• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
Season #: 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.0

1. Oct 7, 2015
    AHS HOTEL back to the roots of the fantastic MURDER HOUSE and makes a great improvement over the most recent Coven and Freak Show editions. With its swank setting and impressively glam cast headlined by Lady Gaga (as the supernaturally femme fatale proprietor-or-whatever) and eye candy including Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson, this is surely the best-looking and terrifying Horror Story yet.
  2. Oct 7, 2015
    From the snippets and online readings, I really enjoyed this season so far, its something new and brings a lot to the table ;] every character throughout the episode has developed a very interesting background despite not showing a lot.
  3. Oct 7, 2015
    Ryan Murphy is back to his magnificent creation of a show which uses the same formula as previous seasons but is able to reinvent itself in a way that preserves the show and the recurring cast. This time we are treated to the debauchery set in Hotel Cortez. While the plot is thin, the set up of different characters including veterans Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates, and of course theRyan Murphy is back to his magnificent creation of a show which uses the same formula as previous seasons but is able to reinvent itself in a way that preserves the show and the recurring cast. This time we are treated to the debauchery set in Hotel Cortez. While the plot is thin, the set up of different characters including veterans Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates, and of course the introduction of Lady Gaga, serves to enthrall the viewers into watching this season. Ryan is no fan of subtlety as many of the scenes are in your face. However, this blatant exhibition of gore is what fans of AHS in general come to expect. I will definitely continue to check in for the rest of the season. Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2015
    Lady Gaga truly has shifted global politics, fashion and life as we know it. Her power resonates here in ways that lessor acts such as Katy Perrie just cannot keep up in. An artist, a legend, a musician, an actor and also the best selling female artist to debut since 2004; Lady Gaga really is one of the greatest parts of this show.

American Horror Story coming together with Gaga can

American Horror Story coming together with Gaga can only mean good things. They are a perfect fit and director Ryan Murphy seems more driven than ever to make this season work after the failure of last season. Many of the acting world's biggest and brightest stars populate this season and are going to make it one for the books!

Buy Applause on iTunes.
  5. Oct 7, 2015
    Nobody is safe from being scared and thrilled this fall as Ryan Murphy returns with his highly anticipated 5th season of American Horror Story – Hotel. Literally everything about this season is great: decorations, costumes, the cast as always. And it's also has got some surprises the Horror Story fans didn't see in previous seasons including the gorgeous Lady Gaga (the Countess herself),Nobody is safe from being scared and thrilled this fall as Ryan Murphy returns with his highly anticipated 5th season of American Horror Story – Hotel. Literally everything about this season is great: decorations, costumes, the cast as always. And it's also has got some surprises the Horror Story fans didn't see in previous seasons including the gorgeous Lady Gaga (the Countess herself), who is definitely a highlight of the Hotel, and her crime partner Matt Bomer who although has already been seen in an episodic role in season 4. Anyway, these two and the rest of the exceptional AHS cast will not leave anyone unintrigued. Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2015
    A história este ano é épica, é grandiosa. Você não pode assistir sem perceber logo de cara que é uma história grandiosa que se passa em um cenário totalmente diferente do que de qualquer outra série na TV, o que é a razão pela qual Ryan Murphy é tão incrível como diretor e escritor desta série antológica.
  7. Oct 7, 2015
    The AHS: Hotel premiere is probably the best episode in the history of the show. There are really not enough ways to gush about the amazingness of the premiere. All of the actors bring a sense of awareness to their characters that is sexy. The scenes are so brilliantly executed that they are breathtaking. And all of it is led by Gaga. Of course, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson really need noThe AHS: Hotel premiere is probably the best episode in the history of the show. There are really not enough ways to gush about the amazingness of the premiere. All of the actors bring a sense of awareness to their characters that is sexy. The scenes are so brilliantly executed that they are breathtaking. And all of it is led by Gaga. Of course, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson really need no lead. They are masters in and of themselves and are so honored with striking moments of their own throughout the premiere. But this really is Gaga's coming out in a lot of ways, as a woman we haven't seen before. One that will rival, if not exceed, the Gaga we have seen in the past. Expand
  8. Oct 7, 2015
    Sure to be a hit with both the AHS fans and Gaga's fans. Gaga is a great addition to the show and it seems as she will fit in perfectly with the cast. Lets hope for another great season!
  9. Oct 7, 2015
    American Horror Story Returns, With Twists, Thrills And A Chilling Lady Gaga features an unforgettable performance - at turns stunning and creepy, beautiful and grotesque - as a vampire countess who rules over an assortment of monstrous atrocities at a gorgeous art deco hotel in Los Angeles called the Hotel Cortez
  10. Oct 7, 2015
    A very risky idea turned out to be surprisingly affective. Casting Lady GaGa after Jessica Lange's departure could have been tragic, but it was a clever move. The whole cast works perfectly for the story, even GaGa whose acting blends almost seamlessly with the rest of the crew of experienced actors.
  11. Oct 7, 2015
    AHS Hotel Trades Lange for Gaga and It’s Surprisingly Refreshing Gaga, whose theatricality fits in perfectly with American Horror Story‘s precise-yet-chaotic aesthetic, is a breath of fresh air to the Show. Matt Bomber and “The Countess” and (an impressive acting debut for Lady Gaga) they strut their stuff in Haute Couture and Gaga effectively chews the scenery whenever she’s on camera.AHS Hotel Trades Lange for Gaga and It’s Surprisingly Refreshing Gaga, whose theatricality fits in perfectly with American Horror Story‘s precise-yet-chaotic aesthetic, is a breath of fresh air to the Show. Matt Bomber and “The Countess” and (an impressive acting debut for Lady Gaga) they strut their stuff in Haute Couture and Gaga effectively chews the scenery whenever she’s on camera. She does a fair job of stepping in to Jessica Lang’s stilettos Expand
  12. Oct 7, 2015
    Lady Gaga as Tim Minear said, is like if " a reincarnated Veronica Lake meets Barbara Stanwyck"
    The Legendary Kathy Bates also praised Lady Gaga saying: "Was it Norma Desmond, Jean Harlow or Marilyn Monroe descending the staircase towards me in a shimmering silver gown? No, it was Lady Gaga! She is sublime"
  13. Jan 18, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Last week, the latest installment of American Horror Story (AHS) ended with its twelfth episode. Each season uses an ensemble cast that tell a different story that are, apparently, all interwoven. The latest installment was set in the Hotel Cortez, an opulent residence in downtown Los Angeles.

There are a few shining moments and a few gripes related to this season. Overall, I feel the season was good – even great by AHS standards. Lady Gaga’s addition to the cast was welcomed and exceeded my expectations. She portrayed her character – The Countess – exceptionally well and gave an excellent performance of the blood-thirsty, power-hungry, sex-driven vixen.

Now, having said that, let me go ahead and address something that is likely controversial in the AHS community: I did not miss Jessica Lange. And I don’t say that with a heavy heart, either. Lady Gaga has been a great replacement and, quite frankly, a far better complement to the cast. I don’t say that in a competitive way, merely as a subjective opinion.

The premise of this season centered around The Countess who resides permanently in the Hotel Cortez along with other residents such as Iris, Liz, Donovan, and a plethora of ghosts – some fairly harmless and some diabolical. Amongst those in particular is James Patrick March (JPM), played by Evan Peters. This is by far my favorite performance of his in all of the variations of AHS. He nails the eccentric 1920s businessman in all of its stereotypical glory; his performance of JPM takes further shape in the fact that he is a brutal and sociopathic serial killer, giving homage to the real-life serial killer, H.H. Holmes.

Truly, one of the greatest assets of this season is the casting of characters. Liz – a transgendered woman played by Denis O’Hare – is probably the most fascinating character this season. Mysterious in her own right, she had a typical backstory coupled with an amazing arch. The fact that the finale prominently featured her was a treat.

Another central character, who started out less than positive, was Iris, the mother of the vampiric Donovan who also started out as The Countess’ lover. By the end, she was sympathetic and made a great duo with Liz, ridding the hotel of its nemeses and taking the reins of it themselves.

Unfortunately, this season seemed to me to be plagued by lesser effective characters than effective ones. Ramona – the scorned former lover vampire of The Countess – fell flat with grandiose notions of revenge that never materialized. Sally – the drug-addled and ghostly junkie with a penchant for sadism – never seemed to connect fully, being interwoven into the John storyline where it seemed contrived. She did, however, have some narrative redemption in the finale, finding a place and following in the realm of social media, which was new for her. Speaking of John – the Ten Commandments killer – he never really surprised anyone. Most of whom I spoke with or read had predicted that revelation very early on. His wife’s storyline was pointless to me; however, the story of his reunification with his lost son, now vampire, Holden was a good token. Mrs. Evers seemed to be the best of the lot in regards to the ghosts, pining for one she could not have, while spending an eternity cleaning the blood and other things from the linens of the hotel’s many murders. Her backstory, too, provided a wonderful investigation into her heartbreak and her present circumstance.

In ranking, I would have to put Hotel in the upper echelon of the series thus far, with the first season still holding the top spot, for me. I truly hope that Lady Gaga will return for next season, though I’m afraid her acting star may be rising so much after her Golden Globes win that she might be otherwise booked. Hopefully the show’s creators can find a suitable replacement if that is the case.
  14. Oct 7, 2015
    Very entertaining and horrific, the entire cast was amazing and Ryan Murphy succeeds in capturing the essence of previous seasons but yet breathe a new life into it. Lady Gaga's shocking and brilliant performance shocked the world, Matt Bomer another new actor deserved more attention as he was terrifyingly amazing as well. The entire production was well organised and planned and episodeVery entertaining and horrific, the entire cast was amazing and Ryan Murphy succeeds in capturing the essence of previous seasons but yet breathe a new life into it. Lady Gaga's shocking and brilliant performance shocked the world, Matt Bomer another new actor deserved more attention as he was terrifyingly amazing as well. The entire production was well organised and planned and episode one already told us that Hotel is an award worthy season. Expand
  15. Oct 7, 2015
    AHS is back and better than ever. With a terrific cast (Lady Gaga - who brings to mind Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger- Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett , Evan Peters , Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer,Denis O'Hare, Cheyenne Jackson) it’s a sexier season, it’s a bloodier season. I think it’s the scariest season of all. I’m not just saying that. Honestly, there are a lot of elementsAHS is back and better than ever. With a terrific cast (Lady Gaga - who brings to mind Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger- Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett , Evan Peters , Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer,Denis O'Hare, Cheyenne Jackson) it’s a sexier season, it’s a bloodier season. I think it’s the scariest season of all. I’m not just saying that. Honestly, there are a lot of elements that are very scary. I think because it’s present day, so that’s really cool, and the hotel. I mean, what’s scarier than a hotel? Welcome Back AHS!!! Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2015
    Wow, this was a great episode! What a wonderful time to be an American Horror Story fan!
    All of the cast and crew did a phenomenal job, both past and new members!
  17. Oct 7, 2015
    Absolutely Fantastic, The Art Deco scenography of the Hotel is a Masterpiece!! the Cast is Awesome: Kathy, Sarah , Wes Bentley, Matt Bomer, and Lady Gaga did and amazing job. Congrats!! AHS HOTEL is the evolution of MURDER HOUSE and I love it!
  18. Oct 7, 2015
    AHS is back and better than ever. With a flawless cast like Lady Gaga
    i think Lady Gaga’s American Horror Story Performance Is Her Greatest Reinvention Yet , she is haunting and brilliant in her role as Countess Elizabeth, who is twisted and blood thirsty ..
    Kathy Bates & all tha cast and producers praised Lady Gaga so much and they right tbh ..
  19. Oct 7, 2015
    I must admit, this first episode was absolutely fantastic. I will most definitely stay tuned throughout the entire season. Great performances by all cast, including their newest member - Lady Gaga. She surprised me in her abilities to convince and captivate her audience. I am looking forward to seeing how the plot will unfold.
  20. Oct 7, 2015
    I am speechless. This is the best season premiere yet! All members of the cast really outdid themselves and thankfully, it has payed out incredibly! I know many people will continue to tune in, including myself. Applause to you all, including their newest member - Lady Gaga. A menacing and rewarding character. Well done to all cast!
  21. Oct 9, 2015
    This season looks different but promising. Lady Gaga did a great job and the recurring cast continues to showcase amazing performances. The problem with this season is that I think Ryan Murphy will use sex too much just for shock value and not to complete the plot.
  22. Oct 8, 2015
    incrível capítulo, com certeza o melhor piloto de ahs até então. O clima foi excelente , todos os atores estavam ótimos, Sarah e Kathy roubaram a cena. Gaga estava ótimo
  23. Oct 8, 2015
    I have been an AHS fan from the very first season and I find myself really enjoying Hotel. I find it rather strange that people are insulting Lady Gaga's performance after 1 episode. My wife and I actually thought she did an awesome job and the way she mysteriously portrayed her character made us intrigued to find out more about her. I think that the first episode delivered a lot ofI have been an AHS fan from the very first season and I find myself really enjoying Hotel. I find it rather strange that people are insulting Lady Gaga's performance after 1 episode. My wife and I actually thought she did an awesome job and the way she mysteriously portrayed her character made us intrigued to find out more about her. I think that the first episode delivered a lot of exciting things for fans of the horror genre. There was lots of blood, gore, some jump scares, it paid homage to the Shinning, there were ghosts, vampires, demons, sex, drugs! I wonder if anyone noticed the 10 Commandments placed randomly in the opening credits. Perhaps because everyone of them will be broken during this season. Wow!!! Expand
  24. Oct 8, 2015
    American Horror Story knows how to captivate its' audiences! Gaga with a good performance, Kathy Bates and O'Hare, Paulson and Bomer. What else can be better? Maybe the two killers on the loose? Blood thirsty, blond, scary as hell kids? The Realtor from Season 1? Looking forward to how this season unwinds!
  25. Oct 8, 2015
    O Piloto foi realmente espetacular, talvez o melhor de todas as temporadas!!! Ainda temos muitas histórias para entender, mas certamente tudo será esclarecido com o passar dos episódios.
  26. Oct 8, 2015
    essa série será muito perfeita, estou criando muita expectativa e só pelo piloto ja vemos o quão vai ser boa!!!!!!!!!!!!! que venham os próximos ep!!!!!
  27. Oct 8, 2015
    Exelente, 100% AHS, incluso mas pervertido y retorcido que nunca. Escenas que para algunos rozarian lo censurable. Un cast excelente que se luce en cada escena, incluyendo a Lady Gaga, la cual posee un papel perfecto para su escencia oscura y glamorosa. Musicalmente impecable, perfectos acompañamientos para sumergir al espectador en la atmosfera opresiva y dramatica de la vida de cadaExelente, 100% AHS, incluso mas pervertido y retorcido que nunca. Escenas que para algunos rozarian lo censurable. Un cast excelente que se luce en cada escena, incluyendo a Lady Gaga, la cual posee un papel perfecto para su escencia oscura y glamorosa. Musicalmente impecable, perfectos acompañamientos para sumergir al espectador en la atmosfera opresiva y dramatica de la vida de cada personaje. Este primer capitulo me dejo la hermosa sensación de que la temporada promete ser una de las mas duras visualmente, muchas drogas, sexo y sangre, y una digna competidora de sus mas altos puntos de grandeza como lo fueron Murder House y Asylum. Expand
  28. Oct 8, 2015
    Your boy has a jawline for days!

I would like to invite you to stay at my fabulous Hotel Cortez. Our rates are competitive, our staff impeccable and our mattresses will positively devour you in their softness. No refunds.
  29. Oct 8, 2015
    I have to admit that I lost some faith on the show after the last two seasons but 'Hotel' brings us back to the roots of the show. It's dark, evil, sexy and somehow funny. The first episode has been my favorite first episode from the series. It was full of new and mysterious characters, from John Lowe who seems to be an all American family guy with a dark past that will haunt him for theI have to admit that I lost some faith on the show after the last two seasons but 'Hotel' brings us back to the roots of the show. It's dark, evil, sexy and somehow funny. The first episode has been my favorite first episode from the series. It was full of new and mysterious characters, from John Lowe who seems to be an all American family guy with a dark past that will haunt him for the rest of the season to the Countess Elizabeth who is the mysterious and evil force that seems to be in charge of the hotel. The acting is terrific and the imagery is stunning. This may be the most mysterious season yet. Expand
  30. Oct 11, 2015
    First episode of American Horror Story: Hotel appeared to be surprisingly the best episode ever. It is scary, beautiful and gorgeous with that impressice art-deco building and had arguably the best moment in AHS history: Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer introduction scene.
  31. Oct 8, 2015
    This Season had A really strong Season Premiere.For myself that one Episode made up for Freak Show being so horrible.It doesn't really disappoint on any level as there is no heavy subtext and the characters establish themselves through gruesome acts and for those who don't,other character's back stories are introduced in A detailed manner making flashback scene descriptive without taking AThis Season had A really strong Season Premiere.For myself that one Episode made up for Freak Show being so horrible.It doesn't really disappoint on any level as there is no heavy subtext and the characters establish themselves through gruesome acts and for those who don't,other character's back stories are introduced in A detailed manner making flashback scene descriptive without taking A long time.

You'll see A lot of familiar faces from past AHS Shows and they of course act perfectly.The story is leaps and bounds better than last Season and let's hope it stays that way as it looks to be A very great one so far.
  32. Oct 8, 2015
    Fascinating, stylish, grotesque, and utterly fabulous!

This season has so much potential and I hope it doesn't lose steam like the previous seasons before... but with colorful characters and a steamy style I have nothing but high hopes for this show! And of course lady gaga's inclusion does help.. with her presence in this episode alone being majestically sexy and very impressive for
    Fascinating, stylish, grotesque, and utterly fabulous!

And of course lady gaga's inclusion does help.. with her presence in this episode alone being majestically sexy and very impressive for one of her first real roles in both television and movies ... machete? pfff .. sin city? barely a cameo.
  33. Oct 8, 2015
    i'm loving it so far.its dark,creepy,twisted and everyone's acting is so on point.Gaga did a good job.it was refreshing to see a new lead.I can already feel that its going to be my favorite AHS season.
    Keep it up,Ryan Murphy :)
  34. Oct 12, 2015
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it just because of Lady Gaga. She actually did a pretty good job, even though i'm not a fan, just had to forget who she is in real life. And the setting is just impeccable, with solid performances throughout. Can't wait for next episodes.
  35. Oct 10, 2015
    To be honest I think the first episode was the best season premiere of the whole show. It seems to be a very interesting and intriguing season. The cast is pretty good. Kathy Bates is perfect as usual but her character fits her even better this time I think. Sarah and Matt are excellent. Lady Gaga surprised and delivered a perfect acting performance. Yes we all liked Jessica Lange but herTo be honest I think the first episode was the best season premiere of the whole show. It seems to be a very interesting and intriguing season. The cast is pretty good. Kathy Bates is perfect as usual but her character fits her even better this time I think. Sarah and Matt are excellent. Lady Gaga surprised and delivered a perfect acting performance. Yes we all liked Jessica Lange but her characters where very similar and it was time for her to walk away of the shoe for a while. Expand
  36. Oct 9, 2015
    Os bons tempos da série estão de volta. Depois de duas temporadas dramaticamente fracas, Hotel surge superando todas as expectativas. O roteiro é brilhante com a mistura do clássico e contemporâneo, onde referencias ao renomado O Iluminado são claras. O elenco é impecável, e a presença genial de Lady Gaga colabora para a grandiosidade da série, além de excelente atriz. Incrível!
  37. Oct 9, 2015
    nossa...ta perfeito..cenario..atuacao
    nunca vi algo tao perfeito..jesus ... nosssaaaaa gaga ta muitoboaaaaaaa como posso dzier
    nunca peserei algo tao bommm
  38. Oct 12, 2015
    Ryan Murphy never ceases to amaze me on the AHS seasons and this one is no different. I love the extravagant fashion that Lady Gaga displayed during season one. I especially loved the blood soaked foursome. It kind of surprised, but overall, it displayed the type of horror I enjoy. Very effective! :)
  39. Oct 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A temporada esta entorpecida de vingança, mistério, crimes, historias e principalmente sangue, o enredo bem construído mostra uma certa perfeição em fazer horror Expand
  40. May 26, 2016
    Ryan Murphy has done an amazing job with every season of American Horror Story and continues to impress me with this one. The cast is full of talented people and Lady Gaga added so much to the show. Her acting in the episode "Flicker" alone is Emmy worthy. Other highlights of this season include Sarah Paulson and Denis O'Hare.
  41. Oct 8, 2015
    Why are so many people starting with bad reviews when there's only one episode out jet? I'm sure that this will be the most terrifying season jet. Just wait and dive into the horror!
  42. Oct 8, 2015
    Just watched the first episode and I liked so much it. It doesn't compare with first seasons, but like it. I'll definitely watch next episodes. Nice plot, also.
  43. Oct 8, 2015
    The new AHS season begins with which is probably the most disturbing episode of the series. And that's incredible. Horror is full-on, but the cast is as always on point (even Gaga, who is new at this, did a good job). The season has a lot of potential that is yet to be explored and the stay at this Hotel is definitely worth the chills.
  44. Oct 11, 2015
    Lady Gaga can act, and it seems there is a natural chemistry working with some of the best in the business. I think that the sex scene was a little over-done, but overall the first episode is always meant to delve you into this crazy world. Giving you an idea of what to expect while playing with your mind to make you want more.
  45. Oct 7, 2015
    As a little monster, i would say Lady Gaga was "regular", not GOOD or BAD, because the series must continue and has other characters to be focused but as a fan show it was the Best Pilot from AHS. There was some crazy and bloody moments that I was waiting to this show.
  46. Nov 25, 2015
    Giving Lady Gaga so much screen time was a huge mistake as she is a pretty lousy actress. Despite that this season is great. Feels like a mix of first and second seasons plus a bunch of music-video like sequences where Lady Gaga shows off her gaudy tat and makes out with hunky boys.
  47. Oct 13, 2015
    There were some very familiar scenes in this, but that's not a bad thing. It marks a return to some decent old-fashioned horror. And the styling is just superb. I'm a sucker for anything Deco though.
  48. Oct 12, 2015
    this episode is not as strong as freakshows opening but we all know how that season turned out so hotel might get better. everyone did a good job
    gagas visual presence was on point but her line delivery wasnt so good so ill give her 7/10. overall she did well. cant wait for the second episode
  49. Oct 30, 2015
    Best season since S1. It is back to its grittier darkness with a great vampire story. S3 and S4 were the weakest seasons for me. S2 was my second favorite until Hotel. I hope this show keeps this sort of vibe if it continues. Lady Gaga is refreshing...she's not off-the-charts amazing, but more than adequate and pulls off the 80's woman vibe well. Evan Peters is the one stealing theBest season since S1. It is back to its grittier darkness with a great vampire story. S3 and S4 were the weakest seasons for me. S2 was my second favorite until Hotel. I hope this show keeps this sort of vibe if it continues. Lady Gaga is refreshing...she's not off-the-charts amazing, but more than adequate and pulls off the 80's woman vibe well. Evan Peters is the one stealing the show here. He deserves award nominations. This is his best acting of any season, thus far. Thank god, Kathy Bates is in a better role than the Bearded lady role which really did not serve her well, imho. Wes Bentley isn't an amazing actor, but he is sexy in a brooding way. I like having him in the series this season. Expand
  50. Oct 23, 2015
    AHS HOTEl has what the first two seasons, horror, blood, music (not singing), i really think its gonna be a great season, especially with Lady Gaga, she is amazing and she lives art, she is perfect to play The Countess, i can't really think in no one beyond her for this character.
  51. Dec 9, 2015
    I absolutely adore this one. It's a Horror/Gore masterpiece. I also think hotel might be my favorite of AHS! We'll see at the end of the season if it is able to dethrone ASYLUM!! Ohh and Lady Gaga is doing pretty great in my opinion. That was quite shocking! Still I'm missing Jessica Lange sooo much!!
  52. Oct 14, 2015
    AHS: Hotel it's an amazing, creepy and bloody season, altought something it's missing, and that something it's called Jessica Lange, with her, this season would be even cooler.
  53. Oct 14, 2015
    This series of American HORROR Story takes 'Horror' to a whole new level. It had that much blood in the bed scene it would be a Vampire's wet dream. Praises do go to Lady Gaga though for her amazing Television debut; she was defiantly a highlight of the episode.
  54. Nov 11, 2015
    Lady Gaga is doing an impeccable job for her first run. Although plot line gets blurry at times it is always explained later. People need to get over Lange's absence and move forward. They need to view Gaga as a regular actress and not judge her based off of her success as a singer. Misconceptions blur the overall impact of the show. Great casting allows each character to flourish andLady Gaga is doing an impeccable job for her first run. Although plot line gets blurry at times it is always explained later. People need to get over Lange's absence and move forward. They need to view Gaga as a regular actress and not judge her based off of her success as a singer. Misconceptions blur the overall impact of the show. Great casting allows each character to flourish and develop. This truthfully allows for best outcome of show. People need to give it chance and see the true artistic vision behind such a masterpiece. Expand
  55. Mar 22, 2016
    Hotel é uma ótima temporada e uma das melhores do show. Achei incrível a forma como desenvolveram a história e como conseguiram incrementar vários elementos da cultura pop. As atuações foram impecáveis. Denis merecia realmente ganhar um Emmy assim como Kathy Bates. A atuação de Gaga só cresceu com os episódios e cumpriu mto bem seu papel. O único aspecto negativo da temporada na minhaHotel é uma ótima temporada e uma das melhores do show. Achei incrível a forma como desenvolveram a história e como conseguiram incrementar vários elementos da cultura pop. As atuações foram impecáveis. Denis merecia realmente ganhar um Emmy assim como Kathy Bates. A atuação de Gaga só cresceu com os episódios e cumpriu mto bem seu papel. O único aspecto negativo da temporada na minha opinião foram a má construção do personagem da Angela e da Chloe. A trilha sonora foi a melhor de todas as temporadas assim como o figurino. Parabéns ao Ryan e a equipe de Ahs Expand
  56. Aug 28, 2017
    The season held up reasonably well with some good surprises in the end. I was disappointed they didn't make more out of Angela Bassett's character. Could have used a lot more Ramona and a lot less John Lowe as far as I was concerned. The big surprise to me was how much Evan Peters got into his role as James Patrick March. I hadn't seen all of the previous AHS seasons, but he struck meThe season held up reasonably well with some good surprises in the end. I was disappointed they didn't make more out of Angela Bassett's character. Could have used a lot more Ramona and a lot less John Lowe as far as I was concerned. The big surprise to me was how much Evan Peters got into his role as James Patrick March. I hadn't seen all of the previous AHS seasons, but he struck me as too peevish in Haunted House and Asylum. I was glad as hell Dylan McDermott was dropped.

What I liked most was the choreography of staging and music in so many scenes. The directors clearly had fun with their theme and the writers kept them on track. The one crazy tangent were the vampire kids, but smartly they kept this to a sight gag rather than getting sidetracked as they did in Asylum with all their subplots. Kids don't fare well in this season.

Gaga lorded over the hotel like the diva that she is, but she was often upstaged. Denis O'Hare stole the show with his campy role. Kathy Bates was good but too subdued. I would have liked to see her go off the rails more often. However, they made for a great pair.

As usual, the writers liberally borrowed from numerous horror movies and great indies like The Hunger, Shadow of a Vampire and Only Lovers Left Alive. No matter as they were able to fuse it into their own crazy vision. Whenever the season seemed on the verge of breaking down, the production team managed to find a way to pick it back up again, resulting in the best ending I've seen to date.

Don't go into this season with too high of hopes, just go along for the ride.
  57. Oct 27, 2016
    A great season, Sort of neon gothic erotic horror. I do have some issues with this season, like John being the killer was pretty predictable, One too many sex scenes (Something i normally don't complain about) and the last two episodes drag, while the ending being a little mediocre. But overall, the cast was great, the storylines were good, the soundtrack is amazing and it's visuallyA great season, Sort of neon gothic erotic horror. I do have some issues with this season, like John being the killer was pretty predictable, One too many sex scenes (Something i normally don't complain about) and the last two episodes drag, while the ending being a little mediocre. But overall, the cast was great, the storylines were good, the soundtrack is amazing and it's visually beautiful, but creepy Expand
  58. Oct 24, 2016
    Every part of Hotel is visually striking and appealing. The soundtrack is honestly at an all time high for the series. Gaga is on point. Denis O' Hare makes the season as Liz Taylor.
    The only way this season falls a bit short is the whole drawl Ten Commandments Killer Plot line.
  59. Feb 3, 2018
    Now AHS has finally hit its stride and is in that sweet spot of horror and drama.

Overall this is the best season so far that I have seen. The stories all wrap around a hotel, a countess, things that are similar to vampires, spirits and serial killers. The base idea is wrapped around a similar serial killer H.H. Holmes who owned a hotel that was sometimes called the Murder Castle in Chicago.

The real serial killer claimed at least 27 people were killed in various rooms when they checked into his hotel. Of course in traditional American Horror Story style the body count is upped by tenfold, using chutes to hide bodies, ghosts to kill guests and visits from other serial killers.

Even though the story focuses on a possible serial killer, my favorite character is Liz Taylor, played by Dennis O’hare. He as fantastic, and I found his story definitely interesting and touching.

My favorite character!
    Lady |Gaga made her AHS debut here, and she did well, along with Kathy Bates and the returning cast. I really didn’t have anything negative to say about this season at all.

Pros: The show finds its groove, the cast are at their best and Lady Gaga does fairly well in my first exposure to her acting.

Cons: I wish they had focused on Liz more.

The show keeps putting out good content, it doesn’t feel like they have exhausted the theme of the show yet.
  60. Sep 1, 2018
    Está es una de las mejores temporadas, tanto por el lenguaje poético y por la escenografía de alta calidad.
  61. Oct 6, 2018
    Again the end poorly worked, many characters for many endings, the season has an incredible soundtrack, a shame not reflect on the episodes. Highlight for ep 10, very good
  62. Oct 29, 2018
    Very good season overall. Jessica Lange isn't missed. Only thing is that many elements were unused/ unfinished. Lady Gaga surprises as her character.

1. Reviewed by: Spencer Kornhaber
    Oct 8, 2015
    If this all sounds immensely convoluted and sadistic, well, welcome to American Horror Story. But there’s reason to hope that this will be among the better messes the show has served up.... Hotel’s premiere returned to the frightening essentials--death, desire, and property deeds.
  2. Although the first episode runs for a bloated 90 minutes, it provides only scant hints of a main plot thread.... So once again, I'm confronted with an AHS season that appears to be more gross than engrossing. Alas, I may not be able to check out of the Hotel Cortez, but at least I can change the channel.
  3. Reviewed by: Ben Travers
    Oct 7, 2015
    Aside from the always sterling production design--there is one audacious sign of hope in this otherwise trite Hotel.... I wouldn't go so far as to say Gaga's talent adds much to the proceedings, but her presence--and the manner in which its captured — certainly does.