New Line Cinema | Release Date: September 23, 2022
4.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 132 Ratings
Watch Now
butterly2Sep 23, 2022
Upon watching the movie I can understand the regret Florence must feel because I regret watching this movie. The chemistry between Florence and Harry was not there. The movie has nothing to do with female pleasure and feminism. I am a massiveUpon watching the movie I can understand the regret Florence must feel because I regret watching this movie. The chemistry between Florence and Harry was not there. The movie has nothing to do with female pleasure and feminism. I am a massive fan of Harry but this movie is just bad.. I can't imagine people looking at the script and thinking that it was a good idea because it clearly wasn't. Florence did her best with what she could work with what was almost nothing. This wasn't a right role for Harry either. I genuinely believe this movie will be praised and loved purely for the fact Harry is in it and he has a massive fan base that will praise every single thing he does even when it's bad.. and this movie is just bad. The dialogue was off, the chemistry was off, the story was off and the ending so predictable. If you will read overhyped and great reviews please think twice because most (not all) 5 star reviews will be fans of Harry that just love the movie for Harry being in it and nothing more. Sure some people will genuinely like this movie but I can't imagine being that many in my view.. Olivia Wilde, great job on hyping up a movie that is burning down now and will be forgotten soon. Waste of time and money. Happy this won't be shoved down my throat anymore. So many plot holes and not much meaning. This movie has been promoted so extremely much but didn't deliver at all. The movie isn't scary, it's just uncomfortable. It's a shame because the movie could have been a lot better with the right direction and some changes in the script and a better casting for jack. Olivia can say it's because she is a female that people will dislike it but that is just a very sorry excuse to hide behind the fact the movie is bad.. being a female doesn't mean you can't have criticism and they definitely used a lot of stunting for this movie. Expand
chrisothenOct 2, 2022
Oh my god. I want my money back. Such a moronic take on feminism. Save your money and watch something else. Huge waste of my time. Pine is the only reason its not 0/10 for me.
AnvilTheFishOct 2, 2022
Bad, just... just bad. Bad acting, bad plot, bad music, bad cinematography, bad characters, bad message, no depth, just bad. It's the weirdest self serving self insert men bad fan fiction I've seen in a very long time.
BeRealisticOct 2, 2022
Now I understand why they advertised the movie the way they did! To attract female viewers who would watch the movie and say its good no matter how bad it is. Bad story line, bad acting and no ending what so ever. Just a waste of time and money.
Enigma5794Oct 4, 2022
How tripe and uninspired. This movie was mid AF!!! This movie is unoriginal and boring. She basically made the Stepford Wives that's what this movie is. But what bugs me the most is the anti-male message.
NoxiousOct 5, 2022
0 out of 10 for our brother in arms...Mr. Peterson. Kek! Kek! Kek! Kek! Kek!
ClutcherSep 25, 2022
Eyerolling
It's just a rip off of The Stepford Wives, but worse. A trash screenplay that even talented actors like Pugh and Pine can't make convincing... and Harry Styles should stick to music.
I don't know what Olivia Wilde was thinking with
Eyerolling
I don't know what Olivia Wilde was thinking with this unoriginal premise, especially in terms of not giving credit where it's due and saying it's at least "inspired by" Ira Levin's work.
She should've just adapted his book directly instead of this confused, over-the-top plot that takes itself too seriously instead of being a satire.
As for the drama behind the scenes I really don't care about any of that. It wouldn't have changed the quality of the film, at least in my opinion.
KamenRiderDarkSep 25, 2022
Seen it all before!
The worst of this film isn't even the bad press and controversy surrounding it. It isn't even the poor acting from Mr Styles nor is it the predictable plot and all the holes in the story of this film.
The worst part is the
Seen it all before!
The worst part is the experience of watching this in a theatre of young female Harry styles fans that scream every time he's in the screen! It was completely ridiculous and ruined even the small parts that were okay.
If you don't want to be surrounded by hysterical teenage girls save your money and wait until it comes on screening channels in about 2 weeks. All in all a complete dud. Just watch stepford wives, it's exactly the same plot.
MauraerSep 25, 2022
It's a neck-and-neck race between this and 'Bodies, Bodies, Bodies' for worst picture, though 'Pearl', 'Orphan 2' and 'Nope' are strong contenders as well. This is honestly as good a race for Worst Picture as the race was in 1995 for BestIt's a neck-and-neck race between this and 'Bodies, Bodies, Bodies' for worst picture, though 'Pearl', 'Orphan 2' and 'Nope' are strong contenders as well. This is honestly as good a race for Worst Picture as the race was in 1995 for Best Picture (at the Oscars). Truly a remarkably abysmal year for film thus far, but there's still time for redemption. Movies this year like 'Mad God' give me faith.
I mean, where to even begin with 'Darling'? I guess I'll start by saying it's probably the slowest-paced, most boring script I've seen come to life (if you can call it that) on screen. Some are calling this a "slow-burn", yet something has to be burning for that to be the case. This is just staring at an unlit candle in the hot baking sun, waiting for something to happen as you grow less and less patient.
'Darling' is 2 hours of nothingness. Nothing happens during the entirety of this movie, and the "twist" ending is so lazy and uninspired that I wish the movie just cut to black mid-way through without even the credits to follow. Pugh is literally just her character from 'Midsommar', as in she just sobs and is in hysterics throughout the whole movie. Harry Styles plays... Harry Styles.
This movie has a $30 million budget, yet it basically takes place in a single house in a desert? Where did the money go? If this movie didn't have the names it has attached to it, not a single person would ever mention it (let alone praise it). But because of the "star power" and added drama to the press, it's getting ALL the attention. Far more worrisome, is that this movie will probably make a profit!
Don't let the star power fool you, 'Don't Worry Darling' is worse than what you would find after scrolling for hours through the abyss that is the Netflix or Hulu Horror sections.
Hard-earned 1/10.
loc1603Sep 25, 2022
As I was watching this "thing" at first I thought "oh boy this is now the worst movie I have ever seen" but then I realized this "piece of **** is not even a movie. There is no story line, no plot, no nothing. Oh if you like the New YorkAs I was watching this "thing" at first I thought "oh boy this is now the worst movie I have ever seen" but then I realized this "piece of **** is not even a movie. There is no story line, no plot, no nothing. Oh if you like the New York City Rockettes, there's about 20 minutes of old footage then appears like 50 to 100 times throughout the "piece of **** After 10 minutes I wanted to leave the theatre and that feeling only got worst as I continued to watch. I see that some people have actually said positive things about the "piece of **** this only goes to prove that there are a lot really screwed up people in this world. Expand
BubblegummSep 23, 2022
Harry Styles should stick to singing, because he can't act. the movie is boring
D3pravitySep 24, 2022
If the film is trying to support feminism maybe don’t make the women characters actually seem crazy. The film also throws away it initial premise in favor of a weak underdeveloped plot twist.
TrunkisSep 25, 2022
Pugh and Pine do their best but not even their great talents can make this movie work.
Glaringly mediocre sophomore effort by Olivia Wilde, who showed great promise with her debut directorial effort "Booksmart" but falls flat on her face with this bland thriller that lacks showmanship and teeth. Its shot well and the cinematography is very good but outside of those things and way better than this movie deserved performances by Florence Pugh (who makes you care when there is really nothing to care about) and Chris Pine, (whose suave and dangerous performance deserves to be in a much better movie than this) there is nothing here that we have not seen before and it overstays its welcome way before the end credits roll. Harry Styles is decent for what he's doing here but it's nothing remarkable and you can see a better actor in his role doing more with it and most of the other actors including Wilde herself are nothing to write home about.
In closing, there is really nothing here to see other than two great actors (Florence Pugh and Chris Pine) wasting their time with mediocre material.
Benjy5045Sep 26, 2022
This movie is so unbelievably trash I honestly can’t believe Olivia Wilde thinks she’s being subtle and clever with what she tries to do with this film and it just falls flat from every angle. I do see what she’s trying to do but at the endThis movie is so unbelievably trash I honestly can’t believe Olivia Wilde thinks she’s being subtle and clever with what she tries to do with this film and it just falls flat from every angle. I do see what she’s trying to do but at the end of the day this movie sucks balls.… Expand
Psitivebomthis1Sep 25, 2022
A VERY SLOW BURN SLEEPER
A VERY SLOW BURN SLEEPER
I was anticipating the release of this movie not due to all the in-fighting drama about the cast which fueled the fire for online gossip but more about Olivia Wilde directing and Florence Pugh a very underrated actress. The rest of the cast is just decoration with Harry Styles replacing Shia LaBeouf which was a major mistake.
The premise is Alice and Jack Chambers are a young, happy couple in the 1950s, living in the seemingly perfect company town of Victory, California, which has been created and paid for by the mysterious company for which Jack works. Curiosity about the nature of her husband's work on the secret "Victory Project" begins to consume Alice. Cracks then begin to form in their utopian life as her investigation into the project raises tensions within the community.
The beginning of the movie I thought Oh God another Stepford Wives but as it progressed it sort of got interesting with a surprise ending that had me asking is that all there is?
GordanSep 30, 2022
Feeble and bluepilled. Feeble and bluepilled. Feeble and bluepilled. Feeble and bluepilled.
BrunomkSep 30, 2022
Such a rotten bunch of self righteous leftist propaganda. Chris Pine seems to suffer through the script. If this is what left wing feminism means, women definitely do not need it.
KlassicReviewsSep 24, 2022
A film which completely forgets what it is trying to say, to an extreme level. Male dominance, control and fear. All tthings expressed but terribly. I had a hard time with Dont Worry Darling, i wish i didnt
ArineSep 24, 2022
olivia wilde and harry styles should quit the movie business (pugh is definitely one of the greatest actresses of this generation
marco34laSep 25, 2022
Although the film has some stylish moments, i had NO idea about WTF was going on or what the point was. I walked out 1 hr and 20 mins into movie. it did absolutely nothing for me
Mclovin69Sep 30, 2022
Eh it was kinda lame. I don't really see how this captures Jordan peterson though, it's as if they don't know the guy, or ever listened to any of his lectures.
GorperSep 25, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Harry Styles as an incel? Jordan Peterson as a villain? This text is only interested in making men look horrible. It is especially disturbing with the production nightmare around the set and the misery that went into this film. Expand
SoManySaltySJWSSep 25, 2022
This is one of those movies where the entire film it feels like it's missing something
Don't Worry Darling (2022) is a movie my wife and I saw in theatres last night. The storyline follows an isolated 1950s community where the men go to work and the women stay home and clean and cook every day. Jack and Alice are the next hot couple on the rise where Jack is rising within his employer and Alice is rising within the social classes. When her best friend loses her minds and starts revealing things about the community, Alice starts realizing something isn't quiet right also.
This picture is directed by and stars Olivia Wilde (Booksmart) and also stars Florence Pugh (Midsommar), Harry Styles (Dunkirk), Chris Pine (Star Trek), KiKi Layne (If Beale Street Could Talk) and Gemma Chan (Crazy Rich Asians).
The storyline for this picture reminded me of a mix of Stepford Wives, Wanda Vision and Logan's Run. The premise has a lot of potential and was set up well; however, the movie doesn't unfold as well or intensely as I would have liked it to. The cinematography, attire, look and feel was perfect. The casting fit the premise well. Pine was a tremendous "villain." I even liked the subplots and backstory...but something feels a bit lacking the entire movie. While some of the dramatic scenes didn't work for me (the Saran Wrap scene and the face against the windows sequences), I will say from the discovery of what's going on through the end was entertaining and well executed.
Overall, this is one of those movies where the entire film it feels like it's missing something. You can't put your finger on it; but whatever "it" is, this is missing "it."
MadremiaSep 23, 2022
Just awful
Just awful
Bad story, bad script, bad directing. Chris pine is alright and Florence was pretty good. Can't recommend watching this and I regret my lost time. Olivia is quite pretentious and I find her style to be abrasive. Very insulting and ignorant.
Conceited, short sighted, hateful and mocking. Negative and unoriginal. The drama that Olivia brings is unfriendly and smug. Camera work and wardrobe are good. I don't think this is a very good movie and I would recommend you don't waste your time. It's unfortunate for all the other actors that Olivia is so unreasonable and adversarial. This is a story that should be done in a high school drama class and not polished or refined enough for a big production. Olivia has a lot to learn.
LewisDannySep 28, 2022
Olivia Wilde has a long way to go as a director - her media appearances are cringeworthy and reflect a very immature, divisive mind. Pugh does very well in this film, and tries her best with the weak material given to her.
The_Seaman_Sep 30, 2022
There is nothing original about this movie, waste of money. The commercial looked interesting but the full movie is not worth your time.
eyenet2uOct 2, 2022
Jordan Peterson is my true hero and this dumb **** actress is a true satanic villain. This movie will go down the trash bin along with the entire Hollywood elites.
chikiponmexSep 23, 2022
Wanted to like this but ...
Wanted to like this but ...
This review could've had a pity-2 star rating, but it wasn't that good. Florence Pugh as always deserves at least a 9 but the plot, screenplay and editing let her down. Harry Styles obviously slept with someone to capture the role (wink wink), he was that unconvincing. Olivia Wilde was good in her acting role but disappointing as the director. (Surprising since "Booksmart" was excellent. Beginner's luck?
I won't spoil things by listing the (better) movies this is indebted to, but be prepared for a predictable twist and clunky, unsatisfying resolution.
Oh, and this is not a review "bomb" just because someone doesn't agree with its deserved low ratings. Arrogant shills giving 10's for its perceived "importance" aren't doing potential viewers a favor. I'm a retired professional woman, 2nd wave feminist and I really, really didn't enjoy this movie. (Except Florence Pugh!)
dtg12Oct 6, 2022
"Don't kick it, it's already dead!" A visually decent picture, however with bunch of mystery boxes and weak script being just another variation of Men Bad, Women Good. Boring.