Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 12, 1981
Tomatometer / Audience score 95 / 96
IMDB 85
(91.7)
J-MNov 7, 2018
Extremely exciting and fun to watch, this is truly one of the greatest films of all time. It's not very historically based, but it's still quite fun and ludicrously entertaining.
LoletinAlexisJan 18, 2019
Raiders of the Lost Ark is a great movie.
It brings us one of the best characters in the movies and a very funny movie, although the story is quite simple (and unoriginal), which is the only drawback of this movie if you are a purist of the stories.
DarmesisJan 27, 2019
If you’re one of the folks that gave this movie a “0” then you are a person whose opinion should not be taken seriously. There have been darn few movies that have thrilled like it before or since, therefore, it’s a “10”, baby!
BenaudMar 9, 2019
Damn near perfect adventure movie that sparked two great sequels and one decidedly average one. Having said that, I hear they are working on another one. Please make it less ridiculous than Kingdom...
You know who the good guys are, you know
You know who the good guys are, you know who the bad guys are, and they go at each other all out, in this, the pinnacle of what an adventure movie can be.
Wolfenstein51Mar 14, 2019
Best movie of all time. Nothing comes close. I remember seeing Raiders in the theater 14 times when I was a kid. It was great to take my son to see it a couple of years ago when it was playing as a limited theater run. What can I say?Best movie of all time. Nothing comes close. I remember seeing Raiders in the theater 14 times when I was a kid. It was great to take my son to see it a couple of years ago when it was playing as a limited theater run. What can I say? Indiana Jones IS adventure. Everything about this movie is perfection. There is an amazing action scene within the first 10 minutes which I think a lot of movies can learn from. That scene was the hook. Indiana and all the players were interesting and multi-layered. I have seen this movie over 200 times and it is the best movie ever created. If you haven't seen it, you haven't seen perfection on film. Expand
TyranianApr 13, 2019
Up there with the greatest adventure films, Raiders is a heck of a lotta fun with great humour, action and drama. Brilliant.
MPReviewsMay 26, 2019
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the brain child of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and launched what is probably the only major franchise Lucasfilm has tied to their name outside of Star Wars. This was my first time watching the movie fromRaiders of the Lost Ark is the brain child of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg and launched what is probably the only major franchise Lucasfilm has tied to their name outside of Star Wars. This was my first time watching the movie from beginning to end and overall I liked it. It had good characters, great acting (especially from Harrison Ford), fun action, and a great score from John Williams. It does drag a bit in a few areas and, I admit this is just a me issue, but it is a bit too gory in some parts for my taste so if that sort of thing makes you squeamish there’s your advance warning, but I still enjoyed it and am interested in checking out the sequels and seeing the 5th film whenever it gets out of production hell. 7/10 - Recommended. Expand
JPKJun 29, 2019
A Classic Adventure
Raiders Of The Lost Ark is another classic movie that helped shape the modern film industry as we know it today.