United Artists | Release Date: March 29, 1959
Universal acclaim based on 154 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
TyranianApr 13, 2019
Fairly funny film with really good acting but men acting like women is only funny for so long.
thelolSep 25, 2017
Some people still say this is the greatest comedy ever made in Hollywood. Who am I to argue? Even after 45 years, it's still very funny and not the least bit dated. It is one of the true classics in the history of film.

I know one thing:

I know one thing: Marilyn Monroe never looked hotter!

The film is a wonderful combination of comedy, action, suspense and romance with great old-time gangster scenes played out first in Chicago and then in Miami Beach. George Raft and Nehimiah Persoff are just great as gangsters.

The stars, though, are Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis but you can also enjoy performances from famous known actors like Pat O'Brien and Joe E. Brown. The action scenes are in the beginning and end. In the middle, the bulk of the film, is the main story featuring comedy and romance. Lemmon has the best lines in the film and his facial expressions alone evoke lots of laughter.

This film is so famous that there is no need going into detail, but for some younger person reading this, don't worry about this being an old-fashioned, boring black-and-white film your parents or grandparents liked but you would find boring. You'll have fun watching this, too, I guarantee it.
BitashJan 26, 2020
Omgosh...i am shocked how good this movie is. Its 2020 and this movie is NOT out dated at all. The acting and writing is so good, so natural. Jack Lemon is halarious, so many funny scenes....Tony Curtis is wonderful and he was HOT. TheOmgosh...i am shocked how good this movie is. Its 2020 and this movie is NOT out dated at all. The acting and writing is so good, so natural. Jack Lemon is halarious, so many funny scenes....Tony Curtis is wonderful and he was HOT. The dancing scene he has with Joe e Brown was cracking me up i had to keep rewinding it to see it again. I hope younger generation watches this movie. Its incredible. Gotta say i dont love Merylin Monroe, she is over acting and just not believable. But who cares Jack Lemon is Brilliant! Expand
eva3si0nMay 10, 2021
Some Like It Hot can be attributed to an immortal film. It will be relevant in the future, time does not affect it in any way. It looks on one sigh, the plot is simple and light. Acting is great. Yes, the black and white picture even goes toSome Like It Hot can be attributed to an immortal film. It will be relevant in the future, time does not affect it in any way. It looks on one sigh, the plot is simple and light. Acting is great. Yes, the black and white picture even goes to the artistic style of the film, although in 1959 almost everyone was shot on color film. Great comedy about easy love. Expand
KelvinSelimorFeb 23, 2021
Some Like It Hot. Funny men in dresses. A truly comedic classic in which everything is perfect. 20's Gangster vibes, amazing music and I Wanna Be Loved by You.
amheretojudgeMay 3, 2018
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot

The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double entandre. I.A.L. Diamond and Billy Wilder; the screen writers, adapted the raw concept smartly and projected it onto various conversations that draws out laughs; especially the "train" sequence. Billy Wilder's brilliant execution is the key that helps keeping it to the ground and practical despite of having some sketchy scenes in it. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are flat out hilarious in their parallel roles and are supported thoroughly by Marilyn Monroe. Some Like It Hot defines and preaches others on how to create such genre feature and that is by focusing onto its lead characters that should and does go in here the journey that is full of chaos and bold but still never leaves the fun out of it.
EgeBerkDec 17, 2018
I watched this film at the age of 14-15, I liked it very much and wanted to watch it again and it was as nice as I remember.
I think we laughed so much that almost everyone would be happy to watch this movie.Jack Lemmon fascinates you with his acting really he plays the role and makes us feel it was one of the best acting I've seen

My favorite and most laughing scene was the dance scene of jack lemmon and Joe E.Brown duo,is probably one of the best scenes in the history of cinema.would definitely recommend to everyone.wonderful movie a masterpiece.but of course there are some bad aspects of ridiculous scenes, but you don't wear them too much.
JGuevaraMar 1, 2020
I can see the appeal of this movie, especially for its time. It is well executed and the acting is great. Many of the comedic scenes are original and it is remains light throughout. However, it pains me to say I just did not find myself beingI can see the appeal of this movie, especially for its time. It is well executed and the acting is great. Many of the comedic scenes are original and it is remains light throughout. However, it pains me to say I just did not find myself being immersed or laughing very often, perhaps it was too light for my taste. Even comedies have a level of tension, suspense, character development, intended to pull you in, be invested at what is at stake, but I did not feel that here so much. Expand
r96skJan 7, 2021
Ridiculous plot, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Ridiculous plot, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

'Some Like It Hot' is good, unserious fun. Tony Curtis (Joe) and Jack Lemmon (Jerry) are the stars of the show, with amusing performances from start-to-finish. Marilyn Monroe is pleasant too, this is actually the first film of Monroe's I've seen. A good'un!

The pacing isn't perfect but that doesn't hamper things at all really. It's a bonkers 122 minutes, filled with entertaining shenanigans - the ending is particularly wacky. Don't think I would've liked it as well without Curtis & Lemmon, admittedly.

Worth watching, without question.
FnnJun 3, 2020
Although not all the jokes have aged well its a funny film. I also whacked it a lot waist growing up so I'm quite attached to it. its a great film that everyone should see.
SeyeerGameJul 12, 2021
очень приятный фильмец, после него остается множество положительных эмоций! очень классно смотреть с семьей
IrrelevantGeOffSep 23, 2020
A genuine joy to watch, can’t be missed! The vast majority of the humor is as hilarious today as it was then. Jack Lemmon is a treat, Tony Curtis was acting perfection, Marlyn Monroe was magical, and Joe E Brown delivered the greatest endingA genuine joy to watch, can’t be missed! The vast majority of the humor is as hilarious today as it was then. Jack Lemmon is a treat, Tony Curtis was acting perfection, Marlyn Monroe was magical, and Joe E Brown delivered the greatest ending line of all time! Expand
MAX4DNov 15, 2020
A great movie and one of the best comedies in history, a very heartwarming and great story
stacyshystovskaMar 7, 2021
“Some like it hot” (1959) is a romantic comedy. It was written and directed by Billy Wilder, who was also the producer of the movie. The actors who played their roles are Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon among others. The jazz“Some like it hot” (1959) is a romantic comedy. It was written and directed by Billy Wilder, who was also the producer of the movie. The actors who played their roles are Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon among others. The jazz saxophone player and the jazz double bass player, whose names are Joe and Jerry, trying to escape from some gangsters. They dress as women and with an all-female band go to Florida by train. “Some like it hot” won three Golden Globe Awards: Best Actor in a Motion Picture for Jack Lemmon, Best Actress in a Motion Picture for Marilyn Monroe and Best Motion Picture. This movie is extremely enjoyable. It gives many positive vibes.

Written by Anastasiia Shystovska
AJ_13Aug 31, 2021
Great comedy. Monroe is great and gorgeus, Curtis is incredible portraying 3 different personalities and Lemmon's performance can't be any funnier.