• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2015
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
6.8

1. Oct 13, 2015
    Network TV has really devolved over the last 10 years. Writers seem to be relying on warn out premises or ideas so ridiculous (The Player) that they require a complete suspension of belief. Blindspot starts out interesting and quickly devolves into the usual procedural BS with TATOOS (not taboos) acting as the generator for more mundane story lines. It's just a vehicle for lazy writing.
  2. Oct 7, 2015
    I sorta liked this for a while, it almost works. What undermines it the most is that the male lead absolutely cannot act at all. Well, I suppose not only his wooden line-reading, but also that as others say you have to suspend disbelief to the max. I'm sorry, but in what make-believe world does the FBI give a civilian with amnesia a gun and deputize her onto the team with trained agentsI sorta liked this for a while, it almost works. What undermines it the most is that the male lead absolutely cannot act at all. Well, I suppose not only his wooden line-reading, but also that as others say you have to suspend disbelief to the max. I'm sorry, but in what make-believe world does the FBI give a civilian with amnesia a gun and deputize her onto the team with trained agents after a couple of days together. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2015
    Cookie cutter plot. We get rushed into the story as if the plot should make sense without a decent preamble. Who is going to pay this much attention to an amnesiac covered in tattoos? Yet in five minutes the FBI is in full pursuit of some Chinese terrorist? Please. Good for the younger crowd who like action without intelligence.
  4. Sep 22, 2015
    The girl with storyboard tattoo.

The girl with storyboard tattoo.

Since the days of Michael Scofield from Prison Break it's been a rare occasion that a character has plot line literally tattooed on their body. Blindspot offers a couple of intriguing gimmicks and mysteries with the premise of savant consultant and stern officer, but it tends to be the same investigation cop drama again. Its original hook might not endure its barren plot device, underlying secret or romance subplot.

Jane Doe (Jaimie Alexander) pops up in Time Square, wearing nothing but full body tattoo. After thorough inspections, some of these flesh drawings are related to ongoing crime or terrorist act. It becomes clear that this will be your typical case-of-the-week gimmick, while the main plot of her mysterious identity is gradually revealed.

The most successful example of this premise in recent time is Blacklist. Unfortunately, Blindspot doesn't have the charismatic lead character, it goes with a more vulnerable Jane Doe for more sympathy effect. The other role of agent (Kurt Weller) Sullivan Stapleton, since the procedural show needs one authority figure for the dysfunctional buddy cop role, is not really memorable.

These two serve as eccentric consultant and stoic agent, which may have a bit romance subplot. It's honestly a bit dull, but Blindspot still has a shot with the mystery. The use of her tattoos can be interesting as long as it's consistent and not random patches for typical cop show. Psychology aspect should not fall to usual amnesiac cliché, which can be hard considering the premise, but it already sets Jane Doe for her own personality.

It also keeps the setting as part of story. The later episodes might not have grand Times Square or famous landmarks, but if it continues to played out in more natural environment aside, not just dreary office or facility, it will be more realistic to audience. It'd be even better if the tattoo or symbology could correspondent to distinct plot or particular of the episode.

There's a lot of inherit hindrances of this theme. For example, how much influence this girl can have or how the series handle the memory loss. It may pique audience's curiosity with the concept, but it would be a tough sell since the other elements feel overused.
  5. Sep 22, 2015
    This was the most hyped show of the new season, and I had high expectations for it. I don't think the pilot was bad, per se, but I was under whelmed. I still like the cast and idea, but this is the first somewhat miss of the new season for me.
  6. Nov 15, 2015
    Blindspot started very promising. The crime of the week plots were interesting enough and the overall mystery plot made some surprisingly fast advances. However as the season goes on the tattoo plot has become less and less relevant and the crime of the week format has become quite bland and unoriginal. I don't even care how or why the tattoos happened any more. This could have been a goodBlindspot started very promising. The crime of the week plots were interesting enough and the overall mystery plot made some surprisingly fast advances. However as the season goes on the tattoo plot has become less and less relevant and the crime of the week format has become quite bland and unoriginal. I don't even care how or why the tattoos happened any more. This could have been a good action show alongside The Blacklist, but now The Blacklist is much better. Expand
  7. Oct 14, 2015
    I love the premise of the show, the story lines are good, the acting for the most part is credible, but I cannot tolerate all the handheld camera shots. It seems cheap and makes me a little nauseous. Why does this need to be done at all? What does this enhance?
  8. Nov 29, 2015
    We (teenager children also) have been enjoying this show and would have given it at least a 7 rating, BUT it has been ruined, as usual, throwing into the story line, a homosexual relationship with a main character.
    TOTALLY UNNECESSARY TO THE SHOW; WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ADDED? RUINED FOR FAMILY VIEWING!
    We are totally against this being shoved down our throat! The sponsors will
    We are totally against this being shoved down our throat! The sponsors will suffer the consequences.
  9. Oct 16, 2015
    Not one of my favorite shows. A girl whose memory has been wiped, and is looking for answers. But it is somewhat fun, and a good time-waster. I watch it while finishing some work.
  10. Oct 6, 2016
    Awesome premise, but there are far too many unrealistic actions and situations, and the acting is so-so.

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but the requirement for suspense of disbelief eventually overcame me.
  11. Feb 12, 2018
    While intriguing and entertaining at first, Blindspot soon falls short when story lines are becoming cliche and unoriginal like every other procedural.
  12. Nov 1, 2015
    The first episode was captivating. After the first episode it has been difficult for me to remain interested. I have continued to try and watch it but I find myself moving around more than sitting and watching.
  13. Apr 5, 2016
    background sound for blindspot is way to loud that it is becoming annoying. do you have to always have a background sound? i watch it but is now irritated with the loud background sound. WAY TOO LOUD.....
  14. Sep 23, 2016
    Does anyone find Jan's emotional touchy- feely sessions in each of the episodes annoying? The action in the series is great and the story line is interesting but the "get in touch with my emotions" side of it is distracting and it appears each episode has to have 10 minutes or so of it. With a strong male character fresh from Strikeback this could be a good show. Please...less novella stuff.
  15. Jan 18, 2017
    'Blindspot' can be entertaining at times and have two amusing leads but it lacks substance and the storyline seems repetitive and unengaging. I'm also not a big fan of the way it is filmed, looks childish and it feels amateurish.

1. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Sep 22, 2015
    It’s a lot of unwieldy plot points--borrowing indiscriminately from “Alias,” “National Treasure,” and “John Doe.” What keeps it together is Alexander’s performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Sep 21, 2015
    The first episode isn’t even that bad, given the absurdity of its premise: It achieves a little menace. But the warning signs of future stupidity are everywhere.
  3. Reviewed by: Zach Hollwedel
    Sep 21, 2015
    It warrants a little suspension of disbelief, but Blindspot is a fun, entertaining, action-packed thriller perfect for a Monday night lineup.