Universal Pictures | Release Date: January 6, 2023
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 113 Ratings
Watch Now
manningn15Jan 10, 2023
M3GAN was a horror-comedy that was a perfect balance between both the funny dark humor and creepy eerie horror moments and full of amazing campiness. Amie Donald and Jenna Davis were an amazing duo as M3GAN with Amie's creepy, cool, roboticM3GAN was a horror-comedy that was a perfect balance between both the funny dark humor and creepy eerie horror moments and full of amazing campiness. Amie Donald and Jenna Davis were an amazing duo as M3GAN with Amie's creepy, cool, robotic movements and Jenna's sweet, eerie, somewhat monotone robotic voice just made M3GAN both so welcoming and menacing; they gave exceptional performances. Violet McGraw and Allison Williams performances were great. The writing was outstanding; loved how the movie leaned into the campiness and absurdity, the balance of comedy and horror, the satire with the idea that A.I. could ever replace replace humans and human interaction, and the few heartfelt moments between Gemma and Cady. The use of practical special effects like the mask and hands and minimalist visual effects used to create M3GAN were phenomenal. The costumes especially ones wore by Amie Donald were excellent. M3GAN was lots of fun and one of my favorite horror movies I've ever seen. Expand
Stream2BigScreeJan 8, 2023
Happy New Year, Streamers! We all want to do bigger and better things in the new year, right? Bring it on, 2023! Let’s start with the highly anticipated sci-fi, horror, thriller, M3GAN, which was released in theaters on January 6, 2023. IHappy New Year, Streamers! We all want to do bigger and better things in the new year, right? Bring it on, 2023! Let’s start with the highly anticipated sci-fi, horror, thriller, M3GAN, which was released in theaters on January 6, 2023. I know you’ve seen the trailers and all the memes of the dancing, creepy robot doll. Now, the movie that inspired all of that virality is finally out. Let’s see if it lives up to the hype.

The basic plot of M3GAN begins when Cady (Violet McGraw) comes to live with her aunt, Gemma (Allison Williams). Cady is mourning the death of her parents, and Gemma is ill-equipped to handle her emotionally fragile niece. Gemma is an engineer and toy designer working on increasingly advanced toys. Gemma has been working on a prototype for M3GAN (Model 3 Generative Android), and she uses M3GAN’s artificial intelligence technology to pair her as a personal companion and protector to Cady. Of course, deadly consequences and creepy hijinks ensue.

M3GAN is very slow to get started. There is a lot of set up to get to the murderous doll on the loose, which is what we all came for. The movie takes its time to establish Gemma’s job, Gemma’s lack of personal life, Cady’s transition to living with Gemma, and Gemma’s difficulty fitting Cady into her life. It takes too long when all we really want in this demented doll to start creating mayhem. I didn’t time when that actually occurs, but I definitely was getting a bit restless. Honestly, we’ve seen this movie before so let’s just get to the action, okay?!?

Secondly, the best parts of M3GAN are already revealed in the trailer. They are still good in the context of the movie, but they lose some potency and surprise because we’ve already seen them. Nevertheless, the visual effects are fun and the performance of Amie Donald, who physically portrays M3GAN, is really good. She moves in a creepy way and the dancing is hilarious. There are also some one liners delivered by M3GAN that are both funny and ridiculous. I only wish the movie overall was funnier. It’s a silly concept and it doesn’t take itself too seriously, but it is all very predictable, but never is it scary.

Ultimately, M3GAN is a good time at the movies. If you’ve seen these movies where inanimate objects take on a demented life of their own, then you’ve seen this one before. However, there are interesting aspects like the visual effects, some lines and the performance of Amie McDonald – but it’s not scary, if that’s what you want. Since some of the best moments are spoiled by the trailers, I’d only suggest a matinee viewing to start off your weekend. Just a bow of popcorn is enough.
CrusaderJan 23, 2023
M3GAN is a slow burn psychological thriller that turns into a slasher.
M3GAN is a slow burn psychological thriller that turns into a slasher.
The movie takes its time to build up to the introduction of M3GAN and even then, it takes some time before the actual horror begins. But that doesn't mean it's boring. To really see the journey from beginning to end makes this so much more than just a horror movie while at the same time delivering on the slasher fun towards the end.
While I have seen some people, and articles, complain about the movie being PG-13 there is no time during the movie that I feel there was any need for more swears, blood or gore. In fact, it feels a little like it could have ruined the movie and missed an age group this movie was made for.
This isn't an R-movie cut down to PG-13, this movie was made from the ground up to be PG-13, and you can tell. But that doesn't mean the movie ever feels childish. This isn't a movie made for children as much as a movie made to be suitable for children. It's still a very mature story even if there is some dark humor and a couple of goofy characters.
Take a child who's interested in horror and go watch this, or go watch it yourself. I would also like to praise young Violet McGraw who did some really great emotional acting in what must have been a very tough role.
RubeRedJan 7, 2023
This is an absolute triumph. It does a great job of making fun of itself but with enough horror, and social commentary. "it's insane, right?!"
pquinonezJan 6, 2023
Really fun movie that is entertaining to watch and that gives a new character to root for which is Megan.
GinaKJan 24, 2023
Was this movie perfect? Perfectly fascinating. The “doll” herself and the concept behind her was perfect, and the actress/robot flawlessly conceived and convincing. And looking back, I don’t remember a dull moment, just thoughts of what onWas this movie perfect? Perfectly fascinating. The “doll” herself and the concept behind her was perfect, and the actress/robot flawlessly conceived and convincing. And looking back, I don’t remember a dull moment, just thoughts of what on earth is going to happen next. Expand
PorriTheGodJan 21, 2023
Algo fresco al genero de terror que necesitaba un pequeño empujón. Must see.
neomoonsevinJan 12, 2023
for a low budget b movie this has to one of the best B movies ever, great acting unfamilar actors but m3gan well then better not let her dance all over ya facials its gonna kill ya anyways great movie liked it
PudxkkvJan 7, 2023
Muito previsível e sem nada de original
Muito previsível e sem nada de original
Mas em compensação é muito muito divertido e bem feito, não é um filme de terror tem alguns elementos mais chuva muito pra comédia queen e cômica, pura diversão além de apresentar uma ÓTIMA VILÃ a própria m3gan, ela é muito legal vai virar um ícone do terror! Recomendo assistir no cinema com um gp de amigos, vão se divertir!
HuseyJan 7, 2023
A brilliant movie, keeps you on your toes throughout the full movie! A must see in cinemas!
RhonniJan 12, 2023
M3gan was a great horror movie to start off the year, breaking the cycle of horrible January horror movies (like Scream did last year). The tone is effortlessly combined with horror, comedy, and camp (for those of you who whine about it notM3gan was a great horror movie to start off the year, breaking the cycle of horrible January horror movies (like Scream did last year). The tone is effortlessly combined with horror, comedy, and camp (for those of you who whine about it not being fully horror, that's the point). And M3gan herself completely steals the show, whether it's with her dancing and singing, or one-liners and snarky remarks. If you don't take the movie too seriously, you'll have a great time. Expand
Lee16Jan 7, 2023
I think it’s a pretty decent movie . It some heart touching moments more towards the end.The horror part is a little scary well for me (idk your preference) .The ai screwing up story is something to right about .There are some funnyI think it’s a pretty decent movie . It some heart touching moments more towards the end.The horror part is a little scary well for me (idk your preference) .The ai screwing up story is something to right about .There are some funny moments too which makes it better. I would definitely recommend this if you like horror movies Expand
ViltrisJan 9, 2023
I went in expecting a mindless fun slasher horror. Instead, I got a character drama with horror elements and a dash of comedy, that brings up themes of dependence on technology (which I can relate to) and parenthood (which I can't). The onlyI went in expecting a mindless fun slasher horror. Instead, I got a character drama with horror elements and a dash of comedy, that brings up themes of dependence on technology (which I can relate to) and parenthood (which I can't). The only downside is that the movie sticks to a lot of Hollywood cliches, both in terms of the depiction of engineers and in terms of horror tropes.

Still worth watching though. With a runtime of 102 minutes, it's refreshingly short compared to a lot of the epic-length 2.5+ hour movies we've been getting recently.
quincinemaJan 10, 2023
M3GAN is good, campy fun. It has a respectable message and communicates it through a fun cast, great effects, and entertaining horror sequences.
HarryhausenJan 24, 2023
M3GAN.
Graças a promoção de aniversariante do clube da pipoca do Cinesystem Cinemas ,fui ver esse excelente filme totalmente de graça.
M3GAN.
Vou deixar bem claro, se você sair de casa esperando um assustador terror clássico, vai se arrepender. Esse filme é totalmente direcionado pra geração z, é um TERRIR da melhor qualidade.
Não se enganem, apesar do baixíssimo gore, o filme até tem seus bons jumpscares, mas o que se destaca mesmo é a personagem da boneca e suas falas hilarias. É meme sobre meme. Enfim, teria sido um filme muito melhor se fosse entregue nas mãos do mestre Sam Raimi, mas nada disso é suficiente pra desvalorizar o filme. Vale pelas risadas e pela crítica à nossa dependência da tecnologia.
pastor43Jan 7, 2023
The Female version of Chucky. It was done very nicely, I thoroughly enjoyed it…
dharmaJan 25, 2023
Another great entry from producer James Wan. Incredibly smart 'thriller' is actually a throwback to one of my favorite genre in the 90's, but jacked up for the 21st century. A bit of note..it actually provides a great social commentary on ourAnother great entry from producer James Wan. Incredibly smart 'thriller' is actually a throwback to one of my favorite genre in the 90's, but jacked up for the 21st century. A bit of note..it actually provides a great social commentary on our reliance on gadgets to 'pacify' our kids. Enough said, a great and entertaining flick. Go and see it. Expand
OrukayuJan 25, 2023
Horror movie released in 2023. Comedy was also shown as a genre, but I did not see a comedy element. M3gan is a smart robot doll with its own operating system, just like Chucky in the latest version of the movie (see Child's Play). AlthoughHorror movie released in 2023. Comedy was also shown as a genre, but I did not see a comedy element. M3gan is a smart robot doll with its own operating system, just like Chucky in the latest version of the movie (see Child's Play). Although the movies are very similar to each other, I liked it.

As for the plot, a family has a car accident. Only their little girl survived the accident. They put the girl in the custody of her aunt. This woman is also a smart toy designer at a toy company. As the little girl is embittered, she develops the prototype she's already working on and designs an intelligent robot that will both be her companion and break sales records. This toy girl has a self-development feature. This feature is connected to the instinct of protecting his best friend, his daughter, over time.

I like the toys created in these kinds of movies more. Except for 1988's Chucky.

Some scenes in the movie are accompanied by great music. Megan accompanies the music with her dances.

I can take over the world with an M3gan and a Chucky

There are no nudity or sexually explicit scenes.
XyrogyraJan 6, 2023
This movie kicks Annabelle in the d**k
This movie kicks Annabelle in the d**k
It's an action thriller with light horror elements. Don't expect too much out of it and you won't be disappointed. Good narrative on the future of AI tech as well; spells out a very plausible dystopian future in my opinion
davemelbourne58Jan 8, 2023
What a GREAT beginning to 2023!
M3gan actually delivered.
A very funny satire taking aim at the parents who let children spend too much time alone with tech instead of interfacing with other children. Very funny, and M3gan took care of all
What a GREAT beginning to 2023!
M3gan actually delivered.
Very funny, and M3gan took care of all the slimy bad guys who dropping witty bon mots. I hear if there's a sequeal to M3gan, they are going to call it Marna.
MetacriticOnurJan 24, 2023
excellent
[ ek-suh-luhnt ]

adjective
possessing outstanding quality or superior merit; remarkably good.
MargauxWrockleyJan 14, 2023
You know what? If anyone's wanting a "M3GAN" 'coz ending up with No Close Buddy why not just grabbing shots Socials Surfing via CyberSpace thumbs-up Wi-Fi Hitching with an "Android Smartphone" knowing World Wide Web is ending up asYou know what? If anyone's wanting a "M3GAN" 'coz ending up with No Close Buddy why not just grabbing shots Socials Surfing via CyberSpace thumbs-up Wi-Fi Hitching with an "Android Smartphone" knowing World Wide Web is ending up as Self-Expression Medium.

I'm like thinking "Artificial Intelligence" is Freaky if Androids are Genius while everyone's without Brains knowing "Just Google Anything" Mentality somehow ending up with an Empty University Library WorldWide as Nobody's throwing **** dropping by checking out Everything in Print 'coz What-To-Know's a Click Away.

I'm thinking why not pushing with "No Charge Wi-Fi WorldWide" knowing Internet is a Basic Human Right anyways.

"Android Cyborgs" may ending up as Greatest Invention going out a Few Genius Minds but I'm Cool with Just an Android Smartphone 'n CyberSpace WorldWide.

I'm like what if Android Cyborgs is ending up with Own Minds which might going Out of Control but thinking through maybe a Subconscious Mind of Someone will Possess an Android Cyborg grabbing shots Existing as One of Crowd.

Why? What if Android Cyborgs Created Logically is not yet a thumbs-up while Everything is Possible if doing Technology Magically.

I'm thinking of "Gundam Wing" ending up as Space Ship just like in such Japanese Animation which is Cool Enough just so everyone's grabbing shots with Universe Travel in a Magical Way.
FabiancscJan 21, 2023
It's a great movie and from a horror point of view I'd say it lacks a little more, but the plot is good and it draws a lot of attention. The trailer was substantial but I think it was early and that's why I thought it would be a simple andIt's a great movie and from a horror point of view I'd say it lacks a little more, but the plot is good and it draws a lot of attention. The trailer was substantial but I think it was early and that's why I thought it would be a simple and boring movie, but I'll leave what I said and say it's a good movie Expand
FrodeOHJan 16, 2023
I enjoyed this movie. This movie has similarities to Chucky. And i like that.
alanpotter17Jan 21, 2023
M3gan consegue servir entretenimento de qualidade com uma história simples sobre o perigo de uma boneca controlada por IA, e ainda sendo preparada para cuidar de crianças. É claro que ia dar confusão.
Porém, o filme está mais para comédia
Porém, o filme está mais para comédia mesmo, não à toa a parte da dança se sobressai. Não é um filme que causa medo, mesmo porque as concessões do roteiro são muitas para passar uma sensação real de perigo. O final indica que teremos uma continuação, e espero sinceramente por um humor mais escrachado, queria ver essa boneca maligna numa pegada mais thrash.
matthias17Jan 9, 2023
Very solid and well-written creepy thriller movie and also some hilarious scenes, love to see more sequels about it
wandamaximoff66Jan 6, 2023
um otimo filme bem engraçado que balanceia bem a comedia e o horror muito bem e o personagem de m3gan, prevejo que se tornara um icone instantâneo
krystal13Jan 7, 2023
This movie was so cool! I have been waiting forever to see it, and it was great. M3GAN was hilarious and scary at the same time. The doll was creepy but so sarcastic and had great graphics. I am so glad that I went to see it.
m3gan_fanJan 18, 2023
It's was amazing my favorite sarcy movie I hope there a part two no way she gone she in side the black robot
MattyIce34Jan 6, 2023
I wish it was rated R (apparently they cut this to PG-13 for theaters) but it’s got enough enough campy horror and humor to be a fun ride at the theater.
OrionHamakeJan 7, 2023
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the movie is too short and felt rushed, it could have been much longer. I liked how charismatic m3gan is. I liked her interaction with the girl and how she evolved into a killer, these are such character development that of course, could have been more exploreted if the movie lasted longer. I just hope If there's a sequel, it'll be much darker and with a higher age rating, because i didnt like how the horror tone was turned down because the producers wanted it to be Teen rating. It was fun to watch, if you like themes involving sci-fi, rogue A.Is and killers dolls you will definitely like it, but don't expect a bloody horror movie. Expand
JLuis_001Jan 6, 2023
A horror movie that was afraid to go the extra mile.
After reading its director's ''justification'' for the reshoots that softened the tone to make it PG-13, M3GAN is basically what I expected to be.
In fact it feels like a reconfiguration of
A horror movie that was afraid to go the extra mile.
In fact it feels like a reconfiguration of what the Child's Play remake did just about 3 years ago.

I can't deny its functional nature in matters purely of entertainment, but the ensemble itself has absolutely nothing to highlight.
P4inskillerJan 24, 2023
Dull, naive and illogical script. Many logic holes and amateurish execution. It could have been so much better if some really talented and professional writers had been at work, but so...
Badgerryan27Jan 6, 2023
Not as bad as I expected. The movie was pretty cliche and it goes exactly the way you would expect, but with that said there is some enjoyment in it with a good cast and solid acting. Not your usual January horror movie.
AmiantoJan 7, 2023
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie looked good, but as it progresses it doesn't fit the horror genre; no suspense or scary scenes, just a couple of scares. The movie looks more like a children's movie since without any given context, the doll begins to sing without any sense in several scenes, such as in the end when she is about to die, something that she does not in that orsince without any given context, the doll begins to sing without any sense in several scenes, such as in the end when she is about to die, something that she does not in that orsince without any given context, the doll begins to sing without any sense in several scenes, such as in the end when she is about to die, something that has nothing to do at the time. The only thing for which it would not be for a child is for the deaths and blood.
As the movie ends it seems that it is taken more as a kind of comedy, since without any kind of context the doll begins to dance and make strange movements, this too It happens when you throw the child on the road.The only good point for me is the beginning, that is, how Megan is introduced; and the performance of Allison Williams
bertobellamyJan 10, 2023
Sure it's funny, but it's very derivative. A little more gore would've been great. It's a decent reintroduction to the "evil doll" concept for the new generations, but a more darker tone would've suited it better.
BM743Jan 18, 2023
Terrible. How am I’m gonna watch a horror movie if I don’t feel scared about the main antagonist. This is just a rip off 2019 child’s play. Didn’t enjoy one bit of it 0/10
Brian0026Jan 18, 2023
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. badly acted, everything predictable. boring with a sad plot, paying attention to the movie makes you sleepy, with quite bad jokes pffff, it seems that an absurd 5-year-old boy wrote it Expand
PanchogulJan 6, 2023
Está buena, es muy entretenida y a simple vista se ve muy convencional el tema de robots con inteligencia artificial, pero la diferencia radica en que en M3GAN ejecuta mejor el concepto sin caer en explicaciones absurdas. La robotina haceEstá buena, es muy entretenida y a simple vista se ve muy convencional el tema de robots con inteligencia artificial, pero la diferencia radica en que en M3GAN ejecuta mejor el concepto sin caer en explicaciones absurdas. La robotina hace bien en aniquilar con precisión a los personajes que para cualquiera serían molestos. Pese a todo lo anterior no le puedo poner un 10 porque apenas llega a ser un Thriller muy blando que va a la segura, se nota por el tipo de marketing que le han hecho que está totalmente dirigida a la infame Generación Z que se conforma con algo bonito pero completamente hueco en su interior, es más, la mocosa representa como todo ese grupo de personas es incapaz de despegarse un segundo de la tecnología sin entrar en cólera y que muy a pesar de eso, siento que ese es el mensaje implícito que tiene esta película y le doy mérito por eso. Con mucha suerte una eventual secuela querrá tomar al toro por los cuernos y hacer a mejor escala lo que hizo falta en primer lugar. Expand
DolphinReviewsJan 14, 2023
This movie is way to scary for a pg13 rating. I cried and I'm an adult. I had to sleep with the lights on, one of the most scary movies I have ever seen. DO NOT SHOW THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN.
TJISHERE2022Jan 7, 2023
M3GAN was one of the worst horror movies I have seen in a long time!!! The ending was very boring and the movie was way dragged out with more talking than action!!!
SuperNaivJan 24, 2023
People really like this? This is crap! Worst acting I have seen this year. Story is sh*t too. One good thing, the doll is kind of creepy looking.
royalguy07Jan 13, 2023
Takes too long to M3GAN and doesn't M3GAN nearly hard enough. Going to start a list for horror movies where the dog/pet dies first.
LionhartJan 13, 2023
This is a boring horror if you can even call it that, the acting is real bad, save your money and watch something else. This is a child play rip-off.
ByteMyPixelsJan 17, 2023
Chucky meets Terminator with an tale about letting the internet raise your kids. Everything in the movie is "fine" just felt like it was neutered for mainstream sales and a PG-13 rating. You won't walk away feeling like you wasted your money,Chucky meets Terminator with an tale about letting the internet raise your kids. Everything in the movie is "fine" just felt like it was neutered for mainstream sales and a PG-13 rating. You won't walk away feeling like you wasted your money, but rather you will walk away and forget about the last 2 hours of your life. Which could be a fate worse than being bad. Expand
CarlElmoreJan 16, 2023
Really bad but in a "so bad that it's good way". Absolutely hilarious from start to finish.
PedroignaciombJan 20, 2023
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Megan foi de longe um dos filmes de terror mais horrendos que já assisti, as cenas são tão sem graça, e os sustos (que quase não acontecem) são tão previsíveis e nada amedrontadores, uma das piores cenas foi de longe a cena em que a M3gan mata a vizinha da prota com um LAVA JATO DE PRESSÃO ALTA, REPITO: UM LAVA JATO DE PRESSÃO ALTA, foi de longe a cena em que mais ri no filme, por ser tão sem sentido e sem gosto, enfim, M3gan é só mais um filme de boneco que mata, porém agora ele é robótico. Expand
TVJerryJan 14, 2023
When a little girl (Violet McGraw) loses both parents in a car crash, she's transferred to the care of her aunt (Allison Williams), who also happens to be the lead engineer on a new AI "doll." At first, it bonds with the bereaved child andWhen a little girl (Violet McGraw) loses both parents in a car crash, she's transferred to the care of her aunt (Allison Williams), who also happens to be the lead engineer on a new AI "doll." At first, it bonds with the bereaved child and helps her heal, but as their connection deepens, M3gan gets more protective, leading to the inevitable destruction. Since the plot is predictable, it's up to the production to make it fresh. There's not much new, but there are moments of self-aware humor that add some levity, mostly meta wise cracks provided by the doll (a hybrid of CGI, puppetry and a real girl). Otherwise, the action or direction aren't special and there's virtually no suspense. Expand
tontoJan 9, 2023
M3gan is a horror-comedy that for the most part lands. In it, we have our main character, Genna, working as an engineer for a robotic toy company. She designs a doll for her niece that she thinks will be a good companion. However, the dollM3gan is a horror-comedy that for the most part lands. In it, we have our main character, Genna, working as an engineer for a robotic toy company. She designs a doll for her niece that she thinks will be a good companion. However, the doll becomes malevolent after it gains sentience. The movie is pretty entertaining and there are some laughs and thrills. Expand
Rebecca31Jan 15, 2023
A toy company forgot to install Asimov’s three laws of robotics and violent chaos ensues. M3GAN is a combination of Chucky and Artificial Intelligence with a little bit of Black Mirror and Robocop thrown into the mix. The result being a veryA toy company forgot to install Asimov’s three laws of robotics and violent chaos ensues. M3GAN is a combination of Chucky and Artificial Intelligence with a little bit of Black Mirror and Robocop thrown into the mix. The result being a very entertaining movie that will no doubt spawn a whole new series of sequels.

Gemma (Allison Williams) is a robotics engineer at a toy company who have just created a revolutionary toy that will soon become the must-have for every child. This life-like doll is there to meet all your child’s needs, and with M3GAN around you’ll never need another toy ever again. Gemma has the opportunity to pilot M3GAN (Model 3 Generative Android) with her niece Cady (Violet McGraw). Cady is now M3GAN’s primary user and she is programmed to protect her at whatever cost.

Right away you can see where this movie is going. There’s nothing revolutionary about the story, it’s a combination of other ideas done before yet M3GAN ends up being a very entertaining and an unexpectedly hilarious cinema experience. It plays less into the horror and more into comedic moments but it works. Though it’s more than a generic horror/comedy with satirical elements running throughout, and raises issues such as our increasingly reliance on technology and the ethical dilemmas around creating a toy that could arguably be a substitution for parenting. M3GAN doesn’t take itself too seriously at all and plays into the comedy, delivering exactly what you expect.

I saw this in a busy cinema, with everyone thoroughly enjoying the movie. It’s short, predictable with no real surprises, though the M3GAN doll did a lot more singing than I was expecting which is as creepy as it sounds. M3GAN is not going to give you any nightmares, it’s the same level of scary that Chucky and Small Soldiers is. Clearly the violence was toned down to appeal to a wider audience. I wouldn’t quite call this a horror because it really isn’t scary enough, it ends up being more freaky than anything else but it’s highly entertaining in the moment and has enough laughs to keep the crowd happy.
Onlyclassicvg1Jan 28, 2023
M3GAN was a horror-comedy that was a perfect balance between both the funny dark humor and creepy eerie horror moments and full of amazing campiness. Amie Donald and Jenna Davis were an amazing duo as M3GAN with Amie's creepy, cool, roboticM3GAN was a horror-comedy that was a perfect balance between both the funny dark humor and creepy eerie horror moments and full of amazing campiness. Amie Donald and Jenna Davis were an amazing duo as M3GAN with Amie's creepy, cool, robotic movements an Expand
liamexeJan 27, 2023
I love horror films, but it's difficult to find one that really frightens me. I had great expectations for this movie and walked in expecting to be terrified. This movie's concept is fantastic, and I think it has a lot of promise as a horrorI love horror films, but it's difficult to find one that really frightens me. I had great expectations for this movie and walked in expecting to be terrified. This movie's concept is fantastic, and I think it has a lot of promise as a horror film. Megan was a truly fascinating creation since she was so lifelike but still a doll. I can't emphasise that enough. It also got you thinking about how a doll nowadays practically replaces parents who are too busy to raise their children. Expand
uncleblazerJan 27, 2023
surprisingly good. terminator meets chucky. the doll is creepy af especially that dance scene. def worth a watch.
MahaakshayJan 17, 2023
I was very surprised that M3ghan had taken a very big opening and also was highly reviewed because the film was released in January which is also called Dumpuary in Hollywood as all the films which no one will see are released during thisI was very surprised that M3ghan had taken a very big opening and also was highly reviewed because the film was released in January which is also called Dumpuary in Hollywood as all the films which no one will see are released during this time. But all the ratings and reviews really made me inclined to watch this film as I wanted to know what the fuss was all about and I must say, I wasn't disappointed but earnestly, I wasn't blown away either. M3ghan is a good film but not a great film.

The story and premise are very much like Child's Play. In fact if you have seen Child's Play then you will surely identify many references given to that film in M3ghan. I can say, it's a love letter to Child's Play.

Of course by now, everyone knows the story of the film through the trailers. It is about an android doll which goes 'dark side' on it's creator and what not. When you see the trailer, you expect the plot to start very soon but in fact, it takes a while before the story picks up. And when it does, it has moments of thrills and excitement. For me, M3ghan isn't a horror film but more like a Thriller.

Blumhouse has already made a fortune with this film with it's PG-13 rating which I believe was a smart move 'cause Horror films are mostly rated R and the ones which are rated PG-13 always fall short. But M3ghan is good in it's PG-13 element.

Performance wise Allison Williams does a very good job and after 'M3ghan' it is her who rides the film on her shoulders.

Violet Mcgraw is also very impressive as she has a tough role to play and she delivers.

The supporting cast do their bit but it is Ronny Chieng who stands out amongst them. His character might look and feel loud but he garners a lot of laughs.

Writers Akela Cooper and James Wan have a written a good story but somewhere I felt that the plot could had begin sooner and the thrills could had been placed a little closer together. I didn't get bored in the film but at times I did feel that there were places which were 'plain' in the film.

Director Gerard Johnstone has done a good job with the treatment of the film. The film has a mood especially when it comes to the scenes of M3ghan. One always feels that Meghan is continuously watching you, from within the darkness.

In conclusion, M3ghan for me was a good film. Not great not bad. Just good enough. Give it a shot. You will like the thrills.
leandroo17Jan 27, 2023
extremely average and common movie with few moments of terror,I ventured to say that there are actually more moments of comedy than of "true terror"
Julioalfonso11Jan 27, 2023
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unas de de las mejores películas de todas y la verdad la recomiendo mucho para todos ustedes Expand
MomiaJan 27, 2023
En cuanto a muñecos de terror es lo mejor después de Chucky 1 y 2. Aplaudo la propuesta y espero que sigan con el personaje.
CrismexJan 28, 2023
Buenas ideas mal ejecutadas, tengo la esperanza que si lanzan la versión sin cesura pueda mejorar.