Amazon Studios | Release Date: April 14, 2017
Generally favorable reviews based on 246 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
GreatMartinApr 21, 2017
Twenty minutes into “The Lost City of Z” I was thinking of sneaking out and going into the auditorium next door to see “Colossal” but 30 minutes later you couldn’t pay me to give up my seat! Yes it is slow starting but eventually exactly whatTwenty minutes into “The Lost City of Z” I was thinking of sneaking out and going into the auditorium next door to see “Colossal” but 30 minutes later you couldn’t pay me to give up my seat! Yes it is slow starting but eventually exactly what is happening and what can happen comes over you and peaks when the father and grown son look at each other and say “I love you,” which needed to be said.

Basically the story written and directed by James Gray based on the book by David Grann telling the true story of Percy Harrison Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam) a British Major, a career soldier, who believes there is a lost city in the border areas of Bolivia and Brazil, in the Amazon. He leaves his devoted wife (Sienna Miller) and children, one being born while he is in the jungle, without what seem as a second thought and with each trip becomes more addicted to his search.

The movie shot in Ireland and Columbia with the former mainly done in English homes and clubs in dark tones while the latter in the jungles brings glorious colors and sights on screen. The times of the early 1900s to the 1920s are brought to real life in production values.

Charlie Hunnam, taking over a role originally slated for Benedict Cumberbatch and executive producer Brad Pitt, brings Fawcett to life and leaves a strong impression as the Major, as a soldier, a husband and as a father. Sienna Miller, as the wife, presents a strong woman who seems to want more but accepts her family as her first concern. Their eldest son is played by 3 actors with Tom Holland at the age of 20 who goes off with his father on the last trip and makes a strong impression.

Robert Pattinson, almost unrecognizable, is a loyal army comrade giving a solid performance while Angus Macfadyen as a wealthy, obese member of the second trek into the search for the village who almost blows that and future trips.

“The Lost City of Z” covers many subjects while taking its time setting up the main premise which will call for patience on the part of the audience member but the payoff is worth it. Be sure to stay for the end credits to find out what happened or didn’t happen.

The movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes and could have easily been cut 15 minutes while note should be made of the score by Christopher Spelman which is re-mindful of composers scoring epics in the past.
JalumbiJul 20, 2017
A marvellous epic that unexpectedly goes more for an emotional, resonant introspective view of human's psychology than an adventure flick. Its characters are complexely textured and three-dementionalized, and their feelings and desires showA marvellous epic that unexpectedly goes more for an emotional, resonant introspective view of human's psychology than an adventure flick. Its characters are complexely textured and three-dementionalized, and their feelings and desires show us the brightest ambitions and worst dispairs of human race in general. It resonates universally through its characters.
The locations are beautiful, as well as the depiction of historical accounts and look and the performances are impeccable.
DirigiblePulpJul 4, 2017
It's an old school adventure yarn, and I guess what that means is that it explores remote locations here on Earth before they were ever explored before. Because now they've been explored, so the only way to make a modern day equivalent wouldIt's an old school adventure yarn, and I guess what that means is that it explores remote locations here on Earth before they were ever explored before. Because now they've been explored, so the only way to make a modern day equivalent would be to somehow discover a new place on Earth or something...

Anyway, in that sense this is a glorious, gorgeous, deeply transfixing journey that's sometimes best appreciated from a distance. It never quite finds a way to make Percy's madness and desires ours -- we enjoy the journey and appreciate it but we aren't quite transformed by it. But that's best reserved for the bona fide masterpieces and regardless this is still a great work.
netflicMay 22, 2017
It is a docu-drama about Percy Fawcett, a British explorer of South America, an officer of British Armed Forces. He devoted his life to the quest of a lost civilization in Amazonia in the first quarter of the 20th century.

The movie is quite

The movie is quite long, more than two hours, and is rather slow to start, later on becomes much more engaging.

Other than being a bit too slow at times, I admired it's directing, cinematography and performances.

The movie definitely deserves watching.
Luisjoao33Oct 3, 2017
Es una película iniciatica, muestra el despertar espiritual del personaje, siempre recto, motivado por su pasión, con gran sabiduria y sin prejuicios para la época, una pelicula que sin duda me sigue dando mensajes aún después de verla. LaEs una película iniciatica, muestra el despertar espiritual del personaje, siempre recto, motivado por su pasión, con gran sabiduria y sin prejuicios para la época, una pelicula que sin duda me sigue dando mensajes aún después de verla. La recomiendo mucho! Expand
judahjsnApr 23, 2017
Some beautiful and hypnotic touches in this but the script and performances from Miller and Hunnam felt fake deep. Pattison was surprisingly great, I could barely recognize him he was so transformed. The score was wonderful. I'd recommend it.Some beautiful and hypnotic touches in this but the script and performances from Miller and Hunnam felt fake deep. Pattison was surprisingly great, I could barely recognize him he was so transformed. The score was wonderful. I'd recommend it. Not a masterpiece but it finishes strong. Expand
LeZeeSep 26, 2017
He wasn't the first, but came close to let the world know his founds.

He wasn't the first, but came close to let the world know his founds.

I don't know what were the people expecting from it, another 'Indian Jones'? Booby traps, man eating ants, ancient alien ship et cetera? Well, I agree it was slow and boring in parts, but most importantly, it was only revealed the true story. Not all the biopics are delightful entertainer. Originally this tale took place for three decades, but what you saw on the screen was merely a highlight. All about the adventures. The personal life was less focused. Especially the final act was honest. Because it is a mystery. So people should appreciate for the effort from the filmmakers.

I really enjoyed it. A film like this hard to come by. I mean when a film based on a real person was made a film, people expect the only heroic act, instead of truth. That kind of mindset need to be changed in order to enjoy it. Or else pick the those similar commercial films instead of it. Charlie Hunnam was impressive, probably his film best I've seen so far. He always reminds me Tom Hardy for having a similar facial. There were others in the film, but only he had piloted it.

It's weird that it should have been a British film, but Hollywood made it. Above all, the funny thing was they correctly pronounced the Z as Zed. Anyway, that's how the real story was. The jungle scenes were awesome. In many parts it was very suspense like when they had contact with the Amazonia tribes. I was very curious about what would happen. Because all I remember was 'The Green Inferno'. Those who are interested in the history and archaeological expedition, this film would be the right choice, but anticipate reality, not something out of the world.

GinaKApr 24, 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable, if conventional, film. The acting was excellent, especially Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson (the critics were right – he was almost unrecognizable). Because of the engrossing acting, I wasn’t bored for even aA thoroughly enjoyable, if conventional, film. The acting was excellent, especially Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson (the critics were right – he was almost unrecognizable). Because of the engrossing acting, I wasn’t bored for even a second. Not quite as interesting as Werner Herzog’s Aguirre the Wrath of God, but well worth seeing. Expand
eagleeyevikingJul 3, 2017
‘The Lost City of Z’ depicts British explorer Percy Fawcett’s boundless expedition for glory convincingly; with traditional palettes, composed acting of complex characters, and a refreshingly stately pace.
AcaciaMay 21, 2017
The story this movie is telling is an exciting one. However, the movie doesn't really make it exciting. This is an Indiana Jones kind of story! The movie tells it in a very matter of fact, mechanical way. There is some excitement in theThe story this movie is telling is an exciting one. However, the movie doesn't really make it exciting. This is an Indiana Jones kind of story! The movie tells it in a very matter of fact, mechanical way. There is some excitement in the quiet, but there nad to have been so much more to this real life tale of exploration in an area few white men had ever been. I missed that in this movie. It is very long and repetitive and the war episode could have been left out or shortened greatly. Loved Charlie Hunnam! He was perfect as Percy Fawcett. Sienna Miller is lovely as his tolerant wife. And I didn't even recognize Robert Pattinson as his companion in exploration! It is a great story that should be told amd shared. But, I wish a different director had gotten hold of it and made it the exciting story it should have been! Expand
badgerryan19Jun 27, 2017
A movie that I had to wait for months to see since our theater didn't show it and does it deliver. This movie was extremely engaging and exciting from start to beginning. The acting from Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson was mesmerizing.A movie that I had to wait for months to see since our theater didn't show it and does it deliver. This movie was extremely engaging and exciting from start to beginning. The acting from Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson was mesmerizing. The movie also looks fantastic and it reminds me of classic films like Indiana Jones. I can understand why people are split on this, but I have to say this is a Best Picture nominee from me already. Expand
eva3si0nMar 11, 2018
I after the movie had mixed feelings. On the one hand I expected чтьо it seems Indiana Jones. With another I have received the most realistic travel, with all that it implies from here difficulties. The history is so simple that even youI after the movie had mixed feelings. On the one hand I expected чтьо it seems Indiana Jones. With another I have received the most realistic travel, with all that it implies from here difficulties. The history is so simple that even you trust in it. But nevertheless in the adventure movie there have to be moments in which there is an action and worry about characters. This action isn't in The Lost City of Z. Expand
SpangleApr 25, 2017
A journey to find a lost city is always about more than finding the city itself. Conquistadors set out to “discover” the Americas and explore the new world for three reasons, “God, gold, and glory”. Facing horrific conditions in the jungleA journey to find a lost city is always about more than finding the city itself. Conquistadors set out to “discover” the Americas and explore the new world for three reasons, “God, gold, and glory”. Facing horrific conditions in the jungle and squaring off with the naturally confused and hesitant natives of the land, the men - for all of their faults - embarked on a journey that changed the course of human history. Yet, being willing to embark on such a journey naturally calls for a man that is willing to get away. One that is willing to leave his homeland and take on such an arduous with the odds being against him ever returning home again. Either disease or conflicts with the natives would prove to be the end for him and others in his party and, as such, is always a journey to find more than a city or explore a civilization. It is a calling for people that are missing something and want to find something in those jungles that is more than a city of gold. What they hope to find is unknown to even them and is one that will undoubtedly forever change their life.

Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam) was one such man. Initially sent to Bolivia on behalf of the Royal Geographical Society and British Army in order to end a border dispute between Bolivia and Brazil over where the border actually is between the two, Fawcett quickly becomes obsessed with the Amazonian jungle. In his initial mission to find the source of a river known to the British that holds the key to where the border lies, he stumbles across pottery and a carving in a tree. Around him is nothing but jungle, except for these small trinkets. Upon returning to Britain, he immediately calls for his return to find a lost city he is calling “Zed”. Despite the fact that his wife Nina (Sienna Miller) is pregnant with their second child and his son Jack (soon to be Tom Holland) does not remember him, Percy believes he must go back to the jungle. With the backing of a few investors, he does set out to find this lost city, returning with Corporal Henry Costin (Robert Pattinson), Corporal Arthur Manley), and explorer James Murray (Angus Macfayden). Upon there, illness and a loss of rations prevent them from completing the journey. Finally, years later after spending time in France for World War I, he returns with son Jack to complete his journey for this lost city.

However, in spite of its apparent set-up as a film about a man embarking on a life’s journey to find a city and throwing away his family in the process, The Lost City of Z is mostly a character study. Percy Fawcett is a man who has made Major in the British Army at the beginning of the film, but without a medal. He has received some distinctions in the past, but is the only man to have the rank of Major without a medal. Compounded by the fact that his father was a drunk with an infamous reputation that ruined the Fawcett name, Percy first accepts the surveying mission to Bolivia in an effort to restore his name. Calls from Britain for him to return immediately due to adverse conditions on his first trip are met with stubbornness from Percy, who insists on completing the mission given to them nonetheless. Though he loves his wife Nina and loves his children, he is on a search to find himself in this Amazonian jungle. He feels destiny calling him with even a psychic he visits in the trenches of World War I telling him that his soul will never rest until he finds what he is looking for in the jungle. To Percy, this means the lost city. If he just finds the city, he will be okay and will stop hearing the voice in his head to run. However, what he is running to is an illusion. There has been a possible city found there in this century, but it is not what was calling Fawcett. His call what one of self-identity. Who is he? He has no rank. His father was a drunk. All he has is this city and it is the only accomplishment he could ever dream of having that will define his destiny and leave a mark on the world. If he could find this city, he would be remembered and revered for his bravery. If he fails, he is seen as a crazy person who fell for the old “El Dorado” mirage that explorers and conquistadors had fallen prey to throughout time.
jrossreviewsOct 12, 2017
JordanRossReviews: The Lost City of Z – 7/10
Rating: PG-13 | Family Friendly: No. 13+ | How to Watch: Streaming
JordanRossReviews: The Lost City of Z – 7/10
Rating: PG-13 | Family Friendly: No. 13+ | How to Watch: Streaming

“A beautiful film of the life of a brave explorer, with a few debatable changes.” Percy Fawcett’s story was one I had no prior knowledge of, yet I found inspiring and adventurous as it was told through The Lost City of Z. I can’t remember a film I’ve seen that began with the story of a cartographer, which I thought was an interesting call-to-adventure deep in the Amazonia. A story like this one stirs my explorer’s spirit, but then quickly douses the boy-like fantasy as it reminds how dangerous these explorations could be. Charlie Hunnam cast as the British explorer was a decision that was questionable to me, although I found out that Benedict Cumberbatch was originally supposed to play the role which would’ve have been much more fitting. I’m not sure if Hunnam is just too American, but his accent seemed a little unnatural. Although at times I thought he really sold the character, there were others when I felt he just wasn’t the best choice for this role. I think he could handle the spirit of the character, but it was more of an issue with his look. Not the worst casting, just not the best. That being said, the casting of the supporting roles were great, and it may have just been me who took a moment to recognize Robert Pattinson as Henry Costin under that thick beard.
My favorite aspect of this film was the cinematography from Darius Khondji. Director James Gray made a decision to shoot with 35mm film which I enjoyed immensely. From Cork, Ireland and London, England to the wilds of the Amazonia the scenes were beautiful. Every shot was rich in color and had wonderful contrast. Gray had a vision that he executed with richness and beauty with Khondji. Although the decision to shoot with the 35mm cost the production an additional seven-hundred and fifty thousand dollars and logistical issues I think it was more than worth it in the end. The largest issue I had with the film was the script. At times and certain scenes I thought the characters motivation and direction was clear, but other times I wasn’t so sure. For example the obsessiveness of Fawcett in finding his lost city seemed under-explained. I wasn’t sure of why he even called it the city of Z until I did my own research. For a man willing to leave his family and life behind he had to have more reason to go back to the dangerous amazon. Historically I found that the story of Fawcett was changed a lot, and Gray focused more on the characters then the actual adventure which gave me even more reason to want a more historically accurate tale. The scope of the film was huge from the beginning and I think it was inspiring. In the end The Lost City of Z was a beautiful tale of exploration and sacrifice, yet could’ve held truer to the actual events. Even though I didn’t agree with the casting of Charlie Hunnam it was a decent pick when Benedict Cumberbatch had to back out, although I still wish it was a British actor to take the role. The soundtrack was fitting with the amazing photography and the tale of such bravery into the wilds of the jungle rekindled my own sense of adventure. A challenging film to make and one that I’m glad I spent the time to watch. FILM INFO:
Genre: Adventure, Biography, Drama, History
Directed By: James Gray
Written By: James Gray (Screenplay), David Grann (Book)
Release: April 21, 2017
Runtime: 2h 21min
Studio: Amazon Studios
TchaikovskyFeb 4, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film its not a masterpiece, but its enternainming adventure and not bad film. Th story is interesting but its a little bit long and slow film. My remarks could be a better film with more naarrative tension. Expand
ZoRzOct 31, 2019
A modern masterclass that blends history, fiction and the quest for personal achievement into a delicately crafted 2 and a half hour journey through time.
bfoore90Dec 9, 2019
It's no masterpiece, plenty of good performances around amazing shots and excellent cinematography. Main issue is the pacing
alejandro970Nov 24, 2019
Real fact adventure flick that served as inspiration for characters Alan Quatermain and Indiana Jones. The tireless efforts of Percival Fawcett, explorer and geographer, for finding, perchance, the uncharted last colony of Atlantis. A goodReal fact adventure flick that served as inspiration for characters Alan Quatermain and Indiana Jones. The tireless efforts of Percival Fawcett, explorer and geographer, for finding, perchance, the uncharted last colony of Atlantis. A good choice for a weekend evening. Expand
ethanstapleyDec 16, 2017
This is a very slow starter and a bit overlong but a good spectacle once it gets into it with luscious cinematography and an impressive cast, albeit a tad forgettable.
amheretojudgeSep 7, 2019
The performance is exceptionally and deliberately messy in contrast to the coherent world; what a great match!

The Lost City Of Z Gray is a beautiful filmmaker. You know that idea of sipping your warm coffee on a rainy Saturday evening and

The Lost City Of Z

Gray is a beautiful filmmaker. You know that idea of sipping your warm coffee on a rainy Saturday evening and reading a book, that is romanticized in every frame of the film. And if you thought Quentin Tarantino novelizes his films, you have a whole different animal to confront in this incredible journey. Just like a book, this film has a prologue, an epilogue, a first act, a second and a third act. And what keeps a book vocal and engaging are, of course, the dialogues and these narrative decisions of letting these characters take control of the room is what keeps us invested.

And this is where the screenwriter and director James Gray scores majestically that delights him and us with little nuanced wins. And in a journey as long as such and character complex as them, you fall in love everytime you are gifted with it. And who'd have thought that what usually is the obligatory part of the storytelling will be crafted as the peak of that act. Which brings me to the next event, something that is already in front of your eyes, but you never capture it.

The genre that Gray claims so adorably- yes, adorably- is incomprehensible if even thought of. These are the films that should be commercially successful, you feel that grandeur-ness that is touched by art in every imagery, you'd want such projects to helm charges and not a bunch of Halloween costumes wearers. Not to say that they are not worthy, it is just that you shouldn't be leaving the screen reminiscing that this won't ever make it to the top. The Lost City Of Z is hopefully justified by me in these words, as I too tried to write it like a book, not some rendezvous point in a circle but an end of a line.
zNeverSleepingMay 28, 2020
Um belo filme que nos ensina vários aprendizados.

Um belo filme que nos ensina vários aprendizados.

A montagem aqui é arriscada. Há passagens de tempo enormes sem muito contextualização, mas aqui funciona bem. Nos sentimos um pouco perdidos, mas nada que estrague a experiencia. Inspirado numa historia real, o filme não peca em aplicar devida profundidade aos seus personagens, que são muito vividos graça aos seus respectivos atores. Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller, Charlie Hunnam e Tom Holland estão muito bem aqui, e claramente são os destaques.

Todo mistério envolvido nos prende o filme todo. Inspirado numa historia real, a impressibilidade reina e a historia toma rumos que nem se quer imaginaríamos - não no quesito de surpresa, mas de rumo mesmo. Assim como o final, que é entregue completamente ao mistério. Todos os temas abordados no filme, como o preconceito da comunidade cientifica, a xenofobia com o podo indígena, toda a ambição de um homem que almeja reconhecimento, a falta que uma figura paterna faz numa família e sua consequência as crianças que pouco entendem do mundo, e até mesmo a emancipação da mulher, que mesmo sendo um tema bem enxergado pelo marido, ainda ficava em torno do fato dela ser sua mulher e mãe dos seus filhos.

Enfim, essa é uma aventura que nos faz questionarmos diversos elementos e nos ensina muito a partir dos erros e acertos de um homem.
Movielover1130Jul 17, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Was impressed with the acting all around. Definitely sought out more information regarding if the lost city of Z was ever really found. Expand
geewahJan 10, 2021
A sweeping biopic that covers the story of Fawcett and his obsession in the search for the lost city.
It is overly long and could of been 20 mins or so shorter.
zhuwangpApr 28, 2017
So far, I have not heard any mainstream commenting anything about this movie, only 1000 people on IMDB comment on it and it sat 10th spot in the box office. I just saw this movie and I was writing my review on Get Out now. But now, I thinkSo far, I have not heard any mainstream commenting anything about this movie, only 1000 people on IMDB comment on it and it sat 10th spot in the box office. I just saw this movie and I was writing my review on Get Out now. But now, I think this is close contender to being my favourite movie of the year so far (My first is Logan) and I hope my review will encourage you all to watch it. It is about British explorer Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam), who journeys into the Amazon at the dawn of the 20th century and discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilization that may have once inhabited the region. First of all, the cinemograph is absolutely amazing. It sold me from the very first scene. They used a lot wide angled shots and it felt like we are looking every single detail the actors are doing. There were also a lot of long takes, but it is used sparingly and doesn’t feel like draining. There are a lot of movies used long takes, while some works (Creed and Reverent), others feel like it is testing my attention drain (Birdman and Life). This is one is the former. There a lot natural lights and it represented us with best of the Amazon forest which helps to be engaged in its mystery. Speaking of which, I find the music is very haunting, creating a very creepy atmosphere. I think what makes this movie great is the amazing cast. I really loved Charlie Hunnam performance. I am surprised that critics are being so harsh about his performance saying it was uncharismatic. I disagree. Granted there were scenes when he looked bland, but the scene that sold me is when he tried convince the council to fund his expedition. You can tell how passionate he is and putting the doubter in their places, making them look stupid. His performance in that scene excited me. I wasn’t a big fan of Sienna Miller’s acting skills, but she is amazing in this film. She played a woman who has to endure the loneliness of a wife of an explorer and yet she dedicated a life for his cause. She is very sympathetic and is someone you want to root for. The best performance is from Robert Pattinson. I didn’t realize it was him in the film. I am not going to reveal much because I want you to be surprised. All I can say is his performance is good enough to earn him an Oscar. Tom Holland is also good but unfortunately he is not as much as you hoped. One last note, the emperor from Star Wars is also in this movie. Now that’s awesome. I think it is a great movie, only flaws is that the ending feel abrupt. To me it felt more like a biography for an explorer rather than exploration itself. I highly recommend this movie. Expand
daviddelnorte23May 15, 2017
Tenía muchas ganas de ver por primera vez a Charlie Hunnam en pantalla grande, y efectivamente no me ha defraudado. ¿Y la película? Pues es ahí, donde me dejas más dudas, una película que no puedo a valorarla como un blockbuster, porque, paraTenía muchas ganas de ver por primera vez a Charlie Hunnam en pantalla grande, y efectivamente no me ha defraudado. ¿Y la película? Pues es ahí, donde me dejas más dudas, una película que no puedo a valorarla como un blockbuster, porque, para mí, no lo es.

Es una película de aventuras, pero muy oscura, es más adulta y visualmente, tiene un tono a los clásicos. Tiende al cine clásico, en muchas facetas. Aunque se ve de lujo.

En cuanto a los personajes, tampoco me quiero extender mucho, es Charlie Hunnam, uno de mis actores favoritos, no hay más que contar, el resto de patrulla, el vampíro de Crepúsculo, para mí sobra totalmente, no aporta nada a la trama. Y el resto de personajes, quitando a la familia de nuestro protagonistas, son unos apáticos que no me dicen nada...

En cuanto al guión y demás, me parece una buena película, bien construida y bien montada, aunque para mí le sobra un pelín de metraje al final. Haciendose un poco larga. Los giros y la construcción de personajes están bien llevados.

Para acabar, es una buena película, pero le falta algo, le falta alma, está como vacía. Y solo si te gusta Hunnam o el cine de aventuras clásico te va a gustar si no se te va a hacer aburrida. No la puedo valorar como entretenimiento, a si que, un 7.
horizonbtsApr 29, 2017
It has been a while since I read a book, then followed up watching the movie on the big screen. I loved the book and enjoyed the true life story of Colonel Percy Fawcett. What the explorers experienced in the perils of the Amazon wereIt has been a while since I read a book, then followed up watching the movie on the big screen. I loved the book and enjoyed the true life story of Colonel Percy Fawcett. What the explorers experienced in the perils of the Amazon were horrific. The book was very graphic with the descriptions of their encounters especially in the insect form. The movie as with most going to the big screen from book can't and wasn't able to capture all the details. Still I found the adaptation to the big screen enjoyable and heard people talking as they exited the movie wondering as to why this movie wasn't getting more press. I couldn't agree more as I found the movie captavating and was entranced the whole way through, not just because I read the book, but the actors and the story was engaging. The movie covered more than I imagined on how Percy's family and wife were tormented with his departures into the Amazon and the years they spent without him being a part of the family. Just glad I got to see the movie as I was agitated that it took so long to get to a local screen. This movie is worth seeing and recommend that you seek it out, shame on the theaters not showing a movie of this quality! My only negative was that I wish they would have spent more time shooting in the jungle versus the time he spent at home and on the battlefield in WW1. Expand
3ebfan511Jun 30, 2017
This is a movie about nature, both human nature, and nature itself. It is not a fast paced "action" movie despite it being about an "adventurer". Once you acknowledge that before hand you can enjoy this film immensely. Moonlight was theThis is a movie about nature, both human nature, and nature itself. It is not a fast paced "action" movie despite it being about an "adventurer". Once you acknowledge that before hand you can enjoy this film immensely. Moonlight was the most boring movie I saw last year and it won best picture, this movie was FAR more entertaining. Definitely the best acting I have seen from Charlie Hunnum and it was well told, and well directed. (Not perfect- if it were more "exciting" I would have given it a 9/10, as its a little long, but works, and is still a solid 8/10 that is going on my favorite movies list.) Expand