expand the boss battles, and finely polish the areas that were complete. It’s clear that the added funds from being a Microsoft studio were put to good use and the team at Double Fine should be very proud of what they have created. I cannot wait to see what they create next.