8.0

1. Nov 22, 2022
    Vampire Survivors offers what many games can't these days, re-playability. The easy grind to get upgrades through massacring hordes of monsters doesn't get old. I saw a review quote, "Just one more time..." and that is so accurate. If you want to play for 15 mins, cool, for hours, yep that works too. The unlockable system at which it brings to bear against games like GOW: R, COD, andVampire Survivors offers what many games can't these days, re-playability. The easy grind to get upgrades through massacring hordes of monsters doesn't get old. I saw a review quote, "Just one more time..." and that is so accurate. If you want to play for 15 mins, cool, for hours, yep that works too. The unlockable system at which it brings to bear against games like GOW: R, COD, and other big titles is its simple, yet very entertaining controls and complexity through gameplay. This game also serves as an ideal title for GAMEPASS Cloud play as its just move, secure an upgrade with a button touch, and move some more. Lastly, this is a great example of a mobile game expanded for a console that you will play into the night. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2022
    a great rogue-like game, the item combos can snowball pretty quickly and its very easy to become satisfyingly powerful, but you still need to keep on your toes because champions and bosses can sneak up on you and end your run pretty quickly, and yes, you can pet the dog. just hook up a keyboard and type "pet" while playing as the dog and you heal and pet the dog (only once per run though)
  3. Nov 18, 2022
    Fun and VERY addicting! Starts off rather slow then ramps up with more and more playthroughs.
  4. Nov 14, 2022
    This game is absolutely incredible. I am completely and utterly hooked. My wife and I both can’t put the controller down lmao.
  5. Nov 14, 2022
    Hooked.

I saw this game on a few people's streams and thought it looked bad. Looks do not matter in this case. This game is addictive. I started playing last night and thought I would put in an hour before bed. 4 hours later I had to force myself to turn it off. The mechanics are simple, but there is some strategy to it. Knowing what weapons and armor to pick at each level,
    Hooked.

The mechanics are simple, but there is some strategy to it. Knowing what weapons and armor to pick at each level, looking for holes in hordes to dip out of and escape, even just trying each character to figure out their strengths and weaknesses will have you firing up another round and the next thing you know the sun will be coming up.

Once I really got into it the graphics just felt nostalgic. I will be dumping a lot more time into this game for sure. It is a highly enjoyable game and that, in the end is what matters
  6. Nov 17, 2022
    Amazing game that will always keep you coming back for more. Well-designed progression system with graphics, sound and music reminiscent of the glorious 8bit years. Simple and addictive Game, A must play !
  7. Nov 18, 2022
    This game reminds me of the best days of 16 bit rpg dungeon crawlers, except with an intense amount of onscreen sprites. It has me, so good, I can't stop playing it. Perfect! "my" GOTY
  8. Nov 14, 2022
    This game is amazing! Ultra fun and addictive! Everyone who owns a Xbox should try it. Thank me later.
  9. Nov 16, 2022
    it's the most fun ive had this year playing a game.

Xboxlackofgames is the kind of guy who rates his food while looking at the menu
  10. Nov 18, 2022
    Play it on PC where you can use mods. This is a really fun game but the beginning stages are extremely painful and boring and the kinds of mods you can use on PC will speed past that because building up to a powerful run is not as fun sub level 20.
  11. Nov 28, 2022
    A game where it proves gameplay is king! Got to appreciate and thank xbox gamepass for allowing this amazing game to be discovered,if you seen this game at the bottom of the xbox store you wouldn't even bother just by assumption of a old style 8 bit game.But that's the beauty of gamepass it allows allot of the smaller talented devs to get their shining moment and love.Definitely give thisA game where it proves gameplay is king! Got to appreciate and thank xbox gamepass for allowing this amazing game to be discovered,if you seen this game at the bottom of the xbox store you wouldn't even bother just by assumption of a old style 8 bit game.But that's the beauty of gamepass it allows allot of the smaller talented devs to get their shining moment and love.Definitely give this game a try you won't be disappointed,addictive as hell but truly satisfying. Expand
  12. Nov 27, 2022
    Gamepass Fodder at best. This an 8 bit time killer. That is it and nothing more. It's a good thing it's free in Gamepass. All these people raving about this game wouldn't spend a dime on it in real life. Real talk..
  13. Nov 30, 2022
    im old enough to play NES games, the ranking should be split into different categories
  14. Nov 29, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Por basuras cómo está nunca compraré una Xbox puedo probarlo en pc pero es un juego de instalar y borrar. Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2022
    I can't stop playing it, it's amazing. The game is very simple, the only thing you have to use is left analogue stick. A and start button are the only things u may use, very rare, when u want to see the map, press start, or press A to select (sometimes, sich as leveling up to choose skill). It's really funny game, and it reminds me dor original castlevenia.
  16. Nov 29, 2022
    I am not sure why all the high reviews. Reading through them is disappointing. You see how dumb the average reviewer is with their horrible spelling mistakes, bad grammar, and lack of intelligence all around. It just goes to show the average user base of the game and those who enjoy mindless fun. The term ignorance is utterly true.

This game is fun for a little bit but it has no real

This game is fun for a little bit but it has no real difficulty. Doing things and getting them done is so easy. Its the same type of gameplay as you only really move your character and have no aiming mechanics. Yes you heard me right you are only moving your character on an isometric grid. I had my fun with it but it is not a gem of any sort. Most of the art is stolen from Castlevania and nothing is original that exists here. The music is bad, the graphics are bad and there is no real game play other than dodging things while collecting the right upgrades to kill things faster.

I feel sorry for anyone giving this more than a 5 you know they probably did not get their high school diploma.
  17. Nov 30, 2022
    Andrea licking on phil’s that’s a **** game ever made. Garbage
  18. Dec 1, 2022
    Seriously, why aren't we getting quality AAA games, but are getting just shovelware on Gamepass?
  19. Dec 1, 2022
    This is easily in the running for my game of the year 2022. (Stray? Seriously Geoff and journos?) It's quite apparent when reading the bad reviews that they are put off by the graphics for this one. Don't be. (You really never should be in my opinion. It's s not what makes a good game, it can be PART of a good game, but it's not required.)

Don't skip this game. Play it. Even buy it,

Don't skip this game. Play it. Even buy it, because supporting Devs that make games like this with this much depth and replayability should be top priority for gamers. And it's very cheap. Way TOO cheap if you ask me. I would gladly pay 20 for this. It really puts into perspective how silly gamers can be when people pay 60 bucks for games like Saints Row but won't spend 5 bucks on this game. Which I did. Twice. But I didn't even spend a dime on Saints Row. Got it from Gamefly and sent it back after trying it for way too long lol. 2 hours lol.
  20. Nov 28, 2022
    The good:
    The good:
    A simple game to play, difficult to master. quick games. They use all the archetypes of the characters from the Castlevania saga (the vampire hunter, the magician, the cleric, the barbarian thief, the old man from the bible, the renegade vampire lord, the succubus that helps you, the skeleton that throws bones...even the roasted chicken is there, all of them they are there as guests). Progression is very comforting but it takes a long time to come. It's on Xbox Game Pass

The bad:
    Since nobody explains anything to you, many may lose and lose and lose in their first games and end up leaving the game. If they don't insist and insist, you won't know that there are more areas to discover, unlock and options. If they don't explain it to you, you don't know that the stages end at minute 30 and death comes out directly to kill you (and they don't explain that you can endure after minute 30:01 either. "Moderately high" difficulty (until you understand the trick and have to to be prepared)

The Meh!:
    The mix is ​​weird uniting Robotron (from Midway)/Robotron 64 and the Castlevania lore. Not only “Borrows” the Castlevania archetypes, it has sprits very similar to games in the saga, especially Symphony of the Night and Game boy Advance and Nintendo DS games. If it wasn't on Xbox Game Pass, I wouldn't even look at it.
  21. Nov 29, 2022
    This game is extremely simple. But for some reason I've been playing mainly just this for dozens of hours. Not glitches, performs spot on great port. I simple, fun, can't find time to do long game sessions? This is a great pick!
  22. Nov 29, 2022
    Este juego es droga pura hecha videojuego, no lo jugueis porque no vais a salir de este pozo sin fondl
  23. Nov 28, 2022
    Please, take away this game from me! It's so addictive that sometimes I lose the time perspective. Fun and solid!
  24. Nov 30, 2022
    Not enough words to describe how amazing this game is. Mindless game that's extremely addicting. can't stop playing it
  25. Nov 30, 2022
    Estamos todos en casa super enganchados a este juegazo, a pesar de estar en game pass lo he comprado para tenerlo
  26. Nov 30, 2022
    Este videojuego es la sorpresa más grande que me he llevado en los últimos tiempos! Un absoluto juegazo, una genialidad que desborda originalidad, una fuente inagotable de dopamina. La sensación de recompensa en cada partida es algo muy destacable. Una alegría de haber tenido la oportunidad de jugarlo día 1 en Game Pass. Gracias Xbox!!
  27. Nov 29, 2022
    This gave me old school vibes very entertaining and fun, I can spend a lot of time on it and not get bored, we appreciate to have this game launch day one thanks to game pass.
  28. Nov 28, 2022
    Absolutely kino game. You start this game and your time is gone. Your time? Into the void it goes. Your life? Into the void. This game will vacuum your very existence because of how addicting it is. Be careful when you play this game
  29. Nov 29, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juego mediocre, parecido a esos que había en las maquinitas de a peso en la tienda de la esquina Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2022
    Engancha más que la sangre a los vampiros... que pasada de juego. Increible!!!!
  31. Nov 29, 2022
    Excelente muy aditivo tremendo Indi un juego muy entretenido vale la pena jugarlo le doy un 10 en todo el mundo
  32. Dec 7, 2022
    I installed it to try something different and wasn't disappointed! It's an extremelly addictive game, has a very old-school and arcade vibe, and provides massive replayability. GamePass subscribers get it for free but it's a pretty much affordable game elsewhere. Perfect to chill between long playthroughs of those amazing AAA titles of 2022.

Universal acclaim - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 25, 2022
    Addictive and happy: pixelated top-down roguelike with very simple gameplay - but the spiral of rewards has an enormous pull effect, every run makes the endorphins spill over, there is a lot to discover and experiment with.
  2. Nov 23, 2022
    Someone, please send help. I can't stop playing Vampire Survivors, and I'm worried it might end up ruining my life. This is pure and unadulterated gameplay that will suck away hours of your life, but you'll be loving every bit of it.
  3. Nov 22, 2022
    My only hesitation in recommending it to Xbox players is the unwelcome presence of launch bugs that impede stage and achievement unlocks for some and other strange odds and ends. Patching has helped so far, and I hope it gets to be as relatively issue-free as the PC versions soon. Despite these early console setbacks, Vampire Survivors has quickly become one of my favorite games of all time. Consider this me grabbing the sides of your head and shouting, "Play Vampire Survivors, you fool!"