7.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. JimM.
    Mar 24, 2005
    Um... I think the other reviewers here are mixing this game up with 'Phantom Crash' - a strategical RPG title. This game however is a very deep, well presented action/RPG game. Definitely worth checking out!
  2. JamesA.
    Mar 24, 2007
    No other game like it, has great online, multiplayer never gets old, the game itself is amazing, the game a it's core is a card game but there is no turns and is like a third person shooter, endless amounts of "magic/cards" that you can acquire, if you like "Magic card game" this is for you 100%
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    AMAZING soundtrack: Classical music with a twist. Great multiplayer experience and great story.
    It's one downside: its VERY hard to play in multiplayer on split screen because every single player MUST have played on it's own at least half an hour on that very Xbox console in order to even have an arsenal to play with. But really it's the only downside to it. Other than that a fantastic game.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    This was one of the last games that came out for the original Xbox, right before the 360. It was pretty overlooked for this reason, but nevertheless its a great game. I have never, ever, liked a card based videogame before in my life. Essentially, thats what Phantom Dust is, a really awesome card game. It sounds weird, but it's really good. Great story, nice art style, and just aThis was one of the last games that came out for the original Xbox, right before the 360. It was pretty overlooked for this reason, but nevertheless its a great game. I have never, ever, liked a card based videogame before in my life. Essentially, thats what Phantom Dust is, a really awesome card game. It sounds weird, but it's really good. Great story, nice art style, and just a really fun game. Get this! Expand
  5. Jul 10, 2017
    Unlike anything I've ever played. Phantom Dust is and absolutely amazing real time card-action hybrid game. Great atmosphere and soundtrack accompany it.
  6. MattA
    Jan 8, 2010
    This game is extremley good, it was released in 2005 and im still playing it now in 2010, get this game its that good.
  7. LawrenceN.
    Oct 6, 2005
    I played the game today and it was awesome my favorite skill is bullet of fire.
  8. Will
    Mar 18, 2005
    It needs a few more arenas to fight in, but beyond that the game is great fun to play.
  9. AM
    Mar 29, 2005
    for $20 you can't beat it. The single player is a good 20 hr. tutorial for playing online multiplayer or split screen. the story is good for those who like it. The replay-ability is is good and the skills to collect are deep. It's a combat game mixed with trading card features, so if you like collecting things and planning strategy it's for you.
  10. MichaelB.
    Apr 17, 2005
    Easily worth it's $20 pricetag. It really is an awesome blend of strategy and action. With some tweaking, however, this one could have been a 10... Definitely one of the most unique games to come out on the XBox yet.
  11. MichaelR.
    Oct 27, 2004
    The game is near perfect if you like strategy-based real-time battle games. I know it's not a big genre, but this is the best I've played yet. Somone, anyone, please bring this to North America.
  12. PaulC.
    Apr 24, 2005
    I played a japanese demo of this gome on an OXM demo disk, though i could not understand what it sayed I loved the demo. Then when it was released I bought it. The American version was so much better and i could understand it.

#50 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#6 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

Generally favorable reviews - based on 37 Critic Reviews

1. Buried beneath the dusty clunker of a single player campaign is a ghost of a good multiplayer game.
  2. netjak
    On the outside the game has everything going for it - beautifully stylised visuals, atmospheric sound and an interesting storyline - but on the inside it's riddled with bad design choices that could have easily been avoided with a bit of extra thought from the developer.
  3. Play Magazine
    Perfect controls and breathtaking visuals aside, the localization here is also superb (Majesco grabbed this one post Microsoft polishing every nook and cranny), and the music is, in a word, euphoric. [Feb 2005, p.65]