Sony Pictures Releasing | Release Date: July 13, 2018
6.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 157 Ratings
Watch Now
Vitor007Sep 6, 2018
With few innovations, it resembles the second part of the animation, even though it is limited to only one main scenario. At least it's a noticeable increase in maturity. A weak script, without much to save, and a notable devaluation of theWith few innovations, it resembles the second part of the animation, even though it is limited to only one main scenario. At least it's a noticeable increase in maturity. A weak script, without much to save, and a notable devaluation of the characters compared to the other films in the trilogy. 5.0/10 Expand
SEROJSep 19, 2018
It's clear that modern animations are starting to run out of ideas. So decent, predictable and blank with very few scenes i liked. I still recommend it to children through.
JadenFrostOct 2, 2018
I like the franchise, but this latest installment is less hotel Transylvania and more loony toons. I dint like that.
EludiumQ36Sep 29, 2018
Was hoping much more from this. Instead, it's a PC-safe, kid-safe, "let Hollywood tell the world that tolerance matters". So preachy it qualifies as an "after-school special". Apparently, EDM is "bad" and pop standards are "good", too. AndWas hoping much more from this. Instead, it's a PC-safe, kid-safe, "let Hollywood tell the world that tolerance matters". So preachy it qualifies as an "after-school special". Apparently, EDM is "bad" and pop standards are "good", too. And did anyone find it ironic and lazy that the ultimate weapon against the monsters was itself a monster?! Makes no sense and will likely be just the latest reason this franchise ends right here. The animation and voicing was top-notch, too bad the screenplay was so lame. Genndy Tartakovsky, director/writer, is not typically saccharine like this. He's done much better work with TV's "Samurai Jack" and "Star Wars: Clone Wars". Expected better... Expand
SaintJames012Jul 28, 2018
While the movie was fun to watch, it was not all that memorable and felt like a run of the mill story. It had it's funny moments and it also had it's moments of less than stellar writing. A good kids movie, but not really much outside of that.
spongeswiftJul 24, 2018
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation is the biggest movie cliche we've seen in a while. Am I surprised? Nope. Am I disappointed that they threw the character development out the window? 100% for sure yes. Now the movie isn't bad per say.Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation is the biggest movie cliche we've seen in a while. Am I surprised? Nope. Am I disappointed that they threw the character development out the window? 100% for sure yes. Now the movie isn't bad per say. It's just painfully average compared to the spunk and creativity of the last two films. Now this time Mavis takes on the obsessive daughter trait. But I'm not saying that Drac doesn't deserve it for meddling in her life for the past 2 movies either. Overall this film isn't bad but if you give us another one please don't make it about some sort of dumb trope we've seen a thousand times before. Expand
JokohamaJul 30, 2018
Simple and cute, and childish. Nice visual but not much to say about the story though.
amheretojudgeJul 16, 2018
chalky around the edges and adventurous at heart..

Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation 2 And A Half Out Of 5 Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation is a plot driven animation feature that sticks by its motto which is to serve a fun and
chalky around the edges and adventurous at heart..

Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation

2 And A Half Out Of 5

Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation is a plot driven animation feature that sticks by its motto which is to serve a fun and breezy family time to the audience. There is a lot of heart and genuine emotions that flows as chemistry among the characters which does communicate with the audience that helps fuel this flawed and at times ridiculous comic feature. As often such animation feature does, it is rich on technical aspects like its visual effects, up beating songs and sharp sound effects although the editing and background score could have been a lot better. The relations depicted from the scratch stands alone among all the other bits and pieces, since its sweet and even though corny, journey is something that touches the viewers. The writing is; as mentioned earlier, cheesy and corny with pretentious and foricbly installed humor that works only half the time. The screenplay by McCullers and Tartakovsky is blunt and shallow but is adaptive and gripping with typical sketchy comic sequences pitched in to lure the audience and suffice its commercial aspects. Gendy Tartakovsky; the co-writer and director, has done a decent work on executing the scattered script and blends it nicely that may be easily forgetful but is entertaining in its own terms. The returned voice cast (Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez and Andy Samberg) holds on to their parts convincingly with additional cast Kathryn Hahn and Jim Gaffigan supporting them nicely. The build-up of the relationship of Sandler and Hahn, eerie yet impactful climax and, the characteristics of the characters are the high points of the feature that draws in most of the laughs. Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation is chalky around the edges and adventurous at heart which may not be the game changer in the franchise but has certainly maintained the quality with the franchise.
TheQuietGamerNov 14, 2018
Feels kind of like a straight-to-DVD release. The bottom of the barrel premise of monsters on a cruise serves as an excuse to set Dracula up with a love interest. Aside from a new message about being able to find true love twice, this isFeels kind of like a straight-to-DVD release. The bottom of the barrel premise of monsters on a cruise serves as an excuse to set Dracula up with a love interest. Aside from a new message about being able to find true love twice, this is largely a retread of themes from the first movie. Albeit with a role reversal as Mavis is the one trying to distract from a newly budding romance.

The main characters don't get the attention they deserve as the story keeps getting sidetracked with the antics of its supporting cast. With the movie's attention being pulled in so many directions the whole thing feels unfocused as it jumps between a plethora of gags and set-pieces.

It's comedy and pacing are as energetic as you would expect. The jokes are just more hit-or-miss this time around. Not a big deal as far as the youthful target audience is concerned, but parents, older siblings, and even kids at heart are probably going to be a little bored. It's certainly the most imaginative Hotel Transylvania though. From the Bermuda Triangle to Atlantis, the visuals are bright, colorful, and unique. A nice change of pace from the cartoon gothic imagery of the previous films. The monster designs are also very creative.

The thing the movie does best though is music. Whether it was Dracula strutting on deck to Bruno Mars' 24K Magic or the epic dubstep Kraken battle, most of my favorite scenes were directly tied to the fantastic soundtrack.

An underdeveloped story and overall weaker sense of humor keep Summer Vacation from being as good as it's predecessors. Kids will still love it. Older audiences on the other hand might find that it has a hard time keeping their attention, cute as it may be.
FennltJul 15, 2018
Well made family friendly comedy. Good balance of humor for kids and parents. Animation is good. And although this is another sequel, the studio is continuing to put quite a bit of effort into these films.
kraenkJan 9, 2019
By far the weakest film of the trilogy. Was really looking forward, as I really enjoyed the first two, but felt very disappointed throughout the movie. The movie imho is ruined by a very forced feeling and hard to bear EDM/dubstep sceneBy far the weakest film of the trilogy. Was really looking forward, as I really enjoyed the first two, but felt very disappointed throughout the movie. The movie imho is ruined by a very forced feeling and hard to bear EDM/dubstep scene towards the ending. All in all too predictable and simply less funny than the last two movies. Expand
dc127Jan 28, 2019
I really liked the first movie and the second was decent. This one suffers as I find Drac is better in small doses. It is still an enjoyable, and family friendly, movie. The visuals are also very impressive. In some ways there are just tooI really liked the first movie and the second was decent. This one suffers as I find Drac is better in small doses. It is still an enjoyable, and family friendly, movie. The visuals are also very impressive. In some ways there are just too many characters. It would have been better if some of the background characters stayed in the background and had less screen time. So it is overall an okay, but just okay movie. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJul 25, 2018
If this is the result of Sony begging for money so bad, I got to admit it that this is a way better attempt at begging for money than The Emoji Movie back in 2017. Nonetheless, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation is another one of thoseIf this is the result of Sony begging for money so bad, I got to admit it that this is a way better attempt at begging for money than The Emoji Movie back in 2017. Nonetheless, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation is another one of those sequels that is just unnecessary to the people who would expect more from this franchise. What Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation features is all your favorite characters but this time outside the recurring location in the entire franchise because they're going to have a summer vacation. I would have at least expected more than just that simple plot. As if that plot wasn't enough, the gags are nice and clean for children to laugh at but wears out so fast that adults will have trouble time laughing at them. Don't expect a lot more from here. Expand
ahmedaiman9999Sep 27, 2018
Fast-paced jokes, interruptive comic scenes, slapstick humor, brightly colored animation, and the distinctive direction style that feels that it fits 2D animation more than 3D animation. They are all here to make HT 3 the most "GenndyFast-paced jokes, interruptive comic scenes, slapstick humor, brightly colored animation, and the distinctive direction style that feels that it fits 2D animation more than 3D animation. They are all here to make HT 3 the most "Genndy Tartakovsky" movie of all the three Hotel Transylvania movies.

Sadly, most of the gags fall flat. Simply, because almost all of them are recycled jokes from the first and the second movie, which also borrowed the original's jokes, and therefore the jokes were less effective, hence the movie was less funnier. Let alone borrowing the same old jokes once more time! But there are also a lot of repetitive jokes from this very movie. I mean how many times should we laugh about Frank's body-part liberation?! And are failed assassination attempts are that funny ?! Seriously, I thought I was watching an unfunny version of Ton & Jerry! Also, there are tons of adult jokes that are just lame!

What disappointed me the most is that it's the first time that I found the interjected humorous scenes that distinguish this franchise very annoying, and completely useless. They are also used so much and became so boring. This time they really feel like string of gags that has nothing to do with the story.

Dennis elevated the humor a little in the first sequel. This time it was Dennis' cute monster-sized puppy, Tinkles, or should I say Bob, that did this job, kinda! At least it had the only repetitive joke that actually worked very well. Also, some of the visual gags worked for me.

Speaking of visuals, this second sequel is just visually dazzling! While the lack of improvement in terms of the animation quality was one of the issues I had with the second installment, this movie suffers from anything but. As I mentioned above, Genndy Tartakovsky is in top form this time. He brought all his unique trademarks which some of them are familiar to the series fans. But he also garnished this threequel with some of his most idiosyncratic visual techniques that fans of his other works like Samurai Jack or Dexter Laboratory will definitely relate to. The quality of the animation itself also improved a great deal. The result is a 3D animated movie that is nothing short of a feast for the eyes!

The movie, nevertheless, doesn't look good just for the sake of it. But the visuals are full of imagination and inventiveness. From the look of the setting to the new characters', everything looks fresh. Just not necessarily funny.

There is some depth that was given to the characters of Dracula and Mavis, and their father-daughter relationship that also served the plot. There is also a smart improvement in the movie's vampire world that was crucial to the main plot. In fact, there are some subtle nuances here and there that could be enough to make the fans of the franchise eager to see another sequel.

Johnny was unbearably stupid for the most part, except for one scene which I consider one of the funniest scenes in the movie. The thing that made this scene, besides some other scenes most of them at the final act, so special is the mix between music and action. I haven't seen anything like these scenes before except in Samurai Jack. They are long scenes that look as epic as silly!

The story is so familiar, and the plot itself is so generic. Also, we have seen billions of animated films that deliver the same message. But the creative slick visuals were more than enough to made up for that. Besides, the message, despite being pretty much on the nose, is utilized cleverly by mixing it with the villain's motives. It is a very easy way to construct the villain, but it is also a very smart one that saved some time, and made a run-of-the-mill, yet somewhat convincing villain.

While the movie's generic plot wasn't a big problem, the movie spent most of its first two acts offering tired jokes till it really kicked up at its final act. Almost the entire first and second acts are consist of a sketch comedy after another.

I don't have much to say about the vocal performances. All the cast reprised their roles as our beloved characters, and they were amazing as always.

Colorfully vivid, and madly fast-paced, Summer Vacation is the most visually pleasing and creative installment in the franchise. It's also way less funny than its two predecessors which, for me, means the weakest one.

(6.5/10)
TyranianOct 28, 2019
Mildly entertaining but utterly stupid from beginning to end. Visuals are excellent.
CineAutoctonoJul 26, 2019
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacations, is a movie where a different facet of the trilogy is shown, but comparing the two previous movies, they showed us few than the little he showed of the gang, a good development for some of the charactersHotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacations, is a movie where a different facet of the trilogy is shown, but comparing the two previous movies, they showed us few than the little he showed of the gang, a good development for some of the characters because in others they are not taking effect, and a fun but very simple story. Expand
JPKJun 29, 2019
Drag And The Gang Are Starting To Feel A Bit Stale
After how f*cking hilarious the first two were, The third instalment feels off per say.
TomtagApr 14, 2019
The third movie was not that bad with humor and great scenes. I really like this one even though it was not the best of the trilogy
JACK15qJun 28, 2020
Its a funny decent movie. I really didn't like the ending but the rest of the movie is good.