United Artists | Release Date: March 29, 1959
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 85 Ratings
Watch Now
TyranianApr 13, 2019
Fairly funny film with really good acting but men acting like women is only funny for so long.
thelolSep 25, 2017
Some people still say this is the greatest comedy ever made in Hollywood. Who am I to argue? Even after 45 years, it's still very funny and not the least bit dated. It is one of the true classics in the history of film.

I know one thing:

I know one thing: Marilyn Monroe never looked hotter!

The film is a wonderful combination of comedy, action, suspense and romance with great old-time gangster scenes played out first in Chicago and then in Miami Beach. George Raft and Nehimiah Persoff are just great as gangsters.

The stars, though, are Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis but you can also enjoy performances from famous known actors like Pat O'Brien and Joe E. Brown. The action scenes are in the beginning and end. In the middle, the bulk of the film, is the main story featuring comedy and romance. Lemmon has the best lines in the film and his facial expressions alone evoke lots of laughter.

This film is so famous that there is no need going into detail, but for some younger person reading this, don't worry about this being an old-fashioned, boring black-and-white film your parents or grandparents liked but you would find boring. You'll have fun watching this, too, I guarantee it.
amheretojudgeMay 3, 2018
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot

The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double entandre. I.A.L. Diamond and Billy Wilder; the screen writers, adapted the raw concept smartly and projected it onto various conversations that draws out laughs; especially the "train" sequence. Billy Wilder's brilliant execution is the key that helps keeping it to the ground and practical despite of having some sketchy scenes in it. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are flat out hilarious in their parallel roles and are supported thoroughly by Marilyn Monroe. Some Like It Hot defines and preaches others on how to create such genre feature and that is by focusing onto its lead characters that should and does go in here the journey that is full of chaos and bold but still never leaves the fun out of it.
EgeBerkDec 17, 2018
I watched this film at the age of 14-15, I liked it very much and wanted to watch it again and it was as nice as I remember.
I think we laughed so much that almost everyone would be happy to watch this movie.Jack Lemmon fascinates you with his acting really he plays the role and makes us feel it was one of the best acting I've seen

My favorite and most laughing scene was the dance scene of jack lemmon and Joe E.Brown duo,is probably one of the best scenes in the history of cinema.would definitely recommend to everyone.wonderful movie a masterpiece.but of course there are some bad aspects of ridiculous scenes, but you don't wear them too much.