United Artists | Release Date: August 31, 2001
4.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 190 Ratings
Watch Now
horcrux2007Jan 8, 2015
This was recommended to me by countless people, and I saw it on Netflix, so I gave it a go. This movie wasn't even close to being scary, which was kinda disappointing, but I thought it had a cool villain and storyline, and it was just anThis was recommended to me by countless people, and I saw it on Netflix, so I gave it a go. This movie wasn't even close to being scary, which was kinda disappointing, but I thought it had a cool villain and storyline, and it was just an extremely entertaining movie. It had some plot issues, but this movie was still really fun to watch. Expand
RikiegeJan 12, 2013
Terrifying. Will make you jump out of your seat. You scare. You will die of fear.
Vyper23May 7, 2016
The most underrated movie.Yes, it was somewhat odd, but it felt like a quirky movie rather than odd crap. I don't care what others say, and I generally agree with user rating, but I liked the atmosphere of this movie, it was enjoyable. If theThe most underrated movie.Yes, it was somewhat odd, but it felt like a quirky movie rather than odd crap. I don't care what others say, and I generally agree with user rating, but I liked the atmosphere of this movie, it was enjoyable. If the rating is for the technical aspect, ok, I can understand it, but the product was enjoyable and memorable, really, that's all I have to say. And I don't understand the antagonist criticism either, he looks way better than those creatures from the movie Avatar. Expand
RickyM.Oct 18, 2009
An instant horror classic one of the best of its kind Creepy intelligent suspenseful and scary a refreshing story as well.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
cameronmorewoodNov 12, 2012
The first half is Psycho-caliber suspense, but once the Creeper begins rearing his head regularly, we know what's coming, and are a lot less scared, which is where Creepers goes wrong. Somehow, though, I was still satisfied- which I can onlyThe first half is Psycho-caliber suspense, but once the Creeper begins rearing his head regularly, we know what's coming, and are a lot less scared, which is where Creepers goes wrong. Somehow, though, I was still satisfied- which I can only attribute to the stellar start. Expand
survivorfan989Feb 25, 2013
One of the first Horror films from the 2000's that really stood-out from the bunch, and it gave us an even better sequel in my opinion, but here's where it all began We only follow two main characters, bro/sis duo Darryl Trish but they workOne of the first Horror films from the 2000's that really stood-out from the bunch, and it gave us an even better sequel in my opinion, but here's where it all began We only follow two main characters, bro/sis duo Darryl Trish but they work well together and are great characters. It's slow paced but when the action picks up it doesn't die down! A little corny here and there but for a Horror film you need to expect that, but Horror buff's have generally favoured this enjoyable flick! Expand
pkarapan77Oct 20, 2013
Excellent movie. About as close as you can get to a "classic spook" movie. While perhaps not as "sophisticated" as some horror fans may expect, the movie is truly creepy all the way through.
Meth-dudeDec 22, 2015
That movie was surprisingly good.The acting was not bad,the movie was suspenseful and the characters were likeable.Sure there was a few plot holes here and there and the CGI effects were bad but the practical effects were really good and theThat movie was surprisingly good.The acting was not bad,the movie was suspenseful and the characters were likeable.Sure there was a few plot holes here and there and the CGI effects were bad but the practical effects were really good and the movie was entertaining. Expand
Ali_RazaMar 19, 2016
10/10 Man this movie scared the **** outta me!,victor salva did a great plus the 2nd movie is one of my favorite off all time!! however the first one was scary tho!,but i like the 2nd one! hope the 3rd one is good as the previous 2 movies.
CooterPatooterFeb 21, 2012
The film opens with great tension and scares, then promptly plummets off a cliff when the killer is revealed to be a ridiculous rubber suit monster and ends with gratuitous disappointment.
BenW.Sep 20, 2001
Decent scare effects early in the movie are basically ruined by the ridiculously lame ending.
TheGilbertMulroneycakesFoundationAug 29, 2003
Somehow, this film's got a bad reputation. Because the sequel's so crap and, well, sequelly, the first is considered rubbish by association. But it's actually good - from apprehensivemysterious first half to inferior but great Somehow, this film's got a bad reputation. Because the sequel's so crap and, well, sequelly, the first is considered rubbish by association. But it's actually good - from apprehensivemysterious first half to inferior but great oh-so-that's-what-it-is-oh-my-god-run-like-hell second. Neat. Unfortunately, it's gone and franchised itself. In a few years, after Jeepers Creepers 666 comes out, no-one'll look at it twice. It's just another Howling. Shame. Expand
DTHOMPSONJan 9, 2006
Excellent openning, then slowly crept toward the "stupid victim" sub-genre of horror. Too bad, the openning really did have promise.
cathyerinea.Oct 22, 2005
Fan-flippin-tastic. the most thought provoking, emotionally wrenching heart string tugger film ive ever seen, man.
marshallm.Sep 23, 2005
classic! and really, really, really creepy.
TimT.Aug 1, 2006
brillant. absolutley a instant horror classic. funny, chilling and smart. unique and brilliant.
luisp.Aug 1, 2006
Exellent film.
AlecB.Aug 16, 2006
[***SPOILERS***] very scary for the first half hour or so until you find out that the creature is just a insect with wings that eats people.
Jw.Sep 15, 2007
By far the most surreal take on the upholstery business to date... Would (probably) be terrifying, if a viewer could in any way identify with victims who, upon noticing a large figure dumping what looks to be a body into a dark culvert, say By far the most surreal take on the upholstery business to date... Would (probably) be terrifying, if a viewer could in any way identify with victims who, upon noticing a large figure dumping what looks to be a body into a dark culvert, say "Yes, the proper thing to do is drive back alone and climb on in." Horror fans - amazingly - agree with this premise every time. Expand
GavinC.Jul 26, 2009
It starts out as a great big thriller, but it soon becomes a great big cliché.
ZachBSep 18, 2009
This is the only scary movie to EVER creep me out. i still haven't watched the whole thing.
DeVr33zOct 2, 2010
Interesting premise and decent leader actors, but the script didn't have enough memorable or genuinely scary moments to be great. Also, the monster wasn't scary at all once you saw him.
asylumspadezNov 27, 2011
It seemed interesting at first but really its just another generic horror film that does nothing to seperate itself from similar films in the genre. The acting is ok but thats about as good as it gets.
TheQuietGamerOct 11, 2018
There is a vein of self-awareness running through Jeepers Creepers that makes some of the sillier stuff in it easier to swallow. Like how the Creeper dances over a moving car as if it's in a Japanese martial art movie or Justin Long'sThere is a vein of self-awareness running through Jeepers Creepers that makes some of the sillier stuff in it easier to swallow. Like how the Creeper dances over a moving car as if it's in a Japanese martial art movie or Justin Long's stupefied looks of sheer terror that are quite amusing to behold. You can tell real-life monster Victor Salva knows his horror movies. There are knowing winks to genre trappings and some clever spins on typically frustrating plot-devices that make them noticeably less irritating. Such as managing to make the two protagonist's misguided exploration of events they could easily have walked away from safely feel much less stupid because of their altruistic motives.

This feels a lot like a Stephen King story. More so than some of the actual adaptations of his work. We get some well-drawn characters, a unique threat in a great setting, and one psychic old lady. Gina Philips and Justin Long make believable siblings thanks to some excellent back-and-forth banter. Their conversations about parents and relationship trouble back at school makes them feel like real people and not your typical horror fodder. Every gruesome new detail revealed about it's sickening antagonist makes it all the more distinctive and intriguing.

The movie is never frightening though. As original and demented as it's title creature is in behavior and motive, it's appearance simply isn't scary. Sometimes shining a light on the monsters makes them even more terrifying as you get to witness all their horrific qualities in full force. Jeepers Creepers has the opposite effect. The more I saw of the Creeper, the less menacing it became.

Luckily as the Creeper becomes less freaky, the action continues to ramp up and we begin to see just how unstoppable the creature really is. Some gruesome and grotesque moments combined with the strong cast make for a very entertaining horror film that isn't afraid to poke fun at longtime tropes. What really won me over was the writing. The plot is better than average and has some great character work. Helping make up for a monster that ultimately isn't as unsettling as it first seemed.

7.7/10
TTW107May 8, 2012
You can't help but laugh at the creature in Jeepers Creepers. The first half an hour is pretty promising but then it just gets ridiculous. The movie has zero scares and not even a shock ending. A very ineffective horror movie.
ILHMJan 31, 2013
"You know the part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid, and everybody hates them for it? This is it." Trish and Darry are stalked by a terrifying man-eating creature while on their way home for spring break in 2001's"You know the part in scary movies when somebody does something really stupid, and everybody hates them for it? This is it." Trish and Darry are stalked by a terrifying man-eating creature while on their way home for spring break in 2001's JEEPERS CREEPERS! Victor Salva directs from his own original screenplay, which is lazy, messy, and misguided from the very start. JEEPERS CREEPERS opens as a suspenseful thriller, before revealing that the killer creature is actually rooted in the supernatural. Whenever the action lulls or our interest in the characters begins to fade, Salva throws in some desperate new gimmick to try and gain back his lost momentum without ever actually attempting to improve upon the story itself. The creature goes from being an axe-wielding maniac to being a cannibalistic ghoul to then tranforming into a cannibalistic ghoul with wings and mandibles which serve no other purpose than to show off the flashy special effects. At one point, Salva writes himself into a corner when attempting to explain the creature's origin or why it only eats certain people and parts of the body, and hence "Jezelle the Psychic" is born out of convenience and necessity. If we are to believe that the creature can only replenish its limbs and vital organs by eating the flesh of its victims, just how is it supposed to grow back those wings, anyway? As annoying as they often can be, Justin Long and Gina Phillips are goofy enough to keep us entertained as the unfortunate brother and sister team, while Jonathan Breck adds a frightening new villain to the modern Slasher genre. Expand
Johnluna1Mar 5, 2014
A mediocre film. There is a lack of suspense that was greatly needed to improve the movie, the thrills were a lot less exciting then they were intended to be. Some scenes were cool and song was a nice touch, but I wish they used it more thanA mediocre film. There is a lack of suspense that was greatly needed to improve the movie, the thrills were a lot less exciting then they were intended to be. Some scenes were cool and song was a nice touch, but I wish they used it more than twice, it would have worked perfect for a theme when the jeepers creepers guy came, not just once, but they could have at least kept the old-timey music in throughout the movie a found it very unique and fitting. Overall it is a passable film. Expand
Luke_McLaughlinJul 25, 2013
Jeepers Creepers, though genuinely scary at times, falls short due to a plot structure riddled with anti-climactic thrills and unfortunately idiotic characters.
bfoore90Apr 20, 2018
Offers a few jumps but falls short on actually being scary. It's premise is interesting but it's so unpolished that it almost doesn't take itself too seriously to actually be considered horror.
inaneswineNov 14, 2017
With fist-clenching tension, a frenetic sense of pace and a remarkably talented cast, particularly the chemistry between Gina Phillips and the ever underrated Justin Long, Jeepers Creepers soars miles above the average Hollywood horror flick.
solomsApr 17, 2015
I really like the Creeper, I think it is a good horror movie, very sick, but I went to see more in the movie. Anyway, The story is a really horror story, level Stephen King.
russiangamerMar 14, 2017
Стандартный ужастик, сделан по шаблону. Тупые герои, даже очень тупые, обычные пугалки, скука. Всё, что присуще проходному ужастику тут присутствует. Фильм максимум на 1 раз.Стандартный ужастик, сделан по шаблону. Тупые герои, даже очень тупые, обычные пугалки, скука. Всё, что присуще проходному ужастику тут присутствует. Фильм максимум на 1 раз.
kyle20ellisAug 9, 2016
MrTacoBobJul 16, 2017
A scary movie but it gets really boring near the end but still brings the right amount of scares. I would recommend Jeepers Creepers but only to certain people.