Universal Pictures | Release Date: December 14, 1984
Generally favorable reviews based on 108 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
imthenoobJun 10, 2020
Dune is arguably one of the worst written films of all time. It was the equivalent of trying to cram the Lord of the Rings into 2 films rather than 3. There was just too much going on to warrant this being a single movie when it should haveDune is arguably one of the worst written films of all time. It was the equivalent of trying to cram the Lord of the Rings into 2 films rather than 3. There was just too much going on to warrant this being a single movie when it should have been broken up into two. Or they should have trimmed the story to focus more on certain characters over others.

Either way, It's still a nightmare of a script with way too many awful looking special effects and makeup designs that just don't work.
sachineldhoJan 8, 2019
I don't know what happened to Lynch when he directed this movie. This is full of **** I somehow completed watching this movie. I would rather kill myself than watch this movie again.
TopfpflanzeOct 4, 2021
Unfortunately, the film left me disoriented and unsatisfied. Along with great panaromas comes a story so difficuously told that it becomes an inexplicable mud puddle. On a planet that has no mud puddles.
Dandy-Mr-DMay 19, 2021
Although the visuals were interesting, this is an excellent lesson of what can go wrong when you try to create too close an adaptation between two different mediums. The movie tried to copy the famous sci-fi book it's based on very closely,Although the visuals were interesting, this is an excellent lesson of what can go wrong when you try to create too close an adaptation between two different mediums. The movie tried to copy the famous sci-fi book it's based on very closely, and this resulted in scenes that were oddly paced and dialogue that was unnatural. A movie is not a book and, and you need to make adjustments to make something work from one medium to the next. The writers and directors didn't bother to do this and the result was a slow, boring film with unnatural sounding characters. Expand
starswarfanNov 8, 2021
Highly disappointed in this movie. There was absolutely no star wars in it. I thought this was set in Tatooine and was appalled to learn that that was not the case. The acting is not up to par. Would recommend that Tim Chalamet and ZendayaHighly disappointed in this movie. There was absolutely no star wars in it. I thought this was set in Tatooine and was appalled to learn that that was not the case. The acting is not up to par. Would recommend that Tim Chalamet and Zendaya give attack of the clones a watch and draw inspiration from padme and annikan. No lightsabers, no clones, no r2d2, this is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Do better. Expand