Netflix | Release Date (Streaming): May 27, 2016
4.6
Mixed or average reviews based on 107 Ratings
Watch Now
TheDorkElfJul 19, 2016
The Do-Over is yet another movie where Adam Sandler and company just don't care about their movies anymore. Now that he is on Netflix it seems that coasting and being lazy is what we are going to get instead of films like Happy Gilmore, BillyThe Do-Over is yet another movie where Adam Sandler and company just don't care about their movies anymore. Now that he is on Netflix it seems that coasting and being lazy is what we are going to get instead of films like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, 50 First Dates or Don't Mess with the Zohan. I really hated this film because on both Sandler and Spade's face is the look they could care less how the movie turns out or is even funny and shines through. Most if not all the jokes are low brow, homophobic, or are at David Spade's character's expense. Adam Sandler gives a performance as dedicated as his one in Pixels and Ridiculous 6 showing no joy on his face. The product placement in the film was obvious but at least not as bad as Jack and Jill. The only thing that saves this movie from getting a 1/10 is that it isn't Jack and Jill as well as it had one or two funny lines. Bad form Sandler and please actually try Expand
JoeWilliamsMay 30, 2016
Adam Sandler's movies are bad nowadays and that's the reason why my expectations to this new outing from our favorite comedy actor Adam Sandler,was so low but because my expectations are low,this crap was not that bad,it has it's moment andAdam Sandler's movies are bad nowadays and that's the reason why my expectations to this new outing from our favorite comedy actor Adam Sandler,was so low but because my expectations are low,this crap was not that bad,it has it's moment and the story is okay but uninteresting,all the characters are fun to watch because it's so corny.I won't recommend you this but if you have a time to watch a fun bad movie this will try watching this. Expand
Elliott945May 29, 2016
Alright, I made an account because I felt this movie is unfairly rated. I'm no sandler fan, nor have I watched any of his movies in like 5 years. but I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Sure, at times the writing wasn't there, but I gotAlright, I made an account because I felt this movie is unfairly rated. I'm no sandler fan, nor have I watched any of his movies in like 5 years. but I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Sure, at times the writing wasn't there, but I got a lot of laughs, and had some enjoyable moments. I think you can give this a watch and really enjoy it, Expand
magszinovichMay 31, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Adam Sandler really toned down his usual annoying arrogance for this movie, and it worked! Apart from some very confusing plot developments, David Spade and Adam Sandler really work well together. My favourite scene was were the flare gun was shot at the women laughing at David Spade's small weener... yeah, just watch it. All in all, much better than Sandler's previous 5 or 6 movies to be honest. The movie did drag on a bit, as it seems all of the best material was reserved for the first 30 minutes. This movie is perfect for Netflix. Expand
ToFewViewsJun 1, 2016
The Do-Over is another Netflix original with Adam Sander, It has remnants of classic Happy Madison Productions movies but still slightly falls into the weird group of movies Sander has made lately. But like I said some parts are executedThe Do-Over is another Netflix original with Adam Sander, It has remnants of classic Happy Madison Productions movies but still slightly falls into the weird group of movies Sander has made lately. But like I said some parts are executed extremely well/funny and others make you question what type movie you are watching. This is the main problem with this movie, It starts out being a Sander comedy and turns into a deep story that feels really odd paired with the nonsense going on. As a fan of old school Sander films I found some enjoyment and laughter in this movie but still isn't what most fans want. Expand
BryanVetJun 5, 2016
It goes without saying that Adam Sandler is guilty of putting out some low quality movies in the recent years, but this is not one of them. It is becoming painfully obvious that hating Adam Sandler is a trend that needs to stop. I feel thatIt goes without saying that Adam Sandler is guilty of putting out some low quality movies in the recent years, but this is not one of them. It is becoming painfully obvious that hating Adam Sandler is a trend that needs to stop. I feel that the majority of these negative reviewers went into watching the movie wanting it to be terrible and it just wasn't. This movie does not deserve the low rating people are giving it, and it's detracting people from seeing a good movie. Reviewers also need to stop cutting comedies into a million pieces like they're meant to be some elaborate piece of art. It's a comedy!!

Onto the movie:

A friend and I decided to watch a movie out of boredom and chose The Do-Over on Netflix, mainly because it was the first option and not because we're Adam Sandler fans. Within a few minutes of the movie starting, we were glad to have put it on. The movie was refreshing and outside of Adam Sandler's norm. We found it well written, the story line was interesting, and it made us laugh many times.

For the movie type it was, it did what it was supposed to and we found it very entertaining. It is difficult for me to sit through an entire movie, but not with this one. In fact, I showed it to my fiance later that day (who loved the movie as well) and sat through it again no problem. The first thing my friend did after the movie ended was call his wife and told her to watch it, and she also thought it was great.

This Adam Sandler hate needs to stop fueling bad reviews. This is a good movie and if you don't think so, you shouldn't be reviewing movies. Every person I know who has watched it thinks it's great and immediately recommends their friends/family to watch it.
TheQuietGamerMay 27, 2016
One of those rare R-rated Sandler outings. There are some typical Sandler gags here that will still elicit laughs from his fans. Despite the added F-bombs and raunchiness, this isn't anything too far out of the Happy Madison wheelhouse. GoodOne of those rare R-rated Sandler outings. There are some typical Sandler gags here that will still elicit laughs from his fans. Despite the added F-bombs and raunchiness, this isn't anything too far out of the Happy Madison wheelhouse. Good news for fans, bad news for just about everyone else.

It's no secret that Sandler movies have definitely begun to resonate just as well with audiences as they always have with critics. This one isn't going to change any of that. What works with it is that it isn't quite as lazy as some of Happy Madison's latest efforts. For starters Sandler actually seems to be having some fun here. It's clear that in some of his more recent efforts he is unmotivated and just there for the money. Here we get some life from him which is good.

The problems with the movie lie in two areas. Three if you aren't the type who enjoys the sense of humor Sandler movies contain. The first is that it occasionally goes overboard with the freedom R-rated movies allow for. It never quite reaches the level of nastiness That's My Boy achieved, but there are still moments completely out of good taste. So much so that it gets in the way of the humor.

The other issue is that there's quite a bit of misogyny on display. The movie either treats women like objects. When they aren't meant to be screwed by the characters, they're meant to stab them in the back. Its shallow and another big flaw with the Sandler style.

So is the movie garbage? Technically. But it's the type of garbage that can still brings laughs. It's a Sandler movie. Not his brightest moment, but it will still please fans. Some extra added effort some Sandler, David Spade sharing the spotlight, and a so-so attempt at a more action-comedy plot do help it stand out from the rest of Sandler's offerings. It's not high art, but it's still pretty funny.
AngusJun 5, 2016
Best movie from Adam Sandler in a while. Good buddy comedy and decent action flick. Check it out if you have a Netflix sub, you are already paying for it anyway. The finale is excellent and without giving up too much there is an awesomeBest movie from Adam Sandler in a while. Good buddy comedy and decent action flick. Check it out if you have a Netflix sub, you are already paying for it anyway. The finale is excellent and without giving up too much there is an awesome fight between a wife and a widower. Expand
Saman_TepesJul 16, 2016
Not too shabby.It's worth watching once or twice but after that you'll probably forget about it. As an Adam Sandler movie it's definitely one of his better ones since Happy Gilmore. Watch it if your a fan of Sandler and Spades past films.
DanteCarterDC32Jun 13, 2016
Great movie! Good story and hilarious all the way to the end! In the couple of weeks it has been out, I have already seen it 10 times. Once by myself and each other time with friends or family. Everyone who I have seen this movie with,Great movie! Good story and hilarious all the way to the end! In the couple of weeks it has been out, I have already seen it 10 times. Once by myself and each other time with friends or family. Everyone who I have seen this movie with, enjoyed it all the way through! Expand
TheDude-May 28, 2016
it doesn't matter how much detail I go into as to why I enjoyed this film the meta users will click not helpful because they disagree with me. P.S learn to respect different opinions.
tropicAcesMay 28, 2016
I normally hate Sandler, and his first Netflix outing RIDICULOUS 6 may have been a career-worst, but I didn't totally loathe watching this. Sure it's dumb, pointless and lazy, but I got a few solid chuckles out of it. Should you check it out?I normally hate Sandler, and his first Netflix outing RIDICULOUS 6 may have been a career-worst, but I didn't totally loathe watching this. Sure it's dumb, pointless and lazy, but I got a few solid chuckles out of it. Should you check it out? I mean, probably not, but if you get a friend and some alcohol like I did, it's an enjoyable enough watch. Expand
A7sus4May 31, 2016
Adam Sandler and David Spade; of course I'm gonna check it out despite Sandler's latter day record for not-so-good movies. Having said that, this one was pretty damn funny.
moviemitch96May 31, 2016
Well here we go again with yet another Sandler/Netflix farce! This one's as cringe-worthy as those familiar with Sandler would likely expect! Him and Spade have a decent on-screen chemistry and they get to bro it out together again in this,Well here we go again with yet another Sandler/Netflix farce! This one's as cringe-worthy as those familiar with Sandler would likely expect! Him and Spade have a decent on-screen chemistry and they get to bro it out together again in this, but other than that, this was what I would consider to be a complete waste of their time! Then again, do really have anything else better to do at this point? (other than Grown Ups 3 God forbid!) Overall, it's simply another painful reminder of what to expect from every new Sandler film! I will admit that it was slightly entertaining and didn't quite reach the level of idiocy that Sandler's previous Netflix film The Ridiculous 6 did, which is why I'm giving this a generous 3! Expand
liriktwitchMay 29, 2016
I really wanted to give this movie a chance, but it is even worse than I expected. The story is uninteresting, just like the lead characters and the portrayal of women in this movie is shocking.
KunstiMay 28, 2016
DeathnoteadosMay 29, 2016
this is the best adam sandler movie since a lot time. We must promote this type of movie and not the garbage movies like Pixels. I know this movie doesn`t deserve a 10 but less than 5!!! No way!!
MEFzelderMay 27, 2016
Esta película es el éxtasis para quien disfruta de los giros argumentales, aunque “The Do-Over” tiene tantos que en ningún momento te puedes involucrar en la trama de la película, haciendo que no se pueda disfrutar.
La protagonizan Charlie
La protagonizan Charlie (David Spade), un gerente de banco estancado en la rutina, que se reencuentra con su amigo de la juventud, Max (Adam Sandler), quien aparece en la reunión de su promoción estudiantil y le hace ver cuán miserable es su presente.
Cuando la esposa de Charlie lo deja el fin de semana solo para escaparse en un fin de semana de placer con una amiga decide aceptar la invitación de salir Max, y su vida cobra un giro dramático cuando el bote donde estaban divirtiéndose explota con ellos dentro, siendo dados por muertos por sus conocidos.
De ahí todo va en espiral, no puedes perderte ningún dato o subestimar a los personajes secundarios que se van introduciendo porque no se puede saber quién cumplirá un rol importante (Dato que no es dado y si no es tomado en cuenta te puede obligar a retroceder la reproducción). La actuación es mala, Sandler le da algo de intensidad, pero Spade parece perdido, sobre todo cuando debe expresar emociones serias.
En cuanto al humor, es aceptable, aunque llega a cuentagotas para la duración de la película, las bromas son un tanto vulgar y puede molestar a quien sea susceptible al gore, pero si no tienes problema con ese material puede darte un par de risas.
“The Do-Over” es mejor que “The Ridiculous Six” pero aun así el nivel sigue siendo bajo para lo que uno espera de una producción con el sello de exclusividad de Netflix.
JohnKristoferMay 30, 2016
it's an Adam Sandler movie,what can you expect from him? yes,you expect annoying characters ,unfunny jokes,racist,offensive stuff,horrible story and adam sandler. The movies of adam sandler are getting worse and worse.
PhintiasJun 4, 2016
Yes I watched most of this, and yes I am sorry to have done so. I read the reviews, the honest ones and I still watched. I just... I don't know. I'm not smart sometimes. Anyway, this was actually a good story. I mean that. But most peopleYes I watched most of this, and yes I am sorry to have done so. I read the reviews, the honest ones and I still watched. I just... I don't know. I'm not smart sometimes. Anyway, this was actually a good story. I mean that. But most people will never know this because this movie is bad. I mean, no story will ever make up for the infinite spiral of stupid that permeates every character, every scene, every line. I think the actors had fun making this movie; I really do. I don't think many people will have fun watching it, however.

To me, this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But I get that others will like and enjoy it. But I don't get anyone putting this movie down as a classic, or even 7 stars. You can't be able to breathe on your own, and think this is above average.

After checking the reviews everywhere else on the web, and then on Netflix, I think either the average IQ NF viewer is lacking, or there is something nefarious afoot. I can see some few people who have a vested interest in wanting to see this succeed having a biased view going in, and therefore are willing to over-look how utterly bad this movie is. But the ratio on NF is alarming. I'm glad everywhere else on the web is willing to be more honest with this movie.
BrianMcCriticJun 5, 2016
While I'm giving this film the same score as Pixels it was slightly better. Unfortunately it is still awful because of its unfunny nature and its pointless gross out moments. Another F for Sandler. F
LeZeeMar 16, 2017
Reborn to face even bigger troubles.

Reborn to face even bigger troubles.

It's true that Sandler had lost his Midas touch, but last few films suggest he's back. Still, he's not the same old what he used to be. The time has changed, so he has to adapt to it and I think he's doing okay. Only haters/film critics keep hating him. This is a Netflix production and Sandler in a mysterious role. He teams up with his old school friend and they fake their deaths to begin a new life. But the identities they have borrowed ones are even in the bigger troubles which begins to haunt them as well. So coming out of it is the remaining film to tell.

The storyline seems just okay. Since it is not fresh enough, they did not even overuse the concept to build plot with clichés. Kind of guessable twists, but it will work for most of the people. Better stunt sequences for such a comedy flick. Good performances and it was a smooth sail according to the film's pace. The director and Sandler had given a few good comedies back then, and this fresh collaboration was decent. So don't believe the film critics (Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic), elsewhere it is rated much better, but still somewhat underrated. If you are seeking a decent action-comedy, this is worth a try.

RalfbergsAug 23, 2016
I don't know why all this hate again for Adam Sandler movie - yes, he gets some one dimensional characters sometimes and all that, but here the movie itself is actually pretty funny and Sandler fits right in, plus Spade's comedy is fun andI don't know why all this hate again for Adam Sandler movie - yes, he gets some one dimensional characters sometimes and all that, but here the movie itself is actually pretty funny and Sandler fits right in, plus Spade's comedy is fun and interesting and the movie's plot is quite interesting too. I mean you are watching comedy not some high level thriller or drama. I think people slack this movie just because they see Sandler and some people even think all Sandler movies are bad because they have seen some like that, similar to Nicholas Cage nowadays. Yes, Sandler has had many bad or average movies lately, but this is quite good Expand
jlsabellaSep 13, 2016
Primera reseña EN ESPAÑOL... si bien NO es digna del OSCAR a Mejor Película.. es una de las mejores de ADAM SANDLER hace tiempo.. Buen reparto ..no es de humor SOEZ..se deja llevar y hace reir en ocaciones..es buena para pasar un rato en elPrimera reseña EN ESPAÑOL... si bien NO es digna del OSCAR a Mejor Película.. es una de las mejores de ADAM SANDLER hace tiempo.. Buen reparto ..no es de humor SOEZ..se deja llevar y hace reir en ocaciones..es buena para pasar un rato en el sofá.. Buen Reparto de actores y trama animada.. Me gustó... Expand
KaptenVideoSep 2, 2017
Two down-on-their-luck guys (Adam Sandler, David Spade) fake their own deaths and start over with new identities, only to find the people they're pretending to be are in even deeper trouble.
Also playing, Paula Patton, Kathryn Hahn, Nick
Also playing, Paula Patton, Kathryn Hahn, Nick Swardson, Luis Guzmán, Michael Chiklis, Torsten Voges, Stan Ellsworth and the others.
A curiously unusual comedy for Sandler, but not in a bad way like „Sandy Wexler“. It has its fair share of dirty jokes but relies even more on unexpected turns, absurdist and black humor, and… action. Oh yeah, if there ever was Sandler action movie, this is it.
Watching the man in this new mode is kind of exciting. He’s not a born action star but he’s not actually that bad either. At least it makes his character more intriguing than usual. He feels unpredictable – you can’t figure out whether he is more of a bad or good guy here.
Spade is a great sidekick as always, which is probably why most of his roles happen in Sandler’s movies these days. But he feels so bland by himself that it’s difficult to imagine him starring anywhere again.
Some of Sandler’s regulars are here – Swardson, Guzmán, Spade – but the more colorful smaller appearances belong to Stan Ellsworth as Dakota and Torsten Voges as the Gymnast.
The screenplay is weak as usual, more like a loosely tied bunch of sketches, but this is one of those times where it more or less works for the result’s favor.
It helps to give „The Do-Over“ this rare tone where you can’t predict where the story’s heading more of the time. It’s rare for Sandler’s comedy at least. If there were only less twists in the final third, they get a bit exhausing…
All in all, I enjoyed it more than many recent Sandler comedies, at least ones from this decade. Looking bad, now it’s kind of surprising that he has never tried to do action before. The result isn surprisingly watchable. Not that I would like to see him do this kind of stuff all the time.
„To-Do List“ is the second out of Sandler’s four-movie deal with Netflix, 2015’s „The Ridiculous 6“ being the first and this year's „Sandy Wexler“ being the third. Let's wait for 2018's "The Week Of" now...
flylexMay 17, 2017
Ha adam sandler, another movie with a weak plot meaningless jokes weak and with very scrotal themes like pee, coconut, sex and more things that make up the good umor of adam slander to get to watch this movie you have to literally turn on theHa adam sandler, another movie with a weak plot meaningless jokes weak and with very scrotal themes like pee, coconut, sex and more things that make up the good umor of adam slander to get to watch this movie you have to literally turn on the **** key Yourself Expand
FonkeMar 11, 2018
This movie had it's funny moments, but it's not really worth anybodys time. Not the best Adam Sandler movie, but by far not the worst one.
Panda81Jan 6, 2018
I thought the film was funny and I liked it. Adam Sandler brings together his friends again to make us laugh.
RenzyNov 6, 2019
Not really sure where all the hate comes from for this movie?
Not really sure where all the hate comes from for this movie?
Absolutely slammed by critics but if anything its Classic Adam Sandler back at his best doing the kind of films that he was famous for rather than some of the cheap laughs Happy Madison has been serving up in recent years. David Spade is great as the straight man in this comedy duo,playing the unwitting accomplice to Sandlers winging it criminal
Great support cast and a who's who of cameos make this a very watchable fun film that will have you in stitches if you are a Sandler/Spade fan I loved it and thoroughly enjoyed this little piece of escapist
DeMantisApr 14, 2020
This comedy is great to watch and unwind. It's funny and has heart, which can't be said about a lot of serious movies nowadays.
Don't know what's up with the bad reviews on Adam Sandler comedies, I also enjoyed 'The Week Of'. Some people just don't know how to have a laugh I guess.
Watch it, you will laugh.