Paramount Pictures | Release Date: April 6, 2018
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 1099 Ratings
Watch Now
AchtlosApr 10, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't recommend someone watch this over any other film, horror or not. The acting is solid, the premise of the film is ok. The plot and actions are predictable, and only unpredictable when they make no logical sense. The film pacing is amateur. The cgi alien is ok but derivative. The suspension of disbelief is nonexistent. The whole film culminates in the last family in at least their region, maybe the world, just shooting the alien in the face (with a shotgun), after such an long build up, we get that? There was no reason to have the father in the film at all, kill him off early and the tough mum could have carried it to the end. But the whole end was they shoot it? This film would be difficult to watch in a noisy household, the cinema goers laughing (and eating loudly or farting) was bad enough. I was desperately hoping the alien or the whole family stood on the damn nail one by one. Honestly, I wondered if an hour of movie was edited out, and there was a lot more story and a different ending before the final cut. Look out for that version. Expand
StevieNoominApr 7, 2018
First movie review ever - but my thoughts on this film are so polar opposite than the critics I feel compelled to write..

The premise of this movie is beyond idiotic, and as soon as you begin to ask yourself questions (who planted / harvested that corn quietly? why don't they set up a homestead near the noisy waterfall? why don't they have bird bangers or other noisemakers set up to go off at random intervals to disguise the noises they make? How is that baby so incredibly quiet? How is this family of four living on 3 fish a week? How was no one else on Earth able to find the solution to this problem - finding out how to turn their strength into a weakness seems pretty obvious) and on and on... the whole thing becomes so overwhelmingly dumb that it is hard to stay in the theatre. How could these morons be the only people left on Earth? I had not read any reviews before I went and I assumed it would be rated awfully - I could not believe it when I saw all of the positive reviews. If you want to enjoy this one, you will really need to turn your brain off entirely.
DanSApr 14, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. The aliens are blind, possessing extraordinaly sensitive hearing, yet they cannot sense the humans with sonar. Nevertheless, they navigate freely through trees, etc. 2. If humanity wanted to survive, couldn’t they have just sent out protective earmuffs to humanity, some instructions to soundproof their homes, and then ruined the aliens’ hearing with loud noises? Also, apparently a shotgun works. 3. I’m sorry, but after the boy dies in the beginning, there is no way that those parents are having sex in the near future. Yet, they do. Soon, they’re pregnant again. The world seems like a great place to raise a baby, doesn’t it? Stupid/non believable characters abound in this film. 4: The aliens are stupid. I feel sorry for them. The characters could have simply played a game of 'piggy in the middle', throwing sounds back and forth until the aliens ran themselves into a hole and died. 5. The old man in the forest. Just... what? I actually made a metacritic account just to say this movie is terrible. All you people giving this film 10/10... I don’t understand you. I mean, fair enough - we’re all entitled to an opinion, but really? Stop thinking with your wallets and your eyes. This film has no substance or intelligence... suspension of disbelief is impossible (I really wanted to like this film). You people raving about this film being brilliant, please go and watch Ridley Scott's ALIEN or John Carpenter’s THE THING, then see if you stand by your rating. Dan Expand
CLopez82Apr 7, 2018
Don't you just hate how noisy your shoes are?

Don't you just hate how noisy your shoes are?

This movie is apparently like an IQ test. I'd rather watch the Paris Hilton remake of "House of Wax", or "Jeepers Creepers 2" 10x than sit through this brain-dead POS 1 more time. It forces you to have quiet contemplative moments to reflect on how absolutely retarded its derivative plot devices, and all of its characters are.

Slim Whitman head explosions anyone? JFC!

Where's Vin Diesel when we need him? ...wait, wrong sense. My bad.

Sand? Sand!

Why use a lantern if you have so many lightbulbs? Gotta start fires somehow I guess. That Monopoly money's not gonna burn itself. Oxygen cannister? Butane lighter! Check.

Where'd that peksy baby coffin lid go? Who cares!

Why don't monsters sink in corn? I dunno... Dort dort dort!!!

25 security cameras, 100 jury-rigged hearing aids, 2,000 red lightbulbs, and not a single wired up airhorn? Sure... Why not.

How heavy is sand? How do you harvest corn quietly? If I shout over a HAM radio, and nobody's tuned in, does it make a sound?

Shrug.

Waterfalls! Of course! WATERFALLS!

...and candles! We need MORE candles!!! Kids, follow the sand-trail downtown and GET ME MORE CANDLES!

And more farm-to-table family dinners, more Edison lights, and more g-darn electric lightbulb-lit kerosene lanterns sitting on top of hay stacks.

...and stupid children, we'll need a lot more of those!!!

J F F'ing C this is the best-rated absolutely horrible movie I've ever sat through... Blair Witch Project has been de-throned, and I dread the clones to follow.

The weed at SXSW must have been pretty damn good ... (Psst... I created an account on here just to post this, because it's that bad. I tried not to include spoilers, but the plot is so mind-numbingly bad I think I maybe crypto-spolied it. Whispering is effective.)
georgiadrewApr 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Movie Goes NO-Where - but quietly. Plot is filled with gaps: where did alien invaders come from and why didn't the army shoot them? why have a baby in this world? why didn't the scientists at Harvard and MIT figure out how to get rid of them - when a 12 year old girl could? Good if you are a middle school kid, otherwise it's a big disappointment. Expand
greghellApr 9, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have never left a review for a movie before but this movie is so bad and for some strange reason has such good reviews that I felt compelled to write one. You have to skip the first 45 minutes if you don't want to fall asleep. After you've wasted 45 minutes of your life your get another 45 minutes of nonsense. A horror movie is supposed to be scary at some point, not this horror classic, maybe there are scary moments but maybe I missed them while yawning. The creatures weakness is sound, and no one in the planet figured that out? I thought of using sound against them 30 seconds into the movie. Having a kid? guess no condoms in post apocalyptic world. People sink in the corno silo but not the monster, guess they have levitation powers. The monster ripped open the silo in seconds but cant tear open the truck, guess he was tired. They drove an old truck down a mountain but those sounds didn't attract the monster, really?????. The sound proof room is suddenly flooded, where is this water coming from? no river or pond close by, guess we have magic water in this movie. And the electricity, the have electric power which we have no idea the source of this power, maybe the have infinity stones o something. These are just a few of the plot holes, too many to list. I tried to enjoy this movie but it was just too too bad. Expand
Rebecca31Apr 6, 2018
Builds the tension to perfection, I absolutely loved A Quiet Place. A family must live out their lives in silence to avoid being killed by mysterious monsters that hunt purely by sound. A gripping and hugely intense experience. I know it’sBuilds the tension to perfection, I absolutely loved A Quiet Place. A family must live out their lives in silence to avoid being killed by mysterious monsters that hunt purely by sound. A gripping and hugely intense experience. I know it’s only April but this might just be the best horror of the year.

Starring and directed by John Krasinski, also starring Emily Blunt, Noah Jupe and Millicent Simmonds. A horror/thriller done right, A Quiet Place delivers exactly what you expect and more. It wastes no time getting started, you’re plunged into silence for a good portion of the film so for all you noisy popcorn munchers out there you’ve been warned. A movie that requires everyone to remain quiet, every sound is deafening and the frights have an even greater impact. A tense and thrilling experience build around a simple yet original idea. A Quiet Place achieves what many horrors fail at, it doesn’t fall apart in the third act but more importantly it will scare you. Highly recommended.
Ch3wIe_69Apr 7, 2018
Made an account just to give this piece of junk a review. Who are these people giving thumbs down to negative reviews here? Why does this movie have such high reviews from rotten tomatoes, Washington post, IMDb, Roger Ebert? Has the worldMade an account just to give this piece of junk a review. Who are these people giving thumbs down to negative reviews here? Why does this movie have such high reviews from rotten tomatoes, Washington post, IMDb, Roger Ebert? Has the world gone mad? The movie is slow. And when i say "slow," I mean very slow. The movie felt like a drag from beginning to end. Being a Michael Bay movie (I didnt know going into it), it lacks entertainment and action, let alone big explosions. The movie is mostly in sign language and the theater was so quiet that I could hear people farting. It might as well have been filmed in black and white. The movie lacked substance, plot, setting and acting was mediocre. Please dont waste your money, you have been WARNED. I would have given it a negative rating if I could. I await the thumbs down with PRIDE!!! Expand
kyle20ellisApr 12, 2020
With most of the Worlds population having been killed by creatures, of an unknown origin, that hunt using sound the Abbott family have found refuge on a small farm but must still be wary of making any noise.

After a shocking prologue I found

After a shocking prologue I found the A Quiet Place rather slow going for the first half hour or so. The excellent cast, including the always reliable Emily Blunt, always keep things watchable however and as proceedings ramp up in the second half of the movie the original premise leads to some really tense, dramatic and emotional scenes. One for those who don't mind their horror movies on the slower side.
ajzeg01Sep 21, 2019
This is a very original concept for a horror film. The movie is suspenseful, brutal, and very effective. I was afraid to eat my Skittles while watching this in the theatre because I didn’t want to make any noise! However, I do have someThis is a very original concept for a horror film. The movie is suspenseful, brutal, and very effective. I was afraid to eat my Skittles while watching this in the theatre because I didn’t want to make any noise! However, I do have some problems with it. I think you see the monsters way too much for them to be very scary, and there are some things that happen in the movie that just don’t make any sense. The design of the monsters I also found to be quite unoriginal. I feel like I’ve seen elements of these monsters in a million other movies. I don’t think this film will hold up very well on repeat viewings, but it was a great theatre experience, possibly my favourite of the year. Expand
movingpicturesMay 18, 2020
Both overrated and a very good movie. I love the use of sound. Its suspense is wonderful! However, the plot is very simple, and the ending was meh - especially compared to what came before it.
loremMar 30, 2020
An interesting film, with a story full of tension and suspense, told in an original way, despite the fact that it has a post-apocalyptic cliché premise.
Troubledkid97Dec 27, 2018
There are a few non-logical things here and there in this film like other reviews have pointed out. But I've seen a truckload of horror movies that can't even follow the simplest logic. At least this movie has a coherent plot. If you want aThere are a few non-logical things here and there in this film like other reviews have pointed out. But I've seen a truckload of horror movies that can't even follow the simplest logic. At least this movie has a coherent plot. If you want a good scare and aren't too nit picky, this movie is for you. Expand
MoviezNPMar 6, 2019
Take notes, you so-called horror film writers and directors. The primary requirement for a horror movie to be good is to be thrilling and being intense. Not just cheap scares or silence followed by an incomprehensibly loud noise. .
Good :
Good : "A Quiet Place" directed by John Krasinski is a genuine and tensed horror/thriller. It has a unique premise and backstory. The setup for the story has been done well. The performances by John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, along with the child actors is awesome. The direction of Krasinski is "awesomer". The tension and the thrills were genuinely great. That's something I have not seen in a horror/thriller for a long time. Speaking of horror, what we take as "scary" is totally subjective. If you're watching this to get some jumpscares or to see a ghost, this ain't your movie. There are many moments that give us the feeling of getting into the jaws of death, unexpectedly. Those were some real thrills. And, the characters know what's gonna kill them and why. So, whenever such things take place, the tension is amplified (no pun intended) and whether or not they are gonna succeed at the particular moment keeps you terrified. For me, anything that keeps you terrified is real horror than some ghosts and jumpscares, so I got my "horror" part in this movie, after a long time. It's not that it doesn't have any false scares, just one or two though. Whenever something goes wrong, you can feel the s**t happening. That's some incredible directing. .
Mixed : The final moments were a bit less satisfying for a thrill ride we witnessed for the majority of the movie. There are some notable plot holes regarding some sounds making no significance in the context of the movie's own rules, the way a lot of food, medicines don't get used up after such a long time, the crops being harvested (without any noise?) etc. The movie also shows certain stuff as if it was trying to say "see this is a plot device, see see SEE!" and it actually is so. .
Bad : One plotline with Emily Blunt and her "youngest child" was something that made no sense to be honest as per the movie's own rules and was obvious to play out in the later part of the movie. The way it was playing out was damn good, but we knew that something was up regarding this. .
Conclusion : I cannot overlook the flaws but man, I had a great time watching the movie. It's flawed but intriguing. It's probably the first Krasinski movie (directorial) I liked so much. .
Rating. .
Score : 8.3/10
Grade : A-
RtheomMay 30, 2018
This was an okay film, but it needed to be thought through a bit more. The universe they've created doesn't follow a set of logical rules and the characters are only half baked. I couldn't believe the family in this movie would survive a weekThis was an okay film, but it needed to be thought through a bit more. The universe they've created doesn't follow a set of logical rules and the characters are only half baked. I couldn't believe the family in this movie would survive a week in this apocalyptic world, let alone over a year. The actors did the best with what they could, but you can tell that the direction was lacking. Overall, it was enjoyable enough, but it mostly just felt like the monster chase scene from every horror movie ever stretched to a full movie length. Cool idea, but not the best execution. Expand
TyranianApr 12, 2019
One of the best horror/thrillers I've seen and apart from the loss of the son this film is very clever.
Iky009Jan 4, 2019
Ao mesmo tempo que me surpreendi com a qualidade da trama, vi também um filme que explora muito bem sua incrível premissa, juntando a tensão, drama e a inquietação, nunca pensei que o poder do som poderia ser tão assustador.
akino3Jan 20, 2019
We all know you need to keep silent when there are aliens roaming outside. But, what if you needed to do this all the time to stay alive? That's what makes this movie so great, bear the unbearable...
EtiliasFeb 25, 2019
What can I say, I cried, I screamed, it was awesome. Both John and Emily did an amazing job in the movie and at times I was eating my own damn fingers from all the tension.
SamComedianFeb 24, 2019
"A Quiet Place" en Inglés o "Un Lugar Tranquilo" titulada en Castellano, una película que te hará estar en tensión de principio a fin.
Emily Blunt está increíble en la cinta, con una de sus mejores actuaciones sin duda, por otra parte, cabe destacar también, la gran actuación de su marido, John Krasinski.
Un filme diferente a lo visto hasta ahora en el cine, unas criaturas que han llegado a la tierra con un oído super desarrollado, al mínimo ruido, estaremos perdidos.
Una película de 10 sobre 10, increíble. Mi Decimo segunda critica u/o review de la sección de Movies.
Jes1310Jan 18, 2019
Great script, brilliant acting (how did they make the kids perform like that), great story. Just a great little indie horror film, which is a must see.
NoahPfisterFeb 27, 2019
How to make a horror movie masterpiece, a lesson by John Krasinski: Have the horror movie be a drama first and horror second. It's amazing that Jim Halpert from the Office had a horror movie masterpiece in him. It's something you'd neverHow to make a horror movie masterpiece, a lesson by John Krasinski: Have the horror movie be a drama first and horror second. It's amazing that Jim Halpert from the Office had a horror movie masterpiece in him. It's something you'd never expect from him. Ever. Needless to say, this movie IS a masterpiece, with a solid premise that really excites anyone who hears it. A Quiet Place will have you gripping your seat from start to end. It's brilliantly acted, directed, and co-written by John Krasinski, proving that he may be a director to reckon with in the near future. Emily Blunt gives a solid performance and so does the kids, who you'd think would be the worst part of a movie like this, but they're really good and super believable. The story (besides the incredible premise) is brief but brings power with every scene that is put on screen. You will quickly care for this family, more so than other on-screen characters in other horror movies. Plus, it is clear that the writers played situations cleverly, using spoken words only when the situation actually calls for it. No one's an idiot (actually one exception but spoiler) and the family is betrayed in a way that makes you believe they're real, which is really hard for the horror genre. With amazing pacing, and use of sound, A Quiet Place manages to build tension in the most brilliant way possible -- and Marco Beltrami's nail biting score only adds to this tension building. The creatures are nothing short of terrifying, and could possibly land a place next to Alien and Predator in terms of design and pay off. The movie uses sound so excellently and only makes for a more intense experience. If there is one downside, it's that some of the scares seem really cheap and I mean REALLY cheap. Plus, there is a few (TINY) parts that could be considered plot holes, but they're easily forgiven -- same with the CHEAP scares, because it is as I said before, the horror takes second and the drama takes priority. At its heart, A Quiet Place is a family drama about humans (a family) having to adapt to a new and dangerous threat, while also teaching a valuable lesson on family and the importance of the sense that is sound. You should watch it, then watch it again, because this movie deserves it, and other horror movies should be taking note, because THIS is how GOOD HORROR is done. Expand
SteerpikeApr 11, 2018
Mysterious my foot. You've seen Alien? They're Aliens. The best thing about this film was the audience; not a peep out of them (bar the occasional gasp,) the entire running time. Good sound design didn't need the intrusively ominous score andMysterious my foot. You've seen Alien? They're Aliens. The best thing about this film was the audience; not a peep out of them (bar the occasional gasp,) the entire running time. Good sound design didn't need the intrusively ominous score and if you've seen a film where someone clamps their hand over their mouth while a glistening spiky monster hisses and crackles past behind them, then you've seen this. The scariest thing in the movie is def a nail sticking out of a plank. Not so much a series of set-pieces as one set-piece played out ten times. Another five minutes and I would have become inpatient. Expand
moviemitch96Apr 6, 2018
Interesting and clever concept, so-so execution. Krasinski is able to balance both directing and starring in the film rather well, but his ideas towards the story seemed a bit scattershot at times. In addition, I felt as though it became moreInteresting and clever concept, so-so execution. Krasinski is able to balance both directing and starring in the film rather well, but his ideas towards the story seemed a bit scattershot at times. In addition, I felt as though it became more and more predictable towards the end and the ending was quite a cop out to me. I will say however that the chemistry between Krasinski and his wife/costar Emily Blunt and the two children (Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) was well-done. Overall, it really was an ambitious idea for a story, but it fell rather short of its potential in my opinion. Expand
mrdr4gonApr 7, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The performances and much of the second half of the film makes up for the amount of illogical and pointless things that happen in the name of creating tension that actually don't do that at all. In the end it feels like a Doctor Who episode in as much as we're basically watching a character slowly work out something that has been mercilessly hammered into our skulls as an audience. That's what most of the movie is in the end. Split on rating this a 5 or 6 but I guess I'll be generous. Expand
BeastJ18Apr 23, 2018
I did not expect such a riveting and heart-pounding film from John Krasinski. It is terrifying and touching. The editing and cinematography lends to the extreme degree of tension that the sound design creates. The performances all-round areI did not expect such a riveting and heart-pounding film from John Krasinski. It is terrifying and touching. The editing and cinematography lends to the extreme degree of tension that the sound design creates. The performances all-round are fantastic and very believable, surprising given the extreme nature of the situation. I was however disappointed in some of the logic and decision making throughout. Also, an important reveal and the pacing of the action at the beginning took away from some of the tension and psychological impact. Expand
marcmyworksAug 3, 2018
Though not necessarily all that scary, A Quiet Place is a roller coaster of tension. It truly is an original film in an era of reboots and remakes. I praise the acting of John Krasinski and Emily Blunt who have proved to be some ofThough not necessarily all that scary, A Quiet Place is a roller coaster of tension. It truly is an original film in an era of reboots and remakes. I praise the acting of John Krasinski and Emily Blunt who have proved to be some of Hollywood’s leading talent. Expand
deadsparrowMay 18, 2018
This movie has a lot of plot holes and you have to be willing to suspend disbelief. If you can do that this is a story that you can enjoy for the problems it offers you to think about and for the periodic scares it delivers. Emily Blunt isThis movie has a lot of plot holes and you have to be willing to suspend disbelief. If you can do that this is a story that you can enjoy for the problems it offers you to think about and for the periodic scares it delivers. Emily Blunt is the lead actor but the two children add to the tension as it develops. A rating of 6 is generous but Emily is too good looking for anything less. Expand
SoulWarfareMay 28, 2018
An amazing new fresh idea for the horror genre that while uses some horror cliches still manages to grip you and keep you on the edge of your seat
FatalBrushApr 27, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked the movie even though it didn't take the direction the trailer suggested. The first half focuses on setting the environment and characters, which I thought was interesting but not something I'd have watched throughout the complete film. The second half brings in drama and tension which makes the best part of the movie eventually. Overall an interesting concept, cinematic setup and great acting. I'd recommend this movie. Expand
amehannaNov 20, 2018
Psycho, The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, Seven, all part of the history of cinematic psychological thrillers, all leaving a mark on audiences, and now they are joined by A Quiet Place.

The film, without a prologue, tells the story of the

The film, without a prologue, tells the story of the Abbott family of four as they navigate their lives in silence after mysterious creatures that hunt by sound threaten their survival. Actor-Director John Krasinski crafts this film with a focus not on the “scares”, not on the “creatures” but on the aspect of the narrative’s core family, all the while ensuring that every single beat the narrative sets up is used and paid-off later in the film.

By placing emphasis on the family, Krasinski gives this film a level of intimacy that heightens the fear-filled experience of the overall picture.

A Quiet Place’s success rests on three elements of production.

The first is the shoulders of the cast due to the fact that the narrative from a macro-level is a simple survival film, but on the micro-level, the film is about the family and their connection with each other, their love for each other, and how far parents would go to protect their own.

Emily Blunt delivers what it by far her most powerful and genuine performances of her career as the matriarch of the family.

Having to worry about giving birth to a new baby, while dealing with the loss of her youngest son, Blunt has to present a very dynamic, layered, and complex character in the most grounded way possible.

Blunt’s performance should force the Academy to nominate performances in genre films more often because she deserves a nod for this.

The two younger actors Noah Jupe and Millicent Simmonds in many ways upstage their older counterparts.

Millicent Simmonds, who is actually deaf, brings in a concreteness to her performance and a reality that aids the film feel more grounded. Simmonds plays the feisty rebellious daughter who is trying to figure out her place within her family and trying to come to terms with the loss of her youngest brother while partly blaming herself for his passing and fearing that her father dislikes her.

Noah Jupe’s innocence and heart also offers the film its vulnerability that is needed for a narrative like this. His character’s arc as a young boy having to grow up and the fear and struggle to learn to be the man of the family.

John Krasinski’s maturity and ability to juggle three positions (actor, director, and producer), also delivers a heart-felt performance as the family’s patriarch.

In a touching scene, Blunt’s Evelyn asks Krasinski’s Lee, “Who are we if we can’t protect them?” – a question that resonates in this day and age with the world being a dark and hopeless place.

Krasinski, a father of two, clearly brings forth his human and fatherly fears and infuses it into every single scene in the film.

The second aspect that brings forth A Quiet Place’s success is its intricate sound design and sound mixing. Creating sonic envelopes, a dynamically layered soundscape that shifts perspectives to enrich the audience’s experience within the film, the sound designers and sound mixers strike a home run with their work on this feature.

Sound in the film is the enemy of this family, it is the antagonist of the film in many ways which makes the narrative quite interesting.

The final element that ensures this film becoming a film listed in top psychological thriller lists, is its universal ideology.

Sure, Krasinski has stated that the film is about what parents would do to protect their own, but deep down the film is more than that.

The film, with sound being the thing that brings about danger, tackles how families sometimes avoid speaking to each other in fear of hurting one another.

The father who won’t forgets to remind his daughter that he loves her, the mother that can’t get over how in her heart she feels that she failed her son, the son who doesn’t want to take over his father’s role, and the daughter who wants to be a leader and not let herself be labeled by her disability.

This layer brings such a reality to the film that will hit you in your core.

A Quiet Place is a must-see, not as a psychological thriller, not for the adrenaline rush, but for its masterful craftsmanship as a film about the need for communication and the importance of family.
OwenMansellMay 25, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film takes place in a present day where earth has been taken over by aliens that can only hunt by sound. The film centres around a family trying to survive in a very unnatural environment, rather than showing the whole world going into chaos, we only see the family and one old man that has been overcome by the silence. This eerie effect that they may be the only humans left on earth along with a constant silence shows that silence in horror can be just as effective as loud jump scares. Expand
ScorpioZeroMar 1, 2019
John Krasinski is such a brilliant director!!
he makes such unique and original movies!!
John Krasinski is such a brilliant director!!
he makes such unique and original movies!!
When I watched this WONDERFUL movie, I noticed that I had to be quiet. It was the most stressful and the hardest thing I have ever done during a movie. For example, when it was a really quiet scary part, (I watched this with my dad) all you can hear is CRUNCH
bythewaybtwAug 13, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here's a quiz for you (spoilers? Maybe?): In what movie does (in no particular order) one of the parents die; aliens overrun the world; society can't figure out the blaringly-obvious way to defeat the aliens even though they're also affected by pretty mundane things, as it turns out; both kids have some sort of condition or quirk going on, and one of those quirks or conditions leads to the solution for defeating the aliens?

Ding ding ding: That's right- It's SIGNS, by M. Night Shyamalan!

Yes, A Quiet Place has some solid acting and solid direction, and cheers to allowing for an actual, hearing-impaired person to play a hearing-impaired person. It's a little scarier, but honestly also a little more dense in the way of the suspension of disbelief (you did NOT seriously just get away with having a baby right next to a sound boogen; no, the deaf girl is NOT going to be aware of all the sound she makes even just breathing, let alone walking through a CORNFIELD). Frankly, however, I prefer the symbolism, humor, character arcs, and storytelling that came with Signs. There was very little to absolutely none of that in A Quiet Place, which honestly made the theater quite a quiet place.
sgy0003Apr 7, 2018
I did not find the movie scary, as I have grown out of monster-type horror movies. The monster itself wasn't that groundbreaking, as it looked very generic.

What the movie excels at is expressing human emotion without speaking a single word. Most of the movie dialog is through sign language and facial expression, and you can tell what the characters in the movie are going through. There are moments when they are able to speak without attracting the monster, but those scenes aren't as powerful as the rest of the movie.

Overall, all the actors did an amazing job at making the characters feel real.
Astor_Apr 23, 2018
The story revolves around a family (of 4, after the youngest son died) being 'stuck' in a farm, where its general surrounding (and likely the entire rural country side area) is being roamed by three flesh eating aliens/monsters. TheseThe story revolves around a family (of 4, after the youngest son died) being 'stuck' in a farm, where its general surrounding (and likely the entire rural country side area) is being roamed by three flesh eating aliens/monsters. These monsters are unique in that they are blind, but highly sensitive to loud sounds/noises, which they rely sorely on for hunting preys. The first early part of the film has slight problem on the pacing. Things start to get tense when the family members in the film got separated, and subjected to traumatic, life threatening attacks by the monsters, after an accidental loud noise in the house attracted them directly to the farm. Other than the horror aspect, the family love/bonding aspect is reflected very strongly, and brought out in an emotional, though sad way.

This is an above average horror movie you should consider watching, even if you are not a fan of horror films.

By the way, I read some of the negative reviews, which are mostly complaints about illogical parts in the film. Seriously, it is impossible to make a 'good' horror film if the film maker has to to be logical to the dot. Horror and science fiction is about make-believe made into a story. In fact, if every film is subjected to high level scientific scrutiny in the logical aspect, almost all films (especially horror and sci-fic genre) will be **** If the film never mention about any logic aspect of any plots or ideas in the film, it is either meant to be unknown or open-ended. If you want the proper answer, ASK the director or screen writer. If you want logic based video productions, go watch science documentaries. Do not consider watching any horror/sci fic films, since they will all seem illogical to you. And if this movie is a bad horror film, then what is a good horror film? Name any title that qualifies that. lol
KaitouApr 20, 2018
An incredibly detailed story that focuses on family relations. You may think you have a plot hole in the movie, but read the newspapers and remember the days! They list every reason why your "plot hole" is wrong. What may be bad about the movie is the massive amount of unnecessary jump scares, but it adds to the theme of A Quiet Place. Other than fabulous acting by the Millicent Simmonds, the best thing about the movie is sound direction. Each character has their own version of hearing everything and every time the camera moves to them, you will hear what they hear. You know each character's roles and how they feel in every situation. There is a screen which shows a death and a suicide, which may deter you and probably the only confusing part of the movie (anyone may comment on it here if they have a better explanation) - the only value it would add is the importance of family and how losing your loved ones can effect you. The conclusion was very well though-out because it was a random chance, not something scientifically articulated.
en_peyar_varunMay 20, 2018
'A Quiet Place' manages to blend horror with emotions and each and every creek propagates the fear to the audience, making them root for the characters. Emily Blunt's career best, award winning performance ( especially the labor scene) powers'A Quiet Place' manages to blend horror with emotions and each and every creek propagates the fear to the audience, making them root for the characters. Emily Blunt's career best, award winning performance ( especially the labor scene) powers the movie along with the knack for inducing horror, thanks to John Krasinski. Expand
back_in_1939Apr 7, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Funny Things:
A Character Dies because she's deaf.
and A Character Lived because she's deaf.
ViniciusBritoApr 14, 2018
The best thing about the movie is surely the world building that they did, the role system that the characters had to not make one single sound was great, they literally thought in everything. The characters did placed something that itThe best thing about the movie is surely the world building that they did, the role system that the characters had to not make one single sound was great, they literally thought in everything. The characters did placed something that it seemed to be salt, or something, in the paths that they needed to use for then, it doesn't make any sound by the steps. The kids playing a board game, using cotton as their game pieces, throwing dice at the carpet. Using sign language, it's incredible how even the kids knew how to use the system, like the parents probably taugh them since they were little children. The movie also showed how the family were self sufficient, how they get their food, in the river, or with planting and showing a place full of corn, and that they usually go to the city to take some supplies.
Delivering problems and bigger situations than the plot itself, like Emily characters is preagnant, throughout the movie you keep asking yourself, how in hell she will get a baby without warning the monsters and the movie delivery it with mastery. One of the kids is deaf and the father try to make a device for her to star listening and foward on the story it does have a bigger purpose, isn't their just for be, everything does have a meaning in the story. And they also did show how they could warn when some monster was close without making one sound, they literally though in everything. The characters cannot make a sound, but the script put them in the most impossible situations to not make a sound as possible, it is sadistic. The atmosphere and the sound of this movie are just amazing, like every minumum sound you can hear and be afraid that if it was to loud, the sound design for this one is fabulous.
It is scary and terrifying in some moments, the movie have a prologue that just show us perfectly without one word how the movie will be, it does gave to us that sensation of danger that can be reached with a simple error, making a minimum noise, it does this perfectly, you got tense during the movie, any sound that they do, you got paralyzed and scared of what might happen. Every single sequence with the monsters were phenomenal, they are scary and dangerous, because they can't see it does make it so much more intense, it did reminded me a little bit of The Last of Us and Until Dawn.
All the actors did a tremendously good job. Emily Blunt in general did a great job, but are some sequences that i won't mention because it is spoiler, but in some particular moment that she is hurt with her baby and is passing for a big struggle, she can pass the perfect idea of despair and fear, her face and full composition of body delivery it perfectly, she is holding emotions. John Krasinski also did a great job, he have a expression of concern that i completely bought it, he can express the idea of love and that he is trying to do the best for his family, he also is the director, wich did a phenomenal job at it. Millicent Simmonds character is actually deaf, just like the actress, and she did a great job in expressing her rebellion in some situations, her concerning with his brother and a possible blaming herself moment. Noah Jupe wich is the other son of the couple, he is very good, doensn't have much to do as the others, but he does express perfectly his fear and his trust on his father, he is concern and did a very good job.
It is somethings in the movie that was bad and didn't make sense at all, there is one sequence with Emily in a situation, a situation that is important and you got curious about what is going to happen, then the scene is cutted for another thing, and when it does come back to Emily the role situation is gone like nothing did happened, that seemed like a continuation failure on the movie. Later on the movie are two situations that i didn't though that was righ, with the boy. The cgi and design of the monsters was great, they are scary and completely pass that dangerous and disturbing sense, every time that they showed you got stunned by them, they are completely ferocious and super violent, you understand how they are and wich are their abbilities, the movie did it in a great way.
The cinematography is great, like if you are not hearing much, your vision gets more sharpened, every cam is creative, they put a lot of empty places at the scene, for us to get scary and tense if the monster will show up, the characters are put against light to make us concentrate more in the background, and when the monster is on screen it does change to a more close one for us to not know where is it. There is one color thing that when it is showed the red, the dangerousity sense goes so high that i can't even remember when i got that feeling before.
The end of the movie with some new knowledge gained during the film, make the end being the best possible, getting implicit what is going to happen and letting the viewer thinking how did it go.
BloodAndWineJul 4, 2018
First half had promise but it falls apart in the second half. Overbearing score, too much foreshadowing, and the movie's internal logic doesn't seem to be too well thought. I don't think all the rave reviews will do this movie any favors asFirst half had promise but it falls apart in the second half. Overbearing score, too much foreshadowing, and the movie's internal logic doesn't seem to be too well thought. I don't think all the rave reviews will do this movie any favors as it has fallen far below expectations. Overall, it's a mediocre movie that squanders it's potential. Expand
drlowdonMay 26, 2018

After a shocking prologue I found

ViolettJul 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros: - Nice and unique idea - to live without sound - Emily Blunt is great actress, acting at all, of all actors in this move is good - Daughter-actress is deaf in real life - this was strong and noble act by director

Cons: numerous plot holes, NUMEROUS - First of all - who in such place and such time ever so stupid to give birth to children? Worst place imaginable. No condoms or? Beyond stupid - Why in the world they have so many light devices but only one firework to distract creatures out? Seriously, some air horns away from home? No? But more lamps for sure!

Well, I understand those terrible plot holes had to be here to make a movie as it is. In other time I would give it 2 or 3 out of 10, but now I give it 7 due to pros. Can I recommend it? I'm not sure, prolly not though.
gmonster320Nov 25, 2018
A gripping story about how sound can kill (and we humans are a noisy bunch). John Krasinski (who also wrote and directed) and Emily Blunt (they are married IRL) do their best to protect their family but it isnt easy. Fortunately there isA gripping story about how sound can kill (and we humans are a noisy bunch). John Krasinski (who also wrote and directed) and Emily Blunt (they are married IRL) do their best to protect their family but it isnt easy. Fortunately there is enough character development in "A Quiet Place" so we care about this group and root for their survival. You'll be thinking about sound in a new way after the movie ends. Would you be able to survive in such an environment? I'm not sure I could. Expand
ugurrAug 7, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Positive Sides Negative Sides + fluent - There is an annoying little girl + marvelous actors - There aren't be explained how the creatures came out + an original subject - The end of the story by leaves to the audience + it is very moving second half to film's Expand
JLuis_001Apr 18, 2018
I'd heard true horror stories about the terrible experience that several viewers had while watching this films with rude audiences so I decided to wait a bit longer to watch it and it was worth it. A room with more than 100 seats and only 4I'd heard true horror stories about the terrible experience that several viewers had while watching this films with rude audiences so I decided to wait a bit longer to watch it and it was worth it. A room with more than 100 seats and only 4 other people in there with me and most importantly all them in complete silence.

Speaking about the film I think the noise and hype that is causing is somewhat excessive but I must give credit to John Krasinski for being his first film as a director because he delivers a solid film of horror and suspense that even though makes some argumentative mistakes like bringing a baby to the world when the world is now a **** up place, its narrative method works very well especially to immerse you inside the story and get people to pay full attention. After all if they don't have words they have the images and that is enough for this film.

Quite commendable because thanks to its way of telling its story it reminds the public how a movie should be enjoyed: In complete silence.
eberman123Apr 29, 2018
A fantastic film. Great acting, suspenseful and exciting. One of the best horror films ever.
manningn15May 13, 2019
This is my 2nd favorite horror movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. The atmosphere of the movie was cool, creepy, and fantastically scary. I loved how original the concept of the movie was. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski gaveThis is my 2nd favorite horror movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. The atmosphere of the movie was cool, creepy, and fantastically scary. I loved how original the concept of the movie was. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski gave performances that were stupendous and Millicent Simmonds also gave a great performance. John Krasinski's direction that he took the movie was spectacular. The visual effects were terrific, the creatures were creepy and awesome. The sound design for the movie was very impressive. I also loved the use of sign language by the cast. An A+ movie. Expand
CTHReviewsNov 1, 2018
I really really enjoyed A Quiet Place. Lots of great visual storytelling, brilliant acting, and (mostly) great characters. Although the parents make a choice that sounds incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.
ahmedaiman9999Jul 1, 2018
Without exaggeration, the setup for the story here is the best in any movie in this decade so far. Just from the opening scene I felt the tension, I became invested in this world that Krasinski's terrific direction has built, I becameWithout exaggeration, the setup for the story here is the best in any movie in this decade so far. Just from the opening scene I felt the tension, I became invested in this world that Krasinski's terrific direction has built, I became invested in the characters, and I already started to root for them. I can't believe how cleverly the rules that were established, and how smartly every detail and idea has been utilized to make this world as scary as it realistic!

All the performances are superb! Noah Jupe again proves that he has a very bright future, and Millicent Simmonds's performance is equally brilliant. John Krasinski's performance is as compelling as his direction. As for Emily Blunt, I think she gave her best performance in her career. Yes, I believe that her performance in A Quiet Place is superior to her performances in Sicario and Edge of Tomorrow. But to be honest, the situations her character are put in, and the conditions that surrounded her are what made Emily Blunt gave this Oscar-worthy performance. Of course, this due to the movie's intelligent script.

Speaking of the screenplay, I think it's the main reason this movie is so special. Krasinski's direction of course helped to create the creepy and special atmosphere therefore helped to set up the movie's story. But it's the original script that established all that, and fleshed out the characters even with almost no dialogue.

Despite the film's low budget, the special effects are spectacular. This is the second time I see great special effects in a low-budget film. the first time was in a good indie film called I Kill Giants. Check it out if you haven't seen it, it worth it.

The characters aren't just well-written or compelling, but I found myself totally invested in them. I got all the emotions the characters felt. In fact, I felt that I was experiencing what they were feeling in many different situations. I held my breath when the character were in danger, no pun intended. I literally stopped breathing! Also, I cried twice in this movie! So I think that's enough to tell how emotionally connected with the characters I was, and this is a "Horror Film"!

As for issues, there were 3 or 4 decisions that aren't so subtle, as usual in horror movies. The jump scares were fine and somewhat effective, except maybe one or two.

A Quiet Place is my favorite movie of this year, so far! And I asked myself two questions after watching it, the first question is:
Have we, as cinephiles, ever needed talkies?
The second one is:
When will I raise my voice again while talking? Because every one I talked to after watching A Quiet Place struggled to hear a single word from me!

(9/10)
seanreneauMay 23, 2018
A Quiet Place is well shot and creative. John Krasimski is great as the father and directed it fantasticly.
SmileSongMay 8, 2018
Gripping, enthralling, interesting, and terrifying, but submerged under plot holes, un-necessary decisions, and strange pacing, A Quiet Place is a breath of fresh air that viewers will want to take in as quietly as possble. Best watched in aGripping, enthralling, interesting, and terrifying, but submerged under plot holes, un-necessary decisions, and strange pacing, A Quiet Place is a breath of fresh air that viewers will want to take in as quietly as possble. Best watched in a quiet room with the lights off. Expand
BakibenzMay 21, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The concept is great and there are plenty of good scares. Having said that, the ending really ruined the film for me. It was just stupid. Expand
GrachechkovskiAug 9, 2018
I like the movie by horror new wave's style and it's one of beautiful example. Ideal film for actors because it almost has not dialog. Also, I don't like children in this movie because they give the impression that they want to killI like the movie by horror new wave's style and it's one of beautiful example. Ideal film for actors because it almost has not dialog. Also, I don't like children in this movie because they give the impression that they want to kill everyone. So, I recommended to watch it in a quiet place Expand
othassnsDec 27, 2018
this film brought me a great mix of feelings that no other film of the genre sharpens me, the majestic direction of john krasinski leaves the public tense from beginning to end, who marries perfectly with the great performances, thus becomingthis film brought me a great mix of feelings that no other film of the genre sharpens me, the majestic direction of john krasinski leaves the public tense from beginning to end, who marries perfectly with the great performances, thus becoming the best film of the genre in that year! Expand
kinopan725Oct 14, 2018
THE STORY IS VERY SIMPLE BUT VERY NICE,
i saw many horror movie,this one WAS really good,
but the movie was too short . you should 100% watch it
harvdog03Oct 31, 2018
Really good movie. I feel that many things were expressed in this movie with the actors being almost completely silent. It had some really deep feels as well.
BennyCKChiaDec 17, 2018
The best cinematic experience in five years since GRAVITY. While the sci-fi featured audience a space travel experience especially when watched in IMAX, this unconventional horror chills audience with its soundless terror. Excellent script,The best cinematic experience in five years since GRAVITY. While the sci-fi featured audience a space travel experience especially when watched in IMAX, this unconventional horror chills audience with its soundless terror. Excellent script, flawless cinematography plus top notch acting from an ensemble cast makes this a cult classic horror of its kind. One of my best movie in 2018. Expand
AussieNateJan 3, 2019
A very taut thriller with excellent performances. I feel like this movie would be even better without a score- play on the silence a bit more. Excellent flick, thoigh.
MaxJadueApr 7, 2018
John Krasinski proves himself a worthy director with "A Quiet Place". From the very first scene, you're locked in for a suspenseful, clever film with plenty of scares to go around. Overall, "A Quiet Place" is a contained, solid film withJohn Krasinski proves himself a worthy director with "A Quiet Place". From the very first scene, you're locked in for a suspenseful, clever film with plenty of scares to go around. Overall, "A Quiet Place" is a contained, solid film with almost nothing to complain about. Expand
WaelApr 18, 2018
With a premise so original that alludes so much "Bird Box" vibes, "A Quiet Place" succeeds at being undoubtedly nerve-racking. Everything becomes ten times jumpier, and scarier, when silence is taking over. The film never fails to build upWith a premise so original that alludes so much "Bird Box" vibes, "A Quiet Place" succeeds at being undoubtedly nerve-racking. Everything becomes ten times jumpier, and scarier, when silence is taking over. The film never fails to build up the tension, and the suspense, keeping you on the edge of your seat, and it concludes so epically (before you know it, the credits will start to roll), with so many open questions. Of course, Krasinki's direction is so masterful that it's hard to believe it's his first, and the performances from the whole cast (especially Emily Blunt's exceptional take on the role) are excellent. One of the best horror movies I've ever watched, "A Quiet Place" is an absolute joyride. Expand
Compi24Apr 10, 2018
It's nothing particularly revelatory or game-changing, but John Krasinski's "A Quiet Place" is at least certainly good, with the performances, atmosphere, and logic all representing the highest performing elements here (three thingsIt's nothing particularly revelatory or game-changing, but John Krasinski's "A Quiet Place" is at least certainly good, with the performances, atmosphere, and logic all representing the highest performing elements here (three things post-modern horror films have lacked especially as of late). I just wasn't particularly wowed by anything else here though. The premise, while executed well here, is nothing particularly novel (we've seen similar premises in films like "Don't Breathe" and "Hush"). And though the filmmaking here is undoubtedly effective, some of the usual horror movie pitfalls -- like an over-reliance on jump scares, for instance -- make an appearance. Again, I much enjoyed the film overall. It just didn't reinvent the wheel for me. Expand
zouz123Apr 13, 2018
Pretty average movie with good performances by the lead actors. Most of the movie is really slow and awkwardly silent, but it's all part of the build up of the story. I can't say I fully enjoyed it, but it's definitely something new andPretty average movie with good performances by the lead actors. Most of the movie is really slow and awkwardly silent, but it's all part of the build up of the story. I can't say I fully enjoyed it, but it's definitely something new and interesting to watch. However is it really scary? NOT AT ALL! It is a bit stressful but that's it. And the "monsters" are really dumb and confusing, you'll find yourself asking a lot of questions. Expand
CineAutoctonoApr 9, 2018
"A Quiet Place" was a spectacular film, and at the same time frightening, the performances I liked a lot, the design of the creatures was terrifying, and the story was incredible. John Krasinski demonstrated in his first film as a director"A Quiet Place" was a spectacular film, and at the same time frightening, the performances I liked a lot, the design of the creatures was terrifying, and the story was incredible. John Krasinski demonstrated in his first film as a director that he has the ability to do things well and get it right with what he wants, and alongside Emily Blunt, his wife, he has achieved much more. Expand
NEILTON_1962Apr 11, 2018
No Brasil, levou o nome de "Um lugar silencioso"; deverá ser um dos melhores filmes de terror/suspense, deste ano, com boa performance da Emily Blunt.
JemvieApr 16, 2018
A refreshing perspective of the post alien-invasion survival thriller backed with a smart and magnetic use of sound and silence.
Erik Aadahl et all show us what's on the other side of the loudness meter.
TheRussianatorApr 10, 2018
After months of anticipation, this movie is finally out. When I first saw the trailer for it, i was captivated not only by the setting but the cast that they managed to pick out. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are a couple in real life, soAfter months of anticipation, this movie is finally out. When I first saw the trailer for it, i was captivated not only by the setting but the cast that they managed to pick out. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are a couple in real life, so their chemistry is strong in the movie. Also, for a 17 million dollar budget, they did a great job with the monsters. They look creative and scary. The only problem i have with the movie is the deaf girl. The only problem i have with the movie is the deaf girl. I know she's deaf in real life, but that doesn't mean you have to be so annoying and over-reactive. In conclusion, this is a suspenseful thriller that will make you feel for the characters and its post-apocalyptic world. Expand
JDDallas1Apr 8, 2018
*NO SPOILERS* I usually trust coming to Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes to see how a movie does both from critics and fans BEFORE going to see it cuz it's usually a pretty good indicator of what to expect. Like so many things in life no matter*NO SPOILERS* I usually trust coming to Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes to see how a movie does both from critics and fans BEFORE going to see it cuz it's usually a pretty good indicator of what to expect. Like so many things in life no matter what it is there will be almost always equal amounts that like it or hate it and some just say *MEH*..it's when you see large skews toward of one these that you take notice (one of the signs that "Last Jedi" was gonna be disappointing for me..critics gave all 10s..fanbois gave it 0s)

..so when I see nearly 50 critics give QUIET PLACE universal love (they had reviewed it before general release) I thought "Wow! this most be something"..one even gave it to highest praise for me and compared it to ALIENS (prolly my fave monster flick of all time)

To be fair QUIET PLACE is a GOOD flick..especially when one realizes it was made on shoestring budget..BUT it is hardly in the league as ALIENS

Opening sequence (prologue?..before title) was great at setting mood and tone..and the packed theatre I saw it with actually APPLAUDED it like a stage show

..BUT rest of movie was VERY VERY slow in unfolding..so much that even I was like "OK, lets move this along"..at 90 minutes it's not a long movie..but it sure felt like one to me..one guy actually got up half way thru and left and before he did he yelled back into the silent theatre "THIS MOVIE SUX!" to the cheers & boos of the others..truthfully, I kinda agreed with him at the time. The movie does eventually get to action..but the whole time I am also thinking..Jeez, what if this WAS real? How would I go about protecting myself and fighting these things. ON several levels these guys seemed kinda dumbasses on how they went about it..Jeez! why don't you do THIS?!..why did you do THAT?!
..altho I guess we wouldn't have much of a movie if I was calling shots

again not bad movie..actually a good one..just not the AMAZING near perfect score of 97 that this film had BEFORE wide release
The3AcademySinsApr 6, 2018
John Krasinski has now not only proven himself as a good actor, but he is a great director and writer too! A Quiet Place puts some fresh blood into the horror genre. It's very inventive, and the concept is really cool and a lot of fun toJohn Krasinski has now not only proven himself as a good actor, but he is a great director and writer too! A Quiet Place puts some fresh blood into the horror genre. It's very inventive, and the concept is really cool and a lot of fun to explore. The film itself teeters between horror and adventure, and you can definitely see a little bit of Executive Producer Michael Bay's touches in the film, but they make it fun more than bog the action down. A Quiet Place is a lot like if someone took the kitchen scene with the velociraptors in Jurassic Park and made a whole movie out of that one concept. Overall, this is a lot of fun, and I definitely recommend it! Expand
allisonjane65Apr 7, 2018
Although I didn't find A Quiet Place scary, I did find it extremely tense and suspenseful. At the preview screening I attended everyone in the audience watched with bated breath, like me, reluctant to make a sound. I've never seen an audienceAlthough I didn't find A Quiet Place scary, I did find it extremely tense and suspenseful. At the preview screening I attended everyone in the audience watched with bated breath, like me, reluctant to make a sound. I've never seen an audience eat popcorn so quietly! Expand
SesshomuraiApr 8, 2018
This is a great movie. Well written. Well acted. Great directing from a new director. At first I felt like there might have been a few minor plot holes but upon further thought there are decent explanations that aren't necessarily obvious. IThis is a great movie. Well written. Well acted. Great directing from a new director. At first I felt like there might have been a few minor plot holes but upon further thought there are decent explanations that aren't necessarily obvious. I recommend this movie. Expand
mrmonsterApr 15, 2018
A Quiet Place is absolutely fantastic. It will go down as one of my favorite movies of 2018 for sure. After this movie, John Krasinski is going to be an A list actor. I recommend this to any horror fan.
lenny68Apr 17, 2018
An atmospheric and suspenseful movie well worth seeing though as others have said, not the scarefest some of the critics have made it out to be. If you've got the patience for it and are prepared to overlook some inconsistencies I'dAn atmospheric and suspenseful movie well worth seeing though as others have said, not the scarefest some of the critics have made it out to be. If you've got the patience for it and are prepared to overlook some inconsistencies I'd thoroughly recommend it. Expand
eagleeyevikingApr 13, 2018
Atmospheric, laced with terrific performances, and effective thanks to its simple premise, John Krasinski's "A Quiet Place" isn't groundbreaking, but it accomplishes what it sets out to do competently. 7.5/10
avr50Apr 8, 2018
A must see experience. I already knew that the movie was getting excellent reviews, so my expectations were high for this movie, and I was shaking at the end of it. The movie is really tense and really (and surprisingly emotional) Some wouldA must see experience. I already knew that the movie was getting excellent reviews, so my expectations were high for this movie, and I was shaking at the end of it. The movie is really tense and really (and surprisingly emotional) Some would argue that this is a suspenseful movie, but is actually a horror movie, but a lot of people wont se this movie like that because at this days were not used to this type of movie. The thing is that, the movie presents this family, and we care for them, and the things that they´re going through are really terrifying, so to us is terrifying as well. The performances are excellent, with the acting there is nothing more to say than incredible. Emily Blunt is the one that gives the best performance, but everyone is brilliant. Her husband (the director, co writer and star in the movie) proves that he is capable enough to take a project as interesting as this and not leave it just in interesting. The work that he does is fantastic, specially with the sound of the movie that is one of the main protagonist in the movie. I have two issues with the movie. The first is that, (this is not a spoiler) Emily Blunt´s character is pregnant, and that is not believable, not considering the situation that the characters are living, it´s true that the pregnancy stuff adds something to the movie, but still is not believable. And the second flaw that I found was the last twenty seconds of the movie. That is when you notice that the movie was produced by Michael Bay. At the end, A Quiet Place is one of the most intense and scary movies that I have seen, and I highly recommend this movie, I can say that the movie was an experience. And please, stay as quiet as possible in the movie, because it will not be the same if you're eating popcorn very loud, or if you're cellphone rings in the middle of the movie. Expand
xJLxMCHammerApr 8, 2018
One of the best "horror" movies out there. I don't think it's a true horror movie, but rather a thriller with some horror elements. The movie thrives on keeping you on the edge of your seat. Unlike other movies, it feels like this movie hasOne of the best "horror" movies out there. I don't think it's a true horror movie, but rather a thriller with some horror elements. The movie thrives on keeping you on the edge of your seat. Unlike other movies, it feels like this movie has no "safe" place. Think of movies like paranormal activity, where during daytime, the protagonist/casts are safe from the horrors at night. Think of other movies with a base of operations where the heroes feel safe. This movies doesn't have that. Without going into spoilers, there is never a moment where the characters feel safe; the enemy is always there.

Love the movie. I definitely recommend it. 9/10
akenaton1984Apr 7, 2018
Quizás pudo tomar caminos más difíciles al mostrarnos el final de nuestros personajes, pero se le perdona. Tiene un uso increíble del sonido y el color. Obviar el sonido nos adentra en un retrato intimista, en principio, y luego nos sirveQuizás pudo tomar caminos más difíciles al mostrarnos el final de nuestros personajes, pero se le perdona. Tiene un uso increíble del sonido y el color. Obviar el sonido nos adentra en un retrato intimista, en principio, y luego nos sirve volver omnipresente la tensión. Expand
LeehamMay 30, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent, old-fashioned entertainment, this smartly paced and plotted monster pic pits Krasinski the actor up against Krasinski the director and he pleasingly brings about a respectable peace between the two. Effectively scary and taut with its running time, it may well be the biggest surprise of 2018. Blunt's final scene is a wonderful homage to the heroines of action films past. Brilliant fun! Expand
bfoore90Apr 20, 2018
Fantastic direction, fantastic performances and fantastic screenplay. It's not a horror film as much as it is a thriller/suspense. It was similar in alot of ways to M. Night Shyamalan's Signs mixed with some Cloverfield and a little bit ofFantastic direction, fantastic performances and fantastic screenplay. It's not a horror film as much as it is a thriller/suspense. It was similar in alot of ways to M. Night Shyamalan's Signs mixed with some Cloverfield and a little bit of the Last of Us thrown in. It's a fantastic film Expand
temptershellApr 22, 2018
This film is a phenomenal combination of great acting, a well-drawn plot and a brilliant assembly. Although I have heard many opinions about the idiotic finale, I am convinced that the solution that was used is a deliberate play. I do notThis film is a phenomenal combination of great acting, a well-drawn plot and a brilliant assembly. Although I have heard many opinions about the idiotic finale, I am convinced that the solution that was used is a deliberate play. I do not know if it is necessary to recommend this item even more, maybe it is not a revolutionary horror, but it certainly shows the original approach to the subject. Expand
MrMrianit500Jul 17, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie is brilliantly clever, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it since it was mostly unspoken but I loved the family relationship and the premise of the film. Plus in the end scene, Emily Blunt looks like a badass when she clocks the gun Expand
DubeauJul 23, 2018
A Quiet Place is a nice concept film. The story is simple and efficient. It setup the tension for horror perfectly and then progress naturally. The FX is mainly on the creatures, and they are intriguing and dangerous. The children behaviorA Quiet Place is a nice concept film. The story is simple and efficient. It setup the tension for horror perfectly and then progress naturally. The FX is mainly on the creatures, and they are intriguing and dangerous. The children behavior might be something that isn't always consistent...but then you know this is on a long period of time. And children and young adults aren't always consistent with their emotions and decisions. In that sens, the film is logical. The ending is a mix of positive and negative. I give it a 85% easy. This movie is an instant classic and will stay as a reference for many good reasons. Expand
UndeadxLegend55Apr 22, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Of course not a flawless movie, but a movie absolutely worth watching. I never thought I'd be able to be so invested in characters I knew so little about. You never even get told anyones name, but you develop a liking for everyone. The quietness of the movie makes it much easier for the scares to get you it is also a very suspenseful film. I love all the little details about how they avoid making noise with things like the board game that they knit their own pieces out of yarn to not make noise when they move them on the board or a yarn little spot to throw the dice on and the sand that they walk on barefoot to avoid making a lot of noise it's wonderful. There's some plot holes like why the hell you'd have a baby in this situation, but whatever. They had a plan for it that ends up working. This movie is also able to pull at your heart strings with the fathers death, the whole movie the death daughter feels distanced and feels like her parents blame her for her youngest brothers death(even though it was her fault kinda) there is even a scene where the boy tells his father he should tell her he loves her more, but as one of the monsters is near he attempts to protect them with an axe, but is swiped away by the monster, the boy screams for his father which sets off the monster in his direction, they hide in a truck as the monster is trying to get inside the father makes his way up to his feet and drops the axe on the ground. The monster looks in his direction uncertain of what to do, his death daughter looks at him through the windshield as he signs to her "I love you. I always loved you." afterwards he lets out a scream that causes the monster to go for him this time killing him. That scene, brought me so close to tears about the death of a character that I knew so little about because I had seen how much his children meant to him, I was seeing the lengths he was willing to go to for their safety and the emotion as he signed to her was just so real. I absolutely loved this movie, but it has its flaws. 8/10. Expand
LYGApr 20, 2018
Very good "horror" film. Simple but coherent script and brilliant execution. The creatures sport a fearsome physical design and clever conceptual aspects. Overall a great film even for non-horror fans like me.
ChristopherEMJun 28, 2018
esta película tiene de todo, terror, suspenso, e incluso momentos que te parten el alma. Todos el elenco es genial, me gustó que cada uno teníasu propio y momento y nadie descataba más que el otro. Excelentes efectos de sonido, sin duda teesta película tiene de todo, terror, suspenso, e incluso momentos que te parten el alma. Todos el elenco es genial, me gustó que cada uno teníasu propio y momento y nadie descataba más que el otro. Excelentes efectos de sonido, sin duda te mantenían en la trama y sin un ojo que despegar de la pantalla, simplemente sensacional. Expand
HeyyoitsmeramboApr 22, 2018
A must see in the theater! One of the best parts is the silence and hearing the “oh my god” from other movie goers. Great movie overall.
GrantD243Apr 25, 2018
A Quiet Place is directed by John Krasinski and is really his first major release as a director. Yep, not only did Jim from The Office direct a horror/thriller, but he directed a fantastic horror/thriller. I was interested in this film when IA Quiet Place is directed by John Krasinski and is really his first major release as a director. Yep, not only did Jim from The Office direct a horror/thriller, but he directed a fantastic horror/thriller. I was interested in this film when I saw the first trailer. It was different than the typical horror films we see these days, and it was also interesting that it was directed by Krasinski, and starred him and his wife. Then, when the first reviews dropped from SXSW, my expectations skyrocketed and I got very excited about it. And I gotta say, it is now my favorite film of the year (so far). Story: One of the things I love about A Quiet Place is the subtle world building. I wasn't presented with some five minute narration describing how the world reached the state it is in and what the aliens are and how many people are left; I was thrown right into the world, and along the way I was given some backstory through newspaper clippings and notes taken by Krasinski's character. This also left me with a bit of room to speculate how exactly everything came to be. Anyway, the story is that essentially aliens have somehow invaded Earth, but they are blind and hunt anything that makes sound. So if humans are to survive, they must stay as quiet as they can. It isn't focused on the government trying to defeat the aliens, though, or about a group of humans trying to save humanity, it is just about a family that is trying to survive in the world the way it is. And of course, sh*t eventually hits the fan and the aliens come into play. I loved the story, but it wasn't really the story itself that made this film so enjoyable to me. The sound design was fantastic. This is a very quiet movie (shocker), but every sound that is made carries some significant weight. So much as dropping a fork on the ground could mean certain death. But that's not what made the film for me either, it was the tension that is present throughout the entire runtime. Every time it started to build up while I was watching it I bet my heart rate started to go up. Great stuff. Nonetheless, there are a few plot holes and things that can/will be questioned, but everything else makes up for that stuff.

Script: There's not a whole lot of dialogue in this film, but it's still impressive to write a film this good without using much dialogue. It's not easy to do, but they accomplished it here. Acting: Unsurprisingly, solid acting from everyone involved. It is always a bit concerning when kid actors have significant roles in a movie, but they killed it. Cinematography: I think that the sound design is really the standout when it comes to the technical stuff, but the cinematography was solid, although nothing that will blow your socks off. Overall: This is the best film of the year so far to me, not even a competition, but we still have two-thirds of the year left so I guess it does have a lot of competition coming up. If you like horror/thrillers that involve aliens...you'll be pretty satisfied with this one.
MaryPBelleIsleJun 3, 2018
At attempt to keep their family strong, as happy and protected as possible Krasinski, Blunt, Simmonds, and Jupe bring it with their phenomenal performances. Their solid portrayal of fear, fierce protectiveness, sadness, and determination toAt attempt to keep their family strong, as happy and protected as possible Krasinski, Blunt, Simmonds, and Jupe bring it with their phenomenal performances. Their solid portrayal of fear, fierce protectiveness, sadness, and determination to stay together and strong leave the theater and come home with you. If there's "A Quiet Place, Too" and it's even close to as well done as the original, count me in. Expand
LovelandMay 5, 2018
A Quiet Place is likely one of the most suspenseful movies I've ever seen. From the first scene to the end there is not a single moment of relief. While billed as a horror/suspense thriller, this film to me was more a story about family.A Quiet Place is likely one of the most suspenseful movies I've ever seen. From the first scene to the end there is not a single moment of relief. While billed as a horror/suspense thriller, this film to me was more a story about family. While I can't delve into this more specifically without spoilers, I can say many of the decisions and events that unfold are due to the relationship dynamics between the parents and kids. This movie, while basic in it's plot, is a grand story of survival and perseverance. Every sound, no matter how loud, causes you to hold your breath throughout the duration of the film. While many criticized the fact that there was never an explicit explanation for how the monsters came, I thought this lack of explanation made the monsters more mysterious and more frightening. As someone who is often critical of movie monsters, I really liked the design of these creatures as they seemed relatively natural while being perfect killing machines. There are plenty of little things throughout the movie, if you're lucky enough to see them, that either add to their mystery or perhaps answer some questions you may have about them. The acting is all around very well done, which may be an understatement as I may not have a good comparison for acting without dialogue. My biggest problem with this movie is the way it ended. While I have no problem with the events that took place, I wish they hadn't stopped the movie when they did. I also thought there were some decisions made by the characters that were just bad or unnecessary, yet unfortunately I can't delve into this without revealing spoilers.
Overall this is a tremendous movie that I would highly recommend.
dyloMay 8, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a pretty good movie if you watch it in a theater, mostly for the good acting. There are some silly moments like silent baby birth, and pointless death of the father given how simple and close he was to figuring out how to kill those creatures, so it's hard to believe he didn't come up with what to do and only his daughter was able to. Creatures themselves are not scary, you will see similar ones in thousand other thriller / allien movies. But what i was most disappointed with is when they cut the movie at its peak, at its culmination and at the most interesting moment right before the major fight of the whole movie. Who does that? Bummer ... Otherwise, worth to watch compared to how much crap is produced nowadays. Expand
RanloverJun 16, 2018
A Quiet Place is, simply put, one of the best of the new wave of “Modern Horror.” Most of the jump-scares work very effectively, but the suspense is even better. There’s a whole sequence involving Emily Blunt that is among the most whiteA Quiet Place is, simply put, one of the best of the new wave of “Modern Horror.” Most of the jump-scares work very effectively, but the suspense is even better. There’s a whole sequence involving Emily Blunt that is among the most white knuckling scenes I’ve ever seen in a horror film. The acting is truely superb, with standouts being Blunt and Millicent Simmonds, who plays the daughter of Blunt and John Krasinski in the film. I have but one major flaw with this film, and it’s with some jump-scares. As stated before, most of them work, but there are a couple that are false scares and disappointing when compared to the rest that in the movie. Beyond that, this is a must-see and without a doubt one of the best films of the year. Expand
YungKangJun 18, 2018
I hate horror films but had quite a good time with this film. It does require suspension of disbelief on your part to accept the premise, but beyond that, this is a smartly devised and acted horror thriller that is sure to make you squirm.
Vitor007Sep 2, 2018
Sometimes silence can say more than 1000 words. A terror that does not use the scare as the main requirement, but brings us the perception of how this genre can be meticulously thought out and reproduced in a way that almost leads toSometimes silence can say more than 1000 words. A terror that does not use the scare as the main requirement, but brings us the perception of how this genre can be meticulously thought out and reproduced in a way that almost leads to perfection. Literally speechless. 8.8/10 Expand
FranzHcriticApr 9, 2018
It's one of most unique and intriguing horror premises of the last twenty years. A movie without cliches or over-the-top gore. The actors embody the tension and suspense of the atmosphere and the movie keeps you in that terrifying yetIt's one of most unique and intriguing horror premises of the last twenty years. A movie without cliches or over-the-top gore. The actors embody the tension and suspense of the atmosphere and the movie keeps you in that terrifying yet irresistible position, when you don't want to look, but you can't turn away, the clear cut sign of a good horror movie. Expand
mistymApr 9, 2018
I would classify this as more of a suspense/thriller, instead of horror. That said, the movie gets going right away, without the need for a half hour build up like others do. There were probably only 100 spoken words in the entire thing, andI would classify this as more of a suspense/thriller, instead of horror. That said, the movie gets going right away, without the need for a half hour build up like others do. There were probably only 100 spoken words in the entire thing, and yet the suspense was amazing. I love that they didn't feel the need to add obscenities or nudity. They also didn't go for "shock factor" by adding a bunch of over-the-top blood and gore. This is a good, old fashion thriller, and I highly recommend watching it. Expand
AriaSalessiApr 11, 2018
A Quiet Place is breathtaking, original, and horrifying, what else could a person want in a horror movie these days filled with cliches?
gamedevilbeeApr 11, 2018
......โอโหหหหหหหห กดดันหนักมาก..........
ไม่ได้ดูหนังที่ระทึกขวัญสุดๆมานานแล้ว มันคือเป็นหนังสัตว์ประหลาดระทึกขวัญที่ดีที่สุด
ระทึกตั้งแต่เริ่มเรื่องแล้วมันจะบิ้วขึ้นเรื่อยๆจนลุ้นแทบเบือนหน้าหนีคิดดู 555+ ส่วนไอ้สัตว์นั่น 555+
......โอโหหหหหหหห กดดันหนักมาก..........
ระทึกตั้งแต่เริ่มเรื่องแล้วมันจะบิ้วขึ้นเรื่อยๆจนลุ้นแทบเบือนหน้าหนีคิดดู 555+
ส่วนไอ้สัตว์นั่น 555+ ออกแบบได้ดีมากมันบอกไม่ถูกว่ามันเป็นยังไงมันแปลกใหม่ไม่เหมือนใครดี
ชอบสกอร์มากตอนช่วงที่หนังจะทัวร์สถานที่และสำรวจตัวละครเพลงจะคลอเบาๆซึ่งทำให้นึกถึง Silent Hill มากๆๆ เพราะมันดูสงบ วังเวงและอันตรายในเวลาเดียวกัน
ส่วนนักแสดงทั้ง Emily Blunt และ John Krasinski (ผัวเมียในชีวิตจิงด้วย) เล่นสื่ออารมณ์ให้คนดูได้อินและลุ้นเป็นกำลังใจได้ง่ายมากๆ
และชีนดราม่าทำแอดร้องไห้คาโรง (ครั้งล่าสุดก็ Wonder Women ที่ทำให้น้ำตาแตกคาโรง) คือน้ำตาแตกเลยอ่า อินมากกกก เสียงงือคนดู ฮือมากเลย เสียงลุ้นเสียวฮือแบบ อารมณ์แบบอยากร้องดังๆแต่มันไม่ได้ไง 555+
สุดท้ายสรุปเลยว่า เป็นหนังระทึกขวัญที่สนุกและลุ้นระทึกที่สุดในปี 2018 นี้เลย และขอบอกเลยว่าต้องดูในโรงเท่านั้น!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(ตอนนี้กระแสแรงมาก คนดูเต็มโรงเลยทีเดียว) ดังนั้นต้องหาเวลาดูกันให้ได้เลย
dylanllewellyn8Apr 12, 2018
Wonderfully, simple. Beautiful acted. Gripping throughout. Just a brilliant film and probably the best sci-fi horror in a very very long time.
RelaxedmikeApr 11, 2018
I gave this movie 6 stars. I wanted to give it a 8 or 9 but....it was way to short. If only the director had given us a few more scenes at the beginning of the creatures origins and how the emptiness of the cities happenned....This would haveI gave this movie 6 stars. I wanted to give it a 8 or 9 but....it was way to short. If only the director had given us a few more scenes at the beginning of the creatures origins and how the emptiness of the cities happenned....This would have added meat to the story plus another 10 to 15 minutes. We needed just..a little more... All in all though, not bad. Expand
alejandro970Apr 16, 2018
An effective way to provoke suspense without dialogues or sounds; in a way that infects the wiewer durings it´s 90 minutes. One of best movies of genre in 2018. Dare to watch at evening, without making noises.